Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Mar 25, 2008 4:35 PM

Mar 2007
Automatic all the way.
Mar 26, 2008 2:05 PM

Dec 2007
Krelian said:
Well, yeah, but if you're driving in town you need to use the shifter fairly regularly, which makes it a bit of a pain to do things like hold a cell phone. I guess I just prefer having less to do when I'm driving to get somewhere (as opposed to driving for fun, where I'd definitely go for a manual) - I have a lead foot, so I don't worry too much with a little better/worse gas mileage. I do miss driving a manual, and sometimes I regret not getting one (I bought my car on a whim, and they didn't have anything comparable on the lot with a manual transmission), but for the daily trek to and from work and highway driving to visit relatives and friends, which constitutes almost all the miles I put on my car, it's less hassle to have an automatic.

In my country you get a big fine for holding a cellphone.
Mar 26, 2008 2:16 PM

Feb 2008
Chavez said:
Krelian said:
Well, yeah, but if you're driving in town you need to use the shifter fairly regularly, which makes it a bit of a pain to do things like hold a cell phone. I guess I just prefer having less to do when I'm driving to get somewhere (as opposed to driving for fun, where I'd definitely go for a manual) - I have a lead foot, so I don't worry too much with a little better/worse gas mileage. I do miss driving a manual, and sometimes I regret not getting one (I bought my car on a whim, and they didn't have anything comparable on the lot with a manual transmission), but for the daily trek to and from work and highway driving to visit relatives and friends, which constitutes almost all the miles I put on my car, it's less hassle to have an automatic.

I live on a Air Force Base with my family. If you get caught with possesion of cellphone while driving on base, in some cases the person can get arrested depending on the number of offenses.
In sterquiliniis invenitur.
Mar 26, 2008 2:21 PM

Apr 2007
Well, I drive a manual, and while while I admit manual is more fun to drive than automatic (though driving isn't exactly a blast to me anyway), automatic is probably better for a lazy person like me. So, I mean, if I ever bought a new car, I'd probably buy an automatic, since there's no real reason for someone like me to bother with a manual other than fun factor (which, like I said, isn't high in the first place).
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 26, 2008 2:23 PM

Feb 2008
I prefer manuals, mostly because if I still try to change gears even when it is automatic.
Mar 26, 2008 2:32 PM

Feb 2008
Neverender said:
Well, I drive a manual, and while while I admit manual is more fun to drive than automatic (though driving isn't exactly a blast to me anyway), automatic is probably better for a lazy person like me. So, I mean, if I ever bought a new car, I'd probably buy an automatic, since there's no real reason for someone like me to bother with a manual other than fun factor (which, like I said, isn't high in the first place).

Lmao, Im like you. I can drive both, but since I'm lazy I usually just drive an automatic. I don't think driving is all that fun. I usually leave the driving to somebody else if an opportunity arises.
In sterquiliniis invenitur.
Mar 26, 2008 10:59 PM

Mar 2007
I have a manual and an automatic... well, I bought the manual last year... but didn't like it. So I got an automatic a few days ago... now just need to get my license
Mar 26, 2008 11:05 PM

Jan 2008
I don't know how to drive manual yet so automatic is what i prefer for now.

Mar 26, 2008 11:15 PM

Jul 2007
EchelonV said:
I still don't know how to drive a manual. >__>

Same here. God, that was a nightmare. My parents eventually gave up on me (well, I did refuse to go out driving with either of them anymore), so yeah, I didn't get my license until I was 18 because of it. >.<

More control, feels more like your driving, nothing. I have quite the irrational fear that I'm going to die in a car crash, so the easier it is--the less nervous I am--the better. (Yet I drive fifteen, twenty miles over the speed limit on the highway, go figure.)

I suppose I should try learning manual again. From someone not related to me, this time.
Mar 27, 2008 6:53 AM

Apr 2007
Chavez said:

Thats the same for most of europe i think including ireland and if people watch mythbusters they proved that driving with a phone is worse than drinking!
Mar 27, 2008 8:27 AM
Feb 2008
I'm currently learning manual, next lesson tmr!! and I think once you get used to the gear-shifting, it just goes quite naturally.

I duno, it just feels so cool to be in control of your car. The best thing I ever saw happen was the drive scene in Vantage Point where Dennis Quaid has this chase scene and he's driving a MANUAL!! ahaha...it totally rocks my socks, the way he shifts gears and accelerates. Drools...
Mar 27, 2008 9:38 AM

May 2007
Wargasm said:
Chavez said:

Thats the same for most of europe i think including ireland and if people watch mythbusters they proved that driving with a phone is worse than drinking!

That is correct. They tested 6 people on a closed course; they had them drive with cell phones, then drink and drive, and all of them failed the cell phone test, while half of them passed drinking and driving.

I think manuals are better for people...it keeps you more focused on the road.
Mar 28, 2008 3:17 AM

Jun 2007
My car is standard and i hate driving it in traffic.
Mar 28, 2008 4:44 AM
Jul 2007
=O still debating which I should buy, but for now i like automatic better =\
Mar 28, 2008 1:48 PM

Jan 2008
my car is an automatic, But I think manuals are more fun and you feel more in control of the vehicle... although i've only practiced a few times with a manual so i'm not very good still.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The Current Events Board Will Be Closed on Friday JST ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Aug 2, 2021

272 by traed »»
Aug 5, 2021 5:56 PM

» Third shot of Sinovac COVID-19 vaccine offers big increase in antibody levels: study ( 1 2 )

Desolated - Jul 30, 2021

50 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:24 PM

» Western vaccine producers engage in shameless profiteering while poorer countries are supplied mainly by China.

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

1 by Bourmegar »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:23 PM

» NLRB officer says Amazon violated US labor law

Desolated - Aug 3, 2021

17 by kitsune0 »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:41 PM

» China Backs Cuba in Saying US Should Apply Sanctions To Itself

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

10 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.