Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Heroic Legend of Arslan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
May 31, 2015 8:39 PM

Jul 2009
Amazing episode!

Fight between Silver Mask and Narsus/Daryun was awesome!!!

Finally they showed Hereme's burned face.

Yeah the animation was kinda low budget and very dark at times.

Can't wait for the next episode!!
May 31, 2015 11:54 PM

Nov 2014
Awesome episode, it keeps getting better and better.
Both Darion and Narsus were facing hard time against the silver masked, he is one great fighter.
However, I thought that silver masked will be more of a cool guy, rather than having the evil maniac attitude.
And oh that anger when Darion knew his uncle was killed by silver masked guy. I felt sorry for him :(

The meeting between Etoile and Arslan was long waited for, I am really satisfied. They will end up being close friends as I hope, that or Etoile would die at some point.

Arslan still being and feeling useless :p He can't help it he is really useless at this point XD

Last thing: You have my full support Geive, keep persistent you can do it :D
HakayaJun 1, 2015 12:00 AM
Jun 1, 2015 2:08 AM

Jul 2014
Everyone except the Lusitanian priest is obviously against burning the books, even the Lusitanian king (by the way, Innocentis is such a fitting name) is visibly distressed about it.
Jun 1, 2015 4:41 AM

Mar 2014
So Arslan isn't confident in the swordsmanship the great Vahriz taught him?

His doppelganger needs to slap some badassness into him ASAP.
Jun 1, 2015 6:38 AM
Jun 2015
ziggy_Z said:

I'f I'm not mistaken, he decided not to use his sword because it would betray his regal status (the sword is made of gold and I assume that's not the sort of sword someone normal would use) the lusitanian soldiers would have got suspicious to see a kid using such a refined weapon, thus, he decided to use one of the farming tools he found around. At least that's the way I saw it...
Jun 1, 2015 7:22 AM

Sep 2014
A good episode that was. Especially towards the end. Daryun was freaking pro! Still curious how the dude got his faced burned. Let's see what happens next.
Jun 1, 2015 7:57 AM

Mar 2014
sanaeozora said:
ziggy_Z said:

I'f I'm not mistaken, he decided not to use his sword because it would betray his regal status (the sword is made of gold and I assume that's not the sort of sword someone normal would use) the lusitanian soldiers would have got suspicious to see a kid using such a refined weapon, thus, he decided to use one of the farming tools he found around. At least that's the way I saw it...

Ohhh, that's freaking smart of him. Thanks for clearing that up!
Jun 1, 2015 9:05 AM

Apr 2011
Another great episode.

I like the sword fight between those three.
And we finally got to see the face of that masked guy.

Jun 1, 2015 11:38 AM

Feb 2011
Animation sucked ass this episode

Jun 1, 2015 11:40 AM

Jan 2015
Rupdedudludu said:
If I had to describe this Anime in one word. It would be: Booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooring
I think you should drop this series.
*just suggestion*

Damn! Epic Battle between Narsus and Daryun with Silvermask man. They are skilled! I think next episode will be more interesting...Stay Tuned XD LoL
Kouhai__Jun 1, 2015 11:46 AM
Jun 1, 2015 11:51 AM
Jun 2015
ziggy_Z said:
sanaeozora said:

Ohhh, that's freaking smart of him. Thanks for clearing that up!

You're welcome. And that there is yet another proof of Arslan's ability to think quickly, the kid is incredibly smart and that's one of the things that impressed Narsus.

The other was his diplomatic skills which, albeit still born out of naïveté, they still serve him well enough so that, for instance, he can break up a potentially catastrophic fight between Elam and Etoile.

One last thing about the quality (or lack of thereof), it might just be me but I find myself so enthralled by the action that I fail to notice the less than stellar animation. That says a lot about this anime, amirite?
Jun 1, 2015 2:35 PM

Sep 2012
ichii_1 said:
Mroujeee said:
Oh religion how i hate it burning knowledge. All men arel equal but if you don't follow our god we will kill you

If you think all religion is like that, then your even more retarded than that bastard bodin.

I'm almost certain he or she means extremist religion.

"It's a conversation through instruments. A miracle that creates harmony. In that moment, music transcends words." - Miyazono Kaori
"Laziness is the mother of all bad habits. But ultimately she is a mother and we should respect her." - Nara Shikamaru
"You think you're special? You're not. Everyone lies, everyone hides things... Nobody makes it through this life being completely honest." - Orihara Izaya
Jun 1, 2015 4:45 PM
Mar 2015
Rupdedudludu said:
If I had to describe this Anime in one word. It would be: Booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooring

then, please drop it :')
Jun 1, 2015 5:25 PM

Oct 2013
Another amazing episode. Really love the Daryun and Narsus combo, also I have said it before and will say it again, these 1 on 1 fights are really well made.

Jun 1, 2015 9:08 PM

Nov 2011
I have to admit, this was a damn good ep.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Jun 1, 2015 10:45 PM

Jan 2013
Great episode.

Narsus/Daryun make one awesome duo and I loved their fight against that mask dude. I liked that reunion between Arslan and Etoile and glad it didn't end all that badly

I think the characters' interactions/dynamics with one another are overall pretty good in this series.
Jun 1, 2015 11:21 PM

Dec 2013
Woah. I'm plenty surprised that they had to change things up from the manga already just to make it more exciting.... wasn't Arslan suppose to meet Etoile by the river? One on one? That filler scene with him and the soldiers was kinda off.

Still it led to this silly moment, so I guess it balances out...

Etoile was nice enough to not want Arslan to die, and throwing the Lusitanian Bible at him was nice gesture. Honestly though, one good seed in an ocean of rotten eggs isn't enough to make me feel anything but disgust for the invaders. The way they preach equality and yet only accept those who were born into their faith as equals (converts are still treated as inferior here) is pure hypocrisy.

The fact that Etoile, being a hand to the King's own brother having such weird notions about Arslan and his dad makes me think that most of Lusitania's populace are very poorly educated in the ways of the world.

Next episode is gonna be an interesting game of politics. I can't wait to see Falangies giving Gieve's her sandal. ..... XD
HESTIAAPPROVES
Jun 1, 2015 11:37 PM

Oct 2011
BODIN DIE ALREADY GRRRRRRRR

Arlan and Etole meet again

Daryan vs Zuko EPIC

Don't you dare insult the Court Painter Zuko
Jun 2, 2015 12:06 AM
Nov 2010
I laughed out loud when Daryun made that face after Narsus's first reaction was being insulted at being called an inept painter.

Btw, I don't think the king, Innocentus was visibly disturbed at the burning of the books, but basically the open threat, "Though he may be the ruler of a kingdom, should any man be seized with evil intentions such as taking a heathen woman to wife, disease shall surely serve as God's staff to strike down the arrogant!" However, I also think that majority, maybe 80% or so of the populace looks to be not as extreme either in belief (like Eotille or possibly Bulin) or appearance of belief (like Innocentus or the soldiers that attempted to rape that girl in the streets during the parade).

I definitely am a bit dissapointed by the sudden drop in production as well since the previous drawings of the characters were so nice, but that fight at the end definitely was worth it. I'm definitely a bit sad that Daryun is not the top swordsman in the entire world but it clearly showed him get both overpowered off the stairs and when Silvermask did that jumping attack before Narsus jumped in. To think that he even dodged Narsus's attack even after what looked to be fully committing to his attack he was still able to dodge. Plus I was totally surprised when he was able to hold off both of them. They way Silvermask held back both Daryun and Narsus with only one hand as they fluidly swapped positions and pressed him back was amazing.
Jun 2, 2015 2:04 AM

Mar 2014
Rupdedudludu said:
2deep4u
Jun 2, 2015 10:52 AM

Nov 2010
Etoile seems to be a girl to me, also from what I've seen from the first episode
Hermes is quite strong if Daryun can't handle him alone
The sword actions looked good
Jun 2, 2015 2:02 PM

Jan 2013
Great episode, loved the effects on the sword fighting.
The plot is fairly interesting, I don't know where it's headed in the long run.
Jun 2, 2015 3:21 PM

Apr 2012
Animation of this anime always sucks. That bad drawn take my attantion too much, they should do it more properly. Ever if plot is not good this much, I would not watch this series.
That maniac Bodin, I hate that guy and like him. Why do you burn those books, those books are more valuable than you, idiot. Religion-maniacs are everywhere.
I also hate that ignorant kid, he even does not know what he believe.
Jun 3, 2015 4:45 AM

Sep 2014
Burning books. That's unforgivable.

I Like that guy xD
Jun 3, 2015 6:54 AM

Nov 2011
It really hurts to see the lack of quality set in the drawings, especially when we are faced with an interesting story with characters that have that much of the characterization to make them stand out and distinguish from the crowd; for their charisma. Plot, as stated above, which can be intriguing and Narses located in one of the best exponents of this time too; but also Dariyun no joke at the end of the narrative. Very nice despite the lack of graphic work, the fight between Dariyun and Maskman, and the next one; I felt the action of that duel beyond belief to me. Soundtrack and beautiful scenery as usual.
Jun 3, 2015 7:07 AM
Jun 2009
ichii_1 said:
That fight was GOOD :O
But Daryun didn't have his preferred weapon, so he would have lost eventually.

Mroujeee said:
Oh religion how i hate it burning knowledge. All men arel equal but if you don't follow our god we will kill you

If you think all religion is like that, then your even more retarded than that bastard bodin.

Actually, most religions were like that and some still are, even now.

And as I said, Lustania king is actually nice for a king. He made sure that all of the loots will go to the church, kindly talking to the queen instead of forcing her, ignoring Bodin's arrogant words and trusting his brother. Most sword fights are about 1 minute or so. Sometimes, it takes only 1 or 2 strikes to finish a fight. The dancing you see in kung-fu movie and the brawling you see in hollywood movies are really wacked. The duels in "The Duelists" are realistic (but since they are just actors so their moves are kinda sloppy).

With that said, convert to the church of Madoka now, infidels.
soluuloiJun 3, 2015 7:21 AM
Jun 3, 2015 9:04 AM

Aug 2013
I LOVE this anime SO MUCH!!

EeveeAndFriendsJun 3, 2015 9:07 AM
Jun 3, 2015 10:54 AM
Sep 2014
StevenHu said:
Stark700 said:

His Zuko costume is pretty good, but the scar is on the wrong side.

^^^lol
Well, the first half of this episode looked horrible and it was very distracting and it sucked.
On the other hand the rest of the episode was handled nicely and was very entertaining.
So I'd say it was a decent episode. I wonder where Andragoras is...

Jun 3, 2015 12:51 PM

Aug 2014
Honestly didn't notice the drawings being too bad.

Anime is good, fucking deal with it.
Jun 4, 2015 1:06 PM
Nov 2014
Aw my god !!

First: great episode, really enjoyed every part of it.

The moment the mask flew off... ZUKO ITS ZUKOO !!!
💕 Monocision 💕 - Disqus
Jun 5, 2015 11:04 AM

Aug 2013
Honestly, I see so many things wrong with Arslan right now. There's the art inconsistency (I don't mind the CG, actually), there's the dreadful pacing (I mean, look at how that episode began), and then there's the ill-timed battle and horrible crosscutting.

Despite all that, though, I still really, really like Arslan.
I don't like novels that end happily. They depress me so much.
Jun 5, 2015 12:40 PM

Oct 2014
THIS ARCHPRIEST IS EDGY AF

LOL INNOCENTIS THE KING XD

THIS EPSIODE WAS FUNNY TBH
Jun 7, 2015 1:58 AM

May 2010
The inconsistent art is obviously because they put all their time and money into the sword fight. Did you see the animation on that? They put effort into that choreography and special effects!
Jun 7, 2015 12:35 PM

Apr 2014
Awesome battle of the giants: Daryun vs Hermes! And Arslan met his Lusitanian friend.
Jun 10, 2015 3:21 PM

May 2013
Narsus wants Bodin dead. I really want to see this.
Etoile reunites with Arslan, but still doesn't know he's Arslan.

Damn, Daryun and Narsus vs Hermes. Animation "made up" for the art in the first half.
Glad someone mentioned that Hermes is Zuko.
I’m always searching for something, for someone. This feeling has possessed me I think, from that day… That day when the stars came falling.
Jun 11, 2015 8:41 AM
Jul 2018
Awesome fight between Daryun/Narsus vs Hermes! I thoroughly enjoyed watching it. Narsus getting angry over being called inept was amusing :D

Etoile and Arslan meet again; I wonder what he will do when he finds out that the rich boy is none other than Arslan? They have some seriously corrupt beliefs though, not that I expected anything else :/
Jun 22, 2015 2:01 AM

Jul 2008
And they call Pars savages....hypocrites they all are. But silvermask's fight was worth the price of admission.
Jul 4, 2015 10:04 AM

May 2014
DejWo said:
I like Farangis and Gieve banter so much.
Another good episode.

hahah I completely agree, that was this episode's highlights!
I still hate religion, even more after this episode.
Jul 4, 2015 4:46 PM

Feb 2013
Good fight!
Everything else was boring.
Jul 11, 2015 11:36 AM

Oct 2012
Still so naive... man, I expected he would get over that by now. His idiocy and unwillingness to see evil in his enemise is getting unbearable. His attitude would get him killed at least ten times already. He is great burden for his protectors and reason of constant face-palming for viewers.

It's precisely how Etoile said, he is acting so recklessly again and again. Just about everyone else is fine, it's just him. The problem is he is protagonist and that he wants to become the king. And having the weakest character as someone who should have our respect simply doesn't work.

And it really bugs me that enemies in this series are never using their bows when they see their adversaries escaping.
Jul 12, 2015 8:24 AM

Jan 2011
This is like Christianity all over again, man most religions suck hard.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Jul 27, 2015 8:59 PM

Dec 2013
Damn. We got ourselves Zuko up in here.
Aug 19, 2015 8:58 PM

Jun 2014
And the plot thickens! We now know most of sliver masks face!
And the reunion!
That guy has winged eyeliner...
Be sure to message me if you quoted me and want me to respond! Just give me a link to the forum, because usually I leave my comment, then leave the forum.
Aug 20, 2015 7:56 AM

Aug 2014
so the fog wasn't chemistry but magic? and are silvermasks a thing now or convenient?

daryun/narsus vs hermes was entertaining. (daryun confessing to being in trouble if narsus was late is weird, i thought he would have gotten somewhere, i mean he did remove hermes' mask)
Sep 26, 2015 2:58 AM

Apr 2014
Mich666 said:
Still so naive... man, I expected he would get over that by now. His idiocy and unwillingness to see evil in his enemise is getting unbearable. His attitude would get him killed at least ten times already. He is great burden for his protectors and reason of constant face-palming for viewers.

It's precisely how Etoile said, he is acting so recklessly again and again. Just about everyone else is fine, it's just him. The problem is he is protagonist and that he wants to become the king. And having the weakest character as someone who should have our respect simply doesn't work.

And it really bugs me that enemies in this series are never using their bows when they see their adversaries escaping.

I don't think his compassionate idealism is naive or wrong. He sees the humanity in his enemies, and that is an insight that ends wars. I just think he need to learn when and how to use it.

Book burning.... even in an anime, it sends shivers down my spine and makes me sick to my stomach. The culture and knowledge lost.

I'm glad the strategist plans to take down that religious nut. he pushed that poor soldier into the fire!
DawningFogSep 26, 2015 3:53 AM
Jan 8, 2016 11:17 PM
Apr 2015
I hope the king of Lusithania doesn't marry the queen of Par , but That sword fight was awesome all three of them are strong .. On a side note , Hermes got a huge burn on his face like .... damn ,
That bald head guy is crazy , the same one that was gonna torture Shapur pushes somebody into a fire smh
DragonIncursioJan 8, 2016 11:21 PM
Jan 12, 2016 4:17 PM

May 2012
Pretty decent development, let's see what's next!
Jan 25, 2016 2:28 PM

Aug 2011
Loved the Daryun/Narsus vs. the masked guy! Narsus has some nice moves, brains and skill... impressive.

Really into this series!!
Feb 13, 2016 6:45 AM

Mar 2010
Ah Shit another overpowered enemy, not even two on one could scratch the masked guy -______-

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
May 25, 2016 1:42 AM

Jul 2013
I don't know.. Silver Mask's face reveal is just not that significant for me. And he just looks like Zuko, nothing too unusual.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Arslan Senki (TV) Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 27, 2015

243 by Yabasawa »»
Sep 9, 8:26 PM

Poll: » Arslan Senki (TV) Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 21, 2015

125 by Talamare »»
Jun 11, 10:59 AM

Poll: » Arslan Senki (TV) Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 26, 2015

160 by Ba-Cii10 »»
Apr 30, 3:19 AM

Poll: » Arslan Senki (TV) Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 19, 2015

174 by Ba-Cii10 »»
Apr 29, 4:43 PM

Poll: » Arslan Senki (TV) Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 12, 2015

237 by Ba-Cii10 »»
Apr 29, 4:09 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.