Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (21) « First ... « 18 19 [20] 21 »
Apr 2, 2015 10:02 AM

Oct 2014
Othi-tan said:
nocorras said:

If you don't agree that's fine.
Oh really?

YEah that was the message I got every time I looked at the threads....

Likewise if you guys think that Shirou is ruined(heh) just drop it and let the majority here have some fun.

Reddit and 4chan seem more like places for you to post at.

I can post where i want, just as you can. You can choose what to read what you want just as I can.

You rag on Fai but you're a primma donna yourself. Maybe Skype is the better option for you.
Apr 2, 2015 10:02 AM

Jun 2014
Othi-tan said:
nocorras said:

If you don't agree that's fine.
Oh really?

Likewise if you guys think that Shirou is ruined(heh) just drop it and let the majority here have some fun.

Shots fired...
Apr 2, 2015 10:04 AM

Oct 2014
It may be just me, but it seems every time I see the word "generic" or "bland", it amounts to nothing more than "not as I want it to be".
Apr 2, 2015 10:05 AM

Oct 2014
Grey-Zone said:
It may be just me, but it seems every time I see the word "generic" or "bland", it amounts to nothing more than "not as I want it to be".

I've posted comparisons from the VN and added short 1-2 liners that would have made the show a 9/10 for me easily. Not doing it for the 10th time.
Apr 2, 2015 10:07 AM

Feb 2015
damastah said:
Othi-tan said:
Oh really?

Shots fired..

fixed....
Apr 2, 2015 10:11 AM

Jun 2014
chat77 said:
damastah said:

Shots fired..

fixed....

Lol obligatory GoB
Apr 2, 2015 10:25 AM

Jul 2007
lul casual spoilers.
Apr 2, 2015 12:25 PM

Oct 2014
nocorras said:
Grey-Zone said:

I've posted comparisons from the VN and added short 1-2 liners that would have made the show a 9/10 for me easily. Not doing it for the 10th time.

Those points you brought up would enhance an already established aspect about Shirou at best (aside from maybe his interaction with Rin), but it would not directly influence the question whether Shirou is "generic/bland" or not. Actually, what you said proves my point. You are even saying that it would enhance YOUR rating for the show, i.e. it's "not as you want it to be" right now. Fake asked multiple times, what you think the show failed to show about Shirou, which was not answered yet. Since that was not adressed, my point still stands.
Apr 2, 2015 2:31 PM

Oct 2014
Grey-Zone said:
nocorras said:

Those points you brought up would enhance an already established aspect about Shirou at best (aside from maybe his interaction with Rin), but it would not directly influence the question whether Shirou is "generic/bland" or not. Actually, what you said proves my point. You are even saying that it would enhance YOUR rating for the show, i.e. it's "not as you want it to be" right now. Fake asked multiple times, what you think the show failed to show about Shirou, which was not answered yet. Since that was not adressed, my point still stands.

Answered that in my other posts. Been answered dozens of times by other people. I'm done arguing, you and Fake are free to think what you want and so is anyone else.
nocorrasApr 2, 2015 2:46 PM
May 6, 2015 9:01 AM

Dec 2009
Ugh, this just makes me want to see the Fate route now.
Jul 17, 2015 2:41 PM

Jun 2015
Just need to point this out:

In Fate/Zero, Caster creates a gigantic monster that attracts tons of witnesses.

In this, Archer's Phantasm creates an enormous explosion, and nobody notices.

Seriously, what's up with that?
AltoRoarkJul 17, 2015 2:46 PM
Jul 17, 2015 2:52 PM

Apr 2015
AltoRoark99 said:

The explosion didn't exactly sit still and wait for witnesses to rush there.

Neither Is it important to the narrative that anyone did notice, mostly because the Church probably takes care of that.
Jul 18, 2015 2:14 AM

Jul 2007
AltoRoark99 said:
Just need to point this out:

In Fate/Zero, Caster creates a gigantic monster that attracts tons of witnesses.

In this, Archer's Phantasm creates an enormous explosion, and nobody notices.

First of all, Zero Spoilers.

Second of all, the explosion this episode was NOT supposed to look THAT flashy but this adaptation kind of is going style over substance with that
Jul 23, 2015 3:03 AM

Mar 2012
Lolis are the embodiment of all that is evil waiting to kill you in your sleep.
Sep 10, 2015 9:20 PM

Aug 2014
Been watching this on Netflix and the fight doesn't start till episode 4. I'm confused lol.
Oct 6, 2015 5:42 AM

Jul 2015
Epic Awesome
Jan 23, 2016 8:12 AM

Oct 2015
Wow Saber's fighting was great! I was really enjoyed watching their fight. The archer looks cool when he shoots the arrow from far away XD The little girl seems to be crazy. Great episode.
Jan 24, 2016 7:14 AM

Nov 2015
This was a great episode. Saber's fought in a heroic style!
Wow! Archer looks so cool with the bow and arrow.
Feb 19, 2016 6:15 PM

Jan 2013
How did Shirou know that archer was gonna launch that?
Feb 21, 2016 3:40 AM

Aug 2010
olha2 said:

It'll be explained later in the second cour, but good on you for noticing it.
Feb 21, 2016 9:04 AM

Jan 2013
astroprogs said:
olha2 said:

I've already finished FSN completely. so could you tell me.
Feb 21, 2016 9:42 AM

Aug 2010
olha2 said:
astroprogs said:

End of UBW spoilers:
astroprogsFeb 21, 2016 9:48 AM
Feb 21, 2016 11:23 AM

Jan 2013
astroprogs said:
olha2 said:

End of UBW spoilers:

Thanks.
Could you also explain how Warning last episode UBW spoiler upcoming
Feb 21, 2016 1:36 PM

Aug 2010
olha2 said:
astroprogs said:

End of UBW spoilers:

Thanks.
Could you also explain how Warning last episode UBW spoiler upcoming

Feb 22, 2016 12:23 AM

Jul 2007

Motherfucking thanks, ufotable.
Mar 12, 2016 1:01 AM
Jan 2015
HOLY SHIT !! 10/10 And the highlight of this episode is definitely Archer and Saber's fight against berserker

I didn't play the VN , so I basically only compare this to fate/stay night..there's so many new things , and it's very great .Rather than portraying Emiya's character , they make this a very intense fight , not like some brutal-beatdown at fate/stay night

and Shirou's character seems more likeable at UBW rather than at FSN..the way they portray his character and such
Mar 12, 2016 6:21 PM

Sep 2014
frankykun13 said:
HOLY SHIT !! 10/10 And the highlight of this episode is definitely Archer and Saber's fight against berserker

I didn't play the VN , so I basically only compare this to fate/stay night..there's so many new things , and it's very great .Rather than portraying Emiya's character , they make this a very intense fight , not like some brutal-beatdown at fate/stay night

and Shirou's character seems more likeable at UBW rather than at FSN..the way they portray his character and such

well, just a tip. UBW and Fate/stay night 2006 follow two different storylines from the VN. this fight here happened like it did because shirou had blown his command seal to stop saber. since shirou stopped saber Archer doesnt get injured which allowed him to be present for the berserker fight. Archer's support fire gave Saber the opening she needed to note and make a break for the graveyard.

shirou in UBW undergoes his character development differently. this is due to again him blowing his command seal to stop saber. Saber not getting nearly killed against berserker and now shirou doesnt develop under the pretense of trauma.

while you look back at DEEN/stay night you can see how some actions of the characters drastically change the events of the story. a thing i should point out though is that there is a lot of stuff from the 2006 anime that will you will see in this series, and this is because the 2006 anime took scenes from the UBW storyline.
Mar 14, 2016 1:20 AM
Jan 2015
Maloghurst said:
frankykun13 said:

well, just a tip. UBW and Fate/stay night 2006 follow two different storylines from the VN. this fight here happened like it did because shirou had blown his command seal to stop saber. since shirou stopped saber Archer doesnt get injured which allowed him to be present for the berserker fight. Archer's support fire gave Saber the opening she needed to note and make a break for the graveyard.

shirou in UBW undergoes his character development differently. this is due to again him blowing his command seal to stop saber. Saber not getting nearly killed against berserker and now shirou doesnt develop under the pretense of trauma.

while you look back at DEEN/stay night you can see how some actions of the characters drastically change the events of the story. a thing i should point out though is that there is a lot of stuff from the 2006 anime that will you will see in this series, and this is because the 2006 anime took scenes from the UBW storyline.

yup , I'm a bit well aware about how ViN work ,although I have only seen videos of it at youtube . thank you for your tips .Btw , if I have already watched the anime , mind telling me from which point I should start watch the VN?
Mar 14, 2016 11:24 PM

Sep 2014
frankykun13 said:
Maloghurst said:

yup , I'm a bit well aware about how ViN work ,although I have only seen videos of it at youtube . thank you for your tips .Btw , if I have already watched the anime , mind telling me from which point I should start watch the VN?
in my opinion...honestly start from the begining...neither of the anime really go into the ample amounts of world building and characterization the vn's got. you dont really get as emotionally invested into the characters as well, they dont really bring much validation to them. ya know, Rin isnt just some tsundere. She acts the way she does becuase she's always lived her life pushing others away. Shirou acting the way he does because of how helpless he was watching all those people just die a fiery death. there is a lot of nuance to the storysomethings you'll hate other's you'll love etc etc...

HOWEVER there is a lot of slice of life and a lot of drawn out scenes the story very much takes it's own sweet time to bring you into it's world. a lot of it can be a bit nauseating for some. so for you if you're just looking to get the rest of the story and not really bother with too mcuh of the hubud. just read Heaven's Feel. there is a movie adaptation of it on it's way. since the 2006 anime loosly follows the fate route and UBW follows obviously UBW that's 2/3's of F/SN right there. i just highly implore you to read the whole thing.
Apr 7, 2016 5:53 PM

Nov 2015
[I watched the BD version of Episode 03]

Wow, the differences between this route (UBW) and -Fate- are immense! Brutal!

Saber fought, and fought real good against Beserker
(Not like the joke she was in the -Fate- route of the VN and Deen's FSN)

Of course, I won't forget how Archer took the spotlight too making honor to his class.
Really badass and he reminded me a lot to Quiet (Metal Gear Solid V) when he was
dashing to get into a far away distance to assist as sniper.

The sound in this episode was great. Ufotable making magic again.

Oh, of course! How to forget the Magi battle between Illya and Rin!? It was really good!
I don't know if that happens in the VN since I have not played it yet (Only played the -Fate- route. I decided to watch UBW first)
but it felt so right, I mean, like it should be: Master vs Master and in the other side, Servant vs Servant.
The episode had some changes in narrative like the scenes focusing in Kirei talking to ehmm...
the "blonde guy" cof cof...him... and the battle of Illya and Rin, it all felt very like Fate/Zero's approach in storytelling.
Does anybody know if this was because of Ufotable or the VN does this too?

It's silly I'm surprised by this, that should be only logical but, after watching Deen's FSN
(dropped it after ep 10) and playing the -Fate- route, this UBW is received with wide open arms.

Anyway, so far I'm liking this Shirou better. He admits his limits, he knows what he lacks of,
and acts accordingly. I don't wanna spoil but, -Fate- Shirou is S#!T jeje.
HumbertoZeroApr 7, 2016 6:04 PM
Apr 8, 2016 1:14 PM

Jul 2007
HDarkmantis said:

She's not supposed to. This fight should be all about employing the advantage of terrain to survive. She should not be able to take even a single hit from him, nor even scratch him. He is leagues upon leagues above her in both power and skill.

HDarkmantis said:
and the battle of Illya and Rin, it all felt very like Fate/Zero's approach in storytelling.
Does anybody know if this was because of Ufotable or the VN does this too?

While the fight scene is all anime original, its in-line with how fights are portrayed/written in the VN. And it is written as author of the original VN.
Alas, you won't be seeing much of that going forward as Ufotable decided to take...flashier approach after these initial episodes.

Anyway, so far I'm liking this Shirou better. He admits his limits, he knows what he lacks of,
and acts accordingly. I don't wanna spoil but, -Fate- Shirou is S#!T jeje.

All Shirou versions know their limits. They know the ideas they are following are hypocritical and impossible from the very beginning. They are simply incapable of caring about that or functioning via anything else but fulfillment of said ideals, due to mental trauma. The idea of "Me" or "I" simply does not exist to them.

And Fate-Shirou is understandably more desperate in his approach since

Alas neither of the adaptations that exist delve into that and just skip those details.
AhenshihaelApr 8, 2016 1:18 PM
Apr 8, 2016 1:25 PM

Nov 2015
Fai said:
HDarkmantis said:

She's not supposed to. This fight should be all about employing the advantage of terrain to survive. She should not be able to take even a single hit from him, nor even scratch him. He is leagues upon leagues above her in both power and skill.

Oh thanks, I did expect that.
Both things, the way Saber fought and the thing in the spoiler tag.

I got exited because in comparison to what she did in the 1st route...well... mehhh... This was way better.
Yes, She fought like Beserker was no mayor problem, it seemed like she was handling it very well, but oh well, that's not a deal breaker.

Oh, regarding the story telling.. oh well, I expected that too. Read too many comments saying the first half is way too slow and the second too rushed.
Jeje... Ufotable, get it right for HF, would you kindly?
HumbertoZeroApr 8, 2016 1:28 PM
Apr 29, 2016 11:12 AM

Dec 2015
Saber looks so cute with normal clothes, hope we see more of her normal side since this Emiya isnt an asshole to her
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Apr 29, 2016 5:49 PM

Sep 2014
joe_g7 said:
Saber looks so cute with normal clothes, hope we see more of her normal side since this Emiya isnt an asshole to her
so i take it you get why Saber would act differently here than she did in F/Z
Apr 30, 2016 1:35 AM

Dec 2015
Maloghurst said:
joe_g7 said:

Yup, in F/Z she was too formal
Apr 30, 2016 5:54 PM

Sep 2014
joe_g7 said:
Maloghurst said:

Saber was never quick to reveal her identity in fate/stay night. Even in her own story route her identity had to actually get forced out of her. some people were legit taken aback that saber would act more "confortable" around shirou than she did with other characters in other sseries
MaloghurstApr 30, 2016 6:07 PM
May 1, 2016 1:51 AM

Dec 2015
Maloghurst said:
joe_g7 said:

Saber was never quick to reveal her identity in fate/stay night. Even in her own story route her identity had to actually get forced out of her. some people were legit taken aback that saber would act more "confortable" around shirou than she did with other characters in other sseries

yes thats what I thought, she was more comfortable and open with Shirou, and seeing their interactions I thought to myself that, hey we might get some mini-romance, but it quickly disappeared
May 1, 2016 8:05 PM

Sep 2014
joe_g7 said:
Maloghurst said:

yes thats what I thought, she was more comfortable and open with Shirou, and seeing their interactions I thought to myself that, hey we might get some mini-romance, but it quickly disappeared
romance occurs between them in the first story route of fate/stay night. unlike there circumstances wont really allow for them to really "ignite" in this story route. also with this in mind a majority of the story elements involving here will not arise like they do in the other storyline. so if you're coming in straight from F/Z it's gonna be a bit of a rough transition imo
May 3, 2016 4:01 AM

Dec 2015
Maloghurst said:
joe_g7 said:

romance occurs between them in the first story route of fate/stay night. unlike there circumstances wont really allow for them to really "ignite" in this story route. also with this in mind a majority of the story elements involving here will not arise like they do in the other storyline. so if you're coming in straight from F/Z it's gonna be a bit of a rough transition imo

Yeah, I havent watched Fate/Stay night, I came here straight from Fate/Zero, but no problems so far
May 4, 2016 10:49 AM

Sep 2014
joe_g7 said:
Maloghurst said:

Yeah, I havent watched Fate/Stay night, I came here straight from Fate/Zero, but no problems so far
dont worry about F/SN 2006. as far as this goes you basically got UBW and the upcoming HF trilogy and this would make up your fate/stay night adaptation. more or less at the end of the day you'll be getting 2/3rds of F/SN from UFO and you'd be getting screwed out of a few plot threads(most notably saber's) but for the most part F/Z, UBW, and HF will be your Fate experience. oh and there is also an upcoming Fate/extra adaptation. but F/E doesnt really sit withing this "main story" that is presented in Fate/stay night(and by extension F/Z)
May 4, 2016 11:04 AM

Dec 2015
Maloghurst said:
joe_g7 said:

dont worry about F/SN 2006. as far as this goes you basically got UBW and the upcoming HF trilogy and this would make up your fate/stay night adaptation. more or less at the end of the day you'll be getting 2/3rds of F/SN from UFO and you'd be getting screwed out of a few plot threads(most notably saber's) but for the most part F/Z, UBW, and HF will be your Fate experience. oh and there is also an upcoming Fate/extra adaptation. but F/E doesnt really sit withing this "main story" that is presented in Fate/stay night(and by extension F/Z)

okay, thank you for the info, appreciate it
May 20, 2016 12:40 AM

Dec 2012
Another great episode. The beauty continues. Berserker got the moves! Berserker too stronk!

Oh, Shirou. It begins.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Jun 24, 2016 9:34 PM
Aug 2015
Berserker is soo op. He kind of looks like a mini version of a Kabane or titan lol.

I still don't get his Noble Phantasm. Is it just that you can revive from death every 3 days?
Jun 25, 2016 12:35 AM

Jul 2007
arikryu said:

I still don't get his Noble Phantasm. Is it just that you can revive from death every 3 days?

No, since. He revived twice in the fight already(from Saber's attack and from Archer's arrow).

It also has already been stated that you need specific mystic rank of attacks to wound him.
Aug 29, 2016 11:47 PM

Jun 2016
Finally, sizeable departure from the Fate route - can't wait to see how things go differently. I was practically drooling at the battle animation and sound. Ufotable _/\_
Oct 7, 2016 12:36 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
no one win, no one loss, nice combat, horrible final to the combat...boring... always the same... seem the fate/stay children, 3 masters and 3 children, although the evil priest if possible be a master too...
Oct 29, 2016 1:58 PM

Mar 2010
Hmm Seems like shiro has cancer.. Anyways devil child seems to relaxed. I feel like she wants to just rage about her past.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Mar 12, 2017 1:59 AM

Apr 2013
I wonder if they couldn't just have killed Illyasviel there if Archer would've cared to join them :P
Mar 15, 2017 12:04 PM

Jul 2013
Gator said:
I wonder if they couldn't just have killed Illyasviel there if Archer would've cared to join them :P

Didn't Archer's smirk at the end after attempting to kill Berserker while almost indirectly killing Saber seem ominous to you?
Mar 16, 2017 2:09 AM

Jul 2007
Gator said:

Its made very clear here that for whatever reason Archer had no intent at attacking her(ex: lying that he can't see or target her properly despite being perfectly able to save Rin).
Pages (21) « First ... « 18 19 [20] 21 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 27, 2014

2751 by oilapqoi »»
May 15, 12:58 AM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 18, 2014

856 by Alice_Huxley »»
Feb 13, 3:14 PM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 20, 2014

903 by keynutil »»
Jan 29, 5:00 AM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 13, 2014

1630 by SanessyAdversary »»
Jan 19, 12:54 PM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 6, 2014

707 by SanessyAdversary »»
Jan 14, 1:25 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.