Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »
Feb 3, 8:28 AM
Dec 2022
great so great
#frierentKawaai
Feb 3, 8:43 AM

Feb 2016
Blud thinks he can defeat the goofy ass elf mage with those power-status. Getting political recognition, rich-look, pretty long beard, will not make you win.
Anyways, the reason for him to participate on this exam was enough to make me fall. Family is our priority, everything else just goes second.
Frieren top-notch mage forever.
Feb 3, 8:50 AM
Jul 2021
Quite a plot-intensive episode with entertaining fights. The show keeps on delivering, as usual
Feb 3, 9:06 AM
Sep 2021
Reply to IzanaSolos
It was pretty cool to finally come across a mage who actually knows Frieren. What made it even more interesting was seeing his belief that he could beat her.

In solitude with Frieren, Denken expresses that the pursuit of magic brings unparalleled joy, sparking memories for Frieren of a past encounter with Serie. During that meeting, Frieren had declined Serie's offer of privilege for the very same reason. This stance prompted Flamme to assert that, as a mage from a tranquil era, Frieren possessed the capability to overcome the Demon King. Reflecting on her mentor's guidance, Frieren confirms that the essence of being a mage lies in the fulfillment derived from the pursuit of magic.

Flamme's words got me thinking. I'm wondering if we should just take them at face value – you know, that Serie might not take down the Demon King because deep down, she's not fully committed to wanting a peaceful era. I was really looking forward to Denken's part; he seems like the wise, experienced type who usually knows how to pick his fights. Given that he's familiar with Frieren, I was hoping to see some cool strategy in action.

Anyway, done with the first part of the exam, now onto the second.
@IzanaSolos lmao you got Geo_AW pfp
Feb 3, 9:12 AM
Oct 2019
I loved this episode, Frieren is magnificent, but the old man throwing punches at the end was amazing
Feb 3, 10:46 AM
Oct 2007
Frieren breaking the barrier gave me mini goosebump! This episode so good!
And the moment when I realize that breaking the barrier is for Kanne to go loose before the show even explain it is just so brilliant
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 3, 10:46 AM

Sep 2017
The old dude getting shit done with his fists is pretty hilarious. F for the random guy who had died tho. Frieren breaking the barrier was badass as well.
Feb 3, 12:20 PM
Feb 2022
Great episode. Just like every episode did before it, it has added more lore to the magic system and world introduced new and interesting characters while also developing them. This is just peak anime. If it doesn't win the next anime awards I dont know what will
Feb 3, 12:26 PM
Feb 2022
Reply to IzanaSolos
It was pretty cool to finally come across a mage who actually knows Frieren. What made it even more interesting was seeing his belief that he could beat her.

In solitude with Frieren, Denken expresses that the pursuit of magic brings unparalleled joy, sparking memories for Frieren of a past encounter with Serie. During that meeting, Frieren had declined Serie's offer of privilege for the very same reason. This stance prompted Flamme to assert that, as a mage from a tranquil era, Frieren possessed the capability to overcome the Demon King. Reflecting on her mentor's guidance, Frieren confirms that the essence of being a mage lies in the fulfillment derived from the pursuit of magic.

Flamme's words got me thinking. I'm wondering if we should just take them at face value – you know, that Serie might not take down the Demon King because deep down, she's not fully committed to wanting a peaceful era. I was really looking forward to Denken's part; he seems like the wise, experienced type who usually knows how to pick his fights. Given that he's familiar with Frieren, I was hoping to see some cool strategy in action.

@IzanaSolos I think the thing about Serie not being able to beat the Demon King was because she couldn't IMAGINE living in a peacefull era. Like Frieren said, to be able to beat an oponent using magic you have to be able to envision you beating them. She said that this is the reason why Richter lost. Just like Richter, Serie couldn't envision living in peacefull era which would be brought by the death of the Demon King, therefore making it impossible for her to beat him
Feb 3, 12:34 PM
Sep 2019
PEAK PEAK PEAK PEAK THE PEAK KEEPS ON GIVING I DON'T REMEMBER BEING THIS EXCITED WATCHING FIGHTS IN AN ANIME IN A LONG TIME HOLY SHIT PEAKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK
Feb 3, 12:45 PM

Mar 2007
Denken v. Frieren ends up in a loss, but that that old man shows WHY he's an imperial mage. Hard not to like or respect him. And Frieren breaking the barrier so the water mage could get access to the element of her choice was just chef's kiss.

Another amazing episode. Really this anime has everything - great story, profound even, interesting characters, beautiful character design, high production values, good OST and lovely animation.

Hard not to give it a 10.
Feb 3, 3:50 PM

Jan 2021
Dang the girls kicked ass in this episode. Denken was completely out matched by Frieren. I also like the magical theories of offensive magic outpacing defensive magic. Water girl brought a ridiculous slam dunk on that dude though.

Also Frieren literally kicking Denken's butt was hilarious.

The fun of magic is searching for it.
Feb 3, 3:56 PM
Jul 2021
Great fights this episode. This show does a great sense of showing the scale of different people’s abilities. It’s also been interesting in this first exam to see different people have different opinions on whether they should kill to more easily move on in their test. I only wish we got to see an actual fist fight, but I guess the animators have other things to focus on with all the magic combat lol. The spellcasting from Frieren and Denken were great everytime. Lanne’s water attack toward the end also looked amazing.

I’ll continue to be impressed with how many people know of Frieren but wouldn’t actually notice her in the same exam as them. It goes to show how nonchalant she is about her own fame and another showing of the passage of time making people forget what people look like.
Feb 3, 4:06 PM
Mar 2019
Even the master of spells recognizes Frieren's powers. The problem is, Frieren's demeanor lets you put your guard down when in fact you shouldn't. Excellent episode. 7 more to go.
Feb 3, 6:18 PM

Mar 2017
While Denken is a fairly new character, he's slowly becoming one of my favorites. The guy is not only powerful but also smart (and maybe a little bit arrogant to even think that he could defeat Frieren alone). Dude's a real fighter, no mana left so he decides to start throwing hands lol
Feb 3, 7:17 PM

May 2019
Reply to billybub
@memori01 Serie is a woman
@billybub

Pretty sure that in 2000 years nobody there could be SURE of that lol.

The only thing we know is that Serie identifies as female.
Feb 3, 7:29 PM

May 2019
Reply to tinydevil421
@Embient I just noticed from your last image that Frieren's party took down the corpses of the mages that died couple episodes back
@tinydevil421 wat

No, omg, and then the lesb couple would be there kidding and playing in front of the corpses?

Nah, it was just a place where the trio get dry before the end of the exam.
Feb 3, 7:45 PM

May 2019
Reply to PaninaManina

A ordem do "Rei Demônio" de matar os elfos provavelmente tinha a intenção de matar especificamente a Serie.
Por que ela nunca fez nada, absolutamente nada, para evitar que os outros elfos fossem mortos ao ponto da extinção?
Por acaso ela mantem o "Rei" vivo?

Bem, supostamente o que está sendo dito ali é que Flamme e Serie tem poder para matar o Rei Demônio, mas elas são como todos os outros magos da série, que pensam em magia como algo para ser usado para fins violentos, que essa violência é natural entre os magos, e é assim que o mundo é.
Então, "derrotar o grande malvadão, a origem de todo o mal no mundo, e assim permitir que o mundo viva em paz e segurança" é algo que conflita com a visão de mundo delas e supostamente isso as torna impotentes.
Elas não podem matar o Rei Demônio porque elas não conseguem aceitar essa consequência de matá-lo.

Ou é o que o povo diz por aí.
@PaninaManina

Not quite. Just as Flamme stated clearly, Serie never had any desire to defeat the demon king, and so, she was the least menace to him.

The point of the Elf Genocide is that before Flamme just elves were mages, like Frieren, who was found just after barely finishing off the demon that anihilated her village.

Serie is a huge neutral-neutral(but almost evil) of this show.
Feb 3, 7:50 PM

Jun 2023
You can definitely hear Killua in Serie’s voice.
Feb 3, 7:58 PM

Jul 2020
The lack of people recognizing (or caring) about the elven-mage from the heroes group being on the test is pretty strange but I'll go on with the fact that it might be a tale too old for younger-generations to care about. Fun episode, fights with many sakuga moments and I'm liking the newer characters, much more interesting than Sein; theres something finally happening instead of 2000 wholesome feel-good useless filler episodes with nothing interesting on them, this arc has been ok so far and it has been giving me big HxH 2011 Hunter's Exam vibes except the MC is broken asf. I'm also glad Frieren's party members are less obnoxious now, I hope their comedy gag doesn't become a constant element on every episode from now on.
VaixenFeb 3, 8:02 PM
NEW GOD

Feb 3, 8:17 PM
Sep 2023
Muito bom, esse anime é foda
Feb 3, 8:20 PM
Feb 2021
Reply to Rob7
@PaninaManina

Not quite. Just as Flamme stated clearly, Serie never had any desire to defeat the demon king, and so, she was the least menace to him.

The point of the Elf Genocide is that before Flamme just elves were mages, like Frieren, who was found just after barely finishing off the demon that anihilated her village.

Serie is a huge neutral-neutral(but almost evil) of this show.
Rob7 said:
Human mages were exist but were recognise as "Demon cultist" (because magic was demon thing to do) and executed.
Flamme with her deeds accomplish recognition for mages from the Emperor and their accepting in military service. Also Flamme create first academy for mages and create huge magic theory base for future generations. Basicly huge amaunt of modern day magic and folk magic were created base on Flamme theory
Feb 3, 8:21 PM
Mar 2019
Frieren still to be tested, she doesn't even break sweat.
Feb 3, 9:40 PM

Jul 2008
OMG Stark....

And no one is beating Frieren at magic, no one....except maybe Serie.
Feb 3, 10:00 PM

Feb 2020
Ah, the most powerful magic of all time. THE KNUCKLE SANDWICH!!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 3, 10:14 PM

Feb 2016
How can it be so sick???????????
10/10
Sorry if my english is bad (っ˘▽˘)っ~~~
Btw, cry about it.
Feb 3, 11:09 PM
Aug 2022
nice, what an episode of Denken right there
hope they will adapt as immaculately as this episode on "his hometown arc" #iykyk

Serie's voice is way deeper than what I expect from a woman

great episode! can't wait for the second exam to begin~
Feb 4, 3:17 AM

Dec 2008
ok compared to Frieren everyone is probably a pathetic mage, but Denken was so low class that Frieren literally kicked his ass.
shouting "I will crush you" before beginning the fight was absurd, Denken must have known the result beforehand.
It's funny to see an old guy acting like a shounen hero, but he has a youthful attitude.

I don't really need the fighting in mock up style in this show, give us a real villain or none.
There should been more refined things to do to get a mage license than fighting another mage.

I bet we will see a duel between Fern and Frieren in the end lol
Feb 4, 3:23 AM
Feb 2022
It's still very good, Frieren's fight was good... but it was too fast, in battles the anime leaves a little to be desired in terms of: when someone launches powerful magic, the anime doesn't show the person being hit by the magic and cuts to a distant landscape and only shows us the explosion. It only shows us when someone defends themselves.
Feb 4, 5:06 AM

Jun 2016
The hubris to suggest the barrier can't be analyzed or defeated.
Feb 4, 11:22 AM
Aug 2022
Marvelous elevation
Feb 4, 3:50 PM
Nov 2023
best anime for me.
Feb 4, 3:59 PM

Feb 2019
Bro Denken might be becoming my new favorite. Idk what about him it is he's just really interesting to watch. Even when he knows he's gonna lose he's still cold and calculated
"Do you believe in gravity?"
Feb 4, 4:51 PM
Jan 2017
Frieren showing off, great episode and I love this arc
Feb 4, 6:18 PM
Apr 2019
Excuse me, sir? How can I give an episode more than 5 stars?
Feb 4, 8:46 PM
Dec 2023
The visuals... & the demonstration of Frieren's power... This show doesn't freaking quit!
Feb 5, 12:55 AM
Aug 2023
Square up magic too strong
Feb 5, 2:08 AM
Nov 2023
phenomenal episode
Feb 5, 2:09 AM
Sep 2023
mommy shining god im coming
Feb 5, 7:02 AM

May 2015
Lawine and Kanne have nicely evolved, thanks to Frieren to be a good magic master.
Feb 5, 9:43 AM

Apr 2019
Not too suprised by Frieren being able to break the barrier, but man was that a cool scene of her breaking it.

Ubel backing away from Fern when she told her she knew a spell for seeing through clothing was pretty funny. As well as Stark at the end of the episode in the tavern.
Feb 5, 9:58 AM

Apr 2021
The breaking of the barrier scene was felt way~ cooler in the anime than the manga
Feb 5, 12:41 PM
Jul 2016
Awesome! Very good Episode
Feb 5, 2:04 PM
Nov 2020
This might be the best episode of this year.... Damn this is shaping up to be one of the classic of the fantasy adventure genre
Feb 5, 2:51 PM
魔法少女

Nov 2020
Reply to LeoDrago
Incredible display of her power and knowledge once again. Not only did Frieren break the barrier but easily took care of Dekken. But god Dekkens character is lowkey comedy. Mana burnt out. Clothes soaked. 2 hours left on the test. What else can he do? Fist fight to death for that Stille 💀. A real one

@LeoDrago This was literally the best. I was not expecting it at all.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:* 𝐼𝒻 𝒶𝓃𝓎𝑜𝓃𝑒 𝑒𝓋𝑒𝓇 𝓉𝑒𝓁𝓁𝓈 𝓂𝑒 𝒾𝓉’𝓈 𝒶 𝓂𝒾𝓈𝓉𝒶𝓀𝑒 𝓉𝑜 𝒽𝒶𝓋𝑒 𝒽𝑜𝓅𝑒,
𝓌𝑒𝓁𝓁 𝓉𝒽𝑒𝓃, 𝐼’𝓁𝓁 𝒿𝓊𝓈𝓉 𝓉𝑒𝓁𝓁 𝓉𝒽𝑒𝓂 𝓉𝒽𝑒𝓎’𝓇𝑒 𝓌𝓇𝑜𝓃𝑔. *:・゚✧*:・゚✧
𝚍𝚎𝚕𝚒𝚟𝚎𝚛𝚒𝚎𝚜
𝚗𝚎𝚠𝚜𝚕𝚎𝚝𝚝𝚎𝚛𝚜
Feb 5, 2:53 PM
魔法少女

Nov 2020
Reply to IzanaSolos

@IzanaSolos I really enjoyed Frieren getting recognition too. I also enjoyed Denken as a character and his reasoning for pursuing magic. So pure.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:* 𝐼𝒻 𝒶𝓃𝓎𝑜𝓃𝑒 𝑒𝓋𝑒𝓇 𝓉𝑒𝓁𝓁𝓈 𝓂𝑒 𝒾𝓉’𝓈 𝒶 𝓂𝒾𝓈𝓉𝒶𝓀𝑒 𝓉𝑜 𝒽𝒶𝓋𝑒 𝒽𝑜𝓅𝑒,
𝓌𝑒𝓁𝓁 𝓉𝒽𝑒𝓃, 𝐼’𝓁𝓁 𝒿𝓊𝓈𝓉 𝓉𝑒𝓁𝓁 𝓉𝒽𝑒𝓂 𝓉𝒽𝑒𝓎’𝓇𝑒 𝓌𝓇𝑜𝓃𝑔. *:・゚✧*:・゚✧
𝚍𝚎𝚕𝚒𝚟𝚎𝚛𝚒𝚎𝚜
𝚗𝚎𝚠𝚜𝚕𝚎𝚝𝚝𝚎𝚛𝚜
Feb 5, 8:55 PM

Aug 2022
What an episode! Just how powerful must Frieren be? To be able to destroy the barrier of her master's master, the most powerful mage in existence, just by studying it for a few days... I believe that if she had wanted to, she could have caught the Stille on her first try, but she chose not to because she wanted to win as a party, which really shows her growth in understanding and empathizing with humankind. After all, Fern is her pupil and was able to catch the bird way before her, with a spell she learned from Frieren herself, so I can't believe Frieren was just 'unlucky'. I'm really looking forward to seeing what the second test will entail now!
Feb 5, 8:56 PM
Apr 2018
I can't say it enough, I really really really like this anime.
Feb 6, 9:01 AM
May 2021
always love the relaxing vibes adventure with a good background music
Feb 6, 11:15 AM
Dec 2022
Wow the best episode yet!
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »

More topics from this board

» What did you enjoy the most about Frieren?

Daconator - Jun 18

48 by Kurusu_kun »»
12 hours ago

Poll: » Sousou no Frieren Episode 28 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Mar 22

852 by nickehhhhhh »»
Today, 7:23 AM

Poll: » Sousou no Frieren Episode 27 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ShadowkillZ - Mar 15

380 by nickehhhhhh »»
Today, 6:59 AM

Poll: » Sousou no Frieren Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 8

507 by nickehhhhhh »»
Today, 6:30 AM

Poll: » Sousou no Frieren Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 1

255 by nickehhhhhh »»
Today, 5:52 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.