Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jul 13, 2023 4:28 PM
Wings

Apr 2017
"Think I'm cute?"

No.

She seriously looks like Koro Sensei from AssClass in that panel wtf.
LezetJul 13, 2023 4:34 PM
Jul 13, 2023 4:44 PM

Mar 2015
ah yes, such a cute psycho smile. MUST BE SAVED! - hori 2023
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Jul 13, 2023 4:45 PM

Dec 2021
Hori is such a genius man, and here I thought it would be impossible to make anything worse than "he was the coolest guy," but knowing Hori of course he did.

Jul 13, 2023 5:01 PM
Jan 2021
I’m only still reading, cause it’s the last arc, hope it ends in a crazy way, so it was worth it
Jul 13, 2023 5:34 PM
Apr 2020
IzanaSolos said:
Hori is such a genius man, and here I thought it would be impossible to make anything worse than "he was the coolest guy," but knowing Hori of course he did.

what’s wrong with he was the coolest guy?
Jul 13, 2023 5:42 PM

Jan 2008
Muuuugi said:
I’m only still reading, cause it’s the last arc, hope it ends in a crazy way, so it was worth it
Pretty much in the same boat.
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.
Jul 13, 2023 6:00 PM

May 2016
That smile at the end will haunt me in my sleep for nights…
Jul 13, 2023 6:07 PM
Jan 2021
kevin_video said:
Muuuugi said:
Pretty much in the same boat.

๐Ÿค aight let’s enjoy this journey together, we might meet again at the last chapter
Jul 13, 2023 6:37 PM

Jun 2014
Hori going for the yuri bait I see. This has to be a fan fiction at this point.....
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

MAL is literally just anime Twitter as its own website lol.

Jul 13, 2023 7:02 PM
Jul 2022
Lezet said:
"Think I'm cute?"

No.

Bro that panel had me dying. Like BRO THE FUCK WE DON’T. The only people who like Toga are beta males who enjoy the idea of being stepped on.
Jul 13, 2023 9:04 PM

Nov 2008
All I have to say is THANK EFFING GOD this stupid ass fight is over,

Now we get to the really good ones with All Might vs All For One and Deku vs Tomura.

Also I really hated the Toga fight, because it was MOSTLY talk no talk jutsu and them yelling at each other in the air.

GOD, that was painful.

Also Toga will go to prison like the other villains and that's where psychopath's go, while Ochako will have her happy ending with Deku.

HollowIchigo58Jul 13, 2023 9:25 PM
Jul 13, 2023 10:13 PM

Oct 2017
Kuma said:
She's definitely saved bro.
Jul 13, 2023 10:16 PM
Feb 2022
So will we get a threesome after this arc??
Jul 13, 2023 10:31 PM

Oct 2021
Himiko Toga looks like the Coraline "Spider Lady/"Beldam" when she was about to stab kid Ochaco in that manga panel. And finally, Himiko smiled a genuine smile! Her story is remorseful, regretful, and tragic. โ˜น๏ธ And, only the rain can wash away all the blood in her hands. ๐Ÿ˜ข Jin-kun will disappear again!!! ๐Ÿ˜ญ
marquinti2Jul 15, 2023 10:28 AM

-------------------------
Marianne

~Effort, Fortitude, and Tenacity
Jul 13, 2023 10:43 PM

May 2020
Searched what the epitome of cringe looks like and somehow I got forwarded to this chapter's link.

Also, what's the age of author again? 5, 6, 10 or what?
Jul 13, 2023 11:13 PM
May 2021
Bruh such a wasted final arc oh dear me.
Jul 14, 2023 1:26 AM
Aug 2022
Okay, so who had "They're gonna talk it out in the end and the good guys will win"? Come to the front to collect your prize.
Jul 14, 2023 2:13 AM

Mar 2015
MegamiRem said:
Kuma said:
they will have threesome.
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Jul 14, 2023 2:44 AM

Nov 2008
Kuma said:
MegamiRem said:
they will have threesome.
The only thing happening to Toga is life in Prison.

Like really, Ochako is trying to redeem a psychotic murderer that literally stabbed her right in the abdomen, that's bad writing.

Would you try to be good friends with someone like that, hell no.

Jul 14, 2023 3:00 AM
Aug 2020
This chapter actually felt good to me tbh. I'll agree that the dialogue of late has barely had the effect it's supposed to have, heck has been lowkey cringe at times. I don't know what the official Japanese version reads, but I know in Japanese the same thing can be written in several ways and convey different meanings, or even the same thing but with a whole different amplitude of emotional weight. The translation just hasn't lived up to the desired level atleast in recent chapters. But we finally do get to see the insecurities and vulnerabilities hidden inside himiko toga come to light. Someone finally caring enough to hear her out, and not shunning her like the rest of the world. Because in truth, toga is just another one of many unfortunate people who were born with potentially lethal quirks. This just reminds me, of what could've possibly happened to eri had Deku and Lemillion not gotten to her during the Chisaki arc. Abandonment, rebuke, fear, confusion, and the crippling sensation that the way she was born inherently made her a monster in the eyes of society, including her own parents, forced himiko toga into the bloodthirsty villain she is. And this is probably the first time in her life that someone came to accept her with open arms, other than some in the league of villians. But they were also being treated as outcasts, or were fed up with societal norms. They were akin to her in some ways. This is the first time someone other than them, a hero no less, has cared to reach out to a girl who otherwise deserved a normal happy upbringing like any other child. But fate dealt her a hand with which she couldn't live in this society without turning into what she'd become. She was shunned, rejected, feared and even cursed for merely existing the way she was born. But she wasn't at fault for that. Most cruel of all, the people she loved the most, her own parents, her crush from her school, none of them could ever get close to her, lest she end up harming them. What resulted was fear and paranoia all around her, due to her presence. In a world where she once longed for love and laughter, now she stood on the precipice of desolation, a haunting embodiment of isolation and scorn. Cast aside and abandoned, her existence bore the weight of relentless rejection, her spirit withered under the tempestuous storm of contempt. Her very presence evokes a chilling reminder of the cost of being different, a harrowing testament to the power of exclusion. Forever marked, forever shunned, forever cursed—a tragic tapestry woven by the hands of a heartless world, which never cared to open its arms or its heart for even once to a child who otherwise, as I mentioned before, was helpless given the hand fate had dealt her. The closure himiko toga is getting is deserved and a good one. I just wish the translation was better to convey the emotional weightage properly. Uraraka could've said, "I don't want to see you abandoned anymore. I want you to know that you're beautiful the way you are." or something along the lines of that. That's all she needed. That "a beautiful smile like yours should never be tainted with blood of the people you love. Smile himiko toga, because you deserve happiness like any of us". But bloody hell ๐Ÿฅฒ๐Ÿ—ฟ, the translation ๐Ÿฅฒ.
KusarigamaD10SJul 15, 2023 3:03 PM
Jul 14, 2023 3:12 AM

Jan 2009
Ochako and Toga said they love Deku

ok looks like this is over time for Deku vs Shigaraki again it seems

or maybe its All Might vs All For One, time for All Might to become a soul part of One For All to power up Deku
Jul 14, 2023 7:27 AM

Jul 2022
Cool end(?) to the fight, still don't care, let's get back to the meat!! Next week?? Please !?

Jul 14, 2023 7:33 AM
Apr 2020
HollowIchigo58 said:

Now we get to the really good ones with All Might vs All For One and Deku vs Tomura.
We still have a few sideplots to wrap up before we get into the big guns.
Jul 14, 2023 4:13 PM

Nov 2008
Dinosaurtime_YT said:
HollowIchigo58 said:

Uhhh, which ones again, the only one that comes to my mind is Kurogiri.
Jul 14, 2023 8:27 PM
Jun 2016
IzanaSolos said:
What a man you are.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 14, 2023 11:23 PM

Apr 2014
This whole final arc is terrbile
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 15, 2023 1:17 AM

Jun 2021
After some girls talk their fight finally ended.
Jul 15, 2023 6:36 AM
Apr 2020
HollowIchigo58 said:
Dinosaurtime_YT said:
Uhhh, which ones again, the only one that comes to my mind is Kurogiri.
Kurogiri/Aizawa

Aoyama

A quick update on everything else.
Jul 15, 2023 6:55 AM

Dec 2022
so short and questionable dialogue . mediocre fight
Jul 15, 2023 6:55 AM

Dec 2022
Lezet said:
"Think I'm cute?"

No.

lol holy shit ikr. shes literally so ugly in that panel im crying
Jul 15, 2023 6:59 AM

Dec 2022
HollowIchigo58 said:

Also I really hated the Toga fight, because it was MOSTLY talk no talk jutsu and them yelling at each other in the air.

GOD, that was painful.

Also Toga will go to prison like the other villains and that's where psychopath's go, while Ochako will have her happy ending with Deku.

ochaco and deku are possibly the worst written couple since ichigo and orihime
Jul 15, 2023 7:11 AM

Jan 2014
kinda meh for this chapter. Ochako quirk is sure evolving but their talk is pointless
Jul 15, 2023 8:56 AM

Aug 2020
KusarigamaD10S said:
I just wish the translation was better to convey the emotional weightage properly. Uraraka could've said, "I don't want to see you abandoned anymore. I want you to know that you're beautiful the way you are." or something along the lines of that. That's all she needed. That "a beautiful smile like yours should never be tainted with blood of the people you love. Smile himiko toga, because you deserve happiness like any of us". But bloody hell ๐Ÿฅฒ๐Ÿ—ฟ, the translation ๐Ÿฅฒ.

This and really loved that kid uraraka and toga stabbing her panel.
Jul 15, 2023 10:24 AM

Oct 2021
KusarigamaD10S said:
This chapter actually felt good to me tbh. I'll agree that the dialogue of late has barely had the effect it's supposed to have, heck has been lowkey cringe at times. I don't know what the official Japanese version reads, but I know in Japanese the same thing can be written in several ways and convey different meanings, or even the same thing but with a whole different amplitude of emotional weight. The translation just hasn't lived up to the desired level atleast in recent chapters. But we finally do get to see the insecurities and vulnerabilities hidden inside himiko toga come to light. Someone finally caring enough to hear her out, and not shunning her like the rest of the world. Because in truth, toga is just another one of many unfortunate people who were born with potentially lethal quirks. This just reminds me, of what could've possibly happened to eri had Deku and Lemillion not gotten to her during the Chisaki arc. Abandonment, rebuke, fear, confusion, and crippling sensation that the way she was born inherently made her a monster in the eyes of society, including her own parents, forced himiko toga into the bloodthirsty villain she is. And this is probably the first time in her life that someone came to accept her with open arms, other than some in the league of villians. But they were also being treated as outcasts, or were fed up with societal norms. They were akin to her in some ways. This is the first time someone other than them, a hero no less, has cared to reach out to a girl who otherwise deserved a normal happy upbringing like any other child. But fate dealt her a hand with which she couldn't live in this society without turning into what she'd become. The closure himiko toga is getting is deserved and a good one. I just wish the translation was better to convey the emotional weightage properly. Uraraka could've said, "I don't want to see you abandoned anymore. I want you to know that you're beautiful the way you are." or something along the lines of that. That's all she needed. That "a beautiful smile like yours should never be tainted with blood of the people you love. Smile himiko toga, because you deserve happiness like any of us". But bloody hell ๐Ÿฅฒ๐Ÿ—ฟ, the translation ๐Ÿฅฒ.

This is one of the best analyses of this chapter. I am hearing a lot of talk-no-jutsu and people wishing just this arc to be over. But you dissected the emotions of these women. They had their romantic/boys' talk, but it's deeper than that knowing Toga's traumatic past. ๐Ÿ˜– At least, a hero like Ochaco reached out her hand to help Himiko.

Marianne

Jul 15, 2023 10:49 AM
Aug 2020
marquinti2 said:
KusarigamaD10S said:
This chapter actually felt good to me tbh. I'll agree that the dialogue of late has barely had the effect it's supposed to have, heck has been lowkey cringe at times. I don't know what the official Japanese version reads, but I know in Japanese the same thing can be written in several ways and convey different meanings, or even the same thing but with a whole different amplitude of emotional weight. The translation just hasn't lived up to the desired level atleast in recent chapters. But we finally do get to see the insecurities and vulnerabilities hidden inside himiko toga come to light. Someone finally caring enough to hear her out, and not shunning her like the rest of the world. Because in truth, toga is just another one of many unfortunate people who were born with potentially lethal quirks. This just reminds me, of what could've possibly happened to eri had Deku and Lemillion not gotten to her during the Chisaki arc. Abandonment, rebuke, fear, confusion, and crippling sensation that the way she was born inherently made her a monster in the eyes of society, including her own parents, forced himiko toga into the bloodthirsty villain she is. And this is probably the first time in her life that someone came to accept her with open arms, other than some in the league of villians. But they were also being treated as outcasts, or were fed up with societal norms. They were akin to her in some ways. This is the first time someone other than them, a hero no less, has cared to reach out to a girl who otherwise deserved a normal happy upbringing like any other child. But fate dealt her a hand with which she couldn't live in this society without turning into what she'd become. The closure himiko toga is getting is deserved and a good one. I just wish the translation was better to convey the emotional weightage properly. Uraraka could've said, "I don't want to see you abandoned anymore. I want you to know that you're beautiful the way you are." or something along the lines of that. That's all she needed. That "a beautiful smile like yours should never be tainted with blood of the people you love. Smile himiko toga, because you deserve happiness like any of us". But bloody hell ๐Ÿฅฒ๐Ÿ—ฟ, the translation ๐Ÿฅฒ.

This is one of the best analyses of this chapter. I am hearing a lot of talk-no-jutsu and people wishing just this arc to be over. But you dissected the emotions of these women. They had their romantic/boys' talk, but it's deeper than that knowing Toga's traumatic past. ๐Ÿ˜– At least, a hero like Ochaco reached out her hand to help Himiko.

thank you for taking the time to read my post. Honestly appreciate it. I get the feel that a lot of people just keep nitpicking on MHA (honestly many of them have been doing it from the very beginning), just throwing any baseless criticism that comes to their mind just for the sake of it. Never taking a moment to consider what the characters in question have been through, their circumstances, their current feelings etc. I hope the translation gets better so that the real intensity of emotions can be communicated in a better way, but truly this is the closure that Toga deserves, and I'm happy she's getting it.
KusarigamaD10SJul 15, 2023 2:51 PM
Jul 15, 2023 3:09 PM
Aug 2020
Lavi_kun said:
KusarigamaD10S said:
I just wish the translation was better to convey the emotional weightage properly. Uraraka could've said, "I don't want to see you abandoned anymore. I want you to know that you're beautiful the way you are." or something along the lines of that. That's all she needed. That "a beautiful smile like yours should never be tainted with blood of the people you love. Smile himiko toga, because you deserve happiness like any of us". But bloody hell ๐Ÿฅฒ๐Ÿ—ฟ, the translation ๐Ÿฅฒ.

This and really loved that kid uraraka and toga stabbing her panel.

Same. The art is fire as always ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿป๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿป. Hori has been suffering from shoulder problems, so his assistants may be helping him a bit more nowadays, which could be a reason why some of the panels might've looked a bit different than usual. But still, that particular shot was great ๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿป๐Ÿ”ฅ.
Jul 15, 2023 5:52 PM
Aug 2020
great chapter,

this will be wonderfull to watch it on tv...
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Jul 15, 2023 9:34 PM

Oct 2021
KusarigamaD10S said:
marquinti2 said:

thank you for taking the time to read my post. Honestly appreciate it. I get the feel that a lot of people just keep nitpicking on MHA (honestly many of them have been doing it from the very beginning), just throwing any baseless criticism that comes to their mind just for the sake of it. Never taking a moment to consider what the characters in question have been through, their circumstances, their current feelings etc. I hope the translation gets better so that the real intensity of emotions can be communicated in a better way, but truly this is the closure that Toga deserves, and I'm happy she's getting it.
I'm also happy that Himiko is getting the closure she deserves, albeit a tragic one, "Jun-kun is disappearing again..."

Nitpicking a global popular series is normal. About 2 years ago, I was wondering why many people read MHA. ๐Ÿค”

After picking up the first 5 volumes, I was intrigued even more, but finally understood the fandom. ๐Ÿ˜„

However, even when the manga is going to climactic battle scenarios (two years ago), the nitpicking simply did not stop. โ˜น๏ธ There were a lot of criticims the manga received despite Horikoshi-sensei's efforts to keep almost every plot twist a secret. ๐Ÿ˜‰
But, then, I kept reading and reading until I caught up to the latest volume about two years ago (Volume 31 back then). It was a wild ride! ๐Ÿ˜

I love binge-reading a manga especially when I have hundreds of chapters to consume. I squeal and my heart races and aches simultaneously ๐Ÿ˜

Also, ever since my interest in anime/manga kicked in already since 2019, MHA was my third Weekly Shลnen Jump manga to consume after The Promised Neverland and Dr. Stone (manga series which are perfect in their own ways).๐Ÿ™‚
marquinti2Jul 16, 2023 10:59 AM

Marianne

Jul 16, 2023 9:05 AM

Jun 2015
Christ... this is ROCK BOTTOM
Jul 16, 2023 9:41 AM
Mar 2022
marquinti2 said:
KusarigamaD10S said:

I'm also happy that Himiko is getting the closure she deserves, albeit a tragic one, "Jun-kun is disappearing again..."

Nitpicking a global popular series is normal. About 2 years ago, I was wondering why many people read MHA.๐Ÿ˜“

After picking up the first 5 volumes, I was intrigued even more, but finally understood the fandom. ๐Ÿ˜„

However, even when the manga is going to climactic battle scenarios (two years ago), the nitpicking simply did not stop. โ˜น๏ธ There were a lot of criticims the manga received despite Horikoshi-sensei's efforts to keep almost every plot twist a secret. ๐Ÿ˜‰
But, then, I kept reading and reading until I caught up to the latest volume about two years ago (Volume 31 back then). It was a wild ride! ๐Ÿ˜

I love binge-reading a manga especially when I have hundreds of chapters to consume. I squeal and my heart races and aches simultaneously ๐Ÿ˜

Also, evern since my interest in anime/manga kicked in already since 2019, MHA was my third Weekly Shลnen Jump manga to consume after The Promised Neverland and Dr. Stone (manga series which are perfect in their own ways).๐Ÿ™‚
just keep on enjoying it, as you said ppl (especially here on MAL) hates popular series because they feel insecure for their favorite series. Infact they can enjoy both, but they unnecessary criticize without making a single valid rational point. So just enjoy the thing and witness your characters getting closures in their life.
Jul 16, 2023 9:50 AM
Nov 2019
Hori really likes using Toga to draw the creepiest shit he can think of.
Jul 16, 2023 11:34 AM

May 2010
I love it. So cute and im glad they put the rain at the end because I need an excuse for these misty eyes.
Jul 16, 2023 7:15 PM
Apr 2021
This battle is too rush for no reason. (Maybe the whole final arc is) Toga backstory is okay I really like it, Uraraka talk-no-jutsu literally save the world right now and I don't hate it! Toga's quirk is a curse and she has a shitty perents, I think she really need someone to talk to heart to heart, to understand her feeling, and there you are, we have Uraraka. I don't care what people said, but I ALWAYS love her speeches. Maybe she is look kinda like some comic books mc who is always look at the world in the most beautiful way possible, but that is what I like her about her! The way she speak is always encourage the others, she is really has a leader potential.

And I don't think the final arc is near to be done, but now I think everthing will depend weather on how powerful AFO is.
AkitoFZJul 16, 2023 7:52 PM
Jul 16, 2023 10:10 PM
Community Mod
Entranced

Mar 2022
I liked this. I could kind of understand Toga's point of view. (I am not crazy.)
Jul 17, 2023 12:18 PM
Mar 2015
The cat fight for Deku
Jul 17, 2023 3:09 PM
Nov 2016
This fight isn't over yet? goddamn it, and I guess we have a new ship now, Ochaco x Toga, that ship is sailing hard, the real winner here will be Deku since he will have a threesome, lucky bastard.
Jul 17, 2023 5:37 PM
May 2023
The resolution of the battle between Toga and Uraraka ain't it.
Jul 17, 2023 6:33 PM

Mar 2013
I actually like the resolution, and I feel some measure of pity for Himiko Toga. In some ways she is the most tragic villain that we have seen so far in this manga in that her truest self, would never have been accepted by society. Her existence, by no real "fault" of her own, is largely just incompatible with that of others. 
"Could she not find a mate to engage in bloodplay with?"
Bruh, it manifested when she was five years old.

I like some of what Hori was going for, but...it could have been written better. Also, is Toga dead?
Jul 17, 2023 8:03 PM
May 2023
KusarigamaD10S said:
marquinti2 said:

Wanted to add on that even though I haven’t read the Japanese version yet, a lot of the manga that’s considered ‘cringe’ is a lot more impactful in Japanese. Idk how to explain it but yk when people say eng dub of anime is cringe? It’s like that for the manga as well, because certain Japanese phrases can mean so many different things that it’s js kinda cringe in English. (I definitely enjoy manga in Japanese more for that aspect and for little details that don’t translate well to English, except for the fact that my reading skills aren’t that great bc I never bothered to read many Japanese books when I was little ๐Ÿ’€)
And I feel like everyone’s js ignoring the fact that ochako’s reaching out to the ‘psychotic bloodthirsty killer’ because she noticed that what triggered her ‘psychotic mindset’ was some sort of trauma, which is not being properly taken care of as a child and instead treated like a monster. Of course she’s going to jail after this, but she’s still another person with feelings. And I think horikoshi purposely made her creepy when she asked if she was cute to imply the fact that she really needed to hear that affirmation due to her mental state being so fucked up. So yeah, she’s not cute in that panel ๐Ÿ˜ญ but from Japanese perspective, it had an underlying meaning of sorts that is super important.
Basically what I’ve been trying to say is the English dialogue sucks ass compared to its real potential from the Japanese dialogue. The meanings in each of the chapters and this whole series are cringe in English but are actually decently good in Japanese. Not the best, but it isn’t as bad as the English translations and interpretations.
And yeah, izuocha ship definitely isn’t the best one, it feels too forced or smth, dunno how to explain it.
hoshi_riiJul 17, 2023 8:10 PM
Jul 17, 2023 8:07 PM
May 2023
AnimeNerd99 said:
Hori really likes using Toga to draw the creepiest shit he can think of.

ong I wasn’t expecting the clones of tsuyu and jiro to be creepy as hell ๐Ÿ—ฟ
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Chapter 395 Discussion ( 1 2 )

deg - Jul 19, 2023

61 by KoniginElle »»
Yesterday, 5:46 AM

» Top 3 worst moments in the final war

akaishanks97 - Oct 13

4 by PeripheralVision »»
Oct 13, 9:02 AM

» Where will MHA fans Migrate to?

TwigzLIVE - Oct 6

11 by Old_School_Akira »»
Oct 10, 7:40 PM

» When will the chapter count be updated?

Ellenwitch - Sep 19

4 by thebrentinator24 »»
Oct 9, 8:57 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Chapter 430 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

ARK-13 - Jul 31

155 by GodLikesMudkips »»
Oct 6, 8:47 PM
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.