Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]
Feb 11, 12:18 PM
Aug 2020
Chill anime nigga
Feb 15, 1:29 AM
Dec 2022
Looks like Frieren's party getting bigger and somehow it resembles the Hero Party of old. Perhaps this is for the best and a connection to the old one yet not.
Feb 16, 2:54 AM

Jul 2023
I love the addition of Sein. (Is his name related to the word Dasein meaning being?)

He seems to be a more compelling character than Stark. It dramatises the quote attributed to George Eliot that 'it is never too late to be what you could have been.'

He completes the party as the healer.
Feb 21, 11:14 PM

Oct 2013
I can't tell at this point whether Frieren is on the spectrum and genuinely doesn't understand some common social things that are happening around her, or perhaps is just really mean by default by nature and wants to disguise it with that "me awkward elf, me introvert only when I find it as useful".

Sein has been recruited. I don't have anything against his character. Good design, nice personality and goal... but I would've preferred to see Kraft in Frieren's party. I'm afraid Sein will become too similar part member to how Heiter was decades ago. In short, that he'll become a bootleg, younger version of Heiter.
Feb 26, 8:52 PM
Jan 2019
Finally Sein, why such a good character didn't stick longer
Feb 27, 2:18 PM
Jul 2018
My god that little twist at the start of the episode x) even though I would prefer if they keep this series a bit more serious that was still ridiculously funny after telling that stort lol

Wonder why they bullied him tho

I should really finish the episode before reading comments here. Now I already know they're getting a new member+the most famous scene in the show, i'd faint as well xd == would have been nice to get the elf instead imo, He'd be more interesting. ^"
removed-userFeb 27, 2:43 PM
Feb 27, 2:21 PM

May 2016
A new comrade joins the gang, hell yeah.
That kiss gonna be famous for years.
Mar 6, 11:16 AM
Absolute Zenith

Mar 2016
Ah yes... Plenty of comedic gags in this episode, but nothing beats the secret seduction technique the great Flamme has taught Frieren.

The power of a mature woman in a loli body. The level of cuteness here is off the charts, Himmel is lucky he wasn't killed by this lethal attack!

At long last we finally got a bro to accompany Stark! They might be over 10 years apart but guys make friends quicker than girls do, hands the fuck down. How fitting is it that this new teammate is a priest who has a nasty addiction to drinking and smoking, very reminiscent of Heiter, though it seems that Sein is more of a smoker? I'm glad his older brother woke him up from this cycle of regret that plagued his life.

Sein's regret to not join his friend 10 years ago is almost like the regret of not buying bitcoin 10 years ago. I would've been a billionaire lol.
Mar 8, 3:20 PM
May 2022
Mad house cooking
Mar 12, 11:14 AM
Aug 2021
.był całkiem okej nie narzekam
Mar 12, 10:27 PM
Feb 2024
😂😂 hhhh i love this episode
Mar 17, 11:02 PM

Dec 2022
alcohol is the best medicine words to live and thrive by
Mar 22, 4:15 PM
Mar 2024
Amazing I Love this anime
Mar 24, 12:45 AM
Mar 2020
this anime as a whole is a masterpiece
Mar 24, 4:03 PM
Dec 2021
Rất đáng đầu tư thời gian để xem
Mar 25, 7:55 AM

Aug 2019
stubborn corrupt priest is not into the lolibaba

the seduction technique scene was funny:D
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 26, 10:00 AM
Mar 2018
That cold open with the reveal that Sein was stuck and needed urgent help as Frieren was just chillin' and making up her mind was too funny! XD Also laughed at the reveal that Stark wasn't the only one who had lost everything gambling. This episode had lots of great comical moments (Frieren's seduction technique, too!).

It exciting to have a new member of the guild! Can't wait to see how this plays out. ^^
Mar 31, 11:08 AM
Jan 2023
Jalan cerita yang luar biasa, saya sangat menyukainya, cerita yang ringan
Apr 1, 3:07 PM
Apr 2020
Sein seems cool, surprised we got a new party member tho but it seems he won't stay forever
Apr 2, 9:17 PM

Jul 2013
I thought it's only going to be the 3 of them but now they've got a 4th member. Frieren I guess has rebuilt her party from back then. This should be interesting.
Apr 3, 9:31 AM

Sep 2012
Reply to HiljainenSipuli
stubborn corrupt priest is not into the lolibaba

the seduction technique scene was funny:D
@HiljainenSipuli she looks young (18-22) but she is not not lolli :D
Apr 13, 6:22 AM
Aug 2023
I really hate to say this, but I think this is the weakest episode so far. It's still good, but it felt really off from the other episodes. I'm not talking about the comedy, that was fine...except maybe the extremely small bathtub and sickle gag which was bizarre. Characters felt off, like Stark just deciding to recruit Sein whether Frieren likes it or not seemed way out of his character. Him doing that and then losing at gambling forcing Fern to save him by getting his stuff back, makes him the troublesome jerk that Fern always accuses him of being, when he's never what she accuses him of being. I don't think they ever explained why Frieren was hesitating to want to try to recruit Sein either, she just doesn't want to do it but then decides to do it after Stark and Sein loses at gambling.

Furthermore this episode being Sein's introduction as a new party member was very underwhelming compared to Stark and Fern's introduction episodes. It felt like Sein was a side character instead of a party member character. I was almost convinced by the end of the episode he was going to get dropped suddenly as if he was never seriously intended to be a party member. Like his friend just suddenly shows up, they go off together themselves, and no new party member after all. It didn't feel like there was a real character behind his character.

It just felt so off, like I wasn't watching the same show. I mean if we compare this episode to the one where Frieren and gang shares a cabin in winter with that other elf, even that episode feels truer to the show. There felt like there was some weight to the other elf's character, and more natural and fitting if he'd joined the party. He didn't feel like a side character which Sein is really feeling like.
Apr 15, 1:42 PM
Mar 2024
This is a wonderful journey - measured and pleasing with every detail.
Apr 19, 12:26 AM

Oct 2022
The priest lies about the poison being uncurable as it is cured with no effort in less than one second. Looks like we have another corrupt priest on our hands. More than one corrupt priest. Ainchent seduction tequniek. I guess she calls techniques that her master taught her ancient techniques because it was so long ago. The older priest makes an illogical assumption about his younger brother. he appeals to her age ego. now that there is no more action going on. It has gotten incredibly boring. 2
Apr 21, 1:02 AM
Apr 2022
Wait a min ... did Frieren just do (´ ω `) facial expression??!

Extreamly k.... kawaii!!!
Apr 22, 6:50 PM

Feb 2021
Frieren doing her best XD
- Mal-Badge -

Level 25
Ranked 1135
Last update : 27.02.2022 at 05:50

My Candies :

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

May 8, 6:35 PM
Apr 2024
An anime that deserves the highest rating
May 10, 5:15 AM

Apr 2013
Frieren's scenes are just so funny lately. Last episode with the cloth-destroying potion and this time with her seduction techinque learned by Flamme xD
Also always cute how protective Fern is when it comes to Stark, even though she talks harshly with him from time to time. This time I can't even blame her though, getting bitten by a snake minutes after being warned about it and losing all of his stuff from gambling twice.
May 11, 10:36 PM

Jul 2021
The weakest episode in the series so far. Though i wanted to like Sein, but for some reason i just dont know how to feel about him. I guess he will half to grow on me. I will admit i want him to become an adventurer but not with Frieren and the gang, with his friend who orignally offered offered to become an adventurer with him.

It is kinda sad Sein forced himself to stay in the village for brother instead of pursuing the life he wanted i guess i want to see him grow into the person he wanted to be in the beginning and adventurer, maybe ill enjoy him being with the group.

May 13, 3:50 PM
Jan 2022
Fun little episode, nothing special
May 27, 4:48 PM

Mar 2024
I loved this episode it was so funny, Frieren with her kiss killed me lmao~
May 31, 11:05 PM

Jul 2016
@i-loathe-sasuke

In what word is he gay?
Jun 16, 10:13 AM
Jul 2012
"i did this because i wanted to and i have no regrets" is a great distinction to make from "i did this because i felt like i had to and i have regrets". obligation and loyalty aren't the same and that's okay.
Jun 23, 6:36 AM

Mar 2015
A new addition to the team in Sein!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Jul 22, 11:16 PM

May 2016
Godness I had forgotten how sinful Frieren was lol as a reader I never forget wholesome moments but damn how could I forget this, I laughed a lot.
I like to post in manga forum when I feel it is worth it, so people think. "Shit, is her again" or something.

People asked me where I read certain thing but the rules say no telling where did you read so maybe I am too boring for not saying? Or salty because you didn't check my profile that says don't ask because I hate people to ghost me after that. I love learning languages so maybe I did not read the manga in English.
Aug 4, 4:08 PM

Aug 2018
This episode was hilarious xD
Right from the start, with the introduction of Sein and Frieren taking her time to save him. Then, Sein warned the party about the venomous creatures in the woods, and Stark is bitten by one of them right away, and is at risk of his brain coming out of his nose. THAT SCENE WAS GOLD, with Fern and Frieren hugging each other xD.

Sein is also a really interesting character, since he actually had a superior motive to not want to go on adventures: since his brother sacrificed the life of being the Holy City, he felt he was obligated to leave in that town forever. But the reality, is that his older brother made that choice so that Sein could actually have the life he wanted. Talk about love here, in this case, the love between 2 brothers. The scene where is older brother slapped him after he heard what he said was intense and honestly that whole scene was really emotional.

Sein ends up joining the party, in hopes of finding his friend. I wonder if he's really still alive. It has been 10 years after all. Anyways, the party had to work a lot for him to join, Stark ended up losing his clothes twice, due to the gambling Sein made him do. And it was so cute how Fern handed over her jacket to Stark, and how she was mad at Sein for taking Stark's clothes. And the way she picked Stark's clothes xDD Fern will never stop attacking Stark xD
Also, the way Frieren was " I don't like you Sein, so that's why you have to join our party" xD

I honestly wasn't expecting for the party to receive a new member, I actually thought it would only be those 3, at least for the majority of the season, but it's true that they need a priest, especially after what happened to Stark, and how good Sein was at treating him. But I'm not sure if he's going to be a permanent member of the party, since he might find his friend sooner than we expect, and he then leaves the party. Let's see how that goes, because the truth is that he isn't listed as a "main" character, although if he's joining the party he will be a main character too.

Really excited to see the dynamics of the party from now on, since Fern will not let Sein rest for a bit with her sharp words xD, and also it seems like Frieren found herself another priest that REALLY likes to drink, but this time he also smokes and gambles.
Sep 8, 2:57 PM

Oct 2022
Okay so this is supposed to be a comedy episode? Well it doesn't even commit to comedy very well. I don't think I laughed even once, but had the suspicion it was attempting comedy. It feels like a detour, in a show that takes an average of two detours per episode.
Frieren meets this guy Sein who is stuck in mud.. I'm not gonna bother summarizing anything it just wasn't very interesting. This anime has no dramatic tension or proper narrative structure. It keeps jumping to flashbacks of dull antics by characters we don't even know half the time, the music is inconsistent- but I think it's just due to the writing being so haphazard there is no rise & fall, no dramatic buildup for a string soundtrack to really shine. It's just a lot of yacking.

I'm not even halfway through this anime, and getting this far was a chore. Painfully boring apart from the 3 episodes of the demon battle. Too many tangents, too many story threads about unimportant characters, and they spent this entire episode focusing on a guy I'm not sure we'll even see again yet; and in doing so, made the 3 other characters feel distant and uninvolved. Then the credits roll....
Oct 3, 12:03 PM
Jul 2024
I really enjoyed Sein's addition to the part. He is charismatic unlike the other three, fitting the HIMmel role personality wise. Hope we see some cool moments before he has to leave; although not sure if he'll be here for the rest of the season. Sein isn't in the poster which I believe alludes to him leaving earlier.
Oct 3, 12:03 PM
Jul 2024
I really enjoyed Sein's addition to the part. He is charismatic unlike the other three, fitting the HIMmel role personality wise. Hope we see some cool moments before he has to leave; although not sure if he'll be here for the rest of the season. Sein isn't in the poster which I believe alludes to him leaving earlier.
Oct 14, 6:13 PM
Oct 2024
the pacing RULES and the music is great
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]

More topics from this board

» Does Fern lift her boobs with levitation magic? ( 1 2 )

Cory0905 - Oct 16

56 by -DxP- »»
7 hours ago

Poll: » Sousou no Frieren Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 16

312 by DarkInsomnia57 »»
Oct 17, 9:08 PM

Poll: » Sousou no Frieren Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 2

282 by DarkInsomnia57 »»
Oct 17, 7:21 PM

Poll: » Sousou no Frieren Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 29, 2023

257 by Gambolium »»
Oct 17, 1:41 AM

Poll: » Sousou no Frieren Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 19

247 by DarkInsomnia57 »»
Oct 16, 8:30 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.