Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »
Oct 21, 2023 5:42 AM
May 2020
The animation was superb, direction was also well-thought-out along with the execution. Choso was magnificent and he surprisingly made Yuji look formidable. Overall a great episode~
Oct 21, 2023 7:31 AM
Aug 2023
O melhor episódio de todo o anime, yuji vs choso sempre foi uma das minhas lutas favoritas de todo o mangá e a adaptação cedeu minhas expectativas. O flashback com filtro de anime dos anos 90 foi a cereja do bolo
Oct 21, 2023 7:32 AM

May 2015
Dude I love this "If Jujutsu Kaisen was released in the 90's" sequence.
Oct 21, 2023 7:33 AM

Dec 2020
So Choso is Itadori's real brother or this is just like Todo's hallucination?
Oct 21, 2023 8:09 AM

Jun 2015
Reply to psykixk
@Nycro if you think that scene of chose trying to finish off Yuji wasn't there bc they aint have time to animate it ur actually a funny one. there are legitimate complaints to be made about mappa and how they treat the employees etc but don't go around saying that scenes are missing lmfao.
Yea , no point in arguing with one as blind as a bat. @psykixk
Oct 21, 2023 8:13 AM
Jul 2023
Reply to Nycro
Yea , no point in arguing with one as blind as a bat. @psykixk
@Nycro pointless insults because you cannot substantiate your claim. typical of someone who likes to mask their anger as some sort of pseudo-intellectual critique. in fact I think its you who is blind since that transition was a clear directorial choice from arai-sensei's part
Oct 21, 2023 8:33 AM
Nov 2021
this episode feels like an art piece
Oct 21, 2023 8:38 AM

May 2015
Damn, that a lot of period blood.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Oct 21, 2023 8:46 AM

Sep 2017
Man Choso is kinda of a fucking idiot, huh? Dudes entire technique is blood manip yet he doesn't know a core weakness in that it doesn't fucking work if he is sogged. Even if he didn't know, he wasn't smart enough to figure out why or even if he did, he didn't take his opportunity to leave the bathroom when there was a point when he back was to the exit and Yuuji wasn't in the way. Well even if the author made him dumb as fuck, he was still strong enough to beat Yuuji's ass. Not like Yuuji is winning any awards in that department either. Still some funky shit happened at the end and Choso got dealt some serious psychic damage, so Yuuji lives to see another day.
Oct 21, 2023 9:36 AM
Nomad

May 2014
Reply to ProofByColor
Man Choso is kinda of a fucking idiot, huh? Dudes entire technique is blood manip yet he doesn't know a core weakness in that it doesn't fucking work if he is sogged. Even if he didn't know, he wasn't smart enough to figure out why or even if he did, he didn't take his opportunity to leave the bathroom when there was a point when he back was to the exit and Yuuji wasn't in the way. Well even if the author made him dumb as fuck, he was still strong enough to beat Yuuji's ass. Not like Yuuji is winning any awards in that department either. Still some funky shit happened at the end and Choso got dealt some serious psychic damage, so Yuuji lives to see another day.
@ProofByColor the guy is barely a couple months old, and the episode states that he doesn't have much combat experience, so give the guy a break lmao. he is a fast learner, and despite that weakness, he still bodied Yuji.
art by @u_zuta on twitter

Oct 21, 2023 9:58 AM

Jun 2015
Reply to psykixk
@Nycro pointless insults because you cannot substantiate your claim. typical of someone who likes to mask their anger as some sort of pseudo-intellectual critique. in fact I think its you who is blind since that transition was a clear directorial choice from arai-sensei's part
@psykixk But you provided nothing of value? Dont make me the villain. I will engage with you if you do. Tell me how the example i mentioned isnt a cause of production failure?
Oct 21, 2023 10:33 AM
May 2023
best episode ever!!! very good fight and TOP tear animations
Oct 21, 2023 11:03 AM

Oct 2018
I have to thank this Jujutsu episode so much; I fell asleep in the middle of this episode and only woke up 12 hours later. It was the best night of sleep I've had in years. My friend told me that Sukuna woke up at the end of this episode, so I hope that from now on, the greatest arc of all time starts to get good, because up to this point, it has been a sadness rarely seen in the history of Japanese television drama.
If you're a fanboy, please don't waste my time.

Watch more movies, please.

Kafka, Fu Xuan, Jingliu, Topaz and Huohuo.
Oct 21, 2023 11:07 AM
Jun 2023
idek what the hell happened there at the end WOAHH
Oct 21, 2023 12:14 PM
Jul 2017
the fighting would have been cool if they didn't goo all artsie and made it gyrate all over and lose sense of what's going on

random memories made no sense
Oct 21, 2023 12:30 PM
Jul 2020
WOW! I can not begin to describe the style and feel of this episode. Everything it does from the first second to the end is amazing. WHat a perfect episode for one of my favorite fights.
Oct 21, 2023 12:36 PM
Nov 2021
Dudes, Sukuna hasn’t shown his face for the whole damn season so far so I forgot he was there lmao 🤣
It seams like whoever fights Yuji gets these delusions of brotherly love lmao first Todo and now Choso. I hope Choso and Yuji eventually get a brotherhood together because that would be hilarious.
“Whatcha got there Itadori?”
“My older brother”
“You mean the half curse half human (I think. Curse affiliation idk) murderer who’s on the other side of this war?”
“No, I mean my big brother”
Choso in the background crying tears of joy for his little brother calling him big brother🥺
Cue Megumi and Nobara looking at them like they’re crazy.
I wanna see a fight between Todo and Choso (verbal) on who’s brother he really is with Yuji in the background being like “Uhh neither technically”
Lmao now I wanna cosplay Choso😂

Anyways that’s my ted talk(text) thanks for listening (reading)
Oct 21, 2023 12:38 PM
Feb 2016
Reply to BurningSpirit
Having a narrator for the exposition of the fight was distracting and detracted from the fight a lot, they definitely could've info dumped in a better way. Other than that, it's a pretty usual Jujutsu Kaisen episode
@BurningSpirit Chimera Ant Arc inspired, but in a less tastefully done way. This arc is definitely giving me that sort of vibe so to speak, trying it's best to match up with the Peak Shounen Arc of all time, and borrowing from it as well.
Oct 21, 2023 12:49 PM
Jul 2023
Reply to Nycro
@psykixk But you provided nothing of value? Dont make me the villain. I will engage with you if you do. Tell me how the example i mentioned isnt a cause of production failure?
@Nycro i literally told you it's a directorial choice? lmfao. there's a myriad of other things you could've used an example but you chose something that didn't even substantiate your claim. just makes you look like u don't know what you're talking abt
Oct 21, 2023 12:52 PM
Jul 2023
Reply to Phosphophyllita
I have to thank this Jujutsu episode so much; I fell asleep in the middle of this episode and only woke up 12 hours later. It was the best night of sleep I've had in years. My friend told me that Sukuna woke up at the end of this episode, so I hope that from now on, the greatest arc of all time starts to get good, because up to this point, it has been a sadness rarely seen in the history of Japanese television drama.
@Phosphophyllita - hxh and Eva fan btw
Oct 21, 2023 1:06 PM

Nov 2019
Reply to ChainxBastard
@BurningSpirit Chimera Ant Arc inspired, but in a less tastefully done way. This arc is definitely giving me that sort of vibe so to speak, trying it's best to match up with the Peak Shounen Arc of all time, and borrowing from it as well.
@ChainxBastard "Less tastefully"? Chimera Ant arc was a god damn audiobook where 10 seconds happen in 10 minutes!
Imagine normies saying: "Peaky Blinders is mid and overhyped. Just another typical crime drama show. Breaking Bad is much better lol.".
Oct 21, 2023 1:47 PM
Jul 2023
TODO FUE INCREIBLE
la coreografia de la pelea
el soundtrack
la animacion
10/10
Oct 21, 2023 2:35 PM

Jun 2012
Can someone explain why Itadori didn't used his red energy? Since it was a close battle it would make a difference, would it not?
Oct 21, 2023 3:34 PM

Dec 2020
yo i still haven't even liked jujutsu in that way really yet, this episode was something incredible, like low key but kinda high key. if it gets even better from here, this is onto something 👀
Oct 21, 2023 4:47 PM

Apr 2020
one-of-a-kind episode...
words cannot describe.
Oct 21, 2023 5:31 PM
Feb 2023
it wasn't as entertaining as I hoped... Was kind of bored and disappointed.
Oct 21, 2023 5:32 PM
Jul 2014
So this is where the budget went for this season. Everything from the Raid homage onwards was perfection.

The director probably worked the animation team like they were in a sweatshop, all the little details, lighting/shading, minor movements just flowed so well.

Only weak part was the narrator being a jarring moment. But I like ep's like this where you can just tune out and take in the whole sensory experience.
Oct 21, 2023 6:25 PM

Nov 2012
I just became a Yuji fan! This episode is the first time I can recall when someone DID NOT allow their opponent to finish the special jutsu, spell, move w/e. When Yuji rushed forward and knocked dude over slapping that blood ball out of his hand I was so proud of him. That's what a fighter and/or anyone with street smarts would do. You don't stand their and let them finish you rush in and stop them or run the hell away. *clapping* No matter what happens.. RESPECT.
Oct 21, 2023 7:04 PM
Certified Simp

Feb 2017
Damn, this was awesome. Great ep start to finish.

I actually think it's cool how Yuji lost this fight, did not expect that. Although I'm super confused by the ending XD did Sukuna do something there? Hahah
Oct 21, 2023 8:20 PM

Apr 2013
Holy shit. The Sakuga in this fight is high level. I dont rmb the manga fight being this intense! and the music!!
Oct 21, 2023 9:01 PM
Oct 2019
ITADORI NOOOO! I really like Choso's character design and his ability. WE GOT SUM SUKUNA SCREEN TIME!!
Oct 21, 2023 10:43 PM
Apr 2020
very good battle masterpiece
Oct 21, 2023 11:02 PM

Aug 2011
How do I give this a rating higher than five? XD MAPPA I COULDN'T EVEN BLINK THIS ANIMATION WAS SO OP
Oct 22, 2023 12:41 AM

Nov 2019
Reply to Snaita
Can someone explain why Itadori didn't used his red energy? Since it was a close battle it would make a difference, would it not?
@Snaita It's because no one can use it at will: you need to be extremely concentrated to do that; to catch the flow of the fight.
Imagine normies saying: "Peaky Blinders is mid and overhyped. Just another typical crime drama show. Breaking Bad is much better lol.".
Oct 22, 2023 12:49 AM

Jan 2011
Choso forgot Yuji had his version of the Nine Tail Fox.
I haven't updated in years but now I have changed that. I'll be free soon.
Oct 22, 2023 1:27 AM

Jun 2008
Reply to manelist1
So Choso is Itadori's real brother or this is just like Todo's hallucination?
@manelist1

Choso is Itadori's half brother.
Todo isn't related to him.
Oct 22, 2023 5:17 AM
Mar 2022
great animation MAPPA
Oct 22, 2023 5:40 AM

Jul 2017
As Itadori rushes through Shibuya Station, all he sees is Choso awaiting him, ready to attack him for revenge on his brothers Eso and Kechizu. And safe to say that MAPPA pulled out all te stops here with high precision quality of the fight between Itadori and Choso, with Mechamaru coming in to aid Itadori on Choso's Kamo Clan's attacks, which has a slim chance of victory.

With Mechamaru's goading, Choso is led to Itadori's trap where because of the exposure to water, his Blood Manipulation Technique is called off, which broke his Convergence. But even with water, the hand-to-hand combat fight is tight, and Choso is able to strike where Itadori did not expect. This, however, does not stop Itadori for Choso to determine that he's the biggest threat, and try all Itadori might, but he could not defeat Choso as he is...if he wasn't mentally strained by Sukuna to trigger his past memories.

Easily to say that this was the most ambitious JJK episode ever, everything about it was MAPPA perfection.
Oct 22, 2023 6:50 AM
Oct 2021
ada indonesia coy
Oct 22, 2023 9:13 AM
Sep 2023
Itadori is so cool loved the fight
Oct 22, 2023 11:13 AM
Jul 2015
The narration is killing me. It's so unnecessary.

Also, I have no idea who Choso is. I don't remember him playing a large role in the 1st season and I only vaguely remember his brothers
Oct 22, 2023 11:20 AM

May 2015
Reply to Snaita
@Snaita I assume you mean Black Flash. Think of it like a critical hit in a video game. Sometimes you can hit and sometimes you can't.

Oct 22, 2023 11:24 AM

May 2015
Reply to JakkoFourEyes
The narration is killing me. It's so unnecessary.

Also, I have no idea who Choso is. I don't remember him playing a large role in the 1st season and I only vaguely remember his brothers
@JakkoFourEyes The narration can sometimes be distracting when you just wanna watch a spectacle but it's not unnecessary. It explains characters motivations/why they do certain actions without the characters having to exposit themselves unnaturally. A lot of anime get criticized for stuff like characters explaining their powers for no reason.

Oct 22, 2023 11:28 AM
Jan 2020
standart jujutsu kaisen basically
Oct 22, 2023 11:37 AM
Nov 2018
insane animation
Oct 22, 2023 11:56 AM
Mar 2022
¡¡¡very nice!!!
Oct 22, 2023 11:58 AM
Jul 2015
Reply to Emblemz
@JakkoFourEyes The narration can sometimes be distracting when you just wanna watch a spectacle but it's not unnecessary. It explains characters motivations/why they do certain actions without the characters having to exposit themselves unnaturally. A lot of anime get criticized for stuff like characters explaining their powers for no reason.
@Emblemz The previous season didn't need it. Why does it need it here?
A lot of what was explained here, could've been shown instead of dryly told, or incorporated more naturally, because it was all so long winded too. And at most points, it really was unnecessary. For example, when that hidden blood thingy shot Yuji's liver. We could see what happened, an explanation by an outside narrator was not necessary. Show, don't tell. In this episode (and the majority of the previous episodes), I don't think there was a moment where the narration was actually necessary.

Emblemz said:
A lot of anime get criticized for stuff like characters explaining their powers for no reason.

Yeah, but so is outside narration. Maybe even more so, especially in other media. Personally, I'd much rather have the character explain it while in the moment (in their head or otherwise) because at least it's part of the fight that way and more natural. Not some random, unrelated voice saying something with no emotion that interjects the fight with a blood biology lesson, justifying how their powers work. For example, Choso's technique not working well in all that water, could've been more naturally explained away by Mechamaru for example or by Choso thinking to himself.

Narration isn't always bad. The way Kaguya does it for example is great. It fits really well, but that's not the way here in my opinion.
Oct 22, 2023 12:39 PM

Nov 2009
pure KINO

Oct 22, 2023 2:10 PM
May 2020
was an amazingly orchestrated fight wow
Oct 22, 2023 2:11 PM

May 2013
loved the decision to dedicate the episode fully to the choso fight!! flows nicely
Pages (9) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» What if this anime was animated by ufotable!!! Just imagine the quality 🔥🗿 ( 1 2 )

_SHONENLOVER_ - May 13

61 by Zimmu »»
2 hours ago

» Too much expectations

Xmister - May 22

32 by Mayahuel »»
2 hours ago

» Did everyone check out the Blu Ray edition of Ep 41 (S2E17 Thunderclap Part 2)

NothinWrongHere - May 10

21 by Zimmu »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Softhenic03 - Sep 28, 2023

179 by Zitrone_ »»
Yesterday, 7:15 AM

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen 2nd Season Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Pre_Yum - Dec 28, 2023

552 by Gatlaz »»
Jun 6, 6:13 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.