Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Mar 24, 2008 5:04 PM

Jun 2007
holy mother of god
really awesome episode truly awesome
but chris is dead that makes me sad great preview by the way says everyone is down T_T
damn now im left with sumeragi nina and felt
ah right i forgot about Marina
Mar 24, 2008 5:11 PM

Nov 2007
overfunk said:
So, Sunrise just went Gainax on us?

Let's take bets on who survives for S2...

more like sunrise just went UC gundam on us, zeta gundam, victory gundam, hell even char's counterattack all have fairly high body counts.
Mar 24, 2008 5:13 PM
Jan 2008
Setsuna is gonna have a freaken "god" power all of the sudden and win this battle -_-
Mar 24, 2008 5:16 PM

Nov 2007
Alpha_522 said:
Setsuna is gonna have a freaken "god" power all of the sudden and win this battle -_-

this isn't SEED >.>
Mar 24, 2008 5:23 PM
Jan 2008
Lol I haven't seen seed so i wouldn't know :O

I heard there are few similarities with Gundam 00 and seed tho..
Mar 24, 2008 5:51 PM

Oct 2007
Them giving back story to a bunch of random characters made me just sense some crap was going to happen to them.

Mar 24, 2008 6:10 PM

Aug 2007
There are only a handful of words that are capable of describing this episode...

Epic and Win definitely comes to mind...and that's all I'm going to say before I sully this episode even further =P

I'm glad that they are going back to the old school Gundam format, aka killing every sub/main character with reckless abandon. Fans of UC are probably happy about this, the opposite can be said of newcomers who are only versed in CE.

I was actually thinking of some convenient plot device to save Chris and Lichty when that GN-X pulled a SEED moment/pose, but I was satisfied when they went boom at the end.

Now I'm just hoping Saji doesn't become a GN-X pilot after the inevitable timeskip...xD
As much as I like SEED (Not Destiny btw), I don't want another Shinn character...
Mar 24, 2008 6:16 PM
Jan 2008
So I'm guessing this gundam is almost related with seed o_O
Mar 24, 2008 6:23 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Alpha_522 said:

zenzen chigau.

Gundam Seed and Gundam 00 are two completely different style. Of course, Gundam 00 is closer to Gundam Seed than Gundam Z or Turn A Gundam, but that's where the similarities end....

Gundam Seed is still too "90s" and has less mature plotline. Gundam 00 is more realistic (although not as realistic as the 8th MS Team) and is the real first 21rst century Gundam series.

bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Mar 24, 2008 6:27 PM
Jan 2008
wakka9ca said:
Alpha_522 said:

zenzen chigau.

Gundam Seed and Gundam 00 are two completely different style. Of course, Gundam 00 is closer to Gundam Seed than Gundam Z or Turn A Gundam, but that's where the similarities end....

Gundam Seed is still too "90s" and has less mature plotline. Gundam 00 is more realistic (although not as realistic as the 8th MS Team) and is the real first 21rst century Gundam series.

Ah I see. Thanks man. :D

I kinda know that the style is different but just didn't know that gundam 00 is closer to seed..
Mar 24, 2008 7:36 PM

Nov 2007
Epic....just simply epic.....They all die one after another. I want to see Exia go beserk at least one more time. Only one more episode left in the first season >.< I must say that so far this is the best gundam series I've ever seen. Can't wait for season two!
Mar 24, 2008 8:36 PM
Jan 2008
Hellmonkey said:
Epic....just simply epic.....They all die one after another. I want to see Exia go beserk at least one more time. Only one more episode left in the first season >.< I must say that so far this is the best gundam series I've ever seen. Can't wait for season two!

I couldn't agree more! :O
Mar 24, 2008 9:24 PM

Mar 2008
EPIC

nice fights all around... all gundams out of commission??? NOOOO

did anyone else notice that Kyrios and Nadaleeh did not have their GN Drives equipped? i had to do a double take but i'm pretty sure i didn't see them equipped...

so next season meisters: Setsuna, Neena, Feldt, Alleluja, Tieria.... new gundams???

Good riddance to Patrick.

o Head count, 12 GN-X left and 9 were killed... 1 GN drive to each nation...
Mar 24, 2008 11:24 PM

Aug 2006
Kayro said:
The first half of this episode was meh, but damn, the 2nd half was so gooood!

I agree. They're all dropping like flies now (well most of the secondary characters anyway). Really exciting episode. I can't wait to see how they end the season.
Mar 25, 2008 12:15 AM

Sep 2007
I'm glad they're not holding back on killing off characters. Did we really need to know Litchey was a cyborg, though? w/e. Definitely wasn't expecting Corner to become such a central villian...kinda thought he would've been dead by now. I'm still in awe that Sarshes is staying dead. They're really not pulling any punches with any of these characters.
The battle was pretty ridiculous. The Gundams are starting to approach Wing/SEED levels of untouchableness. You know, if there wasn't an Ex Deus Machina beam shooting across space.
Setsuna'll make it to s2, both because he's the protaganist and because he's young (for the time jump, of course). We'll see if Allelujah and Tieria make it (I'm guessing Allelujah will bite it, but we'll see). I'm guessing that Sumeragi will also make it. I'm assuming Dynames is in the assault carrier they're all in (which is why Felt showed up there, right?). And, second to whoever said Saji hopefully won't turn into Shinn. I don't care how good this show is, if it gets Shinn-ed, I'm GTFO.
Mar 25, 2008 12:18 AM

Nov 2007
Time skip Setsuna would be all kinds of badass

Mar 25, 2008 2:49 AM

Sep 2007
Omg EPIC.
Btw do you guys notice something? Almost all the dead character share something in common, the usual "Happy-go-lucky-type"

Lockon, patrick, chris .... RIP

Gosh, the director is sick but overall, a very nice executed episode. Love the fighting

oh and no Ali, my guess : Return in Season 2 : become a Char. Its possible....
sHsIkuAMar 25, 2008 2:53 AM
Mar 25, 2008 7:34 AM

Nov 2007
Awesome Episode. Hope they will make a timeskip in the second season á lá Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann? A grown up setsuna would be so awesome. Cool setsuna picture Astaroth =o
Mar 25, 2008 8:20 AM
Aug 2007
Sukotsutsu said:
So my understanding is that Dynammes will no longer be able to operate at all since it was in the 'Tolemy container, and blew up or was it hiding somewhere else >.> <.< >.>

Based on one group's subs. Dynames is on the part that separated with the Ptolemy. Felt was told to check on Dynames, then she ended up with the technician and Sumeragi on one of the containers.
Mar 25, 2008 8:21 AM
Jan 2008
azure21 said:
Sukotsutsu said:
So my understanding is that Dynammes will no longer be able to operate at all since it was in the 'Tolemy container, and blew up or was it hiding somewhere else >.> <.< >.>

Based on one group's subs. Dynames is on the part that separated with the Ptolemy. Felt was told to check on Dynames, then she ended up with the technician and Sumeragi on one of the containers.

Another way to put is that they wanted her to stay alive with the rest of the group
Mar 25, 2008 12:43 PM

Jan 2008
I'm practically drooling right here xD
~de Arimasu
Mar 25, 2008 12:59 PM

Oct 2007
kurotsuki said:
....Noooooooooooes ;_;
Chrissie >_<
Naddleh down
Kyrios down
Dynames down from last week.
Patrick is finally dead , good riddance.

Next episode name is Setsuna!!! I have high hopes, P.S. there is a season two so they probably will not kill of anyone else!!!
Mar 25, 2008 3:20 PM

Nov 2007
someone on animesuki posted official spoilers that say Patrick is still alive.

taken from http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?p=1483946#post1483946

and theres also a picture showing patrick's cockpit still intact.
Mar 25, 2008 4:00 PM

May 2007
lol ic ic i woulda been happier if lockon was still alive XP

this ep was so sad.....everyone's like dying.....i cant take much more of this >.< lol
Mar 25, 2008 4:42 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Astaroth said:
someone on animesuki posted official spoilers that say Patrick is still alive.

taken from http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?p=1483946#post1483946

and theres also a picture showing patrick's cockpit still intact.

Whoa that was explicitly written Japanese...Very clear and EXPLICIT to avoid confusion.

Most of it is interview with the voice actors of Allelujah and Haro....

I love this part:
・私は人革連が好きです。
※上は「ハロとソーマのどっちがいいか?」という質問を受けて
※この後吉野さんが「来週皆に報告しなきゃ! ハロのくせに」(笑)
LOL

Some questions though:

wakka9caMar 25, 2008 4:55 PM
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Mar 25, 2008 4:53 PM

Nov 2007
wakka9ca said:

Whoa that was explicitly written Japanese...Very clear and EXPLICIT to avoid confusion.
Some questions though:

I can't read japanese, but I saw some people calling Lockon's twin brother 'Rail.' The fansubs translated his name as 'Lyle' or 'Ryle' though.
Mar 25, 2008 4:58 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Astaroth said:
wakka9ca said:

Some questions though:

I can't read japanese, but I saw some people calling Lockon's twin brother 'Rail.' The fansubs translated his name as 'Lyle' or 'Ryle' though.

Was that mentioned in the anime?
bla bla bla
Niko-kun said:
Mar 25, 2008 5:03 PM

Nov 2007
wakka9ca said:

Was that mentioned in the anime?

Yea, as Lockon's floating through space in ep.23 he mentions a name like 'Lyle'
Mar 25, 2008 8:33 PM
Lead Admin
Faerie Queen

Aug 2007
*speechless*

...I think everything's been said above me ^^ It's going to be a painful wait to S2, but at least we'll have CG2 to fill in the gap ^^
Mar 26, 2008 12:59 AM

Dec 2007
NabeShogun said:

The battle was pretty ridiculous. The Gundams are starting to approach Wing/SEED levels of untouchableness. You know, if there wasn't an Ex Deus Machina beam shooting across space.

Laser or no laser...no they aren't. Its been a while since I've seen Wing, but I remember it well enough to know that 30 mobile suits would've died from one shot of Heero's buster cannon. :P Having recently watched Zeta (last series before I watched 00), these suits are really far, far closer to UC Gundams in that sufficient numbers can take them down.

Anyway. This episode is excellent. I was thinking...really the only way to top this is if nobody survived next episode and S2 used completely different characters...but somehow I doubt its going to go that way. More likely is that thing someone said earlier about a few members of the cast surviving and it all taking place five years later. I'm not sure I'd like that though. I mean, without a much better plan it just seems like that would be a repeat of Season 1.

Oh well. Guess we'll find out in...*grumbles*...October.
Jumping in Headfirst - I hear reading it causes immortality. Warning. Reading may not actually cause immortality.
Mar 26, 2008 12:10 PM

Sep 2007
sHsIkuA said:

Btw do you guys notice something? Almost all the dead character share something in common, the usual "Happy-go-lucky-type"

Here's my new theory - anyone who isn't crazy has terrible things happen to them. Lockon: dead. Chris: Dead. Litchy: Dead. Louise: Dead family, missing hand. Saji: Dead family. Kiune: Dead. Harvey: Dead. Patrick: Dead. Professor Eifman: Dead. Johann: Dead. About the only exception to the rule might be Micheal. Sarshes doesn't count because he just liked to fight, and wasn't truly crazy. Maybe. According to this theory, the rest of Ptolemy's crew should die next episode, unless they decide to display overly crazy behavior. Felt might just get maimed, since she had the crazy Lockon tangent.
Mar 26, 2008 5:47 PM

Feb 2008
Can't wait for Episode 25... Truly epic...
Hoping for new friends in MAL since I don't have any friends after I join here :sob:
Mar 26, 2008 11:17 PM

May 2007
"sHsIkuA" said:

Happy-go-lucky, according to dictionary.com, means "trusting cheerfully to luck; happily unworried or unconcerned." Most characters weren't like that...

btw, the status on Gundam00 says its finished airing, but episode 25 airs this Saturday.
Mar 27, 2008 1:47 AM
Dec 2007
Good episode, and the two deaths in this episode were very nicely done. Interesting cliffhanger too.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Mar 27, 2008 3:48 AM
Feb 2008
Felt is going to become a singer.
Mar 27, 2008 4:03 AM

Jun 2007
Requal said:

No.
Mar 27, 2008 4:59 AM
Feb 2008
-Ryuji- said:
Requal said:

No.

Don't fight against Gundam tradition, mon.
Mar 27, 2008 5:08 AM

Jun 2007
That's macross yo
Mar 27, 2008 7:42 AM
Jan 2008
Requal said:

Lol random?
Mar 27, 2008 3:40 PM

May 2007
can't wait till next ep ... damn lol u guys xD
“If you win, you live. If you lose, you die. If you don’t fight, you can’t win.”
Mar 28, 2008 8:37 AM
Dec 2007
I'm a little late but it was an amazing episode...

I gave it a 5 out of 5, but i cant really say that I "loved it" it was just a great episode
Mar 28, 2008 1:38 PM

Mar 2008
Requal said:

I vote fore Nena...
Mar 28, 2008 6:18 PM
Nov 2007
What happened to Nena? Is she going to join CB? I think Saji will, so that will make the crew 5 if Tieria, Setsuna and Alleluja don't die. Setsuna will definitely live, since we still need to see what happens between him and Marina. I'd say that Alleluja would die between him and Tieria. Tieria still has to complete his vengeance, but Allalujeh will probably kill that super solder, whatever her name is, then come to peace with Hallalujeh and he'll die in a mutual KO.

I don't know what will happen to Graham. I'm pretty sure Setsuna will kill Allejandro. Maybe there will be a Setsuna vs. Graham cliffhanger.

And like everyone's been saying, I like how they're killing off supporting characters. It makes the show all the much more "personal" and "natural".
fawertesfsMar 28, 2008 6:22 PM
Mar 28, 2008 8:00 PM
Feb 2008
Lelangir said:
What happened to Nena? Is she going to join CB? I think Saji will, so that will make the crew 5 if Tieria, Setsuna and Alleluja don't die. Setsuna will definitely live, since we still need to see what happens between him and Marina. I'd say that Alleluja would die between him and Tieria. Tieria still has to complete his vengeance, but Allalujeh will probably kill that super solder, whatever her name is, then come to peace with Hallalujeh and he'll die in a mutual KO.

I don't know what will happen to Graham. I'm pretty sure Setsuna will kill Allejandro. Maybe there will be a Setsuna vs. Graham cliffhanger.

And like everyone's been saying, I like how they're killing off supporting characters. It makes the show all the much more "personal" and "natural".

Why would Saji join CB? Maybe you missed all the parts where he hates CB for what they did to Louise.
Mar 28, 2008 8:38 PM
Jan 2008
dunno, sometime later his opinion might change when/if he tells Setsuna what had happened to Louise. since they live next to each other in japan

~in season 2

maybe, maybe not. we'll see
Mar 28, 2008 8:45 PM

Mar 2008
Nah, I can see Saji pulling a Shinn.
Mar 28, 2008 11:37 PM

Sep 2007
Don't EVER say that. *shivers* lol
Mar 31, 2008 1:14 AM

Dec 2007
Lelangir said:

You're aware there's a second season right? Just wondering. Anyhow. I'm not sure I like all this death when there's a second season coming in just a couple months. To me that means S2 will introduce a lot of new characters...who would be unnecessary if they hadn't offed all the ones in this season for drama value. :P

I get the feeling 25 will end with all the Gundam pilots either thrown into jail or escaping while their Gundams are stolen and S2 will (at the start) either involve them trying to get out or them trying to get their Gundams back. Hope I'm wrong 'cause I'm not that interested in either of those scenarios.
Jumping in Headfirst - I hear reading it causes immortality. Warning. Reading may not actually cause immortality.
Apr 4, 2008 5:47 PM

Jul 2007
Wow another epic episode, I really can't to see how it ends now.
on to episode 25~
Apr 13, 2008 1:42 PM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Sad episode, but at the same time it was awesome. I'm really enjoying this. Off to the final episode~

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam 00 Episode 3 Discussion

DeathfireD - Oct 22, 2007

46 by DeepBlue42 »»
Jun 9, 5:00 PM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam 00 Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Requal - Mar 28, 2008

187 by LotteGiants »»
Feb 27, 4:30 AM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam 00 Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KrylonBlue - Mar 7, 2008

108 by LotteGiants »»
Feb 27, 2:15 AM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam 00 Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KrylonBlue - Feb 23, 2008

73 by LotteGiants »»
Feb 26, 11:22 PM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam 00 Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 )

kurotsuki - Feb 16, 2008

82 by LotteGiants »»
Feb 26, 11:13 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.