Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
A Couple of Cuckoos
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Oct 2, 2022 5:08 AM

May 2021
very fun series, hopefully we'll get a second season, I really wonder who that girl in the album was and whats up with erika/nagi's brother.

Oct 2, 2022 5:35 AM
Jun 2017
nice final episode
Oct 2, 2022 6:10 AM

Aug 2020
MugenNoShirayuki said:
Khunime said:
it was pretty okay, anyone knows what chapter in manga this last episode is?

Start the manga from Chapter 57

thanks man, the next chapters get me excited

» [The World's Continuation【世界のつづき】- UTA/Ado ♪] «
0:00 〇────── 4:55
↺ |◁ II ▷| ♡

Come and Join us!
Evil Club ψ
FuwaFuwa Sanctuary ✿
✿ DeaD Blossoms ✿
Oct 2, 2022 6:14 AM

Feb 2021
Ugh!! i can't stand being engagaed with you

Can't believe this anime ended
For some reason this anime was important for me in lots of aspects
NIce ending for the show and plot
I hope it gets a new season
Till then someone help me with where to start the manga from after the anime :(

arnav_joshiOct 2, 2022 6:18 AM
Oct 2, 2022 6:44 AM
Mar 2021
It started off interesting but went downhill in the second half..
Oct 2, 2022 6:50 AM

Jan 2021
im the only one who prefered episode 23 to episode 24? meh ending
Oct 2, 2022 7:12 AM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
I know most folks would have wanted more of a proper ending but I am in favor of a lighthearted final episode, this was nice. Papa Yohei has an interesting way of celebrating his birthday lol, I like that Erika was into it, and I’m pretty surprised Umino parents openly said that Nagi and Erika didn’t have to get married, but I guess they really did get what they wanted, being Nagi and Erika being part of their family, and that’s what we saw here. Also I saw that sus picture with a 4th girl, I’m guessing she comes in after this point in the manga.

And Erika getting sick allowed for some hilarity with Segawa and Sachi, but also a touching moment with Nagi. And ending off with Sachi and Hotel King having another discussion paired with one last bit of Nagi and Erika shenanigans was a decent way to end it, not too much of a cliffhanger but not satisfying either, but a good final episode anyway.

I mentioned this in my episode 23 post but I’ll say it again here, I know folks had beef with there not being much progress and development in this 2nd half of the show but I’ve still really enjoyed this one, as someone that loves classic Romcom and harem goodness it really hit the spot for me, I had a really good time with it. While at this point Erika is the best match for Nagi, I’m still team Segawa 100%, she may have made some sketchy plays here and there but imo that just makes her better, my best girl for sure lol. And I also know the 2nd OP and ED got a bit of hate, I think they’re on par with how good the first two were, I really loved all of them, great songs and great visuals all around. And with that I’ll patiently await a Season 2 announcement and possibly might read ahead since I really enjoyed this one (also those manga covers look awesome lol), it’s always sad saying goodbye to a consecutive 2-cour show but good things always come to an end.
Oct 2, 2022 7:52 AM

Nov 2019
The show was a waste of time, it needn't to be 24 eps, barely any progress, it only picks up when Hiro started to make some moves in the last few episodes

The MC is annoying as usual

This is the only harem where I have no best girl, all 3 are mid

Both sets of parents are so cold like wtf, they don't care about losing their children for the past 16 years, the same can be said for Nagi and Erika, so unrealistic

4/10
Oct 2, 2022 8:41 AM

May 2015
Was a pretty decent romance but not particularly striking.
Oct 2, 2022 8:52 AM
Oct 2019
God damn it, who was that little girl in the album?
Let me guess, it was the Childhood Friend love interest lol

Wow 24 episodes ended just like that?
It really is an anticlimactic ending.
Still no answer about brother sub plot and what is Daddy Amano master plan?
Literally nothing.

Kinda regretting watching this for 24 weeks, I really thought they gonna end the story in 1 season.
First half was interesting enough, but second half it fell off and become boring without very slow progression.
I feel like the author are struggling what to do with the characters.

5/10 average for sure or Anime fans nowdays called it MID.

If i want to compared it to another Harem romcom, for example "Quintessential Quintuplets" have way more interesting plot, better characters than this and they can do it the in span of 24 episodes as well.
davidyodo24Oct 2, 2022 8:59 AM
Oct 2, 2022 8:54 AM
May 2018
ye I hope it ends here. the story just dips from here
Oct 2, 2022 8:55 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
The usual fine ending with them having study time and a family party, too bad Erika was sick but they have a lot of memories now with all of what happened, well we'll see if this show gets a 2nd season but I need Ai in the anime next xDD Guilty pleasure anime to watch while reading the manga, but sure was silly overall lol
Oct 2, 2022 9:00 AM
Aug 2022
This series was messy from the start and the ending just wasn't it.
Oct 2, 2022 9:04 AM

Nov 2016
I expect nothing since end of the first cour and indeed I got nothing in the end. AMediocre show, it's even mediocre in its own genre. I love the first OP though.
PesterDrivelOct 2, 2022 9:27 AM
Oct 2, 2022 9:19 AM

Oct 2020
It's finally over and I never have to see Segawa-san's annoying face again, yay!
Oct 2, 2022 9:51 AM
Aug 2013
pfff, what a trainwreck of a show this was...

5/10

glad i dont have to watch more of this...
Oct 2, 2022 10:27 AM
Oct 2018
Started out interesting and I watched every ep pretty much the day of release. However a disappointing, inconclusive ending which I hate in harem rom-coms. I was waiting for some big reveals, and we did get some new info from Nagi’s parents but overall the ending was flat.

I’m on the Erika ship (the obvious winner) but I wouldn’t mind if Sachi took the prize either. But Hiro is a big NO for me.

I guess they are waiting for S2 to reveal the big stuff. But will this show even get a S2? I am giving it 6/10. If the ending was better I would have given 7, maybe even 8.
Oct 2, 2022 10:54 AM
Nov 2017
Alright Anime. Was kinda expecting a kiss with Nagi and Erika, but the show overall was decent.
7/10
Oct 2, 2022 10:58 AM
Jul 2022
I liked this episode
Oct 2, 2022 12:03 PM
Feb 2022
Best episode so far.
Oct 2, 2022 12:45 PM

Sep 2011
I still want to meet whatever executive decided this would be 24 episodes and ask him why this show over all the other generic romcom mangas?

5/10
Oct 2, 2022 2:15 PM

May 2019
Just as I feared the ending was weak. I did enjoy watching this overall but as the season finale approached I figured that the ending would be left open. If they come out and announce a season 2 then that would justify this ending we got. Until then there were so many plot holes left open and unexplained, such as an alleged other brother, now possibly another girl involved from a photo, why did Sachi's biological parents now decide that Nagi doesn't have to marry Erika, etc. I did like the art-style of the characters and some of the cliffhanger endings were interesting but I also have criticisms I already mentioned so I give this a 7/10.
Oct 2, 2022 2:26 PM
Sep 2022
nem sei se pode chamar isso de final.
Oct 2, 2022 3:49 PM

Jan 2019
Ugh, the second half of this show really just felt like filler, don't know why they bothered with a second cour. The secret brother twist went nowhere and we're just left with an inconclusive, non-commital ending.

I probably would've given the first half an 8, but the second half has dragged it down to a 6/10.

Oct 2, 2022 5:28 PM
Jul 2018
I disleaked this Anime no progession of the relationship Fr very disgusting
Oct 2, 2022 5:45 PM

Jun 2016
Segawa absolutely RUINED this show for me, but luckily this finale seems to ignore all of the backtracking the last however many eps did and brings the focus back to Erika so she can carry it once again. Very confused about the whole brother subplot that remained unresolved, just seemed like it existed solely to drive Nagi and Erika away from each other in order to, for whatever reason, put the focus on the manipulative sociopath Segawa. I'm basically just looking past all that happened with Segawa because god damn when it's Nagi and Erika together this is peak romcom so it's a 9/10 from me!

Oct 2, 2022 8:58 PM
Aug 2018
So dumb how they thought about the shotgun wedding thing until now, lol.
And why are Sachi and him so dickish to his dad?
And another sick episode? hmmm...

I'm just glad this is over, lol.
Oct 2, 2022 9:06 PM

Jan 2020
For this being 24 episodes, I can’t believe we ended up where we started. This series started going downhill at some point but I thought it at least might’ve ended well. I’m rather disappointed in this and feel that I wasted time on this. 6.5/10 and that’s being generous.
AnimillionOct 2, 2022 9:11 PM
Oct 3, 2022 1:34 AM

Feb 2021
Nagi and Sachi looked so awkward at the party lol. The end decision for Nagi was that his engagement with Erika was correct and his final decision for who he ended up with.

The series for me wasn't very entertaining as the characters just seemed sort of bland to me and there was nothing that made this show special. The brother issue also seemed really unnecessary. The conclusion itself was a decent wrap up but nothing that satisfied me. In the end its a below average to average for me.
Oct 3, 2022 2:19 AM

Oct 2008
friggin' farg basically nothing happened.
1/5.
5/10.

Oct 3, 2022 2:52 AM

May 2016
Hah, should have expected this ending. Can't believe they managed to go through 24 episodes with close to zero progression in relationship between the main characters. I was hoping for some progress towards the end like in Nisekoi but this was quite disappointing.

This ending made me curious about the manga though. Is it going to get better in the manga? I don't mind spoilers so I'd like to hear the opinions of the manga readers. I will read the manga if and only if there is good relationship development between Erika and the MC with him choosing Erika in the end. I've had it with authors fucking up endings for the shock value like in the case of HataMaou, Gotouben, Bokuben and so on. I can only hope that this one ends up like Nisekoi with the best girl winning.

Oct 3, 2022 5:30 AM
Feb 2021
AngelofFrost said:
Hah, should have expected this ending. Can't believe they managed to go through 24 episodes with close to zero progression in relationship between the main characters. I was hoping for some progress towards the end like in Nisekoi but this was quite disappointing.

This ending made me curious about the manga though. Is it going to get better in the manga? I don't mind spoilers so I'd like to hear the opinions of the manga readers. I will read the manga if and only if there is good relationship development between Erika and the MC with him choosing Erika in the end. I've had it with authors fucking up endings for the shock value like in the case of HataMaou, Gotouben, Bokuben and so on. I can only hope that this one ends up like Nisekoi with the best girl winning.

It is not going better in the manga.
Oct 3, 2022 7:07 AM

Jan 2014
Was hoping for it to turn good, but at the end of the day it turned out to be just another default boring mediocre comedy harem romance.
Only completed because i wanted to see how it ended and 'fast forward' mode is a thing. 6/10
Oct 3, 2022 11:47 AM

May 2018
quite a bad way to end honestly. Maybe if the characters were more likeable I would care about them more. Also how tf did the relationships not progress in 24 whole episodes?!

4/10
Oct 3, 2022 12:46 PM

Feb 2011
Cute characters but no real progress in 24 episodes. I regret picking it up.

Sachi cute tho

Oct 3, 2022 11:23 PM

Jan 2011
went in knowing this ride would have a nothing burger of an ending with not that much progress nor did i care about picking a girl over that lol not that kind of stuff,they weren't all that great Erika went from a super unlikeable diva to shes fine to watch sachi still a brute nor do i push the non blood related incest route ever Segawa was also okay

lots of random twist that never really amount to anything just to keep the carrot on the stick going bet this thing has an million chapters and its no where close to being done

did have some fun times

6.5/10
Oct 4, 2022 1:17 AM

Aug 2017
It was an all right show. Harem ending would be best, as always.
Oct 4, 2022 3:44 PM

Jan 2016
I still can't believe this series got 24 episodes for pretty much nothing... Absolutely unjustified.
THANKS SENPIEX
Oct 4, 2022 3:54 PM
Feb 2022
Hopefully we get a S2, seems like the second part didn't hit as hard as the first.
Oct 4, 2022 6:03 PM

Mar 2019
how do you know that this anime has been written by a feminist Karen !
1- loser and pathetic ML
2 - no character development to ML at all
3 - ML always on his knees when he talk to girls
4 - ML act like a child 24/7
5 - girls are calm collected and have mature aura

this was pathetic attempt at feminism hard and don't get me wrong the shows had good moments but every time i want to start liking this show i get blocked again by some feminist BS all of a sudden
don't get the wrong idea here this show isn't Harem it's really just have that fake theme around it to sell readers and viewers

like i said before it had some good moments (probably why i kept watching till the end) but too bad most of it influenced by the bad side of society

also this was 24 episodes of nothing not even a proper conclusion i felt like this was an ad to the manga and nothing else

i'll go with 5/10 and that is really me being very generous and sympathetic VERY
LeonardoXDOct 4, 2022 6:07 PM
Oct 4, 2022 6:41 PM
Apr 2020
Well there were ups & downs. But it was still e pretty enjoyable show. I had fun watching it. A little more progress would've been better but this isn't just a short series of 24 eps... I hope we get season 2...
Oct 5, 2022 4:47 AM

Feb 2020
Great adaptation of the manga, wow! I'm completely satisfied. 24-episode anime are the best. There's just no rush nor cutting off details.

Can't wait for next season!
Oct 5, 2022 11:55 AM
Jan 2021
It is the nature of adaptations that major plot points will not be resolved in the Anime. However in 24 episodes something should happen! The "here we go again" ending was a major disappointment!
William Hughes

Complex systems exhibit unexpected behaviour
Oct 7, 2022 8:29 AM

Dec 2012
I stopped watching at ep 22 because I couldn't be assed anymore, did Nagi actually choose anyone? Spoil me
"Only one with the courage
to shoulder the burden
of their own fate can
be called a hero.."

Oct 7, 2022 10:16 AM

May 2021
Freaking annoying mystery box writing. Write some actual events, wouldn't ya?

AcceleratorAngel said:
Censored shitty anime.

Well streaming numbers and sales of the anime have been atrocious not to mention anime figurines haven't sold a dime.

That's what they get for censoring the anime, putting out censored blu ray disks, and only making the merchandise lewd while the actual show is censored.

They have only themselves to blame for the failure.

Final score 3/10

They don't even look all that beautiful. Art style's pretty ugly in my opinion.

Oct 7, 2022 6:44 PM
Feb 2021
Pietru said:
I stopped watching at ep 22 because I couldn't be assed anymore, did Nagi actually choose anyone? Spoil me

No. He did not choose anyone.
Oct 8, 2022 8:24 PM
Oct 2022
gostei muito conseguiu me prender e quero continuar acompanhando essa historia
Oct 9, 2022 12:59 AM
Nov 2021
would like to watch second!!
Oct 9, 2022 2:16 AM

Sep 2018
Just one of the most garbage romcoms I've ever seen. Ugly art, (Nagi's crush even looked like a frog, bruh), unbelievably cliche tropiness, uninspiring, worst MC ever (discussed before), shitty soundtrack (all I can remember is that one three note piano piece lol) and nothing was funny in this supposed comedy. 4/10, only because there were some elements that kept me curious throughout, so it wasn't entirely boring, which is the biggest thing an anime can do wrong in my books.
Oct 9, 2022 3:22 PM

Sep 2020
Decent ending, though I want to know more of why Nagi's actual father doing all this, like what are his motives, I may check out the manga in the future.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kakkou no Iinazuke Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 20, 2022

77 by LaZy_as_Neko »»
Yesterday, 1:27 PM

Poll: » Kakkou no Iinazuke Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 23, 2022

72 by HeroforFun23 »»
Sep 5, 6:05 AM

» Season 2 officially announced

Dbagas8 - Jul 26

22 by Amagiriayato95 »»
Jul 26, 9:15 PM

» Season 2 in development (Leak)

Kast2 - Jul 26

13 by Kast2 »»
Jul 26, 10:42 AM

» Was anyone else hoping, for more?

SofiaBulga - Nov 15, 2022

9 by liveleaked »»
Jun 6, 3:36 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.