Forum Settings
Forums
New
Dec 21, 2009 6:19 PM

Jan 2008
Kick-Ass is a movie about regular people trying to be super-heroes. It comes out 2010. It features a 12 year old doing questionable things.

As seen here. [NSFW]

Holy shit is all I can say to that. (OO)
BeatnikMar 28, 2010 4:30 AM
"I'm starting to think mal is run by Xinil generating electricity on a bicycle." - idklol
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Dec 21, 2009 6:41 PM

Jul 2009
hahahaha I will be seeing that.

Powered by hinatachan - TaigaForum
Dec 21, 2009 6:45 PM

Feb 2008
Beatnik said:
It features a 12 year old doing questionable things.

You have me sold.
Dec 21, 2009 6:46 PM

Oct 2007
Sounds sexy.
Dec 21, 2009 7:04 PM

Sep 2007
Sounds pretty lolzcopter.
Dec 21, 2009 7:04 PM

Apr 2009
I've been reading the comic and it's pretty good. One day, a comic book fan decides to put on a costume calling himself kick-ass and he gets the shit kicked out of him. He decides in the hospital to quiet being a hero ... but at the end of his recovery he decides to keep being a hero.

Along the way, he meets Hit-girl and Big Daddy. Hit Girl is the 10 year old girl featured here

Her main weapon of choice is swords and knifes and her father's weapon of choice is a sniper rifle. For the comic anyway. It seems for the movie she'll be packing heat.

I wonder how close to the comic it will be? Considering they haven't even finished it yet.
The universe seems neither benign nor hostile, merely indifferent.

--- Carl Sagan
Dec 22, 2009 12:00 AM

Jun 2009
JH said:
I've been reading the comic and it's pretty good. One day, a comic book fan decides to put on a costume calling himself kick-ass and he gets the shit kicked out of him. He decides in the hospital to quiet being a hero ... but at the end of his recovery he decides to keep being a hero.

Along the way, he meets Hit-girl and Big Daddy. Hit Girl is the 10 year old girl featured here

Her main weapon of choice is swords and knifes and her father's weapon of choice is a sniper rifle. For the comic anyway. It seems for the movie she'll be packing heat.

I wonder how close to the comic it will be? Considering they haven't even finished it yet.

And now, I have something new to read. Thank you sir. Haven't read a comic besides Deadpool in years.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the General Forum Guidelines!
Dec 22, 2009 12:02 AM

Jul 2007
I've said it elsewhere, but between this and Let Me In, Chloe Moretz is going to establish quite a name for herself next year.
My first novel, Kardia has been published! Click here to read!
Dec 22, 2009 12:21 AM

Apr 2009
ParisainGoldfish said:
And now, I have something new to read. Thank you sir. Haven't read a comic besides Deadpool in years.

they might be making a Deadpool movie too :)

--- Carl Sagan
Dec 22, 2009 12:25 AM

Jul 2007
JH said:
ParisainGoldfish said:

There's a reason a lot of people aren't giving that news, you know.
Dec 22, 2009 12:25 AM

Jun 2009
JH said:
ParisainGoldfish said:

I heard this, but my excitement died when I was told Ryan Reynolds would be playing him. I'm not a big fan of the guy, but hopefully it was just a rumor and they will cast a better actor.
I'm also wary because Marvel has been pretty hit or miss with the adaptations. Iron Man is an example of doing it extremely right, whereas the most recent Spider Man would be a perfect example of doing nearly every single thing possible wrong.
SO hopefully it's more like Iron Man!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the General Forum Guidelines!
Dec 22, 2009 12:55 AM

Aug 2007
JH said:
ParisainGoldfish said:

Oh God. They will fucking ruin him.
Dec 22, 2009 1:03 AM

Aug 2008
It looks so hilariously bad.

I smell another snakes on a plane.
Dec 22, 2009 1:20 AM
Apr 2008
Wow, I don't know what to say. They are coming up with the stupidest ideas for movies in the past decade. >_>
At least it'll be good for a laugh, hopefully.
Dec 22, 2009 6:58 AM

Jul 2007
HappyPear said:
Wow, I don't know what to say. They are coming up with the stupidest ideas for movies in the past decade. >_>
At least it'll be good for a laugh, hopefully.

There are many, many stupid ideas out there. But having kids become superheroes with guns and knives? That's not one of them.
Dec 22, 2009 7:04 AM

Jan 2008
How do you guys feel about having a 12 year old swear like a filthy sailor and commit ridiculous violence?

I'm gonna be 30 next year, and right now I'm both laughing at how over the top the movie is and I'm also creeped out that they actually got a kid to do all this. Now obviously it's a movie, it's not real, but at the same time, she really is saying 'cunt' and pretending to eviscerate adults around her. I dont think the movie is a serious exploration of violence and youth, it's playing it for laughs which makes it seem like cheap fetishistic exploitation aimed at sad geeks.

And at the same time, how many films have we seen with young boys swear and commit violence? Plenty I'd say. Maybe a double-standard going on here.

I do like that we have a young girl who is strong for once, and will never be the victim. There arent enough young girls like that in the world.

I dunno, it's a weird feeling. It's never been done before so the novelty is funny, but she's frickin 12 years old.
"I'm starting to think mal is run by Xinil generating electricity on a bicycle." - idklol
Dec 22, 2009 7:08 AM

Jul 2007
Beatnik said:
How do you guys feel about having a 12 year old swear like a filthy sailor and commit ridiculous violence?

I'm gonna be 30 next year, and right now I'm both laughing at how over the top the movie is and I'm also creeped out that they actually got a kid to do all this. Now obviously it's a movie, it's not real, but at the same time, she really is saying 'cunt' and pretending to eviscerate adults around her. I dont think the movie is a serious exploration of violence and youth, it's playing it for laughs which makes it seem like cheap fetishistic exploitation aimed at sad geeks.

And at the same time, how many films have we seen with young boys swear and commit violence? Plenty I'd say. Maybe a double-standard going on here.

I dunno, it's a weird feeling. It's never been done before so the novelty is funny, but she's frickin 12 years old.

Pretending to eviscerate adults around her? No, that's exactly what she is doing. You pretty much nailed why some will find it enjoyable. The 17-30 year old male is probably their target audience with this. It doesn't have mainstream appeal and will probably be a cult hit at best. That said, I'm there opening night.
Dec 22, 2009 7:11 AM

Jan 2008
Splitter said:
Pretending to eviscerate adults around her? No, that's exactly what she is doing

No I meant that she's not LITERALLY killing people, she's pretending, i.e - acting. But even if it's not real, the context is still disturbing.

I'm gonna watch it anyway, lol. The ex-media student in me always watches things that are hyped up or controversial.
Dec 22, 2009 7:20 AM

Jul 2007
Beatnik said:
Splitter said:
Pretending to eviscerate adults around her? No, that's exactly what she is doing

No I meant that she's not LITERALLY killing people, she's pretending, i.e - acting. But even if it's not real, the context is still disturbing.

I'm gonna watch it anyway, lol. The ex-media student in me always watches things that are hyped up or controversial.

I don't find it all that disturbing, mostly because the way the trailer is shot its apparent its a tounge-in-cheek satire kind of like the other movie based on a Millar comic book, Wanted. I know in Hollywood most childrens' roles aren't anything above precocious, which is why I think it's really cool that someone is actually making a movie where a kid eviscerates her enemies. It's not like this movie's targeted at kids anyway. I know if I was a parent, after seeing that, my child wouldn't see that movie until they were at least 16.

Really though, I am most excited for Chloe Moretz in all of this. I know tis is probably creepy considering she's a 13-year-old actress but after her supporting role in (500) Days of Summer last year, hearing that she's playing a schoolgirl assassin in this, and taking on Lina Leanderson's role in the "Let the Right One In" remake, I'm excited to see a young actress who wants to do challenging roles rather than stick with the demographic of her age group.
Dec 22, 2009 7:21 AM
Oct 2009
Choosy_Green said:
hahahaha I will be seeing that.
Dec 22, 2009 7:53 AM

Oct 2008
my loli-sense is tingling. nick cage shooting a little girl is classic. finally a nick cage movie worth watching.
Dec 22, 2009 9:45 AM

Apr 2009
heh, the dialogs seems hilarious)
Dec 22, 2009 11:41 AM

Aug 2007
Splitter said:
Beatnik said:
Splitter said:

I don't find it all that disturbing, mostly because the way the trailer is shot its apparent its a tounge-in-cheek satire kind of like the other movie based on a Millar comic book, Wanted. I know in Hollywood most childrens' roles aren't anything above precocious, which is why I think it's really cool that someone is actually making a movie where a kid eviscerates her enemies. It's not like this movie's targeted at kids anyway. I know if I was a parent, after seeing that, my child wouldn't see that movie until they were at least 16.

Really though, I am most excited for Chloe Moretz in all of this. I know tis is probably creepy considering she's a 13-year-old actress but after her supporting role in (500) Days of Summer last year, hearing that she's playing a schoolgirl assassin in this, and taking on Lina Leanderson's role in the "Let the Right One In" remake, I'm excited to see a young actress who wants to do challenging roles rather than stick with the demographic of her age group.

16? That seems pretty high.
Dec 22, 2009 12:56 PM

Jan 2008
Let's get some perspective here, the worst thing brought up in this thread is the reminder of the horrible completely unnecessary remake of Let The Right One In!
Dec 22, 2009 2:17 PM

Dec 2009
This looks so bad, it's good. Might be worth a watch.
Dec 22, 2009 2:32 PM

May 2008
Beatnik said:
Let's get some perspective here, the worst thing brought up in this thread is the reminder of the horrible completely unnecessary remake of Let The Right One In!

Good point.

Btw, supposedly there's gonna be a movie based on The Boys. Now that might be freakin awesome.

Dec 22, 2009 2:52 PM

Jul 2007
Beatnik said:

I agree with unnecessary, but the cast makes me think this will be anything but horrible.
Dec 22, 2009 8:32 PM

Apr 2009
Okay, first question ... which character is Nick Cage playing. The main character is a 15 year comic book geek called Kick-ass.

Nick Cage can't be playing that character. I refuse to believe that make-up is that good. And with the new digital technology to get real looking blue cats. I doubt Nick Cage wants to play a high school kid.

He's most likely going to be another major character. Kindof like Robert DeNiro in Stardust. So Big Daddy will have an artifical enhanced role for this movie compared to Big Daddy's comic book counter-part.

Although, he might be playing the bad guy as well.

Now to answer Beatnick's question.

No a 12 year swearing and killing people doesn't really bother me. I've known this movie would be coming out for awhile and I thought about it and thought about it. I think that she might be killing people off camera.

The Dark Knight was originally rated R. For a few killings onscreen. The execs in charge always wanted Dark Knight to be rated PG-13 and to do that they moved a lot of onscreen killings to off-screen killings which in all actuality works better because your mind comes up with far more worse scenario's then the movie makers can ever imagine and/or afford

And lastly,

I don't know why you guys are against the Deadpool movie. First, Rob Renyolds isn't a great actor ... nor what you would call good. But you know. I can see him doing Deadpool. Deadpool isn't Shakespeare. It doesn't require great acting talent to play the comic relief part. That's all Deadpool is. A psycho-path with zero self-control who plays the fool. THat's Rob Renyolds all over.

I hate Reeves too but you have to admit. He did a fantastic job with Neo in Matrix. I believe the same will be true for Reynolds in Deadpool. Also, he is the main driving force behind them making the movie. So I'll doubt they will get a better actor.

What you guys should be worried about is that he's also going to be Hal Jordan/Green Lantern. Now that is a role that WILL require him to act.

there I said my two cents about Deadpool. Back to Kick-Ass :)

--- Carl Sagan
Dec 22, 2009 8:33 PM

Oct 2008
nick cage is big daddy.
Dec 22, 2009 9:06 PM

Apr 2008
I saw a few trailers on youtube. I'm definitely going to see it. In fact, it's an absolute must see on my list of movies to watch.

Dec 22, 2009 10:23 PM

Sep 2009
So far from all the trailers and stills I'm very very excited.
I do hope Hit Girl has her swords at some point because I love that. Guns are cool but seeing her running around with swords that are taller than she is is something I've loved in the comics.

As for the remake of Let the Right One In, I probably won't see it. I enjoyed the movie and loved the book. I see no point in making a new version so I probably won't see it.

As for Ryan Reynolds, well he isn't a great actor and he's made some bad choices in his career.
However I think he'll do a good job. He's actually a big Deadpool fan which when you are playing a comic character is a good thing. He had one line in Wolverine which was funny. I'm eager to see how they disfigure him. Deadpool's face and body is always different so I'm eager to see how they do that.
Dec 22, 2009 10:47 PM

Apr 2009
Otacons_girl ... are you a fan of western comics?

In any case, I don't think Hit-girl will be picking up bladed weapons ... I have yet to find a pic of her RL movie self doing just that. Plus, if they are going to killings off camera like I think they will ... then it's essential that she has a weapon that can kill long distance, although you might see it, a couple of times but I don't think that will be her main weapon of choice.

And thank you so much for agreeing with me on that Reynolds thing.

Here I think you might enjoy this Otacons ^^ (if you don't already know it)

--- Carl Sagan
Dec 22, 2009 10:59 PM

Aug 2007
JH said:
Okay, first question ... which character is Nick Cage playing. The main character is a 15 year comic book geek called Kick-ass.

Nick Cage can't be playing that character. I refuse to believe that make-up is that good. And with the new digital technology to get real looking blue cats. I doubt Nick Cage wants to play a high school kid.

He's most likely going to be another major character. Kindof like Robert DeNiro in Stardust. So Big Daddy will have an artifical enhanced role for this movie compared to Big Daddy's comic book counter-part.

Although, he might be playing the bad guy as well.

Now to answer Beatnick's question.

No a 12 year swearing and killing people doesn't really bother me. I've known this movie would be coming out for awhile and I thought about it and thought about it. I think that she might be killing people off camera.

The Dark Knight was originally rated R. For a few killings onscreen. The execs in charge always wanted Dark Knight to be rated PG-13 and to do that they moved a lot of onscreen killings to off-screen killings which in all actuality works better because your mind comes up with far more worse scenario's then the movie makers can ever imagine and/or afford

And lastly,

I don't know why you guys are against the Deadpool movie. First, Rob Renyolds isn't a great actor ... nor what you would call good. But you know. I can see him doing Deadpool. Deadpool isn't Shakespeare. It doesn't require great acting talent to play the comic relief part. That's all Deadpool is. A psycho-path with zero self-control who plays the fool. THat's Rob Renyolds all over.

I hate Reeves too but you have to admit. He did a fantastic job with Neo in Matrix. I believe the same will be true for Reynolds in Deadpool. Also, he is the main driving force behind them making the movie. So I'll doubt they will get a better actor.

What you guys should be worried about is that he's also going to be Hal Jordan/Green Lantern. Now that is a role that WILL require him to act.

there I said my two cents about Deadpool. Back to Kick-Ass :)

Honestly name one comic book movie that has never ruined shit. Though I still need to see the Iron man movies and the last Spiderman one. Wolverine Origins was not that good and that was the last one I saw. Deadpool will get fucking ruined. Just like every other comic book hero who was turned into a movie.
Dec 22, 2009 11:35 PM

Apr 2009
Drunk_Samurai said:

Honestly name one comic book movie that has never ruined shit. Though I still need to see the Iron man movies and the last Spiderman one. Wolverine Origins was not that good and that was the last one I saw. Deadpool will get fucking ruined. Just like every other comic book hero who was turned into a movie.

Certainly my good sir,

Superman (1978) :)
that's one comic book movie

and then there's Batman Begins

and also Spiderman the first movie ;)
What about Iron Man

and then there's the animated movies
Wonder Woman was awesome
Batman: Mask of the Phantasm
Batman Begins: Return of the Joker

Look you're going to have good and bad movies like you're going to have good and bad comics. The only thing you can hope for is that hollywood decided to do it right the main problem is that they don't have much experience in doing comic book movies. They tend to make it too campy which is problem but I think they are learning that while campy may work for the mags it doesn't translate so well to the movies.

Case in Point. Dark Knight! ^^

--- Carl Sagan
Dec 23, 2009 2:53 AM

Aug 2008
I'll watch it.
Dec 23, 2009 6:29 AM

Jan 2008
JH said:
I think that she might be killing people off camera.

Uh, did you even watch the clip? SHE SLICES A MAN'S LEG OFF WITH A SWORD.

The idea of a little girl running around with a sword is pretty hilariously terrifying though.
Dec 23, 2009 9:15 AM

Apr 2009
NO but I do have one here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PvkgyCVfME4

hehe

--- Carl Sagan
Dec 23, 2009 9:27 AM

Sep 2009
JH said:
Otacons_girl ... are you a fan of western comics?

In any case, I don't think Hit-girl will be picking up bladed weapons ... I have yet to find a pic of her RL movie self doing just that. Plus, if they are going to killings off camera like I think they will ... then it's essential that she has a weapon that can kill long distance, although you might see it, a couple of times but I don't think that will be her main weapon of choice.

And thank you so much for agreeing with me on that Reynolds thing.

Here I think you might enjoy this Otacons ^^ (if you don't already know it)

I am a huge fan of western comics. Though I have been watching anime since I was 8, I didn't start buying manga till I was about 18. I have been reading comics (Marvel mostly but some DC stuff) since i was 10. I'm a big X-Men fan, as well as Deadpool, Avengers, Thor, Iron Man, and other X-Men related stuff like X-Factor and X-Force.

From DC I like Booster Gold and Blue Beetle related stuff. I also enjoy some Green Lantern stuff as well as Geoff Johns writing. I even read Superman stuff if it's written by Geoff Johns and I always hated Superman.

I also like some independent stuff like Mail Order Bride and Echo (which I think is independent also)

I love the youtube video which I had not seen and it answers a question I had. I had found that gun that Rorschach had on the floor (my cat likes to jump on the shelves where I keep my figures and I couldn't figure out who it belonged to. I thought it might be one of Deadpools extras since the Deadpool figure comes with like 5 guns and a sword or 2.

Is it sad that I have all the figures used (with the exception of Dr. Manhattan)?

I need to re-watch the trailer since if she slices a mans leg off that means she has her swords!
Dec 23, 2009 9:33 AM

May 2009
I'm actually looking forward to that movie. I read the comic, which I loved. So hopefully this movie will be a success, or a disaster...

And as for the Deadpool movie. They better not screw that one! Well, at least it would be nice to see him have an own movie since he only got a role as a supporting character in the "Hulk vs Wolverine" animated short-film.
Dec 23, 2009 11:30 AM

Apr 2009
ShadowbladeEdge said:
JH said:
NO but I do have one here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PvkgyCVfME4

hehe
Good job on posting the video in the OP, or the exact clip he was talking about, if you will. Looks a bit lower quality too. He. He.

I was too lazy to scroll down the first time. So I never saw it. ;)

and that clip was from a friend who gave me that link .. which I didn't have to scroll down so I watched that first.

Making me read first and then watch the video ... who do they think I am. Someone who likes pressing buttons! (I say, as I ironically type out a long message)
JHDec 23, 2009 11:34 AM

--- Carl Sagan
Dec 23, 2009 11:58 AM

Apr 2009
Otacons_Girl said:
I am a huge fan of western comics. Though I have been watching anime since I was 8, I didn't start buying manga till I was about 18. I have been reading comics (Marvel mostly but some DC stuff) since i was 10. I'm a big X-Men fan, as well as Deadpool, Avengers, Thor, Iron Man, and other X-Men related stuff like X-Factor and X-Force.

From DC I like Booster Gold and Blue Beetle related stuff. I also enjoy some Green Lantern stuff as well as Geoff Johns writing. I even read Superman stuff if it's written by Geoff Johns and I always hated Superman.

I also like some independent stuff like Mail Order Bride and Echo (which I think is independent also)

I love the youtube video which I had not seen and it answers a question I had. I had found that gun that Rorschach had on the floor (my cat likes to jump on the shelves where I keep my figures and I couldn't figure out who it belonged to. I thought it might be one of Deadpools extras since the Deadpool figure comes with like 5 guns and a sword or 2.

Is it sad that I have all the figures used (with the exception of Dr. Manhattan)?

I need to re-watch the trailer since if she slices a mans leg off that means she has her swords!

An X-men fan ... man there are a lot of you guys out there.

I'm a Spiderman fan. Amazing and Ultimate Spidey. I never really saw that much in X-men but I think it's just my need to be different. :)

I've noticed you didn't list the poster child for cool of the X-men comics. Wolverine! Everybody loves Wolverine. It's why he's in 7 different books minimum XD (at least I think that's the reason he's in seven + different books) it can't be because Marvel has ran out of ideas to do. And they are the House of Ideas.

But anyway, are you looking forward to the Iron Man 2 and Thor movie also to come out in 2010? I hope it all does well for the Avengers movie that's coming out in after Thor and Cap (2011). I fear if one of them is a flop it could change the line-up for the Avengers movie but I'm hoping that these are all great characters that receive excellent attention.

And yeah, Geoff Johns is an excellent writer. I don't think he's ever written a story that I went
"Wow, this is terrible!"

Brian Micheal Bendis does give me those kindofs of stories but I have a feeling that he might be overworked. I think he can't handle being Marvel's goto guy the same way Geoff Johns is DC's goto guy.

Or maybe he has way more responsibility then Geoff Johns, after all he told certain other writers what they could and could not do with their own damn books because it could interfer with what he was trying to do with Secret Invasion. I never heard another writer complain about Geoff Johns in that way.

Now I haven't read much independent work. I usually have a limited budget and the main two compaines usually get my money.
But I do love what Josh Whedon is doing with Buffy season eight.
and I have picked up Red Sonja since they had that collaboration with Marvel. R.I.P Micheal Turner.

And no it's not sad. Is the Dr. Manhattan figure um ... in full view?
but you're talking to one comic book geek to another, so I'm really not the right person to ask. v.v

and I'm glad you liked the vid. It was created by a guy who enjoys comics. his name is

itsjustsomerandomguy .... he's always pretty good. And he has a lot of vids on youtube. Listen he's pretty good and he usually shells out some pretty awesome wisdom while he's at it too.

and yeah, she does use a sword, although to me it looks more cartoony then hard core violence. :)

--- Carl Sagan
Dec 23, 2009 1:09 PM

Sep 2009
X-Men were the first comics I ever read. My friends dad has the entire collection from 1964 till now. When we were younger we would sneak into his room while he was at work and read through them all. I hate to think no how much we devalued his comics since we would sit around eating chips and getting crumbs everywhere.

Truth be told I don't like many of the core X-Men.
Wolverine is the Marvel Whore in that he's on every cover (Mystique is the true Marvel whore because she can't keep her clothes on) though I will admit that I enjoyed Old Man Logan.

I don't like Storm, Jean Gray (the whole Hope/Jean rumor will make me very angry if it turns out to be true.), Cyclops, Jubilee, Mystique, or Emma Frost.

I love Rogue, Scarlet Witch, X-Man, Psylocke, Blink, Iceman, Nightcrawler, and Multiple Man. And of course Deadpool but he must be separated, though he recently donned the X-Men costume and look throughly silly.

I've read some Spider-man but there was a series that I really didn't enjoy a few years ago and after I stopped reading, I never got back into him. I should start reading some Spider-man though since I always liked the character.

I'm excited for Iron Man 2. The trailer looks great and Robert Downey Jr. has done a great job in his portrayal of Stark.
Thor will be good I hope though I'm still a bit miffed at them not offering Alexander Skarsgard the role since when I first saw him I thought wow he would be perfect for Thor.
Captain I'm not worried about either.
The Avengers movie I'm most nervous about mainly because Avengers have always been one of my favorite teams.

As for Brian Michael Bendis, well some of his stories have been pretty meh for me, but some like Powers, and Jinx are just amazing for me. Bendis stretches himself pretty thin. I'm not 100% sure but I think he works on a lot more stuff at once than Johns, though Johns is just a better writer in my opinion.

I haven't read Season 8 yet. I own a couple of issues but they are in the ever growing pile of things that need to be read. I did like some of his stuff on Runaways and I like most of his stuff (Dollhouse being the exception) so I'm sure I'll enjoy it.

I'm going to watch the rest of that guy's youtube videos since the one you showed me was hilarious.

Yes she does use a sword. but it looked like she just got it out of a stand in the office. Oh well, I know it looks a little silly but that's what makes her cool!
Dec 23, 2009 1:14 PM
Jul 2018
This looks like a lot of fun.
Dec 23, 2009 1:15 PM

Jan 2008
NERD ALERT!!!
Dec 23, 2009 1:29 PM

Dec 2008
Hopefully this will be better than that one super hero movie where the chick's special ability is to lay eggs.
Dec 23, 2009 5:38 PM

Apr 2009
Beatnik said:
NERD ALERT!!!

Imagine that, nerds in anime forum/chat room that popped up while talking about a soon to be made comic book movie! Well well well! Will wonders never cease ;)

--- Carl Sagan
Dec 23, 2009 5:51 PM

Jan 2008
It is actually rare for there to be western comic fans on this forum, hence my nerd alert. It was more like a tribal calling for attention.

I like graphic novels too, though it's been a while since I read anything. Dont like the superhero stuff, I'm more into stuff like Transmetropolitan, Preacher, 100 Bullets, etc.
Dec 23, 2009 6:05 PM

May 2008
Beatnik said:
I like graphic novels too, though it's been a while since I read anything. Dont like the superhero stuff, I'm more into stuff like Transmetropolitan, Preacher, 100 Bullets, etc.

I love Vertigo, got a complete (or at least nearly complete) pack, it's almost 40GB.
I don't know any other publisher with good adult comic books.

Dec 23, 2009 6:09 PM

Jan 2008
Yep, it's all about Vertigo really, and a handful of writers. I forgot, Y: The Last Man was also pretty awesome, that might be the most recent thing I read.

People are harping on about Scott Pilgrim lately, what with the film adaptation coming out next year, will have to check that out to see what the fuss is about.
Dec 23, 2009 8:08 PM

Sep 2009
Beatnik said:

Preacher is great but I haven't finished it. I have all the trades but I haven't read them yet. Transmetropolitan is awesome. My boyfriend actually dressed up as Spider 2 years ago for Halloween (I helped by painting on the tattoos.) Y: The Last Man was amazing. I really enjoyed it. Another one of my favorites is Surrogates though the movie was horrible.

Ex Machina is another great series (I haven't read it yet, but the boyfriend says it's good) but nothing beats Sandman in my opinion. Well Watchmen does, but only by a bit.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The Current Events Board Will Be Closed on Friday JST ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Aug 2, 2021

272 by traed »»
Aug 5, 2021 5:56 PM

» Third shot of Sinovac COVID-19 vaccine offers big increase in antibody levels: study ( 1 2 )

Desolated - Jul 30, 2021

50 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:24 PM

» Western vaccine producers engage in shameless profiteering while poorer countries are supplied mainly by China.

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

1 by Bourmegar »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:23 PM

» NLRB officer says Amazon violated US labor law

Desolated - Aug 3, 2021

17 by kitsune0 »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:41 PM

» China Backs Cuba in Saying US Should Apply Sanctions To Itself

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

10 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.