Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
[Oshi No Ko]
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (15) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jun 28, 2023 8:58 AM
Mar 2018
best anime of 2023
Jun 28, 2023 8:59 AM
Jul 2014
Cannot wait for Season 2
Jun 28, 2023 9:00 AM
Feb 2023
Well it’s over. I am harsh on this anime like any other but I must commend this team on showing how a passion project should be made.

Do I love this anime? No because I still think it has alot of problems in writing. However it has it peak moments with episodes 1,6 particularly and 7 the 3rd one. The rest weren’t as powerful or good.

Production is almost a 10/10 without a doubt. Season 2 is coming. Thank god for that because atleast people will start to understand why I disliked the story especially after the next arc.

Now let me talk about last episode, actually thought they would end on a twist but nope, they decided to show that twist next season. Actually a good decision. However it made the final episode not look as good and didn’t get the impact it needed.

Overall right now 8/10 anime.
Jun 28, 2023 9:01 AM

Mar 2013
Another masterpiece of a series. 🥰
Now I need that sequel right now...
I hope we get to have 24-26 episodes next season for a banger.
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Jun 28, 2023 9:02 AM
Jul 2016
went above and beyond as an adaptation. what an episode and what an awesome start for the series as an anime. production quality was awesome for even adding to what the manga couldn't portray through Songs and actual Choreography and Music Production. Great season and looking forward to the next one!!!
Jun 28, 2023 9:03 AM
Apr 2019
nothing i can say, its perfect, especially ruby
Jun 28, 2023 9:04 AM

Mar 2020
The finale looked really good, with the performance and its aftermath, the production behind this remains to be at quite a high standard, with no real lull in between. Just so much love and passion put into this anime, and this episode was pretty fun to watch, as always.

Overall, I really enjoyed this show, and it had its share of impactful moments, though there is some concern for me if this will just become a "waifu war" type show or if more splendid writing is on its way. Kana shined a lot this season, and I would think that Akane and Ruby will get some more time next season, which has already been announced. I will say that the last few episodes I cared a bit less about since it focused more on performances than the industry itself, and the industry talk was still the most impactful part of the series. Hope we see more of that.

9/10.
Jun 28, 2023 9:08 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
UnknownUser101 said:
"Oshi No Ko" is a masterpiece that captures pure emotion. From the very first episode, it's evident how deeply the author cares about the story being crafted. While the narrative isn't afraid to explore dark themes, it strikes a perfect balance, never overwhelming the viewer. In addition to its darkness, the anime delves into numerous other captivating themes. Through the eyes of main characters Aqua and Ruby, we gain insight into the inner workings of the entertainment industry and the harsh realities of life. This is where "Oshi No Ko" truly shines in my opinion—the characters are exceptionally well-written, mirroring real-life individuals. It's safe to say they are among the best-written characters in recent anime. It's evident that everyone involved in the production of "Oshi No Ko" has poured their heart and soul into the project.

The animation is stunning, capturing the essence of the manga, and the heart-wrenching OST adds to the overall experience. I wholeheartedly recommend this anime.
"Oshi No Ko" is a phenomenal anime, with each episode proving to be fantastic as it drives the narrative forward and develops the characters. The quality is consistently top-notch, ranging from the visually appealing animation to the music, storytelling, and voice acting. It's truly refreshing to witness such dedication and consistency in an anime. I'm astounded to learn that Doga Kobo is responsible for this anime adaptation—they have done an outstanding job, and the voice actors deserve praise too.
I'm delighted to see Aka Akasaka's work receiving the treatment it deserves, as this anime adaptation brings their masterpiece to life. Doga Kobo's production quality for this anime is commendable, encompassing the production process, voice acting, and animation. The entire team deserves high praise for their exceptional work. This anime is incredible, with each episode delivering outstanding storytelling and character growth. The overall quality, including the visuals, music, storytelling, and voice acting, is exceptional. It's truly refreshing to witness such unwavering consistency and commitment in an anime.
Moreover, "Oshi No Ko" goes beyond being a typical idol anime focused on friendship and love. It bravely sheds light on various aspects of the entertainment industry that are often overlooked or seldom discussed. The personal stories of the side characters add depth and realism to the narrative. Some episodes are incredibly realistic, even bordering on unbearable to watch. By highlighting the dark side of fame and success in the entertainment industry, including the toxicity of the idol world and the struggles faced by the characters, "Oshi No Ko" fearlessly exposes important issues that require more discussion. It serves as a reminder that celebrities are human beings too, while also addressing the fanaticism that can manifest in different forms among fans.

They just announced season 2! Let's freaking GOOOOOOO-

I can't wait for season 2. I am so hyped for the next arcs to get adapted.
We ate great this season. Thanks for the meal.
WE FUCKING MOVE!!!!

I'm so happy that Doga Koba delivered on all fronts and then some to give us what I called from Day 1 as the AOTS

Easy 10/10

Jun 28, 2023 9:09 AM

Oct 2018
AKANE, MEMCHO AND RUBY

Fuck Kana.
If you're a fanboy, please don't waste my time.

Watch more movies, please.

Perhaps, this is hell.
Jun 28, 2023 9:09 AM
Dec 2021
WOW THAT CLIFFHANGER HIT DIFFERENT!
Jun 28, 2023 9:11 AM
Mar 2015
Our grils were successful in their debut Now we have a cat fight over Aqua while he looks for Ai's killer
Jun 28, 2023 9:13 AM

Sep 2009
I surprised they showed that other idol group during the first half but cut the actual segment there idol, who loved cute girls, decided to leave the entertaiment industry and find a normal job after watching B-Komachi performance. It was very in-line with the series theme. But not a big deal. Overall a perfect adaptation  but my favourite arc is next in line. 
Jun 28, 2023 9:14 AM

May 2020
niceeee!! title drop from arima kana 10/10 fckn masterpiece!!

Jun 28, 2023 9:17 AM

Jul 2021
Damn, what a ride it has been! Sad that it ended, probably gonna pick up the manga for now. So far it's my favourite anime of the year. Let's hope season 2 comes quick enough!
Jun 28, 2023 9:18 AM
Handler One

Jan 2023
The performance and music honestly spooked me a bit, they executed it pretty damn well. Doga Kobo has done a great job with this adaptation, I can only hope for what's to come next.

This finale was fun and enjoyable like always, for now I'll leave it as an 8/10 but only because we've barely begun to scratch the surface and are now going deeper in.

Can't wait for Season 2!

"You fought to the end. You survived. That's why you're here now. I think that's something you should be more proud of."
- Vladilena Milizé
Jun 28, 2023 9:21 AM
Jun 2023
This episode was perfect and it was a great setup for the next episode/season of the anime!!!
Jun 28, 2023 9:24 AM
Jan 2022
they don't randomly slap in the outro
Jun 28, 2023 9:24 AM
Apr 2022
phantomfandom said:
I don't know if I'll watch the next season, female idol is really not my thing, however, it seems like the next season will be about the stage play "Tokyo Blade" which is basically a rip-off of Touken Ranbu, and everyone knows how BL Touken Ranbu is, which make me want to looking forward to. But it seems like Tokyo Blade will focus more on hetero love triangle between one male and two female instead of a bromance between an all-male cast, and the core of Oshi no Ko is hetero, so the hope is low for me.
If you are hoping for BL please leave. This show isn’t about romance.
Jun 28, 2023 9:25 AM
May 2021
I with Mem-cho on this one, gonna grab a big bucket of popcorn and watch this love-triangle develop with great interest.
Jun 28, 2023 9:26 AM

May 2020
Damn, Aqua made the fan dance he once did at Ai's performance 🤣🤣🤣. Oh my, can't stop laughing at that. 

Arima takes it lightly when Aqua says he did it for his sister. Poor girl. MEM-cho is worried, in the right way, not knowing whom to support. 

I wonder what will happen in Tokyo Blade. The second season is announced. Gotta wait for it now.
Jun 28, 2023 9:27 AM
Jul 2022
I'm ngl this anime is mid as fuck but kana is cute as shit
Jun 28, 2023 9:30 AM
Jun 2022
From episode 1 to 11 The story, The Plot, The characters, Everything, it was a masterpiece, This paired with good animation will always be a masterpiece, from episode 1's animation, it will really take the viewer's attention to watch because the visuals carried. I hope they produce Season 2 well as good as season 1
Jun 28, 2023 9:30 AM
May 2023
It was really good. I hope Aqua ends up with Akane but we will have to wait for season 2 for that.
Jun 28, 2023 9:31 AM
Mar 2021
one of the best episodes so far, even climax was good, its not like most of the animes where they mostly stop at some final moments, like cliffhanger for another seasons, its truly deserving as the "ENDING OF SEASON 1"

and that fight between Akane and Kana playing roles of lovers to earn the right of Aqua, i seriously cant wait for it (even when i already binge read novel and manga both)

It will be sooo good to see them fight on- screen lol and im not talking about just fight, it will show us some truth, what we dont even want to see or believe in like we only considers our POV, but not others....
Jun 28, 2023 9:33 AM
Jul 2020
kana vs akane war begin
Jun 28, 2023 9:35 AM

Nov 2021
Good finale. Overall this anime is overhyped as fuck. After the first episode that felt like cheap Perfect Blue knock off it got much much better. Oshi no ko got lucky to get such amazing adaptation. Without spectacular production constantly going the extra mile there's nothing that exceptional about the story or the characters. Tho I'd say my biggest problem is constant monologues that keep telling how the industry works, there is too much of them and they're done awkwardly imo. Still a pretty good show
Jun 28, 2023 9:35 AM
May 2021
As a manga reader I am fully satisfied with this adaptation 🔥🔥, Literally 10/10.Hyped up for next season arcs to get animated 🔥
Jun 28, 2023 9:39 AM
Jun 2022
Can anyone tell me where to start the manga?
Jun 28, 2023 9:40 AM

Mar 2021
B-Komachi's performance was amazing and I can't wait to watch season 2
Jun 28, 2023 9:41 AM
Oct 2020
It fucking sucked......it was stupid to think this could be called peak fiction

2/10
Jun 28, 2023 9:43 AM

Dec 2020
It was the 1st ep that created the hype and it didn't disappoint me till the very last ep
I started to like it when they started to bring up the harsh realities of real life and dark things that create mental pressure. Moreover they even brought a real life event in the part of Akane's suicide ep. It was so much to my liking.

8.8/10

Peak anime of this Spring season

And season 2 is confirmed Lesss Gooooooo
Jun 28, 2023 9:44 AM

Jan 2019
Kana looking down. Aqua the idol otaku to the rescue!

Looks like it will be a fiery battle between Kana and Akane. Who's gonna win the heart of the traumatized and broken Aqua? Stay tuned for season 2 to know!

Nice ending to the 1st season and set up the plot pretty well for season 2. Aka truly is a master in how to progress two stories simultaneously, one about the characters and their journey through the show business and the other being Aqua gradually uncovering the mysteries behind Ai's murder.

a 10/10 for the episode and a solid 9/10 for the show.
Jun 28, 2023 9:44 AM

Oct 2022
The finale of this season was good but not to the extent I imagined but it still contained some great moments.

The first stage performance of new B Komachi was great and my guy, Aqua came at the right time to restore the confidence of Arima and made her impression in front of their audience.

Things worked out and now for the new show's casting, there is going to be a competition between Arima and Akane, but let's be honest Aqua only focuses on his goal to find the culprit behind Ai's murder. That's all.

The first episode was fantastic but the latter episodes were just not as entertaining, the idol part was good but didn't pique my interest so much. The animation was really good, I mean really good. Still a 7/10.
Urahara_BenihimeJun 28, 2023 8:20 PM
Jun 28, 2023 9:48 AM
Jul 2021
Definitely a great ride with some of the eps being straight masterpieces. 9/10
Jun 28, 2023 9:49 AM
Feb 2023
ahhh this show is so good now i totally can not wait for season 2 ahhhh
Jun 28, 2023 9:50 AM
Aug 2022
I really can't wait to watch season 2, I'm still so hyped! This Anime is pure Love! 🥰
Jun 28, 2023 9:51 AM
Jun 2023
It so beautiful i really like the rivality between Kurokawa Akane and Arima Kana
Jun 28, 2023 9:53 AM
Nov 2014
Wonderful show, loved every episode, can’t wait for season 2
Jun 28, 2023 9:53 AM

Sep 2021
The admiration and the "the" respect I have for the whole production team it was a masterpiece created by none other than them from presenting to soundtrack they are the one who did the job to add cherry fuck no cherry whatever everyone who was wanting while watching the show they added it on top of the cake to make it your sweetner agent.

SALUTE to DOGA KOBO.
Jun 28, 2023 9:55 AM

Sep 2021
bizzletellem said:
Can anyone tell me where to start the manga?

43 most likely 40ish just surf around 40 but I will tell you to wait
Jun 28, 2023 9:57 AM

Sep 2021
I used to think idols were cringe the show slapped me hard though it was not that about idols
Jun 28, 2023 9:58 AM
Nov 2021
The animation was stunning in every episode... such a nice show, can't wait for the second season
Jun 28, 2023 9:58 AM

Mar 2016
While obviously set up for continuing the story in the next season, the final sequence of the final S1 episode actually did a really good job of tying up this part of the narrative. Showing how now both Aqua and Ruby have made Ai's wishes for them come true, albiet the happy-side for Aqua since he's still hell-bent on getting back at the person who caused Ai's life to end prematurely.

It will be interesting to see how things go regarding this 'Tokyo Blade' arc. Poor MEM has realised the love corner with Aqua and is conflicted on who to root for :P Hoping that Akane and Kana will be able to both step up and keep their rivalry in a healthy professional manner. Although going with how this story delves into the more ruthess effects of the industry, the Tokyo Blade rehearsals are likely going to take a hit due to something that happens between them. Whether that ends up purely due to outside events or maybe sparked by the story for the stage play adaptation will remain to be seen.

For something that I started watching on a whim purely because of the Ai key visual coupled with the interesting synopsis, I never expected to love this show as much as I did :3
Jun 28, 2023 9:59 AM

Sep 2021
demon Slayer who?
Jun 28, 2023 9:59 AM
Jun 2023
I can’t wait for akane vs kana
Jun 28, 2023 10:03 AM
Jul 2018
Kana with happy mood supremacy.
Tokyo blade arc = Peak arc 🔥 can't wait
Jun 28, 2023 10:08 AM

Mar 2021
I really cannot understate how much I enjoyed this show. A lot of credit to Doga Kobo: almost everything about this production was outstanding, and it was consistently excellent in its execution. 

I really want more, but am more than willing to wait patiently if the show returns at the level of quality established here. 
Jun 28, 2023 10:12 AM
May 2023
Episódio muito bom, vemos que a produtora do anime adaptou muito bem, a dança as músicas estão muito boas.
Jun 28, 2023 10:14 AM

Jul 2016
Aqua and the throwback to the Ai's toddler lightstick squad lmao

And damn didn't think Akane and Kana's rivalry went that deep. As if the shipping wars weren't fierce enough.
Jun 28, 2023 10:16 AM
Sep 2021
This shows was amazing start to finish. Everything from the music, animation, character development was perfect. Can’t believe that an idol/acting anime could Get me this hooked. Ill put in number 12 for my favorite anime ever. Doga kobo made the eye look too good. Definitely a contender for my favorite anime for 2023. !Season 2 will come! Just let Doga kobo cook.
Pages (15) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » "Oshi no Ko" Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 26, 2023

476 by rip_Solitaire »»
Yesterday, 1:38 PM

Poll: » "Oshi no Ko" Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

MadanielFL - May 12, 2023

263 by dangkeeks »»
Sep 23, 1:54 PM

Poll: » "Oshi no Ko" Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Usopp8000 - Mar 27, 2023

2721 by EPhC4 »»
Sep 22, 4:17 PM

» Why "Oshi" and not "Hoshi"?

il_biggo - Aug 19

15 by DragyG »»
Sep 15, 7:56 PM

Poll: » "Oshi no Ko" Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ricky16 - May 17, 2023

887 by WienGirl »»
Aug 30, 9:54 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.