Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Apr 26, 2023 7:17 PM
Nov 2021
Oh wow! This episode was such a banger, I really hope that he isin't the father though, I want this mystry to be like an arc which is long like the Jailbreak Arc/Introductory arc/Grace field (1) Arc from TPN, like it should be a big mystery with like knowledge, still hyped up, also Kana is such a W charecter I love her.
Apr 26, 2023 7:34 PM
Oct 2020
zzz episode only the 1st is good
Apr 26, 2023 7:38 PM

Nov 2017
20 mins feels like 5 mins. Kana burgundy hair so beautiful.

Apr 26, 2023 7:40 PM
Jan 2022
MadanielFL said:
He doesn't know what cigarette exactly that guy used, so I'm not sure if this will work out...

aqua picked up both cigarette not one
Apr 26, 2023 7:44 PM
Sep 2019
This ep reminded me why I love Kana so much lol <3 voice actors did a really good job too and I can't wait for a specific team to resemble ✨
Apr 26, 2023 8:01 PM
永遠の銀魂

Jul 2012
this episode was really enjoyable, i liked getting to know kana a bit better. not much ruby this episode, unfortunately.
i liked how aqua’s acting role kind of mirrored his goals for this episode, using the role of the stalker to gain information similarly to how the father fed information to the stalker to manipulate him.
i cannot state enough how much i like the OP and ED themes.
Apr 26, 2023 8:02 PM

Jul 2009
It just occurred to me, what's the endgame for Aqua? He finds the dude is he gonna kill him? Because he's pretty psycho-devoted to finding him but technically that person didn't do a crime. Unless he hired the stalker to kill her nothing illegal was done, right?
Apr 26, 2023 8:03 PM

Jun 2020
I love the details animation they use to express Kana in some scenes, also her voice actor did great too. Nice job.
Next episode would be dope, can't wait to see Aqua's acting again.
Apr 26, 2023 8:05 PM
Jun 2022
KANA BEST GIRL!!!
Apr 26, 2023 8:05 PM
May 2018
yeesh. 14 manga volumes in 6 episodes.. although j-drama episodes are usually 1-hour (50 min ish) long,

so in comparison it's like they're adapting a 14 volume manga to a 12 eps anime.. will be crazy rushed.
Apr 26, 2023 8:08 PM
Apr 2023
I thought they were going to be able to cover this entire Sweet Today stint in just one episode but I guess the narrative of 'small video production' exposition for this episode is very much helpful in setting future expositions of the dark side of the Japanese entertainment industry.
This pretty much also shows Arima Kana's naivety, even though she claims she has matured and has know-how in show business, she still appears to be unaware of some even darker side of it. I feel she might also be in danger of the same consequences that has befallen Ai, specially that the fact remains that people like Aqua and Ruby's father is still out there somewhere who are using that same dark side of showbiz to fuel whatever is getting them off.
Anyway, the production quality of episode 3 is still up to par of how it started. As a manga reader too, I am still excited about how they will bring in more dimensions to the events in the story that got me hooked to this in the first place. I am also curious up to which arc the anime will cover in the next 8 episodes. I personally feel that as an Akasaka Aka work, this might just continue to even more cours/seasons like the Kaguya-sama series, specially since the Oshi no Ko manga might be on its last few arcs before its conclusion (Akasaka Aka also seems to be moving on to his new work/s as well as a writer).
Apr 26, 2023 8:08 PM

Feb 2021
Nishantt said:
MadanielFL said:
He doesn't know what cigarette exactly that guy used, so I'm not sure if this will work out...

And how does he know that either one of them were from the producer?
Apr 26, 2023 8:10 PM
Certified Simp

Feb 2017
Great ep!! Super sweet and interesting.

Hearing how he tried 45k attempts at that phone password is crazy but awesome. Honestly I don't think this director is the dad. I feel like we'll get a very clear resemblance to the kids when we find him. This director doesn't even seem to have the same colour (which is important for me because Ai had purple hair, yet the kids ending up being full golden blonde).

Subtle cliffhanger ending. Keen for Aqua to steal the show with his acting!!
Apr 26, 2023 8:11 PM
Apr 2023
Entertaining. Get to seeing an old character and the plot gets deeper
Apr 26, 2023 8:25 PM
Apr 2023
MadanielFL said:

I think it's just to make sure if there is a DNA match before investigate further. Aqua also just met the director. So if there aren't DNA match he'll stop suspect the director
Apr 26, 2023 8:25 PM
Apr 2023
I had really high expectations for this series after the initial episode, and to put it simply, they were not met.
Apr 26, 2023 8:29 PM

Jul 2014
I've gotta say after seeing 50 different parody versions of McDonald's in different anime, it's almost jarring seeing one correctly naming Facebook, Twitter, and Uber.
Apr 26, 2023 8:51 PM
Jan 2022
MadanielFL said:
Nishantt said:

I didn t watch the ep yet but i am saying according what i read in manga aqua saw him and one other staff member smoking after eavesdropping them and after they are gone he just take the two cigarretes for testing and don t worry aqua will dna test every single person possible
Apr 26, 2023 8:54 PM
Feb 2021
Aqua Supremacyyyyyyyyyy
Apr 26, 2023 8:55 PM
Nov 2017
I think this has the potential to be one of the best idol/mystery/psychological animes of all time
Apr 26, 2023 9:08 PM

Mar 2019
Two episodes in a row where an Incredible Serie, just become another common/normal one of the season.... 

First Episode... above everything else...

Second and Third episodes.... not even close to Vinland, Kimetsu or even HellsParadise.

Nyan-Pasu!... [ Ara Ara ] [ Waifus ]
Apr 26, 2023 9:28 PM

Jan 2020
It’s funny how Aqua isn’t even arguing with others for calling him a sis con. Anyway, this episode was great. I hope to see a great dynamic between Aqua and Kana going forward.
Apr 26, 2023 9:36 PM
Mar 2022
Nice episode !!!!!!!!
Apr 26, 2023 9:42 PM

Apr 2023
Great episode 5/5

Two things I love in this adaptation:
1. They corrected the model of Ai's phone that Aqua is trying to crack the PIN. I remember in the manga it was a smartphone which does not match with the timeline before Ai got pregnant which is at least 16 years ago. In the anime it was a flip phone.
2. I really like the dull yet mysterious vibe or atmosphere that envelopes the show which really captures the absence of Ai. I can feel the gloominess both Aqua and Ruby are emanating.
Apr 26, 2023 9:54 PM
Mar 2023
Nice karakrer i like all girl thus anime
Apr 26, 2023 10:00 PM
Jan 2017
It would be hard for the rest of the series to match the impact of the firt "episode". but the Aqua's hunt for his mother's murderer keeps the tension. And Kanna changing from a spoiled brat to an experienced actor who loves her craft is a win. Now if Ruby could show us more than "I'm gonna' be an idol!"
Apr 26, 2023 10:06 PM
Oct 2021
nice, the best anime i've seen in my life
Apr 26, 2023 10:13 PM
Oct 2022
Very insane and loved it all.
Apr 26, 2023 10:13 PM

Apr 2015
Great episode, love how it's highlighting the negative side of the entertainment industry. It truly sucks when an amazing source is only used as promotional material and nothing more. Could totally relate to that with some of my favorite manga T-T Feel really bad for the author. Kana was pretty charming here. She was really annoying as a little kid but she definitely matured and I'm liking her development so far. Aqua, on the other hand, isn't particularly likeable so far but that last shot of him was way too cool lol.

"As promised, all that you seek, all that we desire, is prepared up there. On top of the Tower."
Apr 26, 2023 10:20 PM

Dec 2018
didn't like how abruptly it ended; i feel really bad for that girl.
Apr 26, 2023 10:38 PM
Oct 2019
I forgot where I’ve read it but somewhere I read “This generation’s new Light Yagami?”, I had to see how true this bold statement was and now I’m seeing what they meant. Aquamarine is planning things out 15 steps ahead and in ep 3 I really got the vibe of Light
Apr 26, 2023 10:57 PM
Nov 2021
it was very nice to watch
Apr 26, 2023 11:07 PM
Oct 2019
Kana really grown up, i mean in personality as well.

Damn 14 volumes into half a season TV adaptation bruhh
*flashback The Promised Neverland.

Diving in more about acting industry and how cruel it was.
Apr 26, 2023 11:11 PM

Oct 2022
We got more of Kana, LET'S FUKING GOOOOOOOO.

There isn't a lot to say outside of it's such a great episode. well done.
Apr 26, 2023 11:12 PM

Mar 2016
Nice to see how Kana grew as a person after her encounter with Aqua as a child. Incredibly shitty though that her attempt to grow her career and rebuild the connections she burnt as a stuck-up kid are being taken advantage of. Maybe Aqua can help her get into Strawberry Productions so she won't be stuck with dirt freelance pay. Also seems that she may have developed a crush on him from that very brief meeting :3

Must be something that had to be missed out in the explanation of Aqua cracking into that 3rd phone of Ai's. All those contacts and only that producer is highlighted. Could've at least put a small reason as to why Aqua had his sights set on him. Really enjoy it when Aqua's eye star goes black. Visual cue that he's in serious mode.

Aqua got the main thing he took the job for, but I'm guessing he'll be getting a bit of a bonus based on that cliffhanger. Not interested in anything else, so going to give it all he's got. Producer will likely want to catch him while he can. Like with Kana, Aqua's a looker and will put effort into his roles......and will likely do said roles for dirt cheap. While he's got the DNA now, Aqua could have the opportunity to get even more out of his target.
Apr 26, 2023 11:18 PM
Apr 2023
I binged the entire manga before watching the show, the show absolutely does the manga justice and even improves several scenes in fun ways.
Apr 26, 2023 11:19 PM
Jan 2022
HOw dArE they leave us on a cliff hanger LET ME SEE HIS ACTING ALREADY- this is why I NEVER WATCH AIRING ANIME
Apr 26, 2023 11:28 PM
Jul 2020
AS GREAT AS EVER FROM AKASAKA AKA
Apr 26, 2023 11:34 PM
Apr 2018
Another good episode.
I love kana even more now, her personality is refreshing, not only she is adorable and funny to the core, but she also portrays her serious aspects well with her passion, hard work and knowledge in the industry. She knows what shes doing, the ups and downs of her career, isnt let down easily by rough phases, just keeps going. Shes definitely gone up in my good books. Also her caring and bonding with aqua is great even though aqua is not on the same level cause mans still focused on his objective, i can definitely see them together in the future, i sense the chemistry, also i hope she can stop him from going down too much towards the dark path cause it looks like he is going that way and maybe help him be a good actor one day like Ai wanted for him. 

Speaking of Aqua, got to see more of his dedication with finding Ai's kiiller, mans spent years focused on just opening a phone and it must not have been easy finding the resources as a kid much less spending time on just finding the password. He is a man of focus for sure and i kinda feel bad hes using kanna as means to further his purpose, i hope he finds a soft spot for her seeing she genuinely cares for him. But he keeps seeing the dark side of people in the industry which doesnt make it easy for him.

Also good to see more information and insight on the entertainment industry. The reality of  how source materials like manga which are well written get ruined destroying the author's work, more importantly poor author having her hardwork of 14 volumes being cram into 6 episodes and has to see it personally on the set infront of her eyes and what set back and consequences it has later when the audience sees it.. Her lifeless eyes speaks volumes.  All that just to cast eye candy sell out inexperience model actors, for which an experienced actor like kana and the production staff have to work their butts off to balance it out with their skills. This was well presented, so hats off to the writing again. 
Now i am wondering what does Aqua mean by "going out with a bang" is he gonna put on a stellar jaw dropping performance or hes just gonna do something so bizzare that will destroy everything and ruin the directors work and teach him a lesson to not do shitty adaptations. Lets see. 

Also i realized the easter of the sweet manga from kaguya sama which was a nice touch. it even made hayasaka cry lol 
Apr 26, 2023 11:59 PM
Sep 2020
That ep was ok !

A bit slow, but the art and quality remained constant! I do hope the story picks up a bit because I am mainly interested in them figuring out the mystery ^^;.
Apr 27, 2023 12:08 AM
Apr 2016
I really love the chemistry between Aqua and Kana! My OTP. <3
Apr 27, 2023 12:38 AM
Mar 2022
pretty good uptill now... eager to see what awaits...
Apr 27, 2023 12:58 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Might as well GO OUT WITH A BANG

NYANPASU
5700XT

Apr 27, 2023 1:14 AM
Jan 2022
Too much narration. The storytelling going away from understanding about what the aim of it. For notes: it's just go hype at first episode and then at this point (episode 3), I don't think I will go with the whole season.
Apr 27, 2023 1:27 AM

Dec 2017
Live action adaptations are shit.
Apr 27, 2023 2:11 AM
Mar 2021
Aqua seems to be getting closer to his REVENGE and his character is widely exposed in this episode by that passcode finding flashback..overall we understand the depth of his revenge in this ep
Apr 27, 2023 2:14 AM
Nov 2022
A good reintroduction to Kana. It's sad to see how she thinks that the director values her.
Aqua stellar as usual. He really has gone to the Dark Side after the death of Ai. I hope that later in the series he values himself above revenge.
Apr 27, 2023 2:16 AM
Oct 2021
this ep was so good, the way they are trying to humanize the MC is very cool, and with a little hook for the next ep whose will be amazing
Apr 27, 2023 2:17 AM

Feb 2018
I'm a bit late to this episode coz I was grinding HSR lol.

Wow four years of trying to find the password, that's impressive. Aqua's galaxy eyes are swirling in the moment lol.

Great episode once again, can't wait to see Aqua blow it up next week.

Never ending plan to watch list...

Apr 27, 2023 2:17 AM

Nov 2021
Ok, now that was the first enjoyable episode for me. Need more Kana.
Pages (10) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » "Oshi no Ko" Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Usopp8000 - Mar 27, 2023

2687 by Blaklisted »»
1 minute ago

» What do you think of Kana Arima? ( 1 2 )

Fischer77 - Oct 16, 2023

69 by Mmmnmn »»
Jun 13, 10:28 PM

Poll: » "Oshi no Ko" Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yuyuichi - Jun 28, 2023

684 by gannoncannon55 »»
Jun 13, 9:16 PM

Poll: » "Oshi no Ko" Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Softhenic03 - Jun 21, 2023

294 by gannoncannon55 »»
Jun 13, 8:46 PM

Poll: » "Oshi no Ko" Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 14, 2023

310 by gannoncannon55 »»
Jun 13, 8:24 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.