Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Mar 28, 2023 2:45 PM

Jan 2016
A trashy show that managed to be worthwhile after all. 

It's magic school harem trash but the comedy was spot on and so was the soundtrack. I have to admit I laughed way too many times so it was a good comedy which lifts it's score. The girls were also good and so was Rays only male friend (If we don't count Albert)

5.8/10 (round it up to 6)
Mar 29, 2023 11:32 PM

Dec 2008
At times I liked some things and tropes in this sow, and the look was good. But its getting tiresome how much Anime has become so generic, cookie cutter and copy paste. And yet its still being pumped out month after month, year after year. But luckily, with so many average shows out, the real gems are easier to spot as they shine so much brighter. This show, however, was a 5/10 for not really explaining what was with all the technological sounding "magic" and incantations, the random back and forth of events, locations and slightly sloppy forced writing. Maybe there will be a 2nd season though thats more put together. Moving onward, ever onward...
Mar 30, 2023 5:38 PM
Jan 2014
Finally finished it. It was so confusing, it did not know what it wants to be - Romance, Harem or Fantasy, but it wasn't cohesive at all.

I want to give it 4.5, but since I can't, I gave it 4.
Mar 31, 2023 6:47 PM

Jan 2020
Man I actually liked the early episodes. Then they rushed it like crazy and animation degraded more.
Oh well, that’s too bad
Apr 1, 2023 1:16 AM
Mar 2016
just up to episode 5. and I say no wonder the score drop to 6/10. 
comment: quality's suck.
Apr 1, 2023 5:00 AM
Mar 2016
I have only one question. 
- How did Caro Caroline after timeskip they got those heart shape in her middle eye? before timeskip I don't see one. so How did she have it?
Apr 4, 2023 1:58 PM

Nov 2009
TBH, I wouldn't mind being hit by Carol's attack if I get to watch her performance before "the end" LOL

That's a giant sword, LOL

___ ___ ___

*hits each other*

I love you,

NO, I love you.

*hit hit hit*

___ ___ ___

Rebecca got baited tho, she thought Ray was gonna kiss her, LOL

And the Harem grows, with rivalry, LOL (all the girls knows they like Ray) Rebecca attempted to suggest she was gonna "spend the night".

___ ___ ___

They way they ended is like a "Movie End" closure... but with an open ended continuity. Basically the series can either end right here, or they can continue with the plot drop they have at the end. (there's a high chance it means a second season)

But as said before, they already used most of the manga chapters, meaning it would take them years before they get back to this series' season 2.
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Apr 5, 2023 12:22 PM

Nov 2013
KinjiKido said:
I have only one question. 
- How did Caro Caroline after timeskip they got those heart shape in her middle eye? before timeskip I don't see one. so How did she have it?

i wonder if it's just like Ray getting blue eyes when using his power, but she keeps that up all the time lol
fav "new" girls from spring <3 ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
Apr 7, 2023 9:41 PM

Mar 2013
Now, how many girls will fall in love with Ray, I wonder? Elisa was easy enough to conquer, and Claris as well. Amelia and Rebecca, on the other hand, got most of the screen time for more character development, but Amelia got the current top rank.

It was a great story with the potential to be a great adaptation, but it was a bad one. I can't say I'm impressed, but I still enjoyed some bits of this nonetheless.
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Apr 9, 2023 8:33 PM

Jan 2011
This show sucked ass.
Apr 13, 2023 7:53 AM
Sep 2020
astralkill00 said:
Now, how many girls will fall in love with Ray, I wonder? Elisa was easy enough to conquer, and Claris as well. Amelia and Rebecca, on the other hand, got most of the screen time for more character development, but Amelia got the current top rank.

It was a great story with the potential to be a great adaptation, but it was a bad one. I can't say I'm impressed, but I still enjoyed some bits of this nonetheless.
If it gets a 2nd season, Ariane might get more focus on that arc and I wonder where she'd be ranked.
gio_lingadJul 28, 2023 8:50 PM
Gio G. Lingad
Apr 14, 2023 1:44 AM

Feb 2020
Generic Crappy harem but some fun lore aspects and the catchy song
Click for a anime mashup!
BIO
Still not gone bandwagon u, keep crying. Here u are welcome to CRINGE at my EXISTENCE

Apr 23, 2023 6:10 PM
Oct 2021
I really liked the anime even though I know its a generic power fantasy harem. However both the opening and the ending are the best anime song I have heard in a while
May 2, 2023 4:11 PM

May 2015
Ok Rebecca is definitely best girl. I already liked her but her at the end there acting all smug was the best lmao. 

Also can we just appreciate that end credits. I've never seen an anime show end credits/voice actors like that before where they show the character then name above them. You see it sometimes in film but its the first in anime for me. 

I'm glad I finally got around to finishing this. The drama during the tourdement arc put me off this series for a while but I saw a post that showed Ray's female cosplay came back so I had to finish it. 
Yuritopia FTW!!!!!!!!! BANZAI TO YURI !!!!!!!!!!!!
May 9, 2023 5:56 AM
Aug 2022
Man I can't wait for Season 2 Announcement. I hope soon S2 rocks.
May 20, 2023 8:37 PM
Jun 2022
Surely one of the most boring and awkward ends that I've ever seen, just introduced new characters and villains out of nowhere without a background, reasoning, explanation or whatever. Also the final battle was just the 7 showing off their powers in a cringe way, and I won't even comment about the crossdressing thing cause it's just too stupid.
Overall I had fun watching but sometimes I felt like I was losing neurons.
May 27, 2023 12:18 PM
Sep 2008
The elf girl looks better with the best friend than the protagonist.

Overall its and OK anime, its trash but the comedy helps to make it watchable.
Jun 17, 2023 10:31 PM
Dec 2022
The finale. The big fight between the evil Eugenics faction and Ray. Who will win? Plus the teachers join in too. It's an all out fight to the end.
Aug 19, 2023 2:11 PM
Dec 2022
Me encanto este anime!!!
Aug 29, 2023 5:12 PM
Dec 2014
I like how they never explained who tf Kreuthz or whatever his name is or how suddenly new villains appeared out of thin air or what their goal even was.
Oct 25, 2023 6:00 PM
Feb 2019
was pretty good but expected a better ending
Nov 4, 2023 3:56 PM

Oct 2008
Could have been better. I liked most of the non combat related SoL stuff, but the villains and the melodrama were not good at all.
Nov 16, 2023 11:07 AM
Mar 2018
Lmao the quarrel between the two sisters is stupidly funny. They bicker and argue while Ray is dying in the background I can't stop laughing omg, Maybe if it were me when I was still little, I would rate this anime a masterpiece dang time flies, Despite the weird plot, I still enjoyed watching the series, and I would give it a rating of 6 out of 10.
ShuweckNov 16, 2023 11:16 AM
Dec 12, 2023 7:28 PM
Dec 2023
I really like the show, it's a very wonderful show with plot twist that i never expected
Dec 21, 2023 2:32 AM
Oct 2015
That last episode was a frickin rushed mess. Up until the it was OK.
Jan 6, 8:23 AM
Aug 2014
Finally checked the series out.

I read the manga ages ago, so Ive mixed feelings about the adaptation.

Art is a big improvement(Elisa and Abby never looked so cute. Also Grey-sensei is cuter here compared to her more ladette look in the manga), but the arcs were jumbled and mixed around and a bit of character development and relationship were skipped.

Not sure whether this or the manga is truer to the source material, so I dont know how much spoilers is here:
(
)

Feb 1, 5:10 AM
Oct 2016
A good story and very moving.
Apr 17, 9:13 PM

Feb 2022
There was a lot of things I liked about this anime. Badass overpowered mc with tragic past, harem with cute girls, academy setting. But there was also some problems as well. I feel like they were rushing the world building much more than they needed to... what was the point of ray joining all those clubs? Why was there so much time spent on the magic Chevalier and school festival? Why they bringing in the empire as villains when we already had eugenics, which in the end, we didn't even see or learn all that much about.

There was a lot of time wasted, and the romance factor was very weak. The first 4 or 5 episodes were really solid but once the training for the magic Chevalier started things kinda took a turn for the worse.

Still, despite all that I would still call myself a fan, I haven't felt like this since completing an anime in quite a while, it feels great... I feel like I want to know and see more about this series and characters, I've gotten so invested.

I gave it a 6/10 because although I enjoyed it, it did have flaws which are too big to consider this a 7. If I could put 6.5 I would (I feel like that is more fair than 6)
May 24, 8:17 AM

Nov 2019
What was that ending, felt so abrupt. So many random fights and then Ray saves the day bringing everyone together with his chronos lock and release.

Magics war arc confirmed for the next season?

Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hyouken no Majutsushi ga Sekai wo Suberu Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 2, 2023

38 by katakumplat »»
Jun 16, 3:53 AM

Poll: » Hyouken no Majutsushi ga Sekai wo Suberu Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 9, 2023

48 by katakumplat »»
Jun 2, 9:42 AM

Poll: » Hyouken no Majutsushi ga Sekai wo Suberu Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 2, 2023

52 by katakumplat »»
Jun 1, 8:11 AM

Poll: » Hyouken no Majutsushi ga Sekai wo Suberu Episode 10 Discussion

AkeZZZ - Mar 9, 2023

28 by ST63LTH »»
May 24, 3:28 AM

Poll: » Hyouken no Majutsushi ga Sekai wo Suberu Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 23, 2023

40 by ST63LTH »»
May 23, 10:15 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.