Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (11) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Nov 9, 2022 12:21 PM
Jul 2020
Muy buen capítulo!
Nov 9, 2022 12:23 PM

Sep 2018
This episode was absolutely madness, I was speechless and asking myself if I were dreaming or something
I keep moving forward
Nov 9, 2022 12:27 PM
Nov 2020
Greatest Episode of this anime, here are the reason :
1- The build up for the episode is huge, the biggest fight for Mob !
2- The solution is not what I have exepected and it has a great message !
3- the fight is awesome, beautiful and creative, love it
4- The picture of Smile with the huge Tree Psycho behind is beautifull
5- The lie from Smile is magnificent
6- the ending is a beautifull song that give us the chills
Nov 9, 2022 12:32 PM

Feb 2014
This episode is a reminder of two reasons that makes this series an fan favourite.

The sakuga-animation and the character interactions.

The animation cuts for Dimple's struggle against the Psycho Helmet clones looked phenomenal. It kept me on the edge of my seat with how crazy the battle got. Dimple gave it everything that he had in order to keep Mob safe after their talk ended on a good note.

In the end, he was able to get Mob out of the broccoli while sacrificing himself to send the broccoli into space. It was when Mob was in his room, trying to remember what happened before thanking Dimple as he cried, was a sucker punch in the feels. He got me tearing up a bit, too. ='(

RIP Dimple. You'll be sadly missed from this amazing series...
Nov 9, 2022 12:41 PM

May 2018
rip Dimple you madlad T_T
Nov 9, 2022 12:47 PM
Jan 2021
i cry. If I could cry, with this episode, I would have cried. Amazing

Nov 2021
I loved the OST that played throughout the episode, does anyone know the name of the tracks? that animation was crazy too

Sep 2014
I don't know where to start with this... The sick animation and fight scenes? The great and well-placed OST? The character interactions along with Dimple's resolution as a character and his redemption? I just cannot find the words... That was perfection! Hopefully, Dimple will come back someday since he was never confirmed dead but even if that doesn't happen, I'm totally fine with that conclusion.
Nov 9, 2022 12:53 PM
Level 6 esper

May 2021
wow what. I did not expect that. So sad:(
Amazing soundtrack, animations and fights.
“Do what feels right in your heart. You will be criticized either way.” (Eleanor Roosevelt)
Nov 9, 2022 1:00 PM
Apr 2016
well the beginning was pretty anticlimatic
the episode sure was chaotic!
Nov 9, 2022 1:02 PM
Nov 2022
Perfect episode. Insane fight animation + made me cry.
Nov 9, 2022 1:06 PM
Sep 2020
epic episode, I loved it
Nov 9, 2022 1:16 PM
Oct 2021
The animation for this episode was great, the whole fight of Dimple against the psycho helmet was really good. I loved to see the character development in Dimple, he gave up on conquering the worlds and realized that what he really wanted was to have a friend who could understand him. RIP DIMPLE
Nov 9, 2022 1:23 PM
Dec 2021
Amazing episode!!! Algebraic lattices.
Nov 9, 2022 1:34 PM

Jul 2022
Such a good episode I want to cry. Mob handling the fight with Dimple calmly and the two of them reconciling was so sweet. Dimple being protective of him and letting him go off on his own was great. Very sad goodbye for Dimple.

End of the Divine Tree Arc. Looks like the next episode is the first part of at least two so perhaps the next arc is being dragged out to two episodes... Very excited. Love this show to death.
Nov 9, 2022 1:36 PM

Mar 2018
missile and trail sakuga is my favorite, you dont see it very often but when you do its mind blowing, great episode
Nov 9, 2022 1:44 PM

Jan 2008
#15 people were too overwhelmed by what happened
Nov 9, 2022 1:46 PM

Aug 2019
Wow, what a beautiful animation..
and I admit I cried a little, F...

Nov 9, 2022 1:47 PM
Aug 2021
Animation was godlike, extremely common Bones W
Nov 9, 2022 1:50 PM
Feb 2017
Phenomenal episode in a phenomenal anime.
Nov 9, 2022 1:53 PM
May 2020
Mechdemon421 said:
Man I loved it! I thought that ekubo and mob are gonna fight but instead we got something far more wholesome, literaly made me cry!

The animation wasn't the best but perfect to show the fight.

I hope ekubo is alive.

nah you tripping the animation was awesome
Nov 9, 2022 1:59 PM
Mar 2011
Very interesting episode. Sometimes we oversimplify and think we can see the whole picture while being 100% wrong.
Nov 9, 2022 2:00 PM

Oct 2018
Is it okay if I cry? Holy shit, why?
If you're a fanboy, please don't waste my time.

Watch more movies, please.

Kafka, Fu Xuan, Jingliu, Topaz and Huohuo.
Nov 9, 2022 2:04 PM
Mar 2016
Greatest of all time. Zenith of the medium. Hallmark of media. Gold standard of storytelling. Apogee of creativity. Vertex of invention. Crest of ingenuity. Acme of imagination. Pinnacle of innovation. Epic of epics. Legend among legends. Peak fiction. KINO.
Nov 9, 2022 2:05 PM

Dec 2016
Talk no Jutsu triumphs once again.

I'll be real here and by that I mean be straight out blunt. I don't like the execution of shifting the protagonism into Dimple in one single episode and him acting as a martyr for the mess that he created in the first place, mostly because it's quite a very common trope, along with the one of an entity that gains concience in the last minute and becomes a real threat.

I still like this arc because of the tanglible growth on Mob. I just don't like the conclusion of it and how emotionally manipulative the last scene is, after Dimple betrayed Mob, Reigen, Hanazawa and everyone else's trust.

Also, what the heck happened to Serizawa? He never came back after episode 3.
KimurahNov 9, 2022 2:09 PM
Nov 9, 2022 2:06 PM
Jun 2020
EKUBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Nov 9, 2022 2:09 PM

Sep 2014
Half expected this, half surprised me anyway. Mob is just such a GOATed show. Even talk no jutsu is handled well, even though it is a massive trope in itself by now.

Is Dimple really gone now? Did he fly with the broccoli to space because he knew it couldnt get contained on earth now that it is conscious? Wow. I had a bad feeling about this..

"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Nov 9, 2022 2:10 PM

Sep 2017
Great episode. Also probably one of the best fight scenes I've seen this year. I wish Dimple would've returned in the end..
خ
Nov 9, 2022 2:10 PM

Jan 2017
Kimurah said:
Reigen said he was in school... and knowing Serizawa he barely noticed anything happened or just took a candy just to avoid an awkward situation and was instantly brainwashed.

Kimurah said:
an entity that gains concience in the last minute and becomes a real threat..

It's not really "last minute" it was already foreshadowed last episode in the scene with Mob talking about the root of the broccoli being dangerous with the vision of Psycho Helmet trying to devour him.
*laughs in Dimple*
Nov 9, 2022 2:17 PM

Dec 2016
TheDarkMGames said:
Kimurah said:
Reigen said he was in school... and knowing Serizawa he barely noticed anything happened or just took a candy just to avoid an awkward situation and was instantly brainwashed.

Then what's the point of introducing a whole arc of a character as an antagonist, to later change his convictions and just make him take a back seat for no good reason? Sounds like a bad joke.
TheDarkMGames said:

Kimurah said:
an entity that gains concience in the last minute and becomes a real threat..

It's not really "last minute" it was already foreshadowed last episode in the scene with Mob talking about the root of the broccoli being dangerous with the vision of Psycho Helmet trying to devour him.

Foreshadowing is just the poor man's justification for deus ex machina outcomes. Proper writing would have settled this last minute and nameless entity with deeper roots in the early episodes.
Nov 9, 2022 2:19 PM
Sep 2017
the best episode of this show
Nov 9, 2022 2:21 PM
Jul 2020
At first, you might think this resolution is anticlimactic. However, it is honestly such a perfect show of Mob Psychos writing, being adult and real. Dimple isn't a villain because he's a villain AND we later get to know he's not even evil at all.
Him fighting against the hordes of enemies looked extremely good. And that ending... god...
Nov 9, 2022 2:28 PM

Jan 2017
Kimurah said:

Then what's the point of introducing a whole arc of a character as an antagonist, to later change his convictions and just make him take a back seat for no good reason? Sounds like a bad joke.

The reason is that he wouldn't have really added anything to this arc. This was Dimple and Mob's moment, and it's okay for the rest of the cast to take a backseat. Reigen and Ritsu need to be there because they're the two people Mob cares the most about, Hanazawa is the one powerful psychic that was smart enough to notice something was up with the Divine Tree and the girls needed to be there for the whole "getting carried away" plot as well as Mezato being the main link to the psycho helmet cult, but there was really no narrative reason for Serizawa to be involved in this situation.

Kimurah said:

Foreshadowing is just the poor man's justification for deus ex machina outcomes. Proper writing would have settled this last minute and nameless entity with deeper roots in the early episodes.

You're just saying this as if it's a fact, but it's just an opinion. Proper foreshadowing is more than enough to introduce narrative elements. Not to mention that you're using "deus ex machina" wrong, since that would be something beneficial for the main character, the correct term here, if you were even right, would be "diabolus ex machina". It was even explained from the very beginning that the energy from the people's worship was going into the broccoli itself, and Dimple was simply leeching off it. If you add that. the event with the roots I mentioned, and the Dragger last season being explained to be born from people's beliefs, this reveal doesn't come out of nowhere at all and it's perfectly consistent with the internal logic of the show.
*laughs in Dimple*
Nov 9, 2022 2:28 PM

Apr 2018
Kimurah said:
Talk no Jutsu triumphs once again.

I'll be real here and by that I mean be straight out blunt. I don't like the execution of shifting the protagonism into Dimple in one single episode and him acting as a martyr for the mess that he created in the first place, mostly because it's quite a very common trope, along with the one of an entity that gains concience in the last minute and becomes a real threat.

I still like this arc because of the tanglible growth on Mob. I just don't like the conclusion of it and how emotionally manipulative the last scene is, after Dimple betrayed Mob, Reigen, Hanazawa and everyone else's trust.

The Divine Tree would've gained sentience sooner or later even without Dimple meddling in, as it already had a massive following charging it with energy 24/7 long before he did the whole founder shtick (similarly to what happened with the Dragger back in Season 2). Dimple deserved to be punished, sure, but it's not like it was entirely his fault the broccoli became a threat.
Nov 9, 2022 2:35 PM
Oct 2020
i'm actually sobbing right now. dimple and mob's relationship is so underrated. when mob said he trusted dimple and that dimple trusted him from the start - that was so heartwarming. and the ending :( it is a beautiful ending for dimple's character arc, but i hope this is not the end for dimple.
Nov 9, 2022 2:35 PM
Jun 2020
Dimple M.V.P Nothing else to say
Nov 9, 2022 2:36 PM
Oct 2022
dimple went with a bang. i was not a fan of the season so far but this episode reminded me why i love mob psycho so bad and why season 2 is still one of my favorrite anime season of all time. this anime is truly bones passion project; you dont see this level of attention and care with MHA lol.
Nov 9, 2022 2:41 PM

Jul 2013
I've read the manga a few times so I knew it was coming.
But wow, Bone did this episode justice

and yeah. I cried. Dimple MVP
Nov 9, 2022 2:42 PM
Sep 2016
the writing and character evolution in this episode is astounding. They've done more in 6 episodes of 1 season than most animes made in the last 5 years can do in 24eps
Nov 9, 2022 2:43 PM

Apr 2016
Definitely one of the best episodes of the series! It really is beautiful to see Dimple's character development, from fodder villain to comic relief mascot character to Mob's actual friend. Really great stuff!
The battle sequence with Dimple against the Divine Tree creatures was incredible as well!
Nov 9, 2022 2:43 PM

Dec 2016
TheDarkMGames said:

The reason is that he wouldn't have really added anything to this arc. This was Dimple and Mob's moment, and it's okay for the rest of the cast to take a backseat. Reigen and Ritsu need to be there because they're the two people Mob cares the most about, Hanazawa is the one powerful psychic that was smart enough to notice something was up with the Divine Tree and the girls needed to be there for the whole "getting carried away" plot as well as Mezato being the main link to the psycho helmet cult, but there was really no narrative reason for Serizawa to be involved in this situation.

You're deflecting my point in this particular case. He's being taken out of the picture either out of poor writing or as a cheap joke. Either if it's not in the source, the director should had given a proper reason for Serizawa to be taken out of the picture when even other less important plot characters ("show don't tell", rather than just make guesses as you made in the previous reply) such as Mezato, Tsubomi and others had their time (even if it was small) under the spotlight.

Serizawa also has his strenghts and even if he's probably not as a strong psychic as Hanazawa I would like to think he would either had put some fight against the tree's brainwashing or would had even be part of the counter attack just like Hanazawa did. My point is that he was taken away without a good reason to. Edit: And if he was meant to be easily brainwashed like the rest of psychics, the animators should had made a short scene of him appearing as part of the brainwashed mob.

TheDarkMGames said:

You're just saying this as if it's a fact, but it's just an opinion. Proper foreshadowing is more than enough to introduce narrative elements.

This is also just like "your opinion".

This boils down to pretty much personal preference on how much each person likes characters and events be introduced into a fictional work. If you're okay with just basic foreshadowing to provide a foundation for this outcome of an antagonistic entity, by all means. I just don't, and we can leave it at that.

TheDarkMGames said:

Not to mention that you're using "deus ex machina" wrong, since that would be something beneficial for the main character, the correct term here, if you were even right, would be "diabolus ex machina". It was even explained from the very beginning that the energy from the people's worship was going into the broccoli itself, and Dimple was simply leeching off it.

That's just you being pedantic and that doesn't counter my point that it was pretty last minute. And like I said in my quote, if YOU are okay with basic foreshadowing as foundation, that's just on YOU.
KimurahNov 9, 2022 3:02 PM
Nov 9, 2022 2:52 PM
Mar 2018
No this was one of the most emotional episodes yet. My heart is hurting!!!
Nov 9, 2022 2:53 PM

Dec 2016
HorseManPerson said:
Kimurah said:

He barely had any convictions when it came to his dream of 'ruling over the world'. In Episode 1 when he started his plan, he had no giant speech, he just said 'Welp.. Guess my time has come'. Additionally, in Episode 4 when he had practically achieved his dream, his blank gaze while floating on top of the broccoli as he watched his followers implied that he found no enjoyment in being their leader. The arc may have introduced Dimple as the antagonist, but Dimple has time and time again shown that he cares for Mob so he had no reason to hurt/kill him.

So to refute your point, Dimple changing his convictions wasn't that impossible since his desire to 'rule the world' wasn't that strong anyway (as stated in the paragraph above). Additionally, he didn't take a back seat for 'no good reason', he decided to stop because his desire to help Mob (or be friends with Mob) was stronger than his desire to rule the world. Dimple didn't stop his plans because he realises he was wrong, he stopped them because realised he'd rather be friends with Mob than rule the world.

Please learn to read in a more thorough manner before you make a reply.

My paragraph was talking about Serizawa, not Dimple.
Nov 9, 2022 3:01 PM

Jan 2017
Kimurah said:

Thyat's just you being pedantic and that doesn't counter my point that it was pretty last minute. And like I said in my quote, if YOU are okay with basic foreshadowing as foundation, that's just on YOU.

And now this is you deflecting my point and not addressing the fact there's enough elements setting up the fact the broccoli could become its own sentient being.

Kimurah said:
the director should had given a proper reason for Serizawa to be taken out of the picture [...]

Serizawa also has his strenghts and even if he's probably not as a strong psychic as Hanazawa I would like to think he would either had put some fight against the tree's brainwashing or would had even be part of the counter attack just like Hanazawa did. My point is that he was taken away without a good reason to.

But they did give a proper reason for him not being involved: He's at school, and it was explained it's a late afternoon school in previous episodes, which even makes it so he would be busy exactly during this conflict. Also, even Hanazawa could barely resist the brainwashing after eating some of the broccoli and had to vomit it to resist. I can't imagine Serizawa, with all his social anxiety, even trying to vomit in public even to resist that. Not to mention that despite his powers, he's not nearly as clever OR proactive as Hanazawa. AT MOST he would have asked Reigen what to do (remember that even when he sensed a powerful evil spirit in the doll back at the start of the season he didn't even say a word until Reigen asked about it), and Reigen being branwashed would have told him to just leave the tree alone. Serizawa is trying to become a better person, but he's much like Mob was in season 1 or even worse in that aspect, it's really hard for him to go against the current, making it extremely unlikely that he'd resist the social pressure of the cult even if there was no psychic brainwashing involved. Not mention that having him involved in this situation would add pretty much nothing to the story, it would pretty much just be padding.
*laughs in Dimple*

Jan 2022
Kimurah said:
HorseManPerson said:

He barely had any convictions when it came to his dream of 'ruling over the world'. In Episode 1 when he started his plan, he had no giant speech, he just said 'Welp.. Guess my time has come'. Additionally, in Episode 4 when he had practically achieved his dream, his blank gaze while floating on top of the broccoli as he watched his followers implied that he found no enjoyment in being their leader. The arc may have introduced Dimple as the antagonist, but Dimple has time and time again shown that he cares for Mob so he had no reason to hurt/kill him.

So to refute your point, Dimple changing his convictions wasn't that impossible since his desire to 'rule the world' wasn't that strong anyway (as stated in the paragraph above). Additionally, he didn't take a back seat for 'no good reason', he decided to stop because his desire to help Mob (or be friends with Mob) was stronger than his desire to rule the world. Dimple didn't stop his plans because he realises he was wrong, he stopped them because realised he'd rather be friends with Mob than rule the world.

Please learn to read in a more thorough manner before you make a reply.

My paragraph was talking about Serizawa, not Dimple.

Damn. My bad.

I made my point based on your original comment, but I falsely assumed you were talking about Dimple, not Serizawa, which is why I quoted that specific sentence and then edited the comment to fit around that sentence.

Now if you'll excuse me I'm going to go correct my ADHD tendencies by slamming my head into a brick wall.

P.S. I watched the episode and I don't want to post another comment. So yeah, the episode was amazing. 5/5
HorseManPersonNov 9, 2022 3:22 PM

𝘣𝘰𝘫𝘢𝘤𝘬 𝘩𝘰𝘳𝘴𝘦𝘮𝘢𝘯 𝘪𝘴 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘣𝘦𝘴𝘵 𝘢𝘯𝘪𝘮𝘦

Aug 2014
What he really wanted wasn't power, fame or anything like that. He wanted a friend

An absolutely fantastic 100/10 arc once again and the character growth from everyone is just insane.

Loved Ekubo (Dimple). What a character he was
"Even if it has good reviews, if I don't like it then it is shit"

-Some random anime character
Nov 9, 2022 3:02 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Mob just slowly walking away while the earth-shattering sounds of dimple clashing with psycho helmet to finish him off. Perhaps you could assume that dimple also brainwashed him enough not to hear anything, but I'd like to think that Mob has accepted the fact that there was nothing he could do, and that it was Dimple's turn to hold all the responsibility, to pay for his actions and to redeem himself.

NYANPASU
5700XT

Nov 9, 2022 3:03 PM
Jan 2020
i cry TwT TwT TwT!!!!!!!!!
Nov 9, 2022 3:03 PM
Jul 2018
This episode was like a rollercoaster ride. Starting was good FUNNY!

FIRST HALF:

But after opening, the conversation between Shegeo 'n Godly Dimple *who looks like Golden Frieza*

That was truly touching, Shegeo is innocent but he did realise that somewhere he was preoccupied by his powers, probably that's why he released his all powers 'n faced Dimple more like a friend 'n Dimple realised too, that he just wanted a friend cuz he felt alone.

BUT- How Dimple turned from an antagonist 'n sided Mob, that felt a lil rushed. I wasn't expecting that but whatever at this point even flaws are not worth noticing.

SECOND HALF:

As expected, Dimple was brainwashed too. Viewers were pretty sure that, there is a mastermind behind all this who's controlling everyone including Dimple.
Full of action, can't get more excited. Dimple fighting that Brocolli Helmet Leader was just amazing!

Animation, Visuals, Camera Directions and every other thing was just awesome in this scene.
(but in full episode)

Last 2 Mintues: were really emotional, Dimple didn't want Shegeo to see his condition after fighting that Brocolli Helmet Leader n wanted to keep him safe 'n
my heart truly skipped a beat when "Shegeo was walking 'n that Brocolli Helmet Leader was giving DEATH STARE to Dimple 'n last scene was...

Overall, Great episode this week. Can't ask for more!

Kudos to everyone who was involved in this.
Respect+
Nov 9, 2022 3:17 PM

Dec 2016
TheDarkMGames said:

And now this is you deflecting my point and not addressing the fact there's enough elements setting up the fact the broccoli could become its own sentient being.

You have NO POINT in the first place other than make my claims appear as an OPINION but placing yours as a FACT. If you want to go this slippery slope, I just advise you not to, because you're going to have build a strong and thorough case on why your bar should be the benchmark for everyone else's.

TheDarkMGames said:

But they did give a proper reason for him not being involved: He's at school, and it was explained it's a late afternoon school in previous episodes, which even makes it so he would be busy exactly during this conflict.

Like I said, this is poor reasoning for me. If you're okay with that, go for it. But don't shove it down my throat as undeniable gospel that everyone else should abide to, because it sounds more like you're preaching.

Also Serizawa being at school feels like you're grasping at straws to come up with a good explanation for taking him out of the picture.

TheDarkMGames said:

Also, even Hanazawa could barely resist the brainwashing after eating some of the broccoli and had to vomit it to resist. I can't imagine Serizawa, with all his social anxiety, even trying to vomit in public even to resist that.

And again, this is something I personally would had prefered if it was told with animation, not just expect the audience to fill in the blanks with guessing.

TheDarkMGames said:

Not mention that having him involved in this situation would add pretty much nothing to the story, it would pretty much just be padding.

I'm confused. You're very proactive with pushing basic foreshadowing as foundation for an outcome. But you call "padding" the play of a support character such as Serizawa that should probably had more weight in this current arc given that he was a huge part in the final arc of season 2. But then again, support characters like Tsubomi, Mezato, Tome and others had their time under the spotlight in this arc in order to be part of Mob's growth.
KimurahNov 9, 2022 3:24 PM
Pages (11) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mob Psycho 100 III Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 7, 2022

233 by Yoruw »»
Jun 26, 11:00 AM

Poll: » Mob Psycho 100 III Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 21, 2022

627 by tiomemorias »»
Jun 26, 1:38 AM

Poll: » Mob Psycho 100 III Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 16, 2022

163 by SatanicAngel25 »»
May 26, 3:17 PM

Poll: » Mob Psycho 100 III Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Nov 2, 2022

240 by jaesverse »»
May 26, 7:01 AM

Poll: » Which season of Mob Psycho 100 do you guys prefer?

MillerEvans23 - Apr 16

28 by JVskunkape »»
May 19, 8:57 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.