Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (18) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »
Oct 25, 2022 4:13 PM
May 2020
As my expectation
Oct 25, 2022 4:20 PM
Jul 2011
It was an amazing episode, I liked the way Denji fought against the Bat demon, and he understood the feelings of Power as she did the same
Oct 25, 2022 4:21 PM

Mar 2007
Maximum the Hormone is alive?
Oct 25, 2022 4:26 PM
Jul 2021
This episode was awesome. The impact of the animated battle sequence surpasses the original manga here, at least IMO. If the following episodes maintain this quality, it's going to be among my favorite anime this year.
Oct 25, 2022 4:26 PM
Feb 2021
Best Animation yet
Oct 25, 2022 4:30 PM
Dec 2021
awesome action scene a the end. Loved the music too.
Oct 25, 2022 4:34 PM
Aug 2018
DAN DAND NADNADNANDAN
Oct 25, 2022 4:38 PM
Dec 2020
For being an action anime. Csm nails everything except the action parts.

Idc about cgi but let it be consistent. Instead of half cg, half 2d. I can clearly see the difference and it's distracting.

And why the showing closeup shots while action is happening? I don't understand what is going on in fight.

For example: bat devil threw a rock at denji. Instead of animating the rock cutting into two pieces they simply added a frame of sparks and over.

Cutting the guts also a spark frame and a still frame. Over.

Why put so much care on talking scenes when you neglect fight scenes and cut corners.

Who cares about detailed clothing or unnecessary background character movements. If you fck up fights.
Oct 25, 2022 4:41 PM
Mar 2021
no puede haber nada mas perfecto
Oct 25, 2022 4:43 PM
Jun 2020
The 3d stuf was way better in the last episode rather than the first one. Liked how wried the monster was. and the characters and music all really cool. Wish it wouldve been giving just as much time as Jijutsu kaisen with the animation part.
Oct 25, 2022 4:44 PM

May 2017
story was pretty bland in this episosde. first two episodes were miles ahead story wise. most of the action was incredible but yea the cg is distracting..
Oct 25, 2022 4:53 PM
Jun 2017
best ending so far
Oct 25, 2022 4:53 PM

Aug 2020
nlnyukio said:
tone is really off. really concerned about where this adaption is going. the op seems to be understanding and capturing the tone of the manga perfectly and then the actual show is just WAY too slow and serious and for what. yeah the manga deals with a lot of heavy shit but it’s also about a teenager who grows chainsaws from his arms and won’t stop talking about wanting to score, it’s aware of how silly some stuff are cause the horror and humor fuel each other constantly (🍔 iykyk). have some fun with it. idk how they’re gonna pivot from this to something more fitting but damn I hope they do, this episode was a major disappointment in terms of adaption

I feel you. Some major plot moments seem too drab or not hard hitting but direction wise it's still top notch for me. I totally get your disappointment tho
Oct 25, 2022 4:56 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
It goes without saying, the Bat Devil fight looked amazing lol, it doesn’t even matter that Chainsaw Man is CG, the CG is also fantastic, it blends so well with the animation. Not only did it look amazing, the fight was really cool as well, the Bat Devil betraying Power and eating her and her cat definitely helped with wanting to see his ass get shredded and thankfully Denji delivered that justice. I also liked the irony of Power telling Denji that humans are foolish only for herself to be fooled seconds later lol, rip the cat tho, I hope the fact it was in a cage means it’s okay.

Also loved the comedic bits in this one, Denji getting promised a feel of Power’s boobs immediately changing his mind about cats was great lol. Also gotta respect the cameraman for holding on Makima’s ass so long in the beginning. And yet another awesome ED, a very cool song and beautiful visuals to go with it, my playlist is ever expanding with this show lol.
Oct 25, 2022 4:57 PM
Jun 2021
MOMMY POWER UWAAAAAAAAAAAA
Oct 25, 2022 4:58 PM

Oct 2015
Enough 5/5 episode because insane ending song by Maximum the Hormone.
Oct 25, 2022 5:00 PM

Aug 2021
the meowy storyline was one of those things from the manga that i kinda forgot about and i don't really remember enjoying this sequence much in the manga but i definitely enjoyed this episode a lot
Oct 25, 2022 5:02 PM
Apr 2021
gud its gud pretty gud
Oct 25, 2022 5:04 PM

Nov 2017
First of all, i like this episode a lot, love when Denji said that he'll never gonna had a good relationship with Power, but in the end this Duo gonna be awesome partner with Aki too.

and the ED IT'S TOO FUCKING GOOOD, c'mon it's MAXIMUM THE HORMONE nothing can beat their madness when they make a song especially for Nao voice it's so perfect with the ED transition, and I'm happy because this song is also the soundtrack in the anime !!
Oct 25, 2022 5:09 PM
Jan 2022
I didn't like the episode until Denji started fighting the bat devil, then I liked it. But the beginning kept reminding me that Denji isn't actually super cool and is just a big loser who wants to touch some boobs.
Oct 25, 2022 5:13 PM
Jul 2019
BAT DEVIL CRUSHED! seeing this arc come to life in animation was beautiful I was having so much fun watching the fight I was even screaming along with Denji when said he hasn't coped a feel yet. GREAT EPISODE!
Oct 25, 2022 5:14 PM
Mar 2019
Ah!! to be a Teenager again, only obsessed with getting some Boobs.
Oct 25, 2022 5:15 PM
Jul 2020
Fight was amazing
Oct 25, 2022 5:15 PM
May 2022
The fight scenes were well animated
still the cgi blends in well, cant tell if it was even used.
Oct 25, 2022 5:16 PM
Sep 2016
boobas all the way
Oct 25, 2022 5:20 PM
Feb 2022
wasn't blown away by the fight was pretty mid
Oct 25, 2022 5:34 PM
Feb 2022
Denji y Power son lo mejor de este show.
Oct 25, 2022 5:38 PM
May 2021
im creaming my pants
Oct 25, 2022 5:42 PM

Sep 2020
man i loved it when dennis chainsawed all over the place
Oct 25, 2022 5:43 PM

Jan 2022
I don't like the battle scene in this episode, if I'm honest, watching the battle scene in this battle is the same as watching the Battle Transformers scene which I think is uncomfortable to look at and makes my eyes tired, especially when fighting with an approaching camera.

I hope it's not like this in the future.

Not bad 3/5
“Life is never boring, but some people choose to be bored.”

— Wayne Dyer
Oct 25, 2022 5:45 PM
Oct 2021
estuvo hermoso, me encanto y la animación Diooos, y el ending ni se diga 10 de 10!!!
Oct 25, 2022 5:46 PM
Jun 2013
If only they wouldn't use cgi on Denji's head this would be pretty much perfect, they don't need to use that but they do for reasons, because you just can not notice that cgi chainsaw head during the action sequences, it's like everything else is top notch but that head keeps popping out in the middle kkk

The ending was great, should be the one for the entire season.
Oct 25, 2022 5:51 PM
Aug 2021
For the record told you’ll it was gunna animate the rest of volume 1 😭
They have not missed yet with the endings 🔥🔥🔥
This one was fire af fr🔥
Oct 25, 2022 5:54 PM

Jan 2021
Why didn't power punch that demon bat guy. She's stronger than him, he's weak AF. She also could have snuck in and stole it from him.
Oct 25, 2022 5:57 PM
Jan 2021
went hard as hell.
Oct 25, 2022 5:57 PM
Oct 2019
Love the story! Probably the funniest episode yet. Even though I was already sold on Power's VA, this episode Ai really showed that she is more than capable of playing the character. In terms of animation, the 3D looks great. Imo it was just a little iffy in the first episode, but it looked awesome in this one. The 2D on the other hand I have a few complaints about. Now when it comes to the individual frames themselves, they were absolutely stunning, better than I thought they were gonna be. My issue is with the motion of the 2D. There are too many freeze frames, too many zoom ins and the overall motion was lacking making the movements a little stiff. While it the fight was still impressive, I can't help but feel that it had a bit of a slideshow feel to it. Still fantastic episode, the soundtrack was on point as per usual. ED was my favorite so far, like this is what I had in mind for a chainsaw man ED, crazy, colorful visuals, a chaotic rock song, absolute perfection.
Oct 25, 2022 5:58 PM

Jan 2013
My man Denji is getting used by everyone :/
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Oct 25, 2022 5:58 PM

Jul 2013
Funny how Power tried to blame Denji for the kill on that Sea Cucumber devil from the last episode. But as tough as she seems to be, she acted really nervous in front of Makima. Nice shot on that booty btw.

In learning more about Power and how disgusted she always felt about humans and devils, her behavior at the beginning kinda made sense. Interesting enough that she was able to build a relationship to a cat. The same weird case like it was with Denji and Pochita. Damn what an offer for Denji. Killing the devil who's holding Power's cat captive in order to fondling her chest almost sounded too good to be true.

Was Denji actually sitting in a train with his axe? lol

Makima's example about a Coffee Devil most likely being weak and for a Car Devil it being the complete opposite made a lot of sense, even if it's pure logic. Let's say that she acknowledges the potential of Denji cause chainsaws are freaking scary.

If Denji were a normal human, Powers plan would have been flawless. But the tiny fact that the Bat Devil got so disgusted by the taste of Denji's blood made the situation even worse. Since both, the cat and Power got eaten I have the feeling that she was able to protect her little kitty (okay that sounds almost weird) :D

Denji vs the Bat Devil had amazing action, not only because of the animation, but also choreographic wise. Especially that last shot of Denji looked so incredible.

The third ED was by far the most freaky one so far.

Oct 25, 2022 6:06 PM

Mar 2010
The fight felt awkward and the story was silly.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Oct 25, 2022 6:12 PM

Apr 2017
I don't get it lol. Why did Power just let the bat take away her cat? Is she so weak? Doubt so. She murders everything she has seen, yet she let an injured bat to take away her pet/food. Like wtf? That's so dumb.
Oct 25, 2022 6:15 PM
Jan 2021
Masterpiece, what can i say
Oct 25, 2022 6:17 PM

Jul 2016
Xystus said:
I don't get it lol. Why did Power just let the bat take away her cat? Is she so weak? Doubt so. She murders everything she has seen, yet she let an injured bat to take away her pet/food. Like wtf? That's so dumb.

I dont think Power is strong lol. Also clearly bat devil more strong than her.
Oct 25, 2022 6:20 PM
Oct 2022
great episode, starting to like power, great battle cry from denji
Oct 25, 2022 6:23 PM

Jan 2011
feel like my worries are still firm on Mappa keeping the tone of this far too heavy/serious , it was a decent episode , all these early arcs aren't all that great so most of my enjoyment is just seeing a different perspective since it's animated

odd complaint but i knew they were gonna beautify the people of the world to some degree lol while the dude in the car was quite ugly most of the people in the manga weren't lookers and kinda just looked like average people

watched the ED last night and i ruined the surprise not to say the themes in the show it's self aren't good but that ED is what i pictured the OP would be and would've been the highlight for me
Oct 25, 2022 6:27 PM
Apr 2017
VRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUM RANDANDANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN VRUUUUUUUUUUUUUN VWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON VWEUEUNE UENEANENEAENARNANANADANDANANDDANANDNANANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN
Oct 25, 2022 6:30 PM
Jul 2016
Best Mappa's ever looked
Oct 25, 2022 6:36 PM
Nov 2016
Another pretty good episode, visuals are excellent as always, MAPPA doesn't disappoint there, the action scenes were pretty good on this episode too, not the best I've seen obviously, but pretty good nonetheless, the CGI was noticeable in the end but that's ok, at least the episode was good and the CGI was an improvement over that ugly CGI in the 1st episode. A bit of CGI here and there won't ruin it as long as they keep it to a minimum and this episode kept it to a minimum so yeah, it gets a pass from me.

The characters acting is pretty good and that Devil Girl is someone you can't trust that easily, I mean, she is a fiend, after all, I do think she let that Bat devil eat her too easy but I believe she did it on purpose to rescue her cat and Denji will see that she went that far to rescue her cat so he will understand and he will forgive her, as long as my man can grope some tits then he's good.

And Makima has scary eyes, her eyes are definitely not normal, something tells me she's a fiend of some sort too, a fiend characteristic is noticeable in the face, head, or some other body parts I assume and Makima has different eyes.
Oct 25, 2022 6:42 PM
May 2013
what can I say....Mappa chose well in spending all the budget on Power :>
Oct 25, 2022 7:06 PM
Jan 2019
simplesmente lindo demais
Oct 25, 2022 7:13 PM

Feb 2014
ED are pretty good but the first ED still the best for me.
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Pages (18) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Dec 27, 2022

995 by LuffyHammock94 »»
Jun 18, 11:17 AM

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Dec 6, 2022

583 by LuffyHammock94 »»
Jun 18, 11:14 AM

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Nov 29, 2022

1018 by LuffyHammock94 »»
Jun 18, 11:13 AM

» Manga art is bad ( 1 2 )

jooohnny_j - Nov 25, 2022

69 by 876_him »»
Jun 18, 8:40 AM

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Dec 20, 2022

390 by jojoham »»
Jun 17, 8:44 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.