Blue Lock
Available on Manga Store
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Oct 9, 2022 5:37 AM

Jun 2019
Syzler said:
Pre_Yum said:

It's almost as if I already mentioned something like this in my original reply but I guess people don't know how to read.

Its almost as if you wouldnt even have to call the premise dumb in the first place if you could have thought of a logical explanation in the exact same post hmm

Get off my dick bro... Why are you salty to begin with? Who hurt you?
Oct 9, 2022 5:58 AM
Jun 2020
Lol. Its said that Japan team is exceptional and one of best teams in terms of teamwork, also they have pretty solid players in all other positions other than striker. Also other positions will be raised through normal training, but strikers are different so they created this type of project to raise best one. Striker from Blue Lock would not obviously alone carry their team to wins, he is just key part that is missing, and Ego want to make him as special and good as he can in this project. Use your brain a little.
rxseeeOct 9, 2022 6:03 AM
Oct 9, 2022 6:19 AM

Feb 2020
i don't think its bad to have a great striker in the team who is flawless and this project aims at bringing a great striker (i forgot a team or a solo striker) so its viable
Oct 9, 2022 6:34 AM
Oct 2022
samsince04 said:
danielsalt said:

Man, you're wasting your words. Blue Lock is a work of fiction and the entire idea of egoism is just convenient to the plot. No one is arguing that egoism is effective in a sport that is obviously a team sport.
I don't know what you're trying to argue here, but there are literally real-life players that have made superb careers because of a big ego and an obsession with being the best player, some of which were even mentioned in the first episode of Blue lock. Some people would argue that a striker needs to think for himself in certain situations and I thought Blue lock has done a good job in showing that thus far.
True, and this is the most misunderstood part of the series. How come that a series focused on finding a missing piece and molding a striker turn into "the series promotes selfishness, is a failure as a sport series"? This is kinda concerning tbh
Oct 9, 2022 6:41 AM
May 2021
No need to compare real football with anime lol. I don't like sports anime at all. But the interesting take in this anime hooked me in cause it's not normal football
Oct 9, 2022 6:46 AM
Oct 2022
Kafka1221 said:
samsince04 said:
I don't know what you're trying to argue here, but there are literally real-life players that have made superb careers because of a big ego and an obsession with being the best player, some of which were even mentioned in the first episode of Blue lock. Some people would argue that a striker needs to think for himself in certain situations and I thought Blue lock has done a good job in showing that thus far.
True, and this is the most misunderstood part of the series. How come that a series focused on finding a missing piece and molding a striker turn into "the series promotes selfishness, is a failure as a sport series"? This is kinda concerning tbh

Low iq thats why. They cant even figure out that the national team already exists and they're just looking to replace the dog striker with the second Messi
Oct 9, 2022 7:19 AM
Nov 2019
DinoPapiro said:
Hashiriya_weeb87 said:
As I said before the weakest or second weakest continent in world of football is unfortunately Asia

Which ironic has the most population in the world haha

But it’s just football has been slow to develop over there

I mean back in 2002 World Cup japan and South Korea where hosts and they had average players and yet beat Italy and Spain… by penalties lol…
Controversially…. Some say South Korea paid the ref lol but those Italian fans…. Get angry at every thing
some say?? brother it was the biggest robbery ever, there is a reason why that guy isnt a referee anymore

Well look dude I agree but it was 2002 lol like hell

South Korea also robbed Spain in the quarterfinals lol not just Italy I remember I was a kid
Oct 9, 2022 7:22 AM
Nov 2019
DinoPapiro said:
Hashiriya_weeb87 said:
As I said before the weakest or second weakest continent in world of football is unfortunately Asia

Which ironic has the most population in the world haha

But it’s just football has been slow to develop over there

I mean back in 2002 World Cup japan and South Korea where hosts and they had average players and yet beat Italy and Spain… by penalties lol…
Controversially…. Some say South Korea paid the ref lol but those Italian fans…. Get angry at every thing
some say?? brother it was the biggest robbery ever, there is a reason why that guy isnt a referee anymore

Your Portuguese I am Spanish lol

But yeah it was 20 years ago now lol

I mean Portugal should of won euro 2004 what team they had

And yet defensive Greece won lol

The Luis figo team of 2004 I rate higher than 2016 lol
Oct 9, 2022 10:35 AM

Oct 2020
Hashiriya_weeb87 said:
DinoPapiro said:

Well look dude I agree but it was 2002 lol like hell

South Korea also robbed Spain in the quarterfinals lol not just Italy I remember I was a kid
Im just saying its not just "some say", everyone knows Italy and Spain were robbed, hell even the game against Germany was controversial, they just were much better.

I agree with what you said, i was just pointing that out
Oct 9, 2022 10:51 AM
Feb 2020
Maradona carried Argentina and Pele carried Brazil to the world cup final
mostly depending on individual skills and won the trophy.Messi and modric took their team to the world cup final and their team became runners up.

Haaland is amazing,,,but there will be always someone who's better.Take the lord as an example. Many people came and go, but Nobody has even reach the level of the Lord.We basically follow the fcking calender year from the year of the lord.
_bAbY_11Oct 9, 2022 11:09 AM
Oct 9, 2022 3:54 PM
Mar 2021
In order to win the world cup you have to have a very good squad, very good mentality, very good union between players and also, a bit of luck. Brazil's 1982 squad is arguably one of the best ever teams to ever play in the world cup, but unfortunately they didnt manage to win.
Oct 9, 2022 8:14 PM

Jul 2021
Its fiction dont take it seriously, but this anime is banger. Still Harry Maguire the goat best player ever
Oct 9, 2022 8:46 PM
May 2021
The Japanese team actually has some good players unlike Norway
Oct 9, 2022 10:49 PM
Nov 2020
vinowo22 said:
If having the best striker in the world gave a country the chance of winning the world cup then why while having haaland, Norway couldn't even classify in a group with turkey. Good teams have a balance between team work and individual skill, try good names without team work and you get a team like PSG. People who know about football, what do you think?

Ego said that the Japan players have good definenders midfielders but that country need a striker. The argumentation of Ego works only for Japan. In the next episodes the anime will explain it more in detail.
Oct 10, 2022 3:00 AM
Oct 2018
vinowo22 said:
If having the best striker in the world gave a country the chance of winning the world cup then why while having haaland, Norway couldn't even classify in a group with turkey. Good teams have a balance between team work and individual skill, try good names without team work and you get a team like PSG. People who know about football, what do you think?

Forget the anime, I am just here to say PSG is doing great this season and have amazing team work. Specially the forward 3, neymar, mbappe, messi have better teamwork than ever.
Oct 10, 2022 4:29 AM
Oct 2022
Unicr0ns said:
Its fiction dont take it seriously, but this anime is banger. Still Harry Maguire the goat best player ever
He did a lot to my team to win, he is truly a GOAT along with Trent Alexander-Arnold
Oct 11, 2022 8:04 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
vinowo22 said:
And CR7 proves this to be wrong as well because he single handedly carried Portugal to the 2014 World Cup

You're not wrong in saying how its a team sport yada yada, but please don't disregard just how much of an influence and impact that certain players like a Cristiano Ronaldo/Haaland/Messi/Salah/Benzema/Lewandowski/Mbappe can have on a team.

THAT'S the point of Blue Lock, Japan doesn't have a man that can take over a game and carry/lead his team to victory like what these guys do for their countries and clubs
Oct 11, 2022 12:30 PM

Dec 2019
Tokoya said:
vinowo22 said:
And CR7 proves this to be wrong as well because he single handedly carried Portugal to the 2014 World Cup

You're not wrong in saying how its a team sport yada yada, but please don't disregard just how much of an influence and impact that certain players like a Cristiano Ronaldo/Haaland/Messi/Salah/Benzema/Lewandowski/Mbappe can have on a team.

THAT'S the point of Blue Lock, Japan doesn't have a man that can take over a game and carry/lead his team to victory like what these guys do for their countries and clubs

The thing is while having a man that can take over games is key, that's solely not going to come close to international success. There's a reason why Messi and Ronaldo despite being huge for their country and having great individual performances and success internationally, neither have won the WC yet and Messi only won his first international team trophy last year with the Copa America. You need a great striker but without a great midfield, great defense and a great goalkeeper, and even a great manager and system. With even one of those missing, odds off winning trophies like the WC ain't super high (especially in these times). Maybe just some solid, deeper runs but not past the finish line. Japan wouldn't have enough with just a new elite striker created through this project to accomplish dreams there.
Oct 12, 2022 6:02 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
MangagnaM said:
Tokoya said:

The thing is while having a man that can take over games is key, that's solely not going to come close to international success. There's a reason why Messi and Ronaldo despite being huge for their country and having great individual performances and success internationally, neither have won the WC yet and Messi only won his first international team trophy last year with the Copa America. You need a great striker but without a great midfield, great defense and a great goalkeeper, and even a great manager and system. With even one of those missing, odds off winning trophies like the WC ain't super high (especially in these times). Maybe just some solid, deeper runs but not past the finish line. Japan wouldn't have enough with just a new elite striker created through this project to accomplish dreams there.
Except for South America and Europe, both the Copa America and the Euros are both seen as huge international tournaments that are comparable to the World Cup, and both of them has successfully carried their teams to being able to win them, so idk what your point is here? Its the same way club wise too with not only La Liga, Premier League, Serie A etc, but also numerous times with the World Cup of Club Football - The UEFA Champions League

Like I said, before, I'm not denying how important the other positions on the pitch are, all I'm saying is that the Forwards are equally as important as well and yet some of you guys are trying so hard to undermine that fact for the sake of the other positions lol
Oct 12, 2022 7:48 AM

Apr 2007
Not sure why some of you people are arguing over how 'flawed' the anime logic is - makes me wonder if you even watched the entire episode 1.

1) It's an anime, a work of fiction
2) It was mentioned multiple times that only 1 out of the 300 who survives the 'battle royale' will move on to the World Cup - i.e. they likely already have a National Team waiting for the best striker to join them
Oct 12, 2022 2:12 PM

Jul 2017
windborn said:
Not sure why some of you people are arguing over how 'flawed' the anime logic is - makes me wonder if you even watched the entire episode 1.

1) It's an anime, a work of fiction
2) It was mentioned multiple times that only 1 out of the 300 who survives the 'battle royale' will move on to the World Cup - i.e. they likely already have a National Team waiting for the best striker to join them
the only one who got the point here.
im not too good to speak english

.. -- / -. --- - / - --- --- / --. --- --- -.. / - --- / ... .--. . .- -.- / . -. --. .-.. .. ... ....

Oct 15, 2022 12:23 PM

Jan 2016
vinowo22 said:
MadanielFL said:
Pretty sure Salah carried Egypt on his own to the world cup in 2018.

It's a proof that sometimes one superstar player is enough to change a whole team, even if obviously they would never win the world cup.

Plus Norway is in Europe while Japan is in Asia, it's different levels of competition.

1. Yes, only to end up last with 0 points, couldn't even win against saudi arabia and they were like REALLY bad already
2. That further proves my point that the blue lock concept is flawed because winning the world cup is literally the point of the project, they literally said it like 20 times just this episode
3. You got a point but if Norway couldn't beat turkey in points despite them being no better than a decent team then they never had a chance of even getting too far in the world cup
Tbh it is definitely different. Like you're relying on teams that would not sniff the world cup without their superstar striker as evidence. In the universe of Blue Lock, Japan is a team that has made the top 16 and has been described to have many great components while lacking a striker. In this case, adding a player who's the best in the world would definitely give them a fair shot at winning. We also just got introduced to Sae Itoshi in ep 2 who apparently is a generational midfielder that's Japanese and I'm guessing would want to join the national team if they had a superstar striker he could pass to. The circumstances here are much different than real world Egypt/Norway.
Oct 15, 2022 12:29 PM

Feb 2021
k0rvus said:
vinowo22 said:

1. Yes, only to end up last with 0 points, couldn't even win against saudi arabia and they were like REALLY bad already
2. That further proves my point that the blue lock concept is flawed because winning the world cup is literally the point of the project, they literally said it like 20 times just this episode
3. You got a point but if Norway couldn't beat turkey in points despite them being no better than a decent team then they never had a chance of even getting too far in the world cup
Tbh it is definitely different. Like you're relying on teams that would not sniff the world cup without their superstar striker as evidence. In the universe of Blue Lock, Japan is a team that has made the top 16 and has been described to have many great components while lacking a striker. In this case, adding a player who's the best in the world would definitely give them a fair shot at winning. We also just got introduced to Sae Itoshi in ep 2 who apparently is a generational midfielder that's Japanese and I'm guessing would want to join the national team if they had a superstar striker he could pass to. The circumstances here are much different than real world Egypt/Norway.
Yeah, the Blue Lock project might not work for every country, but for a country like Japan who is already decent, they could actually win something.

After all the World Cup is not always won by the "best of the best", specially in 2018 when Croatia made the final (they were good but definitely not the second best team in that world cup)
Oct 15, 2022 12:49 PM

Dec 2019
Advocating for egoism in a team sport is stupid anyways lmao.
Oct 15, 2022 1:05 PM
Mar 2018
NubFix said:
Blue Lock's logic is flawed, but they did mention that Japan has first-rate teamwork, which other countries like Norway don't have.
And look at the current Japanese squad, they have great defenders like Tomiyasu and great midfielders like Kubo

But for forwards? They don't have anyone exceptionally quality ones. Blue Lock's project is to give birth to the best striker they ever had, with nothing to do with the whole squad of national team.

Kyogo Furuhashi who plays at Celtic is good, as is Daizen Maeda, guy never stops running. Celtic didn't do well in UCL but if you watch them every week they are solid forwards.
Oct 15, 2022 6:19 PM

Jan 2022
MadanielFL said:
k0rvus said:
Yeah, the Blue Lock project might not work for every country, but for a country like Japan who is already decent, they could actually win something.

After all the World Cup is not always won by the "best of the best", specially in 2018 when Croatia made the final (they were good but definitely not the second best team in that world cup)

Exactly right. Croatia, again while not a bad team, just happened to have a very very lucky draw, both in the group and knockout stages. They didn’t go up against a “big team” until the finals. They fought valiantly, but everyone could tell that the real world cup final was the semis between Belgium and France.

Same for England in the 2020 Euros. No way were they the 2nd best team in Europe. They just got a lucky draw. Sure you could point to Germany, but this was the same Germany that didn’t even make it past the knockout stages of the world cup 2 years before.

Could a Japanese national team with a super star striker eke out a win under similar circumstances? Of course. But that’s never happened before, at least when it comes to the world cup where the “best” team, or at least one of the better ones, pretty much always ends up winning in the end.
-insert NGE meme here-
Oct 15, 2022 6:29 PM

Jun 2013
I mean yeah, it's obvious that anyone who knows anything about football is well aware how flawed the premise is. I remember thinking the same and getting annoyed when I was reading the manga.
But then I reminded myself that it's just a unique and entertaining take on a soccer battle royale of sorts.
If you want 'real' football in your anime/manga then go read Ao Ashi, Be Blues or Giant Killing. Enjoy Blue Lock for what it is.
Oct 15, 2022 6:39 PM

Apr 2016
I mean, who said that kinda project would ever work? How can one single person in a 11 man sport ever be enough to fully carry a team into a world cup trophy?. I don't think it's even debatable. Every great player has had great players on his team. Messi had xavi and iniesta, not to mention puyol. Ronaldo had modric and kroos. It's always been like that. One striker is not enough.
Oct 16, 2022 3:18 AM
Nov 2018
vinowo22 said:

It's just a nonsensical battle royal at this point. Everything they said about football is either wrong or outdated. But I like the fact that the mangaka tried something different and I am going to watch it as a football death game rather than a 'Football Haikyuu'. So far it's entertaining but whatever they said about football is incredibly stupid.
Oct 16, 2022 5:33 AM

Aug 2020
Yes very true, let's just see how the story will develop...
Oct 16, 2022 5:38 AM

Feb 2021
Don't forget that this is fiction. I really doubt that this project can be productive in real life.
Oct 16, 2022 7:00 AM
Jan 2015
To put it on Perspective, this manga created to criticize on how Japanese national team play, while they are a good team none of them brave enough to be take a chance and always choose the safe option to pass and how there are no "leader" per say like Cristiano, Zlatan or Messi
Oct 16, 2022 8:06 AM

Oct 2017
This is why i dropped the manga a few years ago, the logic in this manga is way too flawed for my tiny brain to consume. The fact that i watch football everyday is just like adding fuel to the fire.
Hey you, yes you! Interested to be a decent human being? Then go outside and get a fucking life.
Oct 17, 2022 6:31 AM

Dec 2020
Agreed. It is flawed. It is good entertainment but doesn't make sense.
Oct 18, 2022 7:13 PM

Mar 2017
Japan's national team isn't as weak as Normay's, them having a player like Halaand would definetly get them better results, wouldn't win them a world cup though.
Oct 18, 2022 11:36 PM
Oct 2022
What flaw??u do know that Norway only have 2 good player in that team.. Haaland n Odegaard..so u cannot compare them to Japan at all...n not many of them ever get out from Norwegian league..n go to top5 league...while Japanese player...in their prime...always gonna go to one of the top 5 league to gain experience playing at the highest level...so no flaw at all...coz in Blue Lock...they do have good midfielder n defender...its just their striker is not clinical enough to lead the team
Oct 19, 2022 5:44 AM
Jan 2021
Coughs in Maradona 1986
Oct 21, 2022 7:48 PM
Jan 2018
vinowo22 said:

Just wait until after the second selection (probably season 3).
Oct 22, 2022 1:58 AM
Nov 2019
In theory the guy in the show isn't technically wrong. His idea is that the team that scores more goals wins, which is correct. So the purpose is to mould the perfect striker who doesn't have to rely on anyone. Likely one that can do everything themselves, that can dibble past anyone, that can score from anywhere. If a team were to have someone like that, then it's impossible to lose because that team will always score more than their opponents and negates the need for anyone else on that team.

The only reason why that doesn't work in the real world (cause OBVIOUSLY not all anime are realistic) is because there is no human that would ever be able to do that. Haaland may be able to score goals, but as his manager Pep said, he needs his teammates. If he could carry the ball all the way from defence and dribble past everyone to score, there would be no debate as to whether his team would win every match. But the thing is that we are humans. No one will ever be fit enough to last a full match whilst carrying the team on their own. No one will ever be technical enough to beat anyone they come up against. No one will ever be clinical enough to score majority of their chances.

The idea is unrealistic, but is in a sense true. It is a team sport because no one can do it themselves. But in theory, all it takes is one person who can keep scoring more than the opponent.

tldr; anime unrealistic but works in theory
Oct 22, 2022 3:32 AM
Mar 2020
actually ego never say abandon to team play but they cut some line in episode 1 where ego speech.

kinda confused that they cut this line. make some people misunderstanding about the concept.
Oct 23, 2022 4:48 AM

Feb 2021
nototakuorweeb said:
In theory the guy in the show isn't technically wrong. His idea is that the team that scores more goals wins, which is correct. So the purpose is to mould the perfect striker who doesn't have to rely on anyone. Likely one that can do everything themselves, that can dibble past anyone, that can score from anywhere. If a team were to have someone like that, then it's impossible to lose because that team will always score more than their opponents and negates the need for anyone else on that team.

The only reason why that doesn't work in the real world (cause OBVIOUSLY not all anime are realistic) is because there is no human that would ever be able to do that. Haaland may be able to score goals, but as his manager Pep said, he needs his teammates. If he could carry the ball all the way from defence and dribble past everyone to score, there would be no debate as to whether his team would win every match. But the thing is that we are humans. No one will ever be fit enough to last a full match whilst carrying the team on their own. No one will ever be technical enough to beat anyone they come up against. No one will ever be clinical enough to score majority of their chances.

The idea is unrealistic, but is in a sense true. It is a team sport because no one can do it themselves. But in theory, all it takes is one person who can keep scoring more than the opponent.

tldr; anime unrealistic but works in theory

It can be real also in life.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Blue Lock Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 17, 2022

206 by Mika_kun_ »»
Oct 10, 6:46 PM

» Season 1 recut into 3 eps on official YT subbed

JVskunkape - Oct 6

6 by JVskunkape »»
Oct 8, 1:38 PM

Poll: » Blue Lock Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Mar 25, 2023

364 by _Reiz »»
Oct 3, 1:27 AM

Poll: » Blue Lock Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 18, 2023

135 by Mersailia »»
Oct 1, 10:59 PM

Poll: » Blue Lock Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 11, 2023

190 by EspionageArcs »»
Sep 21, 4:01 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.