Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Jul 2, 2022 4:52 PM

Dec 2021
cedwino said:
What a piece of cr*p. What is the point of having main characters with so unappealing traits? No money for living expenses but available for cigarettes, a very twisted business sense and unable to deal by himself with the job but with an unrealistic pride. Well, it's fiction but those main characters are just annoying.

Dont forget they dont have money, they can pay 38k dollar and buy sleeping pill which cost around 17-30 dollar

Also anime use all trope as many as possible, we have older woman lover, we have yandere woman who horny af and mc dont give a f about, and we have particular loser mc and soon become powerful from certain flashback or something like that

Animation and Art appealing but story kinda make me vomit

3 episode rule now, Lycoris recoil somehow do better about story so far

Also fun fact : NO ACTION TAG
Jul 2, 2022 5:22 PM
作画

Nov 2019
lmfao, I hope this improves otherwise I highly doubt I'm gonna watch til the end
Jul 2, 2022 5:45 PM
Oct 2012
Amazing animation, really nice style - the kissing was weirdly good...

Bit too much of the characters being """"Cool"""", playing about in a dangerous situation.
In reality they're all rather bland, and even a little cringe.

I'll see where this goes but currently a solid 3/5 for the first ep.
The characters need to be less cringe or it'll be dropped by many within a couple of weeks.
Jul 2, 2022 6:29 PM
Feb 2021
A-1 picture really stepping up their game by delivering 2 of the original anime simultaneously that also with quality animation. Really loved the first episode and it has some great action. It also seems to be love triangle, well it sure is when you see the two cute girl fighting each other for MC affection. Somehow, it gives me the vibes of Takt op. Destiny or Guilty Crown but since it is the work of Saekano Author I am really expecting good thing from it. I will be pretty disappointed if it didn't turn out like that. In the meantime, THAT KISS WAS SO INTENSE. Hopefully we will get more of that from those two😂 Looking forward to the next episode.
Abysmal_Saint76Jul 2, 2022 6:33 PM
Jul 2, 2022 6:33 PM
Aug 2016
Krinnjjjj angnime mc moron man, and the girl more idiot then real life karen,i prefer kanokari then this, becoz that she more works hardly as real people then this sh!t
Jul 2, 2022 6:46 PM

Jun 2015
(Sigh...........) So, it's that kind of show. Hm, hmm... It can be a degenerate romcom with self-insert male lead, or it can be a Guilty Crown. For now, I know nothing about it. Be it plot, goals, and power system. Do they matter though? I don't think so, haha.

I'm reluctant to continue this. Well, let's see if I have the "courage" to watch episode 2.

P.S. That was a nicely animated kiss. I have to give the props regardless.
Jul 2, 2022 6:50 PM
Oct 2020
THAT SUCKED, but I could NOT LOOK AWAY. Also, sock-ooooo-guh.
Jul 2, 2022 6:56 PM
Jan 2017
first episode was ii dont know what happen here,
just a poor man who had no work for 3 month and not anything to eat for few days,, suddenly a girls worried about him, invit him dinner, back to home another girl is making another dinner, then demon came up,give girl hot kiss. the girl and the man beat it, building destoyed, and we know that girls wa very strong as rank A demon or whatever,,
just meh, i dont care about what gonna happen next,not make me curious, not gonna watch it,, more
Jul 2, 2022 7:03 PM

Jan 2021
All I'm gonna say is that I hope Shu gets some moments to shine and be badass. Way too many times have I seen this type of show where the guy is only there as a source of power for the girl, and he typically sucks when it comes to anything else, and is typically everyone else's punching bag. Let's hope at least some of that is different here.\

The animation was nice, typical of A-1.

Jul 2, 2022 7:07 PM

Oct 2021
This feels like a generic show before isekai era.

Really hope the main heroine is actually a yandere + a decent animation then maybe it could be worth it.
Jul 2, 2022 7:26 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
I liked it, definitely has some nice animation which is to be expected, and I enjoy the mix of weapons used during the fight scenes. First you got modern submachine guns, then you got futuristic looking guns, and then a hot girl with a sword-like weapon lol.

And so far I do like the characters based off their brief introductions here, Shu and Kisara’s relationship is an interesting one for sure, especially after seeing that kiss scene lol, I guess it is in the title of the show. And Ayano is a nice 2nd girl looks like, I liked her little waifu battle with Kisara lol.

But yeah this seems like an interesting one, I look forward to learning more about the plot because not much is explained here. And one of the great things about anime originals is that there are no manga readers to spoil it lol. And idk if that was the OP or ED we heard at the end but it’s always nice to hear halca!
Jul 2, 2022 7:28 PM

Aug 2020
high qual animation! Really enjoyed the fighting scenes.

» [The World's Continuation【世界のつづき】- UTA/Ado ♪] «
0:00 〇────── 4:55
↺ |◁ II ▷| ♡

Come and Join us!
Evil Club ψ
FuwaFuwa Sanctuary ✿
✿ DeaD Blossoms ✿
Jul 2, 2022 7:58 PM
Dec 2021
The SPICE that early though!
Jul 2, 2022 8:07 PM

Oct 2015
duuhh A1 really improving their original works in these days huh ? remember the disaster which called Qualidea Code ? It pretty awesome. Looking for more episodes.
Jul 2, 2022 8:54 PM
Oct 2021
"Should I just shoot them?" perfecty encapsulates how I feel about these characters
Jul 2, 2022 9:38 PM

Dec 2015
What the hell was this?
Jul 2, 2022 9:47 PM

Aug 2018
And here is the second one from A-1 Pictures that was to be released this season. It was very good, the animation in the fight was great, and the design of the girls are pretty.

Jul 2, 2022 10:01 PM
Jun 2022
Good fights scene but generic af. Next.
Jul 2, 2022 10:56 PM

May 2013
It was very nice, was really hyped for this cause of the creators of DAL and seakano writing it. Animation quality is great and Kisara already my best girl of the season, the story tho a bit confusing right now looks interesting but it will be carried by the waifus sooner or later anyway.

Also already love the chemistry between the characters especially ayano's and kisara's rivalry over shu, even in another universe tohka and origami still fight over the MC lol
Jul 2, 2022 11:02 PM
Apr 2021
just wondering are they (Shuu and Kisara) already making out or something? I mean the bed scene before he left for his job really caught me off guard lmao
Jul 2, 2022 11:05 PM
Jan 2020
People sure do hate harems lol
Jul 3, 2022 12:39 AM

Jun 2020
Lol. What is this? Future Diary 2.0 ?
Jul 3, 2022 12:44 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Guilty Crown, Takt Op Destiny, or something in between the two. But this is already TWICE as good as both of them combined.

And the Kiss in Engage Kiss isn't there for nothing. They totally nailed that part that's for sure .

I have no idea what's going on but it has piqued my interest just enough to give this the chance of at least two more episodes. If the sakuga will continue and even be just half as much as this first episode, then I think it will be worth it. Still a 50/50 on whether or not it's a drop, but if I do continue to watch, it will mainly be for A-1 Pictures who I think many including myself have developed a newfound respect for after the likes of 86 and Kaguya-sama. And I don't want to jinx it, but I do hope the rest of this looks as good as this first episode which was quite bomb might I say. That usually is the case, but I don't think A-1 will let us down.

The soldier asking if he was allowed to shoot them was the part that did it for me. Seems like the humour is a slight cut above the rest of generic-looking anime like this one. Anyway yeah, I'm going to be giving this the 3-episode rule for now.

NYANPASU
5700XT

Jul 3, 2022 1:48 AM

Oct 2016
Well, this seems fun so far, and I like fun. I thought that was a pretty good and interesting start, with some potentially good plot. I hope it keeps it up or gets even better.

Ah yes, the power of horny. Fun + Plot + Horny? Sign me up lmao. There's action budget, but boy have you seen that kiss budget? That was a ritual all right. Looking forward to see where this goes.
Jul 3, 2022 1:49 AM
Jun 2021
The animation of this first episode was actually briliant
There hasn't been any proper plot reveal in the first episode but still it was a decent premiere
Are we getting a Yandere here???
Anyways it looks exciting & I guess I will look forward to it
Jul 3, 2022 1:52 AM

Nov 2019
Thank you, A-1 Pictures, CloverWorks and Studio Trigger, for this collaboration.
SgtBateManJul 3, 2022 2:03 AM
Help! I need somebody. Help! Not just anybody. Help! You know I need someone. Helpppppp!

Jul 3, 2022 2:13 AM
Jun 2017
Wdtm86 said:
duuhh A1 really improving their original works in these days huh ? remember the disaster which called Qualidea Code ? It pretty awesome. Looking for more episodes.
If you don't know, that anime was made by Cloverwork's Fukushima team and has little to do with the current A1.
Jul 3, 2022 2:57 AM

Jul 2021
This is another of A-1's projects which has some potential. I'm not a fan of the whole love polygon and I get my eyes rolled everytime they're shown in its own execution, in this case, it's not really my cup of tea but you know what? Like my whole perception of those quarrels, I'd rather stick to the other aspect which is what these series have, that is the action. Gave me a lot of deja vu but was satisfying enough in such a way they're doing missions in such an elite place and humans getting infected by some curses is always a fun way to set up a whole dilemma. The sakuga were amazing though tend to be jarring at times but I'm just hoping this whole love polygon they're hinting at is rather an equal ratio to the part where it's tension and mysterious, thus gravitating. Halca with another hit song truly makes me happy too.
"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

Jul 3, 2022 3:05 AM
Nov 2020
So this is basically Val x Love. I dont really like it right now but lets see what happens.
Anyways SEGGGGS.
Jul 3, 2022 3:19 AM

Oct 2015
tuyetthan8x said:
Wdtm86 said:
If you don't know, that anime was made by Cloverwork's Fukushima team and has little to do with the current A1.

Thank you for your information.
Jul 3, 2022 4:13 AM

Oct 2014
A protagonist named “Shuu” and a pink haired heroine that can fight.
Is this intentional? LMAO
Jul 3, 2022 5:35 AM

Sep 2020
Really enjoyed this episode and it reminds me a lot of Takt Op. Destiny, thought, I hope that it doesn't fail to deliver like Takt. Op. Destiny did.
Jul 3, 2022 6:25 AM

Jan 2020
This more like Mirai Nikki than Takt. Op

Lets just hope MC doesnt much a wimp like Yuki is
Jul 3, 2022 6:51 AM

Mar 2018
There's alot going on, but the animation seems promising so I have high hopes for this.

halca on the OP :--)
Jul 3, 2022 7:14 AM

Oct 2015
Oh god, I see this waifu bait trend is starting to infest. Shikimori is enough.🙄

I'm smelling dookies dropping from this season. Except for Kanokari 2nd season.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Jul 3, 2022 8:06 AM

Aug 2018
Didn't like this episode, it kept flicking between not explaining itself or just being kinda uninteresting. Just reading the mal synopsis kind of shows how much just wast mention at all.

Also some please change the poster on mal, it is the wrong size and is super low quality
_______I like rocks__
Jul 3, 2022 8:20 AM

Jul 2014
I was so confused with the character relationships, why would they throw them in scenes like that right off the bat?
For a split second I thought Kisara was mentally deranged entering an abandoned apartment, cooking and talking to someone when she was clearly alone.
Why are both the FMC already head over heels for the MC? why are they paying for his shit? is he a swindler or something? did he trick them somehow? why does loli lookin vampire get a power boost when tongue kissed? WTF is this?
The character designs are cool and the animation is sick but other than that? WTF? at least give us even a LITTLE explanation on the character dynamics instead of just throwing troupes right off the bat.
Jul 3, 2022 9:11 AM

Jun 2013
Pretty generic but the animation looks good
Jul 3, 2022 9:38 AM

Mar 2014
Not too shabby but unfortunately I don't find any the characters interesting
Jul 3, 2022 9:48 AM

Dec 2019
Animation was crazy but thats what a-1 does lol

And that kiss tho that was hot lol

I really like the main girl
Jul 3, 2022 9:58 AM

Feb 2022
Is this anime is not based on any manga or LN ?

"War does not determine who is right - only who is left."
||Profile||----------------||Anime||----------------||Manga||
Jul 3, 2022 10:16 AM
Feb 2022
Totally clueless, but the girls are really good, also the quality of the battle scenes.
It seems to be 26 episodes as a half-year series, so I think the story can go further and deeper. I believe in Maruto-sensei.

Edit:
When Kisara came out with her single wing, the One-Winged Angel was played in my mind, LMAO.
Jul 3, 2022 11:05 AM

Sep 2018
I am getting vibes similar like Takt OP Destiny or Detective is already dead which were garbage, but had a interesting start. Hope this isn't going to be another example. Nevertheless, pretty wacky start.
Jul 3, 2022 1:30 PM
Oct 2019
This was a waste of time. Im not sure what happened in the first 8 minutes. I get that we wanted to introduce the two “eye candy” girls but I honestly can’t think of a more boring way to introduce them. I hate how they present the main guy as poor and all but then has girls willing to pay for his stuff so its like what’s the point of him being poor? A quick laugh? I didn’t laugh. I still don’t understand the whole auction thing? Was it supposed to be whoever bid the lowest?? Then the 2nd half of the episode was kind of cool but not enough for me to actually watch. The whole thing about the two girls trying to kill each other for the main guy was actually difficult to watch.. oh god it was cringe. The kiss scene was.. honestly I don’t know because I skipped it. What a boring way to get power to appeal to the incels. Atleast go all the way like seikon no qwaser where they have the guy get powers by breastmilk if were going to do the whole fanservice thing anyway. Bright and vibrant lights flashing and then it comes to an end. This whole show is going to be on the crux of these “eye candy” girls and thats so boring. Ima watch one more episode hoping to be proved wrong (which I won’t and I know it) but otherwise, dropped.
Jul 3, 2022 2:27 PM
Jul 2020
I'll be following it closely, that's for sure. A lot of the jokes landed quite well, and some of the animation is insane. I think it'll be enjoyable no matter what happens, my main cocern is that it'll lean too hard into the horniness and fanservice in the future. Good comedy and action, with limited makings of a pretty competent story. A-1 lowkey running saturdays this season.
Jul 3, 2022 3:07 PM

Apr 2016
Wild sakuga, but that's about it. The girls are alright, but the protagonist seems like an annoying POS so far. It's above average.

See y'all next week!
Jul 3, 2022 3:23 PM
Sep 2008
Until half of the episode I though it was meh, but now it is below that.

And the MC isnt likeable at all.
Jul 3, 2022 3:33 PM
Sep 2008
Yveltal1612 said:
Well so much to "slapstick romantic comedy"... this was a rather disappointing first episode.
The first 8 minutes play out like a more or less average harem show, so much so that I had to pause the episode and leave the full screen mode to make sure I was still watching the same show, when suddenly demons popped in.

In those 8 minutes we got a first impression of the characters:

Interestingly enough as soon as I saw the demon I immediately thought to myself "hmm so the pink haired girl is a demon then?" since we saw her earlier breaking into the MC's apartment I a way that gave me the impression she teleported in, and turns out, yes she is...

Also, am I the only one who was reminded of the JJK special curses (or whatever they're called) when seeing the demon?

TLDR: 2 out of 5: Disliked it (your vote)

EDIT:
credit where credit is due, the show looks really good. Visually there is hardly anything negative to point out.

You got pretty much the structure of the serie I would only add that the blue haired girl most likely is the childhood friend of the MC, that she is in love with him but she cant win.
Jul 3, 2022 5:42 PM

May 2019
Lelouch0202 said:
Went into this blind, in the beginning I thought this was some kind of rom-com where the MC was some sort of aspiring author. Somehow my opinion of the MC worsened when I saw and thought he was leeching of those two girls.

Then when he put on those shades and teleported into some virtual meeting, I thought it was some kind of Sci-Fi setting where he was some sort of detective who was out of work, then when the demon showed up and they started fighting I thought it was some weird sci-fi fantasy action rom-com.

Then they hit me the glorious kissing scene power up and really the only thing I could think was "Oh, it's one of those shows".
Hey, at the very least I'll watch it for the cute girls and the kissing scenes, hopefully they hit us with some more of that goodness.

Production seems really good, A-1 really bringing it home these days with the quality.

That was pretty much my experience too, I had no idea what to expect besides what the brief synopsis has. I really thought this was going to be a slice of life with "slapstick romantic comedy" lol. They really need to at least add "Action" to the genre tag and probably a couple of more tags. I still enjoyed this first episode as the production values are high and the kiss was the highlight. Someone else mentioned this may be a 26 episode anime so I'm imagining that we'll get a lot more backstory on how these 3 people came to know each other, at least I hope so.
Jul 3, 2022 6:59 PM
Oct 2019
bruh

went blind on this and it has been such a roller coaster of an analysis. i had my fun, expecially on the kissing scene and the ending (i always fond myself over some concrete jungle scenery). the delivery of its writing and animation are super good too. MC is half a*shole, half based, he is watchable at least. it seems like the world building is expanding to a much bigger scale, who knows? i did dropped takt op on ep 4 because of its writing but i definitely have high expectation on this.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

» season 2, just a thought (frieren continuation to engage kiss)

weeaboo5008 - Today

3 by ehimmel »»
Today, 2:10 AM

» will engage kiss get season 2 in this year or it is still not  confirmed by official sources

FL-SYNC - Mar 26, 2023

45 by deg »»
Today, 12:15 AM

Poll: » Engage Kiss Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 24, 2022

132 by susEtrashWeeb »»
Jun 4, 9:24 PM

Poll: » Engage Kiss Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 10, 2022

78 by spicarie »»
Apr 17, 4:08 AM

Poll: » Engage Kiss Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 27, 2022

93 by spicarie »»
Apr 17, 12:47 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.