Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »
May 8, 2022 12:20 PM

Mar 2014
kuroneko99 said:
boring. It seemed just a filler episode.

My thoughts exactly, like what does this whole thing have to do with the mission or story ???
May 8, 2022 12:26 PM
Dec 2020
The fights scenes in this anime are honestly so much better than some of the super serious, action-based anime I've watched. I love this show so much already!
May 8, 2022 12:29 PM
Oct 2020
Great episode! ANYA 💖
May 8, 2022 12:42 PM

Mar 2017
This was my fave episode so far 🤩

Seeing Yor drunk was hilarious, especially when she went full assassin skills on Loid 😆

I love Loid & Anya’s bond… so much like father and daughter already. Every time he’s loving and fatherly to her I feel my ovaries explode 😂
May 8, 2022 1:11 PM

Feb 2022
I just kept thinking "wow this has to be costing a fortune to get all those agents there so quickly " then the women hands in the expense report which got me. This show is so goofy but somehow pulls it off. Nice little animations moments throughout too, that Yor flight was great.

Given what we've seen from the show so far and the literal title of the show Spy x FAMILY, I don't really get the people saying this feels like filler. The show is about quirky characters trying to be a family for the sake of spying yes but every episode at it's core shows a journey for these characters who were alone to find a piece of themselves by being together. Anya never having a family that accepted her. Loid being completely focused on helping his country and finding new things to care for. Yor finding someone who can accept her and giving her some normalcy. Having an episode focus on furthering their bonds and doing it in an over the top way like this was perfectly measured tone wise to the episodes we've seen so far. Plus not every episode needs to further the stories main mission certainly when this show seems more about the journey than the end goal.
DroebieMay 8, 2022 1:26 PM
May 8, 2022 1:16 PM

Apr 2020
Things the CIA will never do! Parents of the year >

May 8, 2022 1:21 PM
Jun 2019
Phenomenal episode as always
Anya "Go gakun?" Dance Ritual

I love the extra extra addition and content they made to the whole Loidman saves Anya play. In the manga, it was pretty simple. This truly shows Wit and CloverWorks' love for this show.
If you didn’t know, the entire question parts, the slide, balloons, “costume”, spy fights, and the chase are entirely anime original.

That’s one strong belt right there

No one is gonna kidnap Miss Anya on my watch!

I guess this confirms that Yor can beat Loid in a straight no preparation fight

And next episode we finally get to see the face
Graduated High School in May of 2022. Summer vacation has finally arrived. I have once again regained the power of a new anime fan, being able to watch multiple anime episodes in a day. Time to binge-watch every single anime I can into the night until college arrives. SADGE. SUPER SADGE... College has begun as of Monday, August 30, 2022, so you won't be seeing me much around these parks. See you on weekends, I guess... School me is back. Sigh! I'll at least try for one anime a day with all this course load.
May 8, 2022 2:02 PM

Aug 2016
While perhaps the weakest episode so far, especially in the plot department, it says something that despite all that I still had a smile plastered on my face for most of the episode. That being said, I do hope future episodes aren't so fillery.

May 8, 2022 3:16 PM
Jan 2021
Five words. Drunk Yor is the best!
May 8, 2022 3:20 PM
Nov 2018
RedChrome said:
kuroneko99 said:

My thoughts exactly, like what does this whole thing have to do with the mission or story ???

+1, this show is not bad but overhyped
May 8, 2022 3:53 PM

Nov 2021
amazing episode, loved it!!!
May 8, 2022 4:25 PM

Apr 2010
what a shitty boring filler episode this was ? I'd rather watch lupin (this reminds me I still have to finish this season)
Can you ppl stop calling this a slice of life? It's obviously not ugh! '
AsteriusPoggers said:
kuroneko99 said:
take another L my guy. Seethe and cope, maybe jump off a building and do a 360. This is a 10/10 episode.

Said it from someone who rated FMA 1 and dropped it after 2 episodes. Fair enuf
Mal scoring went to shit lately, this show is overhyped for no reasons other than being from clockwork studio (idc about the manga never read them).
What i've seen so far it's just a nice comedy/action show with spies. Nothing outstanding. Definitely not a 9-10 show rather a 7-8 so far. (more 7)
LukaPochiMay 8, 2022 4:32 PM
May 8, 2022 4:29 PM

Jun 2009
Disappointed. Typical filler ep vibes

May 8, 2022 5:30 PM
May 2016
Mostly boring this is what I was fearing from this episode that it wouldn’t actually develop a plot properly. I remember how excite I was for balance unlimited and it fell flat. I’m getting similar vibes here.

Loid wa super hot tho. So like in the end. I still enjoyed the episode.
May 8, 2022 5:32 PM
Jul 2018
It's comming... the face...! You know the one.

Also, damn drunk Yoru is hilarious, we need her drunk more often xD

(Also, damn, Pilot gear Anya was way too adorable, this should be illegal lol)
May 8, 2022 6:17 PM
Aug 2021
Best episode by far imo
May 8, 2022 6:36 PM
Jul 2018
Really fun episode, loved how they add the anime original scenes it really fits it in a better way.
May 8, 2022 6:47 PM
Feb 2021
Can manga readers tell me if this episode is a filler or not? This episode is great and all but it doesn't feel like it had any purpose to progress the story. I know this is a comedy anime, and it's not meant to be taken seriously. Perhaps I expect too much from this anime about it being a grounded spy action thriller with light hearted wholesome humour. No hard feelings for this anime thou. I still it enjoy it nonetheless. I just need clarity about what this anime is going to be exactly.
May 8, 2022 11:12 PM
Nov 2020
I LOVE how over the top it was. Loid will stop at nothing for his little girl <3 real talk though this episode was so much fun, and that cool fight scene at the end was pretty awesome to watch! Has me wondering how Loid hasn't suspected that something's weird yet, though.
May 8, 2022 11:12 PM
Nov 2020
I LOVE how over the top it was. Loid will stop at nothing for his little girl <3 real talk though this episode was so much fun, and that cool fight scene at the end was pretty awesome to watch! Has me wondering how Loid hasn't suspected that something's weird yet, though.
May 9, 2022 2:26 AM

Oct 2008
another perfect episode!
drunk Yor in fighting melee is truly scary even the likes of skills of Loid its gonna be one sided!
Anya super happy with the even for her!
so many fans of Tasogare (Twilight)
5/5.

May 9, 2022 3:42 AM

Dec 2020
WE JUST GONNA IGNORE THE "pantsu: black" AT THE END THERE?#!$+$+ THEY KEEP TABS WITH WHAT UNDERWEAR LOID'S WEARING .?#?#?? oh wait that might be pants right. like trousers, yeah nvm aaall good 😊😊👍

ohh man good thing none of those agents are normal as well. i mean, going all out as a trained spy for a kid's party?$!$+😭😭 gotta love WISE for that.

ending it with loid n anya moments were nice :]] poor boss had to pay all that tho lmao
May 9, 2022 4:36 AM

Jul 2016
RedChrome said:
kuroneko99 said:

Nothing. It is just good wholesome fun.
May 9, 2022 5:27 AM
Dec 2017
does anyone know the song that plays during the fight scenes? i think it sounds super dope and want to listen to the full song
May 9, 2022 5:32 AM
Jul 2018
Might have been in part because I was stoned but the abrupt end to Yor's fight with the little "Ah.." and then down like a sack of potatos had me in stitches. Intense to adorable in a second, loved it.
May 9, 2022 5:34 AM

Nov 2017
ok we got the long version from the manga version, it's good tho since Damian and Becky will make a debut in the next week, hyped for 6th episode !!!!!!!!
May 9, 2022 5:50 AM

Apr 2022
Venormous said:
Can manga readers tell me if this episode is a filler or not? This episode is great and all but it doesn't feel like it had any purpose to progress the story. I know this is a comedy anime, and it's not meant to be taken seriously. Perhaps I expect too much from this anime about it being a grounded spy action thriller with light hearted wholesome humour. No hard feelings for this anime thou. I still it enjoy it nonetheless. I just need clarity about what this anime is going to be exactly.

This is not a filler chapter, but it was extended by a lot to make it an episode. Expect more like this during the school days, tho it is still enjoyable.
To be honest, I don't understand why people expect a lot of action in this season. It is just the introduction of most of the characters.
To toxic fans: Atleast wait for an anime season to end before you go on tantrum.
May 9, 2022 6:36 AM

Aug 2021
What a crazy and funny episode

drunk Yor was hilarious
May 9, 2022 7:13 AM

Dec 2016
Now who wouldn't want a dad like Loid making your life Waku Waku after just a few cries XD

“U-Unhand the Princess” I could literally picture Eguchi saying that with a straight face XD

Loid Vs Yor fight was going so good if only her heel didn't break at a moment like that.
May 9, 2022 7:20 AM
Mar 2022
doctor-funk-beat said:
man..they even got his undie color

grats on ur first post! that was hilarious indeed, was glad to catch that during the episode. i am also reading the manga on the side where i can catch some other missed bits such as this one, hehe

May 9, 2022 8:05 AM
May 2022
The entire agency of spies flooding into the castle full force was the funniest thing ever to me. At first thought they were gonna go in and do a "mission" and actually try to kill them or smthn. But we got to see Invulnerable spy dad, drunk Yor protection mode, scruffy scruff scruff, and some damn awesome fights. Wish the spysassin fight went a big longer cause it was cool as shit but otherwise amazing episode.
May 9, 2022 8:28 AM

Dec 2015
Blushing Loid is best Loid
May 9, 2022 9:08 AM

Apr 2021
Complaining about the episode not advancing the story foward in a series where the plot is the least important thing.

MAL users, man.
May 9, 2022 12:08 PM
Mar 2021
This episode was adorable. It made me so happy.
May 9, 2022 1:46 PM
Apr 2016
kuroneko99 said:

I agree, it felt weird.
May 9, 2022 1:46 PM

Nov 2011
This very much felt like a filler episode, but it was still pretty amazing.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
May 9, 2022 2:25 PM

Dec 2020
this anime gets better and funnier with every ep
May 9, 2022 2:45 PM
May 2022
They could have exaggerated Anya's facial expressions a little more when she was so happy.
But it was soooooo cute and wholesome anyway. And I am sooooo happy with it
May 9, 2022 4:03 PM

Oct 2018
I'm surprised they decided to dedicate an entire episode to this chapter since not much happens there. What surprises me more is how the studio in charge of this one (WIT i think?) managed to expand upon it and make it entertaining. As always, the anime adds more fine details, like why the agents all blindly agreed to join the castle event, while also making them more active in the episode, since they were just on the background watching in the manga (which in retrospective IS really weird for them to be called just to be sitting ducks while the Forgers and Franky did the rest in their own little world).
Lovely episode, and Loid once again proving to be a good natural father without being aware of it
Mobages are consuming me alive
May 9, 2022 5:04 PM

Jul 2014
The best fake mission ever. I liked when Yor tried to kill him lmao
May 9, 2022 5:45 PM

Mar 2016
I loved this ep. Yor is out here living her best life. Getting drunk and going to castles, getting in fights. Love this for her.

And Anya is adorable as usual!
May 9, 2022 7:56 PM

May 2021
this i the best episode of the history like it has the big knock knock action fight punch moments (i love wit) the wholesome cute moments (anya waku waku XD) and a runk girl for my night dreams literally prerfcrt 5/5

May 9, 2022 8:22 PM
Jul 2018
I just really like how wholesome this is and brings in the right amount of spy cliches it parodies.
And I'm a simple person.
May 9, 2022 8:51 PM

Jul 2019
They went above and beyond for this episode! It was exciting, inspiring, and heartwarming as fuck! The added scenes and setting for this episode show the dedication WIT and Clover have to this series. What a freaking delightful anime adaptation so far!

-[ ~♫~ ll Credit ]-
May 10, 2022 12:21 AM

Jan 2017
All those agents brainwashed to partake in this fake mission just coz of Twilight, glorious! adopt me too Llyod

Hoo boy didn't expect the Yor vs Llyod brief fight, that was really epik
May 10, 2022 4:13 AM

Dec 2008
when I started watching Spy x Family I didn't expect it to be that kind of silly XD

Anya's expectations for a reward are just too high, but the secret agent agency just went along with this crazy play.
There was not really a need for Yor to attack her husband like this, but when she is sober she would be able to easily overpower everyone.
This was crazy, but not completely bad.

I still hope future episodes become less of a crazy spectacle like episode 4 and 5.
More Yor with Anya scenes please, I bet she is a lovely mum.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 10, 2022 6:36 AM
Mar 2012
I usually don’t post but I just had to point out the most badass part of the whole rescue scene… this mf flexing his swag so hard that he had to put the belt back on before he landed…
May 10, 2022 12:36 PM
Nov 2017
nice wholesome family fun. that's what I like to see
May 10, 2022 1:10 PM

Aug 2018
Anya deserves all the waku waku.

And it is obvious Loid is struggling with his identity atm. He is juggling being a spy, a father, a husband and just being himself. This was clear when Anya ran up to embrace him at the end of the game when she yelled 'papa' and his response was 'wait, I'm supposed to be your father in this?'.

Also, Yor's facial expression when she was announced to be 'whatever' as 'Shock!' was hilarious. They are clearly a family, not necessarily bonded by blood, but their mutual behavior and understanding towards life are just great to watch.
May 10, 2022 4:18 PM
Jan 2022
This is by far my favourite episode, where do I even start. First everytime Anya cried It broke my heart, I'm so glad Loid did what she wanted. I was constantly laughing throughout this entire episode from the sheer absurdness. Drunk Yor? Something I never knew I needed more of.
Pages (10) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Spy x Family Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 25, 2022

493 by lkm630y »»
Jun 24, 7:12 PM

Poll: » Spy x Family Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 18, 2022

233 by Mirorin »»
Jun 15, 8:00 PM

Poll: » Spy x Family Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 16, 2022

442 by AlxiBoua »»
May 5, 9:07 PM

Poll: » Spy x Family Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 11, 2022

321 by Suwawako_ »»
May 3, 4:07 PM

Poll: » Spy x Family Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 30, 2022

402 by Fenc »»
Apr 24, 11:13 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.