Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Nov 12, 2014 11:06 PM

Mar 2014
This was really well done.
The action moments were super well directed and I found the mystery and the overall story to actually be really intriguing, which I find to be rare for the movies.
There's also some pretty funny scenes with Kogoro and a few good scenes with the Detective Boys, as well as some nice little heartfelt symbolic Shinichi x Ran moments that I'm sure fangirls will eat up.

Basically, this has everything you'd want from a Detective Conan film, and it's all really well done. One of my favorites so far, to be sure. Right up there with Movie #5 if you ask me.
::End of Transmission::

Dec 10, 2014 4:08 PM

Aug 2011
Wow, need to talk about it.
Love DC anime & movies. But this one? Too bad...
No interest
Jul 6, 2015 7:10 AM

Mar 2015
Weakest DC movie so far and I was honestly really bored while watching.
Jul 7, 2015 10:07 PM

Nov 2014
Shinichi is a badass, stops flooding with avalanches! Probably my most favorite Movie so far.

Jul 7, 2015 10:10 PM

Nov 2014
Shinichi is a badass, stops flooding with avalanches! Probably my most favorite Movie so far.

Jul 10, 2015 9:53 PM

Jul 2008
Jeez Conan's snowboard skills...better than any pro.

And Quarter of Silence? HA, not a James Bond reference at all...
Jul 28, 2016 7:33 AM

Nov 2013
The weakest movie for me so far. The conclusion was rather anticlimatic
I'm too weird to live but much too rare to die.

May 16, 2017 2:06 PM

Oct 2009
guidodi said:
Didn't like the movie at all, there was hardly any mystery or the usual tricks (beside the really simple one in the snow murder). But the thing I find incredible and nobody seems to mention it is the fact that the bad guy could just dive in the water and retrieve the gems.
It was just a lake and I assume he would be able to recognise his grandma's home and just dig around there without killing anyone or risking getting caught.

Well he would definitely be caught by the Dam Personnel if he were to dive in the lake.
The loneliest people are the kindest. The saddest people smile the brightest. The most damaged people are the wisest. All because they don't wish to see anyone else suffer the way they did.
Jun 11, 2017 11:11 PM
Mar 2016
What's wrong with you people?! It was a very great movie

This is my favorite movie of Detective Conan yet.
It's very nice and Conan was so cool,
especially when he lectured Genta and Mitsuhiko about the consequences of each word.
I love that scene!
I was very intrigued on how Conan almost lost his life and was found by everyone who cried for him.
EnilaKimJun 11, 2017 11:17 PM
Jun 12, 2017 12:02 AM
Mar 2016
ExTemplar said:
Where did he learned snowboarding exactly? Can't be Hawaii...
Dec 26, 2017 1:28 AM

May 2014
I was a bit taken aback by how fast Touma-kun could run/walk after being in coma for 8 years.
Oct 24, 2018 7:49 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
The tension, suspense and how Conan would escape of the avalanche, was the best of the film!!!
Jun 30, 2019 1:33 PM

Apr 2009
naens said:
I didn't really like it. The mystery had hardly an importance here. I don't understand why do they have to put bombs in the movies, Conan has to jump like Mario (and even fly) and someone from the main characters must almost die?
They don't need all this in DC movies, it's not the right way to make a mystery because everybody knows that in movies Edogawa will somehow survive. And if it's a movie without a good plot, without Kuroba and without Hattori, it becomes just an empty movie even if there is a lot of explosions.

THIS! I'm rewatching all the DC movies now and it's even more obvious the shift from mystery to over-the-top action. And nope, I'm def not fond of can-do-it-all Conan. The abilities he already had, thanks to his Hawaii trip, are already ridiculous, but the movies take it a notch too far for me. I rather like more mystery and better plot than just mindless action.
May 7, 2022 6:54 PM

Jan 2012
Conan in the snow! Well now this movie was pretty fun. I just love that wintry aesthetic. I will say the whodunnit aspect of the plot was a tad on the predictable side of things by Conan standards. Only 3 real possibilities and even then I'd say really 2 and...well I won't give it away. I did enjoy the amnesiac boy plot point. I'm a sucker for those emotionally wake-up after a long coma scenes and the one with him and his mom made me smile. I'm also a sucker for RanxShinichi moments so I knew the end before it happened and was glad it did. That said I'm a bit iffier on the main action set piece of this one. Conan's done some crazy ridiculous stuff in these movies, and I'd need to rewatch the others to know for sure, but this may have been his most superhuman feat yet. It's not a great sign when something in a movie reminds me of Pierce Brosnan in Die Another Day, but oh well. I still liked this enough, though despite the nice setting and moment here and there I can't say it was as good as the majority of the other Conan films I've seen. 7/10
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Movie Discussion

gmgkng - Jul 8, 2011

3 by shiroi-ookami »»
Nov 19, 2011 5:11 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.