Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »
May 7, 2022 9:49 PM

Mar 2020
10/10 ngl. Another banger episode.
Yor is so DOPEEEE!!!
nice
May 7, 2022 9:59 PM

Mar 2019
Sorry but, ANYA cuteness x99999 > Yor Beauty

Best Episode by far.
Nyan-Pasu!... [ Ara Ara ] [ Waifus ]
May 7, 2022 10:05 PM

Feb 2021
Lol in the opening sequence when the higher-ups are talking about Loid, there's an entry called Underwear- Pantsu: Black lmao

Lol I love Frankie. He's a cool guy.

Anya in the pilot suit looked so cute >_<

Drunk Yor/Yorticia though πŸ₯΅πŸ€™ She was actually going so hard on Loid lol.

The OST in this episode was so damn good.

May 7, 2022 10:16 PM

Jun 2013
Drunk Yor is best Yor.
The scene where Yor fell over and was out cold in a second was what sold me on the manga the first time I read it, anime did not disappoint.

That being said they really went all out (even though half of the episode was anime original content) not that I enjoyed in any less. Like damn even Twilight in the ball bit caught me off guard and the song insert was solid.

Franky just getting really into character and making Anya force Twilight into all this lol. Twilight bitch slapping Franky still gets me, he is just done.

May 7, 2022 10:21 PM
May 2021
roku2041 said:
NoBoDY-5 said:
Calling everyone hater who think this episode is boring is too far because read some comments there are people who like other episode but not this one because they wasted a whole episode in the castle scene as some people waiting whole week just to see a half filler episode.It is understandable that you like it as the production is also good and there is actually nothing wrong with it but you have to understand other people perspective also instead of calling them haters and kaguya sama fans.

I was just saying that base on what I've seen trust me I have been around and usually it's just kaguya fans.
I still haven't seen kaguya fans hating on this anime(I don't think they have any reason to hate on it) and I'm pretty active on forums and youtube comment section it is hated mostly by AOT fans because of it's rating is higher than AOT.
May 7, 2022 10:28 PM

Jun 2020
Another outstanding Spy X Family episode

Anya's excitement in this episode really can't be contained, The fact the whole agency actually helped him in a short amount of time was all too efficient, Drunk Yor I didn't think that I'm here to witness this day, No way they actually made Hayamin say "GAAAHHH"

The action combined with the ost was just excellent I mean elegant, Well not that long before Yor passed out but while she's about to was scary when you go up against her.
May 7, 2022 11:02 PM
Aug 2020
Yor just drunkenly waving in the background for about half the episode made me laugh over and over.
May 7, 2022 11:18 PM
Sep 2021
JuveOnechan said:
Nice filler and really good yor showcase
Sy On Boy next week

heh (15 character limit)
May 7, 2022 11:49 PM

Jun 2021
Love how they expanded this small chapter in the manga into a whole ass banger episode. The role of a Martial Artist Witch is perfect for ol Yor, reminds me of Mashle or Saitama whose punches and kicks are so strong that the resulting air pressure just creates a dust cloud(at the minimum).

I just love how Twilight is easily embarrassed around his family after being years of being a master in poker face, at least in this adaptation he wears a mask for the whole rescue act. Still kinda embarrassing to be doing a whole play in front of your co-workers though.
May 8, 2022 12:12 AM
Jul 2018
great episode I love the whole save Anya play the last scene between loid and Anya great and the Animation was amazing I can't wait for the next episode
removed-userAug 14, 2022 1:53 AM
May 8, 2022 1:03 AM
Apr 2022
I laughed so hard at this episode πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ Absolutely loved it, Loid is just so cute πŸ₯Ή
May 8, 2022 1:13 AM
May 2019
Absolutely 5-star episode.

Loid going to great lengths for his daughter's happiness. The massive amount of agents who participated, plus how invested they were in the "game" was beautiful LOL Yor is a very powerful drunk! As well as cute and clumsy. Loid thanked his feathers there when she knocked out.
May 8, 2022 1:13 AM
May 2019
o_anitram_o said:
I laughed so hard at this episode πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ Absolutely loved it, Loid is just so cute πŸ₯Ή

I agree! This episode had me laughing way too much πŸ˜‚
May 8, 2022 1:14 AM
Apr 2022
kuroneko99 said:
boring. It seemed just a filler episode.
take another L my guy. Seethe and cope, maybe jump off a building and do a 360. This is a 10/10 episode.
May 8, 2022 1:51 AM

Oct 2018
episode funny again ^^ love them so much
Loid is so nice to rent a castle for his cute daughter <3 Franky totally in his role lol
Always a pleasure to look an episode of this anime and it's the same for the manga
May 8, 2022 2:11 AM

Sep 2012
I love the episode Anya was soo funny, asking heeeelp me with her dead pan tone was perfect.

Yor was scary with her 1 on 1 with Twilight. He was in a defensive position the whole time and can't counterattack. This really shows how dangerous Yor's attacks are even if she was Drunk she can stall Twilight in a defensive ball without any real effort.

Love the episode, made me lol and smile the whole episode. In the end, the bill for everything was like daaaaamnnnn XD
May 8, 2022 2:15 AM

Sep 2012
AnthonyLuffy said:
episode funny again ^^ love them so much
Loid is so nice to rent a castle for his cute daughter <3 Franky totally in his role lol
Always a pleasure to look an episode of this anime and it's the same for the manga

Frank was really good for this episode. His like the fave Uncle of the Family hehehe
May 8, 2022 2:24 AM

May 2022
This show is so much fun to watch. Anya is adorable, Loid and Yor are both badasses I like seeing them become closer and closer as each episode goes on. They’re easy to root for.
May 8, 2022 3:21 AM

Jul 2016
I'm really not a fan of filler episodes. Anya was fun as always and Loid super cool, but everything was too unrealistic imo.

x5

Good times become good memories, but bad times become good lessons.
Uncle Iroh
May 8, 2022 3:34 AM
Apr 2021
hakuryuu- said:
I'm really not a fan of filler episodes. Anya was fun as always and Loid super cool, but everything was too unrealistic imo.

It was in Manga actually
May 8, 2022 3:44 AM

Jul 2021
Drunk Yor hehe.

Another hilarious episode.

We got lots of Anya this episode, it was great. The moe is just off the charts here.

The action scenes were really good.

We got the mandatory Yor badass moment and of course it ends with her immediately falling asleep, that was too good, I think Mr. Scruffy head was able to make a drunk Yor believe that Loidman was bad or something, she really was hitting with the intent to kill lmao, she's scary, cute yes, but very scary sometimes.

The father-daughter bond grew a lot stronger in this episode, loved to see that. I'm so happy for Anya :)

Also, it's great how Twilight's agency does whatever he asks of them lol and they even set his requirements as SS tier mission xD.

5/5 episode. Can't wait to watch next one.

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

May 8, 2022 4:03 AM

Feb 2014
It sounds like Herderson will be punished for his physical actions from last week (he was still right to do what he did, though), but I'm glad that he gave hope to the Forger's after Anya was placed on the top of the waiting lists for successful candidates and, thankfully, they got Anya into Eden Academy properly.

Then came the best part of the episode, which was to recreate one scene from Anya's favourite spy show. Loid's superiors were able to approve of his request and they went all out to make sure that the castle was prepped up for Loid to "rescue" Anya from the evil mastermind.

It led to a fantastic sequence of Loid fighting his fellow agents acting as baddies with some great animation and also a solid insert song from Know Name. To top it off, he had to fight against a drunk Yor who gave him a good battle before her heel broke and she succumbed to sleep.

Sure, this whole thing did cost a crap load of money and his superiors won't be happy about that, but putting a smile on Anya's face to celebrate her getting into Eden Academy is something you can't a price on. It's precious and priceless for a reason! ^_^
May 8, 2022 4:04 AM
Jul 2021
I was thinking that I don’t remember this much of a bombastic scene in the manga. This was mostly anime-only and it is fantastic! This whole episode only adapted chapter 6 but managed to stretch the episode without the pacing feeling off or going too slow. Absolutely phenomenal
May 8, 2022 4:49 AM

Feb 2014
JuveOnechan said:
Nice filler and really good yor showcase
Sy On Boy next week

YESSS DA FACE IS HERE!!
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

May 8, 2022 5:01 AM
Sep 2020
They really out did themselves with this episode because it was just amazing.
May 8, 2022 5:20 AM
Apr 2022
Esto fue muy divertido y lindo, ya que a veces se necesita un poco de aire fresco para los momentos más criticos
May 8, 2022 5:23 AM
May 2021
wish we couldve seen more fighting between loid and yor
great episode tho
May 8, 2022 6:08 AM
Sep 2012
I think this episode is acceptable and actually better with filler in it. Ep 5 spotlight was Anya's gift from dad (and his spy company). So next episode we can focused on school ceremony and her early school life.
May 8, 2022 6:13 AM
Jun 2019
Eh, it's a comedy show first and foremost, so it's not a sin to have a more lighthearted, more cuteness-focused episode now and then, especially framed as a reward for getting into the school (and with pretty good animation cuts for a filler episode),
but for me personally, I wished the episode had at least some sense of stake? I'm really more into the psychological side of espionage than the action side, and I think a lot of the charm of the show is in how each of the main characters is trying to hide their secrets from each other but still gets disarmed by Anya's sincere cuteness.
May 8, 2022 6:48 AM

Jul 2014
Bad filler episode is bad. It's not as if there's any need to stall like this, so I don't get it. Also, this series is really stretching suspension of disbelief at the best of times, but this episode more or less broke that entirely.
May 8, 2022 6:53 AM

Oct 2011
Up until this point the anime has been pretty 1:1 with the manga with some enhancements. But this episode really took the couple of pages and blew it up in the best way. It enhanced the absurdity of getting WISE agents being deployed just to play as characters in Bondman, while finding a logical reason for them being able to rent an entire castle. It really felt like Twilight was saving Anya and showcasing his skills, and honestly Anya deserves to have a grand time.

A couple other comments: The anime feels like it is making Twilight more tender with Anya, so these father/daughter moments really hit me in the gut.

I knew Yor was an amazing fighter, and in a one on one situation, she would be able to take Twilight down, but the anime really shows this off and I'm definitely more afraid of Yor's capabilities.

Honestly this is my favorite episode so far. Overall the anime has had a different feel from the manga, but this was the perfect combination of action, comedy, and tenderness.
May 8, 2022 6:58 AM
Aug 2017
This episode was hilarious. Spy x Family for me never made me crack a laugh, but this episode was full silly and fun.
I don't think the anime is bad, i actually enjoy it a lot but not because of the comedy but because of his good heart and soul.

Also, anyone else felt like it was watching Joker from Persona 5 exploring Kamoshida Palace? Very similiar plot and atmosphere in their lets pretend.
May 8, 2022 7:19 AM

Mar 2010
That was well played out, and dat spy mission in the castle could be seen as more training for the real mission.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
May 8, 2022 7:29 AM

Apr 2021
_Bakemono_ said:
Some sakuga on those fight scenes. Dodging balls and fighting a witch for his daughter, Loid's a great chi chi πŸ˜‚. The airplane scene didn't look great though.

Fr, those sakuga were damn satisfying to the eyes :fire:

May 8, 2022 7:29 AM

Jun 2016
atleast yor still hot and sexy while drunk !!
May 8, 2022 7:42 AM

Mar 2021
I didn't remember the content of this one (probably because it was less interesting), and first half was indeed slow, but damn WIT/Cloverworks really outdid themselves with the second half!!! What a crazy adaptation... I loved the voiced OSTs and the fight animations were cleannnnnnnnnnnnn

I also love how Loid called the whole spy organization just to make a show for Anya lol. AND THEY DELIVERED FULL OF ENTHUSIASM LOL
OdabraniMay 8, 2022 7:48 AM

May 8, 2022 7:44 AM

Aug 2020
the fifth episode is my fav so far it created humor in an intriguing way, I simply loved it.
May 8, 2022 8:05 AM
Dec 2015
Yatagarasu420 said:
Outstanding episode. WIT Studio never disappoints.
I don't know any true anime fan who would disagree with you on that.
May 8, 2022 8:10 AM

Oct 2016
That was a hella fun episode and that insert song by (K)noW_NAME was straight up fire.

Loid out here being the best father, the WISE agents going through with all of this was hilarious, especially that Twilight fan lmao. WISE's wallet did not appreciate it though.

Anya's deadpan acting was fucking great. They really went ham on this episode, I really loved that Loid vs Yor fight sequence, and speaking of Yor, drunk Yor is a blessing. We finally entering that school in the next episode, can't wait.
May 8, 2022 8:29 AM

Nov 2014
I'm actually enjoying the role Franky plays. Him and Anya being on the same wavelength really made this episode.

I wonder if we'll see the protective Yor? Maybe she'll end up in a situation where she has to save Anya from danger.
I'm not a lolicon, you're just projecting your tendency to lewd 2D characters.

If your favourite character is Tsutsukakushi Tsukiko, you are my soul mate.

Been a long time since I've been here, I'll continue expressing myself freely and believe everyone should too.
My MAL Interview
May 8, 2022 8:48 AM

Feb 2019
I feel like I've made it pretty clear that I don't really care much for the jokey, "elegant" screaming side of the show, nor it treating the espionage stuff like Lupin where they disappear offscreen for three seconds, which is enough time to set up a giant inflatable Rube Goldberg contraption that would take a team of engineers in 3 months, so here's an episode that is nothing but that. Looney Tunes silliness from start to finish for the sake of Looney Tunes.

One call and a literal army of spies materializes out of thin air to set up an impromptu American Gladiators gauntlet/banquet in a castle for the entertainment of a child. It feels like it would have been so much easier to play things closer to the vest and hide that it was all a dumb stunt, or have them try to appease her but a castle and mass kidnapping is unreasonable, thus she learns a valuable lesson along the way about… I don't know, the limitations of mortality, whatever

The worst part is that they put a crapton of effort into the production, insert song, great animation, the works. For what is essentially a naruto filler episode. Where's this animation and action choreography usually? Can we donate a few frames to some of the other real action shows this season? Because they desperately need them (for example Mahoutsukai). Aside from the animation, Yor spending the whole thing drunk was probably the high point for me. More characters should spend filler weeks just being drunk and checked out. Now that is something I can absolutely empathize with.
May 8, 2022 8:51 AM
Oct 2016
kuroneko99 said:
boring. It seemed just a filler episode.

You know this is a comedy show right?
May 8, 2022 9:19 AM
Dec 2021
I loved this. It’s really different from the manga. There’s so many scenes as a bonus. And that’s good. I really enjoyed this
May 8, 2022 10:13 AM

Dec 2020
Does anyone know the OST that plays when Loid hops on the zipline?
May 8, 2022 10:35 AM

Oct 2019

so loid wears black underwear.....
May 8, 2022 10:47 AM

May 2010
Thatonekid2424 said:

You mean this one?
May 8, 2022 10:52 AM

Dec 2020
Aika said:
Thatonekid2424 said:

You mean this one?
Yea that's the one. Thank you very much.
May 8, 2022 11:38 AM
Jul 2018
Anya was so spoiled ehe

The cost for everything for that celebration was D8,000 ehhh
May 8, 2022 11:44 AM

Jun 2008
I guess you can perhaps call this a "Filler"....but then again, technically this is a Slice of Life anime, and it's not supposed to have a hard plot.

Either way, this is how a filler SHOULD be made.

It was fun, lots of great interactions, and overall it DID advance the plot without taking anything away.

This is still the BEST anime of the year...by far.
May 8, 2022 11:57 AM

Aug 2021
man..they even got his undie color

Pages (10) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Spy x Family Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 25, 2022

493 by lkm630y »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » Spy x Family Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 18, 2022

233 by Mirorin »»
Jun 15, 8:00 PM

Poll: » Spy x Family Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 16, 2022

442 by AlxiBoua »»
May 5, 9:07 PM

Poll: » Spy x Family Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 11, 2022

321 by Suwawako_ »»
May 3, 4:07 PM

Poll: » Spy x Family Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 30, 2022

402 by Fenc »»
Apr 24, 11:13 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.