Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
Mar 8, 2022 6:45 AM
Jun 2016
Who do you think the best/best written out of them?
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 8, 2022 7:00 AM
Jun 2021
kirasama99 said:

There all shit. But hange is less shit
Mar 8, 2022 7:02 AM
Mar 2021
I think mikasa might be the the worst character on the poll, i feel like gabi is an obvious answer so i went with ymir cuz she's one of the most efficiently done character as she has a lot of development and depth even though her screentime is minimal unlike mikasa, hange or even historia and she i think is one of the best female characters beside gabi, hostoria(even though she has no significance in the story post s3 p1), yelena and hange
Harsh_ahirMar 8, 2022 7:05 AM
Mar 8, 2022 7:02 AM
Jan 2021
I like Gabi now because seeing her character develop so far has been pretty interesting to see the only character I would say that gives me a close second to her is most likely hange
Mar 8, 2022 7:05 AM
Feb 2021
Hange best female! I just love everything about her. no doubt about it.#Hangebestgirl
#Hangesupremacy!

I think pieck is second best female character.
Mar 8, 2022 7:06 AM

Jun 2021
Not Mikasa... Sasha is the comic relief,so I'd go with Annie probably but Gabi is also quite well written. And, I feel Historia is underrated as a character. She played quite the significant role in the past seasons.

PS: This ain't required but my personal favourite is Sasha and that's for obvious reasons 😂
Mar 8, 2022 7:06 AM

Feb 2021
There is a pasta going around for years:
The entirety of Ymir's and Christoria's arc culminated in Ymir making that decision and then Historia making her own decision in the cave. That relationship was from the very first second about the dichotomy of the two archetypes:
1. The good girl Christa, who lives for helping others
2. The selfish and self-centered Ymir, who lives for herself
Naturally, as one could guess, it was actually the reverse, under the guise of Christa Historia hid her selfishness, and under the guise of apathy Ymir hid her true caring self, caring to the extreme.
Think about it, she sacrificed herself for her own cult -> got turned into a titan for 60 years -> and even when she got the 2nd chance in life, what did she do? She overheard a conversation about some vague girl in distress, whose story was in some ways similar to hers, and without knowing anything else, she rushed to help her. Joined the fucking military to help her. She then was ready to sacrifice herself again, at Utgard Castle, trying to protect her friend, and friends in general actually. I am gonna go on and say that at Utgard Castle she wasn't only protecting Christa, but everyone else too. Even when the Historia in Christa awakened, stood on the fucking top of the castle and started screaming at her for being selfless, Ymir still at the end chose to protect everyone, even if it meant her death. And she would die, if the scouts didn't reach her in time. She then made a real with Reiner, the deal entailed that she herself must die, again complete selflessness. And upon finding out that she took the life of another for her second chance, she, at the end choose to save her ex comrades, again sacrificing herself, to help Rainer and Bertholdt because she was even able to sympathize with them.
She was always the true Christa, the all caring goddess. Ymir stayed true to what she always was.

While Historia is an ideologically selfish person, At Utgard castle she didn't care at all that everyone were going to die, instead she was throwing stones at titans and was only upset that she had no equipment to die fighting, die a hero. However when Ymir was about to commit a selfless act and die for her friends, it was elaborated further that selfishness for Historia is not just about her own self, it is her ideology, her view of life - "fight for yourself, humans mustn't die for the ideals of others".
When Ymir choose to sacrifice herself and leave, Historia initially was extremely not acceptive of it. But she then understood that people may not agree with her philosophy in life, that it might be rejective to their spirit, she acknowledged that. But that also made her fall into into depression, because no one would get her, she isn't a bad person, she just wants for people to fight for themselves, after all why were we given self if we aren't supposed to fight for ourselves. The one who saved her from her depression was Eren, who simply and straightforwardly concurred with her, like it's a matter of fact. And not only that, he told her that he likes her real self more than her fake self, something she didn't expect to hear from anyone ever.
Now then, the cave scene. Everything came into fruition in that scene, Eren faced the dilemma of ancestral sins while Historia faced with a choice of killing the one person who understood her, the person whose own motto was "Because I was born into this world!". And it is crucial to understand the importance of her words "I won't let you kill me". At the moment, she thought that her father was right, that her killing Eren is the best bet for humanity, humanity's and her father's wish came into conflict with her own wish of not killing Eren, because to her killing him meant her rejecting her own self, her own soul that was kin to him, and embracing the selfless spirit of Karl Fritz, the coward King. That's why when she broke her father's feeble spine the words she spoke were "I won't let you kill me". And then she got angry at Eren, because he for the first time gave up, facing the burden of ancestral sins was something he himself couldn't overcome. That was his lowest point, for the person who is defined by "I was born into this world" to give up on living is his ultimate defeat. She was unhappy with him, because he betrayed his self, the self which Historia liked. For her the decision she made at the time was out of selfishness. But that was the life she was proud of living.
The words she spoke to him that moment virtually spoiled the entire ending act, that's how 1to1 it was. "Screw humanity, they're the problem, let them get wiped out by the titans" - Eren starts doing exactly that. "We're enemies of humanity" - that they become yes. In fact the same problem of ancestral sins is now being faced by the entire nation. And Eren faces the dilemma of selfishness, saving those few who are dear to him by the cost of wiping out the entire world.

So basically i think it's between Ymir(freckles) and Historia. And i give it to Historia because she just has more things going for her.

Some will say Gabi is a well written character, i think she's a completely straight forward character, without much complexity, even a somewhat cliche character, and so is her development. That's why her character is easier to understand. I know i primitivize it heavily but her character development is basically "I thought these people were demons, but now that i met them and lived with them i understand that we're all just humans, and we shouldn't demonize people just because they live somewhere else". The message is very simple, so is the character created to convey it.
Mar 8, 2022 7:14 AM
Sep 2020
Maybe deez is the best character
Mar 8, 2022 7:17 AM
Feb 2021
Mikasa and then Gabi.
Mar 8, 2022 7:18 AM
Jun 2016
Xilver said:
There is a pasta going around for years:
The entirety of Ymir's and Christoria's arc culminated in Ymir making that decision and then Historia making her own decision in the cave. That relationship was from the very first second about the dichotomy of the two archetypes:
1. The good girl Christa, who lives for helping others
2. The selfish and self-centered Ymir, who lives for herself
Naturally, as one could guess, it was actually the reverse, under the guise of Christa Historia hid her selfishness, and under the guise of apathy Ymir hid her true caring self, caring to the extreme.
Think about it, she sacrificed herself for her own cult -> got turned into a titan for 60 years -> and even when she got the 2nd chance in life, what did she do? She overheard a conversation about some vague girl in distress, whose story was in some ways similar to hers, and without knowing anything else, she rushed to help her. Joined the fucking military to help her. She then was ready to sacrifice herself again, at Utgard Castle, trying to protect her friend, and friends in general actually. I am gonna go on and say that at Utgard Castle she wasn't only protecting Christa, but everyone else too. Even when the Historia in Christa awakened, stood on the fucking top of the castle and started screaming at her for being selfless, Ymir still at the end chose to protect everyone, even if it meant her death. And she would die, if the scouts didn't reach her in time. She then made a real with Reiner, the deal entailed that she herself must die, again complete selflessness. And upon finding out that she took the life of another for her second chance, she, at the end choose to save her ex comrades, again sacrificing herself, to help Rainer and Bertholdt because she was even able to sympathize with them.
She was always the true Christa, the all caring goddess. Ymir stayed true to what she always was.

While Historia is an ideologically selfish person, At Utgard castle she didn't care at all that everyone were going to die, instead she was throwing stones at titans and was only upset that she had no equipment to die fighting, die a hero. However when Ymir was about to commit a selfless act and die for her friends, it was elaborated further that selfishness for Historia is not just about her own self, it is her ideology, her view of life - "fight for yourself, humans mustn't die for the ideals of others".
When Ymir choose to sacrifice herself and leave, Historia initially was extremely not acceptive of it. But she then understood that people may not agree with her philosophy in life, that it might be rejective to their spirit, she acknowledged that. But that also made her fall into into depression, because no one would get her, she isn't a bad person, she just wants for people to fight for themselves, after all why were we given self if we aren't supposed to fight for ourselves. The one who saved her from her depression was Eren, who simply and straightforwardly concurred with her, like it's a matter of fact. And not only that, he told her that he likes her real self more than her fake self, something she didn't expect to hear from anyone ever.
Now then, the cave scene. Everything came into fruition in that scene, Eren faced the dilemma of ancestral sins while Historia faced with a choice of killing the one person who understood her, the person whose own motto was "Because I was born into this world!". And it is crucial to understand the importance of her words "I won't let you kill me". At the moment, she thought that her father was right, that her killing Eren is the best bet for humanity, humanity's and her father's wish came into conflict with her own wish of not killing Eren, because to her killing him meant her rejecting her own self, her own soul that was kin to him, and embracing the selfless spirit of Karl Fritz, the coward King. That's why when she broke her father's feeble spine the words she spoke were "I won't let you kill me". And then she got angry at Eren, because he for the first time gave up, facing the burden of ancestral sins was something he himself couldn't overcome. That was his lowest point, for the person who is defined by "I was born into this world" to give up on living is his ultimate defeat. She was unhappy with him, because he betrayed his self, the self which Historia liked. For her the decision she made at the time was out of selfishness. But that was the life she was proud of living.
The words she spoke to him that moment virtually spoiled the entire ending act, that's how 1to1 it was. "Screw humanity, they're the problem, let them get wiped out by the titans" - Eren starts doing exactly that. "We're enemies of humanity" - that they become yes. In fact the same problem of ancestral sins is now being faced by the entire nation. And Eren faces the dilemma of selfishness, saving those few who are dear to him by the cost of wiping out the entire world.

So basically i think it's between Ymir(freckles) and Historia. And i give it to Historia because she just has more things going for her.

Some will say Gabi is a well written character, i think she's a completely straight forward character, without much complexity, even a somewhat cliche character, and so is her development. That's why her character is easier to understand. I know i primitivize it heavily but her character development is basically "I thought these people were demons, but now that i met them and lived with them i understand that we're all just humans, and we shouldn't demonize people just because they live somewhere else". The message is very simple, so is the character created to convey it.

Great analysis, Historia definitely had the chance to became a really good character, although her ending and very little presence in the final arcs disappointed me at the very least.
Mar 8, 2022 7:24 AM

Feb 2021
kirasama99 said:
Great analysis, Historia definitely had the chance to became a really good character, although her ending and very little presence in the final arcs disappointed me at the very least.

I'd complain about it but considering we rarely see even fucking Eren, the protagonist of the entire series in very last arc of this series, it's pointless to complain about her. Isayama made very questionable decisions at the finish line, what else can i say.
Mar 8, 2022 7:32 AM
Nov 2021
I’d say Ymir(the jaw Titan) best written female in Aot, Ymir appeared to be selfish and uncooperative. However, she later revealed a kinder side, especially around Historia Reiss. Even earlier, Ymir showed this emotional and selfless aspect of herself when she took full responsibility for the Eldian cult's existence, despite her followers betraying her first. She also saved Erwin Smith's life, even though she blamed him for the failure of her plan of ensuring Krista's future. She also showed considerable regret over devouring Marcel Galliard who was Reiner Braun friend and comrade, regardless of the fact she did not do it consciously. She refused to divulge any information to anyone behind the Walls. It also might have played a part in her decision to save Reiner and Bertolt out of a sense of being indebted to them since their arrival is what caused her to regain her human form, even though she knew it meant her own death and never seeing Historia again.

Edit- Ymir getting only 9 votes and Mikasa is winning the poll, is this a popularity contest
nishant0Mar 8, 2022 10:57 AM
Mar 8, 2022 7:35 AM
Nov 2021
Attack on titan us a monstrosity mappa has ruined the show , do the community a favor and rate this a 1,and fmab a 10 serouisly , even berserk 2016 looks better and has a well put storyline
Mar 8, 2022 7:36 AM
Oct 2021
your mom

change my mind
Mar 8, 2022 7:43 AM
Jan 2021
Eren’s mom, great character development
Mar 8, 2022 8:04 AM
Apr 2021
Obscure_Otaku said:
your mom

change my mind

L opinion
best girl < Ur mom
Mar 8, 2022 8:04 AM

Jul 2017
Till s3 p2 historia and ymir(jaw titan)
After that Gabi who is the only decently written one
Mar 8, 2022 8:07 AM
Apr 2021
My absolute favourite is hange , she's one of the best female characters in all of anime imo , but I'm not gonna be biast here , Gabi wins in terms of who's the best written female character
Mar 8, 2022 8:09 AM
Nov 2021
Mikasa might be the most boring character in the whole series. Idk why people are simping for her. She has 1 personality trait and only one, and also is an asshole to her comrades apparently.
Hange ma queen
Mar 8, 2022 8:27 AM

Nov 2020

Mikasa>Ymir(jaw)>Hange>Historia>Annie>Gabi>Yelena>Sasha>Pieck>Hitch
Mar 8, 2022 8:33 AM
Feb 2021
Definitely not mikasa ffs

BarbecuesauceMar 8, 2022 8:46 AM
Mar 8, 2022 8:46 AM

Feb 2020
- Gabi
- Annie
- Historia
Mar 8, 2022 9:09 AM
Mar 2021
peick fiction.....
Mar 8, 2022 9:10 AM
Aug 2021
It's clearly Armin! My favourite waifu
Mar 8, 2022 9:41 AM

Jan 2020
LOL AT MIDKASA WINNING THE POLL 😂😂😂
Mar 8, 2022 9:43 AM

May 2018
I'll go with Historia :)
Mar 8, 2022 9:52 AM

Feb 2022
i love gabi’s character development

A "chobit," a technologically advanced persocom rumored to possess true machine intelligence, unlike other persocoms.
Mar 8, 2022 9:54 AM

Jul 2015
Everyone who voted Mikasa for being best written, I'd like an explanation, because this is not a popularity contest.

Mar 8, 2022 10:49 AM
Dec 2021
kirasama99 said:

I hate every single female character in aot
Mar 8, 2022 11:15 AM

Jul 2017
Mikasa at the very top makes you realise just how dirty this cast got done lmao

Mar 8, 2022 11:15 AM
Feb 2021
None, they all ass, Historia could’ve been the best but they sidelined her HARD
Mar 8, 2022 11:22 AM
Jun 2012
Who cares about best written character (what does that mean anyway lol)?

Annie is the best, the only female character that didn’t annoy me and was a joy to watch.
Mar 8, 2022 11:24 AM
May 2021
tzionsmooth4000 said:
I like Gabi now because seeing her character develop so far has been pretty interesting to see the only character I would say that gives me a close second to her is most likely hange

Yeah same. I think Gabi is actually ver well written and I like the idea that Hange doesn't feel like she can replace Erwin as the commander. It definitely shows a lot about her personality.
Mar 8, 2022 11:28 AM
Nov 2019
Why does everyone hate on Mikasa? Sure, she's not a super complicated individual, and yeah, she does love Eren, but she's been consistently good throughout the story, whereas I can't say necessarily the same for all these other female, or even male characters.

Mikasa in fall of Shiganshina- Return to Shiganshina, to war for paradis, since she didn't actually show a ton in Marley, through rumbling, has a good character, struggling when to follow her heart/Eren, and follow her orders, and while I'd say Gabi's development is great, she's not been in the story long enough to be the best character.

Ymir Freckles is great, but she's also not the best character, imo.
Mar 8, 2022 11:30 AM

Jan 2009
best - pieck since she is Pieck Fiction

best written - gabi (she is all about quality > quantity when it comes to storytelling and character development)
Mar 8, 2022 11:32 AM
Jan 2021
because she constantly whines about eren and eren and ofc eren . this just annoys the viewers . the only thing that comes to an average viewers mind when they see Mikasa say ereh , ereh is why tf isn't she doing anything else. why isn't she talking to someone else . you can go on about" aww her famili ded and eren saved her and shit " but that doesn't change how annoying her character is
Mar 8, 2022 1:41 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
The fact that Mikasa is winning says a lot about the fandom in this sub forum
Mar 8, 2022 1:48 PM
Aug 2021
Hange and Gabi (15 chracter rule)
Mar 8, 2022 2:55 PM

Nov 2020
some mf's are really voting for mikasa when Sasha is the best girl. I would even accept hange or annie on the top but why tf mikasa is wining .

"No one can rewrite the stars
How can you say you'll be mine?
Everything keeps us apart
And I'm not the one you were meant to find
It's not up to you you
It's not up to me
When everyone tells us what we can be
How can we rewrite the stars?"
Mar 8, 2022 7:47 PM
Oct 2019
racers551 said:
Why does everyone hate on Mikasa? Sure, she's not a super complicated individual, and yeah, she does love Eren, but she's been consistently good throughout the story, whereas I can't say necessarily the same for all these other female, or even male characters.

Mikasa in fall of Shiganshina- Return to Shiganshina, to war for paradis, since she didn't actually show a ton in Marley, through rumbling, has a good character, struggling when to follow her heart/Eren, and follow her orders, and while I'd say Gabi's development is great, she's not been in the story long enough to be the best character.

(Respectfully) Mikasa feels like wasted screen time and half of her "Eren" lines could've been used to let someone else with a more interesting character shine. She is better this season but the silence and the internal turmoil just doesn't feel interesting overall, especially since it does what it needs to for other characters.

I prefer Hange, she's the most interesting female character with similar screen time to Mikasa.

I don't hate Mikasa like so many other people do and I don't think anyone is stupid for liking her she's just not interesting imo.
Mar 8, 2022 7:47 PM
Oct 2019
racers551 said:

(Respectfully) Mikasa feels like wasted screen time and half of her "Eren" lines could've been used to let someone else with a more interesting character shine. She is better this season but the silence and the internal turmoil just doesn't feel interesting overall, especially since it does what it needs to for other characters.

I prefer Hange, she's the most interesting female character with similar screen time to Mikasa.

I don't hate Mikasa like so many other people do and I don't think anyone is stupid for liking her she's just not interesting imo.
Mar 8, 2022 7:58 PM
Nov 2019
Lezzi said:
racers551 said:

The anime kind of reduces a lot of her good lines to just her saying Eren, so that's why I feel like she's partially unappreciated by recent anime fans.
Mar 8, 2022 8:14 PM
Oct 2019
racers551 said:
Lezzi said:

The anime kind of reduces a lot of her good lines to just her saying Eren, so that's why I feel like she's partially unappreciated by recent anime fans.

Oh that's fair, I've heard that she was supposed to have mini character moments in season 2 that were cut. I still wonder how much must've been cut for her to be seen so different from 2 sides of the same fan base?
Mar 8, 2022 8:47 PM

Sep 2020
Mikasa > Ymir (Original) > Hange > Annie > ???? > Yelena
Mar 8, 2022 8:55 PM

Jul 2021
I'll eventually like Mikasa in the latter episode because I know she's going to do something badass but at this moment maybe Gabi, she has a great development so far.
Mar 8, 2022 10:26 PM
Jul 2020
Where is Armin tho?
Mar 8, 2022 10:58 PM

Dec 2020
hange and Mikasa?? seriously?? Are we really watching the same show? bruhhhhh

anyways ymir is the best one here. Historia could have been the best but the ending.......
Mar 8, 2022 11:06 PM

Jul 2021
I voted for Hange because she grows. She started as the science officer and had to take over for Erwin. She has doubts but I think that she's growing into it. She held court at the campfire.

But I gotta give it up to Ymir freckles & Gabi for best written. Their arcs are amazing. When I saw Claw in S4, it was just another example of this show going hard.
Mar 9, 2022 5:40 AM
Jun 2021
scavydavy said:
Maybe deez is the best character

Deez who sir? 😨
Mar 9, 2022 6:17 AM

Feb 2020
1. Gabi
2. Hanji
3. Annie
4. Pieck
5. Mikasa
6. Ymir Fritz

...the rest.
too bad Historia after the time skip is bland af.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Part 2 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Apr 3, 2022

551 by aaltairs »»
Sep 14, 6:11 PM

» Does AoT have the most toxic fandom? ( 1 2 3 )

unpredictablech_ - Mar 1, 2022

108 by Zayar2005 »»
Aug 30, 11:42 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Part 2 Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Mar 20, 2022

431 by kfk »»
Aug 29, 12:17 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Part 2 Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Mar 6, 2022

302 by flokigoat »»
Aug 25, 4:05 PM

Poll: » Who suffered the most? (2nd one)(manga readers)

ViViD_AI - Feb 2, 2022

30 by Zarutaku »»
Aug 22, 10:34 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.