Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Genius Prince's Guide to Raising a Nation Out of Debt (Hey, How About Treason?) (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Jan 11, 2022 11:36 AM
May 2021
Fun start to something I wasn't too interested in... nya.

Ninym's brutality caught me offguard, but at that point I knew I would like her... nya.
Jan 11, 2022 11:37 AM

Nov 2014
Looks good so far. I like the general idea for the story. Good voice acting on protagonist. Battle animation (or rather lack of it) as bad as expected. Wein and Ninym interactions are unexpected strong point.

Ash_La said:
The story looks excellent but the production quality seems subpar. Guess they couldn't get enough budget for another isekai

Uhh... it's not an isekai though? For what it's worth, this studio hasn't made any iseaki at all.

hypercowbell said:
As I thought the manga had a lot more skinship and service no wonder this ep felt boring

Damn, we are missing out on some good stuff :|
Jan 11, 2022 11:44 AM

Oct 2018
Anime_Addicter_ said:
Guys, i fell in love with Ninym so hard <3

she is so pretty and has Rie Takahashi 's voice <3
Jan 11, 2022 11:58 AM
May 2014
What's with the lame opening
Jan 11, 2022 12:29 PM

May 2014
Anime_Addicter_ said:

She does have a very cute design, and that glorious sideboob sure activates neurons
But so far seems like an unrealistic "perfect" girl which is good at everything. I wonder if there's room for development.
Though she's 90% reason why I'll watch 2nd episode instead of dropping.
Jan 11, 2022 12:30 PM

May 2021
Rie Takahashi? White/Silver hair? Nyaa? Definitely NekoLia.
The OP and ED are forgettable really.
The premise seems decently entertaining so I will stick with it but I felt this episode was a bit rushed. They need to slow it down a bit.
3/5
RioFSJan 11, 2022 12:54 PM

Jan 11, 2022 12:43 PM

Jun 2021
OK episode.

The story is average, and I don't see what the appeal of the MC is. The long inner monologue he does is very painful to watch and listen. Animation looked average, but better than Genjitsu Shugi Yuusha.

Diet Emilia is cute. That's was the highlight of the episode.
Jan 11, 2022 12:50 PM

Jun 2021
Bit of a rough start, but not so bad. Ninym was a big plus and there's enough here I might delve into the source material sometime.
Jan 11, 2022 12:51 PM

Jun 2021
AnthonyLuffy said:
Anime_Addicter_ said:

she is so pretty and has Rie Takahashi 's voice <3

That voice is pure gold, i love her so much! <3

Kostyazz said:
Anime_Addicter_ said:

She does have a very cute design, and that glorious sideboob sure activates neurons
But so far seems like an unrealistic "perfect" girl which is good at everything. I wonder if there's room for development.
Though she's 90% reason why I'll watch 2nd episode instead of dropping.

Don't drop it! Im sure this anime will be good!
Jan 11, 2022 1:09 PM

May 2013
Pleasant surprise of a show. Hope the rest of the season will be fun.
Jan 11, 2022 1:17 PM
Dec 2020
I actually love this show so much. The Genius Prince's Guide to Raising a Nation Out of Debt is my newest favorite anime of 2022, and it's look even much better than World's End Harem.
Jan 11, 2022 1:30 PM

Jan 2016
HOLY SHIT, RIERI IS VOICING Ninym!

How had I not heard of this?!
Jan 11, 2022 1:39 PM

Dec 2017
Oh, we ended saihate no paladin with yanagi nagi singing the ending and now she is in the op of this anime with the sixth lie wow.
Jan 11, 2022 2:07 PM

Apr 2015
So far this show is definitely being carried by Wein and Ninym, Meow.. Especially the latter who's voiced by none other than Rie Takahashi! Cause everything else is mediocre at best. I guess I'll keep watching it for Ninym, cause holy shit is she a bad-ass beauty!!
Jan 11, 2022 2:25 PM

Dec 2021
It is not like i expected, Wein is just worthless char who have really high intelligence but zero interest, Ninym basically "right hand" of Wein, still dont know what relationship they have, looks like fiancee relation. Didnt expect so much, im going to use 3 episodes rule, Really like art and animation but damn i almost sleep middle of story. Its decent anime
Jan 11, 2022 2:26 PM
Dec 2021
Pleasantly suprised. Mind you i had very very low expectations anx this is maybe a 7/10 at best with subpar humor, meh character designs and not much realism to the combat but generally i likesss it. A solid above average anime to watch weekly.

For some "strict" criticism. An army of 5 thousand probably wouldnt stand in 1 giant fat thick blob and run at the enemy lol. Thats some stone age tactics there. For a "well trained army" and honestly well equipped the fighting is primitive. It even kinda annoyed me given i know maybe way too much about ancient warfare tactics but that's just me.
This will definetely be less "realistic" thN realist hero geopolitically and in general b u t certainly more fun than realist hero which si already apparent. Better and more humor and a way more dynamic plot(already obvious)

I do also enjoy how grey morally the majn character is. No quarrel with sending thousands to possible death. Other MCs could beg to resolve issues diplomatically. This would be more "realistic" id say. The general approach to warfare. I like when he mentioned "small lazy attack". Those were lowkey pretty common in medieval times. Random invasion, skirmish and byebye.

Its apparent this is a comedy centered anime. I wouldnt COMPARE it to realist hero which has null comedy and takes itself relatively seriously. Similar theme but different genre. Like comparing Konosuba and Log Horizon or something.
So this one is less "realistic" per say(from ep 1 atleast) by a margin but much nore enjoyable and well executed(it seems from ep 1 atleast)

Solid looking anime.
Jan 11, 2022 2:27 PM

Jun 2017
"Task failed successfully" - The Anime

Also Ninym is best girl already.
Jan 11, 2022 2:34 PM
Jan 2022
Comedy anime huh? Hoped the joke ain't get old in 3rd or 4th episode and not "trying to be funny but actually not funny". Camera movements in early minutes and some other were unpleasant to see. Might be another anime which the MC is less interesting than side character ones, as he screamed a lot and anime watchers kind hate that, and those CGI troops looks quite bad too. Fortunately Ninym saved the show by showing her merciless and brutal character.
Ardi8Jan 11, 2022 2:39 PM
Jan 11, 2022 2:48 PM

May 2015
Ok this is a great start. I love how they took the Ainz part of him acting like a ruler and just cranked it to 11 with comedy.

I can't wait to see him trying to screw the country while making it stronger.

I also really like the fact the female lead is also in on the comedy. Like she's not in awe like everyone else she's alongside him in the confusion.
Yuritopia FTW!!!!!!!!! BANZAI TO YURI !!!!!!!!!!!!
Jan 11, 2022 2:51 PM

Aug 2020
Episode one was good. We are talking about war tactics and raising a kingdom. This is a unique show that I'll give a watch until the end.

» [The World's Continuation【世界のつづき】- UTA/Ado ♪] «
0:00 〇────── 4:55
↺ |◁ II ▷| ♡

Come and Join us!
Evil Club ψ
FuwaFuwa Sanctuary ✿
✿ DeaD Blossoms ✿
Jan 11, 2022 3:01 PM

Apr 2018
Well, the only worthy thing in this anime is the godly silver haired side boobed thick thighs girl aka Ninym. Wein's pretty fun so that's a good thing that he's just joking around the whole time but still managing to defend his kingdom.
OP and ED are great.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Jan 11, 2022 3:10 PM

Nov 2016
The MC is somewhat likeable in the sense that his bratty attitude inspires brotherly affection.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jan 11, 2022 3:12 PM
Jul 2018
Is the first episode when he's talking about his country, it shows a map of it and there is a familiar looking alphabet. Turns out its from my parents home country of Armenia lul. this is the first time ive seen the country referenced in any anime.
Jan 11, 2022 3:22 PM
Jan 2021
It feels like some of the character defining moments and some of the relationship between wynce and ninyum were kind of just tone down. (come from the light novel)
Jan 11, 2022 3:42 PM

Jun 2015
A little funny and really poor animation. I doubt.
Jan 11, 2022 3:57 PM

Dec 2016
Meh. This is a clear example of a half hearted work.

Even though the comedy isn't bad, it clashes so terribly with the non chalant gore and at the same time the action and strategic values isn't anything worth to mention. I would had prefered a full blown comedy about conquering regions and keeping a kingdom a float or a brutal political/war drama.

I'll give it the 3 episode rule just because discount Emilia might be worthwhile.
Jan 11, 2022 3:58 PM
Dec 2021
Fantastic episode!! Love the 2 MCs, so hot! Great!
Jan 11, 2022 3:58 PM
Jul 2018
It was hilarious as I expected, but the animation is quite mediocre. Can't wait for the next episode!!
Jan 11, 2022 4:09 PM
Jan 2022
The animation was quite good the art style is also attractive.
But the thing that makes the 1st episode kinda bad was the Story telling the pacing was rushed the ln/manga explained everything 1st before they start a war but in anime they just used some throwback. Maybe they really rushing the story.
7.5/10 it's enjoyable tho now i am gonna wait for the guy who talk down to ninym. I wanna see the mc cutting some heads like he did in the ln/mangaa
Jan 11, 2022 4:22 PM

Jul 2021
I thought it was too rushed for a first episode, but I could understand how the anime is going to be. I think as the episodes go on it will get better.
asdasdsadad
Jan 11, 2022 4:24 PM

Sep 2017
Lol this looks like it's gonna be a real low tier fantasy with the male mc surrounded by waifus so that all the sad weebs at home can pick a favourite... but it seems like it's really gonna embrace the stupidity so could be a fun ride.
Jan 11, 2022 4:26 PM
Nov 2021
I was kind of expecting this anime to be like Genjitsu Shugi Yuusha, and I'm so glad its not, the first episode being a lot better than my experience of Genjitsu's season 1.
This anime episode is not one of my favorite anime of this season, at least ranking first episodes, but the animation is good; main herione got Rie Takahashi (voice actor who played Emilia from Re:Zero), so that's nice as well; and its amusing, although not exactly funny.
Jan 11, 2022 4:26 PM

Oct 2021
Pretty basic war, the comedy doesn't suit my taste even tho I'm a fan of misunderstanding comedy, it seems like I really need to get attached to the charas first, but they seem quite boring with Ninym is like your typical stoic waifu.
The ending with closeup on their hands is really sweet and wholesome tho, guess I'm hooked by their relationship, so I hope this isn't harem.
Jan 11, 2022 5:16 PM

Sep 2020
Here's hoping that the four simpleminded subordinates will always find one way or another to force the genius prince to expand the kingdom.
Jan 11, 2022 5:32 PM
Nov 2018
I'm so in. Any show that can make me laugh is good. It's not as intricate as Realist, but it makes up for it in comedic value.
Jan 11, 2022 5:42 PM

Mar 2014
do teenagers nowadays really enjoy shits like this involving modern national economic tactics complied in a fantasy world? underage animes like princess precure are much better than this shit.
Jan 11, 2022 6:01 PM
Feb 2018
this is awesome so far, I am sold! The VA of Adalet from Rokka and Emilia from Re:Zero so excellent work there. Mixed with some faced paced comedy and geopolitics. Works for me, does not need to be complicated just a little more bearable then that realist hero show.
Jan 11, 2022 6:10 PM

Jan 2011
this was okay if not thing else it will just be another seasonal waifu fodder which is working because Takahashi Rie is the main lead

not expecting any well thought out military and politics because everything that was rushed already was mostly super basic and straight forward

was questioning if it was actually a comedy little brutal to open up your first episode with some beheadings but uh okay (was a little caught off by that)

while the OP is very lazy and boring i liked the song
Jan 11, 2022 6:29 PM
Feb 2019
I went into this thinking it would be more like realist hero so I didn't really super expect the comedy take. This is probably somewhat superficial, but I didn't like the switch between 2D and 3D. The plot, story, characters seem average. I'll give it another 2 episodes but it didn't capture me like realist hero did in the first episode.
Jan 11, 2022 6:34 PM
Jun 2016
Apu-Hasan said:
He is wanky and lazy version of realist hero.
It seems each of his speech and ideas works with supreme luck.
Last day we got onee-san now we got Imōto. LOL
Ninym could make a great waifu. She looks a bit like Emilia. That's nice.

LOL I don't want to add more observant comment.
well she is also voiced by same actress as Emilia
Jan 11, 2022 7:08 PM

Mar 2020
Realist Hero is better than this shit. Here we go again another isekai with generic design characters, waifu bait (copy of Emilia design with Rie Takahashi? don't tempted me like that, it doesn't work). Lazy plot, boring concept, mediocre animation/art, suck and crap music/OST, lagged 5 FPS/frames camera works, edgy MC with cool design make some ugly wh0re horny.
Jan 11, 2022 7:40 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
Imo this was surprisingly good, I really liked the main character, Prince Wein, his personality is fun and it’s unique for a fantasy anime from what I’ve seen, and the waifu Ninym is great, she definitely hits a lot of check marks lol. The plot is fun too, it was the main reason I picked this one. It’s a shame to hear it’s pretty rushed, but so far it hasn’t hurt it for me so we’ll see how it goes. For now, I’m really looking forward to more.

And the OP was very good, the visuals weren’t so much but the song was very good, definitely a fan of THE SIXTH LIE because of their Golden Kamuy EDs. And the ED was good too, once again the visuals not so much but the song was great.
Jan 11, 2022 9:08 PM
May 2021
Not bad for a first episode. Actually made me laugh in some parts. Lot of people say it’s a competitor to Realist Hero, and I can definitely see that. Definitely gonna be looking forward to the future. And hey, get to hear Emilia’s voiceover as well, good bonus.
Jan 11, 2022 11:32 PM
Jan 2021
another cringe anime, identical to "How a Realist Hero Rebuilt the Kingdom"! you don't try to find different ones, because you will be disappointed!!! 3/10
Jan 12, 2022 12:01 AM
Dec 2017
Yup, unexpected element but this kind of thing is okay too and their execution is much better than I've expected. Of course, this is only my opinion
"Life isn't always bright as daylight, the real personality of every person is when the night comes and the moonlight that shines through the dark hours."

Jan 12, 2022 1:06 AM

Sep 2020
pretty decent start for a show with comedy on the center
and i really love that war tactic minimap and soldiers like chess
CGI was kinda of on the start but it was ok for the rest of the episode
so looking forward to it
Jan 12, 2022 1:30 AM

May 2013
The animation is kind of weird. The pacing seems rushing. It's kind of funny because the MC is like the reverse of the Realist Hero.
Jan 12, 2022 2:32 AM
May 2021
Yeah it's good. Actually it's so funny VA's so good so far and bgm sync. It's also feels good to seeing the soilder's not 3DCGI.
Jan 12, 2022 2:41 AM

May 2021
Resolution1337 said:
Realist Hero is better than this shit. Here we go again another isekai with generic design characters, waifu bait (copy of Emilia design with Rie Takahashi? don't tempted me like that, it doesn't work). Lazy plot, boring concept, mediocre animation/art, suck and crap music/OST, lagged 5 FPS/frames camera works, edgy MC with cool design make some ugly wh0re horny.

JuSt AnOtHeR TrAsH AnD GeNeRiC IsEkAi, RiGhT?

Jan 12, 2022 2:47 AM

May 2020
Well for once I actually liked the character designs, and humor for most part too was somewhat decent, with the main dude himself being prominently involved. So yeah atleast it was something that can make me look forward to those coming episodes.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tensai Ouji no Akaji Kokka Saisei Jutsu Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 1, 2022

41 by katakumplat »»
Jun 21, 5:17 PM

Poll: » Tensai Ouji no Akaji Kokka Saisei Jutsu Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 22, 2022

72 by katakumplat »»
Jun 16, 3:57 AM

Poll: » Tensai Ouji no Akaji Kokka Saisei Jutsu Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 1, 2022

79 by katakumplat »»
Jun 2, 9:47 AM

Poll: » Tensai Ouji no Akaji Kokka Saisei Jutsu Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 25, 2022

73 by katakumplat »»
Jun 1, 8:16 AM

Poll: » Tensai Ouji no Akaji Kokka Saisei Jutsu Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 18, 2022

97 by katakumplat »»
May 19, 1:16 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.