Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jan 23, 2022 8:46 AM

Mar 2016
Half-and-half. All you need to know. I know waifu bait anime when I see any, though it doesn’t necessarily mean it’s automatically awful by any means. Other aspects need to be weighted and taken into account as well.
Jan 23, 2022 9:09 AM
May 2021
So far nothing special. Just waifu bait. Pretty average. 6/10
Jan 23, 2022 10:04 AM
Dec 2021
Watch it for the plot
Jan 23, 2022 1:48 PM
Oct 2014
I actually heard about the show in advance and put a reminder on it for a couple of reasons, the biggest one is I'm interested to see how close they get towards the end of the series.
Yes she's cute, yes he's painfully timid, yes her secret hobby is out of character, yes his hobby is beyond weird, but I wanna see how close they get.
Jan 23, 2022 2:16 PM
Jan 2016
If you think this is waifu bait then you're failing to see the bigger picture and the show isn't for you.
Jan 23, 2022 2:20 PM
Jan 2016
kyou_on said:
I go in expecting pure romance SoL but turns out it’s just ecchi waifu bait.

If I want to watch something like that, I much prefer nagatoro because it’s at least funny and everything is like in the trailer/advertised.

This anime is like half baked of everything. Says rom-com but there’s no romance yet and comedy 404 not found.
you expected romance in the first 3 episodes?

Also it isn't a comedy. The tags are Romance and Slice of Life, that's it
prrgangstaJan 23, 2022 2:24 PM
Jan 23, 2022 6:39 PM

Sep 2015
prrgangsta said:
kyou_on said:
I go in expecting pure romance SoL but turns out it’s just ecchi waifu bait.

If I want to watch something like that, I much prefer nagatoro because it’s at least funny and everything is like in the trailer/advertised.

This anime is like half baked of everything. Says rom-com but there’s no romance yet and comedy 404 not found.

Yeah this is year 2022 now. Romance anime has already evolved my friend. Just look at horimiya, bunny senpai and wotaku. So far, the girl is using her body to take advantage of the guy. It’s only sexual attraction and zero romance.

Fanboys have been calling this wholesome rom-com and I fail to see it other than ecchi so far.
Truth is absolute but human perception of truth is always relative.
Jan 23, 2022 6:54 PM
Jan 2016
kyou_on said:
prrgangsta said:

Yeah this is year 2022 now. Romance anime has already evolved my friend. Just look at horimiya, bunny senpai and wotaku. So far, the girl is using her body to take advantage of the guy. It’s only sexual attraction and zero romance.

Fanboys have been calling this wholesome rom-com and I fail to see it other than ecchi so far.

I won't deny he is sexually attracted to her but that doesn't mean the romance doesn't or can't exist. Their relationships was nothing more than classmates, which will become a friendship with some teasing until it grows into something more.

Also why wouldn't he be attracted to her? Yes, she is pretty but she is the first person to ever look at Gojo and see his love for hina dolls and not judge him negatively for it

And if anything Marin had it worse because she HAD friends but she couldn't discuss her hobby because no one shared in her interests.

Being alone is one thing, but having friends and feeling alone is probably worse in my books. Now she has Gojo to talk about these things with and their circle will likely grow like their relationship
Jan 23, 2022 7:31 PM

Apr 2021
Ah yes, "waifu bait". Yet another buzz word that gets thrown around by every single idiot on this scene as a way to "criticize" something that everyone loves because they aren't even competent enough to formilate actual critical reviews, and so resort to just calling shit "cringy" to make themselves artifically superior and boast about their "superior taste".
Jan 23, 2022 8:32 PM
Sep 2019
It's pretty good SoL anime. And if you're really interest then I recommend you to watch for the plot and concept of the show.
Jan 23, 2022 8:50 PM
Jun 2021
Worth it. Worth it.
Jan 24, 2022 10:53 PM
Oct 2021
No es la típica gal irritante y exasperante de otros mangas, es una waifu que se expresa con lo que realmente piensa y siente, con el plus de los cosplays y la rom-com de fondo
Jan 25, 2022 12:28 AM

Aug 2018
waifu bait = worth watching
Jan 26, 2022 10:51 AM

Feb 2018
Lagendazy said:
It's pretty good SoL anime. And if you're really interest then I recommend you to watch for the plot and concept of the show.

Love your serious answer, man. I've been intrigued by the sewing part of this series but was drived away by the overflowing fanservice from the videos I had seen.
Jan 26, 2022 10:45 PM

Oct 2017
prrgangsta said:
If you think this is waifu bait then you're failing to see the bigger picture and the show isn't for you.

Lol wtf is the bigger picture? It's literally just been fan service for now. The second episode was pointlessly dragged out fan service scene
Jan 27, 2022 12:08 PM

Jan 2020
70% waifu bait, 30% story. The plot is kinda fresh but it's your typical romance story that only sells because it has a good waifu. I mean, even japanese authors have recognized that having a sympathetic fmc is more important than the plot, so i don't understand why fans get triggered when you call a show "waifu bait", it's not an insult, just reality.
5ReinheitJan 27, 2022 12:11 PM
Jan 27, 2022 12:45 PM

Feb 2018
Reinheit_Hezen said:
The plot is kinda fresh but it's your typical romance story that only sells because it has a good waifu. I mean, even japanese authors have recognized that having a sympathetic fmc is more important than the plot, so i don't understand why fans get triggered when you call a show "waifu bait", it's not an insult, just reality.

I second this, it's not to make people feel bad about it,

-SP- said:
prrgangsta said:

Lol wtf is the bigger picture? It's literally just been fan service for now. The second episode was pointlessly dragged out fan service scene

Oh boy, I hate when they do that. I guess I hope the story sections prevails after some episodes and I might give it a chance.
Jan 27, 2022 2:25 PM
Sep 2021
You must be joking me. Waifu bait actually worth watching you know
Jan 28, 2022 2:46 PM
Jan 2016
-SP- said:
prrgangsta said:

Again, if you can't see it then the show isn't for you
Jan 28, 2022 3:50 PM
Apr 2016
prrgangsta said:
-SP- said:

I love it when some dude justify watching borderline hentai by "you don t see the bigger picture"
Jan 28, 2022 3:55 PM
Jan 2018
I don't know what waifu bait is to be honest. However, the anime is exactly what it says it is, a slice of life romantic anime about two people from different personal experiences. So if you want to watch a simple anime with a simple plot with decent characters it's a good anime for that so far. I'd personally say it's worth watching assuming you like slice of life animes or simple romantic animes.
Jan 28, 2022 4:31 PM
Jan 2016
Franck_Nicolas said:
prrgangsta said:

I love it when some dude justify watching borderline hentai by "you don t see the bigger picture"
if this is "borderline hentai", then any anime with a beach episode is borderline hentai
Jan 29, 2022 8:49 PM

Oct 2017
prrgangsta said:
-SP- said:

You've watched 6 series and now think you're some kind of Anime expert that can "see the big picture?"
Jan 29, 2022 10:46 PM

Jul 2019
Reinheit_Hezen said:
70% waifu bait, 30% story. The plot is kinda fresh but it's your typical romance story that only sells because it has a good waifu. I mean, even japanese authors have recognized that having a sympathetic fmc is more important than the plot, so i don't understand why fans get triggered when you call a show "waifu bait", it's not an insult, just reality.

i mean, it is "waifu bait"... if I'm blind while watching the show lmao.
Jan 29, 2022 10:48 PM

Jul 2019
"Waifu bait". a pretty original word/critique
Jan 29, 2022 11:32 PM

Apr 2017
waifu bait. same thing with franxx and kakegurui making weebs go apeshitt over a nicely drawn anime girl
Jan 30, 2022 12:32 AM

Aug 2020
It has good pictures.
Keep scrolling
Jan 30, 2022 3:48 AM
Jan 2016
-SP- said:
prrgangsta said:

You've watched 6 series and now think you're some kind of Anime expert that can "see the big picture?"
you assume that because I only have 6 series on this profile that is all I have watched in my life? I haven't added every series I have ever watched and it would take too long to do it
Jan 30, 2022 6:01 AM

Jul 2019
Sometimes Gojo kill the vibe bc yknow, gotta have pure af mc who has never seen a woman in his life.

But its a nice relationship once he gets past those episodes.
Jan 30, 2022 6:21 AM
Apr 2021
Wow, so many little virgin haters here. Anime is great! Best in the season.
Jan 30, 2022 6:33 AM

Nov 2016
The waifu fanservice may initially draw some in, but following that one will realize that this series has more to offer. It's a fun and wholesome rom-com with cosplaying as an interesting subject matter.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jan 31, 2022 3:35 AM

Dec 2018
Kaguya- Sama will be only Romance seinen without unnecessary fanservice which got popular I guess. In this case, just after the thumbnail you can see that it is filled with forced fanservice :P.
Jan 31, 2022 7:41 AM

May 2009
ReegrezSNK said:
Kaguya- Sama will be only Romance seinen without unnecessary fanservice which got popular I guess. In this case, just after the thumbnail you can see that it is filled with forced fanservice :P.

They packed all fanservice into ova https://files.catbox.moe/8ax6y0.mp4
Jan 31, 2022 7:49 AM

Dec 2018
bastek66 said:
ReegrezSNK said:

They packed all fanservice into ova https://files.catbox.moe/8ax6y0.mp4

True, author of the manga made fun of situation, that his manga is the only Seinen RomCom (or one of few I didn't watch a lot Romance Anime) without fanservice, that got popular, this episode was a kind of parody of the whole genre, this should show the scale of the problem XD Average romcom is like that but whole time.
Jan 31, 2022 8:48 AM

May 2009
ReegrezSNK said:
True, author of the manga made fun of situation, that his manga is the only Seinen RomCom (or one of few I didn't watch a lot Romance Anime) without fanservice, that got popular, this episode was a kind of parody of the whole genre, this should show the scale of the problem XD Average romcom is like that but whole time.

You know that: Kawaisou, Demi-chan, D-Frag, Hi Score girl, Inari Konkon, Koi Ame, Kono Bijutsubu, Mikakunin, Wave listen to me, Nyan-koi, Love Lab, Rike koi, Servant x Service, Working are all adaptations of seinen manga?
Jan 31, 2022 8:54 AM

Dec 2018
bastek66 said:
ReegrezSNK said:

You know that: Kawaisou, Demi-chan, D-Frag, Hi Score girl, Inari Konkon, Koi Ame, Kono Bijutsubu, Mikakunin, Wave listen to me, Nyan-koi, Love Lab, Rike koi, Servant x Service, Working are all adaptations of seinen manga?

I checked these now, and maybe I am wrong or I'm just using the wrong way to measure the popularity of these titles but for me 100/200/300 k members on MAL is not so popular, I can't check manga/LN or Blu-ray sales of these so I have to rely on statistics from MAL. We really can call these shows popular?

Edit: some of them also had a Harem theme, are you sure there was no forced fanservice in them? :P I didn't watch these so I can't tell.
ReegrezSNKJan 31, 2022 8:58 AM
Jan 31, 2022 9:02 AM

May 2015
Franck_Nicolas said:
prrgangsta said:

You gave DxD an 8, can it with the faux moral superiority
Jan 31, 2022 9:32 AM

Jan 2017
Waifu bait or not, if you're into that typical romcom stuff, regardless of how trash/good they are, then go for it.

I dig the genre, I don't give two fcks about them girls of the show, nor its unhealthy amount of fanservice. I just want that small pinch of serotonin to spoil my single ass. That's all that really matters.
Jan 31, 2022 9:37 AM

Sep 2018
I mean, yeah, it's waifu bait, but It's not like The Detective is Already Dead for example, where the story is nonsensical and bland, if you like slice of life/romcom, then I see no reason why you wouldn't enjoy this.

A show like this is personally right up my alley.
Jan 31, 2022 10:01 AM

May 2009
ReegrezSNK said:
bastek66 said:

I checked these now, and maybe I am wrong or I'm just using the wrong way to measure the popularity of these titles but for me 100/200/300 k members on MAL is not so popular, I can't check manga/LN or Blu-ray sales of these so I have to rely on statistics from MAL. We really can call these shows popular?

Edit: some of them also had a Harem theme, are you sure there was no forced fanservice in them? :P I didn't watch these so I can't tell.

Only D-Frag is harem and there is fanservice but not much ecchi besides Takao.
Jan 31, 2022 10:38 AM

Dec 2018
bastek66 said:
ReegrezSNK said:

Only D-Frag is harem and there is fanservice but not much ecchi besides Takao.

I can't tell if these shows are popular or not because MAL mambers number it's not so good measure of general popularity, especially in Japan which is main market, maybe these shows are popular but I higly doubt it. I didn't say that other Seinen RomComs without fanservice don't exist, but I found that very few of them have become popular. I am not into this genre in general, maybe Romcoms with fanservice also are not so popular, you should be expert here :P If you watch a lot of Romcoms, you should be able to judge whether series in which there is more fanservice have easier job to become popular.
Jan 31, 2022 11:54 AM

May 2009
ReegrezSNK said:
I can't tell if these shows are popular or not because MAL mambers number it's not so good measure of general popularity, especially in Japan which is main market, maybe these shows are popular but I higly doubt it. I didn't say that other Seinen RomComs without fanservice don't exist, but I found that very few of them have become popular. I am not into this genre in general, maybe Romcoms with fanservice also are not so popular, you should be expert here :P If you watch a lot of Romcoms, you should be able to judge whether series in which there is more fanservice have easier job to become popular.

Being seinen only means that manga is published in seinen magazine, it has nothing to do with story.
Jan 31, 2022 12:56 PM

Dec 2018
bastek66 said:
ReegrezSNK said:

Being seinen only means that manga is published in seinen magazine, it has nothing to do with story.

You are right but Seinen magazines are naturally more open to content containing fanservice. In shounen magazines you can find Romcoms without fanservice easy far as I know. :D
Jan 31, 2022 12:58 PM

May 2009
ReegrezSNK said:
bastek66 said:

You are right but Seinen magazines are naturally more open to content containing fanservice. In shounen magazines you can find Romcoms without fanservice easy far as I know. :D

Wrong, To Love-Ru is from Weekly Shounen Jump (and Darkness from Jump Square). There is as much ecchi in bothd demographics magazines.
Jan 31, 2022 1:02 PM

Dec 2018
bastek66 said:
ReegrezSNK said:

Wrong, To Love-Ru is from Weekly Shounen Jump (and Darkness from Jump Square). There is as much ecchi in bothd demographics magazines.

So I was just wrong, now at least my knowledge is increasing, so far I avoided this genre a little, but now I delve a little deeper, so my posts are based on what someone once told me, not on personal experience, thanks for clarifying.
Jan 31, 2022 2:02 PM
Apr 2016
billybub said:
Franck_Nicolas said:

You gave DxD an 8, can it with the faux moral superiority

I didn t said hentai was bad? I m just mocking guys who think a hentai anime has "a bigger picture" lol
Jan 31, 2022 7:00 PM
Feb 2018
It's worth watching for me atleast, yeah the plot seems kinda cliche but this giving me Kimi ni Todoke vibes and Gojo feels like male version of Kuronuma Sawako, the 2D girl i love the most. Also, Kitagawa Marin is good heroine, just need more depths atleast with his best boy Gojo.
Jan 31, 2022 7:26 PM
Feb 2018
FMmatron said:
The waifu fanservice may initially draw some in, but following that one will realize that this series has more to offer. It's a fun and wholesome rom-com with cosplaying as an interesting subject matter.

This. For me, i just speedrun the manga think it was fun, atleast. Yeah Marin is cute and prolly the selling point in general but for me all the things Gojo do and his mentality about his hobby is what i loved the most.

If you had to ask me, Gojo existence is #1, All these explanations about cosplay related things is #2, Marin is #3 for me.

But yeah, at some point this series offer hard ecchi lmao.
Jan 31, 2022 11:42 PM
Dec 2021
Worth watching it is fun and just a light hearted show and also read the manga it is also good.
Feb 1, 2022 4:05 AM
Jul 2020
This shi so cringe bro
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sono Bisque Doll wa Koi wo Suru Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 15, 2022

369 by ExpertBev »»
11 hours ago

Poll: » Sono Bisque Doll wa Koi wo Suru Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Homura24 - Mar 26, 2022

498 by AnchientProphet2 »»
Sep 20, 12:03 AM

Poll: » Sono Bisque Doll wa Koi wo Suru Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 19, 2022

200 by phantom346 »»
Sep 13, 6:22 PM

Poll: » Sono Bisque Doll wa Koi wo Suru Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

NextUniverse - Feb 5, 2022

262 by phantom346 »»
Sep 12, 10:21 PM

Poll: » Sono Bisque Doll wa Koi wo Suru Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 22, 2022

241 by phantom346 »»
Sep 12, 1:26 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.