Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jan 16, 2022 11:13 AM
Jul 2018
Way better than the first episode and I'm hyped for the next episode, probably the best scene in recent episodes is gonna be adapted
Jan 16, 2022 11:16 AM
Apr 2021
okay, so why did Elena give that expression? there is no reason for her to get angry?
Jan 16, 2022 11:17 AM

Apr 2021
Amazing episode. They really worked on that Beast Titan CGI and the camera angles make it really hard to tell apart from 2D except from the much more non-matching and arguably uglier fluid movements of CGI titans. I can live with that as long as I see great production quality and I can definitely say MAPPA did great work. The entry of Zeke was neat and so was the Cart Titan's bait tactic. Reiner really done with life at this point. Gabi's actually getting better. A lot of stuff going on rn and I wish I never saw Yelena's angry face now imma have trouble sleeping.
Can't wait for the next episode this season is definitely a 10/10 rn. OP and ED are better than I initially thought too.
CreepHazardJan 16, 2022 11:24 AM
Jan 16, 2022 11:23 AM

Sep 2016
Enjoyed the episode however a few jump cuts bothered me. Such as the scene where Gabi and Falco were in some alleyway then immediately behind a small wall, and then immediately in a house.
Jan 16, 2022 11:24 AM

Aug 2019
Enjoyable episode.

The 1-2 minute recap to begin with wasn't really necessary, but with adapting 1 chapter an episode, there's inevitably going to be some padding of some sort to stretch it out, which is something I didn't think I'd be saying 12 months ago when S4P1 was airing.

The OST used at the start was fantastic though and it's lighter tone contrasted well with the carnage being shown during the battle.

There was a lot of dialogue in this episode, which I couldn't remember being as drawn out in the manga as it was in this episode, but I thought the conversation between the Gabi, Falco and Colt was interesting with Gabi ultimately coming to the realisation that there were no devils on Paradis, just people.

The dichotomy between Gabi, now not wanting to kill, and Kaya is interesting in that she was originally a pacifist until she found out who killed Sasha, and now she's become the one who's out for cold-blooded revenge.

Thought the use of the ApeTitan OST was great as well during the Beast's entrance, but I really wish MAPPA would go into the archives and use a few more tracks from Sawano's library, because there are plenty there to choose from. The 2D Beast Titan was really nice though.

The only negative : I really wish the sound director would stop beating the 'Ashes on Fire' drum every couple of episodes. I get that it's Marley's theme tune and they wanted to demonstrate that they were fighting back, but it's getting repetitive.
Jan 16, 2022 11:25 AM

May 2021
Not gonna lie I honestly got scared for Armin when Yellana made this face, but Yelena supremacy all the way, and another beautiful episode can't wait for episode three.

“๐˜๐˜ฏ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฉ๐˜ถ๐˜ฎ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ ๐˜ธ๐˜ฐ๐˜ณ๐˜ญ๐˜ฅ, ๐˜ต๐˜ณ๐˜ถ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜ฅ ๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ๐˜ข๐˜ญ๐˜ช๐˜ต๐˜บ ๐˜ข๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ’๐˜ต ๐˜ข๐˜ญ๐˜ธ๐˜ข๐˜บ๐˜ด ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜ฅ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ด๐˜ข๐˜ฎ๐˜ฆ. ๐˜๐˜ถ๐˜ฎ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜ด ๐˜ซ๐˜ถ๐˜ด๐˜ต ๐˜ค๐˜ข๐˜ญ๐˜ญ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ช๐˜ณ ๐˜ฅ๐˜ฆ๐˜ด๐˜ช๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ๐˜ด ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜ฅ ๐˜ข๐˜ฎ๐˜ฃ๐˜ช๐˜ต๐˜ช๐˜ฐ๐˜ฏ๐˜ด ๐˜ข๐˜ด “๐˜ต๐˜ณ๐˜ถ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ”. ๐˜๐˜ถ๐˜ฎ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜ด ๐˜ธ๐˜ช๐˜ญ๐˜ญ ๐˜ฆ๐˜ท๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ ๐˜ฌ๐˜ช๐˜ญ๐˜ญ ๐˜ฐ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ ๐˜ฉ๐˜ถ๐˜ฎ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜ด ๐˜ช๐˜ง ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜บ ๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ท๐˜ฆ “๐˜ต๐˜ณ๐˜ถ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ” ๐˜ข๐˜ด ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ ๐˜ฆ๐˜น๐˜ค๐˜ถ๐˜ด๐˜ฆ.” – ๐˜š๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜ฆ๐˜ต๐˜ฐ๐˜ด๐˜ฉ๐˜ช ๐˜ž๐˜ข๐˜ต๐˜ข๐˜ด๐˜ฆ
สแด€sแดœสœแด€ - า“สŸสแด…แด€ส แด„สœษชษดแด€แด›แดแดกษด

Jan 16, 2022 11:29 AM
Jul 2020
Good episode:)

Is it only me who just isn’t warming up to this new op an ed? Of all the AoT op this may be the weakest one for me, which is a bit sad coz this is the final season.
Jan 16, 2022 11:29 AM

Dec 2020
Well a good ep, better than previous one. I dont hate this CGI but I will never be impressed by this level of CGI. Beast titan looked better and more detailed than part 1 but there wasn't any drastic improvement in the movement of beast titan's CGI.
I knew the pacing will be off but I think I can deal with it. At this point I think Mappa just don't know how to use ost, random youtubers uses osts better than them.
I still haven't seen a single good odm gear scene, so I hope when Armin and co uses them mappa will go all out.
Armin legit pissed his pants when he saw Yelena's face lmfao. That Yelena pose was still miles better in the manga but honestly it wasn't that bad in the anime but it wasn't epic at all.
A overall 8/10 and yet again demon slayer ep overshadows aot ep for me.
HeadpattsJan 16, 2022 11:39 AM
Jan 16, 2022 11:37 AM
Feb 2020
I hate Yelena so much, I wanted to punch her in the face and than keep punching her in the face until I couldn't punch her anymore in the face,

This ep was mostly just a setup for the next ep and m so looking forward to it,

Gabi feeling sad was a delight, she regretted killing Sasha and it felt good, that bitch deserve it,

And just like always OP is starting to sound amazing and it gets better every time I hear it

Good work mappa
Jan 16, 2022 11:37 AM

Dec 2020
Phosphophyllita said:
I think they should change the title to "Cringeki no Kyojin", Jesus Christ sometimes I want to hide my face.

So, Armin and Mikasa want to stop Zeke, did they forget that Armin is the colossal titan and could literally explode Zeke anytime he wants?
if Armin transforms he would explode the entire town so thats why he isn't, it was shown in the marley arc tho......
Jan 16, 2022 11:42 AM

Mar 2009
Stark700 said:
Sigh, every time I watch Falco in this war drama, it feels like he's in the wrong show compared to fellow warriors.

He's just too pure. Can't help but root for him and Gaby now that she realized the brainwashing they been through.
Jan 16, 2022 11:47 AM
Jun 2021
Am i the only one waiting for levi??
Jan 16, 2022 11:48 AM

Oct 2020
Phosphophyllita said:
I think they should change the title to "Cringeki no Kyojin", Jesus Christ sometimes I want to hide my face.

So, Armin and Mikasa want to stop Zeke, did they forget that Armin is the colossal titan and could literally explode Zeke anytime he wants?

Except they don't wanna kill him??? They still need him you know. Also he would kill people on his side by doing that too.

LillyZ said:
okay, so why did Elena give that expression? there is no reason for her to get angry?

She knows Armin is lying so she was testing him.
Jan 16, 2022 11:51 AM

Mar 2021
I can't believe I was this hyped to see the Beast Titan again :D And the old ApeTitan OST... I LOVE IT

xkara said:
Yelana's expression from 100 to 0...

That face scared THE HELL OUT OF ME LMAO, like DAMN YELENA WHAT DID POOR ARMIN DO TO YOU ;__; deranged yelena is funny asf!!

deg said:
Gabi redemption completed eh

I hated her a lot since she appeared, but I had to clap during this scene. MASSIVE W for Gabi!! I can't help but root for her now

Also my man Falco. Suddenly confessing his love and that he wants to marry Gabi. What a CHAD!!!

By the way, Neil is the goat for helping Falco escape. What a man.

I can't wait to see the next 3 episodes, you manga readers have been hyping them up so much!! LETS GOOOOOOOOOOOO
OdabraniJan 16, 2022 11:57 AM

Jan 16, 2022 11:51 AM

Jul 2020
Amazing episode again this week!
Jan 16, 2022 11:58 AM

Aug 2020
Very dialogue heavy setup chapter but everything was in order

The next 3 or 4 episodes will break the Internet once again, can't wait for that shit again
Jan 16, 2022 11:59 AM
Dec 2019
That face Yelena made to Armin was creepy as hell. She looked like she was about to end him right there.
Jan 16, 2022 12:03 PM

Jul 2020
is it just me or the music in this ep was totally lit?! Goosebumps. And more to come!!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 16, 2022 12:05 PM
Nov 2019
LillyZ said:

To understand the context of this scene, remember Armin's crying scene in season 4 episode 16. He really convinced Yelena that he agrees with Zeke's plan then, that's why she had this angry expression when she discovered he was acting then.
Jan 16, 2022 12:10 PM

Jul 2020
I really like how Eren has so few lines in these first episodes despite his importance. It adds to his ambiguous motives.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 16, 2022 12:10 PM

Oct 2020
We got to see the Beast titan in action again, and oh boy, it was a massacre. Mikasa decided to not wear her scarf, interesting. Heh, Yelena's face was quite a hilarious sight to see. Falco finally confessed to gabi, though his feelings were pretty obvious before. An amazing episode this week and, I can't wait to see more!
Jan 16, 2022 12:13 PM

Feb 2021
still can't find the subbed ep so using the manga for dialogue lol
Jan 16, 2022 12:14 PM
Apr 2021
N0-0NE2 said:
LillyZ said:

To understand the context of this scene, remember Armin's crying scene in season 4 episode 16. He really convinced Yelena that he agrees with Zeke's plan then, that's why she had this angry expression when she discovered he was acting then.
I see, thanks, needed to refresh my memory since it was quite a while ago haha
Jan 16, 2022 12:15 PM
Apr 2021
I_Am_Freeballing said:
Phosphophyllita said:

Except they don't wanna kill him??? They still need him you know. Also he would kill people on his side by doing that too.

LillyZ said:

She knows Armin is lying so she was testing him.
ah, I see, thanks!
Jan 16, 2022 12:33 PM

Nov 2016
AoT is indeed the best anime of all time...when it comes to edgy facial expressions xD Move aside Kakegurui.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jan 16, 2022 12:42 PM
May 2019
The OSTs that were chosen for this episode were perfect. Definitely set the tone and I felt it added depth to the character development in this episode, especially Gabi's (also finally, am I right? LOL).

Also, anyone else catch/get excited when Reiner talked about Eren at the end of the EP and used the same lines from the Season 2 finale? That scene got me mad hype!
Jan 16, 2022 12:43 PM
Aug 2015
Zeke showed up and annoying girl is finally gaining some sense.

And darn Yelena‘s face.
Jan 16, 2022 12:57 PM

Mar 2020
how tf was that 23 minutes?damn
good ep overall,a lot of things were happening at the same time,the only thing i didnt like was the music choice at the end when zeke gets shot,it was totally out of place,they are over using the same ost,bt nice ep overall i guess
i guess real stuff starts frm next ep
Jan 16, 2022 1:12 PM
Jan 2021
So, this might sound weird but yall have no idea how long ive been waiting for Zeke saying "Leave the rest to your big brother" and i wasnt dissapointed
Jan 16, 2022 1:15 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Oh damn Zeke's appearance with the shooting and falling scene at the end while standing in front of Eren... not surprising to get a confession like that from Falco though, since his time is probably counted...
Jan 16, 2022 1:17 PM
Apr 2021
Is anybody else not getting the episode on Hulu? It should’ve come out like 30 minutes ago
Jan 16, 2022 1:18 PM

Dec 2020
What a plot twist i know it they take exactly that moment to end this episode.

Tbh i love this ED it’s so good
P O S I T I V E V I B E Sใ‚ท

Jan 16, 2022 1:20 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
That Yelena face is quite amped up from it's source in the manga, lol. The animators really had fun with that one.

They're doing a nice job adapting this. I have no complaints.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jan 16, 2022 1:24 PM

Aug 2019
Sir_Finn_Boii said:
So, this might sound weird but yall have no idea how long ive been waiting for Zeke saying "Leave the rest to your big brother" and i wasnt dissapointed

Right before the OP hits as well.
Jan 16, 2022 1:25 PM
Nov 2019
God, even having read the manga, these cliffhangers are agonising
Jan 16, 2022 1:26 PM

Jul 2011
Look Eren, your onii-chan is here. UwU.

Was good this episode, for having so many characters seeing that the situation is so bad, that they not sure what to do next.
Jan 16, 2022 1:28 PM
Dec 2021
an amazing episode. gabi's realisation was so impactful! can't wait till next week.
Jan 16, 2022 1:29 PM

May 2017
the pacing feels a little off. I don't know if its just me, but almost every scene inhibits some kind of short pauses before they continue talking, yeah some are intentional dramatic breaks but some scenes just feel dragged.

Production is quite rough to be honest. Hoping they will pop off in some of the upcoming episodes. The CG itself might be better than last seasons but the overall production feels like a step down so far. Last season had quite a few highlight episodes and scenes, this season has yet to show a single impressive scene.
Jan 16, 2022 1:31 PM

Nov 2012
Ah next episode... the beginning of the end is finally next week.
Jan 16, 2022 1:39 PM

Jun 2017
They nailed Yelena's rape face, just GLORIOUS!
Jan 16, 2022 1:40 PM

Sep 2020
We need to stop with these 5-minute episodes smh

the episode itself was pretty good, 2d beast titan looks so good

Jun Shishido popping off with the direction

next week is where it starts getting real
Jan 16, 2022 1:40 PM
Jul 2018
idk why everyone's so sad about Mikasa taking off her scarf, she's being wearing it for like 10 years straight it must smell like shit
Jan 16, 2022 1:41 PM
Oct 2020
The blonde girl loves MIkasa so much.

Eren titan looks like Tarzan.
Jan 16, 2022 1:42 PM

Jul 2019
Ost choice was better than last episode however some action scenes had pretty slow pacing, Eren's scream needed louder music.

The dialogue scenes were perfect and that should tell us that the next 3 episodes are going to be godly.
Jan 16, 2022 1:44 PM

Jun 2021
how is this anime not a 10 out of 10 for some people I don't understand
“this world is merciless, and it’s also very beautiful”
Jan 16, 2022 1:46 PM

Jan 2018
I loved this episode so freaking much, the soundtrack is amazing and perfect honestly.
Falco confessing to Gabi was a really cute moment!!
Yelenas face that she made getting animated was so funny and I can already imagine the memes coming in.
But overall I enjoyed this episode a lot and I can't process the fact that it was 23 mins, that felt really short.

Jan 16, 2022 1:48 PM

Aug 2009
Absolutely fucking excellent episode. I have noticed a lot of hate for Gabi's character in the threads for Part 1, but I have always liked her character. By having her be extremely similar to Eren back in the beginning of the story, it's interesting to compare her to him (and Reiner as well).

Her character development payoff was done extremely well in this episode. It hit all the right notes at all the right times, and it's so so satisfying to see her drop her old brainwashed ideals. The great storyboarding, music, voice acting and overall direction was top notch as well.

This War for Paradis has been amazing so far and I can't wait to see how this show ends.
Jan 16, 2022 1:49 PM
Jan 2022
These 2 episode of this season is already better than previous first 2 episode of that season you should be glad because next 3 episode Will be better than all of part 1 episode.
Jan 16, 2022 1:51 PM

Aug 2015
Damn what an episode.

I loved all the cages when Gabbie, Falco and Colt were talking.

Reiner repeats his line from season 2: "The one person who should not have this power, is you, Eren"

Yelena with two amazing shots!!

#FreePalestine ๐Ÿ‡ต๐Ÿ‡ธ
Jan 16, 2022 1:52 PM
May 2017
Finally got to see the boy wonder. Mappa's Beast Titan's 2D design looked incredible (on par with Wit's) and the 3d shots were perfectly done too.
Finally getting to see ours boys in action again.
Next episode is gonna be lit ๐Ÿ”ฅ
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Part 2 Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Feb 20, 2022

281 by BUDDERBRADY »»
Jun 5, 4:36 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Part 2 Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Jan 30, 2022

545 by BUDDERBRADY »»
Jun 5, 4:30 AM

» Is Armin useless?

sadpotatoh - Mar 23, 2022

32 by escarabajo »»
Jun 4, 7:40 PM

» Isayama is a literal God of storytelling. ( 1 2 )

Piromysl - Jan 30, 2022

59 by Piromysl »»
May 19, 11:41 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Part 2 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Apr 3, 2022

540 by wibugar »»
May 10, 1:19 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.