22.0%
It's in my Top 5
20.6%
In my Top 10
17.5%
Nope
40.0%
961 votes
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Jun 4, 2021 1:37 AM
Apr 2019
PhillyThaNL said:
Bababazooka69 said:
Yo what? did u actually listen to it? sawano's music are never mid
the Kill La Kill OST is 100 times better, but u can't really say the a sound track is the reason why an anime is good
say whatever you want about the anime itself but mid music? did we actually listen to the same music? now i want to know why you think its mid cause that's very unpopular opinion out there
Jun 4, 2021 1:51 AM
Apr 2021
Bababazooka69 said:
PhillyThaNL said:
the Kill La Kill OST is 100 times better, but u can't really say the a sound track is the reason why an anime is good
say whatever you want about the anime itself but mid music? did we actually listen to the same music? now i want to know why you think its mid cause that's very unpopular opinion out there
there r hundreds of better soundtracks out there. r u saying that the AoT soundtrack is the best one?
Jun 4, 2021 2:01 AM

Dec 2020
I liked the series but I don't think it was the greatest of all time

🌸Profile: Here🌸 👹Anime List: Here👹 👺Manga List: Here👺

Jun 4, 2021 2:24 AM

Oct 2017
Are we going to keep having these threads until the Final season comes out and then another 6 months after that with the anime onlys tearing into each other over the ending? Seriously guys find a new title to obsess over. This thread is just full of childish ad homs and vague declarations.

Bababazooka69 said:

If you want an opinion on Sawano since that seems more interesting than the rest of this thread he is good at hype music but compared to some of my other favourite composers in the industry he is pretty unoriginal. If you heard one of his songs you have heard them all which to be fair he is consistent so you know what you will get. I still think he is inferior to other major current composers like Kevin Perkin, Yuki Kajiura or Kensuke Ushio. That doesn't mean he is a bad composer far from it but i would like to see some more new flavour in his soundtracks. The current 86 soundtrack is good but nothing really stands out that I haven't heard before. Also if he wants to use English in his songs lol get an actual English vocalist. Vogel im kafig still a classic though too bad they didn't really use it past S2.
BilboBaggins365Jun 4, 2021 3:07 AM
Jun 4, 2021 2:47 AM
Dec 2020
loler001 said:
I completely disagree, aot isn't even the best battle shounen.
it’s not really typical shonen at this point, if anything it doesn’t shine with its shonen, story is written brilliantly and it outclasses 99% of animes, i think in s4 atleast it’s more seinen
Jun 4, 2021 2:52 AM
Dec 2020
PhillyThaNL said:
a
Abd778881121 said:
so you're saying having more hype scenes makes an anime great... not the story ? not the music? not the world building? glad I made this thread so I lure some haters.... don't dpread hate mate plz
the music is mid asf so i didn't even think about it,
more like one of the best anime sounds works of all anime history, the soundtracks are so great and well done that music composers outside of anime review these tracks and admit that they outclass most music they heard in their life
Jun 4, 2021 2:58 AM
Nov 2020
PhillyThaNL said:
a
Abd778881121 said:
so you're saying having more hype scenes makes an anime great... not the story ? not the music? not the world building? glad I made this thread so I lure some haters.... don't dpread hate mate plz
wow man..just wow....good luck in u r future..and take care
Jun 4, 2021 2:59 AM
Nov 2020
CEASAAAAAAR said:
PhillyThaNL said:
a
more like one of the best anime sounds works of all anime history, the soundtracks are so great and well done that music composers outside of anime review these tracks and admit that they outclass most music they heard in their life
that guy is just spreading hate..ignore him
Jun 4, 2021 3:07 AM
Mar 2021
loler001 said:
aot is not even a shonen anymore dumb it is seinen now and it is one of the greatest anime
Jun 4, 2021 3:08 AM

Oct 2017
Taravaishnav1988 said:
loler001 said:
aot is not even a shonen anymore dumb it is seinen now and it is one of the greatest anime

When did it switch magazine? Stop using seinen as some valuation of content and completely misusing the term. Seinen =/= better written.
Jun 4, 2021 3:12 AM
Mar 2021
A
BilboBaggins365 said:
Taravaishnav1988 said:

When did it switch magazine? Stop using seinen as some valuation of content. Seinen =/= better written.
it is better written after watching seinen like vinland saga and kingdom I can clearly say with season 4 it is totally like a seinen and just airing as a shonen magazine doesn't means that this is shounen
Jun 4, 2021 3:14 AM
Apr 2021
CEASAAAAAAR said:
PhillyThaNL said:
a
so u tryna tell me that the AoT OST is better than over 8k OSTs, gtfo i can name several OST that r wayy better than it.
Jun 4, 2021 3:16 AM

Oct 2017
Taravaishnav1988 said:
A
BilboBaggins365 said:

When did it switch magazine? Stop using seinen as some valuation of content. Seinen =/= better written.
it is better written after watching seinen like vinland saga and kingdom I can clearly say with season 4 it is totally like a seinen and just airing as a shonen magazine doesn't means that this is shounen

Based on literally what? What magazine does it air in? Bessatsu Shōnen Magazine? What is in the middle oh yes shonen. Factually you are wrong it is a shonen manga.

It has plenty of themes common to YA storytelling honestly even many seinen titles fall into this camp. Kingdom and Vinland Saga (mainly after Prologue) are not at all like AOT. Just because there is violence or politics doesn't mean any of those are similar nor does it make something inherently seinen. It's an arbitrary judgement on what content is intended for what audience and therefore the actual only indicator is what magazine it's published in which is a shonen magazine.
Jun 4, 2021 3:18 AM
Mar 2021
BilboBaggins365 said:
Taravaishnav1988 said:
A

Based on literally what? What magazine does it air in? Bessatsu Shōnen Magazine? What is in the middle oh yes shonen. Factually you are wrong it is a shonen manga.

It has plenty of themes common to YA storytelling honestly even many seinen titles fall into this camp. Kingdom and Vinland Saga (mainly after Prologue) are not at all like AOT. Just because there is violence or politics doesn't mean any of those are similar nor does it make something inherently seinen. It's arbitrary point and therefore the actual only indicator is what magazine it's published in which is a shonen magazine.
bruh enough already I apologize aot is absolute trash fine with this
Jun 4, 2021 3:21 AM

Oct 2017
Taravaishnav1988 said:
BilboBaggins365 said:

It has plenty of themes common to YA storytelling honestly even many seinen titles fall into this camp. Kingdom and Vinland Saga (mainly after Prologue) are not at all like AOT. Just because there is violence or politics doesn't mean any of those are similar nor does it make something inherently seinen. It's arbitrary point and therefore the actual only indicator is what magazine it's published in which is a shonen magazine.
bruh enough already I apologize aot is absolute trash fine with this

That wasn't the point I was making.... demographic terms by far are one of the most useless things the Western community obsess over.

VS stopped being an action adventure story after the first arc and Thorfinn's whole character arc is like the inverse of Eren's. Kingdom is way more focused on battle and grand political strategy than either title. Plus ignoring some of the poor attempts at philosophy (the one issue I have) it doesn't really dive into moral issues that much compared to either (outside of here is war atrocity). They aren't similar.

Seinen and shonen are just demographic terms with titles of varying quality and honestly many seinen titles are written like YA media anyway. People need to stop obsessing over this. Being dark doesn't mean you are mature or "seinen". AOT's appeal isn't much different than Code Geass honestly which still was intended to appeal to teens. The constant need to make your favourite title seem more "mature" if anything leads to you come off as insecure.

BilboBaggins365Jun 4, 2021 3:41 AM
Jun 4, 2021 3:23 AM
Apr 2021
Abd778881121 said:
CEASAAAAAAR said:
that guy is just spreading hate..ignore him
hate? i think u misspelled facts
Jun 4, 2021 4:19 AM
Jan 2021
I truly agree
The story settings are legendary
Jun 4, 2021 4:36 AM
Jan 2021
AnimeLeviathan said:
PhillyThaNL said:
first of all, about fate, i’m planning on rewatching most of it bc i don’t remember much, that’s why i only have UBW and zero, they’re the only ones i can remember just fine.

2. the fact that u don’t know what a trend watcher is just shows how much of a trend watcher u r and it also shows how long you’ve been in the community

3. the scores on my MAL r not really the real ones, the ones on my AL r the actual scores and i gave s1 and s2 a 7/10, s3 a 8/10, s3 pt 2 a 10/10 bc its the only actually good season, ironically it’s the only season with no fighting. i also have s4 a 6/10 bc it was absolutely dog shit.

i’m done, i’m losing brain cells arguing with a trend watcher that only watches mainstream and tries to have a valid opinion about the worst anime of all time when he hasn’t even watched 300 anime, gtfo dude

"Only season with no fighting"

???????????????????????

How much of season 3 part 2 do you actually remember?

Eren vs reiner

Levi vs the beast titan

Erwins charge

a good amount of fight scenes, not to mention its praised for its intense action bruh

Btw, correct your rating system a bit. You can't call season 3 part 2 the only good season when 8/10 should mean the anime is atleast good no matter what rating system you use.

Just to say, I haven't seen someone get so stuck up on what anime someone watches LMAO. People say "hateboner" nah this shit is a elitistboner bruh. But why the fuck you still calling AOT the worst anime of all time when you rated that joint an average of 7-8.

Come back to me when you rate AOT a 1 like the chad @TakeruBestBoi in the flesh.

I wont call you stupid though cause im not tryna get banned. MAL mods are goated though so I should be good.

Last thing, don't brag about anime.

VN > Manga > Anime > Light novels

Anime is only better than Ln's since Ln's suck ass.

he must be a troll how is he saying aot season 3 part 2 has no fighting when the whole season aside from like the last two episodes is pretty much just pure fighting
Jun 4, 2021 5:10 AM

Mar 2018
Utmost nonsensicality! Shingeki no Kyojin is but a true representor of mediocrity.
LuchseJun 4, 2021 5:27 AM

“The most shameless thing in the world is political power that can be inherited regardless of ability or talent!”
Jun 4, 2021 5:13 AM

Nov 2020
Bababazooka69 said:
Yeah no after that ending i'm actually happy that people are still calling it overrated and are recognizing that it was never a 9 or 10

The anime hasn't even ended so.....what you're saying doesn't apply............YET.
Jun 4, 2021 5:15 AM
Apr 2021
adnan_ said:
PhillyThaNL said:
before i say anything else about your garbage statement, what do u look for in an anime?
What do you mean by garbage statement? You can't even argue properly. Declaration of war isn't just rated 9.9 on imdb for no reason. I don't look for anything specific in an anime. I come around an anime, watch it and then rate it with how much it was able to make me stick to it, well there are many other things but I don't wanna discuss it with someone who can't respect other people's taste. Now your question towards you- What did u looked in a boring isekai to give it a 9 LMAOOO
i could care less about your taste but i can't stand when people overhype and overrate and anime instead of being objective and giving it what it deserves.

and giving a boring isekai a 9? u talking about Kumoga?
adnan_ said:
PhillyThaNL said:
before i say anything else about your garbage statement, what do u look for in an anime?
What do you mean by garbage statement? You can't even argue properly. Declaration of war isn't just rated 9.9 on imdb for no reason. I don't look for anything specific in an anime. I come around an anime, watch it and then rate it with how much it was able to make me stick to it, well there are many other things but I don't wanna discuss it with someone who can't respect other people's taste. Now your question towards you- What did u looked in a boring isekai to give it a 9 LMAOOO
i could really care less about your taste, i already know it's trash bc u calling Kumoga a "boring isekai" and u gave Naruto and Naruto Shippuden a 8 while giving the worst season of AoT a 10. then u aslo went on to give Oregairu s3 a 9, bruh what kinda wack fucking rating system u using? ain't no way in hell AoT s4 is a 10, Naruto a 8 and Oregairu s3 a 9.

stop tryna argue with me and go culture yourself. when u have a minimum of 300 anime, u can come back and argue with me.
Jun 4, 2021 5:20 AM
Jul 2018
PhillyThaNL said:
adnan_ said:
i could care less about your taste but i can't stand when people overhype and overrate and anime instead of being objective and giving it what it deserves.

adnan_ said:
i could really care less about your taste, i already know it's trash bc u calling Kumoga a "boring isekai" and u gave Naruto and Naruto Shippuden a 8 while giving the worst season of AoT a 10. then u aslo went on to give Oregairu s3 a 9, bruh what kinda wack fucking rating system u using? ain't no way in hell AoT s4 is a 10, Naruto a 8 and Oregairu s3 a 9.

stop tryna argue with me and go culture yourself. when u have a minimum of 300 anime, u can come back and argue with me.

Since when did watching more anime make a person's taste superior?

Jun 4, 2021 5:21 AM

Nov 2020
Man looking at all these comment fights between @PhillyThaNL and all the other users made my day. Thanks Philly. Keep tatakae-ing.
Jun 4, 2021 5:23 AM

Nov 2020
RepresU said:
Man looking at all these comment fights between @PhillyThaNL and all the other users made my day. Thanks Philly. Keep tatakae-ing.

@AnimeLeviathan thank you too.
Jun 4, 2021 5:27 AM

Jul 2020
RepresU said:
RepresU said:

@AnimeLeviathan thank you too.

Welp. Atleast the argument wasn't completely meaningless....
I gave up on character of the week since it takes too much thinking. I'll just change my forum pfp to whoever I want every week lol.
Jun 4, 2021 5:34 AM
Apr 2021
RepresU said:
nah bro what? this actually made me laugh lmao
Jun 4, 2021 5:37 AM
Apr 2021
loler001 said:
PhillyThaNL said:

Since when did watching more anime make a person's taste superior?

the more anime you've watched is equal to how cultured u are, now that trend watchers exist. u tryna tell me that someone with 58 anime watch could have a superior taste to someone who has 900 anime watched? gtfo with that illogical and absurd way of thinking

Troll? just bc u can back your shit up and have no rebuttals u just resort to calling me a troll? i'm sorry to say this but u just admitted defeat
Jun 4, 2021 5:41 AM
Apr 2021
RepresU said:
culturing these fools is quite a pain tbh
Jun 4, 2021 6:34 AM
Apr 2019
PhillyThaNL said:
Bababazooka69 said:
there r hundreds of better soundtracks out there. r u saying that the AoT soundtrack is the best one?
Imo it is one of the best but as always you'll just mock me and say "ha you have trash taste for liking mid songs" so i'll just say not everyone objectively sees everything like you do cause enjoyment is subjective

why am i even writing this to you lol
Jun 4, 2021 6:35 AM

Nov 2020
PhillyThaNL said:
m
adnan_ said:
I will stop when I am done making fun of you till then just entertain me like you are doing right now. Thanks!
making fun of me? u literally have no rebuttals and can't even put up a half decent argument, gtfo with your childish ass
Here take this as my argument- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ocykBzWDiM and Thanks for your time, you made my boredom disappear. Take care of yourself! And respect other peoples taste as well.
CamelBowJun 4, 2021 6:41 AM

═════════════════════════════
You're going to be all right. You just stumbled over a stone in the road.
It means nothing. Your goal lies far beyond this. Doesn't it?
I'm sure you'll overcome this.
You'll walk again... soon.

═════════════════════════════
Jun 4, 2021 6:39 AM

Sep 2020
Ok but can we all agree that the manga ending sucks?
Jun 4, 2021 6:40 AM
Apr 2019
BilboBaggins365 said:
Are we going to keep having these threads until the Final season comes out and then another 6 months after that with the anime onlys tearing into each other over the ending? Seriously guys find a new title to obsess over. This thread is just full of childish ad homs and vague declarations.

Bababazooka69 said:

If you want an opinion on Sawano since that seems more interesting than the rest of this thread he is good at hype music but compared to some of my other favourite composers in the industry he is pretty unoriginal. If you heard one of his songs you have heard them all which to be fair he is consistent so you know what you will get. I still think he is inferior to other major current composers like Kevin Perkin, Yuki Kajiura or Kensuke Ushio. That doesn't mean he is a bad composer far from it but i would like to see some more new flavour in his soundtracks. The current 86 soundtrack is good but nothing really stands out that I haven't heard before. Also if he wants to use English in his songs lol get an actual English vocalist. Vogel im kafig still a classic though too bad they didn't really use it past S2.
Hmm i kinda agree to that but his current style of composition doesn't get old imo cause apetitan, 0sk, erenthe coordinate, vogel, shingekinokyojin are some of my fav ost in aot and possibly one of the best in all of anime i have ever heard even if they sound pretty much samey
Jun 4, 2021 6:42 AM
Apr 2019
RepresU said:
Bababazooka69 said:
Yeah no after that ending i'm actually happy that people are still calling it overrated and are recognizing that it was never a 9 or 10

The anime hasn't even ended so.....what you're saying doesn't apply............YET.
There's a thing called manga exist you know that right? and anime eventually will adapt the ending so its still valid to say this
Jun 4, 2021 6:59 AM

Nov 2020
Bababazooka69 said:
There's a thing called manga exist you know that right? and anime eventually will adapt the ending so its still valid to say this

Oh THANK YOU SO MUCH! Finally I’ve learned that mangas exist. Wow!
Jun 4, 2021 7:03 AM
Jul 2018
Attack on Titan fans are hopeless and incompetent especially with this kind of mentality.
Jun 4, 2021 7:03 AM

Oct 2010
I love Attack on Titan but I don't shove it in people's faces 24 hours a day like you do. What do people get if they discover that 3 other guys love the same shit that you love? and why would it matter?
Jun 4, 2021 7:32 AM
Apr 2021
Am sorry am late but anyone says dat is overrated or overjoyed, has shit tastes and dey are counts, am sorry but not sorry but idk someone can even hate on such a goated show, i mean no anime makes the impact per season world wide and still over delivers....nah nah..u guys HV shit taste
Jun 4, 2021 7:40 AM
Tail On!

Aug 2018
No, I don't cosider an anime which had 1 decent (not even that good tbh) cour out of 6 so far as the goat.
Jun 4, 2021 7:44 AM
Jul 2018
Bold claim for someone who hasn't even watched LotGH
Jun 4, 2021 8:22 AM
Jan 2020
Eh its pretty good but not remotely close to being the best oat and not even the best in shonen imo
Jun 4, 2021 8:31 AM

May 2021
It's definitely one of my favorites, but idk man, I wouldn't call it the greatest. Not with that ending at least. Not to mention, at the end of the day, it's just a matter of preferences.
Jun 4, 2021 8:35 AM

Jul 2020
I really liked AOT but the ending made it so hopeless
Jun 4, 2021 8:58 AM

Feb 2020
I find kingdom way way better than aot or berserk. I have not read vagabound, So cant say much about it
Click for a anime mashup!
BIO
Still not gone bandwagon u, keep crying. Here u are welcome to CRINGE at my EXISTENCE

Jun 4, 2021 9:59 AM

Mar 2021
AoT is a great anime, but I still wouldn’t consider it the greatest of all time.
Hi.
Jun 4, 2021 10:06 AM
Jan 2021
PhillyThaNL said:
OnzimaLeader said:
you gave kakeguri a 9 your opinion is invalid
dude i already said that my scores on MAL r fucked up and imma be changing them. read before typing bozo
checked it now wtf do you even like anime how is your mean score a 4 thats basically saying most anime arent even mid but just bad
Jun 4, 2021 10:07 AM

Feb 2021
If someone were to say that AOT is really great anime and deserves a watch, I would certainly not disagree with that. But calling it the best anime of all time is a little over the notch. It really to say nonetheless.
Jun 4, 2021 10:18 AM

Jan 2020
I only watched the first episode but I can tell its going to be great, not the best though.

"Best" is objective and "favorite" is subjective, you're thinking incredibly subjectively here.
I hear it;s fantastic, but not the BEST
Jun 4, 2021 10:19 AM

Oct 2020
Ah yes, after watching only 30 different series I can definitely say that Attack on Titan is indeed, the greatest anime of all time 🤣.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 4, 2021 10:24 AM
May 2021
After that ending? Hell no.

Before that, there'd definitely be an argument for it in my eyes, but it still wouldn't be my favorite.
Jun 4, 2021 10:32 AM
Apr 2021
OnzimaLeader said:
PhillyThaNL said:
dude i already said that my scores on MAL r fucked up and imma be changing them. read before typing bozo
checked it now wtf do you even like anime how is your mean score a 4 thats basically saying most anime arent even mid but just bad
yeah i got finished changing it earlier, and yeah, they r just bad *shrug*
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Koito91 - Mar 28, 2021

694 by LotteGiants »»
7 hours ago

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Mar 21, 2021

465 by LotteGiants »»
7 hours ago

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Mar 14, 2021

509 by LotteGiants »»
7 hours ago

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Mar 7, 2021

514 by LotteGiants »»
7 hours ago

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Feb 21, 2021

476 by LotteGiants »»
7 hours ago

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.