Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Feb 9, 2013 12:11 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
All the girls trying so hard! Nice.

Kinda feel sorry for Mimori this episode. Well at least her poses still looks good. I also enjoyed the performances later in this episode. Music to the ears~

Damn, I hope Mimori gets better soon..
Feb 9, 2013 12:19 PM
Feb 2013
I can't wait for it to be subbed!!!
What I think happened was that Mimori was going to succesed someone but couldn't handle it.
I also believe at the end of the episode that figure was Nagasi. (sorry if I misspelled that.) I can not wait for episode 7 now!!!
Feb 9, 2013 12:22 PM
Jul 2018
It looks like the next successor of Atsuko Maeda will be determined in the next few episodes, I hope Nagisa will be the next Acchan. . . if it's not Nagisa then, her dreaming of Acchan is useless.

Kaylacat said:
What I think happened was that Mimori was going to succesed someone but couldn't handle it.
I also believe at the end of the episode that figure was Nagasi. (sorry if I misspelled that.) I can not wait for episode 7 now!!!

Her being sick is a sign of her succession according to tsubasa.
Mimori is going to be a successor. . . but who? my guess is either Mariko Shinoda or Minami Minegishi (just not let it be Acchan)
removed-userFeb 9, 2013 1:18 PM
Feb 9, 2013 1:26 PM
Jul 2009
Kaylacat said:

You're wrong. Tsubasa explains the fever is a normal symptom of becoming a successor. The next successor is Mimori without a doubt.

argee said:
I hope Nagisa will be the next Acchan. . . if it's not Nagisa then, her dreaming of Acchan is useless

Even if Nagisa doesn't become Acchan, her dream of Acchan is not useless. That dream told Nagisa not to be scared of the competition, that was its significance. It doesn't necessarily mean she will become Acchan.
Feb 9, 2013 2:59 PM

Feb 2008
Yeah Tsubasa actually explain it's normal symptom but it seem like Mimori failed to become a successor or she success I dunno.
It's too early for Nagisa to become Aachan.
I still think that Nagisa is more fitting role to success for Aachan

Well about the dream Nagisa had before in first episode it could also be a sign that Nagisa will become Aachan successor in the future.

What does it call again? Synchro with Aachan soul.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Feb 9, 2013 3:24 PM

Feb 2008
Don't you think it would weird that Aachan show up in Nagisa dream?
And she wouldn't successor to become Aachan even Yuuko think Chieri or Nagisa will become Aachan.
Well, for what I can see from the end of the episode that Tsubasa is shocking that it's end up failing to get another successor for Mimori but it could end up in opposite .
The closest one to become Atsuko Maeda is Nagisa, but how come that Kirara only shining bright when both Nagisa & Chieri together? Confused!

Well if you actually go back and see what Aachan told Nagisa, you are wrong as well.

She doesn't tell her to be afraid of competition.

Nagisa: Kirara, please glow to me! Make this darkness disappear
Aachan: The Kirara aren't the only ones who glow.
Nagisa: Aachan!?
Aachan: The radiance comes from within you.
Aachan: Fear not
Aachan: Sing at the top of your lungs.
Aachan: and make your presence known!

Like from the previous season Nagisa is determined and want to become Center Nova and try to aim higher.

I want to see a preview, guess 5-6 days for that.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Feb 9, 2013 3:56 PM
Jul 2018
Yeah, It would be really weird if Nagisa didn't end up as Acchan's successor, with all that foreshadowing scene linking Nagisa and Acchan. . . .
Feb 9, 2013 5:55 PM
Mar 2012
Nagisa finally stop being emo. Thank god~~
LMAO @ her "Center Nova ni naritai desu" XD
It's basically Ichikawa Miori's "Lemon ni naritai desu" parody XD

Oh Insert songs
Reset, Oogoe Diamond, and Ponytail to Shu Shu
akbfanFeb 9, 2013 5:58 PM
Feb 9, 2013 6:33 PM

Apr 2011
argee said:
Yeah, It would be really weird if Nagisa didn't end up as Acchan's successor, with all that foreshadowing scene linking Nagisa and Acchan. . . .

I agree.

And why make her almost look like acchan with her hair and ribbon accesories anyway? It felt like a give away that she'll be the one.
Feb 9, 2013 6:57 PM
Jul 2018
I think it's one of those Sensei-Sensei's plot,
First he choose Mimori for succession, in doing so Mimori will have a post-fever for succession.,

Second, since she can't perform they have to decide who will take her place momentarily, since Nagisa knew some of the steps (with a great coincidence that Ushiyama spotted Nagisa), by doing so Sensei-Sensei has given Nagisa a chance to shine brighter than Yuuko and Chieri.

Third, and when it's finally over Sensei-Sensei change the succession of Acchan from Mimori to Nagisa (maybe this is the reason why Mimori is crying and the surprised expression of Tsubasa)

Well this is only my prediction. . . . . . .
removed-userFeb 9, 2013 8:25 PM
Feb 9, 2013 8:23 PM

Feb 2008
I thought Yuuko real name is Hikari

argee said:

Second, since she can't perform they have to decide who will take her place momentarily, since Nagisa knew some of the steps (with a great coincidence that Ushiyama spotted Nagisa), by doing so Sensei-Sensei has given Nagisa a chance to shine brighter than Kyouko and Chieri.

Feb 9, 2013 8:25 PM

Feb 2008
Your prediction is so amazing it and if it does come true next week I give you thumbsup .
It wouldn't be surprise if it was Sensei-Sensei's plot.
He is like Aki-P

argee said:
First he choose Mimori for succession, in doing so Mimori will have a post-fever for succession.,

Second, since she can't perform they have to decide who will take her place momentarily, since Nagisa knew some of the steps (with a great coincidence that Ushiyama spotted Nagisa), by doing so Sensei-Sensei has given Nagisa a chance to shine brighter than Kyouko and Chieri.

Third, and when it's finally over Sensei-Sensei change the succession of Acchan from Mimori to Nagisa (maybe this is the reason why Mimori is crying and the surprised expression of Tsubasa)

Feb 9, 2013 8:42 PM

May 2012
argee said:

Second, since she can't perform they have to decide who will take her place momentarily, since Nagisa knew some of the steps (with a great coincidence that Ushiyama spotted Nagisa), by doing so Sensei-Sensei has given Nagisa a chance to shine brighter than Yuuko and Chieri.

We going to spam this if this turn out to be true.
Feb 9, 2013 9:46 PM

Jun 2012
1idd0kun said:
Kaylacat said:

You're wrong. Tsubasa explains the fever is a normal symptom of becoming a successor. The next successor is Mimori without a doubt.

I actually don't think they're wrong. Although Tsubasa did explain that the fever was normal, she also said something like "I hope Mimori can handle this" as if it were a test. Mimori couldn't complete the performance, which, to me, says she probably failed (as sad as I am to say it). Hence the tear and the changing of Mimori's figure in the succession. I just hope Mimori gets another chance 'cause she's my favourite.
Feb 9, 2013 9:58 PM

May 2011
Yeah I have a bad feeling that Mimori isn't going to be the one who is going to succeed. :( Ughhh I would feel so sorry for her if this ends up being the case. She's worked so hard and just when she finally got this close, somebody else (probably Nagisa from the looks of that concert) leaps right past her for the succession. I sure hope that won't be the case.

Loved the intensity of that concert and damnnn lol I wasn't expecting Nagisa to randomly shout out that. What a way to steal the spotlight.
Feb 9, 2013 10:02 PM

Sep 2012
Finally Nagisa starts to look more like a protagonist....
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Feb 9, 2013 11:47 PM

Nov 2009
I can't tell if Chieri's father is having bad nor good intentions anymore...
Feb 10, 2013 12:11 AM

Aug 2010
I want it to be next week already, this cliffhanger is slaughtering me >.<

Nice to see Mimori getting a chance to achieve even greater heights. And Nagisa, you go girl.

Damn, now it's time to stare the calendar down, maybe I can get time to flow faster just by sheer willpower >.<
I want Rambo in a mecha-suit with a laser-chainsaw gun that fires nuclear warheads, fighting the love-child of Predator, Alien, a group of Bangladeshi terrorists, and Satan. (Actually that would be a pretty sick show) - StopDropAndBowl
Feb 10, 2013 12:13 AM

Feb 2013
Wordsmith said:
I want it to be next week already, this cliffhanger is slaughtering me >.<

Nice to see Mimori getting a chance to achieve even greater heights. And Nagisa, you go girl.

Damn, now it's time to stare the calendar down, maybe I can get time to flow faster just by sheer willpower >.<

ditto i want it to be next week already and i also want a movie
Feb 10, 2013 12:27 AM

Jul 2011
Gah, I am always nervous for the girls every time I watch this anime. So full of suspense. And well since my fav is Nagisa, my heart was throbbing.
And oh my gosh, specially at the end, I wonder what Tsubasa saw at the end.
And who will Mimori succeed, or will she succeed at the end.

THis anime seriously needs more than 13 damn episodes per season, damn it!
Feb 10, 2013 5:49 AM

Jun 2011
Another great episode of AKB0048.
Finally Nagisa found her path and looking really forwards to the next episode!
Feb 10, 2013 6:33 AM

Apr 2011
Things are getting more intense

Okay, now we know why Nagisa is performing with the Elected members from the episode preview. Great to see her improving and Ushiyama notice her.

It's good that Ushiyama gave Nagisa advise about following ber own path instead
of mimicking others. And I hope that right path will lead her to succession.

We also learn that you'll have fever of succession and see visions of the person that you'll succeed. I wonder what's up with Mimori's visions. Did she lose her chance? I hope that. I'm hoping that Nagisa will appear on the Kirara of Succession.

Damn cliffhangers! I want to know what Mariko saw already. That's why I hate cliffhangers.

Makoto still using her old hairstyle. Aww...I want her her down.

I lol at the part where Yuuko took pictures of Chieri and the others in the bathroom.

Also, why is Yuuko obsess in finding who the next Acchan is?

I'm crossing my fingers that Nagisa will be the 14th Acchan. XD

Shine more Nagisa, shine than anyone else.
Feb 10, 2013 7:28 AM

Dec 2012
I should have waited till next week to watch this episode, because the cliffhanger is going to kill me!

Grumbly... wear your hair down!

As for Nagisa and Chieri, I think they're

Kazuma, is that you?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H76OFNDl_jg&t=0m25s
Feb 10, 2013 9:29 AM

Nov 2011
nice episode.. I don't know AKB real members that well, however judging by their hair style i'm sure that Nagisa will be the next Acchan.. Chieri or Makoto might be MiiChan.. well, thats what i think

Feb 10, 2013 10:21 AM

Jan 2013
I think that in next episodes we ll see chieri no otosan (father) taking her if she become the next acchan or center nova... And when he tries to extract all kirara power we will understood that chieri alone is nothing... Chieri always said that during all those years her little kirara never has bright because of her... how could she be a center nova?

I hope Mimori succeed Miichan or mariko,she and kanata deserve sucession : <

Acchan 13th was nothing special until she inherited the name she has now :/ she was timid like nagisa is now...

One more week to wait... : (
sigh..
Feb 10, 2013 10:27 AM
Jul 2009
wishkas said:
I think that in next episodes we ll see chieri no otosan (father) taking her if she become the next acchan or center nova... And when he tries to extract all kirara power we will understood that chieri alone is nothing... Chieri always said that during all those years her little kirara never has bright because of her... how could she be a center nova?

Are you even watching the series? She couldn't make her kirara glow in the first season because of her insecurities and inferiority complex, but she managed it to make it glow after she overcame this. Now in the second season she has made the kirara glow multiple times, and with a extremity bright glow at that. Why do you think Yuuko and Miichan think Chieri has Center Nova potential? Because they have seen her glow.
Feb 10, 2013 10:41 AM

Jan 2013
1idd0kun said:
wishkas said:
Why do you think Yuuko and Miichan think Chieri has Center Nova potential? Because they have seen her glow.

Yes i watch every week : P And yuuko and miichan have seen both nagisa and chieri, not only chieri...
sigh..
Feb 10, 2013 10:49 AM
Jul 2009
wishkas said:
And yuuko and miichan have seen both nagisa and chieri, not only chieri...

So? I never said that only Chieri has Center Nova potential. But you said that Chieri doesn't have it, and that's already proved wrong.
Feb 10, 2013 1:02 PM

Mar 2008
Mimori was going to succeed, but after Nagisa's performance, I am pretty sure the portrait in that bubble is about to change to Nagisa.
Feb 10, 2013 3:13 PM
Jul 2009
razisgosu said:
Mimori was going to succeed, but after Nagisa's performance, I am pretty sure the portrait in that bubble is about to change to Nagisa.

I doesn't work like that. The one who has the fever becomes a successor. Mimori had the fever, Nagisa didn't.
Feb 10, 2013 3:41 PM

Jan 2013
if every member in akb had fever before inherit a name, everyone could tell whats going on with mimori only by see her, and none of them seems recognize the symptom...
it can be a thing that does not happen to everybody...
sigh..
Feb 10, 2013 3:50 PM
Jul 2009
wishkas said:
if every member in akb had fever before inherit a name, everyone could tell whats going on with mimori only by see her

How? Tsubasa knows it's the successor fever because it coincides with Mimori's image appearing in the cave, but for anyone else who doesn't know about the cave and the kirara of succession, it would look like a normal fever.
Feb 10, 2013 3:55 PM

May 2012
But, but who is Mimori going to become? WHOOOOO??????????
Feb 10, 2013 3:57 PM

Jan 2013
if a understudy gets a fever and is promoted immediately afterwards... and if that really happens with everybody... by now someone should have noticed...
sigh..
Feb 10, 2013 3:59 PM

Jan 2013
MIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII CHAN 6th \m/

or

Mariko 8th :D
sigh..
Feb 10, 2013 6:07 PM

Jun 2008
How is this show so good?
Feb 10, 2013 6:24 PM

Jun 2011
Darn cant wait for next week episode.
Feb 10, 2013 7:28 PM

Nov 2009
1idd0kun said:
razisgosu said:

I doesn't work like that. The one who has the fever becomes a successor. Mimori had the fever, Nagisa didn't.

It's not about who is going to become a successor. Like 1idd0kun said, Mimori is already confirmed to become a successor. The problem is who is Mimori going to succeed. How it changed last minute is the surprise ~
Feb 10, 2013 8:47 PM

Mar 2008
MagicFlier said:
1idd0kun said:
razisgosu said:

It's not about who is going to become a successor. Like 1idd0kun said, Mimori is already confirmed to become a successor. The problem is who is Mimori going to succeed. How it changed last minute is the surprise ~

Well I interpreted that wrong then. It seemed similar to the event from season one with Kanata and Takamina.
Feb 10, 2013 9:09 PM
Feb 2011
What a great teaser episode. The inheritor of the name Maeda Atsuko and Mimori's succession fever.

If we're comparing characters, I think Mimori suits to be Yukirin more instead of Acchan but she can't just succeed her when Yukirin is still there. Can she? Ahhh I don't know but the thought of making her Acchan is unfair. Unfair to Nagisa, to Chieri, to Yuko and most importantly to the viewers. Another word to describe it would be: ANTI-CLIMACTIC!

Looks like we get to find out who's the next Acchan first before who's Center Nova. I hope there'll be more member successions instead of just Mimori. I want a Jurina successor please! Make Kanata as Jurina. So she won't be Takamina but like I mentioned just now, if we're comparing characters, Kanata is suited to be Takamina but since Takamina is still Takamina, Jurina is fine. Kanata's taller by the way.

Oh I hope there's also more screen time for Paruru. She only appeared in the elections, sitting next to Yuko. I'm not getting enough of anime-fied Paruru :3
I think therefore I am. Lulz☆彡
Feb 10, 2013 9:28 PM

Apr 2011
Ponytail no chouchou is already my favorite song.

Now I need to find the english translated lyrics
Feb 10, 2013 9:52 PM

Jun 2012
razisgosu said:
MagicFlier said:
1idd0kun said:
razisgosu said:

Well I interpreted that wrong then. It seemed similar to the event from season one with Kanata and Takamina.

I agree with you completely, actually. The way Tsubasa explained the fever, it sounded like it was something that some members experienced, but not everyone. She said the fever "confirmed it", and that she had had a fever when she succeeded, but she didn't say everyone had a fever specifically. To me, it sounded like everyone had a trial they had to overcome, and a fever was just one form that the trial could take.

As someone on Tumblr pointed out, why on earth would Tsubasa be surprised at the fact that Mimori was succeeding someone? She knew Mimori was going to succeed somebody so I don't really see why the person who she was succeeding would be shocking. On the other hand, if Mimori lost her succession, I imagine that would be quite surprising for Tsubasa.
Feb 10, 2013 10:12 PM

Nov 2009
ruffster25 said:
Looks like we get to find out who's the next Acchan first before who's Center Nova.

I had the impression that if someone takes the role of the next Acchan, then that would be the same as being the Center Nova.

They are separate roles?
Feb 10, 2013 10:35 PM
Jul 2018
MagicFlier said:
I had the impression that if someone takes the role of the next Acchan, then that would be the same as being the Center Nova.

I think your right, remember at episode 4, when Sensei-Sensei was speaking the word "Center Nova" he linked "Acchan" to it too...
removed-userFeb 10, 2013 10:47 PM
Feb 11, 2013 3:25 AM
Jul 2009
pink-lemonade said:
As someone on Tumblr pointed out, why on earth would Tsubasa be surprised at the fact that Mimori was succeeding someone?

I could see Tsubasa being surprised if Mimori was succeeding Acchan or Mariko, for example.
Feb 11, 2013 8:13 AM

Jun 2012
1idd0kun said:
pink-lemonade said:
As someone on Tumblr pointed out, why on earth would Tsubasa be surprised at the fact that Mimori was succeeding someone?

I could see Tsubasa being surprised if Mimori was succeeding Acchan or Mariko, for example.

It's possible, but I still think that gasping out loud over a succession she already knew was going to happen, one way or another, is a little extreme.

Not to mention when Mimori was having delirious dreams a figure (assuming this was the person she was to succeed) turned away from her, and then Mimori started crying.
Feb 11, 2013 8:46 AM

May 2012
Amazing episode!

Nagisa finally shines!

As for the talk about everything, it sorta does seem that Mimori failed succession :(

As for Kanata and Takamina, I wouldn't mind if Kanata succeeded Takamina.

And, as for Acchan, from what I've seen of her, and what I've read, Nagisa's the definite match. Chieri may have Center Nova material in her, but I don't see her being an Acchan successor really. We'll have to see where it goes.

Of course, if Mimori were to succeed who Tsubasa was, then that would probably also cause Tsubasa to be shocked. But the scenario of Mimori failing the test is also quite likely. I do want to see her succeed because of her great attitude, but I'm not sure if it'll happen.

About Chieri's dad, he's a creep. Don't let anything he says confuse you. His plans are definitely not for 'good'. He's trying to harness the kirara for weapons. Remember, he's a weapon producer. He didn't want his daughter to touch AKB until he learned of how he might be able to harness the energy of Kirara.

Also, finally, the whole thing being a plan to prod Nagisa seems also quite plausible. All I know is that Nagisa really pulled a crazy move there! Probably see some comical reactions to it afterwards, but I think it'll definitely nab her some popularity.

One thing I REALLY want to see, is the rest of the understudies really getting themselves into gear too. I wanna see them succeed the others.

But, at this rate we might be waiting on another season to see that T_T
Feb 11, 2013 8:55 AM
Jul 2009

Well, this preview says that someone did become a successor. It doesn't say who it was, but since Mimori was the only one with the Successor Fever, it's kind of a no brainer.
1idd0kunFeb 11, 2013 9:00 AM
Feb 11, 2013 10:03 AM

Jan 2013
i wish i could read jap : (
sigh..
Feb 11, 2013 3:09 PM

Dec 2010
Someone suggested on tumblr that Mimori could always be "succeeding" herself in a way to word it. Like her personality and spirit is strong enough for her to be the first of a new idol~ Quite the out there idea going on what the series has been basing its self on but one i really like the idea of tbh :3 would explain why Tsubasa was all OUUWWWWWAAAA~ and how Mimori didn't seem (there's no saying she didn't see a full girl just was blurred out for us) to see anyone in her dream. Mimori has such a individual character too seems a bit disappointing if she just has the same spirit as a previous idol~

Though if she is to succeed a idol i would love for it to either be miichan or a random one that hasnt been in the show yet, I HIGHLY doubt its going to be Acchan~ The series really seems to be pushing Nagisa as the next Acchan, With her initially being so timid, but shining on the stage~
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » AKB0048 Next Stage Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

symbv - Mar 23, 2013

80 by Mich666 »»
Aug 23, 2:44 PM

Poll: » AKB0048 Next Stage Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 16, 2013

70 by Mich666 »»
Aug 23, 2:12 PM

Poll: » AKB0048 Next Stage Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 30, 2013

156 by Destroyer31 »»
Nov 6, 2023 6:41 PM

Poll: » AKB0048 Next Stage Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 26, 2013

59 by Destroyer31 »»
Nov 6, 2023 6:45 AM

Poll: » AKB0048 Next Stage Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 23, 2013

83 by TitanInsane »»
May 18, 2021 4:23 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.