Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Oct 17, 2009 5:09 AM

Jul 2008
randomaniac said:
ChaosLegion said:
Grrrr...awesome episode.Great fights and cool new contractors,but...is it just me or Hei`s alcoholic now?
And the end was very disturbing too...cant wait the next friday :X

Well,it's quite cold where they are, right? So I think Hei is just drinking to warm up his body.

Maybe it's just water, the bottle ain't transparent X-D

Oct 17, 2009 5:39 AM

Aug 2007
Hei is paired with a small girl again. Like the OVA that stupid girl was really annoying.
Even if he did think Suou was a boy, would he really touch his chest to see if he was hiding anything there? :P

MISAKIIIIIIIII~!! ... omg how hott she was spying on BK201

Still sad that April died and now August did too!

Okay episode anyway~
Oct 17, 2009 5:44 AM

Jan 2009
sakR9 said:
Even if he did think Suou was a boy, would he really touch his chest to see if he was hiding anything there? :P

'Course he would, he's a contractor, so he acts rationally, which means he searches on all places where it might be hidden
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Oct 17, 2009 5:55 AM

Mar 2009
dxthegreat said:
randomaniac said:
ChaosLegion said:
Grrrr...awesome episode.Great fights and cool new contractors,but...is it just me or Hei`s alcoholic now?

Well,it's quite cold where they are, right? So I think Hei is just drinking to warm up his body.

At 12:50 you can see clearly that it's not water.
Oct 17, 2009 6:30 AM

Jan 2009
Lol at the 'kissing remuneration'...

So I get that the squirrel is actually Mao O_o? Nice, didn't expect that... [i really hope i'm right]

But Hei sure is a mess. Drinking?? In the old-days he would have never done that. I get that something happened to Yin that pushed him into this depression and I just hope the new girl can help him pull it together ^^.

Oct 17, 2009 6:59 AM

Jul 2008
randomaniac said:
dxthegreat said:
randomaniac said:
ChaosLegion said:

At 12:50 you can see clearly that it's not water.

Orange Juice then ^^

sakR9 said:

Well, following the thought that suou was a boy, if i was hei, i would be quite suspicious of that slight "protrusion" on his chest, it's as though something was hidden there aye?
dxthegreatOct 17, 2009 7:11 AM

Oct 17, 2009 7:01 AM

Feb 2009
1. The new OP is awesome. Stereopony is boss.
2. Hei-kun, cut your hair. Dx
3. Did Yin die after she found out she was preggerz with Hei's baby-contractor?
Oct 17, 2009 7:20 AM

Jul 2009
the op song is cool! and the episode was awesome! i love it! i hope that it continuous like that!=)
Oct 17, 2009 7:22 AM

Aug 2009
Great action and a good episode.
However, i'm disappointed. Not in the episode but about the fact that it seems this is gonna be all Suo and Shion. That's what I felt by the OP though (which rocks). I hope I'm wrong.

Hei...please cut your hair and get a shave...and become hot again. (Not that you aren't atm)

Where's Yin? What happened to her? I want this answered by the next episode or i'm suing BONES.

And AWESOME AWESOME ending video and song.
Oct 17, 2009 7:24 AM
Dec 2008
Stop hating hei's new hobo look. He actually looks more GAR-er than his previous look.

sakR9 said:

MISAKIIIIIIIII~!! ... omg how hott she was spying on BK201

Still sad that April died and now August did too!

1. More like stalking :P
2. I don't think august is dead yet; He's probably still alive, but with burns all over his body, like the contractor at S1 who uses his blood to fight.
Oct 17, 2009 8:56 AM
Dec 2008
well...It is a nice episode but ...he have a few weak points...
the opening should be the ending...he doesn't have the same strenght like howling
the ending was really good...it should be the opening
Heii don't look so bad and he has to shave a lot and cut his hair...i used to like the old Hei
Where is Yin? Where is the black cat? What happened with the old crew?
I hope will be an explanation for the next episodes
I feel like this season will dissapoint me...i don't know why, but this episodes tell me that...Although i like the action scenes...with Hei jumpin around and watching his moves....^.^
Oct 17, 2009 10:06 AM

Jun 2007

Absolute win XD
Though when I'm posting this, I'm feeling a bit embarrassed.

Anyway, the new season is simply breath-taking.
+ New really cute heroine;
+ Hei returns, Yin very possibly too;
+ Series takes action in Russia, and the texts in Russian are surprisingly correct (about 80-90% perhaps);
+ Fights even more awesome than in season 1; contractor shoves a blade into another contractor, the latter disappears as if nothing happened and reappears somewhere else;
+ OP and ED that I like just as much as the ones in the first season, probably even more.

- Only 12 episodes (and OVA doesn't help, like it doesn't with Bakemonogatari).. 26 would be good.
Oct 17, 2009 10:42 AM

Nov 2007
Boring episode except for the last few minutes, just like the previous one. Needs more fighting.
Oct 17, 2009 10:58 AM

Apr 2007
Hei is my hero I wish I can be like him one day.
Oct 17, 2009 11:01 AM

Jan 2009
MM805 said:

Right.. Going around killing stuff with electricity? Sounds like a pretty tiresome life actually. I'd rather become like the Magician, except for him being retarded enough to get so easily taken down.
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Oct 17, 2009 11:19 AM

Jul 2008
llamaben said:
The OP is brilliant.

Song is easily the best this season so far, with very few left to air.

Fuck no the op is good but there's better like Sequentia, Alternative and Kanata no Delight

Anyway about the episode itself I'll say that I really liked it, Hei new style fit well his current situation. I guess he's gonna shave when he'll think that he has something to live for because it really look like the only thing he's living for is the hope that the fragment of meteor can link him to Yin.
He'll probably get attached to Suou on the longrun and will want to protect her while dealing with what happened to Yin, I get the feeling that Suou won't stay as a burden and will learn sharpshotting (strongly hinted by the op).

The star of Hei stopped shining... He died for a moment? He lost his sister's power because the contractor side inside of him died or was sealed? His power got transfered to either the meteor or Suou? I'm really wondering about that.

Anyway 5/5 this episode was great.
Oct 17, 2009 11:24 AM

Apr 2009
Tenchio said:
Boring episode except for the last few minutes, just like the previous one. Needs more fighting.

there was a fight at the beginning and the end of the episode that were both really cool. unbelievable -__-
Oct 17, 2009 11:31 AM

Jan 2009
CursedTiamat said:
Tenchio said:

there was a fight at the beginning and the end of the episode that were both really cool. unbelievable -__-

Indeed, this isn't really all brutish and mindless action, there is some plot to it too : >
Oct 17, 2009 11:37 AM

Jan 2008
Seems like Suou's gonna be using a really hardcore rifle o3o.

Personally, I'm hoping Hei shaves a little because his facial hair is bothering me. He seemed to have changed so much from s1.
Oct 17, 2009 12:49 PM

Apr 2007
Oosran said:
MM805 said:

Right.. Going around killing stuff with electricity? Sounds like a pretty tiresome life actually. I'd rather become like the Magician, except for him being retarded enough to get so easily taken down.
Pinning down, stripping, groping, and stealing lolis.
Oct 17, 2009 12:56 PM

Jun 2008
Why the hell did they had to do that with Yin :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@
Oct 17, 2009 1:02 PM

Oct 2009
This season is very promising but I still miss the old Hei...he's a total mess now.
BLOWFISH!
Oct 17, 2009 2:02 PM

Dec 2008
the squirrel is Mao... XD jk
but that wouldn't surprise me, anyhow, I really hope Yin is not completely dead....and how is Misaki going to be involve in all this mess?? btw she is a STALKER geez...looking at BK201 star everynight just to see if he is alive, someone is obscess......like many of us
"Heibo" is sexy, drinking vodka and whatnot, he can't eat ramen in freaking Russia.
Oct 17, 2009 2:49 PM

Oct 2009
I think that there's a curse on Hei's love life. First Amber dead, no possibly Yin. RUN MISAKI, RUN!!!

o, and did the magician still live. I can cleary see that Hei is actually wanting to kill him with his knife when suou interrupts and then those weird mine thingies emerge. I do hope that august 7 iw coming back, I really liked his power.

Oh, and ninja-girl is just a female Hei. fights with retractable wire, wears a mask.
Oct 17, 2009 2:50 PM

Feb 2009
I don't understand why everyone is whining about Yin when A) nothing's been explained, B) she was shown to be in some alternate reality anyway, C) it makes absolutely no dramatic sense to kill her off now.
Oct 17, 2009 3:27 PM
Jul 2018
It drives me crazy waiting a whole week for a new episode, I really wanna know what happens to her and if Hei is really looking for this meteor fragment because he wants to save Yin.
Someone said the meteor fragment is actually Yin's star and Hei is trying to obtain it so he can resurrect Yin and that star is in Suo's locket, I am not sure if it is just a interpretation but it made me a little bit more hope.
Oct 17, 2009 3:32 PM

Aug 2008
and i dont understand why everyone (well, most) is whining about new Hei look. Seriously, real hero, like REAL one still fights great even totally drunk. Every hero fights good in sober state, so Hei's more awesome that way :P
Oct 17, 2009 3:39 PM
Oct 2009
orangerevenge said:
With the fact that when stars fall, contractors die, it is an easy assumption to see that Hei lost his powers since the star just disappeared. I find it weird that that sword girl was able to plant those underground electric things right where Hei would be. Hei can probably defeat his opponents without powers, but losing his powers probably relates to him losing Yin, or something else.

the new opening was ok, but not s good as the first seasons's second opening.

but heis star didn't fall it disapeared
Oct 17, 2009 5:19 PM

Aug 2008
Forgive me for not remembering the first season that well, but let me ask a few questions:

1. When was Hei ever a contractor? I thought his conversation between him and Amber revealed that he might be something else?
2. When did Hei had a star, and how did Misaki know?
3. I'm almost certain Mao died in the first season. Why does everyone keeps hoping that he's alive?

Thanks, person who gave me this on another site a long time ago, lol.
Oct 17, 2009 5:36 PM
Oct 2009
guyklc said:
Forgive me for not remembering the first season that well, but let me ask a few questions:

1. When was Hei ever a contractor? I thought his conversation between him and Amber revealed that he might be something else?
2. When did Hei had a star, and how did Misaki know?
3. I'm almost certain Mao died in the first season. Why does everyone keeps hoping that he's alive?

1. He's a contractor. A special one though, since he doesn't have a remuneration..and has feelings. So we could say that he is both, contractor and human.
2. Remember that Hei has the powers of her sister, Pai, because according to Amber she continues to exist withim him. Or something like that. So now he shares/has the same star Pai had when she was alive.
3. Indeed, he died. They keep hoping that he's alive because they want. Leave them be. He's not coming back, anyway.
Oct 17, 2009 5:46 PM
Aug 2008
Well someone mentioned earlier that Hei's power seemed to have originated from Pai's contract, and that they fused together somehow. Hei does not have to remunerate because Pai's contract was completed and it's not his contract. He seems to show emotions in S1 and acts rationally when on a mission or fighting so he's kind of a contractor but not really in a sense.

Uh...ever since season one, there was a star agency, pandora, and other organizations that categorized stars from their time of creation, movements or changes in the stars and death from hell's gate, etc...so why wouldn't Misaki know if she was the head of the police department of foreign affairs?

People miss characters I guess..Though some people say that Mao might have transferred his consciousness to the squirrel that Suou has...unlikely.

Anyway, I guess suou will become Hei's partner or something and that that meteorite piece has sealed Hei's power. Hazuki and those two seemed to have made some ubertechnology from studying contractors to do something to their powers... Also the people from the Ministry of Internal Affairs and Communications and M16 magician guy showed up...

Hei seems to be stuck in a pensive state each time Suou resists or inquiries and enemies seem to attack before he can react. Yin might have used her special powers or something..though her last known form was a physical-water state on a stream or something. I don't really remember how there was any explosion in the first place in S1, and it seems Hei has taken side on another organization..though for what reason? To get yin back?

Lots of plotholes and questions, though somewhat consistent.
NequamOct 17, 2009 5:59 PM
Oct 17, 2009 6:24 PM

Feb 2009
Hei doesn't have a star. BK201 is Bai's star, and Hei, through some rather vaguely explained mechanism, gets to use her powers without actually having a contract.
Oct 17, 2009 6:40 PM

Jul 2008
^So Hei didn't really disappear at the end of the episode, but Pai did?

Also, I forgot from season one if this was explained, but how did Yin become a doll? (is it being near Hell's Gate?)
Oct 17, 2009 6:52 PM

Jul 2008
KIRIHARA. <3333333

Hei, shave already damn it!

BEGINNER
Oct 17, 2009 7:10 PM

Sep 2009
My fucking god. Lighsaber ninja tuxedo person is BAMF. SO BAMF. SO BAMF I CAN'T STOP USING CAPS. Magician man got zapped in da face, and well... there's a lot of things that we need to be told. And hobo-Hei ain't too bad, but... he could stand to look less like a bum.

Also, liked the themes. Looking forward to episode 3. :D
JonathanDCOct 17, 2009 7:15 PM
Oct 17, 2009 7:11 PM

Feb 2009
GarLogan78 said:
^So Hei didn't really disappear at the end of the episode, but Pai did?

Disappear....? Why would he? If anything, it's implied that his power is gone. The preview shows him talking to Suou; besides, the star is connected to the contract or the life of the contractor, not the physical body. Contractors don't disappear with their stars.
Oct 17, 2009 8:22 PM

Jul 2009
Great episode. They're introducing a lot of really cool characters this season. The music is quite good too. I'd say better than Kanno's work on the first.
Oct 17, 2009 8:32 PM
May 2008
yay an op!
actually both the op and ed are really good.
aww I feel bad for the magician contractor's whose remuneration is to tell the secrets of magic tricks...
and so I'm guessing that machine Hei got stuck in will seal his powers or something like that? or maybe the core will transfer them to Suou? hmm.
Oct 17, 2009 9:26 PM
Oct 2009
TwilightShiva said:
and so I'm guessing that machine Hei got stuck in will seal his powers or something like that? or maybe the core will transfer them to Suou? hmm.

I don't believe that, because then learning how to use rifles would be unnecessary.
I wonder why Hei joined the CIA. Like some people said, there may be a relation between what happened with Yin and the choice of Hei to join the CIA...but that's just speculation. For now.
Oct 17, 2009 9:52 PM

Aug 2007
hmm im feel like im getting thrown a lot of info that i'm missing
Oct 17, 2009 11:29 PM

Mar 2009
wow this season is so awesome i hate to wait for 1 week...god damn cliffhangers
i liked everything so far in this season
new contractors as well as their contract payment (kissu ;D)

only thing i didnt like is hei being trapped right at the start of the season
i wonder how he will come free since you see in the preview he is not trapped^^
Oct 18, 2009 12:06 AM

Feb 2009
Hmph, Mao might not be alive or he might. Anyway his voice actor's in the credits of the second episode as 'voice', as in the voice that probably helped Suou. So it might be another character with his voice but it could be Mao. =D
Oct 18, 2009 12:36 AM

Aug 2008
EternalDreamer said:

And as such I expect them to bond and open up to each other, and then towards the end he will regain his contractor abilities at the loss of his feelings, which will putt pressure on their established relationship (non sexual one)

That's my theory at least =P

Holy shit! Nice theory there. I can say that I thought of something similar. Although... it feels somewhat cliche in a way doesn't it? Still, if it does go down as something like that, it would still be nice to see. I really like those kinds of plots too.

I don't think that Yin's actually dead though... maybe she's just in limbo, or just been kidnapped or something. Anyway, why do you people keep on saying Mao's alive? I thought he died already, back on s1.
Oct 18, 2009 12:38 AM
Nov 2008
OMG YES ! ABINGDON BOYS SCHOOL STILL PARTICIPATED AT THE OST...THE END SONG IS SO COOL :x

now back to business....awesome episode !..still darker than black :X..man i missed DtB...though i kinda want hei to be the main as before..still..he got some real cool action scenes.....he could use a shave though :)) but i don't have a problem with the long hair.
Curious about what happened to Yin.....why only 12 episodes?..i want more moar moar!
Oct 18, 2009 1:35 AM

Oct 2008
MoeNekoDrill said:

3. Did Yin die after she found out she was preggerz with Hei's baby-contractor?

Lol'd.
I'm still hoping she comes back, though.

Oct 18, 2009 2:38 AM
Jul 2018
Why is everyone saying Mao died in season 1?!
Because he went away from Yin and Hei? That's not really a proof that he died, in season 2 he got killed by April, but maybe he switched into another animal body, he can do that!

At least I hope so.
Oct 18, 2009 3:27 AM

Jul 2009
Questions

how did shion get his hands on the meteor core?

whats holding up hei's mask? seems to fall off easily

why didnt hei zap magician guy to death when he could easily do so? so they could use it as an excuse to have suou run in saying "dont!" thus furthering the plot?

has any of this been revealed?

^love scrubs btw
Oct 18, 2009 4:18 AM

Jul 2008
how did shion get his hands on the meteor core?

Meteor fell near him few years ago so it is not hard to pick up few of those stones
Oct 18, 2009 4:31 AM

Apr 2007
mrjiggles said:

whats holding up hei's mask? seems to fall off easily

how many licks does it take to get to the center of a tootsie pop
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 18, 2009 4:34 AM

Mar 2009
KurosakiRukia said:
Why is everyone saying Mao died in season 1?!
Because he went away from Yin and Hei? That's not really a proof that he died, in season 2 he got killed by April, but maybe he switched into another animal body, he can do that!

At least I hope so.

Well when Hei, Yin and Mao go into Hell's Gate in S1, Mao clearly reverts back to normal cat behavior. Earlier in the season he mentions the fact that if he doesn't synchronize with some computer thingy that he'll lose all his human aspects (cat's mind can't keep up with a human's)

But yeah, I can't wait for the next ep.
Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Darker Than Black Season 3? ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Ownsin - Dec 6, 2009

209 by poging179 »»
Aug 15, 6:29 AM

Poll: » Darker than BLACK - Ryuusei no Gemini Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Amphetamine - Dec 24, 2009

673 by ChyllyWylly »»
Jul 20, 9:40 AM

» Is Season 2 worth watching?

Valantic - Sep 17, 2015

12 by Luciunsama »»
Jun 17, 12:22 PM

Poll: » Status poll about Darker than BLACK Second Season Episode 12

KingSunWukong - Dec 15, 2023

2 by Ecarteo »»
Dec 16, 2023 7:25 PM

Poll: » Darker than BLACK - Ryuusei no Gemini Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

yakisobapan - Oct 29, 2009

270 by GearheadOtaku »»
Nov 10, 2023 5:59 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.