Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Tatoeba Last Dungeon Mae no Mura no Shounen ga Joban no Machi de Kurasu Youna Monogatari Episode 1 Discussion

Suppose a Kid from the Last Dungeon Boonies Moved to a Starter Town (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Jan 5, 2021 11:47 PM
Jul 2018
Punkero said:
Well, out of the shows airing on Mondays this season this one seemed like the most decent.

The facial expressions of the girls were the funniest part.

I don't care much about Lloyd, but I already like the princess, and what a princess!

I appreciate your effort sir. And i agree 100%
Jan 6, 2021 2:41 AM
Sep 2018
PongoBeast said:
Is there another website where i can watch this anime because in my country we dont have funimation :(¨

Edit: Thanks everyone for the help :)

animelist.pw best of all. Just try it once. I have watched almost 450 anime downloaded from their site
Join the Last Parade for your anime Salvation
Jan 6, 2021 4:19 AM
Jan 2021
PongoBeast said:
Is there another website where i can watch this anime because in my country we dont have funimation :(¨

Edit: Thanks everyone for the help :)

well, when that's the case I usually try 9anime.to, it usually has everything
Jan 6, 2021 9:24 AM

Nov 2011
Selen was much better with the belt on her head. Jesus talk about a 180 character change.

The fight scene with the Giant Cricket was hard to watch otherwise it was a pretty funny episode.

I love Riho I think her and Marie will make this a very enjoyable anime to watch.

Lloyd failed the test. They probably failed him on purpose because they'll put him in a special class or some nonsense.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Fall 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Jan 6, 2021 11:07 AM
Jan 2020
SoraSenpai said:
Selen was much better with the belt on her head. Jesus talk about a 180 character change.

The fight scene with the Giant Cricket was hard to watch otherwise it was a pretty funny episode.

I love Riho I think her and Marie will make this a very enjoyable anime to watch.

Lloyd failed the test. They probably failed him on purpose because they'll put him in a special class or some nonsense.

Or his power is too bullshit for them that makes him failed the test, I guess?
Jan 6, 2021 11:44 AM

Nov 2011
Kur4y4m1 said:
SoraSenpai said:

Or his power is too bullshit for them that makes him failed the test, I guess?

Well the plot device will have him and the other characters introduced be in a party. just my opinion.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Fall 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Jan 6, 2021 3:11 PM
ダンダダン

Jun 2015
I thought Shoma was a girl wtf I even thought the MC was a girl, I feel betrayed but imma still watch it tho boys who look cute as girls I dig it

Edit; so i made it through and I found this actually funny, enjoyable stuff gonna have to put it on hold now until it finishes to watch it all
YoubamiiJan 6, 2021 7:43 PM

Jan 6, 2021 7:58 PM

Mar 2020
A start without OP and ED. Lloyd is very strong but he is still insecure, perhaps because he grew up around a lot of strong people. Selen's story was a little confusing even so she is a funny character. Did Lloyd fail the test? Anyway, it was a good start.
"I don't want to achieve anything, I just think that the person who has the greatest freedom in the ocean is the king of pirates." - Monkey D. Luffy.
"There is no one better than me when it comes to ending the expectations of others." - Natsuki Subaru
Jan 6, 2021 8:00 PM
Aug 2017
Im such a sucker for isekai lmao
Jan 6, 2021 9:14 PM

Feb 2015
ZdloraH said:
Im such a sucker for isekai lmao

This isn't an isekai tho. Isekai means that someone from the real world (our world) gets transported into a fantasy world. This is just a normal fantasy anime ^^

Having said that, I think I'm gonna enjoy this show.
The character desings are quite nice and while it's probably gonna be extremely generic, the comedy is quite good (especially Marie) and the art style and animation are pleasant :)
There's no possible way you can steal my heart

I want to drown in this sweet Melancholy
Jan 6, 2021 11:23 PM
Sep 2020
It's a pretty good start, maybe this anime will be one of my favorites this season

The MC has very strong strength but he thinks it's weak, and his comedy is also not bad, the mc doesn't seem to have passed the test

Looking forward to the next episode
Jan 7, 2021 4:54 AM
May 2020
It was gud ep, it reminded me a bit of danmachi and and kenja no mago
Jan 7, 2021 7:12 AM
Jan 2017
oke here we have a mc like Armin who has a weakest stamina and power than the other villagers, but he out from the legendary village and become OP Out there,
then he meet a girl like KMS Roon , a cursed yandere princess, then story began

yes actually this prety fun for me hehe .
Jan 7, 2021 7:14 AM
Aug 2020
This is a good way to start a new show.
It gives me Danmachi vibes
Jan 7, 2021 8:12 AM

Jan 2019
This is one of those anime you'd wish that they'd release an episode per day so they could make more episodes (it felt a bit crammed which makes me a bit afraid for the rest and of the humorous scenes they might have left out).
Jan 7, 2021 9:39 AM

Apr 2016
Is this one of those shows with nice guy MC who is so OP and dense that he spends half of the episode being the ultra overpowered god in everyones face, and the second half of the episode he spends apologising to EVERYONE how weak he actually is ?

Eh ...
Jan 7, 2021 11:27 AM

Dec 2012
It was more enjoyable than I thought for how generic the whole set up is
Jan 7, 2021 1:08 PM
Mar 2013
I tend to avoid androgin type characters but this seems to be a good show, definetly gona follow it.
Jan 7, 2021 1:35 PM
🔥🔥🔥

Jan 2020
I actually really kinda enjoyed the first episode. I was expecting it to be totally generic and boring but it's pretty fun so far. Plus, I'm interested as to why he failed the exam since he's so OP.

🔥 🔥 🔥 . 阿良々木 暦, 傷 物 語 . 🔥 🔥 🔥
Build a man a fire and you'll warm him for a night
but set a man on fire and you'll warm him
for the rest of his life...
- H E N D Y -
Jan 7, 2021 3:15 PM
Jan 2021
Gostei desse primeiro episódio bem engraçado.
Espero dar boas risadas cm esse anime.
Jan 7, 2021 5:36 PM

Dec 2016
Oh, so this will be wholesome One Punch Man? Summary/plot is quite basic and "not original" but when comedy started I started to like it.
I will not skip this anime.
Manga recommendation:
- Spy x Family (Ch.106/? - biweekly) | Sakamoto Days (Ch.186/? - weekly)
- MARRIAGETOXIN (Ch.104/? - weekly) | Machi and Oboro (Ch.13/? - biweekly)
- Make the Exorcist Fall in Love (Ch.76/? - biweekly)
- You and I Are Polar Opposites (Ch.63/? - biweekly)
Anime recommendation:
- Deca-Dence (Finished) | Wave, Listen to Me! (Finished)
- If My Favorite Pop Idol Made It to the Budokan, I Would Die (Finished)
- Diary of Our Days at the Breakwater (Finished)
Jan 7, 2021 7:16 PM
May 2016
Is this milquetoast mediocrity all it really takes to impress you guys? I'm disappointed, even for you fantasy fans
Jan 7, 2021 10:24 PM
Mar 2019
I liked this episode. It was just barely unique enough to keep me interested.
Jan 8, 2021 12:36 AM

Apr 2020
The first episode is unexpectedly good…

Jan 8, 2021 9:38 AM
Oct 2017
Anime yg menarik,sangat suka
Jan 8, 2021 3:12 PM

Mar 2016
Ok..... so, LloydxSeren is a happening or it's LloydxMarie. I'm fine with either. The story seems a lot like the boy who got picked by the gods. However, this is not an Isekai setting. It's just a fantasy setting which is pretty fresh. The MC is OP, but extremely daft. His handler is weird, but caring. The lovestruck girl is full on yandere. One armed mercenary is really...... just a mercenary. So, here's to hope Universal Pictures can impress me with an anime.
Jan 8, 2021 4:37 PM

May 2009
Shame she cut her hair.
Jan 8, 2021 5:15 PM

Nov 2017
mipri said:
ah lloyd is the best. He's so cute.

The anime seemsto skip a lot of scenes. A lot of the back and fort of Looyd doing sometimg and people (mosly Mari) reacting to it was missing.

posibly a spoiler !?:

If it keeps up this way I'll prabably drop the show. Many of the jokes are missing this way.

I agree with you,a hell of a lot was missing,though they pieced it together so you wouldn't know what was missing unless you read the LN/Manga(well worth reading the manga,its hilarious).
All in all,I thought it wasn't too bad,not as good as the manga so far,but it has the potential,esp Selen,unlike Lloyd,he already has ALL the potential he needed :)
Jan 8, 2021 5:22 PM

Dec 2014
Surprisingly good and fun to watch.

I like the subtle twist of Lloyd being the weakest in his village but OP as hell outside because their village by itself is on a whole other level. Makes the show very refreshing. xD

Liking the more light hearted and comedic atmosphere of the show, especially when people around him were like even if everyone ganged up on him, nobody would be able to take him out.
Poor Marie, she has her work cut out for her.

Both the girls introduced in this episode seem nice, looking forward to seeing the group dynamic.
Jan 8, 2021 5:52 PM

Mar 2016
Smart comedy can't save a generically written plot. I wish it could.
Lie until what you want to be true becomes truth. Lie until you can't remember what's a lie and what isn't.  Lie until you aren't lying anymore!
Figures
Jan 8, 2021 6:42 PM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
Ew this reeks of Konosuba, a fantasy revolves around stupid comedy.

Dropped, too bad I had hopes for this. I can't watch something stupid.

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Jan 8, 2021 7:02 PM

Jul 2013
This doesn't even make any sense. MC is not alone in the village right? if he's the weakest in the village, then the stronger people from there should've been waaaay more famous and have exhibited feats far more impressive than him. Marie getting worked up and constantly surprised is just illogical unless the rest of the villagers have never set foot to outside world, which is not the case considering his grandfather and his brother apparently ventured outside before.
Jan 8, 2021 10:00 PM
May 2020
Syureria said:
Is it different if I think it is the usual reincarnation in another world?

It's just a Fantasy action Romcom if you ask me. It's not a reincarnation. It's closer to being the game rather then someone in it. If that makes sense.
Jan 8, 2021 10:04 PM
May 2020
dark-chaos said:
is there a contest inside japan for who can make the longest Anime title?
each season we got one, These new anime titles are just straight up sentence

anyway this look fun anime

That's actually really funny, I can't remember if it was the first or second volume of the LN the writer said something along the lines of "I gave it a long name so it would get peoples attention" and he fallowed it up with "Then I got an award" Shit had me dead.
Jan 9, 2021 7:09 AM
Jul 2019
I was really enjoy that this episode watching. Nice start for this season and to me. Keep your watching and pleasure the anime.
Jan 9, 2021 8:48 AM
Jan 2020
MoeGod said:
This doesn't even make any sense. MC is not alone in the village right? if he's the weakest in the village, then the stronger people from there should've been waaaay more famous and have exhibited feats far more impressive than him. Marie getting worked up and constantly surprised is just illogical unless the rest of the villagers have never set foot to outside world, which is not the case considering his grandfather and his brother apparently ventured outside before.

They concealed themselves, maybe? They are the descendants of hero in the past after all. They do that probably to maintained the power balance in outside world and they will active again when the disaster as such as Demon Lord or other catastropes happened.
Jan 9, 2021 12:19 PM

Nov 2014
I'm not a fan of MC. The idea that he is OP without realizing it is nice, but his voice, design and general "another nice guy" feeling are kinda dragging it down for me.
I really liked characters reaction faces.
That blonde has some yandere potential. Me likes!
Jan 9, 2021 5:16 PM
Jan 2021
It was an interesting first episode, the character design for the series is quite nice.
Jan 9, 2021 6:36 PM

Jul 2013
Kur4y4m1 said:
MoeGod said:

They concealed themselves, maybe? They are the descendants of hero in the past after all. They do that probably to maintained the power balance in outside world and they will active again when the disaster as such as Demon Lord or other catastropes happened.

Yes but then our MC just nonchalantly strolled outside the village for his own adventure and exhibited his power without restrain. If they really wanted to conceal their power then they'd have taught him common sense and told him not to show his brute strength. Oh well.. maybe it'll be addressed in later episodes.
Jan 10, 2021 4:43 PM

Apr 2018
The art style is something that i am digging so far, Other than that the story is pretty good and Lloyd is freaking op
Jan 11, 2021 4:22 PM

Oct 2012
Anything that seems remotely serious is turned into a joke

The whole episode itself seems like a overdone gag by some untalented novice comedian that it was painful to watch.

Props to every "joke" making my frown deepen. I was honestly amazed how stone-faced I was by the end of the episode.
Jan 11, 2021 8:20 PM
Mar 2015
Of course the powerful guy fails the test
Jan 11, 2021 9:23 PM
Jan 2021
It's moving way too fast. They've cut at least half the content, much of it plot or character relevant. This first episode covers one third of the first volume. At the pace they're going, they'll finish the first volume by episode 3, maybe 4 if they slow down for the finale. Again, stupidly fast pacing with no time spent building the characters or world; it seems they'd prefer to tell than to show.

It looks great and all, but in my opinion, read the light novels and skip the anime. Disappointed. :/
Jan 15, 2021 6:24 AM
Aug 2020
I love the artstyle, it really fits with every comedic part in it, i can't stop laughing at this one eps, the comedy part never fail to make me laugh xd. I wonder why comedy wasn't included in the genre list tho. Imo what makes it really funny was the fact that the mc was so dense he had no clue that he's really strong, and tbh this is the first time i acknowledge a fantasy anime where the mc is actually dense. Don't judge me pls
Jan 20, 2021 2:04 PM

Aug 2018
This was good But it's not something we haven't seen before OP character who is kind and stupid and who doesn't know he is overpowered and the girl who falls in love with him and becomes a psycho with him and that other girl who wants to make money out of him overall 5 out of 10 same shit
Jan 20, 2021 3:44 PM
Jan 2021
I dont know, its just me or anyone feeling this anime pace so fast, so i cant catch the humor. So many scene at manga not appearance in anime. Its like i watching some stand up comedy but there is just punch line without building up.
Feb 3, 2021 12:33 AM

Apr 2009
Waaaiiit...he failed? I got a feeling he will be summoned for his test result or something.
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Feb 7, 2021 8:27 PM

Jan 2013
What a great start ahaha
Gotta love universal studio's OP xD

This episode was so much fun!
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Feb 10, 2021 10:20 AM
Jul 2018
So much stuff happened in the first episode guru guru. The anime doesn't tell much facts. I find this anime fun! Will watch more.
Feb 10, 2021 4:11 PM
May 2020
Lloyd is disturbingly strong. lets see how this goes
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tatoeba Last Dungeon Mae no Mura no Shounen ga Joban no Machi de Kurasu Youna Monogatari Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 25, 2021

77 by RGreatDanton »»
Jun 17, 10:29 PM

» Better w/o MC

Hiroko_Takashiro - Aug 18, 2023

8 by Pieromysl »»
Apr 20, 9:59 PM

Poll: » Tatoeba Last Dungeon Mae no Mura no Shounen ga Joban no Machi de Kurasu Youna Monogatari Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Syureria - Jan 18, 2021

71 by Mcspegotie »»
Mar 9, 10:19 AM

Poll: » Tatoeba Last Dungeon Mae no Mura no Shounen ga Joban no Machi de Kurasu Youna Monogatari Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 15, 2021

52 by Sayan_Pal »»
Feb 16, 7:00 PM

Poll: » Tatoeba Last Dungeon Mae no Mura no Shounen ga Joban no Machi de Kurasu Youna Monogatari Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 22, 2021

145 by BrycedOut »»
Oct 26, 2023 4:42 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.