Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Wandering Witch: The Journey of Elaina (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Nov 13, 2020 3:11 PM

Dec 2019
The first half of the episode was very enjoyable and creative, never seen an episode about two towns against each other competing for words and sentences on a wall.

Also, Drunk Elaina is precious

»»Delievers Here««
★・・・・・・★

"Today might be the chance to grasp
the chance to let your talent bloom" -Tooru Oikawa

-Signature from Annie_Law

Nov 13, 2020 3:14 PM
Jul 2018
Fanservice episode? Well . . . sorta-

Pretty meh episode, but it was nice to see more of Elaine's super funny personality. Especially at the end when she got drunk and started shooting everyone. That was super funny lol. As well as the stomping grape part.

What was up with the beginning though? I got really confused. I thought, "Man Elaine did not age at all in 10 years, the hell?" But it was the person she was reading about Nike? Can anyone sorta explain it? I didn't really understand that whole part in the beginning. Thanks in advance!
Nov 13, 2020 3:27 PM
Jul 2018
Elaina stepping on grapes? Yes, I want the whole batch. Thank you.

Show is pretty consistent so far, but now I'm curious about the source since some of you guys are saying that they're skipping chapters.

Nov 13, 2020 3:27 PM

May 2020
I think it's more likely that Nike is Elaina's aunt rather than her mother. The thing with the wall happened 10 years ago. Elaina is 18. That means she was 8 when the witch wrote on the wall. It's not likely that her mother would be traveling around the world while leaving her 8 year old and husband behind.
Nov 13, 2020 3:41 PM
Jul 2019
_cenjoo said:
Fanservice episode? Well . . . sorta-

Pretty meh episode, but it was nice to see more of Elaine's super funny personality. Especially at the end when she got drunk and started shooting everyone. That was super funny lol. As well as the stomping grape part.

What was up with the beginning though? I got really confused. I thought, "Man Elaine did not age at all in 10 years, the hell?" But it was the person she was reading about Nike? Can anyone sorta explain it? I didn't really understand that whole part in the beginning. Thanks in advance!
The person in the beginning of the episode to write on the wall might be Nike or Elaina’s mom. That’s why the town officials said that she looked just like the person that visited the wall those many years ago. We still don’t know who that person is as of volume 14.
Nov 13, 2020 4:05 PM

Apr 2009
GhostCow said:
The thing with the wall happened 10 years ago.
More than 10 years. The old man was saying it more as an estimate rather than exact time frame. Narratively, it's more likely that Nike is the mother, especially since if you go back to ep 1, it makes even more sense how she easily convinced Flan to be Elaina's teacher.

_cenjoo said:
I didn't really understand that whole part in the beginning.
It's pretty straightforward. The person in the beginning is Nike, not Elaina. It's a flashback since we literally saw Elaina reading about the origin story with her mother. The girl in the beginning also has different hairstyle.
Nov 13, 2020 4:47 PM

May 2018
"Fetishism is important for business!"

Light-hearted fun episode. Drunk Elaina is scary lol
This is not your planet to rule. The Fallen shall rise again.
Nov 13, 2020 4:52 PM
🦆👑

Jan 2020
Great episode again like usual. I've been really impressed with this series and how they can make relaxing episodes great and dark episodes even better.

Nov 13, 2020 4:56 PM
Jul 2018
This end of the episode was very funny Elaina was very angry. I realized something that that witch looks a lot like Elaina didn’t explain anything who that witch was anymore I think she.Must appear in the next episodes.

Nov 13, 2020 5:12 PM

Aug 2019
I wonder how the hell people reached the higher parts of the wall.
. /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
Nov 13, 2020 5:38 PM
Feb 2018
Offline28 said:
I wonder how the hell people reached the higher parts of the wall.

by biting their hand then turn to titans :D
Nov 13, 2020 5:45 PM

Jul 2020
At first I was disappointed that they're going straight to vol 3 just like that; but the episode was great. And we got to see 2 different sides of Elaina. Angry Elaina taking out her frustration on the grapes, and of course drunk Elaina lol. Oh and of course Saya is the reason why they tore down the wall XD Funny episode overall.
Nov 13, 2020 7:13 PM

Jan 2011
pretty harmless episode nothing special ,first part was totally not a reference to the Berlin Wall nope

hurt Elaina's pride with her looks and she'll go psycho mild shock

episode pretty much confirmed her mom is a witch
Nov 13, 2020 7:44 PM

Jul 2020
"What's important are the feeling, even if it tastes the same; It was important that it was stepped on by Rosemary; THAT'S WHAT FETISHISM IS" XD
Nov 13, 2020 8:43 PM

Nov 2015
How old Elaina is now?
Can't really trust MAL in all characters ages , from my understanding , the chief of the village ended up marrying that Rosemary and that was their kid , if Elaina started her journey at 18 and that kid is at least 5 years old then she should be like 23 at least ?
That if course I'm not wrong in the first half of the comment.
Nov 13, 2020 9:19 PM

Dec 2010
Story 1 is DEFINITELY an allusion to post-WW2 Germany no matter how you look at it. The West & East trying to out do each other and soon realize how pointless the Berlin Wall was at the end. The engraving of the wall itself is probably a testament to that as well.

Story 2 is more humorous. Firstly drunk Elaina and barefeet Elaina is probably going to be a fetish to some for awhile. The idea that the chief was in love with the rival village girl but twisted to a business rivalry is an ironic twist, ditto the fact the village leader outright married her after.

Nov 13, 2020 9:27 PM

Aug 2020
The fact that Elaina's mother and Nike are voiced by the same seiyuu (Ito Shizuka) practically confirms they are one and the same. It can be seen in the end credits for Episode 1 and Episode 7.
Nov 13, 2020 9:58 PM

Nov 2013
The first half is half-baked and pretty rushed. The second half is where the author remember that he is a degenerate otaku. The least impressive episode by far.
I'm too weird to live but much too rare to die.

Nov 13, 2020 10:14 PM

Oct 2020
It's more and more difficult to understand its style.Undoubtedly previous episodes are a little dark.However,both these parts are fun and interesting.It's worth watching because we can get stories of different styles.Elaina really takes after her mother.

DRUNK ELAINA IS SO CUTE
[/url]
Nov 14, 2020 2:05 AM

Oct 2016
Another fantastic episode, I loved both stories this week and how they basically had the same theme.

Damn, Elaina's mother is definitely Nike though we are still not 100% sure. That moment when Saya's obsession with Elaina united a country, bravo Saya bravo lmao.

Yes, inject drunk Elaina into my veins. We need more drunk Elaina. If there is one thing you shouldn't say to Elaina, it's that her looks are average. If you do, she'll curse you to oblivion lmao.

I am sure the dark stories will come, I love the variety we are getting. I haven't read the novel, though I heard that there are some really good shit in volume 2 that they skipped, hopefully they are just saving it for later. Since it is pretty easy to rearrange the stories in this show. Either way, I am really looking forward to the next episode.
Nov 14, 2020 2:05 AM

Aug 2019
honestly that second part confused me at first because I didn’t realize it was showing a time skip
Nov 14, 2020 2:10 AM
Feb 2019
Mid episode. First half is straight up yuri bs. 2nd half is pure fanservice, urgh yeah no panty shot like the author said but instead they get to express their strong craving for their own fetish which is just cringe. I don't give a flying fuck what you guys want but please keep it to yourselves. The only good part is how Elaina's mom is connected to the story, but sadly instead of polishing on that they just decide on filling up the episode with some random shit. Hope we get back on track next episode.
Nov 14, 2020 3:03 AM
Mar 2020
Elaina is definitely best girl
Nov 14, 2020 3:04 AM

Oct 2020
I am really happy to see Saya at the beginning of this episode. So Elaina had been read her mother's journey all this time. There is many Elaina's kawaii moments in this episode. We get to see angry Elaina and drunk Elaina
Nov 14, 2020 3:14 AM

Nov 2014
Drunk Elaina? I need more of that.
Nov 14, 2020 3:16 AM

Apr 2020
The beginning scared me for a second. I thought we were in for a big time skip.
Nov 14, 2020 3:37 AM

Mar 2018
Well, it was a fun episode and nothing much to say. Except it's pretty much confirmed that Elaina's mom is Nike after all. And I do wonder what Elaina will say to Saya if she knows she's the culprit behind instigating the villagers to break down the wall.

Nov 14, 2020 5:43 AM

Feb 2019
Gosh, high school anime cliches. I know we have all seen this episode before like in Noucome (UGH!) several guys obsessed with their waifu, if the wall segment was another banal story this segment of the grapes is completely ridiculous we somehow went from a false marketing to beginning he Purge via calling an insecure teenage brat flat-chested. Oh yeah one comment on Elaina's chest is reason to help a bunch of foot fetishists jerks.

Definitely author as being stark raving mad.
Nov 14, 2020 6:27 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
The story kinda confused me a bit with their story telling style, on these episode, and as a result its leaving some questions on my mind. The timeline of these episode, once again, has a little confusion by its jumping story telling style. Well, the kids didn't know Rosemary while she was right in his left! And how Saya could be arrive first? And such.
______

But, to hell with that! Saya and Elaina were obviously pretty adorable on these episode! So i don't mind with that blurry information!
Looks how bold Saya released her feeling! And how pointless Elaina's expression never knew the wall memento was Saya's feeling afterall xD.

And those second part, tho. God dammit! Elaina madness stomping that grape fruits after being told as a child and thin girl xD. And her drunken scenes too surely a blessing for me, no shit. I couldn't complain much with those old man fetishes. Because it was really a satisfaction! XD. But come on, old man. Why you eveb keep those label as your own! You already had Rosemary, dammit! I am in rage now because of a jealousy! >°<

Thats it for me! I don't wanna write much about the story. Elaina expression was just a solid to me without even thinking any difficulties about how different these story style was. Yeah, a different place, but the same theme, and Elaina didn't even need to retold the story from her perspective. Because everyone already start out to retell their memories with the travelling witch, Elaina!
badabassNov 14, 2020 6:56 AM
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Nov 14, 2020 6:35 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Ahri-is-cute said:
How old Elaina is now?
Can't really trust MAL in all characters ages , from my understanding , the chief of the village ended up marrying that Rosemary and that was their kid , if Elaina started her journey at 18 and that kid is at least 5 years old then she should be like 23 at least ?

Was the kid their grandson? Or the sub was wrong?
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

Nov 14, 2020 9:29 AM
Jan 2010
I was half expecting her to start stabbing those people with the knife at the beginning
Nov 14, 2020 10:26 AM
Oct 2017
Im so fecking confused right now. Are we doing some wacky time travel stuff ? Timeline is broken. Even if that was Elain's mom at the start, it doesn't explain why charcoal witch was there as well. Ashen witch appeared first, after 10 years it was charcoal witch and she mentioned Elaina. After another 10 years REAL Elaina shows up. Timeline of second story is also wild. Or are we doing a time skip ? Or all at once ? Am I the only one that's confused by this ? Either way...interesting way how to tell a story. Excited for the next episode.
Nov 14, 2020 10:37 AM

Jun 2007
Teraplan0409 said:
Im so fecking confused right now. Are we doing some wacky time travel stuff ? Timeline is broken. Even if that was Elain's mom at the start, it doesn't explain why charcoal witch was there as well. Ashen witch appeared first, after 10 years it was charcoal witch and she mentioned Elaina. After another 10 years REAL Elaina shows up. Timeline of second story is also wild. Or are we doing a time skip ? Or all at once ? Am I the only one that's confused by this ? Either way...interesting way how to tell a story. Excited for the next episode.

You got all of that wrong.

Nike arrives X years in the past
Saya arrives perhaps a few months before Elaina does

And that's it.
Nov 14, 2020 10:40 AM
Oct 2017
Tyon said:
Teraplan0409 said:

You got all of that wrong.

Nike arrives X years in the past
Saya arrives perhaps a few months before Elaina does

And that's it.

I think that old man said after Elaina showed up that it's been another ten years.
But I guess Im just high.
Nov 14, 2020 10:46 AM

Jun 2007
Teraplan0409 said:
I think that old man said after Elaina showed up that it's been another ten years.

He asked Elaina if it has been more than 10 years since she was there.
He confused her with Nike.
Elaina then tells us that another witch (aka Saya) had arrived a little time before she had.

Nike at the wall: More than ten years ago
Saya at the wall: A little time before Elaina was at the wall
Elaina at the "wall": A little time after Saya was at the wall
Nov 14, 2020 10:49 AM
Oct 2017
Tyon said:
Teraplan0409 said:

He asked Elaina if it has been more than 10 years since she was there.
He confused her with Nike.
Elaina then tells us that another witch (aka Saya) had arrived a little time before she had.

Nike at the wall: More than ten years ago
Saya at the wall: A little time before Elaina was at the wall
Elaina at the "wall": A little time after Saya was at the wall

Well I guess that makes sense. Kinda wacky. Thanks for explaining
Nov 14, 2020 11:43 AM
Jul 2019
badabass said:
The story kinda confused me a bit with their story telling style, on these episode, and as a result its leaving some questions on my mind. The timeline of these episode, once again, has a little confusion by its jumping story telling style. Well, the kids didn't know Rosemary while she was right in his left! And how Saya could be arrive first? And such.
______

But, to hell with that! Saya and Elaina were obviously pretty adorable on these episode! So i don't mind with that blurry information!
Looks how bold Saya released her feeling! And how pointless Elaina's expression never knew the wall memento was Saya's feeling afterall xD.

And those second part, tho. God dammit! Elaina madness stomping that grape fruits after being told as a child and thin girl xD. And her drunken scenes too surely a blessing for me, no shit. I couldn't complain much with those old man fetishes. Because it was really a satisfaction! XD. But come on, old man. Why you eveb keep those label as your own! You already had Rosemary, dammit! I am in rage now because of a jealousy! >°<

Thats it for me! I don't wanna write much about the story. Elaina expression was just a solid to me without even thinking any difficulties about how different these story style was. Yeah, a different place, but the same theme, and Elaina didn't even need to retold the story from her perspective. Because everyone already start out to retell their memories with the travelling witch, Elaina!
the beginning of the the story took place many years ago, then cut to the several years later with Saya carving on the wall, then Elaina showing up a couple months later. The village chief at the grape village narrated the story ten years after Elaina visited. Hopefully that clears up the timeline stuff.
Nov 14, 2020 11:50 AM
Jul 2019
Ahri-is-cute said:
How old Elaina is now?
the wine country story was being told by the village chief ten years after Elaina visited there.
Nov 14, 2020 1:26 PM
Jul 2016
Another meh episode. Thank god Saya was only in it for 4 mins. This episode's story wasn't nearly as interesting as the previous ones.

If you're going to make an episodic show, then each individuals story needs to entertaining and engaging. You can't just have have a couple of bangers, then ride the rest of the show with mediocre content.

This is why I heavily prefer continuous stories over episodic shows. it's very hard to keep an episodic show intriguing throughout it's entire run. Hopefully Majo gets better but this is most definitely the most inconsistent show i've watched in a while.

I would've easily dropped this show if the boring episodes where aired back to back. They where smart to include some interesting stories in the middle but, as of now i'm losing interest.
Nov 14, 2020 1:59 PM

Apr 2019
Elaina must be pretty old if she went to that wall 10 years ago... she's around 30 now, damn. She sure went ham on those grapes.

Nov 14, 2020 2:43 PM
Aug 2020
Hahaha this was epi was great

Everyone probably already knows that Nike was the first part but another way to tell them apart was how

NIKE braided the backside of her hair shown in the first few sec of this epi 00:54 while Elaina just leave it as is (straight).

Wait but I didn't see any frames that actually showed that her mom has bigger oppai at all. It was simply only told from what I saw
Nov 14, 2020 3:58 PM

Nov 2015
UncleJojo said:
Ahri-is-cute said:
How old Elaina is now?
the wine country story was being told by the village chief ten years after Elaina visited there.
UncleJojo said:
Ahri-is-cute said:
How old Elaina is now?

wat , she is in her 30s now? why is MAL showing only 20 ?
Nov 14, 2020 4:47 PM
Jul 2019
Ahri-is-cute said:
UncleJojo said:
UncleJojo said:

wat , she is in her 30s now? why is MAL showing only 20 ?
No. Elaina is not in her 30s. The light novel doesn’t timeskip or continue ahead with after the chapter of the wine country was told. It’s just the narrator of that story was telling that little kid about the time Elaina came to that village. So for consistency’s sake, Elaina is still 18-20 in present day, we just briefly got to the future with the village chief narrating about his moment with Elaina after a considerable amount of time passed.
Nov 14, 2020 5:08 PM

Mar 2020
Really liked this episode especially the second part with the grape-throwing. Good episode as usual.
Nov 14, 2020 6:31 PM

May 2020
So, a new theory rises among us... Is the witch from the beginning, the creator of that book that inspired our girl Elaina, his mother? I would be glad if this is true.

Either way, the chapter was good.
Nov 14, 2020 8:12 PM

Jun 2019
Honestly, whenever this anime isn’t being unusually edgy, it is just kinda boring.

Elainia isn’t an interesting character and the places that she visits are never developed enough to be interesting. But when it does get edgy, it feels out of place in the anime’s tone and Elainia’s character becomes even more inconsistent.

All this episode showed me was that I would have rather seen Elainia’s mom’s journeys instead of Elainia’s. She at least has more of a personality.
Nov 14, 2020 9:09 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
UncleJojo said:
badabass said:
______

the beginning of the the story took place many years ago, then cut to the several years later with Saya carving on the wall, then Elaina showing up a couple months later. The village chief at the grape village narrated the story ten years after Elaina visited. Hopefully that clears up the timeline stuff.

Yeah thats a nice clarification. Mostly at the first part i got the idea. But where those ten years come from the grape village? Was the anime stated it at the second part? I don't remember that. XD

Nov 14, 2020 9:26 PM
Jul 2019
badabass said:
UncleJojo said:

Yeah thats a nice clarification. Mostly at the first part i got the idea. But where those ten years come from the grape village? Was the anime stated it at the second part? I don't remember that. XD
He stated it was “many years ago” in the anime. In the LN, they said in the beginning that the day was the 10th anniversary of the grape throwing festival when the chief was narrating the story of Elaina’s time at his village.
Nov 14, 2020 9:46 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
UncleJojo said:
badabass said:

He stated it was “many years ago” in the anime. In the LN, they said in the beginning that the day was the 10th anniversary of the grape throwing festival when the chief was narrating the story of Elaina’s time at his village.

Yeah. So it was really in the LN, then!
Yep its pretty much clearing up my confusion for the timeline problems at these episode. Thanks. I hope peoples read these and can understand too xD.
badabassNov 14, 2020 9:50 PM

Nov 14, 2020 9:47 PM

Apr 2015
trump is correct. but where's my wall?
>I had no brain when I was 12
>Then everyone must had no brain when they were 12
>I experimented 100 samples and proved that they had no brain when they were 12
>Therefore children cannot consent

This is what science has done to humanity.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Majo no Tabitabi Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 6, 2020

176 by trulyadmirable »»
Aug 25, 7:00 PM

» about why elaina doesnt help people

asalkur - Dec 25, 2023

32 by jeppevinkel »»
Jul 30, 8:02 AM

Poll: » Majo no Tabitabi Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 9, 2020

187 by ErnstLindemann »»
Jul 27, 5:44 AM

Poll: » Majo no Tabitabi Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 2, 2020

277 by ErnstLindemann »»
Jul 26, 6:45 PM

Poll: » Majo no Tabitabi Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 18, 2020

246 by GriffityZearth »»
Jul 25, 7:22 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.