Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jul 1, 2020 2:16 PM

Jan 2014
laputia said:
I really liked it! 8/10 I think

However I am realizing how much I have forgotten about the world of psycho-pass.... maybe I should rewatch s1?? Is there a good summary/recap anywhere out there

I have now rewatched the entire PP series and am back here LOL.

I can now appreciate the Kogami flashbacks a lot more, but am horrified that I was so impressed by Mika the first time I watched this lmaoooo. Basically this:
whither said:
Mika is like a whole other person. I'm torn between liking her better now vs. feeling like she didn't earn this character development.

For this reason I am going to go with 7/10. She just acted very uncharacteristically, I feel like maybe we got a glimpse of that in the other movie, but they never showed us what spurred her change :/ also just realized she has killed two whole people (one without a dominator!) I am so surprised her CC never rises
Jul 21, 2020 2:37 PM

Mar 2017
I really liked this! I wasn't fond of Shimotsuki in the series but I have to admit; she totally won me over in this movie! Dare I say, I think I might like her more than Tsunemori!

I think Shimotsuki and Ginoza make a fantastic team because she's got the emotional drive, the passion and the boldness whilst Ginoza keeps her grounded and safe so she can do her thing! Real nice dynamic there.
Aug 1, 2020 10:13 PM

Nov 2019
I'm not sure about the timeline here. Despite the displayed date placing it after the previous movie, the way Mika and Akane interact makes this seem like it takes place between the 1st and 2nd seasons.

Very strange.

Chronology aside the movie is watchable for the most part but goes pretty heavy on the action and doesn't have much in the way of believably. It will be interesting to see if Mika can stay relatable (or at least not actively infuriating) in further appearances.
Oct 10, 2020 1:31 PM

Sep 2018
I'm honestly surprised Ginoza's still alive after all that. It really breaks suspension of disbelief when, somehow, he seems to be almost completely unhurt after being thrown about so much by a huge mechsuit. Other than that, the plot was pretty basic and the new characters weren't all that interesting. The antagonists in particular were just your standard sadistic, monologuing evil people. Hopefully the next one will be better.
Nov 13, 2020 1:52 AM

Dec 2012
Tokyo, Feb 2117
Nobuchika, Yayoi, and.... Mika.
Dat car.
WTF Mika. Nobuchika just saved your life.
CC is 218.
She drops something.
Dat Opening.
Shion.
Akane.
Yasaka Izumi, 27.
Its... her.
Rikiya!!!!!!!!!

It was ok. How the hell is Nobuchika surviving those falls? I continue to not like Mika. Prefer the original versions of the OP/ED songs.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Dec 16, 2020 6:32 AM

May 2016
Meh, turns out the system was behind the case and clearing the mess they made in the past. 5/10 underwhelming.
Dec 18, 2020 6:13 PM

Jul 2013
8/10 because I enjoyed the movie. Ginoza is admirable.

though the plot is kinda weird: Sibyl system allowed them to investigate against...Sibyl system um. anyway Izumi and the kid were cute. The intro of the movie was exciting.
Jan 16, 2021 12:24 AM

Jan 2017
Plot was straightforward in sum. I think the only twist was close to the ending with Sibyl System knowing something suspicious was happening in the Sanctuary rehab center from the near start of the movie. The leading members of the Sanctuary were obviously the antagonists. Shimotsuki was much more tolerable in this movie than in Psycho Pass 2. She worked well in tangent with Ginoza, Akane, and other main characters.
May 2, 2021 1:18 PM
Feb 2021
The movie was decent at least I got to see more screen time of ginoza but I keep seeing in the comments people hating on maki and bc of that many people disliked the movie or dropped Bc she was the protagonist I think she was alright through out the whole movie she wasn’t annoying like in s2
Feb 22, 2022 8:48 AM

Jul 2017
Just as average as I expected. Still, I had to watch this just for my Mika. Truly best girl <3

Mar 3, 2022 1:42 PM

Jun 2010
The case was fine, I guess. Nothing too exciting or that interesting of a concept. But what was with some of these corny lines? Both Mika and Akane had these weird poetic streaks.
May 19, 2022 6:41 PM

Dec 2007
the end that reveals sybil was behind all of this wasn't surprised, i waited for that twist lol.

mika behaved really different from how she is usually, this character development just came out of nowhere lol.

feeling much more like side-story than important one, what we gained for the future story from here? only time might tell.

the action felt little forced, but ginoza is entire different level lol.

felt this movie could be better with more akane. oh well.

7/10
Jun 12, 2022 5:16 AM
Jan 2021
This movie was pretty good for me. I liked where Shimotsuki is the main characters along with Ginoza. At least they had some characterization and development though.
Jul 15, 2022 11:04 PM

Jan 2013
lame and boring. groupthink overdone to the point it isnt even interesting anymore.
Aug 13, 2022 2:16 PM
Jul 2022
Meh 6/10. Not the worst def not the best. Needed more Akane and Kogami. Sorry but those 2 and season 1 of psycho pass are the only reason this series is relevant. Thank goodness the first movie cleared things up more for those characters. This was fine but Mika wasnt herself, felt like a dif character in a lot of parts. Ginoza was the only good thing about it. Dude was a badass :D.
Sep 20, 2022 1:40 PM
Mar 2021
At this point, I'm just watching because I'm curious. And not because I "enjoy" the show...
Sep 26, 2022 5:37 PM
Sep 2021
love the sinners of the system case
Jun 21, 2023 4:19 PM

Dec 2022
Fantastic movie. The stormy boreal setting made for some gorgeous visuals, especially with a movie budget. There was a near constant blizzard enshrouding the landscape here, and it portrayed the oppressive nature of the Sanctuary facility very well. I suppose you call it environmental storytelling.

Mika was likeable in this movie, which is a noticeable improvement from how she was portrayed in the previous entries to this series. Despite being as rowdy and headstrong as usual, she never veered into "bitchy" territory like last season, and actually came across as rather lively instead. Ginoza played off her character expertly too, making for a really appreciable dynamic. The plot itself was quite impactful, because it carries no shortage of relevance to reality. A prison operating under the surface guise of freedom — while in reality it drugs and conditions the inmates into a life of blind servitude to their masters, and promptly discards them if they ever show signs of realising the truth. It could be seen as a microcosm for both society and the human population as a whole. It's a film that speaks to the heart, and asks you what connections you can make; without beating you over the head with literature references, quotations, and long drawn out monologues.

It's not flawless. It was a bit shorter than I would've liked, and more time alloted to showing how the prisoners really live and feel in the facility would've made their crazed rampage at the end of the movie have more impact on the viewer. The antagonists were also mostly generic, though weren't notably bad enough to have a negative effect on the viewing experience.

Shaded Horizon

Jul 7, 2023 4:09 AM
Jul 2021
So this was such a hard watch, 'cause of that super annoying S2 Mika chick. Can we just get rid of her already? Asking for a friend. 
Me every time I hear the word "reparations": 🤣🤣🤣
Oct 6, 2023 6:18 PM

Jul 2012
Decent story n decent character..
Nothing much we can say about thiz one, it just..
The scenario writer want us to leave Akane and replace her position with Mika little by little.. I can feel it..

Oct 9, 2023 10:33 PM
Jun 2015
It was entertaining. Why am I not surprised that Sybil was the one behind all of this. Goes to show how corrupt everything is.

All in all, I enjoyed watching it
Oct 26, 2023 11:57 AM

Nov 2010
I swear if I existed in the world of Psycho-Pass, I'd be enforced immediately. I can predict my crime coefficient to be as high as 1000+. I'd become the first person to reach a four-digit CC in history. Haha!

That OP is good!
Yayoi is hot! I love her!

As someone against individuality and would prefer a collective society. I like how Groupthink works, and I believe society should be run like that to maintain peace and order for good. I believe such extremes are the only way to save our species. I'm sure it will work if our overlords are super AI who are not susceptible to corruption.

I don't mind what they use the latent criminals for if you ask me. I mean, they will be enforced in the end. They make good expendable labor for dangerous tasks such as that. At least they aren't fully aware of what they are doing. It's a resourceful way to mercy kill "would-be" useless people.

The show was going well until toward the end. I like the mystery and the reveal. However, what the heck happened with Tsujigai not restraining Shimotsuki? She had every advantage when she captured Shimotsuki. I would've given this show a higher score if they removed that scene. It didn't make sense.
Oct 27, 2023 3:28 PM

Nov 2014
God damn this looked so good, easily better than the somewhat visually underwhelming 2015 movie. The hand-to-hand combat was ridiculously satisfying - there were at least three moments where I laughed out loud because of how physically impactful the action was.
OneMoreFinalOct 27, 2023 3:33 PM
Feb 12, 3:15 AM
Dec 2019
Reply to OneMoreFinal
God damn this looked so good, easily better than the somewhat visually underwhelming 2015 movie. The hand-to-hand combat was ridiculously satisfying - there were at least three moments where I laughed out loud because of how physically impactful the action was.
@OneMoreFinal The action was decent but the backgrounds are horrendous. Look at the chief's office again at the start of the movie. It's like a PS1 background.

Anyway, not that interesting an OVA. Seeing another part of Japan (sort of) gave some interesting background. I had seen elsewhere that this episode fleshes out Shimotsuki's skills a bit and I guess that's true. She evolved past "I will just stand around doing nothing while people get murdered in a clinic" and is able to at least stumble into a criminal plot.

Absolutely hilarious to see the old comments here of people saying how much she grew on them and that maybe they like her more than Akane now though. Some people just have horrendous taste I guess.
Sep 9, 5:51 AM
Jun 2020
Dog Water is what I describe this movie
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» So is this a sequel or a whole new thing? I need to know please..

DragonYuk - Nov 9, 2018

11 by Disapeared_Ghost »»
Jun 29, 2021 5:02 PM

» Psycho-Pass fans: Who is hyped for Sinners of the System?

removed-user - Nov 8, 2018

20 by Disapeared_Ghost »»
May 30, 2021 7:13 PM

» So how do we watch this?

TG-Golem - Jan 25, 2019

21 by Meritas »»
Dec 11, 2019 2:48 AM

» Any info on the BD release of this Trilogy movie series? Release date speculation?

IndianAnimeReker - Apr 11, 2019

7 by IndianAnimeReker »»
Jul 10, 2019 3:49 AM

» Trailer

removed-user - Nov 5, 2018

2 by BetterTaste »»
Nov 5, 2018 3:40 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.