Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Kill la Kill
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (20) « First ... « 17 18 [19] 20 »
Jan 29, 2021 11:53 AM
Jul 2018
Despite already being a fan of Gurren Lagann it was a huge mistake on my end to procrastinate this long with the Kill la Kill franchise but at last I finally came, I watched and I completed it within a day.

It possessed a lot of explosive and eccentric in-your-face glamour but I appreciated the inner themes/psychology of the characters, such as Ryuko struggling with feeling shame wearing Senketsu for the first time but then gradually embracing him as a dear companion along the way.

Amazing journey, this show was really fun.
Feb 19, 2021 9:27 AM
Nov 2020
Ah yes the perfect series. Not too romantic, not too funny and mostly not too serious. Absolutely Glorious. 8/10 ๐Ÿ‘Œ
Mar 15, 2021 3:42 AM

Oct 2016
I regret only finishing the show now, this shit is a masterpiece. It knew what it was doing and it pulled it off fucking amazingly.

R.I.P. Senketsu we will miss you, but I guess it's for the best that every life fiber gets destroyed. Satsuki running to catch Ryuko and everyone else catching both of them was so sweet and then Ryuko calls Satsuki her sister now hngh, so sweet.

Satsuki with short hair looks so good, and that date the end was great. I am going to miss these characters, wouldn't mind more slice of life moments like those. Well this shit is a 10/10, maybe a 9.5/10 but yeah it's a 10/10.
Mar 20, 2021 7:59 AM

Aug 2020
I liked it. A very intense anime. It was a bit out of place sometimes and wacky, but overally good. Gainax never ceases to impress me. Lots of ecchi and fights going on, and a couple of funny jokes. Ryuuko, Satsuki and Mako make a funny trio.

I noticed some story resemblances with Gurren Lagann, related to the characters and the main objective of the story. Since I really like it, this one wouldn't be so different.
Nice soundtrack, especially the first opening. The animation quality is great, when watching in a good television.

Mar 20, 2021 8:04 AM

Aug 2020
I liked it. This anime was a bit out of place sometimes and really wacky, but it was overally entertaining.

I noticed some story resemblances with Gurren Lagann, since they're both from Gainax. This studio never ceases to impress me.

I think there were lots or characters, and not so much time to identify with them. But it's not that big of a problem. The soundtrack is nice, especially the first opening. The animation quality is very good when watching in a quality television.

Overally, Kill la Kill is a very good and entertaining anime. Not more not less than that.

Mar 23, 2021 1:55 PM

Jan 2021
3rd time watching Kill la Kill still my favorite anime
Mar 27, 2021 12:27 PM
Jul 2020
fully enjoy this show I give 8.5 /10
Apr 6, 2021 4:09 PM

Dec 2020
"gets stronger when got hit hard" Add a shounen tag already.
"I'm glad I met you" how many times have I heard this.
7.7~8/10 (At least it has ending and enjoyable ridiculousness) mostly predictable, original anime nonetheless.
Jun 3, 2021 9:33 AM

Jan 2021
This was really good in the end everyone finished there missions and everything went back to normal
Jun 12, 2021 10:23 PM

Nov 2018
A great end to a great anime. 9/10.
So I've been banned from MAL-Badges, after spending nearly two years of my time and dedication to helping out, being the club's spokesperson, and planning for the revamp, it all goes down the fucking drain. What a joke the club has become. I advise everyone to stop using the feature and stop showing their support for the site and the club. We were promised that we will see changes come to the site, and nothing's been done for the past year. I doubt the site will be touched for the foreseeable future. If you're angry and annoyed about the lack of development, then good, you should be.
Jun 28, 2021 9:18 PM
๐Ÿฆ†๐Ÿ‘‘

Jan 2020
Thank you trigger.

I'll miss this series a lot and I loved it from start to finish. The finale itself was pure hype with ryuk becoming a super saiyan with the blond hair + power up and all lmao. But that fight was pretty dope and rip senketsu :(

He was with her this whole time and it's super sad seeing him go like that. Probably the best piece of anime clothing I've seen in all of anime. That end scene with ryuko and satsuki was pretty sweet too.

Kill la kill overall made me smile lots and feel many things. I had a great time watching from start to finish and I think I'll settle for a comfortable 9-9.5/10

I never imagined I would like the show so much. It's just so unique and entertaining lol.

I believe they also played both openings and the first ending twice (?) I believe. So lots of banger songs alongside the usual glorious sawano tracks. I really enjoy the unique take they approached with the ending bit. Pretty much copying the visuals from the first ending and just "remixing" it to make it feel more like a conclusion. I don't think I've seen that before but I loved it. Seeing everyone happy is something that does put a smile on my face. I'll truly remember my positive experience with the series for months and possibly even years to come. I can just feel it.

I'll miss this :(

Jul 6, 2021 8:49 AM

Oct 2019
Fantastic show: 9/10 easily.

Loved the visuals, and even the animation was top tier in certain moments. It has many great, fun and remarkable characters! Satasuki is particularly fantastic! And the ending was super satisfying.

The plot is utterly crazy: basically alien living clothes wants to take over the planet by consuming all the living things on it; it barely makes sense but they still managed to create a story about it and somehow connect the dots into something that was absolutely fun.

Also, I know this anime has very conflicting opinions about how the girls are depicted, but still, in my opinion, they did manage to create very interesting and strong female characters, and not because the fight semi-nude, but because they are characters with with very strong and notable personalities.

Really great anime: fun, great art, nice animations, crazy and memorable characters, insane plot. It deserves some praise.
KssioAugJul 6, 2021 8:55 AM
Jul 23, 2021 1:03 PM
Jul 2018
this was just... eh idk, 5/10 i guess...
Aug 17, 2021 4:36 PM
Sep 2019
I think the ending was very anti-climactic, it felt like Deus Ex-Machina. This is what people that dislike Giorno Giovanna say he is.

taking all the clothing powers - Devilman
saving the universe - TTGL
trying to redeem the villain - Naruto
bullshit character with minor plot relevance (mako) - Berserk's puck

Biggest Positive: Hiroyuki Sawano knows what's up. His music is the best in all of anime.
Biggest Negative:
Too many annoying characters with no satisfying pay-offs:
Loli bitch died without pain which sucks because that bitch needed to be tortured for all eternity.
Mako didn't fell off a horse

Even though Ryuko is a tomboy, I felt like she was too unstable. We had that whole episode of her overcoming her anger while fighting that loli bitch, then after that she struggles to put Senketsu on, but finally learns that she needs it. Now put this whole thing in the trash, because she's angrier now that she is like a cloth-cyborg and NOW she's pissed, not when she was about to kill her best friend. This felt like forcing it into the story. In my opinion, this is why she's wasted potential.

That's why I stan Satsuki because she's been consistent from the start. If she's gonna be the dictator of the new world, then I'm all for that. Especially now that she has short hair. It's all grrrrreat.

Also: does anybody know what happened to the fiber inside of Ryuko's body? It got deleted when she forced it out of that cocoon thing right?

Characters: 6/10 would have been higher if not for Mako and loli bitch, also Ryuko got wasted
Music: 10/10 because Hiroyuki Sawano
Animation: 9/10 amazing, gorgeous, but serious moments didn't fit with the style
Enjoyment: 8/10 I like it, even though the ending was meh
Overall: 7/10 Good, but not good enough.

final thoughts: Satsuki's mom ain't that hot, y'all just horny af
Nov 6, 2021 7:33 AM
Jul 2020
Really solid show i liked Mako gags and elite 4 were really interesting. Liked thr uniqness of the show and ending was really cute. Solid 8/10
Nov 21, 2021 4:46 AM

Apr 2014
Man... what a ride. Don't know how I'll go finding something to fill the void after this
Nov 24, 2021 6:44 AM

May 2020
Goodbye Senketsu...you were a great partner until the very end.

I'm feeling quite stupid why I didn't watched this earlier even after having this on my watch list for that looooong, but that's the only regret i've with this show.

Quite honestly just one of those few series where I enjoyed each and every thing right from the start to the very end. And it was a treat watching the trio of Ryuko, Mako and Satsuki together for one last time on their promised date. Satsuki with short hair was cute<3.

Nothing less than 9, may even consider 10, and i'm pretty sure it will change, but for now a goodbye to Ryuko, Mako and Kill la kill. Was way too entertaining for a 24 episode series.
Dec 28, 2021 12:55 AM

Feb 2021
Softhenic03 said:
Goodbye Senketsu...you were a great partner until the very end.

I'm feeling quite stupid why I didn't watched this earlier even after having this on my watch list for that looooong, but that's the only regret i've with this show.

Quite honestly just one of those few series where I enjoyed each and every thing right from the start to the very end. And it was a treat watching the trio of Ryuko, Mako and Satsuki together for one last time on their promised date. Satsuki with short hair was cute<3.

Nothing less than 9, may even consider 10, and i'm pretty sure it will change, but for now a goodbye to Ryuko, Mako and Kill la kill. Was way too entertaining for a 24 episode series.

Yeah I feel that, I also had it on my watchlist for almost a year and finally just got around to it. What a great series. Ryuuko is an amazing character. Nudist Beach (Mikisugi) was hilarious and Satsuki's grand scheme to flip the script really opened up the final arc perfectly. Amazing music like others have said, Hiroyuki Sawano is a master of his craft. I haven't written anything here in a while but I felt I had to for this because this show really caught me by surprise with my immediate attachment to it. I knew I was going in for a wild ride knowing the studio behind it, but I didn't expect to love it this much too. 9 (9.5) / 10
Jan 2, 2022 1:15 AM

Aug 2020
Very good anime, they used fanservice for the plot but did it so well. Epic ending as well ^^

8/10 because some parts were unnecessary (for example, Senketsu making fun of Ryuuko's BMI wasn't needed, although I'll respect that some people find it funny).

Despite that, this anime had a cool vibe that was similar to an American cartoon where everything is exaggerated, but kept the anime art style. It was also very funny in every episode.
Mar 4, 2022 2:15 PM

Jul 2017
6th watch complete, yeah this is definitely among the most entertaining anime I've seen still. I wish more anime had the energy this show had with its batshit crazy action and plotline, while being entertaining, fairly well thought out and having a great cast and production to go with it. There's a lot of heart with this, and boy was this such a fun experience even now 5 years after I saw this originally on my bus rides back and forth from school. Top 5 anime still to this day for me.
Mar 31, 2022 7:06 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Yeah, even better than I remember it. I wholly stand by the 10/10 I have left it with; and I don't give out 10's lightly. I currently only have five of them.

Only slightly disappointing thing is the that THAT'S how Nui goes, instead of actually getting defeated. Then again, she probably was too powerful anyway for ANYONE to take her down.

One new thing I have taken from this on re-watch is "Ki Ru a Kill", Nui's theme, which goes hard.

And now I'm off to re-watch more of my favourite anime, as we all wait for the Spring 2022 season to come which is right around the corner.

NYANPASU
5700XT

Apr 12, 2022 9:04 PM

May 2020
What a finale. I do wish they had given more explicit hints about why Senketsu kept absorbing the Life Fibers. It would've made Ryuuko's absorption of Absolute Domination less like a Deus-Ex Machina.

RIP Senketsu. Best sailor uniform ever.

Overall, a highly enjoyable and wacky anime. The fights had a lot of flair but not a lot of choreography, which was a bit disappointing. Loved Ryuuko and Satsuki.
May 15, 2022 7:27 AM
Dec 2020
I rated 6/10 cuz TRIGGER. WHAT A STORY HUH. Is it just me or does it end up looking just the same DITF? (Darling in the franxx)

A big fucking flying woman, the real enemies being aliens and etc
Jun 14, 2022 11:07 PM

Feb 2021
This show was better than I thought it would be going into it, even if it did get predictable pretty often. I saw that final death coming from 20 episodes away
Sep 4, 2022 8:25 PM

Sep 2021
I like how the studio managed to keep the energy of the show high throughout the whole season. Its just fights one after another with little low points. The plot twists were fairly predictable given that Satsuki constantly seems to be testing Ryuuko and wanting her to improve, didn't expect them to be sisters though.

I feel that if Ryuuko can have a place in the world (being a human with Life Fibre embedded inside) then Senketsu should also have a place in the world to keep each other company throughout their immortal lives (I assume Ryuuko would be immortal since the Life Fibre should be able to keep her from aging and dying)... besides, it had been said that there are other Life Fibres roaming throughout the cosmos so having Senketsu alive would help in the battles should those Life Fibres come to Earth in the far future...

In summary: good show, excellent music soundtrack, Mako is the true MC of the show.
Sep 8, 2022 5:08 PM
Voltekka!

Sep 2017
Rip Senketsu ;-;

Okay, that was pretty good. Glad I gave it a second chance. Best part of the anime was the fights, voice acting and ost. Although the anime could’ve used some of it’s characters better.
Oct 4, 2022 6:45 AM
Mar 2021
I loved it! This is how anime should be like!
Oct 15, 2022 11:16 AM
Jul 2022
Default happyend. Not the Best, Not the worst.
Oct 16, 2022 9:48 PM
Jun 2022
I finished rewatching it recently

As the first original anime solely made by trigger, this is fucking incredible, why trigger was such an unknown and underrated studio for so long (until edgerunners) is shocking to me, everything about this show is seemingly perfect, it is how anime should be, such a shame to see as the years have past by these kinds of amazing elements that made anime good have dropped. However, with trigger it looks like it really hasnt, following the edgerunners series, it shows how trigger have not changed at all, and for the better. Peak anime by a peak studio, deserves to be immortalised just like other amazing series like evangelion

Rip Senketsu </3
Glad Mako and Ryuko got their happy ending though <3
Nov 12, 2022 11:55 PM
Nov 2022
Best of the 21st century
Dec 12, 2022 6:48 PM
Feb 2019
crying right now. loved it as much as the first time
Feb 27, 2023 3:59 PM
Feb 2023
Amazing way to wrap up the series. Well done.
Mar 2, 2023 6:38 PM
Jun 2021
Wasn't expecting that ending lmao
Mar 5, 2023 2:50 PM

Dec 2020
A happy but bitter sweet ending. Great show, story wise it's a bit generic but it makes up for it with it's humor, art, animation and charm of the characters.
Apr 21, 2023 12:34 AM
Apr 2023
This is my bad old ugly ass pedophile the kept sexualizing and underage girl that garbage anime's are ugly stupid and worthless just like the last time I made easily the worst anime ever made from the company by these ugly ass pedophiles and of course the sexualizing little underage girl and want to put her a thousand year old ugly ass dog it's pathetic these ugly profiles I cannot wait to until they burn in hell
Apr 23, 2023 7:00 AM
Mar 2023
First four minutes of the anime was enough to completely charm me with its style, ridiculous epicness, comedy, soundtrack, badass main characters, dystopia references. You just see the Ryuko’s close up at the beginning and already know some absolutely epic and ridiculous action is about to unleash.

The ending wraps up things really well, just as it should be. OVA is a good addition too.

#1 in my favorites list, 10/10
il887Apr 23, 2023 7:07 AM
May 7, 2023 8:32 AM
Apr 2017
Enredo bom, animação legal, mas apela no ecchi
May 13, 2023 6:27 PM

Jul 2022
Jesus, that was exhausting. Almost dropped it several times, but managed to pushed through to the end. Never again. 

5/10
Jun 9, 2023 8:20 AM

May 2021
Very nice ending, loved the anime 8/10 for me.

“๐˜๐˜ฏ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฉ๐˜ถ๐˜ฎ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ ๐˜ธ๐˜ฐ๐˜ณ๐˜ญ๐˜ฅ, ๐˜ต๐˜ณ๐˜ถ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜ฅ ๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ๐˜ข๐˜ญ๐˜ช๐˜ต๐˜บ ๐˜ข๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ’๐˜ต ๐˜ข๐˜ญ๐˜ธ๐˜ข๐˜บ๐˜ด ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜ฅ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ด๐˜ข๐˜ฎ๐˜ฆ. ๐˜๐˜ถ๐˜ฎ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜ด ๐˜ซ๐˜ถ๐˜ด๐˜ต ๐˜ค๐˜ข๐˜ญ๐˜ญ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ช๐˜ณ ๐˜ฅ๐˜ฆ๐˜ด๐˜ช๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ๐˜ด ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜ฅ ๐˜ข๐˜ฎ๐˜ฃ๐˜ช๐˜ต๐˜ช๐˜ฐ๐˜ฏ๐˜ด ๐˜ข๐˜ด “๐˜ต๐˜ณ๐˜ถ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ”. ๐˜๐˜ถ๐˜ฎ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜ด ๐˜ธ๐˜ช๐˜ญ๐˜ญ ๐˜ฆ๐˜ท๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ ๐˜ฌ๐˜ช๐˜ญ๐˜ญ ๐˜ฐ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ ๐˜ฉ๐˜ถ๐˜ฎ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜ด ๐˜ช๐˜ง ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜บ ๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ท๐˜ฆ “๐˜ต๐˜ณ๐˜ถ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ” ๐˜ข๐˜ด ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ ๐˜ฆ๐˜น๐˜ค๐˜ถ๐˜ด๐˜ฆ.” – ๐˜š๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜ฆ๐˜ต๐˜ฐ๐˜ด๐˜ฉ๐˜ช ๐˜ž๐˜ข๐˜ต๐˜ข๐˜ด๐˜ฆ
สแด€sแดœสœแด€ - า“สŸสแด…แด€ส แด„สœษชษดแด€แด›แดแดกษด

Jul 2, 2023 1:40 AM
Apr 2023
10/10
PRIMER ANIME VISTO
TRIGGER > OTRO ESTUDIO
Jul 7, 2023 7:39 AM

Aug 2022
What a masterpiece! I loved every episode / every moment!
It was wild how they managed to make an Anime that had the best action - best comedy -  best story - best characters - best plot - ....! 
Never felt bored in this anime! exciting24/7!

They don't make anime like this anymore :(
But about the ending... can we expect season 2 one day? :(
1WanteD1Jul 8, 2023 4:00 AM
Jul 18, 2023 12:20 AM

Aug 2011
"Sailor uniforms are meant to be grown out of" เฒฅ_เฒฅ เฒฅ_เฒฅ เฒฅ_เฒฅ

SATSUKIU BLUSHING OOOOO CAN''T BELIEVE I WENT FROM GURREN LAGANN TO THIS
Jul 28, 2023 12:01 PM
Jun 2023
it was masterpiece
Sep 25, 2023 10:02 PM
Sep 2023
Great series, I want more but I dont want them to make more.
Oct 8, 2023 11:30 PM

Mar 2023
Thank you Trigger
Oct 18, 2023 2:26 PM
Oct 2023
It has one of the best animation in my opinion and one of unique show that can never be replecated
Nov 6, 2023 10:38 PM
Feb 2021
Never thought that I'd cry over a story about people stripping naked, but here we are.

Actually made a nonsensical plot turn into an intriguing and heartwrenching storyline, plus it wrapped up pretty nicely as well. The side characters are fleshed out but don't overshadow the main characters, who are pretty intense themselves. Even in the most serious moments, it still runs its slapstick humor without ruining the mood. Amazing.
Dec 7, 2023 7:33 PM
Jul 2018
Wow, that was really fun anime!
Dec 15, 2023 9:15 PM
Sep 2021
Shit was sick then it was sad. good stuff right there
Jan 4, 10:30 PM
Aug 2022
well enjoyed it till the end but only thing I disliked was that there were too fan service
Pages (20) « First ... « 17 18 [19] 20 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kill la Kill Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 5, 2013

225 by SuperJohnDoe »»
Aug 21, 12:44 PM

Poll: » Kill la Kill Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 28, 2013

190 by SuperJohnDoe »»
Aug 21, 12:44 PM

Poll: » Kill la Kill Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Nov 21, 2013

214 by SuperJohnDoe »»
Aug 20, 1:13 PM

Poll: » Kill la Kill Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 14, 2013

338 by SuperJohnDoe »»
Aug 20, 12:31 PM

Poll: » Kill la Kill Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

MCAL - Nov 6, 2013

280 by SuperJohnDoe »»
Aug 19, 12:24 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.