Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Aug 30, 2021 1:28 PM

May 2010
I enjoyed it, especially the way they showed how plot of original Death Note couldn't really happen in today's world, given current supervision of Internet and stuff. Sure, the ending for Minoru was "unfair", but honestly - that's what you get for playing aroud with a shinigami and mass murder weapon lol. 7/10
Oct 7, 2021 10:56 PM

Apr 2015
Oh god i really need Death Note Sequel!. The new kid had an awesome plan, but got rigged by the king of the god of death :v.
4th times getting signature banned wtf
Jan 24, 2022 6:55 AM

Sep 2021
this pic goes so hard. feel free to screenshot
hgwnejmp.ädqwsd
Apr 3, 2022 10:51 AM

Dec 2020
Honestly, I feel bad for Minoru. He died due to a rule that was added later. Well, anyway, it was a good read. I liked it.
May 10, 2022 10:03 PM

Jan 2020
I missed Ryuk, him asking if Minoru was an idiot made me laugh.

Minoru over here selling the Death Note. It's an interesting story for sure, and I felt like it was paced better than the previous one-shot. Nothing felt too rushed.

Near has some magnificent hair.

I'm okay with Minoru's fate as well. At the end of the day the Death Note is about tragedy. Minoru tried to be sneaky and keep his hands clean, but he was still going to enable another potential Kira-level threat. He had no problem profiting off of that. So it's not like he was a good person per se. I think what we've learned with these one-shots is to just say no, or else be prepared to go out in a blaze of glory.

"...Is your mother worried? Would you like us to assign someone to worry your mother?"

Aug 17, 2022 6:32 PM

Dec 2009
Very underwhelming and disappointing. 5/10.
A world where the Death Note lives on through another human years after Kira is intriguing,
but the outcome of another smart male teenager create a better economy for Japan by splitting America's bid to 1B to each people under 60 years old from a specific bank, only to die after withdrawing the money from Ryuk's new rule to have a Death Note buyer/seller die ... is lame.

I don't know wether the buildup was legitimately clever or forced, but the finale is disappointing regardless, and doesn't add anything to Death Note itself.
I'm shocked at how disappointing this Mangaka Duo's latest two works are. Platinum End and now this are truly bad.
Sep 13, 2022 5:32 PM

Aug 2019
I'm still salty that Minoru got screwed over by a last minute deus ex machina rule. I don't understand why the Shinigami King even got so upset. Was he just angry that a human came up with such a brilliant plan with no drawbacks?

But aside from that detail, this was by and large the best Death Note one-shot.
Sep 16, 2022 10:48 PM
Aug 2019
Napok said:
TekFiji said:

Not really. The reason Ryuk did not tell Minoru about the new rule was because he requested Ryuk to never come back to him ever again. You could say he caused his own downfall just like Light.

The Shinigami King added the new rule after the MC sold the death note to Trump. So Ryuk telling him about it after the fact wouldn't matter since he already broke the new rule and there's no way he can undo it.
<

Dunno if already answered. He could have not taken the money from his bank accounts. The only one in japan not benefiting from it. Maybe sending it back to america counts as not receiving it.
With information given he could have been alive, but those were refused as he made a promise with Ryuk. I think that was the point. Dunno if it was too late already

The reasoning behind this is that he still has same fault by that order to Ryuk. It is inteded ironically. If that what u said applies, he was completly powerless. My said way it was not a certain death,
Oct 16, 2022 9:30 PM
Dec 2020
Either I'm gay or adult Near looked like a woman.

This was a fun little read. Even as someone who enjoyed (and misses) Donald Trump's presidency, I found that whole bit mocking him to be hilarious.

#PowerOfKira tree fiddy
Dec 20, 2022 2:51 PM
Jan 2022
Vacilo, o rei socou uma regra do nada, e nem avisou o menino
Feb 28, 2023 1:47 PM
Jul 2018
A really good manga to read if you REALLY enjoyed Deathnote, and want to see a unique perspective and application of the Deathnote. Not only did the story wow and shock me it did so to Near and Ryuk as well! A must read!
Apr 6, 2023 9:36 PM

Jun 2011
SeproDep said:
Either I'm gay or adult Near looked like a woman.

This was a fun little read. Even as someone who enjoyed (and misses) Donald Trump's presidency, I found that whole bit mocking him to be hilarious.

#PowerOfKira tree fiddy
He looked like a woman, and Trump should've taken it. Would've been better off. 
Aug 18, 2023 9:11 AM
Oct 2020
Smart kid. Did everything right and got himself a good life but then got screwed by something beyond his control. Still a very smart way of using the death note. Lesson learned the death note brings death to the user no matter how smart they are. Still smart kid. He screwed over the USA and gave a bunch of people money and revitalized the Japanese Economy. I honestly feel bad for him.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

» Anime adaptation

Ayako_Rose - Apr 22, 2022

3 by SirRalphito »»
Jul 29, 2023 1:04 AM

Poll: » This "2nd season" wasnt necessary

ItzYaBoiSatan - Feb 9, 2020

21 by Frosty »»
Apr 6, 2023 9:38 PM

» Link for this one shot :)

sweet_hunnie - Jun 20, 2021

1 by removed-user »»
Jul 21, 2021 3:05 AM

» Why can't Ryuk just stole some apples tho?

KevinRin - Jul 21, 2021

0 by KevinRin »»
Jul 21, 2021 12:35 AM

» where to read

FUCKOFFBITCHHOEA - Jun 5, 2021

2 by KursedArcana »»
Jul 9, 2021 10:15 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.