Forum Settings
Forums
New
Feb 9, 2020 2:22 PM

Aug 2017
First lemme say that all this is only my opinion!

I got so happy when i saw new death note coming out i got my hopes up i thought they will continue kiras dream or something...but WHAT THE F***!
They messed everything up like everything the story started ok and the moment i found out what new kid gonna do i was already disappointed...i still kept some hopes but omg this was horrible it was painful reading it all and the ending?! noup this is horrible.
I find this new manga not necessary im like really disappointed. The kid barely did anything and everything went to waste.

im so disappointed i cant even explain whats bad about its just EVERYTHING...its all terrible...

Again my Opinion
Feb 9, 2020 2:29 PM

May 2018
The only thing that sucks about this is that final rule that Ryuk added. It ruined the GEOTUS's plan to MAGA :(
Feb 9, 2020 2:32 PM

Aug 2017
Only_Brad said:
The only thing that sucks about this is that final rule that Ryuk added. It ruined the GEOTUS's plan to MAGA :(

For me what ruined it was what the kid did with the death note...all the choices he had he chose that one...why?
Feb 9, 2020 2:53 PM
Jul 2018
I thought it was fine. It's a much deeper story than most people are even going to get.
Feb 9, 2020 2:55 PM

Feb 2020
the original had a crappy ending, so I thought maybe this would ''redeem'' it by confirming the fan favorite theory of kira turning into a ''shinigami'' and serving ryuki but....nah, just a crappy sequel
Feb 9, 2020 3:35 PM

Oct 2013
I disagree, it was a fresh of breath air that this kid wasn't interested in using the death note and it was also realistic, since he himself knows that the chances are way higher to get caught with the improvement of technology.

And the way how it was done was great, the only bad thing is the new rule asspull that became the main character death. Finally this was a simple one shot and it did nothing to ruin the main story, if they are planning a death note sequel then nothing would need to change.

Xiandragons said:
the original had a crappy ending, so I thought maybe this would ''redeem'' it by confirming the fan favorite theory of kira turning into a ''shinigami'' and serving ryuki but....nah, just a crappy sequel

That is so dumb, that is why it is a fan theory in the first place because its dumb.
keragammingFeb 9, 2020 3:38 PM
Feb 10, 2020 12:30 AM

May 2015
Well, I liked the idea of how a Death Note would work in this increasingly interconnected world, it would be almost impossible to not get caught using it, also it would be boring to see another Kira, I mean, it's clearly that he was the smartest guy that could ever handle it, so if you're not gonna use it to kill people, you don't really have many choices to use it besides giving it to someone else, so selling it was the wisest option. Also, I was glad to see the return of the old characters and Minoru was a good protagonist, honestly, due to its design and the chapter cover art I thought he would be a Kira wannabe, but I was so wrong. The Trump part to me was laughable and weird, I get that it was like a kind of social commentary or whatever but it was so "WTF?" and the rule addition was unfair (ok, I know that word doesn't even work with gods of death) and a blatant asspull, but since it's an auto-conclusive chapter, it was obvious that the character would not get a happy ending. It was a satisfying story, the problem would be if Minoru was still alive and they were planning to do a full-length sequel of Death Note.
Feb 10, 2020 8:34 AM

Aug 2017
Xiandragons said:

exactly i wanted either that or someone who succeeded him whos actually smart and has same or similar goal
Feb 10, 2020 8:39 AM

Aug 2017
ren_moon said:
Well, I liked the idea of how a Death Note would work in this increasingly interconnected world, it would be almost impossible to not get caught using it, also it would be boring to see another Kira, I mean, it's clearly that he was the smartest guy that could ever handle it, so if you're not gonna use it to kill people, you don't really have many choices to use it besides giving it to someone else, so selling it was the wisest option. Also, I was glad to see the return of the old characters and Minoru was a good protagonist, honestly, due to its design and the chapter cover art I thought he would be a Kira wannabe, but I was so wrong. The Trump part to me was laughable and weird, I get that it was like a kind of social commentary or whatever but it was so "WTF?" and the rule addition was unfair (ok, I know that word doesn't even work with gods of death) and a blatant asspull, but since it's an auto-conclusive chapter, it was obvious that the character would not get a happy ending. It was a satisfying story, the problem would be if Minoru was still alive and they were planning to do a full-length sequel of Death Note.

idk how you would get caught if u were killing people with death note...like youd be literally writing down on a notebook who would ever think youre the killer out of millions of people
Feb 10, 2020 11:33 AM

May 2015
ItzYaBoiSatan said:
ren_moon said:

idk how you would get caught if u were killing people with death note...like youd be literally writing down on a notebook who would ever think youre the killer out of millions of people

Writing the names is one thing, but with the increased surveillance it would be hard to walk around and do suspicious things like talking alone (when you're in fact talking to a god of death), trying to hide the changes in your mood or attitude, seeing too much people suspiciously dying of heart attacks again and so on. If L almost caught Kira, when there were million of other suspects, I think it would be obvious that Near, the guy that after more than 10 years most likely surpassed L, someway would caught Minoru sooner or later if he was killing people as he pleased, since he is not as brilliant as Kira.
Feb 10, 2020 12:05 PM

Aug 2017
ren_moon said:
ItzYaBoiSatan said:

Writing the names is one thing, but with the increased surveillance it would be hard to walk around and do suspicious things like talking alone (when you're in fact talking to a god of death), trying to hide the changes in your mood or attitude, seeing too much people suspiciously dying of heart attacks again and so on. If L almost caught Kira, when there were million of other suspects, I think it would be obvious that Near, the guy that after more than 10 years most likely surpassed L, someway would caught Minoru sooner or later if he was killing people as he pleased, since he is not as brilliant as Kira.

he could be killing in bathrooms and stuff also home or just places where there are no cameras and people and only talk when to god of death when no ones around and no cameras...tbh i dont see how could any of that be trouble
Feb 10, 2020 2:35 PM

May 2015
ItzYaBoiSatan said:
ren_moon said:

he could be killing in bathrooms and stuff also home or just places where there are no cameras and people and only talk when to god of death when no ones around and no cameras...tbh i dont see how could any of that be trouble

Well, Light tried everything to not get caught writing the names and he outsmarted L, but it was just because he only suspected and didn't know about the existence of the Death Note until his very last days, now, everyone knows what a Death Note is, so if people suddenly start dying of heart attacks and other strange circumstances around the area where Minoru lived, he eventually would be caught, as I said, sooner or later, because Near is now as capable as L to caught every kind of delinquent and Minoru simply doesn't have the same wit, killer instinct and god complex of Light to go freely killing people and didn't have the privilege of being the son of the NPA's chief to avoid suspicion, I mean, Light was the perfect Death Note holder, no one could last longer than him using the notebook, if nobody ever knew what the hell a DN is, he would achieve his dream of being the god of the new world, but now that it is even mentioned in history books, that dream is no longer possible if you don't have the resources, so no point in using it. Really, if it is not used to kill people, I hardly can think in other option besides selling it to some powerful and rich guy.
Feb 11, 2020 8:45 AM

Aug 2017
ren_moon said:
ItzYaBoiSatan said:

Well, Light tried everything to not get caught writing the names and he outsmarted L, but it was just because he only suspected and didn't know about the existence of the Death Note until his very last days, now, everyone knows what a Death Note is, so if people suddenly start dying of heart attacks and other strange circumstances around the area where Minoru lived, he eventually would be caught, as I said, sooner or later, because Near is now as capable as L to caught every kind of delinquent and Minoru simply doesn't have the same wit, killer instinct and god complex of Light to go freely killing people and didn't have the privilege of being the son of the NPA's chief to avoid suspicion, I mean, Light was the perfect Death Note holder, no one could last longer than him using the notebook, if nobody ever knew what the hell a DN is, he would achieve his dream of being the god of the new world, but now that it is even mentioned in history books, that dream is no longer possible if you don't have the resources, so no point in using it. Really, if it is not used to kill people, I hardly can think in other option besides selling it to some powerful and rich guy.

you right...well if it was more realistic light would of won but obviously it would be weird if he had no difficulties...cuz lets be honest who would of thought that some random kid is killing people with a notebook...like no one in real world they wouldnt just randomly guess stuff like that its easier irl but again its anime lol
Feb 11, 2020 12:41 PM

Feb 2010
the 2nd half of deathnote's original manga was not needed, L was the best part of death note.
"among monsters and humans, there are only two types.
Those who undergo suffering and spread it to others. And those who undergo suffering and avoid giving it to others." -Alice
“Beauty is no quality in things themselves: It exists merely in the mind which contemplates them; and each mind perceives a different beauty.” David Hume
“Evil is created when someone gives up on someone else. It appears when everyone gives up on someone as a lost cause and removes their path to salvation. Once they are cut off from everyone else, they become evil.” -Othinus

Feb 11, 2020 1:40 PM

Aug 2017
hazarddex said:
the 2nd half of deathnote's original manga was not needed, L was the best part of death note.

nah i was happy seeing him die the best part of death note or 3rd best...first one L eating chips 2nd him laughing on grave 3rd him killing L
Jun 6, 2020 5:16 AM
Oct 2019
It's a one shot not a 2nd season (if that wasn't obvious enough). Kira's dreams isn't possible anymore, someone made a good video why the death note would fail in recent times, I suggest you check it out. I personally think A-Kira played it well going with pacifist route. He only got fucked by a stupid rule.
Oct 9, 2020 1:58 PM
Sep 2019
At least I got myself a hairstyle to copy lol
Oct 9, 2020 3:57 PM
Jul 2018
ItzYaBoiSatan said:
Only_Brad said:

For me what ruined it was what the kid did with the death note...all the choices he had he chose that one...why?

to show how it would play out in a virtuous person's hands. I'd say he was more neutral good but, still, it worked as a one shot in my opinion.
moral of the story is, concerning the death note, that the only winning move is not to play. (you can rest assured that no one else will ever use the note, plus you'll have a shinigami to keep you company)
Jan 4, 2021 9:10 AM

May 2020
I had no issue with this one shot at all lol. Honestly seeing that Death Note had a sequel came off to me as a sort of cash grab to ride off of the success of Death Note. There really isn’t enough material to create a whole new series without copying or taking material from the original story.

With it being a one-shot, I thought it was perfect. The world was aware of this power and took precautions in case of it were to happen again. So creating a whole new series where someone tries to do what Light did over again is really something I wouldn’t want to see.

Honestly I would much rather see a pre-Kira storyline where an absolue idiot had the death note and the world didn’t have technology or the knowledge of the death note. Like if it were set in the 70’s or something, that would be fun.
Apr 17, 2021 12:26 AM
Jul 2018
The idea to organize an Auction for Death note was somehow fascinating but this is my personal opinion, because I've really enjoyed the 87 panels of this chapter, cuz I seriously wanted to see my gem Characters one more time, yeah it wasn't as panegyric as Death note but who cares if you are getting a chance to see your some loving Characters one more time...
Oct 7, 2021 11:01 PM

Apr 2015
I love it haha. if that king of death god didn't make that asspull new rule, the kid would've won. But just like what the oldest book in the world says, "you don't make a promise with a death god".
4th times getting signature banned wtf
Apr 6, 2023 9:38 PM

Jun 2011
Only_Brad said:
How so? He'd be dead, and America would still have the Death Note. The country would be better off.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Death Note (2020) Chapter 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 3, 2020

162 by Rexnihilo »»
Aug 18, 2023 9:11 AM

» Anime adaptation

Ayako_Rose - Apr 22, 2022

3 by SirRalphito »»
Jul 29, 2023 1:04 AM

» Link for this one shot :)

sweet_hunnie - Jun 20, 2021

1 by removed-user »»
Jul 21, 2021 3:05 AM

» Why can't Ryuk just stole some apples tho?

KevinRin - Jul 21, 2021

0 by KevinRin »»
Jul 21, 2021 12:35 AM

» where to read

FUCKOFFBITCHHOEA - Jun 5, 2021

2 by KursedArcana »»
Jul 9, 2021 10:15 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.