Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Nov 18, 2019 9:36 PM
Sep 2018
l3akasushi said:
RIP seguro, seems like she stop responding after the second or third blow. Hopefully this adaption follows the novel's ending. Sad

The light novel was translated ? Where can you find it ?
Nov 18, 2019 9:54 PM
Sep 2018
jrod19 said:
Dravise123 said:

no it really wasnt necessary at all , i will admit that there is room for seizaki to grow , espically after witnessing such a event . The anime still contradicts itself , earlier the other police who was interrogating seizaki immediately refute the existence of magase and immediately after that we see magase toturing sekuro . that is more than sufficient proof that magase is at least related to the mass suicide case of the task force.
If the next episode shows seisaki being the only one on the case despite the incriminating evidence , that shows that sekuro toture scene unnecesaary and is only used for shock value.

But she can change her appearance. They may know that some psychotic murder is out there, but they still can't catch her and the police won't believe him when he says that she can change
appearances.

yes I completely agree that the police will not believe that magase can change her appearance, I’m just pointing out the fact that the toture scene was used for SHOCK VALUE if there isn’t another task force assembled to bring the psychotic murderer to justice . I mean , u can clearly see that magase torturing one of the members of the task force , so it stands to reason that she is involved in the mass suicide ..... and it’s not like the police will ignore a blatant murder of a women in their god damn corporation
Nov 18, 2019 9:54 PM

Jan 2013
and i thought this Itsuki steps was steps ahead of everybody...he is like a toddler compared to this chick
hopefully homeboy will be sane enough to turn that video in as evidence....but 99.9% chance says he definitely wont and couldnt.
Nov 18, 2019 10:11 PM

Jul 2015
This episode really messed with me. I feel more disturbed and uncomfortable than I have in a very long time. The Sekuro torture/murder was completely unnecessary imo, as Magase was already evil enough to warrant capital punishment.

I honestly can't believe how demented this was. Masterfully directed, but I wish it wasn't just because of how shaken I am. Even Itsuki's death scene was pretty horrifying and sad.

I may need to drop this just for the sake of my sanity. Because if I continue watching this and Magase ends up killing Seizaki's family ? Yikes. It'd really not surprise me whatsoever if this happened, and I'd even say it's likely at this point.
Nov 18, 2019 10:13 PM

Feb 2009
Akko_Berserk said:
Babylon's poster was already spoiling us how the rest of the co-stars were going to die: hanged, with a shot in the head and dismembered ....... seizaki, what will happen to you?

Will he become Magase?
I am a weird one, while everyone is getting sick and disturb I was like "ok, what's next" because I've seem worse. Anime veteran here.
I am just curious on how this going to end, because the only thing this anime does well is that you have no idea what is really going on.
MaxCrazy7Nov 18, 2019 10:20 PM
Nov 18, 2019 10:17 PM

Sep 2019
Ai is really female Johan at this point with her ability to kill people and have others do it for her
Nov 18, 2019 10:43 PM

Aug 2015
She killed Sekuro! Like that! Unforgivable!
As soon as I saw Sekuro tied to the table in underwear, I'm just, "I don't want to see this." I didn't want to see that.
You know what, it's a good this isn't coming back until Dec 30 since I don't think I even want to watch this anymore.

When Seizaki says Sekuro must be alive, I'm just...doubt
Seizaki is a real sweet summer child to not consider that it was to send a message

now that my emotional response is out of the way:

Does this anime still have anything to do with Big Pharma? Like, how is Magase getting all these people to kill themselves with simple suggestion? That's not humanly possible and I refuse to believe Magase is anyone more than a human with Speech 100. Somebody has to have put the suicidal tendencies drug from like the first or third episode in the water supply or something and Itsuki's suicide law is just a cover to let Big Pharma get away with putting a faulty product on the market.

Even the police should realize that a group suicide of police is highly irregular, Megane is clearly deluding himself. As other posters have pointed out, the anime really does lack in logic in these last few episodes - like, easy refutation of Itsuki - why should he kill himself when he would leaving behind a child and there might be another donor? and the fact the boy should have been ID'd as Itsuki's in the process of locating him for the debate.

Nov 19, 2019 12:04 AM
May 2019
I was really terrified by the episode
Watched it at 3 am though
This show just took a drastic change in the span of just 20 minutes
And that comparison of suicide to sex 😶
Overall a very good episode i watched after a long time
Nov 19, 2019 12:14 AM
Jun 2017
magase really is such a crazy one, that mr zeisaki is already mad at her after watching that live stream of killing someone... ohh this series really is crazy to watch but im loving it. lets see what will mr seisaki do after this one
Nov 19, 2019 1:14 AM

Apr 2016
OMG OMG Oh my f*cking GOD this episode was wow. This is turning into an amazing anime
Possible AOTS
Can't wait for next episodede...wait ..... next ep is in 30 dec :(((

Nov 19, 2019 2:17 AM
Sep 2019
We were mind raped
Nov 19, 2019 2:25 AM

May 2019
Well damn. Intense asf. The dark thematic concerns and moral anxieties are really prevalent in this episode. That last scene was amazingly choreographed.

We don't know what kind of people we truly are until the moment before our deaths.
As death comes to embrace you, you will realise what you are.
That's what death is, don't you think?

------------------------------------
Itachi Uchiha
Nov 19, 2019 3:19 AM
Apr 2017
Holy shit I've not seen anything quite like it.

I've seen worse gore and torture/rape and that's fine, since it's usually easy to discern right from wrong. But nothing beats this anime - trying to justify evil by giving them that much screen time and opportunity. Trying to force people to understanding evil, even, with increased violence.
Nov 19, 2019 3:53 AM

Mar 2016
Mythologically said:
Ryuseishun said:
@Mythologically how to NOT do a mystery series right some way, somehow, apparently....well, at least to people like us.

I don't think "how to not do a mystery series right" is how I'd phrase it tbh. Rather, this is the single worst episode of anything I've ever seen.

• Every single thing that happens is completely telegraphed and obvious, so there's literally 0 tension
  • Haha let's kill every character because dark good
  • 100% unnecessary torture scene with some surface level, faux-intellectual moral discussion over it because haha shock value good

But if anything pisses me off the most, it's that an abysmally written character is being compared to fucking Makishima. Makishima, who is undoubtedly the best anime antagonist ever written, is being compared to this bitch. What? Magase is a purely evil character with no motivations or redeeming qualities. Makishima was literally the good guy in his show. How can you even begin to compare them?

Anyway, the show was gradually getting worse after the first 3 episodes, but this ep sent it from an 8 to a solid 1. It went from a fairly enjoyable mystery series to a juvenile edgefest that pretends to be deep.

Yea I apologize for that comparison, and I honestly I can agreed with your points for the most part cause it answered some questions to myself why I personally hated this episode. Makishima's intentions had deeper meaning and he wasn't going around like "ohhh I'm so evil" and all that, but more like "hey, your system sucks, so Imma show you why". Magase, on the other hand, has turned out to be just another overly edgy antagonist with obvious mental issues and some unexplained supernatural ability, the latter of which I felt contributed to messing up the whole premise of a good ol mystery series.
Nov 19, 2019 4:54 AM

Jan 2017
Thanks God that next op will be released in 6 weeks, I need some time to process this fucked up ending!
Nov 19, 2019 5:09 AM
Nov 2019
Somebody knows where we can find the novel spoilers or manga spoilers?
Nov 19, 2019 5:20 AM
Nov 2019
l3akasushi said:
RIP seguro, seems like she stop responding after the second or third blow. Hopefully this adaption follows the novel's ending. Sad
where can i see the novel?
Nov 19, 2019 5:33 AM
Feb 2017
when the bitchie magase can killed?
i want look slow dead
Nov 19, 2019 5:33 AM

Jan 2011
the ultimate counter for Magase is to be deaf.
if you cant hear her then she can't affect you, Seizaki should just give his next team Soundproof headphones, they shouldn't allowed to communicate with anyone
Nov 19, 2019 5:42 AM

Jan 2014
i've never been this angry for a long time, holy shit.
i'd be even more pissed if magase doesn't get what she deserves. i reaaaally hope she gets completely blown the fuck out at the end mentally and physically. edgy murderer needs an edgy treatment too.
Nov 19, 2019 5:52 AM
Nov 2019
OrangeRium said:
i've never been this angry for a long time, holy shit.
i'd be even more pissed if magase doesn't get what she deserves. i reaaaally hope she gets completely blown the fuck out at the end mentally and physically. edgy murderer needs an edgy treatment too.
How a person that cant feel emotions feel anything? haha
Nov 19, 2019 6:29 AM

May 2017
What a great and effective ep top to bottom. Opening with the mayor giving a very good and thought out reason for suicide. then the radios going dead one by one. dudes friend only living long enough to tell him whats going on. then the execution at the the end with a whopper villain speech. "you think i lived some fucked up life and that made me evil? so because you're good you must have never really seen evil. well i'll show you evil." brilliant stuff

would be delighted for the rest of the show to be half as stacked as this ep.
Nov 19, 2019 6:45 AM

Feb 2019
Seems to be taking inspiration from the likes of Silence of the Lambs and Se7en.

They certainly have an excuse to arrest Itsuki now...if they can find him. It makes me wonder if that was really his kid, and if it is really his kid, the whole family was playing them from the beginning.

All of those people who worked with Itsuki to get him elected, how would any of them not known his wife? Plus the fact that they know Magase is constantly disguising herself. You would think they would have vetted that kid a LOT better before they put him on national television.

I also have to wonder, if Zen had never tuned in to that stream, if Magase wouldn't have killed Sekuro. She obviously wanted an audience, and she obviously wanted specifically Zen to see it. It was clear as day to me that when he was given that stream URL, it was going to be Magase doing something to Sekuro...it should have been clear to him as well. The fact that he kept watching it may be what got Sekuro killed.

I hope this doesn't end like No Country for Old Men and I hope Magase eats a bullet or meets the end of a rope.

At the same time, after all that has transpired..if they make it known to the public, then it outs Itsuki as a criminal and he can be impeached and his sham election will landslide toward his opposition....if the show doesn't derp that part,
HOOfan_1Nov 19, 2019 6:53 AM
Nov 19, 2019 7:09 AM
Nov 2019
I don’t know what to say
I'm shocked.
I was liking Sekuro, then... wtf!
Nov 19, 2019 7:37 AM

Apr 2009
Oh hell no. Seizaki you definitely need to get your wife and child the hell out of the country asap. I wouldn't let anyone you know as to where they are going. And wtf at December 29-30, this is going to be my last memory if this show for an entire month;(. What is going on with this.
DreddNov 19, 2019 7:42 AM
Nov 19, 2019 7:57 AM
Apr 2018
This episode is shocking

But first i feel in past episode sekuro is magasei the reason is ever episode sekuro eye look to seisaki but now im wrong and sekuro turn is a sacrifice sheep.
Now there is a question now why only sekuro need to kill if she can control or turn people to suicide in mind means they are something in sekuro? Or magasei trip like that way?

And i feel seisaki really really mad and crazy now.
Nov 19, 2019 8:05 AM

Nov 2019
neogalfen25 said:
This episode is shocking

But first i feel in past episode sekuro is magasei the reason is ever episode sekuro eye look to seisaki but now im wrong and sekuro turn is a sacrifice sheep.
Now there is a question now why only sekuro need to kill if she can control or turn people to suicide in mind means they are something in sekuro? Or magasei trip like that way?

Magase can only manipulate men (and maybe lesbians) to suicide
Nov 19, 2019 8:25 AM
Sep 2016
dark-chaos said:
the ultimate counter for Magase is to be deaf.
if you cant hear her then she can't affect you, Seizaki should just give his next team Soundproof headphones, they shouldn't allowed to communicate with anyone
Nice thinking. And to stay on the safe side, Seizaki should consider castrating himself also.
Nov 19, 2019 9:11 AM
Sep 2018
This anime is like death note from the cop's perspective
Nov 19, 2019 9:49 AM

Dec 2017
I hope Magase has some reasons to do evil stuff otherwise my poor man seizaki will go crazy beacause of her. We still have 5 episodes but there aren't so many people left. Will he lose his family in next episode? If magase dies at the end we still cant be happy thats because everybody might die :( It's already f*cked up.
nasomikaMay 24, 2020 1:29 PM
Nov 19, 2019 10:21 AM
Oct 2007
WTHWTHWTH!!! This have gotten so dark !!! I got goosebumps watching the execution. Tbh when someone writes a story like this, I think it's going to be almost impossible to make it as logical as it can be. Even if they try, does the viewer or reader get tired of the series before reaching that point is going to be another issue. The best solution is to balance and try to implement something that is half half but yet super entertaining.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 19, 2019 10:56 AM

Mar 2014
Holy cow she made everyone in the investigation team commit suicide and poor Sekuro got the worse !!!
Nov 19, 2019 11:29 AM
Apr 2016
Ryuseishun said:
Mythologically said:

I don't think "how to not do a mystery series right" is how I'd phrase it tbh. Rather, this is the single worst episode of anything I've ever seen.

• Every single thing that happens is completely telegraphed and obvious, so there's literally 0 tension
  • 100% unnecessary torture scene with some surface level, faux-intellectual moral discussion over it because haha shock value good

But if anything pisses me off the most, it's that an abysmally written character is being compared to fucking Makishima. Makishima, who is undoubtedly the best anime antagonist ever written, is being compared to this bitch. What? Magase is a purely evil character with no motivations or redeeming qualities. Makishima was literally the good guy in his show. How can you even begin to compare them?

Anyway, the show was gradually getting worse after the first 3 episodes, but this ep sent it from an 8 to a solid 1. It went from a fairly enjoyable mystery series to a juvenile edgefest that pretends to be deep.

Yea I apologize for that comparison, and I honestly I can agreed with your points for the most part cause it answered some questions to myself why I personally hated this episode. Makishima's intentions had deeper meaning and he wasn't going around like "ohhh I'm so evil" and all that, but more like "hey, your system sucks, so Imma show you why". Magase, on the other hand, has turned out to be just another overly edgy antagonist with obvious mental issues and some unexplained supernatural ability, the latter of which I felt contributed to messing up the whole premise of a good ol mystery series.

You do understand you spout this while merely mid-way through a thriller? You do understand there is a lot of crucial information yet to be revealed, and we can only surmise what is going on from the symbolism and foreshadowing? You do understand everything you said has zero credibility at this point, don't you?
Re:formed
Nov 19, 2019 11:33 AM
Apr 2016
Supercueca_ said:
neogalfen25 said:
This episode is shocking

Magase can only manipulate men (and maybe lesbians) to suicide

neogalfen25 said:

That is a wrong explanation.
Magase Ai clearly states she wants Seizaki Zen to understand her, the evil one. Merely making Sekuro commit suicide would be pointless - he does not feel the mental strain this way. However, cutting her up on-line while telling Zen to understand just why the villain is murdering all these people - that is what she wants to do. She wants him to lose his ideals, to snap and to come at her not like a hero, but like something else - she wants Zen to terminate her.
Mythologically said:
Ryuseishun said:
@Mythologically how to NOT do a mystery series right some way, somehow, apparently....well, at least to people like us.

You are calling a mass-murderer the good guy of a philosophical series. Then again, you deny Magase Ai any "well-written-ness" while only halfway through the series. Aren't you being quite narrow-minded? Have no theories on your own that would shed light on what is Magase Ai and why she is doing what she is doing? Did you seriously strip yourself of all objectiveness and just claimed that "this sux" because... because why? You failed to provide a single reason why this episode turned a decent psychological thriller into a... "juvenile edgefest"? What is it supposed to mean, could you explain yourself in a civilized and comprehensible way? You say it was getting worse and went from good to nothing... in a course of one episode? Surely this leap can be explained, if you could fathom it, right?
Either way you humiliated yourselves, this series and us. That's a lose-lose. Do something about it next time you wish to leave your unrefined input on discussion threads.
Ryuseishun said:
I wanted to be impressed by this episode, but I ended up really frustrated. Idk, there was something about this episode that really ticked me off, and it wasn’t restricted to Masase being a discount Makishima at the end.

Could it be your pair is merely dissatisfied with excessive violence and brutality, yet trying to pass the disgust as something the series is guilty of? I will remind EVERYONE that this is not a children's fairytale, this is a serious social-critique/psychological thriller. If you were unprepared to be faced with mature themes... you should avoid pretending to be mature forum-goers on forums.
ProofByColor said:
Looks like the poster did spoil it all. Fucking hell man... I almost wish they censored it less so I could feel even more disturbed. Magase needs to die, but idk how Seizaki could ever pull that off at the moment. He needs to smarten up. They really nailed his breakdown though.

He really does not need to smarten it up, if you mean that he needs to do so in order to murder Magase Ai. After all, everything Magase is orchestrating is to make sure Zen wants to shoot her, instead of prosecuting her like a police-man. IF he does not smarten up, he will shoot her.
Daniel_NaumovNov 19, 2019 12:02 PM
Nov 19, 2019 11:35 AM
Feb 2019
Anyone has noticed that the promotional image of this anime tells:

The death of Fumio by hanging in Chapter 1 (if you pay atention to the the white zone you'll see it ties up his neck)

The death of Kuijin by a shot in the lateral part of his head in Chapter 7 (the same white part ends exactly in that point, like pointing to it)

The death of Sekuro cutted into pieces in Chapter 7 (again, if you watch carefully you'll see how the white part separates her body multiple times in the image, specially her neck and arms)

I had this theory before, but I thought that was just a coincidence because it only had happened one time, but now I'm sure it has to be that.

ravvavaNov 19, 2019 11:38 AM
Nov 19, 2019 11:37 AM

May 2017
Ai Magase is legit the most evil psychopathic villain this side of Hannibal Lechter(Mads version). In fact more evil, since he never did to anyone what she just did to Sekuro. I legit had to pause in the middle of that scene, it so sickened me.

This show just went straight to School Day's 'bad ending' on the 7th episode!
Nov 19, 2019 11:42 AM

May 2017
Mythologically said:

In fact Ai Magase might make more sense than Makishima. He seemed to be a Joker-type character with no discernible motivations other than 'chaos' for its own sake.

With Ai Magase, it's implied she's been highly sexualized since 15. In fact I think it's possible she might have been gang raped in high school and this is her ongoing bloody path of vengeance against a world that provided her no justice.

How the hell does this all end? Seizaki's family will by killed, everyone in the city will be hypnotized by Ai Magase into mass 'suicide'? Holy crap, this is headed straight for End of Evangelion territory. But even that had a slightly hopeful ending.
Nov 19, 2019 11:54 AM
Nov 2018
I first thought Ai Magase is hot, now I am terrified.
Nov 19, 2019 12:01 PM

Mar 2016
Daniel_Naumov said:
Ryuseishun said:

You do understand you spout this while merely mid-way through a thriller? You do understand there is a lot of crucial information yet to be revealed, and we can only surmise what is going on from the symbolism and foreshadowing? You do understand everything you said has zero credibility at this point, don't you?

To address this ad hominem you decided to go with.
Do you really think they're even handling this the right way, though? Cause until we get an explanation on why Magase became such a crazy individual or even how she did her whole manipulation of the victims, the ep made a bad mark by resorting to mostly shock value than just adding more twists to an intriguing ongoing mystery.
And no, me and @Mythologically are not tag teaming here, we just somehow have similar stances. Now, tbf, my opinion may change depending the last five episodes (which fortunately ain't til December), and hopefully they do, but until then, I still ponder why the decision for gruesome shock value instead of shock revelation. Like wouldn't it at least be better if she just make the girl kill herself right in front of her as opposed as just chaining and butchering her with this "hahaha I'm so evil" in-your-face expression? Maybe it doesn't work in certain conditions or certain people? Regardless, this is more of making someone felt angry instead of making them feel helpless to do anything as a "good guy hero". Maybe she wants the former....who knows? But the presentation was just simply, imo.....not good.
Nov 19, 2019 12:18 PM

Mar 2016
smoledman said:
Mythologically said:

In fact Ai Magase might make more sense than Makishima. He seemed to be a Joker-type character with no discernible motivations other than 'chaos' for its own sake.

With Ai Magase, it's implied she's been highly sexualized since 15. In fact I think it's possible she might have been gang raped in high school and this is her ongoing bloody path of vengeance against a world that provided her no justice.

How the hell does this all end? Seizaki's family will by killed, everyone in the city will be hypnotized by Ai Magase into mass 'suicide'? Holy crap, this is headed straight for End of Evangelion territory. But even that had a slightly hopeful ending.

I wasn't in agreement with how her motives were showcased here. But then again, I've never really liked Magase to begin with, so this episode didn't help, obviously xD
I do hope they touch up on some backstory like you brought up, though.
And no, Makishima wasn't going around causing chaos just for the sake of it. He was also showing and pointing out the loopholes and flaws in a false utopian system, albeit with rather not-really-nice methods and scheming. It's because of that I couldn't really think of Makishima as a bad guy....hell I even rooted for him quite a few times, tbh.
Nov 19, 2019 12:45 PM
Apr 2016
Ryuseishun said:
Daniel_Naumov said:

To address this ad hominem you decided to go with.
Do you really think they're even handling this the right way, though? Cause until we get an explanation on why Magase became such a crazy individual or even how she did her whole manipulation of the victims, the ep made a bad mark by resorting to mostly shock value than just adding more twists to an intriguing ongoing mystery.
And no, me and @Mythologically are not tag teaming here, we just somehow have similar stances. Now, tbf, my opinion may change depending the last five episodes (which fortunately ain't til December), and hopefully they do, but until then, I still ponder why the decision for gruesome shock value instead of shock revelation. Like wouldn't it at least be better if she just make the girl kill herself right in front of her as opposed as just chaining and butchering her with this "hahaha I'm so evil" in-your-face expression? Maybe it doesn't work in certain conditions or certain people? Regardless, this is more of making someone felt angry instead of making them feel helpless to do anything as a "good guy hero". Maybe she wants the former....who knows? But the presentation was just simply, imo.....not good.

I will try to explain it... once. Magase Ai's objective, as per my understanding of this series (which is based on my broader understanding of everything) is to have Zen stop her through violence, not through law. She is clearly insane and it comes with perks, as in most stories about insane people. To become insane there needs be no reason, as insanity is devoid of any reason to begin with. She does provide subtle social critique though, and there were signs that, according to her medical card, she can't children. But this all is irrelevant.

Magase Ai throughout the series is trying to twist Seizaki Zen out of his ideals. Everything she does is to make Zen come at her not as a police-man, but as a revenge seeking, broken man. Why do that? Because she known she is evil and insane. Because she might not be able to stop herself, although she easily manipulates others into it. That's the point - she wants someone to terminate her madness. See main villain of B: The Beginning for the reference. Babylon seems to be going the same direction.

So why show a gruesome live-streaming with Sekuro? Everything has meaning, as the villain said. Everything she did was to unhinge Zen, to make him so broken as to forget his ideals of a righteous society, and straight pull the trigger on her.

What revelation would you expect? She was in control the whole time. We are seeing this unravel from the eyes of one helpless police inspector, who must play this sick game of hers because he is better than her (or the same as her, as she states). Why would she reveal anything before she has achieved her goal? There was no "favouring shock value". This was the logical conclusion to the kidnapping subplot. To make Sekuro commit suicide is to make Zen feel guilty. To slowly cut her on-line while talking about how they are no different, and that she believes Zen can understand her is to force Seizaki Zen to snap and forget about "playing the good guy".
Nov 19, 2019 1:02 PM

May 2017
Isn't Ai trying to do to Zen what The Joker attempted with Batman in TDK?

The Joker: The only sensible way to live in this world is without rules. And tonight, you're gonna break your one rule!
Nov 19, 2019 1:46 PM
Dec 2016
Shit just went from 0 to 100 real fucking quick
Nov 19, 2019 1:51 PM

Mar 2017
Jesus Christ. That end scene was fucking horrible. I feel sick.

If Seizaki isn't careful he's family are going to end up butchered too (though the death flag has already been raised on that one!). Seriously; Magase needs to die for the protection of mankind!

I knew what was going to happen to Kujin & Sekura though; i've had a theory from the 1st episode that their deaths were on the poster.
Nov 19, 2019 2:08 PM

Feb 2019
smoledman said:
Isn't Ai trying to do to Zen what The Joker attempted with Batman in TDK?

The Joker: The only sensible way to live in this world is without rules. And tonight, you're gonna break your one rule!

Or what Kevin Spacey did to Brad Pitt in Se7en
Nov 19, 2019 2:15 PM
Jan 2013
l3akasushi said:

You read the novel?
"How am I supposed to face the problem when the problem is my face?" - W.Lui

"A real man forgives a woman for her lies." - Sanji

"First comes love, then comes marriage, then comes adults flying through a portal in the sky." - NettoSaito

"I'm not a newbie it's just that I only registered a few days ago." - A newbie
Nov 19, 2019 2:46 PM
Jul 2015
Jesus fucking christ that was insane
Nov 19, 2019 4:12 PM
Apr 2016
Mythologically said:
Daniel_Naumov said:

You are calling a mass-murderer the good guy of a philosophical series. Then again, you deny Magase Ai any "well-written-ness" while only halfway through the series. Aren't you being quite narrow-minded? Have no theories on your own that would shed light on what is Magase Ai and why she is doing what she is doing? Did you seriously strip yourself of all objectiveness and just claimed that "this sux" because... because why? You failed to provide a single reason why this episode turned a decent psychological thriller into a... "juvenile edgefest"? What is it supposed to mean, could you explain yourself in a civilized and comprehensible way? You say it was getting worse and went from good to nothing... in a course of one episode? Surely this leap can be explained, if you could fathom it, right?
Either way you humiliated yourselves, this series and us. That's a lose-lose. Do something about it next time you wish to leave your unrefined input on discussion threads.

Honestly, I don't even know how to reply to this. This must be some sort of new level of mental illness. Like, I genuinely believe you need to seek serious psychiatric help if you feel the need to become this aggressive over a japanese cartoon forum. Holy shit.

This is fine. You are unable to properly answer my remarks since you clearly understand how uncultured and lacking effort is your input on this episode discussion thread. Accepting the problem and understanding it is 2/3 of solving it. Be blessed.
Nov 19, 2019 4:45 PM
Sep 2018
Daniel_Naumov said:
Mythologically said:

Honestly, I don't even know how to reply to this. This must be some sort of new level of mental illness. Like, I genuinely believe you need to seek serious psychiatric help if you feel the need to become this aggressive over a japanese cartoon forum. Holy shit.

This is fine. You are unable to properly answer my remarks since you clearly understand how uncultured and lacking effort is your input on this episode discussion thread. Accepting the problem and understanding it is 2/3 of solving it. Be blessed.

I also feel that this ep was more for shock value but I’ll give some credit where it’s due , magase posing as the taiyou kid mother was a unexpected but nice touch ( idk if its just me but I didn’t see it coming)
The scene where magase was casually telling the chief to write down his “death message” in front of many other officers “spellbound” shows the cunningness of magase and gave me suspense of what is gonna happen next (I knew what was gonna happen but I wanted to see how it was animated)
Now after the praise, now for the shitfest
1. Sekuro torture scene was very unnecessary - I get the point was to break down Seizaki but wtf , I pretty sure he was already more than a little traumatized by seeing his friend off himself and so many others in the task force . That scene was nothing more than shock value , to its credit, the transition between the innocent family making lunch and sekuro getting mauled was disturbing. I’m not sure if that scene was originally the the Source material but if it was , that still was excessive
2. Magase herself- idc ,nothing the story does or says through flashbacks or backstory can ever make her redeemable or understandable. She is just a disturbed women . This is not inherently something bad to everyone, it’s just a bad point to me to add a edgelord who gets off torturing people.On a side note , why does she have more favorites than the women she tortured on MAL?
3. Contradicting story - earlier we see the post operation interrogation, we can clearly see the officer interrogating Seizaki. There it was established that most of the police force clearly do not believe the existence of magase. A second later we see a stream of magase torturing sekuro, if seizaki is not on the case in the next episode with half of the police force after having very incriminating evidence of magase existence and her torturing a women working for the police, well it just proves further that torture scene was only for shock value because what police department will stand by after a blatant murder of a women in their own industry
ProtoNeroNov 19, 2019 9:07 PM
Nov 19, 2019 5:37 PM

Jul 2013
This episode was one of the best directed anime episodes I've ever watched.

I still can't understand how they don't feel threatened by having a sociopath going around and how Seizaki did not went to his home as fast as he could but this... This was pure gold.

This was more like a climax to me than a season middle break.
Gotta update this soon™
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Babylon Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 27, 2020

445 by Lexe »»
Sep 12, 3:44 AM

» AI Magase and Ryo (from devilman crybaby) [SPOILERS]

CONQUERT - Jul 12

2 by itzswxzy »»
Jul 12, 7:30 PM

Poll: » Babylon Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 20, 2020

118 by GreenTeaRabbit »»
Apr 7, 1:25 AM

Poll: » Babylon Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 6, 2019

157 by madstar345 »»
Mar 16, 10:53 AM

Poll: » Babylon Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 6, 2020

98 by VanniePon »»
Feb 16, 6:47 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.