Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Quintessential Quintuplets
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Mar 29, 2019 6:49 AM
Mar 2019
The Girl That Futaro Married Its Obviously Miku.Why I Say That Because The Bride Hair Colour Was a Similarities To Miku.Therefore Its Miku
Mar 29, 2019 6:59 AM

May 2013
Supersky said:
Omnicloudx13 said:

They're all the brides, why do you think there were so many wedding dresses there?

honestly, that's why I also believe it's a harem ending. I mean, why would one person need that many dresses in the first place? I'm pretty sure the author is teasing that there's only one winner but in the end it'll be a harem ending. And honestly, I have no problem with that

That is one of the possibilities, but with what the anime has shown us why would there be only be one girl on the wedding if everyone is marrying Futaro. All of them should show up.
Their family is also very rich buying 11 wedding dresses is no big deal.
Mar 29, 2019 8:03 AM
Mar 2019
This might end up like nisekoi's ending.
Mar 29, 2019 8:03 AM
Aug 2017
Haruko_Miya said:
So in the end he never chose anyone? im confused as all hell about that last episode.
Its not finished. The manga is ongoing.
Mar 29, 2019 8:11 AM

Aug 2014
Parhelion said:
Haruko_Miya said:
So in the end he never chose anyone? im confused as all hell about that last episode.
Its not finished. The manga is ongoing.

Makes sense i suppose.
Mar 29, 2019 10:00 AM
Jan 2016
Nice eps hahaha, I'm really excited to see the conclusion but I'm still confused who is the girl that'll be Futaro's wife. The last scene give me soo much hint but I'm still confused hahaha. Happy to see the quintuplets growing a nice relationship with Futaro, especially Itsuki and Nino, but yeah I'm still really curious about the bride...great show, 9/10.
Mar 29, 2019 10:29 AM

Feb 2012
This one's really well done. I'm Itsuki is a bait and switch with Miku. They're making us think that Itsuki is 'the one' but Miku is the true love interest.

I really enjoyed this series. I started out a bit overwhelmed and was considering dropping it. Once the series got going and the character interactions became more detailed, it really came together.

Very happy with this one and I hope to see a season 2 soon.
Mar 29, 2019 11:04 AM
🐰KawaiiDaikaiju🐲

Nov 2017
Yotsuba laughing face down in the snow struck me as such an Azumanga Daioh “Osaka” moment. Loved it 😄
“SAITO! YOU NEED TO EXPLODE! FOR THE WORLD’S SAKE!”
Mar 29, 2019 11:16 AM

Nov 2014
Pretty nice ending. Open ending feels much better when we know that eventually there will be some end and all girls (imo) are good choices.
Overall I have very mixed feeling about this anime. For a harem, it had quite interesting protagonist and generally felt fresh. On the other hand, for the most part, it was just boring. Comedy wasn't good enough to make up for slow progress and characters didn't have carry it either.
Mar 29, 2019 11:36 AM

Dec 2009
And it ends on the same note it started. At the very least it didn't end on a complete cliffhanger like so many damn anime do these days, which is refreshing. We didn't get our answer of who was the bride, but that was to be expected, and that's fine. We didn't have any significant reasons to dislike any of them too much, and didn't get too much focus on one to make it too biased. All of them are nice, and if only there wasn't need for monogamous competition...
❀桜舞う空〜                   Cute is Power.           🔗CosmoGenesis Project
“You cannot know what you do not know.”
“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”
“A truth seeker has no patience for BS.”

I seek only to improve myself and others.
Mar 29, 2019 11:49 AM

Dec 2014
ok wow the finale with the ending...I thought the bride was miku...but will now read the manga to know for sure...gonna miss this series
Mar 29, 2019 11:53 AM
Jan 2011
ibraheem234 said:
ok wow the finale with the ending...I thought the bride was miku...but will now read the manga to know for sure...gonna miss this series

That wasn't the ending.Just chapter 32.
Mar 29, 2019 11:57 AM

Oct 2008
hmmm who did Fuutarou marry? i think none of the quintup cuz maybe she's a look a like of the quintup? lolz
5/5.
8/10.
manga still on going so we don't know
Miku in the center of the 5 so she best girl lol

Mar 29, 2019 12:18 PM

Dec 2014
xsilicon9 said:
ibraheem234 said:

That wasn't the ending.Just chapter 32.

I know that...but nice way to end on that note was all I was saying
Mar 29, 2019 1:22 PM

Apr 2018
Finally the last episode of the first season. It's a 6/10 for me.
The scenes were enjoyable, especially the wedding part and the last one with Futaro's recovery.

I really enjoyed all the episodes, the story was easy to follow and every girl's archetypes was great to explore, that's why it makes me wait for the next episode every time.

Unfortunately, the quality of the animation wasn't really consistent overall and most of the part that could have blown my mind weren't that great because of that.
I didn't read the manga, but from what I saw about the reader comments, the adaptation is pretty bad.

In my opinion, some things are missing to make this anime a better adaptation. Like a better direction for example. In this episode, the part they're all in the room with Futaro is weird because we don't get that the room is in complete darkness.
Another thing that comes to my mind is the girls hair color who is a bit disturbing while they should be identical. I get that it's for a better understanding but I would have really liked a scene about the fact that it's Futaro seeing their hair this way because he knows how to differentiate them.

Too bad, maybe it's a very promising and involving serie but that season did not convince me to rush to the manga.
But if there is a second season one day, I will glady watch it.

あんた馬鹿?
Mar 29, 2019 1:28 PM
Aug 2016
Who's the brideeeeee ???????????
Mar 29, 2019 1:59 PM

May 2018

Oh great they made us think that it'll end with this.

And in they end they flip flop and end it with this
Mar 29, 2019 2:00 PM

Mar 2017
It's Miku, even if it's not, I'll just assume it's Miku, I don't care anymore.

But Nino's character become more interesting in the manga, so I wouldn't mind her being the bride.
Mar 29, 2019 2:29 PM
Feb 2016
Mullerio said:
Animation is lacking as always but seeing this animated made me even more hopeful that we will get a Harem ending...(even though if its a "normal" and its satisfying i dont have a problem with it)

Not as good as the Manga but still not a complete messy adaptation 6/10

Read the Manga

If you want to see a messy adaptation, look at what they've done with Domestic. They rushed 20 chapters in a single episode and nearly everything else that was suppose to be important for development was skipped.
Mar 29, 2019 2:55 PM

Nov 2017
I don't know,I thought the adaption wasn't too bad,tbh,I wasn't looking for much from this series,but damn,it was quite good.One of the best rom-com I've seen for awhile.And I'm certain it was Miku in the dress at the wedding,just going off her hair colour,and my own certainty that it was Miku,and should be Miku,and damn,I wish it was Miku :)
Overall I thoroughly enjoyed this,and having just binged the manga too,I hope this gets another season or something.Probably not,but I don't really care,I have Pics of Miku :)
Mar 29, 2019 3:00 PM

Sep 2018
Supersky said:
Mullerio said:
Animation is lacking as always but seeing this animated made me even more hopeful that we will get a Harem ending...(even though if its a "normal" and its satisfying i dont have a problem with it)

Not as good as the Manga but still not a complete messy adaptation 6/10

Read the Manga

If you want to see a messy adaptation, look at what they've done with Domestic. They rushed 20 chapters in a single episode and nearly everything else that was suppose to be important for development was skipped.

Gotoubun no Hanayome was just one of the worst animated series that ive watched this Season but it terms of writing they skipped nothing.....and yea even though i only watched Domestic because i like trash the Manga is far surpiror to the Anime and i actually got somewhat "invested" while reading the manga because it actually develops its side Charcters in some way
Mar 29, 2019 3:11 PM

Feb 2019
It's over—what a ride!

I started out as Team Itsuki. Then I became Team Miku. And by the end, both Nino and Ichika came into play and I can't decide which I hope he ended up with, lol.

I enjoyed this show and I hope there's a second season.

(Yotsuba is transcended above them all due to being the goofiest)
Mar 29, 2019 3:11 PM

Nov 2011
NakedSnake113 said:
SoraSenpai said:
I talked to the Author personally.
It's gonna be Miku.

Okay not really but it should be. Because in every Harem anime I have watched BESIDES SHUFFLE the girl I want to win doesn't win. And so far 100% of the time it has been the main girl.

However I think this series will take a different route and go with Nino. Even though Miku has been with Futaro since the beginning.

Lol. I remember that you didn't really like Nino last week XD You have read manga after our suggest right? XD
Im reading the manga now. Im only one chapter in after the anime ended.

Mod Edit: Added spoiler tags; please hide plot details.
DeadlyRavenApr 3, 2019 7:45 PM
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Mar 29, 2019 3:57 PM

Jan 2015
I want nothing more than for it to be Miku... But, I was actually happier that it was left ambiguous and open to interpretation. At least, for now. That way, everybody’s favorite gets to be the bride. And, whichever one she was, she looked beautiful.
~ sXeblues - Reviews on Youtube ~
Mar 29, 2019 4:21 PM
Dec 2018
So, can someone tldr me and explain me who is the bride?
And is this anime getting any more seasons or it will be a manga only?
Mar 29, 2019 4:32 PM

May 2016
If/when S2 gets made, I hope they upgrade the animation, ala Oregairu.....
"Genki is Life, Genki is Love"
Mar 29, 2019 4:56 PM
Feb 2009
noooo I'm really going to miss this show hopefully we get a season 2 or 3 I hope he marries them all cause we didn't see the others in the wedding scene T.T
Mar 29, 2019 5:37 PM
Feb 2016
tywhoppity said:
If/when S2 gets made, I hope they upgrade the animation, ala Oregairu.....

Studio Shaft doing season 2 would be amazing, since they animated episode 11 and that looked great. Or at least give the current studio a better schedule and extend the deadline instead of rushing it
Mar 29, 2019 8:28 PM
Jan 2017
maa,, its finally end with the unclear story making me wondering who the fuck is that girl that married with uesugi,, nino? itsuki or Miku?

the anime has good animation im very enjoying the story and the cuteness of the chara,, but still the ending is confusing and the plot not that interesting,,
7/10
Mar 29, 2019 10:13 PM

Jun 2015
damn what an ending, that bride could literally be anyone. older raiha is adorable though, glad her hair wasn't kept as whatever the hell she had when she was younger.
i'll probably go on to read the manga if there isn't a season 2, but i'll be a little mad if it isn't miku or ichika. this is one of the better harems so far though.
Mar 30, 2019 3:02 AM
Jan 2019
Two big points need to be revealed.. lol
Who was his childhood friend from all five
And who is his bride also
Cant wait to know
Good harem anime overall.. i enjoyed it
8/10
Mar 30, 2019 3:30 AM
Nov 2017
Marcos_Aspira said:
So we had the wedding but no closure to whom he married... meh, hope it gets S2 anyway.

Just based off her mannerisms, i’m about 95% sure it’s Miko especially since she always has been shy and u can see the bride do the same things. The 5% is only bc the author might just want us to think that. Who knows maybe this can end like the harem plan from to love ru and he just marries one but all stay with him since they all make up one.
Mar 30, 2019 4:26 AM
Mar 2017
Crashmatt said:
Graymanes said:
Guys i have an idea how this harem ending will be here is what im thinking
The bride in the end might be one of the sisters yet the other sisters probably still at changing room and maybe they're waiting for their turns to entered the groom hall i think that might the harem end that will be happened.

Your really reaching with that one. I'd be very disappointed if it went that route

Why would you be dissapointed if it ends with that harem route? Some peoples here seems to be expecting it will become harem routes.i wouldnt mind if end with that route
Mar 30, 2019 4:31 AM

Jan 2019
Well that was a really good closers for a good series. Am hopping for S2. Overall a 9 from me.
Mar 30, 2019 4:47 AM

Feb 2015
Graymanes said:
Crashmatt said:

Your really reaching with that one. I'd be very disappointed if it went that route

Why would you be dissapointed if it ends with that harem route? Some peoples here seems to be expecting it will become harem routes.i wouldnt mind if end with that route

As I've said before the whole hook of the show is that he Marry's one girl. It's literally the whole point. Harem route would seem a massive cop out by the author and totally not needed. Very few shows pull off a harem end well so is hope it avoids it.
Mar 30, 2019 5:07 AM

Oct 2013
I guess an orgy was too much to ask for...
Mar 30, 2019 5:24 AM
Jan 2018
My theory: Uesugi is not going to end up with one of them but all of them. It will turn out that the quintuplets father is actually a mad scientist (so cool) focused on the fusion of living beings. In the finale he will fuse the quintuplets togheter turning them in to a singe mega-quintuplet which Uesugi will then marry. This is why Uesugis wife doesn't have the sam haircolor as any of the quintuplets, why the father kind of opposes the marrige (he doesn't want to see his creation go) and why none of the quintuplets can be seen in any of the flashforwards. If this does not happen I will be both suprised and dissapointed.
Edit: Also remeber that the legend says that the people holdibg hands at the end of the dance will be togheter forever. Meaning that Uesugi is supposed to be with all of the quintuplets forever. Also also as a manga reader I can say that this theory is only strengthened by the manga.
Mar 30, 2019 6:59 AM

Dec 2016
After my hopes have raised up and I've given the show 9/10, this last episode comes and disappoints me.
The manga is continuous and they showed us the marriage scene. I don't know if this episode is filler or not. But, I hope there will be a second season or I'll continue reading the manga.
My score decreased to 8/10 because I really liked this show.
Mar 30, 2019 8:18 AM

Nov 2010
This adaptation didn't really capture the greatness of the original source, but I guess it was decent. 7/10
Mar 30, 2019 9:25 AM

May 2015
A fairly good adaptation hindered by poor and several inconsistencies in the production values (excluding VA work). I wasn’t also a fan of the overall directing (shot compositions, etc) either.... other than the first half of episode 11.

Decent finale though. If a second season ever gets announced, I’ll watch it as well.

6/10

We ultimately fear what spawns from within us ~Shinsekai yori
Music is freedom. ~Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso
Mar 30, 2019 11:51 AM

Mar 2017
I'll be happy if that bride was either Nino or Miku.
A good last episode.
I enjoyed this show overall. Story gets more interesting later in the manga. I'd like to see that getting adapted too someday.
Mar 30, 2019 7:56 PM

Oct 2013
Maybe I've raised my expectations too high, esp hearing how the manga's doing, but I'm pretty disappointed with how they decided to close things out here. I was at the very least expecting Miku and/or Ichika to confess to Futaro and for him to AT LEAST show some romantic attraction in one of them, since they're the only ones that even lit' the spark with him to warrant considering it.

It had it's fun moments but it was very weak on the romance part, and a pretty lackluster final ep - was hoping for a campfire dance. That being said, it's fine if you look at it as a standard harem,romcom, my bad for expecting more.
Mar 30, 2019 9:07 PM

Jan 2013
What an episode! Can't believe it ended like this! Still, what a great episode!
I'm really glad that i watched this anime, it's been a while since i enjoyed this much a romantic anime, especially with this interesting plot.

Goooo Miku!!! Can't believe she finally said it!!
One of the best moments for sure!

Even more!

woowowow! What a scene xD Who would have thought huh? ;)

What a beautiful scene! I was a little worried that Ituski could be the only one to hold his hand but this scene...so good!

I wasn't the biggest fan of the wedding scene because it felt a little obvious? But i really hope i am wrong and this is just to confuse us all! Because of that scene where we can see multiple wedding dresses, so i really hope i am wrong xD

Honestly, i really loved this show! It had such a unique vibe, and it was so refreshingly good!
I'm not sure yet but 8-9/10! And i really hope there will be a 2S!
I will miss this! <3

P.S - 100% me xD
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Mar 30, 2019 11:30 PM

Jun 2008
This anime is absolutely FILLED with cliches.

Like, all of them are here from your typical Harem anime.

However...I don’t judge anime solely on that stuff, and to my surprise this anime was quite enjoyable.

I too am hoping for a season 2.

8/10

Mar 31, 2019 4:43 AM
Aug 2015
--ALEX-- said:

However...I don’t judge anime solely on that stuff, and to my surprise this anime was quite enjoyable.

8/10

Maybe you should read manga before it XD I can't spoil but author gave middle finger to some stupid typical harem rom-com trope in many chapters.
Mar 31, 2019 5:10 AM

Nov 2009
This anime made me eargasm with it's VA casting... now i'm going to read the manga... :)
If you just did nothing because you thought it wouldn't help, then you'd end up doing less than nothing; for nothing would change and nothing would end. (Kira Yamato - Gundam Seed Phase 34: Seen & Unseen)
Mar 31, 2019 5:17 AM
Mar 2019
My opinion only, I think its Nino,although this is just a conclusion that got, because Nino liked the guy on the picture of Fuutaro when he was a kid,and maybe the girl beside Fuutaro in the pic was Nino,and then maybe later on in the manga they will find out about the pic,which gives a power boost to the girl on the pic because shes the reason why Fuutaro changed.(I did not read the manga yet,can you please tell me what chapter the anime stopped hehe thank youu)
Mar 31, 2019 6:33 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Big_Boss_13 said:
--ALEX-- said:

8/10

Maybe you should read manga before it XD I can't spoil but author gave middle finger to some stupid typical harem rom-com trope in many chapters.

Indeed. But we haven't gotten to the part of the story where that happens yet, so I can see why he writes that. He has yet to witness the
in action
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Mar 31, 2019 9:07 AM
Jan 2019
And so goes another of my favorite animes of the season: '). I got excited and laughed a lot with each chapter. It's a very funny series 😁. I loved each character ❤.
Regarding the end, I hope it is not ... I need a second season 😁.
But I think it's more than clear that the girlfriend was Miku. Oh maybe I'm wrong, after all, they're quintuplets 😅. I will not be satisfied until Futaro says the name of the bride, tells Nino that he is Kintaro and reveal which of the quintuplets is the one that appears next to Futaro in the photograph.
I would like to laugh even more with this anime, so I will have my hopes for a second season 😁❤.
This anime has a score, on my part, well deserved 8/10.

"It's thanks to them that those bittersweet memories seem so happy to me"

"The first step is always the hardest."
Mar 31, 2019 3:00 PM

Nov 2018
Well, this was an anime I didn't expect to get back into. But I did, and I didn't regret it. Was pretty enjoyable and I say yes for S2 because why not.
OrangeCloudsMar 31, 2019 3:10 PM
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Itsuki the best girl in Quintuplets MAL?

Rainme - May 19

46 by MeguSae38 »»
May 30, 5:44 AM

Poll: » Gotoubun no Hanayome Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2019

106 by Meriurin »»
May 25, 2:42 PM

Poll: » Gotoubun no Hanayome Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 28, 2019

194 by Meriurin »»
May 24, 4:08 PM

Poll: » Gotoubun no Hanayome Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 14, 2019

121 by Meriurin »»
May 23, 3:50 PM

Poll: » Gotoubun no Hanayome Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 31, 2019

113 by Meriurin »»
May 23, 11:53 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.