Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

One punch man season 2 vs Attack on titan season 3 part 2 - Which will be the best spring anime?

New
Best spring anime?
Attack on titan season 3 part 2
81.7%
One punch man season 2
18.3%
600 votes
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Apr 2, 2019 1:15 AM

Apr 2013
Every AoT season so far was a 10/10 for me, while OPM season 1 was "only" an 8/10. So for me it's quite obvious.
Apr 2, 2019 5:08 AM

Jun 2016
Nurguburu said:
Popularity ≠ quality.
Generally speaking YES, but AOT and OPM are popular because of their quality :)
Apr 6, 2019 2:59 AM

Oct 2013
Neither.

This season is honestly gonna suck, at least we still have Dororo and JoJo.
Apr 6, 2019 3:14 AM

Mar 2018
None. Kimetsu no Yaiba is my pick.
Apr 6, 2019 5:10 AM

Jun 2017
jojo, atleast im my heart

Apr 6, 2019 7:34 AM

Aug 2015
neither of them, why is there only opm and aot. it will probably be between fruits basket remake and kimetsu no yabia if you don't include the ongoing shows.
edit: i didn't mention carole and tuesday but that too.
ZephennApr 6, 2019 7:41 AM
Apr 6, 2019 7:36 AM

Aug 2015
Ethicalll said:
Nurguburu said:
Popularity ≠ quality.
Generally speaking YES, but AOT and OPM are popular because of their quality :)

And this season of opm is probably gonna be considerably lower quality. I suggest you to watch the pv's.
Apr 8, 2019 10:26 AM
Apr 2019
Not even a question.
Shiganshina arc will be SO epic, people aren't ready. Plus the adaptation will be beyond perfection.
While OPMS2's trailer was trash, even if the Supa faito arc is great and of course the MB-Garoh fight as well, sadly we're not going to get what we were waiting for...
Apr 8, 2019 10:47 AM
Jul 2017
Neither, most likely.
Apr 8, 2019 1:20 PM
May 2017
Zephenn said:
neither of them, why is there only opm and aot. it will probably be between fruits basket remake and kimetsu no yabia if you don't include the ongoing shows.

Fruits basket is trash, i watched the original, nothing special!! Carol & Tuesday is a better pick
Apr 8, 2019 10:55 PM
Aug 2017
Kimetsu no Yaiba will be the best anime of spring
Apr 8, 2019 11:09 PM
Apr 2016
having read both manga, I would say AoT will be better, even if OPM have animation as good as ss1. the MA arc will probably be comparable but we won't have that on the 2nd season. but "best spring anime"? idk much about other anime of this season to talk about that
Apr 8, 2019 11:58 PM

May 2016
Bungou Stray Dogs S3 :P
Apr 9, 2019 12:24 AM
Oct 2017
swirlydragon said:
Isekai quartet of course.

A man of culture I see
Apr 9, 2019 2:21 AM
Feb 2016
Ehh??? Wheres Kimetsu no Yaiba?? Good ost and animation and also a strong starting episode...
Apr 9, 2019 9:00 AM
Feb 2018
PhantomTheGhost said:
Kimetsu no Yaiba will be the best anime of spring

I’ll side with that as well, the other contender would be bungou stray dogs
Apr 9, 2019 9:06 AM
May 2018
Obviously AOT S2 part 3 is going to be the best. In terms of plot, AOT destroys any anime in this decade. In terms of animation I can admit Mob is the best directed, not only this year. But I think OPM is only great because of the action/comedy it has, also the animation was a big part of it. But your question is not even good I guess, Yakosoku no Neverland, Mob Psycho, Dororo, Boku no Hero, Bungou Stray Dogs, Haikyuu and SNK are by far greater than OPM.
Apr 9, 2019 9:09 AM

Aug 2017
Cycli said:
Obviously AOT S2 part 3 is going to be the best. In terms of plot, AOT destroys any anime in this decade. In terms of animation I can admit Mob is the best directed, not only this year. But I think OPM is only great because of the action/comedy it has, also the animation was a big part of it. But your question is not even good I guess, Yakosoku no Neverland, Mob Psycho, Dororo, Boku no Hero, Bungou Stray Dogs, Haikyuu and SNK are by far greater than OPM.

>In terms of plot, AOT destroys any anime in this decade.

WTF! Steins;Gate, Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica, Ping Pong The Animation, Shinsekai Yori.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Apr 9, 2019 9:47 AM

Jun 2015
You know there are more anime each season than just the few popular sequels, right? I'm putting my money on Sarazanmai and Carole & Tuesday.

πŸ’– 𝐼'𝓂 π’½π’Άπ“Žπ’Ήπ‘’π“ƒβ£ πŸ’–

⋆ Λšο½‘β‹†ΰ­¨ΰ­§Λš πŸ’ π’―π“Œπ’Ύπ“‰π“‰π‘’π“‡ πŸ’ π’΄π‘œπ“Šπ’―π“Šπ’·π‘’ πŸ’ Λšΰ­¨ΰ­§β‹†ο½‘Λš ⋆
πŸ’ π‘€π“ŽπΉπ’Ύπ‘”π“Šπ“‡π‘’π’žπ‘œπ“π“π‘’π’Έπ“‰π’Ύπ‘œπ“ƒ πŸ’
Apr 9, 2019 9:48 AM
Mar 2016
Edylson said:
Zephenn said:

Fruits basket is trash, i watched the original, nothing special!! Carol & Tuesday is a better pick

Tbh, I have neither seen the original Fruits Basket anime nor read the manga. But from what I've heard, the original anime barely followed the manga at all and had an anime original ending. Plus, it was done by Studio Deen who at least from my experience are among the worse studios. Also the original anime has a score of 7.77 on MAL while the manga had an 8.49. On top of that, bad anime adaptations of high rated source materials tend to be overrated on MAL.

This adaptation will follow the manga and the manga is supposed to be way better than the original anime. Again, can't comment on it since I haven't read or watched both of them. Just wanted to point it out.
Apr 9, 2019 10:42 AM
Aug 2017
Nurguburu said:
Cycli said:

WTF! Steins;Gate, Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica, Ping Pong The Animation, Shinsekai Yori.

It’s crazy how these guys suck off AoT like it’s the magma-opus of storytelling. When it’s pretty basic. Granted the manga is amazing but it’s story telling isn’t the best this decade not even top 20..
Apr 9, 2019 1:37 PM

Dec 2015
SNK 3 pt 2 is not only the favorite of this season, but it will most likely be the AOTY (yes, even with Mob Psycho II being that good, SNK has the potential of being better). Specially since Season 1 and 2 were the AOTY in 2013 and 2017 (1st part of Season 3 unfortunately was disappointing)
Apr 9, 2019 2:42 PM
Aug 2018
Dororo is still ongoing and is my contender for aoty
Just between aot and opm tho definitelyyy aot, im kinda scared to start opm s2 myself
Apr 9, 2019 3:41 PM

Feb 2019
None of them, the best anime will be the least expected.
Apr 9, 2019 3:51 PM

Oct 2018
Jojo's bizarre adventure golden wind still have the best animation for fights so far in my opinion, really love how faithful they are to this series. But in all serious topic neither most likely.
Ri22rkApr 9, 2019 4:24 PM
Apr 9, 2019 4:17 PM
Mar 2018
PhantomTheGhost said:
Nurguburu said:

It’s crazy how these guys suck off AoT like it’s the magma-opus of storytelling. When it’s pretty basic. Granted the manga is amazing but it’s story telling isn’t the best this decade not even top 20..

I would argue its storytelling and impact are up there with Madoka and Steins Gate is a series structured for a specific purpose and that is rare in anime today specially a long running super popular series.
Apr 9, 2019 4:34 PM

Oct 2013
If everything people say about AoT Season 3 Part 2 is true, then it's possible that this anime will be the best of spring 2019. I haven't read its manga, but those who did say there is a lot of epic and crazy stuff to be seen in anime adaptation. What's more, gossips say the quality of Season 3's last episodes will be higher than Part 1's (while it was very high already), because from what I heard the main reason for dividing this season into two cours was to get the creators more time to polish last episodes.

Personally, I root for OPM Season 2. I'm just more interested in it. AoT hype is still real if you ask me, but I'm more curious about Saitama's new adventures.
✨Saint Seiya Club🌠
Apr 9, 2019 5:34 PM
Jun 2015
The only way either of those are the best this spring is if they are the only ones people watch.

But, if that is your thing, then I would say don't keep your hopes up for OPM. JC Staff has had a horrid recent track record of anime sequels, and this seems like it won't fair much better.
Apr 9, 2019 5:37 PM

Oct 2013
Sisyphusson66 said:
The only way either of those are the best this spring is if they are the only ones people watch.

But, if that is your thing, then I would say don't keep your hopes up for OPM. JC Staff has had a horrid recent track record of anime sequels, and this seems like it won't fair much better.

The spring season really looks dead tbh, I could understand this comment if opm and snk where airing in the winter season, where a lot of hype/good shows were airing, but this season looks dull, the only series I'm hearing people talking positively about is Kimetsu no Yaiba.

Is there anything else that you consider a watch?
Apr 9, 2019 6:02 PM
Jun 2015
keragamming said:
Sisyphusson66 said:

The spring season really looks dead tbh, I could understand this comment if opm and snk where airing in the winter season, where a lot of hype/good shows were airing, but this season looks dull, the only series I'm hearing people talking positively about is Kimetsu no Yaiba.

Is there anything else that you consider a watch?

You are correct that this season seems like a wasteland compared to other seasons, but there are still some that really ought to be/will be great. You already mentioned Kimetsu no Yaiba. Dororo is also continuing this season. Fruits Basket, while part of a genre not to some peoples tastes, looks to be a loving, well developed adaptation of a completed source material. And I would add Carole & Tuesday, which I am intrigued by because of the studio and the names behind it.

Of course AOT will be good by its standards, but that is because people are already invested in it before even seeing a single frame, and its seasons have been consistent. Same could be said for OPM, if it wasn't handled by JC Staff.
Apr 9, 2019 6:27 PM
Go read Medalist
Apr 2007
iyeraditya560 said:
Guys which will be the best spring anime

My bets are on Sarazanmai.
Apr 9, 2019 7:45 PM

Nov 2017
None of them. The answer is Diamond no Ace Act II by Madhouse.
Apr 10, 2019 1:43 AM
Jun 2017
To those who have picked OPM s2, well that 1st episode is for you. After airing that one, some anime youtube reviewers have already given up the idea that it could be even a candidate for AOTS moreover the AOTY. They even said many just overhype or expected so much that it leads up to this point.
Apr 10, 2019 7:38 AM
May 2018
Nurguburu said:
Cycli said:

Sorry, I haven’t watched Steins Gate yet. I said that AOT has the best plot in terms of the manga. The upcoming arcs are going to be great. I’m just hoping they can actually make it as impactful as in the manga.
Apr 10, 2019 9:25 AM

Jul 2014
Thread locked for being a random X vs Y thread.

Anime Discussion Rules 2: Please refrain from creating threads that do not encourage discussion; e.g. random "xx vs. yy", picture collecting, simple listing, etc.
Take care of yourself

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Punch Man 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 2, 2019

395 by RGreatDanton »»
Aug 21, 4:45 PM

Poll: » One Punch Man 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

xShinigami3125 - Jun 25, 2019

204 by Jiborjas »»
Jul 22, 8:23 PM

Poll: » One Punch Man 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 18, 2019

204 by Jiborjas »»
Jul 22, 7:58 PM

Poll: » One Punch Man 2nd Season Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 11, 2019

188 by Jiborjas »»
Jul 22, 7:27 PM

Poll: » One Punch Man 2nd Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - May 28, 2019

237 by Jiborjas »»
Jul 22, 9:25 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.