Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jan 28, 2018 8:19 AM

Apr 2012
So the anime only has 3 episodes and it only has a 6.67 average score.
Why are people scoring this just by 2-3 episodes? It seems promising and we haven't' seen anything yet. This isn't coming from a fanboy just from someone who finds it highly illogical to trash this anime from 2 episodes and rate others with a 9 or a 10 by the same number of episodes.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jan 28, 2018 8:21 AM

Apr 2016
It's just another battle harem light novel adaptation.
Jan 28, 2018 8:23 AM

Apr 2012
Swagernator said:
It's just another battle harem light novel adaptation.
It's not a harem. What exactly makes this a harem???
Jan 28, 2018 8:28 AM

Feb 2013
I reckon because the first two episodes were very ordinary at first glance. Should improve in the next few episodes!
My Projects: animeforums.netazumi.moe (anime girls screenshot gallery)
Jan 28, 2018 8:31 AM

Apr 2012
Optic14 said:
I reckon because the first two episodes were very ordinary at first glance. Should improve in the next few episodes!
I hope you're right fam. I Kind of feel GC haters are shitting on this one because redjuice is on the project. A lot of hate because of the studio too, talk about not giving a show a chance :/
Jan 28, 2018 8:48 AM

Oct 2013
Just look the episode 3.

MC with 0 personality, cliché and who already consider the robot part of his "kazoku" after only 3 days even if he probably stole it, he don't care AT ALL.
The fanservice robot program, lap pillow hugging & co. Check.
The dumb useless sister character. Check.
The robot who can't anticipate and doesn't react quickly to avoid an accident. Check.
The crazy obsessive bad guy cliché. Check.
The robot who watch 2 humans fight and do nothing except watching. Check.
The psychopath emotional MC robot who love fighting, and of course with red twintails. Check.
[...]

It's like a mix between Clockwork Planet and Comet Lucifer, SO BAD.
Jan 28, 2018 9:47 AM
Aug 2015
okay, question answered by titadou.
Jan 28, 2018 1:13 PM

Jul 2011
I LOLed on "This isn't coming from a fanboy" part. Sure :DD

You should rather wonder why it's so high scored? :D
Jan 28, 2018 1:19 PM
Nov 2016
Titadou said:
Just look the episode 3.

MC with 0 personality, cliché and who already consider the robot part of his "kazoku" after only 3 days even if he probably stole it, he don't care AT ALL.
The robot who can't anticipate and doesn't react quickly to avoid an accident. Check.
The psychopath emotional MC robot who love fighting, and of course with red twintails. Check.
[...]

by this logic almost all animes are trash nowadays, because all of them are full of cliches too
Jan 28, 2018 1:28 PM

Nov 2016
Think the score is fitting for now,it might increase once the pace picks up.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jan 28, 2018 2:17 PM

Feb 2014
I'm actually enjoying this anime in a weird way and I'd say the rating is appropriate.

Main things about it that are good so far are art, and... well, mainly art. The music has a nice electronic feel to it that I appreciate as well, but it's just par for the genre.

I wouldn't fault the show over originality or lack thereof--originality is a lost cause by default. In fact, I like things that aren't original. If I enjoyed one idea, I should enjoy more of it, no?

So no, all that's not the problem. The biggest problem is by far the characters.

Lacia is pretty much the main attraction, and she's unpredictable in a way that seems to only benefit the plot. Arato is a complete pushover (by his own admission!) and yet he'll spontaneously jump to dangerous actions without batting an eye, only to turn back into a wuss the next minute. Characters appear and disappear without explanation, and when it is explained--like Lacia's kidnapping--it's only told, not shown.

It's all extremely contrived, and the campy character dialog only makes it worse.

So why am I still enjoying the show? Simply put, because I can't wait to see what absurdity it's going to be up to next. I catch myself laughing at it more often than with it, but there's enough genuinely cool stuff going on to balance that out. Even if there ends up being some brilliant plot twist in the end (and there's some interesting theories out there) it won't change the fact that the execution early on is comical.
Jan 28, 2018 2:21 PM

Jan 2015
SageHarpuia said:
Titadou said:
Just look the episode 3.

[...]

by this logic almost all animes are trash nowadays, because all of them are full of cliches too

But those are usually enjoyable, this one isn't.

Imo, after the third ep I already want to drop the show. Pretty boring, the MC is bland, the lil sis annoying, and just seems meh over all. May give it another three eps
Jan 28, 2018 2:31 PM
Jan 2016
I have said this before many times & I will say it again, probably because some people so far are not enjoying it. Simple.
Jan 28, 2018 2:36 PM

Oct 2007
Because it is incredibly boring. Episode 2 took me like 2 hours to watch because I kept getting bored and pausing it to do other stuff.
Jan 28, 2018 2:46 PM

Mar 2016
It's simple, it's a slow start, I haven't read the novel but it would be nice to see it improving even after the first half.
Jan 28, 2018 3:14 PM

Apr 2012
nick_el_son said:
I LOLed on "This isn't coming from a fanboy" part. Sure :DD

You should rather wonder why it's so high scored? :D

How can somebody be a fanboy of something with only 3 episodes and with this kind of pacing? I hope this is bait
Jan 28, 2018 4:14 PM

Nov 2014
pao13071 said:
This isn't coming from a fanboy just from someone who finds it highly illogical to trash this anime from 2 episodes and rate others with a 9 or a 10 by the same number of episodes.

How is that illogical? If you can judge a show to be good in 2 episodes why couldn't you judge a show to be bad in 2 episodes?
We give a score to what we saw so far if it gets better we raise it and if it gets worse we lower it, the show, in 2 episodes delivered a 6.67 performance so that's the rating it has so far.
Jan 28, 2018 8:26 PM
Dec 2011
I understand if people say it's boring(so far), but something like this:
Titadou said:
Just look the episode 3.

[...]

>MC with 0 personality, cliché and who already consider the robot part of his "kazoku" after only 3 days even if he probably stole it, he don't care AT ALL.
It's more than 3 days.

>The fanservice robot program, lap pillow hugging & co. Check.
Someone tell me what's the problem with it?

>The dumb useless sister character. Check.
I agree with this one.

>The robot who can't anticipate and doesn't react quickly to avoid an accident. Check.
The show already shown(not told though) Lacia is intentionally getting kidnapped.

>The crazy obsessive bad guy cliché. Check.
Another non-issues.

>The robot who watch 2 humans fight and do nothing except watching. Check.
As above, she intentionally let MC fight to test him.

>The psychopath emotional MC robot who love fighting, and of course with red twintails. Check.
Another non-issues, by the way that's not even twintails.

Is perfect example of either not pay any attention of the show, or just randomly throw anything to trash talk it.
I'm not even bother the reply that dude said it's harem show, since that's complete bs.

Personally i think the score is fine actually, for MAL people's taste it's indeed boring and character is bland(think about it, Sagrada Reset had a stunning twist in later half yet still end up only 7.37, cause many people in MAL said it's boring and bland characters during early episode), but doesn't mean throwing bs to trash talk it is fine too.
D-JoeJan 28, 2018 8:36 PM
Jan 28, 2018 8:51 PM
Nov 2016
Fatal_Futanari said:
SageHarpuia said:

But those are usually enjoyable, this one isn't.

Imo, after the third ep I already want to drop the show. Pretty boring, the MC is bland, the lil sis annoying, and just seems meh over all. May give it another three eps

"The MC is bland"- I agree, he's as pretty much like all the other animes MC's: A skinny guy, cool-headed, almost every girl falls in love with him and the world seems to spin around him. No news, it is rare to find anime that does not have this kind of MC.

"annoyng sis"- I hate her too. I hopes she dies early.

"just seems meh over all"- No. At least I am interesting to know lacia(and other androids) intentions and I am wanting to see the development of the relationship between her and MC. The graphics is good too
SageHarpuiaJan 28, 2018 8:56 PM
Jan 28, 2018 10:20 PM
Mar 2017
In my opinion, Guilty Crown was horrible so I’m not going to compare it to that nor was I if I did like it, every anime should be taken into their own story and not called unoriginal just because it has similarities, as for GC I hated the pacing and I hated that pink haired girl (I forgot her name). as of now, I don’t really hate many character in Beatless but I do feel as if the pacing is really slow, hopefully it gets better as time goes by
SubduedComet94Jan 28, 2018 10:26 PM
Jan 29, 2018 12:26 AM

Jul 2011
SageHarpuia said:
Titadou said:
Just look the episode 3.

[...]

Yeap.
99% of yearly produced shows are trash af. Making a good anime is hard, so they are rare. That's how reality is.

And that's why producers put simple plot and cliche characters (easy to understand, easy to hook) and lots of fanservice in their shitty shows to attach as many fanboys as possible.
Is an easy way to get audience ($$) without really trying hard to make a good anime.
nick_el_sonJan 29, 2018 12:32 AM
Jan 29, 2018 4:54 AM
May 2015
It´s just really really really generic and every aspect of the story was used by a lot of anime before.
Some people might enjoy it, but many people have just seen to many of such anime and find them boring.
btw a 6.6 score is still above 5(Average) and therefore you could even say it´s way too high, because let´s be honest it´s an average show at most
Jan 29, 2018 5:06 AM
Dec 2011
killoff said:
It´s just really really really generic and every aspect of the story was used by a lot of anime before.
Some people might enjoy it, but many people have just seen to many of such anime and find them boring.
btw a 6.6 score is still above 5(Average) and therefore you could even say it´s way too high, because let´s be honest it´s an average show at most

By your means every serious-tone shows after Devilman should be scored 5.
Jan 29, 2018 6:13 AM

Jan 2013
pao13071 said:
Why are people scoring this just by 2-3 episodes? It seems promising and we haven't' seen anything yet. This isn't coming from a fanboy just from someone who finds it highly illogical to trash this anime from 2 episodes and rate others with a 9 or a 10 by the same number of episodes.
I think it's equally illogical to care this much about a rating of any number based on the first three episodes, don't you agree?
Jan 29, 2018 11:30 AM
May 2015
D-Joe said:
killoff said:

By your means every serious-tone shows after Devilman should be scored 5.

Not at all, I´m not saying that using know story elements is bad per se, but it´s a matter of execution.
Of course a show has an easier time to be intriguing if it features something never seen before.
I was just pointing out that the scoring here or in general is usually too high from what the scores describe.
A 5 means average, 10 is a masterpiece and so on, yet most shows are rated around 6-8, you will have a hard time finding anything below 4.
Jan 29, 2018 12:05 PM

Jul 2015
i would say that even this 6 rating is too high for this show... the story hardly makes any sense.. first of all.. the hEI are fucking robots.. how the hell can they show so many fking emotions.. a kuudere can act better as a robot than these hEI.. the red twintail girl is so much generic.. like every typical pyscho villian... the MC is bland as hell.... and from the opening we can easily predict that Lacia is a Ai sent by Endo father to protect the family.. this is the worst anime of the season...
Jan 29, 2018 12:28 PM

Jan 2014
Just give it some time and the score will slowly go back up. When it's finished it will probably be from a 7.10-7.50

I'm enjoying the show a lot now, and seeing it be 24 episodes really surprised me, since I would think it would get 12. Curious how the story will play out with a 2 cour count

It could easily become something amazing, but could easily became something bad. Time will tell
Jan 29, 2018 12:57 PM

Mar 2010
UkRs said:
i would say that even this 6 rating is too high for this show... the story hardly makes any sense.. first of all.. the hEI are fucking robots.. how the hell can they show so many fking emotions.. a kuudere can act better as a robot than these hEI.. the red twintail girl is so much generic.. like every typical pyscho villian... the MC is bland as hell.... and from the opening we can easily predict that Lacia is a Ai sent by Endo father to protect the family.. this is the worst anime of the season...

The ability of the robots to behave that convincingly human seems to be one of the key points of the story. Can't really complain that they are "too human" when the story is focusing on just how well they can convince biologicals that they are the same and human, even going so far as to call it "analog hacking". This term confused me since it doesn't really connect to what the term "hacking" really means, but that appears to be all that it really means.

Honestly, I'm intrigued by the possibilities in the story so far. I can't remember the last time I've seen a robot story where the robots were intended to be imperceptible from humans. Normally, there's some sort of man/machine Uncanny Valley effect in play, but I'm not really picking up on much of that here.

No direct mention of The Three Laws so far, so can't say that the Lacia series is actually special in that they are fully capable of willfully harming a human, but it's also a good possibility.
Jan 30, 2018 12:48 AM
Nov 2016
UkRs said:

What does not make sense in robots to act as humans? In the future it is very likely that mankind will develop robots with emotions or come close to human behavior, this is not absurd to happen.
Jan 30, 2018 10:50 AM

Apr 2012
DoctorWasabi said:
Just give it some time and the score will slowly go back up. When it's finished it will probably be from a 7.10-7.50

I'm enjoying the show a lot now and seeing it be 24 episodes really surprised me since I would think it would get 12. Curious how the story will play out with a 2 cour count

It could easily become something amazing, but could easily become something bad. Time will tell

Most logical post so far. Not ruling out the possibility of it being a fluke but at the same time giving it a chance.
Jan 31, 2018 12:51 AM

Aug 2013
If the show ends up being horrible I'll put the entirety of the blame on Diomedia and the staff they brought on for the show, seeing as how when it first came out the novel was critically acclaimed and won awards and shit.

Half of it is because Diomedia is just a mediocre studio in general. Had this novel been adapted by I.G. Madhouse, or KyoAni people would be calling it an AOTS contender.
Feb 1, 2018 4:18 PM

Apr 2012
Jonesy974 said:
If the show ends up being horrible I'll put the entirety of the blame on Diomedia and the staff they brought on for the show, seeing as how when it first came out the novel was critically acclaimed and won awards and shit.

Half of it is because Diomedia is just a mediocre studio in general. Had this novel been adapted by I.G. Madhouse, or KyoAni people would be calling it an AOTS contender.

The animation so far isn't that bad though, could be better but i ain't complaining
Feb 10, 2018 1:08 AM

Jan 2018
I don't really know why. I was kinda worried to try this anime at first because of the"low" ratings then I saw the genre and I think I should give it a try. For me, this anime isn't so bad after all and it has potential.
Feb 14, 2018 9:06 PM
Jul 2016
SageHarpuia said:
Titadou said:
Just look the episode 3.

[...]

Yes. Yes, most anime is bad nowadays. Light Novel Syndrome is causing terrible damage to the anime industry.

Imagine if all the time, money, and effort that went into these crappy, bland light novel adaptations went into something actually innovative and interesting? What if we got a Tomo-Chan adaptation? A Goblin-slayer adaptation? Ect.

Also, im sure you have a couple anime that you think were really good, but you think they should have had more time and effort put into them. For me, that would be Yuri on Ice. If the effort that went into these shows were instead spent on Yuri on Ice and shows like it, the industry would be in a much better place.

All of this wasted time, money and effort... it's honestly pretty sad.
Feb 14, 2018 9:52 PM

Jan 2017
pao13071 said:

I'm with ya on this. Personally, I have it as an 8/10. I enjoy the concept a lot, and I like the mc. But yes, this is another victim of undue low ratings on here.

Feb 16, 2018 3:01 AM

Oct 2014
pao13071 said:

The internet is never a logical place.
No, human society is never a logical place.

But facts are:
- People don't have time for things they find shit.
- People always judges everything based on their first impression. Even those who claim they don't do so, most of them are just pointing few single cases where they do change their mind. Most of the times they don't, most of the time their first impression sets out the tone for their general opinion about something.

Unfair? Yes. Illogical? Yes. It happens? Yes.
That's why this is a tough industry.
You can't really guess which one will work or which one will not.
You can only force people to keep seeing your stuff until they either love it or get sick of it.
(Basically is why this season the anime internet community is mostly dominated by Darling in the FranXX and Violet Evergarden.).

Ohporcupine said:

Yes. Yes, most anime is bad nowadays. Light Novel Syndrome is causing terrible damage to the anime industry.

Sorry, for me those light novels ain't so shit.
Sure there are shit ones, but there are also great ones.

I have my own reservation about those series you put as examples, but since I put none of them in my list, I think I will refrain from talking about them.
Feb 16, 2018 11:35 AM

Mar 2008
6 episodes so far and I really cant stand that MC. He is utterly bland with that girly gentle flower personality and basically contributes nothing to the main story. FFS, his contribution is basically contribution of girly feelings because rest of the characters are way more manlier than him!

Not to mention that main story is basically nonexistent because most of the episodes are focused around MCs bland personality with occasional main story pieces thrown in.

I am really trying to like it but it is getting harder and harder to go through the episodes cuz of blandness. I mean even now I am supposed to watch 6th episode which is fucking recap filler (seriously, recap episode after 5 episodes?!) but I stopped it to check fb and other sites and now I ended up here writing this because I wont be watching damn recap cuz I have long term memory that can easily remember what happens in 5 episodes without need to watch recap.

P.s. MCs sister is also so damn annoying and that doesnt make things any easier.
DeadhouseFeb 16, 2018 11:39 AM
Feb 16, 2018 11:55 AM

Dec 2017
Everyone rates based on how much they were impressed by it. If someone is simply done with people praising something, and they have high expectations of the show and when they watch it they think it's purely trash they'll give it a 1, and will never understand why some people like it. That's why I don't rate when I didn't finish one anime, because I may love the first episode but what do I do if the second one or the ending is trash? I just wait until I finish it. Simple.

This show's probably not really appealing for some people.
Feb 16, 2018 11:57 AM

Sep 2007
Because it is bad, that's it! =.="

Feb 16, 2018 3:06 PM
Feb 2018
It's MAL man. Ratings fluctuate during the season for any new anime (don't even get me started on how some animes make it to the top of the ranking board prior to their release). I wouldn't take any current season ratings to seriously until the anime is finish. Bigger sample size would give a better reflection of the actual rating.
Feb 16, 2018 3:41 PM

Mar 2016
Well, let's see:

• The whole premise appears ripped off from Clockwork Planet.

• There are some somewhat good parts, but a large chunk of it appears to be ripped off from Eve no Jikan (an excelent art show about robots and stuff). Some stuff is decent futurism even, and occasionally it even matters and it's done surprisingly well, which I can appreciate, but doesn't make the show.

• On the other hand, the show operates on anime logic going through the plot on the basis of clichés as often as not... correction, more often.

• The little sister is (for all her genki-ness) a very bland ripoff of Kamiigusa Misaki from Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo.

• It's hard for me to even mention the MC because he's just plain generic, at least he's not infuriating like Naoto from Clockwork Planet.

• The red haired tsundere doesn't really make much sense in anything she does, and the weird group of robots she's a part of looks like a type of generic annoyance that has ruined several shows for me.

• Yes, the studio wasn't very promising, given their track record, and how many of their shows grace my drop list.

• It's only good as brainless entertainment, maybe...
Feb 16, 2018 6:26 PM
Dec 2012
pao13071 said:

The rating is so low because there very stupid people in the community like U1111, Swagernator and Titadou in this very thread.
They don't really watch the show, they just look for some parts they can hate on. These people aren't anime fans, they are just jobless idiots with too much time in their life.
Feb 16, 2018 6:31 PM
Dec 2011
"The whole premise appears ripped off from Clockwork Planet."

Can you can Beatless author have time machine? since Beatless novel ended even before Clockwork Planet novel volume 1 release.
Also how the hell Kouka is tsundere?
D-JoeFeb 16, 2018 7:12 PM
Feb 16, 2018 7:04 PM
Dec 2012
D-Joe said:
"The whole premise appears ripped off from Clockwork Planet."

Can you can prove Beatless author have time machine? since Beatless novel ended even before Clockwork Planet novel volume 1 release.
Also how the hell Kouka is tsundere?

He just sees minor similarities between a new show and a show he has seen already and then calls it a rip-off. Don't take him seriously
Feb 16, 2018 8:50 PM

May 2010
Because its pretty shit/meh at best. Take this from someone who read the manga and the light novel.

Either way, I don't need to watch the entire series, or even 1/2 of it to tell if a series is going to be lackluster. This is pretty generic anyhow, so its not like it can wow me later on and improve its score from a 6 to an 8.
Feb 16, 2018 9:27 PM

Jul 2017
because the show is absolute garbage
Feb 16, 2018 10:28 PM

Jun 2012
It's insanely average.

Literally the only above average thing about this anime is the art.
Feb 16, 2018 11:16 PM

Oct 2015
Sasora said:
It's insanely average.

Literally the only above average thing about this anime is the art.
the art is shit as well. Might as well just look directly at redjuice's drawings than this crap because of how badly they adapted his art
Feb 17, 2018 6:45 AM

Aug 2012
Is curious, this is better than guilty crown (but still bad) and guilty crown has good score.
Feb 17, 2018 7:40 AM

Oct 2015
Mario_Isla said:
Is curious, this is better than guilty crown (but still bad) and guilty crown has good score.
better in sound,art, directing and overall quality as a whole. This is just going nowhere... both are shit in their own right
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Beatless Episode 16 Discussion

Stark700 - May 25, 2018

40 by DolFunDolphinVT »»
Aug 30, 1:48 AM

Poll: » Beatless Episode 15 Discussion

Stark700 - May 18, 2018

40 by DolFunDolphinVT »»
Aug 30, 1:47 AM

Poll: » Beatless Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 4, 2018

68 by DolFunDolphinVT »»
Aug 30, 1:46 AM

Poll: » Beatless Episode 13 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 27, 2018

36 by DolFunDolphinVT »»
Aug 30, 1:45 AM

Poll: » Beatless Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 13, 2018

42 by DolFunDolphinVT »»
Aug 30, 1:44 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.