Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Overlord (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Feb 13, 2018 11:44 AM

Apr 2009
Finally, a new story arc with Sebas too! So Brain is still alive...I thought he was rotting somewhere else bewailing his defeat (if you can call that a fight anyway) in the hands of old Shalltear.

Eight Fingers, Six Arms, huh...what's next? Extra limbs and appendages too? LOL
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Feb 13, 2018 11:48 AM

Aug 2014
HelpMeFindAnime said:
I wonder how nobody has mentioned this. The purity of your minds is astonishing... Wish I was the same, but i know too much... When Solution mentioned what the blonde woman had in terms of injury, I could see a deeper story to it...

She had Syphilis and two other such diseases. These are STDs or sexually transmited diseases. Had an anal fissure, and her two front teeth pulled out. Meaning that she was sexually abused and raped mercilessly by either that man or many more others. They raped her anally, so much that she had a fissure in her colon. Her two front teeth were pulled out so that she could be used for giving blowjobs by force, since there would be no teeth in the way... This is some fucking Dark Web kind of deal... To be honest, just thinking about what happened to her makes my stomach turn... Jesus Christ

It's pretty dark here's a quote to Sebas

Feb 13, 2018 11:50 AM

Jun 2017
Sebas' time to shine!
Tuares injuries tho...f*cked up
DRUGS ARE BAD, MKAYYY?
Feb 13, 2018 11:51 AM

Jun 2013

Lmao I thought that's Puri Puri Prisoner when they were showing the new guy like this.

Weakness is a sin!
Feb 13, 2018 11:56 AM
Feb 2017
Kuinshi said:
HelpMeFindAnime said:
I wonder how nobody has mentioned this. The purity of your minds is astonishing... Wish I was the same, but i know too much... When Solution mentioned what the blonde woman had in terms of injury, I could see a deeper story to it...

She had Syphilis and two other such diseases. These are STDs or sexually transmited diseases. Had an anal fissure, and her two front teeth pulled out. Meaning that she was sexually abused and raped mercilessly by either that man or many more others. They raped her anally, so much that she had a fissure in her colon. Her two front teeth were pulled out so that she could be used for giving blowjobs by force, since there would be no teeth in the way... This is some fucking Dark Web kind of deal... To be honest, just thinking about what happened to her makes my stomach turn... Jesus Christ

I wanted to watch Overlord... I didn't sign up for some Berzerk type shit... My poor soul
Feb 13, 2018 12:08 PM

Aug 2014
HelpMeFindAnime said:
Kuinshi said:

I wanted to watch Overlord... I didn't sign up for some Berzerk type shit... My poor soul

It's nice when they include eye openers not everything is sun shine and rainbows. It adds depth, it's not like something similar hasn't happened in reality as sad as it may be.

I mean we're just readers and watchers, they actually had to write it and draw it.
KuinshiFeb 13, 2018 12:12 PM
Feb 13, 2018 12:10 PM

Sep 2013
Sebas x Tsuare, sebas must have fallen in love, even making excuses for her.
Brain back with gazef, blue rose and 8 fingers drug plot also done.
It might seem pointless but overlord really needs to be viewed as a whole to appreciate it.
Feb 13, 2018 12:13 PM
Apr 2016
HelpMeFindAnime said:

You might be mentally damaged, but since it was irrelevant to the story, most of us simply noted "Oh another cruel human scum gang" and moved on to actual content. But you decided to show off your sick imagination and think up everything done to her? It is not us being "pure", its your mind being blighted. What you wrote is wrong on many, many levels. Seek help.
Re:formed
Feb 13, 2018 12:15 PM
Apr 2016
Xeogran said:

Lmao I thought that's Puri Puri Prisoner when they were showing the new guy like this.

Also the way they overuse those rainbow pseudo-male characters in every setting is now weighting on me. It suxx, lets be blunt.
Re:formed
Feb 13, 2018 12:15 PM
Mar 2017
I wonder how nobody has mentioned this. The purity of your minds is astonishing...

We all knew it, it was not necessary to say it ... it was not necessary ... :'c *hello darkness my old friend

I just step into our minds and let it go, it happened, it was in the past.
The most important thing is that Sebas can kill those who did that (I hope it happens)
FireCrauterFeb 13, 2018 12:20 PM
The question isn't "What anime do you like?" That is merely a list.
The question is "Why do you like it?" That tells a story. Your story.
Feb 13, 2018 12:18 PM
Trickster

Jun 2011
Boring episode. Sebas was quite the ladies man though. That girl was in such a terrible state, it's nice to see some kindness from this series every so often. I wonder what he'll use her for?

Then we got into some rando who I think was from last season, I can't even remember.

Those ninja girls were so cute.
Feb 13, 2018 12:31 PM

Dec 2010
FireCrauter said:
We all knew it, it was not necessary to say it ... it was not necessary ... :'c *hello darkness my old friend

^ This. Even if it was correct it was tasteless and moreover pretty obvious.

mrjames1026 said:
The hint is that the maid is eating her baby before Sebas comes back. So basically the maid eats her baby and make her body normal as it is.

Oh didn't notice this, thanks you for the explanation, Sebas interrupt Solution while she explain the diagnosis, as a non novel reader i surely miss lots of details.

But Sebas x Tuare is a great couple, i'm sure they will both get together. Touch Me justice will prevail, no matter what! :)
Fn76Feb 13, 2018 1:54 PM
Feb 13, 2018 12:40 PM

Mar 2017
Now that they've finished half-assing the Lizardmen Arc to focus on the new arc, let's see how much they polish this arc that it was worth screwing over an arc they could have skipped if they were just going half-ass all over it-

Huh?

The Lizardmen Arc died for this?

Did Madhouse spent all of their fucks-to-give on A Place Further Than The Universe? Cause I respect that. I really do. The better show has the better resource allocated. Logical. But what were they thinking when they decided to juggle things?

Rushing through two arcs
In a one-cour only show
O'er the fans we screw
Laughing all the way
You gave up your freedom of speech when you clicked Agree to the User Agreement
This is not a public platform.
Feb 13, 2018 12:44 PM

Dec 2010
le_halfhand_easy said:
Did Madhouse spent all of their fucks-to-give on A Place Further Than The Universe? Cause I respect that. I really do. The better show has the better resource allocated. Logical. But what were they thinking when they decided to juggle things?

Rushing through two arcs
In a one-cour only show
O'er the fans we screw
Laughing all the way

You may be right on this, but even if is the case we should support as much as we can Overlord, Mad House is the only studio that care of it, and is thanks to our support that a miracle appeared, we get the second season, so with the same logic we can get more season if Overlord will become more and more popular.
Cross fingers that this amazing novel will have more love, they have tons of material to animate if they really want, season 3 and 4 and 5 can be easily made. The manga is also ongoing and is a good sign.
Fn76Feb 13, 2018 12:47 PM
Feb 13, 2018 1:00 PM

Oct 2014
Man I could really learn some of those pickup lines from Sebas
Feb 13, 2018 1:11 PM

Jul 2015
a pretty nice start to the arc.. not the greatest.. but a whole lot better than the last one..
and i tried searching all these diseases.. mentioned in the ep and right now i am feeling uncomfortable as hell..
anyways. no ains this week. (whyisthatnotasurprise..)
Feb 13, 2018 1:35 PM
Feb 2017
Kuinshi said:
HelpMeFindAnime said:

It's nice when they include eye openers not everything is sun shine and rainbows. It adds depth, it's not like something similar hasn't happened in reality as sad as it may be.

I mean we're just readers and watchers, they actually had to write it and draw it.

Yeh... but i'd rather not have read that and put such image in my head... i cri. Disgusting...
Feb 13, 2018 1:36 PM

Apr 2017
It is a shame so many things left not mentioned. They should've at least added Sebas' thoughts while saving Tsuare. It was an important thing for his character.

Even though I'm happy I will see this arc animated, it will take a couple episodes to get to the good parts. And Climb, god I hate Climb character so much.
Feb 13, 2018 1:37 PM
Feb 2017
Daniel_Naumov said:
HelpMeFindAnime said:

You might be mentally damaged, but since it was irrelevant to the story, most of us simply noted "Oh another cruel human scum gang" and moved on to actual content. But you decided to show off your sick imagination and think up everything done to her? It is not us being "pure", its your mind being blighted. What you wrote is wrong on many, many levels. Seek help.

You do know that what I wrote is actually what happened right? Some people responded to my comments and told me that I am indeed correct and that it is better "explained" in the manga. Though to be honest, I would rather not have it be explained better. You are just an idiot and probably a little kid too
Feb 13, 2018 1:40 PM

Apr 2013
HelpMeFindAnime said:

I mentioned the diseases; just not how she got them. Figured it'd have been obvious/redundant to mention due to how beat up she was.
Feb 13, 2018 1:43 PM

Oct 2013
find it funny how there is a debate starting about how you should focus on that girl getting raped and being pure or gutter minded
like yeah guys anyone can see that but it seems not enough people care to mention it
Feb 13, 2018 3:02 PM
Apr 2011
Todd_ said:
Boring episode. Sebas was quite the ladies man though. That girl was in such a terrible state, it's nice to see some kindness from this series every so often. I wonder what he'll use her for?

Then we got into some rando who I think was from last season, I can't even remember.

Those ninja girls were so cute.

I would not get used to the kindness, Sebas is like one of 5 members of Nazarick who has a good Morality. I mean Demiurge has human rape/cannibal farms where he skins them for paper.
Feb 13, 2018 3:38 PM

Dec 2016
Wow that girl really had a number done on her.

As so Sebas was created by Touch, help out people when they need it.

She was healed pretty quickly, not sure about the devour part but either way she is fine now I guess, what they do with her is the big question.

Reminds me of episode 4 in season 1, Ainz helped that village out because of the same motto from when touch helped him out.

Oh that guy with the blue hair, forgot he existed, does an appearance from him mean he is going to run into Shalltear again at some point?

Some assassins, twins by the looks of it, Evileye is fighting against Entoma in the opening movie.

Black dust drug, sounds very ominous, glad they are burning it all down, the entire eight fingers guild will most likely be a handful to deal with.
Feb 13, 2018 3:38 PM
Aug 2017
mrjames1026 said:
HelpMeFindAnime said:

Yes you are right, and I think most of the light novel reader knows that she get fucked in the anal and get forced blowjob. Another thing to point out is that she is actually pregnant. The hint is that the maid is eating her baby before Sebas comes back. So basically the maid eats her baby and make her body normal as it is.

Man thats some dark shit. Never knew what she meant eating was.. (even after watching couple times). Love to see how the relationship between those two will would turn out...
Feb 13, 2018 3:45 PM
Aug 2017
Zhexal said:
Sebas' time to shine!
Tuares injuries tho...f*cked up
DRUGS ARE BAD, MKAYYY?

I have a feeling that she was forcefully injected into drug addiction during sex, as its common plot used in hentai involving mind break .
Feb 13, 2018 3:55 PM
Mar 2017
Oh no... Rape. This is how i can't get so many waifus
Feb 13, 2018 4:28 PM

Mar 2016
Well, I'm really enjoying the sh*t out of this season. Much more character interaction between those that don't live in Nazarick and just a little bit of Ainz here and there.

Time for Sebas to shine. I like how his name was structured: Sebas Tian... LMAO!
Eight fingers organization? Kinda of a lame name in my opinion.
Bald guy with the tattoos from the OP finally appearing. Can't wait to see is ass getting kicked...
Feb 13, 2018 4:32 PM

Dec 2015
I'm just a one hell of a butler XD
Feb 13, 2018 5:07 PM

Oct 2017
This ep made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. It's nice to see that there are some kind people working at the Great Tomb of Nazarick. I'm interested to see what Sebas is planning to do with this new girl. I also want to see more of that group destroying those drug crops at the end. I'm guessing that the new arc will involved them and at least Sebas fighting against the Eight Fingers.
Feb 13, 2018 5:13 PM

Dec 2017
a pretty good introduction for the new arc, Solution diagnosis on Tuare seem so freaking bad, i guess she was raped and abused or something?, she diagnosed with syphillis and anal fissure, hell...

how long this arc could be?, i guess they dont have a lot of time to create another arc after this, but only 2 arc is way too few...
Feb 13, 2018 5:16 PM

Apr 2008
Inukanura said:
a pretty good introduction for the new arc, Solution diagnosis on Tuare seem so freaking bad, i guess she was raped and abused or something?, she diagnosed with syphillis and anal fissure, hell...

how long this arc could be?, i guess they dont have a lot of time to create another arc after this, but only 2 arc is way too few...

we had exactly two arcs in the first season too tho
Feb 13, 2018 5:20 PM
Jan 2018
Sorriso da Solution é apavorante. Não tem dentes, é simplesmente a cara deformada dela de uma orelha a outra.
Feb 13, 2018 5:49 PM

Nov 2017
Ok,now that showed just how cool Sebas is!
I mean,he was fairly cool in the first series,but now,wow!
Can't wait to see more of him,and Tuare.
And to see what Ainz thinks of him rescuing her.
Damn,want to read the LN's now,but don't want to spoil the anime.
What to do,what to do?
Feb 13, 2018 5:57 PM

Jun 2015
Yaiphaba said:
Darklight0303 said:

Ainz is more akin to a force of nature when he makes his moves. >_>
yea when he enters it was like bammm

yeah it was like bamm! and then boom! and the wind goes whooosssshhhhhhh and end with whoomp!
Feb 13, 2018 5:58 PM

Jul 2015
I'm glad there's at least one character from Nazarick that isn't absolutely evil but it's a shame Sebas Tian (seriously?) helped out that dirtbag too. And holy crap the ailments that Solution listed were absolutely brutal.

Overall, nice setup episode. I'm wondering how the warriors are gonna play into this arc
"I ask you, are you my master?"

Feb 13, 2018 7:24 PM

May 2017
Love this new Arc already, the moments shared between Truare and Sebas were cute as hell

I dont mind seeing less of Momonga and more screentime for his Followers like Sebas, Solution and co.

RadTicTacs said:

Overall, nice setup episode. I'm wondering how the warriors are gonna play into this arc

I predict that they will clash with those Eight Finger Dudes and Sebas will either fight those warriors or help them in their fight? Idk

Starhammer said:
Ok,now that showed just how cool Sebas is!
Can't wait to see more of him,and Tuare.
And to see what Ainz thinks of him rescuing her.

I guess he will like it because he supports the idea that his followers act on their own, and its not like the girl opposes his plans or anything.

LukesYGO_WSonYT said:

Some assassins, twins by the looks of it, Evileye is fighting against Entoma in the opening movie.

Cant wait for that shit to happen <3
Feb 13, 2018 7:38 PM
Jan 2016
TsundeReaper said:
I still don't get the whole plot, having already watched season 1, where's the other players? Why is "he" trapped in that game world? Why are the guardians his now even tho they weren't his creations? And why does ainz know that his friends max the guardians love for him?

It's not that Ainz is trapped in the game world, he's trapped in a parallel universe that periodically abducts players and their possessions from the VRMMO YGGDRASIL for unknown reasons. Ainz just happens to be the latest (and last, since the game shut down) victim of this random abduction. So the plot is basically the standard "transported to another world, adventure ensues" isekai plot, but with the twist that he struggles to live up to the Guardians' astronomic expectations and the possibility that there are hostile players hiding out there.

The Guardians are loyal to him because they're still bound by their programming, being transported to the new world has given them sentience, but they haven't been given any reason to change their way of thinking; this is touched on when Shalltear has a brief moment of confusion when she doesn't understand why she feels like she has to fight Ainz after catching herself referring to him as her master, and this season explores it a bit more as Cocytus and Sebas begin to make decisions they could never manage as NPCs and struggle with that freedom.

Darklight0303 said:

Wasn't it three arcs? Undead King, Dark Warrior, and Bloody Valkyrie?
Feb 13, 2018 7:43 PM

Apr 2008
MysteriousBanana said:
TsundeReaper said:
I still don't get the whole plot, having already watched season 1, where's the other players? Why is "he" trapped in that game world? Why are the guardians his now even tho they weren't his creations? And why does ainz know that his friends max the guardians love for him?

It's not that Ainz is trapped in the game world, he's trapped in a parallel universe that periodically abducts players and their possessions from the VRMMO YGGDRASIL for unknown reasons. Ainz just happens to be the latest (and last, since the game shut down) victim of this random abduction. So the plot is basically the standard "transported to another world, adventure ensues" isekai plot, but with the twist that he struggles to live up to the Guardians' astronomic expectations and the possibility that there are hostile players hiding out there.

The Guardians are loyal to him because they're still bound by their programming, being transported to the new world has given them sentience, but they haven't been given any reason to change their way of thinking; this is touched on when Shalltear has a brief moment of confusion when she doesn't understand why she feels like she has to fight Ainz after catching herself referring to him as her master, and this season explores it a bit more as Cocytus and Sebas begin to make decisions they could never manage as NPCs and struggle with that freedom.

Darklight0303 said:

Wasn't it three arcs? Undead King, Dark Warrior, and Bloody Valkyrie?

Not really. Undead king was more of a prologue. Too short to be called a full arc.
Feb 13, 2018 8:23 PM
Aug 2017
Something that's been going through my thoughts. Ains is supossed to be a supper uber dark demigod lich, but all his servants are bland bitches. I expected sebas to just bypass that half dead whore instead healing her, kill the fat dude instead giving him money. She's not even an important character after all. (light spoil here)

Come on, is it for real that all his servants are good hearted and lawful good faggots ?(D&D shit).

At least in this episode it's hinted that there are some sort of villains in the table.

Half a season and we only got lizard sex, a shitty battle ,and faggots servants with feelings (cocytus and sebas). I seriously hope this arc shows something more in the next episode.
Feb 13, 2018 8:25 PM
Jan 2018
le_halfhand_easy said:
Now that they've finished half-assing the Lizardmen Arc to focus on the new arc, let's see how much they polish this arc that it was worth screwing over an arc they could have skipped if they were just going half-ass all over it-

Huh?

Rushing through two arcs
In a one-cour only show
O'er the fans we screw
Laughing all the way

I guess you don't understand that adaptations will never be perfect. Also, do you really expect the level of detail from the novels being put into anime? If the entire season was spent on the Lizardman Heroes arc then we would be halfway through Zaryusu and Zenberu's fight to get the tribes together. We would have sat through 5 episodes worth of internal monologues and detailed descriptions of why the characters are reacting the way they are. As it stands things aren't perfect, but they're done well enough that you understand why the characters do what they did. Whining like this helps no one and only serves to make you look like a spoiled brat.
Feb 13, 2018 8:33 PM

Apr 2008
EgregorMason said:
Something that's been going through my thoughts. Ains is supossed to be a supper uber dark demigod lich, but all his servants are bland bitches. I expected sebas to just bypass that half dead whore instead healing her, kill the fat dude instead giving him money. She's not even an important character after all. (light spoil here)

Come on, is it for real that all his servants are good hearted and lawful good faggots ?(D&D shit).

At least in this episode it's hinted that there are some sort of villains in the table.

Half a season and we only got lizard sex, a shitty battle ,and faggots servants with feelings (cocytus and sebas). I seriously hope this arc shows something more in the next episode.

You seriously have to be trolling =_= Your stupidity and ignorance has to be fake

Darklight0303Feb 21, 2018 12:18 PM
Feb 13, 2018 8:47 PM

Aug 2013
Good guy Sebas. True gentleman.

I had to laugh at the end of the episode with that council of 8 fingers meeting. Couldn't even take that shit remotely seriously knowing that any one single member of Nazarick would fucking wipe them and their entire force of subordinates out without even trying. Just between Sebas and Solution, Solution could wipe out that entire mercenary guys faction. They could all form an alliance and send every member of their faction up against them as an army, and Solution could probably kill every single one. You dont even have to bring in the floor guardians, and single member of the battle maids would be overkill.
Feb 13, 2018 10:08 PM

Mar 2010
Just a set-up episode, I think they should give some information on these organization guys that showed off in the last minutes
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 13, 2018 11:35 PM

Dec 2016
This is the first episode yet that really got me interested. Sebas is a nice dude, I like the fact hes acting independently of Ainz-sama just to save the pretty lady, what a gentleman. Feels bad for the lady btw she was probably anally raped, I think it was really interesting to mention an anal fissure, never seen something like that in anime before. Seems like this next arc's gonna be a lot better...hopefully
Feb 14, 2018 12:05 AM

Oct 2008
OMG! this has become confusing again! so many different groups/segments of different events!
But it seems like there would be lots of politics as other have said...
4/5.

Feb 14, 2018 12:22 AM

Mar 2017
LolSkittles said:
le_halfhand_easy said:

Huh?

Rushing through two arcs
In a one-cour only show
O'er the fans we screw
Laughing all the way

I guess you don't understand that adaptations will never be perfect. Also, do you really expect the level of detail from the novels being put into anime? If the entire season was spent on the Lizardman Heroes arc then we would be halfway through Zaryusu and Zenberu's fight to get the tribes together. We would have sat through 5 episodes worth of internal monologues and detailed descriptions of why the characters are reacting the way they are. As it stands things aren't perfect, but they're done well enough that you understand why the characters do what they did. Whining like this helps no one and only serves to make you look like a spoiled brat.

What? All I said is that they could have just skipped it if they are pressed for time and they shouldn't have attempted to juggle so many things at once.

Also, I couldn't care less if it does not follow the LN. By all means, polish it. I'm not a book purist. And I do not have a high opinion of most of the content of the LN anyway. It could do with a whole lot of polishing in the adaptation. Opposite of what Madhouse is doing: taking mediocrity and shitting out more mediocrity.

Whining? I'm making fun of what a shitshow this is turning to be and you call me whining?
You gave up your freedom of speech when you clicked Agree to the User Agreement
This is not a public platform.
Feb 14, 2018 12:28 AM

Jun 2009
LukesYGO_WSonYT said:
Oh that guy with the blue hair, forgot he existed, does an appearance from him mean he is going to run into Shalltear again at some point?

Feb 14, 2018 1:11 AM

Dec 2007
mrjames1026 said:
HelpMeFindAnime said:

Yes you are right, and I think most of the light novel reader knows that she get fucked in the anal and get forced blowjob. Another thing to point out is that she is actually pregnant. The hint is that the maid is eating her baby before Sebas comes back. So basically the maid eats her baby and make her body normal as it is.

Thank you. I was wondering what she meant when she said that. I thought she was up to no good when she said that so when Sebas returned and nothing happened I got confused.
Feb 14, 2018 2:09 AM
Dec 2016
HelpMeFindAnime said:
Kuinshi said:

Yeh... but i'd rather not have read that and put such image in my head... i cri. Disgusting...

eh it's not that bad though, but not that berserk level type shit like damn....
Feb 14, 2018 2:39 AM
Oct 2015
New arc, new villains I hope these 'eight fingers' pose a threat to Nazarick, also I hope those girls at the end dealing with the drug become an ally to Nazarick or enemy whichever is better for the progression of the plot.
Heckle was here...
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Overlord II Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 13, 2018

277 by RodxD »»
Sep 22, 4:22 AM

Poll: » Overlord II Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 23, 2018

211 by RodxD »»
Sep 18, 2:29 AM

Poll: » Overlord II Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 16, 2018

322 by RodxD »»
Sep 18, 2:02 AM

Poll: » Overlord II Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 3, 2018

357 by hanakocheeks »»
Sep 5, 2:03 AM

Poll: » Overlord II Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 20, 2018

256 by hanakocheeks »»
Sep 4, 1:56 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.