Forums
New
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Jan 1, 2017 8:25 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Frostbytes said:
Tokoya said:
Why are people assuming that this is dropping in 2018?

This was announced on the 31st of December 2016 and for them to say that this will be airing "this winter" would be false because the Winter Anime season doesn't start until January, thus the term "this winter" would = Winter 2016, hence why the promo said "Next Winter" which would mean Winter 2017

I'm pretty sure they announced that this will be dropping in 2017 a while ago anyway

Shaft schedule is pretty much packed, they even delayed zaregoto by one month so yeah you can expect that.
Still doesn't mean that this is delayed.....I think you guys are just over thinking how the PV was worded
Jan 1, 2017 8:28 AM
Jul 2018
Tokoya said:
Frostbytes said:

Shaft schedule is pretty much packed, they even delayed zaregoto by one month so yeah you can expect that.
Still doesn't mean that this is delayed.....I think you guys are just over thinking how the PV was worded

Well if you know the classic history of shaft's kizu delay, people have every right to expect that actually especially seeing this year schedule with owari and kizu 3.
Jan 1, 2017 9:13 AM

Nov 2011
Fai said:
There's a STRONG difference between a "fake-out prologue" with random character and marketing your show by baiting a female protagonist only to fridge her for sake of male choice. VERY different implications and problematic nature. It would be REALLY hard to defend Nasu against claims of misogyny and sexism then.

Yes, you are entirely right. But, if male Hakuno is in the PV via his eyes, then Shaft can claim it to be a 'fake-out prologue'. It still doesn't defend how crappy it is for them to add the eyes at the end after the credits. Until the next PV comes out and more info is released, it seems plausible that both Hakuno's are in Last Encore.

Which is why people think it's being based off or influenced by Nasu's notes for Extella Zero. I don't think Last Encore will be a tie into Extella, as you've indicated, but it might have things from those notes to create a story adapting Extra into a suitable TV form.
Jan 1, 2017 9:47 AM
Mar 2016
khione said:

It still doesn't defend how crappy it is for them to add the eyes at the end after the credits.

This is too true. Didn't even see that part until I went afk and when I came back I had two brown eyes staring back at me from the monitor.
Jan 1, 2017 9:53 AM
Mar 2016
Fai said:

Also Fate/Extella is called Fate/Extella and not Fate/Extra Extella for a reason. They are entirely separate franchises and entirely separate(thankfully) timelines.
This is called Fate/EXTRA for a reason.

Speaking of Extella, it's not like we're required to follow the "canon" prequel though, right? Female Hakuno is still playable in-game with Nero, Tamamo, and Altera. Plus, I'm fairly certain Nasu made an addendum to his Extella/Zero post saying that was only for that route. Other routes would play out differently and FeMC could be the "real" protagonist and the male one is the faker.

Btw, even when FeMC was the faker she was still superior to MC in skill. She was the one that beat Leo and other powerful masters and was able to defend against Tamamo and Nero with literally half a servant. She only "lost" because she saw no point in winning since she'll die anyway.

Also, Extella/Zero is still complete BS. There was absolutely no need to remake Fate/Extra's story, since that could easily lead into Extella with only a few minor tweaks. There's also no reason to have MC and FeMC coexist since afaik they never coexisted in the games aside from that cameo in the prologue.
Jan 1, 2017 10:19 AM

Jan 2016
So how do peope feel about the story of the fate/extra game? I'm very happy to see Miyamoto finally direct something, since Madoka had fantastic direction. I wish he was doing Zaregoto instead of yuki yase but whatever. I'm also very happy to see satoru kosaki doing the music since his work in the monogatari series is quite masterful. So I'm just curious, do they have good source material to work with?
Jan 1, 2017 10:44 AM
Mar 2016
GoldNautilus said:
So how do peope feel about the story of the fate/extra game? I'm very happy to see Miyamoto finally direct something, since Madoka had fantastic direction. I wish he was doing Zaregoto instead of yuki yase but whatever. I'm also very happy to see satoru kosaki doing the music since his work in the monogatari series is quite masterful. So I'm just curious, do they have good source material to work with?

Well, if anything, it's the most fitting Fate work to be done by Shaft because of its theme. Can't really comment much since I'm far too biased; I love Fate/Extra even after recognizing all its flaws with gameplay flow and whatnot. I loved the story too, but the futuristic/virtual world setting is right up my alley as well.

What I can say with certainty though is that Hakunon as a protagonist is golden since she's really snarky a lot of the times.
Jan 1, 2017 10:46 AM

Apr 2014
Tokoya said:
Frostbytes said:

Its airing next winter.

we are in 2017 winter season
next is spring 2017
then summer 2017
lastly fall 2017
next winter comes in 2018

if u think shaft is airing fate/extra this month for winter 2017 along side zaregoto and 3 gatsu no lion u are mistaken lol
Jan 1, 2017 11:01 AM

Jul 2007
GoldNautilus said:

Extremely fitting for Shaft as long as the writer does not alter the main messages or how the story goes.

AhenshihaelJan 1, 2017 11:10 AM
Jan 1, 2017 11:10 AM

Apr 2015
LumberingCrane said:
GoldNautilus said:

Well, if anything, it's the most fitting Fate work to be done by Shaft because of its theme. Can't really comment much since I'm far too biased; I love Fate/Extra even after recognizing all its flaws with gameplay flow and whatnot. I loved the story too, but the futuristic/virtual world setting is right up my alley as well.

What I can say with certainty though is that Hakunon as a protagonist is golden since she's really snarky a lot of the times.

Wow i feel like i wrote this LOL

Pretty much how i feel.
Jan 1, 2017 11:15 AM

Jan 2016
Thank you @LumberingCrane and @Fai im pretty excited now
Jan 1, 2017 11:17 AM

Nov 2011
Everything Fai said, along with the fact that the Holy Grail War is set up differently, to the point where there feels like an extreme risk and sense of urgency. My only gripe with Extra was that some things felt very obvious and were easily guessable. Some characters are very strange (albeit still unique) in their motivations for fighting.

I hope some characters from CCC make appearances, like Jinako, who was going to be in Extra apparently but was pushed to CCC. CCC does a great job at analyzing characters in very deep depths, and her whole chapter was really good. CCC also goes into a lot more detail of the Servants in Extra, so I hope those tid-bits are added especially for Extra's Saber.

I find Shaft to be perfect and I look forward to how Miyamoto handles it alongside Nasu being more involved. Especially considering how tragic Extra sometimes is.

LumberingCrane said:

Oh my god, yes this. I love Hakunon for the fact that she is so sarcastic sometimes, never gives up, and has a bit of a pervy side to herself. For a female protagonist, it's great and very refreshing. She says some pretty hilarious things in both Extra and, especially, in CCC.
Jan 1, 2017 11:24 AM
Mar 2016
khione said:

She says some pretty hilarious things in both Extra and, especially, in CCC.

"Rin went from comatose to bitch in three seconds flat."

"I prefer it if you call me king." (This line is waaay more amazing in context, believe me)

"Damn, the balls on this kid."

"Is it just me, or are the girls with pink hair in anime usually the frisky ones?" (in response to Caster)

-Hakunon, best FeMC. ( Disclaimer: All of these are based from my memory of the game, so they might not be 100% accurate)
LumberingCraneJan 1, 2017 11:29 AM
Jan 1, 2017 11:50 AM
Mar 2016
Lastly, I think FeMC fits the theme better than Male MC even just by basing it on the objective trait differences of the two:

Male Hakuno Talent: Mental Fortitude
Female Hakuno Talent: Never giving up

Male Hakuno Natural Enemy: nun in CCC
Female Hakuno Natural Enemy: Twice

While the latter comparison won't make sense for those unfamiliar with the series, the former comparison makes it seem like FeMC would work better. While Mental Fortitude and Never giving up are close to one another, I feel like the latter is more on-point with the events in-game.
Jan 1, 2017 12:05 PM

Aug 2012
So is this airing now in winter 2017? The year will be saved if it does
Jan 1, 2017 12:59 PM

Nov 2011
(don't forget Hakuno's comment about Archer getting a sick tan from a nuclear reactor)

Well, there's a few things I'm looking forward to though.

1. Francis Xavier and other Extra related things

2. More female Hakuno merchandise. Praying her popularity skyrockets even more and she gets a Nendoroid or figma, so I can fill in the spaces of my Extra/CCC collection. She's adorable and I want more stuff of her that isn't Extella or isn't exclusive.
Jan 1, 2017 1:34 PM

Sep 2015
fate anime sure love "are you my master" scene even grand order have one are you my master senpai?
Into the Internet!
Jan 1, 2017 4:55 PM

Nov 2015
ListAandM said:
fate anime sure love "are you my master" scene even grand order have one are you my master senpai?

I prefer that over more mana transfer jokes xD
Jan 2, 2017 5:21 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
moodie said:
Tokoya said:
Its airing next winter.

next is spring 2017
then summer 2017
lastly fall 2017

if u think shaft is airing fate/extra this month for winter 2017 along side zaregoto and 3 gatsu no lion u are mistaken lol
Yeah, we are NOW but prior to the announcement trailer we were not
Jan 2, 2017 6:06 PM

Apr 2014
Tokoya said:
moodie said:
Its airing next winter.

next is spring 2017
then summer 2017
lastly fall 2017

yeah well its shaft.
Jan 2, 2017 6:09 PM
Jul 2018
moodie said:
Tokoya said:
yeah well its shaft.

I think it makes sense still for them to kinda put it to winter 2018 though. If they announced it, at the very least few days before the actual seasons started that would come off as off but not only that, it comes off as fishy.

If that can make sense though.
Jan 3, 2017 7:41 AM
Jul 2015
Frostbytes said:
Tokoya said:

Well if you know the classic history of shaft's kizu delay, people have every right to expect that actually especially seeing this year schedule with owari and kizu 3.
Owari 2 is not confirmed yet for this year, mate.

OT, Shaft seems legit for this, hope we watch this before winter 2020 :v

Jan 3, 2017 8:36 AM
Jul 2018
Shinjisus said:
Frostbytes said:

Owari 2 is not confirmed yet for this year, mate.

OT, Shaft seems legit for this, hope we watch this before winter 2020 :v

Yep but the announcement was long ago and after kizu 3 most of us pretty much expects that they will announce it for this year. They only held back the date as the story can't conclude without kizu 3rd movie.
Jan 7, 2017 5:30 AM

Apr 2015

new visual for F/E
Jan 7, 2017 6:22 AM

Jul 2007
As I see fate continues the trend of horrifying magazine designs trend. Brings me flashbacks of that Kerry poster and the UBW magazine art and stuff.

Needless to say - it is NOT indicative of the anime designs or how it will look in the show.

What is written should be more interesting tbqh.
Jan 7, 2017 1:46 PM

Apr 2016
ScarRufus said:

new visual for F/E

Fan service is real with this one.
Jan 7, 2017 11:37 PM
Mar 2016
I mean, it *is* fate; as much as I cringe every time, it's not unexpected. Plus this is almost nothing compared to CCC.

It's hilarious though how they still managed to make use of Nero's butt window, that's something else. Still bad, but hilarious.
Jan 8, 2017 6:06 AM

Jul 2007
1. Literally ALL magazine images are usually meant to b e fanservicey in one way or the other.
2. Complaining about red saber and fanservice kind of misses the point of the character.
3. Erotic imagery is less of "fanservice" and more of a fitting part of surrealist aesthetic of Extra world.
4. The real oldschool nasuverse, while having erotic content, is not synonymous with fanservice at all. Its only the stuff like FGO and Extella that up that to ridiculous levels.
Jan 8, 2017 6:10 PM
Mar 2016
^I don't think I've seen people complain about the fanservice in this one yet lol, so I'm not exactly sure for whom those points are for.

Now we wait until an actual confirmation of who the MC is. It's a countdown until that next PV arrives and shows Male Hakuno and destroys the hype; or maybe they'll do an Extella/Zero but Male Hakuno is the fake this time, which is so unlikely based on the blatant preference for Male Hakuno in other materials.
Jan 8, 2017 6:37 PM

Mar 2015
Fai said:
1. Literally ALL magazine images are usually meant to b e fanservicey in one way or the other.
2. Complaining about red saber and fanservice kind of misses the point of the character.
3. Erotic imagery is less of "fanservice" and more of a fitting part of surrealist aesthetic of Extra world.
4. The real oldschool nasuverse, while having erotic content, is not synonymous with fanservice at all. Its only the stuff like FGO and Extella that up that to ridiculous levels.

So defensive, kek
Jan 9, 2017 1:50 PM

Aug 2010
Personally, if they do anything other than the Extella/Zero scenario, I'll be really disappointed.
Jan 10, 2017 1:20 AM
Mar 2016
Extella/Zero.... Pls not like this..... not like this......
Jan 10, 2017 7:04 AM

Jul 2007
astroprogs said:
Personally, if they do anything other than the Extella/Zero scenario, I'll be really disappointed.

You literally must be joking.
Why not wish the adaptation studio was changed to JC Staff while you are at it? That makes as much sense as tying this to Extella does.
Jan 10, 2017 7:57 AM

Aug 2010
Fai said:
astroprogs said:

Why not wish the adaptation studio was changed to JC Staff while you are at it? That makes as much sense as tying this to Extella does.

I'm not joking, no. Extella/Zero is pretty much Extra with a few added scenes at the beginning and end. Everything is the exact same. Opposing it is the thing that doesn't make any sort of sense.

Also, Extra itself is and will always be tied to Extella. Nasu himself said that Extella is a direct sequel to Extra.
Jan 10, 2017 9:01 AM

Jul 2007
astroprogs said:
Fai said:

I'm not joking, no. Extella/Zero is pretty much Extra with a few added scenes at the beginning and end. Everything is the exact same. Opposing it is the thing that doesn't make any sort of sense.

Also, Extra itself is and will always be tied to Extella. Nasu himself said that Extella is a direct sequel to Extra.

Fate/Extra is in no way same as Extella and there's no reason to bring down quality of by tying it to that. Extella can easily function without a "prequel' and with just idea that some shit is different. You don't seem to be asking for Fate/Zero to be remade just so it can segue into Prillya fter all.

Extella and Extra are SEPARATE.
Its both a sequel and not, because it follows a DIFFERENT Extra version and Extella overall does not explore the same themes nor have the same tone as Extra. Just like FHA it is set "after some version of" the previous story.

Fate Extra is not meant to be "prequel". Its a surrealistic story that sets out to subvert expectations coming form FSN while developing a protagonist that is as great as Shirou. CCC then completes the story and enriches the narrative with some of the best writing Nasu has ever done creating a complete and finite work that makes sense. They can rewrite parts of F/E and I hope they will because of game's grindy nature, but killing F/E hollowing out the corpse and stuffing it full of extella makes zero sense.

They can adapt Extella along the way if they want. As long asthey keep that shit separate from F/e and CCC adaptations. CCC is already THE best fate work ever written. Tainting it by the utter nonsense of Extella version of it is just NO.

It makes zero sense to title this Fate/Extra and instead do a prequel to Extella of all things. That's literally false advertising. It makes as much sense as if they anounced UBW adaptation and did unwritten archer route there instead.

At this point the only logical people for you wanting this is because you want to spite people who actually like F/E. Nice try, not working.

Kingof1k said:

^This.
AhenshihaelJan 10, 2017 9:10 AM
Jan 10, 2017 10:30 AM

Aug 2010
Fai said:
astroprogs said:

Fate/Extra is in no way same as Extella and there's no reason to bring down quality of by tying it to that. Extella can easily function without a "prequel' and with just idea that some shit is different. You don't seem to be asking for Fate/Zero to be remade just so it can segue into Prillya fter all.

Extella and Extra are SEPARATE.
Its both a sequel and not, because it follows a DIFFERENT Extra version and Extella overall does not explore the same themes nor have the same tone as Extra. Just like FHA it is set "after some version of" the previous story.

Fate Extra is not meant to be "prequel". Its a surrealistic story that sets out to subvert expectations coming form FSN while developing a protagonist that is as great as Shirou. CCC then completes the story and enriches the narrative with some of the best writing Nasu has ever done creating a complete and finite work that makes sense. They can rewrite parts of F/E and I hope they will because of game's grindy nature, but killing F/E hollowing out the corpse and stuffing it full of extella makes zero sense.

They can adapt Extella along the way if they want. As long asthey keep that shit separate from F/e and CCC adaptations. CCC is already THE best fate work ever written. Tainting it by the utter nonsense of Extella version of it is just NO.

It makes zero sense to title this Fate/Extra and instead do a prequel to Extella of all things. That's literally false advertising. It makes as much sense as if they anounced UBW adaptation and did unwritten archer route there instead.

At this point the only logical people for you wanting this is because you want to spite people who actually like F/E. Nice try, not working.

Kingof1k said:

^This.

You're still not saying what makes Extella/Zero itself worse than Extra, story-wise. All I'm seeing from this is you hating Extella and you wanting to distance Extra as far away from it as you can.

Again, Extella/Zero is hardly any different from Extra. The new scenes subtracts absolutely nothing from the story, it only adds. And this stays true even if Extella itself wasn't even a thing.

If you want Extra written for anime and to feature more than one Servant and fill up the long stretches of nothingness the were rampant in the game, you get Extella/Zero.
Did you even read the scenario? Saying it hollowed Extra is just factually wrong. It quite literally only added to it.

Forget Extella for one second and look at that scenario's own merits.

Finally, the hell with you accusing me of wanting to spite people who like Extra? I freaking love Extra. Stop assuming shit you know nothing about.
astroprogsJan 10, 2017 10:34 AM
Jan 10, 2017 12:58 PM

Mar 2014
Is Extella/Zero any good? Where I can read it?

Also, if they do what you guys are suggesting, CCC won't have an adaptation, right?
FGO NA Code: 482.072.599

(F2P thug life of savings...)

Ben-to! best nonsensical action anime. Ever.
Jan 10, 2017 3:44 PM

Nov 2011
Fabris said:

Also, if they do what you guys are suggesting, CCC won't have an adaptation, right?

Extella Zero was just some of Nasu's notes about his planned idea of how he imagined the events of Extella happened. Essentially, it's Extra with some uh...very concerning issues (like having both Hakuno's and the female one being some sort of "lesser isotope fated to self-destruct" because she doesn't have the original soul). If you google it, his translated notes will be there. Like most people, I hope that Nasu doesn't take too much inspiration from Extella Zero because, to me, his notes were just an absolute mess with how everything played out, it went the usual harem route with male Hakuno as the center, and how female Hakuno is literally pushed to the side until the end.

We don't know what's in store to be honest. Last Encore may adapt events from Extra and CCC if both Hakuno's are used, may have some CCC characters (Jinako comes to mind first) to make a story better suited for TV.

My hopes is that either 1. we just have female Hakuno be the main with Nero (best case scenario imho) or 2. Female Hakuno ends up in a situation similar to CCC where she's temporarily contracted (hence how she's revived, and the gold light she sees reminds me a lot of CCC) with another servant and male Hakuno goes with Nero, without any 'lesser isotope' stuff happening.

But, I'm biased because I love CCC, it is my favorite Type Moon/Fate spin-off with all my favorite servants. I'd love to see how Shaft would handle a lot of the issues thrown out in CCC and how scenes would play out in their style. It's very nice to learn more about the the servants in great detail, especially

Also CCC was absolutely hilarious at times and fits Shaft's quirky style well. I hope that, if Nasu doesn't write CCC things in Last Encore, that CCC gets its own movie...or something, I don't know.

Man, now I wanna go replay CCC....
Jan 10, 2017 8:28 PM
Mar 2016
^I'd like to add the completely unlikely scenario of an Extella/Zero scenario but exchange the roles of Female and Male Hakuno. Female Hakuno gets the leading role while Male Hakuno gets pushed to the side. I'd probably have a better chance of seeing pigs fly before this happens, but just putting it out there.
Jan 10, 2017 11:05 PM

Aug 2010
khione said:
Fabris said:

Extella Zero was just some of Nasu's notes about his planned idea of how he imagined the events of Extella happened. Essentially, it's Extra with some uh...very concerning issues (like having both Hakuno's and the female one being some sort of "lesser isotope fated to self-destruct" because she doesn't have the original soul). If you google it, his translated notes will be there. Like most people, I hope that Nasu doesn't take too much inspiration from Extella Zero because, to me, his notes were just an absolute mess with how everything played out, it went the usual harem route with male Hakuno as the center, and how female Hakuno is literally pushed to the side until the end.

We don't know what's in store to be honest. Last Encore may adapt events from Extra and CCC if both Hakuno's are used, may have some CCC characters (Jinako comes to mind first) to make a story better suited for TV.

My hopes is that either 1. we just have female Hakuno be the main with Nero (best case scenario imho) or 2. Female Hakuno ends up in a situation similar to CCC where she's temporarily contracted (hence how she's revived, and the gold light she sees reminds me a lot of CCC) with another servant and male Hakuno goes with Nero, without any 'lesser isotope' stuff happening.

But, I'm biased because I love CCC, it is my favorite Type Moon/Fate spin-off with all my favorite servants. I'd love to see how Shaft would handle a lot of the issues thrown out in CCC and how scenes would play out in their style. It's very nice to learn more about the the servants in great detail, especially

Also CCC was absolutely hilarious at times and fits Shaft's quirky style well. I hope that, if Nasu doesn't write CCC things in Last Encore, that CCC gets its own movie...or something, I don't know.

Man, now I wanna go replay CCC....

Did people completely miss out on the fact that male and female Hakuno are interchangeable in the Extella/Zero scenario? Did nobody think that their roles completely reverse if you choose Hakunon in Extella?

Did you miss out on Nasu's notes about how CCC is 1:1 from the game with zero changes to it in the new scenario?

Did you also miss out on Nasu's notes that clearly states that the scenario can have either Saber or Caster as the main Servants exacly like Extra with no need to change any of the events, aside from the summoning scene?

Why do you people dislike that scenario, again? Other than the misinformation, I mean.

It's really frustrating when people dismiss this outright better retelling of Extra on such faulty basis.
astroprogsJan 10, 2017 11:13 PM
Jan 10, 2017 11:28 PM

Aug 2010
Fabris said:

Extella/Zero is literally just Extra with very few added new plot elements that change nothing, but add more meat that was much needed in the original story.

There you go, here's a summary of the scenario.

And no, CCC occurs in the scenario as well, completely unchanged.
Jan 11, 2017 3:45 AM
Mar 2016
Personally, any addition/remodeling of a game's story I'm so familiar with doesn't sit well with me even if it as an "objective improvement" when I think it doesn't have a valid reason behind said remodeling. With that said, I don't dismiss Extella/Zero itself as a standalone written work. it's just that if they use it as the basis for the anime there's even less chances for Hakunon to be the protagonist. The mindset (I think) if they were to use Extella/Zero with Male Hakuno as a protagonist would be that it would cover all the bases:

> Every pairing used in 90% of side materials would be present(Male Hakuno
with both Nero and Tamamo and Hakunon and Archer).
> Everyone who wants Hakunon to appear in the anime would be covered.
> We get to keep the age-old tradition of having a male master as the protagonist. (Prototype/ Strange Fake why can't you both exist)
LumberingCraneJan 11, 2017 4:24 AM
Jan 11, 2017 4:07 AM
Mar 2016
Ok, before anybody bites my head off for the first statement, let me explain. If they were to remake the story like what they did with Extella/Zero, especially if it would be to refine the story, I'd prefer it if they took the Persona 4 Golden route and rereleased it to give a valid reason why the remade story exists. Now, do I blame them for not doing that? Of course not, it's perfectly valid why they didn't for multiple reasons (aside from the obvious that it's a rather niche psp jrpg). Ok, so if they were not going to do that, why alter it to such a degree?

>Oh, because as the name "Extella/Zero" suggests, its sole purpose is to be a prequel for Fate/Extella and sufficiently bridge the two stories.

Then, were all those additions really necessary? Did Male and Female Hakuno really need to co-exist for Fate Extella to work? I think very little adjustments had to be made just to give a sufficient connection between the original Fate Extra and Extella; especially with CCC. So why then does this remade story exist? Is it necessary to Extella at all?

>...Because he just liked to improve on his old story?

Ah, So that's why it's only on his Japanese blog that some forum translated, of course. Any normal consumer who only played Fate Extra and who doesn't delve this deep into the universe would have no idea Extella/Zero exists and could easily just think up of a way for the original Extra to end up with Extella's current situation. And that scenario in the end with that consumer is why I don't think this particular reason is valid at all to justify why it exists. If the consumer were to be completely confused with the game because it keeps on making references to Extella/Zero, obviously that means it's actually relevant. But iirc, Fate/Extella is a completely standalone game that doesn't even require knowledge of Fate/Extra. Extella/Zero, in my opinion based on the reasons above, is completely irrelevant. It was just brought back from the grave because of the potential for the anime to use this bunch of notes on a blog.

In the end, that's all only my opinion on it and that last reason could be enough for some, and that's fine. Disregarding Extella and Extra and all of that, Extella/Zero as a standalone written work is completely fine.
LumberingCraneJan 11, 2017 4:34 AM
Jan 11, 2017 4:45 AM

Aug 2010
Rather, why not? It sound better than Extra for a narrative suitable for a novel or an anime series.

The ideas introduced in it doesn't take away anything from what was originally there and it incorporates all the Servants for a slight twist, that, ironically enough, would work the best if you're actually familiar with the original Extra.

I gave me opinion on it in the link above. I really liked the additions and felt it'd be truly wonderful for a single adaptation that can cover almost all the material from the three routes of Extra without upsetting any character's fans.

You get to see Saber, Mumei and Caster all animated and kicking ass, you get to please the male demographic by having Hakuno as the main character, you get to please Hakunon's fans as we see her and Archer kick an obscene amount of ass (seriously, that fight with Gawain is bound to be balls to the walls amazing), you get to please the lore nerds by smartly incorporating CCC and Extella in the mix naturally and finally, you get to see a story MUCH more suitable for linear adaptation, while keeping in mind that Hakuno and Hakunon are equally legit possibilities for each other as the protagonist.

After all this, the question shouldn't be "why be hung up on Extella/Zero", it's "why the hell not?".

But iirc, Fate/Extella is a completely standalone game that doesn't even require knowledge of Fate/Extra.

You need both Extra and CCC to understand world details and numerous plot points.
astroprogsJan 11, 2017 4:52 AM
Jan 11, 2017 4:51 AM
Mar 2016
"it's just that if they use it as the basis for the anime there's even less chances for Hakunon to be the protagonist." - What I posted literally a while back.

I feel like you just glossed over the only relevant thing for me in this whole shtick: which is actually getting Hakunon as a Female protagonist. Being delegated to an inferior soulless counterpart is hardly an improvement over not being present at all. It's arguably worse since it diminishes her original role as an equal to Male Hakuno.
LumberingCraneJan 11, 2017 4:58 AM
Jan 11, 2017 4:54 AM
Mar 2016
astroprogs said:
You need both Extra and CCC to understand world details and numerous plot points.

"Expanding upon the extensive and much-beloved Fate universe with a standalone story from acclaimed series writer Kinoko Nasu... "

Source: http://gematsu.com/2016/06/akibas-beat-fateextella-story-seasons-trio-towns-coming-north-america

> Standalone. And I don't see Extella/Zero in your statement there. It's *still* irrelevant.

astroprogs said:
"why the hell not?"

...It's a bunch of notes on a blog that if one doesn't seek out or find out online from the fanbase, one wouldn't even know about and it would be completely inconsequential to not know about it. Seriously. It. Doesn't. Matter outside of a potential use for the anime. Potential.

...Did I forget to mention it is literally just a bunch of notes on a blog post that isn't even a fully novelized story, because I feel like I need to stress that part. I don't even know why this discussion is going on about something this irrelevant instead of the actual source material.
LumberingCraneJan 11, 2017 5:25 AM
Jan 11, 2017 5:30 AM

Aug 2010
LumberingCrane said:
"it's just that if they use it as the basis for the anime there's even less chances for Hakunon to be the protagonist." - What I posted literally a while back.

I feel like you just glossed over the only relevant thing for me in this whole shtick: which is actually getting Hakunon as a Female protagonist. Being delegated to an inferior soulless counterpart is hardly an improvement over not being present at all. It's arguably worse since it diminishes her original role as an equal to Male Hakuno.

What anime adaptation EVER used a FemMC? Who said Hakunon even had the slightest chance of becoming the protagonist?

Also, this IS an improvement over not showing up at all. If you know about Extella's story, soulless Hakunon would still have a peraonality and a drive to win the grail just like Hakunon. Not only that, now that she's free from the curse of bland protagonist, she's actually allowed to have a character. She's allowed to be her own person instead of being Ritsuka 2.0 , which is likely to end up happening to Hakuno himself.
Jan 11, 2017 5:41 AM
Mar 2016
astroprogs said:
Also, this IS an improvement over not showing up at all. If you know about Extella's story, soulless Hakunon would still have a peraonality and a drive to win the grail just like Hakunon. Not only that, now that she's free from the curse of bland protagonist, she's actually allowed to have a character. She's allowed to be her own person instead of being Ritsuka 2.0 , which is likely to end up happening to Hakuno himself.

Once again, completely misses the point why I think it's considerably worse. Those points are irrelevant compared to what I just said that it still treats her as an inferior version of Male Hakuno, and I do believe the actual word "inferior" was used in Extella/Zero. And don't pull that interchangeable role excuse for the anime adaptation. It doesn't share the same canon as the source material anymore when it becomes an adaptation. Unless stated by Nasu *again* afterwards, that is not the initial assumption if they use Extella/Zero and use Male Hakuno as the protagonist.

astroprogs said:

What anime adaptation EVER used a FemMC? Who said Hakunon even had the slightest chance of becoming the protagonist?

.....Oh dear. Sorry, I missed the memo that even though we were shown Hakunon in the first PV, the de facto assumption is still that it's not really going to be her no matter what based on the NUMEROUS anime adaptations of games where you can choose the protagonist's gender. It's not like there's around 40+ characters between her and the male version in the popularity polls and thus she's vastly above him in terms of popularity based on those. Oh yes, how careless of me not to see.

Now that we've resorted to *this* kinds of argument, I'll promptly stop here.
LumberingCraneJan 11, 2017 6:12 AM
Jan 11, 2017 8:11 AM

Aug 2010
XSEED is wrong then. Extella is clearly not a standalone.
XSEED probably said that for marketing purposes. You wouldn't want to limit the audience who'll buy your game.

Extella/Zero IS Extra. It's as relevant to Extella as Extra is.

How is it being a bunch of notes on Nasu's blog relevant to my argument? I'm saying that the ideas it introduces are great, be it a serialized book or a note on Nasu's handkerchief.

You know that Extella is canon right? You also know that you can choose Hakunon there, right? And you know that the story composition for Last Encore was officially announced to be by Nasu, right?
The anime adaptations are a separate timeline in the canon, not the only canon. If Extella/Zero is a prequel to Extella and you can choose Hakunon there, it's self explanatory that they're interchangeable in the anime as well.
You're missing the point I'm trying to make. Would it be clearer if I said that I'd be as 100% on board if they adapted Extella/Zero with Hakunon as the protagonist?

You mean like how Gudako is a thousand times more popular than Gudao, yet he still got the protagonist seat? And I'm not talking about Riyo' Gudako either, I'm talking about the original.
Looing at decades of the same pattern repeating in the anime industry, it doesn't make sense to jump on that ship just yet.

The PV intentionally left out who Nero was talking to. It's still considered a reach to assume that she'll be the protagonist just based on the general visuals of that PV. Currently, we just know she'll be in the anime.

Look, I HOPE Hakunon is the protagonist. I really do.
One of the biggest reason I'm onboard Extella/Zero is that they found a way to incorporate Hakunon in Hakuno's scenario. If we're to inevitable get a Hakuno-centric adaptation, doing Extella/Zero means that we still got to see Hakunon in anime form.
Jan 11, 2017 9:15 AM
Mar 2016
This is getting a bit ridiculous:
astroprogs said:

Extella/Zero IS Extra. It's as relevant to Extella as Extra is.

How is it being a bunch of notes on Nasu's blog relevant to my argument? I'm saying that the ideas it introduces are great, be it a serialized book or a note on Nasu's handkerchief.

If it basically IS Extra, how are the new additions relevant to Extella? The point I'm making is that the fact that it's so obscure means that it's ultimately irrelevant when Extra exists and apparently is of the same value to Extella anyways. That was in response to "Why get hung up on Extra/Zero?" > "Why Not?", so it's pretty relevant, methinks.
I really don't want to delve deeper into this particular topic and get myself spoiled literally a week before the game comes out in a form that I can actually understand. I obviously have zero knowledge on Extella's actual story (prequel obviously excluded), and I'd like to keep it that way.

astroprogs said:

You know that Extella is canon right? You also know that you can choose Hakunon there, right? And you know that the story composition for Last Encore was officially announced to be by Nasu, right?

I don't even know in response to what statement these are for lol. I never said or implied otherwise.
astroprogs said:

The anime adaptations are a separate timeline in the canon, not the only canon. If Extella/Zero is a prequel to Extella and you can choose Hakunon there, it's self explanatory that they're interchangeable in the anime as well.

I don't know where all this information about the anime is coming from, or if it's purely from past examples of Fate anime. There's no reassurance that it is a separate timeline and not its own canon. Which means that interchangeable protagonists as a concept, at this moment, is not applicable to the anime.
astroprogs said:

You're missing the point I'm trying to make. Would it be clearer if I said that I'd be as 100% on board if they adapted Extella/Zero with Hakunon as the protagonist?

No, it really wouldn't since I never thought you weren't on board.

astroprogs said:

You mean like how Gudako is a thousand times more popular than Gudao, yet he still got the protagonist seat? And I'm not talking about Riyo' Gudako either, I'm talking about the original.
Looing at decades of the same pattern repeating in the anime industry, it doesn't make sense to jump on that ship just yet.

The PV intentionally left out who Nero was talking to. It's still considered a reach to assume that she'll be the protagonist just based on the general visuals of that PV. Currently, we just know she'll be in the anime.

Look, I HOPE Hakunon is the protagonist. I really do.
One of the biggest reason I'm onboard Extella/Zero is that they found a way to incorporate Hakunon in Hakuno's scenario. If we're to inevitable get a Hakuno-centric adaptation, doing Extella/Zero means that we still got to see Hakunon in anime form.

You asked "Who said Hakunon even had the slightest chance of becoming the protagonist?" Gee, I don't know, maybe the PV showed that by simply letting her have an appearance. I don't have high hopes either because of the way the PV was presented, but it's still *at the moment* leaning a bit more in her favor since she actually made an appearance and he didn't. That's all I'm saying and the way you asked that question implies that there is no proof that she'll be the protagonist. Previous trends in other shows don't completely negate the idea that she is at the moment more likely to be the protagonist based on the PV alone, especially since the only cases fairly similar to hers is Gudako and Djeeta (marginal difference in popularity in this case too, 60 vs 40 percent iirc). Like I said before, the only reason there are people who are appropriately highly doubtful that she's the protagonist is that Extella/Zero exists. If that work was never shown to the public (it could easily not have been too), people wouldn't be as doubtful as they are now since there are no other cases of them co-existing aside from that cameo in the prologue. (Please don't use the omake as an example of them co-existing canonically...)
LumberingCraneJan 11, 2017 9:23 AM
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fate/Extra: Last Encore Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 31, 2018

119 by bl3nk_anime »»
Apr 23, 12:55 PM

Poll: » Fate/Extra Last Encore Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 10, 2018

210 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Apr 14, 9:25 PM

Poll: » Fate/Extra Last Encore Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 3, 2018

221 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Apr 14, 6:10 PM

Poll: » Fate/Extra: Last Encore Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2018

63 by SomeDudeOverHere »»
Apr 12, 10:40 PM

Poll: » Fate/Extra Last Encore Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 24, 2018

72 by Selleri_UmU »»
Dec 30, 2023 6:40 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.