Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Akame ga KILL!
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (28) « First ... « 21 22 [23] 24 25 » ... Last »
Nov 20, 2015 4:11 AM

Oct 2008
The level of which they underplayed Tatsumi (the supposedly main character) throughout the entire series was quite jarring to say the least. Like literally the only noteworthy things he did were: killing Ogre as his first assignment,magically saving Mine from that explosion and defeating the big bad king in his mecha.
No idea why Akame wasn't the main character in the first place and Tatsumi should have been a tossed aside as comic relief or something.

Besides the usual complaints: lackluster/inconsistent world-building, constant tonal shifts,relying to much on characters deaths... The show overall was alright ,nothing amazing ,but nowhere near as terrible as some would make you to believe. It could have been a lot better if the above mentioned issues were resolved or at least toned down a bit...
Nov 28, 2015 8:31 PM

Apr 2015
That ending was beautiful! Beautiful tragedy indeed. This is easily one best anime I've ever watched.
Dec 1, 2015 12:41 PM

Sep 2014
What the fuck. Damn that was one bad ending. At least esdeath's end was good.

Tbh I don't know why but them killing off Leone for no fucking reason probably irritated me the most. Can't be akame ga kill with out killing off a night raid character every episode!!!!!

bunny1ov3r said:
VanishingKira said:
best girl definitely.

this ^
Dec 8, 2015 9:07 AM

Aug 2008
started watching this anime with no expectation, ended up loving it great show, bit silly ending
Dec 15, 2015 10:59 PM

Jan 2010
There's something about Akame cutting herself to gain immense power that sounds really bad on paper. Anyways, whew, this show cleared its stage of characters really fast. I do appreciate the show's attempt at removing plot armor, so to speak. It's not often I run into a show where no one is safe, but that, in of itself, backfires on Akame ga Kill. It's hard to develop any sense of attachment to any character, as I'm expecting anyone to die. Perhaps that was the intent, giving viewers that sense of detachment found in Night Raid's line of work. You don't form personal relationships, as they'd just bog you down. Thinking of it that way, Akame ga Kill was successful in that regard.

The attempt still functions oddly in anime though. It becomes less of a "oh no, my favorite character died!" experience and more of a "oh okay, so who's next?" I'm not sure if that was the intent.
Dec 19, 2015 5:20 PM

Nov 2014
I am really satified with the ending. Man, Leone's death hit me hardest, and she wasn't even my favourite character that died. I couldn't stop crying! I give this show a 9/10, I really enjoyed it.
Dec 22, 2015 10:27 AM
Sep 2011
First episodes: "Wow, really like all these strongly individualised and strong - willed characters, I hope they don't get hurt."
Last episodes:"Eenie, meenie, miney, moe, who will be the next to go."
Aside from the anime's fast pace and the fact that everyone died, I give it a 8/10
Dec 25, 2015 12:56 AM

Nov 2015
Decent fight. Though Akame's power-up came straight out of left field (then again, this is a shonen, so what should I expect)
Ending was bull. They killed off the characters that actually matter just for the sake of it and yet for whatever reason kept the fodder ones like Wave and Run.

Overall enjoyed the anime, though from a thematic and objective viewpoint it was a disaster.
✧༝┉˚*❋ ❋*˚┉༝✧

鼻をくすぐるGunpowder & Smoke
ジャララ飛び交うEmpty gun cartridges
紅いヒールに見惚れて うっかり風穴欲しいヤツは 挙手をしな

・゚✧*:・゚✧ 🍰 ଘ(੭*ˊᵕˋ)੭* ੈ♡‧₊˚

✧༝┉˚*❋ ❋*˚┉༝✧

Jan 3, 2016 7:51 AM

May 2014
It's nice that Wave and Run are accepted in building the new world. And Esdeath is somehow united with Tatsumi forever while Akame will keep on living for the sake of the ones she killed. Overall it's a pretty realistic outcome of a revolution.

Although they didn't paid that much work on the original ending I'm still pleased with it. And as a whole I really enjoyed it!
Jan 3, 2016 2:16 PM

Jun 2015
I got spoiled and I couldn't resist reading the wiki. So they thought it would be cool to deviate it so much from the manga?

I hate this kind of shit. I will watch it, but killing characters for no reason just to add impact is bullshit imo. I will also read the manga, in hopes it has a better ending.
Seiya0890 said:
But its still disgusting from my point of view, and from the word's point of view, therefore its disgusting.

Wise words.
Jan 8, 2016 9:52 AM

Sep 2007
I always knew this was the ending. I mean they did laugh about tatsumi "Killing for justice" so call hero of justice.
The whole group laugh this is nightraid assassin group. It was to be dark i knew people will die. As for the ending i would say is an OK. This is the anime. The ending is OK.
Jan 19, 2016 7:05 AM
Jan 2016
The ending was sad. I was hoping tatsumi would last until he got back to his home town,lone's death was even sadder... she was shot ten times and lived to see the new ara, esdeath got what was coming to her though. Mine and lubbock were the cool ones, mine dying in tatsumi's arms were just heart breacking I STILL wanna cry over them, lubb getting skewered was just so hard for me to accept... He was my favorite side male of the show... bulot to... dying form poisoning, shelle getting eaten, It was all just so SAD...*tears up*
Jan 23, 2016 3:57 PM

Mar 2015
thank god its over...took me 8 month to finish this boring crap but i have somehow pulled it off. Meanwhile my cactus plant died which made me more emotional than this show ever had.

RIP Bob the cactus 2015-2015
Jan 24, 2016 3:44 PM
Jul 2015
Everyone act. cool that's why they die.

Thanks God Akame still alive, she's cool even she dont act cool. wahaahahahahaahahaahaha
Jan 30, 2016 7:37 AM
Jun 2015
this was so frustrating
Feb 15, 2016 5:59 PM

Oct 2014
im actually so upset with how this ended - according to what i've heard mine, tatsumi, kurome, and leone don't die in the manga series - they practically did an anime only ending, and a bad one at that

this series started off really good for me - im a fan of blood and action, so when you put the two together it's usually a positive for me. but as it progressed towards the end it tried to hard, and got ridiculous at certain points. I also feel that the comedy scenes ruined things - while it's nice to have comic relief, doing it during fight scenes/climatic scenes ruined it for me. hopefully one day they'll do a remake that stays true to the manga.
6/10
Feb 21, 2016 12:34 PM

Feb 2011
Wow. Just when I thought things were in the clear, Leone gets that crappy death. Talk about a middle finger. I'm glad Wave at least survived.

I just couldn't get into this series as much as I'd hoped. A lot of the deaths felt forced. The mood felt like it was all over the place. And while I really liked a lot of the characters, I couldn't stand Esdeath.

Not horrible, but... 6/10
Feb 21, 2016 4:00 PM
Mar 2015
Pumkin2712 said:
Tokoya said:
Best girl got her somewhat happy ending :'')
i have to puke.........
esdeath got a happy end the torture chick got a happy end i still cant understand this .

Dude I don't know if you know this or not, but for every sadistic female character in Pop Culture, there WILL be fans for that character no matter how much the majority hates that character. We need to just learn to deal with it.
Feb 21, 2016 4:51 PM
Mar 2015
Three things to say about this finale:
1. The Esdeath vs Akame fight was AWESOME!! That was probably one of this series' best fights!
2. Even when shot in the gut over multiple times, Leone STILL beats the crap of the minister! RIP in Pepperoni Leone, you were best Night Raid assassin..
3. Dang, even after all this is over the emperor gets beheaded. I feel bad for him, he did all he did was because he was persuaded by a madman it's not his fault he lost it.

Even though Akame ga Kill! did it's own thing than what the manga had done (Currently reading it) it still was an entertaining series and an overall fun experience!
Feb 21, 2016 7:57 PM
Feb 2016
The Good:

I never read the manga so I do not know the relation between the two but in title only. I loved the ending to this anime and feel it was a fitting end. Seeing death on both sides of the table between both Night Raid and the Jaegers was extremely satisfying. While the anime was still riddled with typical anime cliches is did a lot things outside of the usual mold.

Each death of Night Raid galvanized my love for each character and how I felt about the one who died. It inspired the remaining team to fight on for their cause. ((Empire or Revolution)). There was no magical coming back to life, no ex machina of bringing something from the dead with a super mega trump card. They died.End of story and because of that it made me value each of them more.

The Bad:

General Esdeath was a sociopath and it strung out a bit to much at the finale. Her rampaging need to mindlessly kill was becoming more annoying and frustrating rather than a champion to the strong.

The end result of Tatusmi and Esdeath leaves a lot of question to be desired as they turn into a mist of sparkle ice dust.

Leones death was strange and a bit upsetting. Seeing he dead in an alley is very unlike her. I feel that at least someone should have left off with a happy ending.

I dont think this was to give us those "Desired Endings" nor was it ever the intent. Throughout the series Esdeath repeatedly states that her and Tatsumi would be together for ever. Its context never revealed. Things happen, bad things and good things and often things end in a manner we do not want to see it end. In a way the anime was touching on that fact.

In the end it was damn awesome. Refreshing to watch and tugged on some heart strings. The final battle was fucking awesome and Rest in Peace Night Raid. Gone but never Forgotten.
Ironwolf235Feb 21, 2016 8:02 PM
Feb 22, 2016 6:31 AM

Jul 2015
All in all I quite liked this anime, but the deaths felt too forced.
Feb 23, 2016 2:43 PM
Sep 2015
Mediocre anime all the way through and just got worse by the end.
4/10
I watched this on Toonami and the English dub was kinda meh. Not always bad but never really good.
Feb 23, 2016 2:48 PM
Sep 2015
Nikoko said:
Wow. Just when I thought things were in the clear, Leone gets that crappy death. Talk about a middle finger. I'm glad Wave at least survived.

I just couldn't get into this series as much as I'd hoped. A lot of the deaths felt forced. The mood felt like it was all over the place. And while I really liked a lot of the characters, I couldn't stand Esdeath.

Not horrible, but... 6/10

Leone's death was super awkward and forced. I guess they needed to make sure everyone was dead in the end somehow and were out of time.
Feb 25, 2016 11:22 PM

Oct 2015
great ending! and an epic battle
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Feb 28, 2016 11:13 AM

Sep 2012
Great season. Sad to see that mostly everyone died.
Also, too many butthurt people to say that it didn't follow the manga. I have two one thing to ask. Who cares?
Feb 29, 2016 12:00 PM

Sep 2015
I watched this anime during two days period when I was sick and could not work. Back problems. Yes I am that old :-) I am not casual anime fan.I enjoyed this anime. English is not my first language, so I apologize if someone feels offended.

1. Akame GA kill has it all: love, hate, revenge, friendship,war. Just like real life.

2. In this anime they showed us that evil characters have feelings and needs. That flamer guy had loving family and he would do anything for them. Can we condemn persons need to be loved? Even if this ice general was sadistic person. She loved that boy tatsuMi. Not many TV shows or movie show that side of villains. Even a moster needs and feels love.

3. Life is not black or white. There's no absolute truth or lie. Life is full of gray areas. That show has some of it. Yes empire was rotten, but was cleansing worth the price? So many good people perished. Somebodys worthy goal is others nightmare. There is allways evil. Life is not sunshine and happiness all the time. That I learned fast.

4. Love conquers all. Despite the war tatsuMi and Maine felled in love. Even when life is hard, people still need others for support. Tatsumi and Maine both knew that they could die. Despite that they enjoyed those moments together.

Now those were just few things I liked. There were somethings that were not right about this anime.

1. Anime was short. I believe that some of characters did not get enough screen time or backstory, like wave or that angel dude. Character development was lacking. Amine was rushed out, maybe thats way.

2. Anime and Manga did not were same. Anime was to different from original source, Manga. I have never read Manga myself, properly but I have read Internet forums. When it comes to Manga I prefer hard copy. Actual paper copy to be precise. I really dont like when movie or TV show is totally different from book example. I am not of fan of e-manga or books. So if anybody knows good Internet page for Manga Reading let me know. This anime peeked my interest for Manga. Usually this doesn't happen.

That was all. I do apologize for messing some of the names but I have have bad memory for names. Also country were I live has no good or any Manga stores, so getting hard copy is diffcult. I am definitely downloading this anime.
“I speak to everyone in the same way, whether he is the garbage man or the president of the university.”
Apr 18, 2016 4:18 PM

Sep 2011
Welp that's the assassin life for you.
Apr 22, 2016 2:59 PM

Feb 2013
Too many waifus died in the making of this anime

Ofc they had to kill lion waifu too I just knew they had to do it. ''Bad guys dead'', everything ended lets just kill her too because y not

Surprised they did not just killed everybody that is even slightly important.

fak dis anime

IciBurn said:
Tokoya said:
Best girl got her somewhat happy ending :'')
Lol nope, her ass is getting gangraped in hell wihile Mine and Tatsumi are chilling in the afterlife.

lol some people

Okay, got cancer after reading through first 2 pages. I think I'll stop there...
PzKpfw_VI_TigerApr 22, 2016 3:18 PM
May 8, 2016 12:25 AM

May 2016
C'mon i seriously thought that esdeath and tatsumi would get together in he end . but to my surprise both of them died . just great . So happy that mine didnt get to hold hands with tatsumi . esdeath deserved atleast that much . Still didint like the way it ended.
May 9, 2016 12:49 PM
Jan 2016
After 10 hours still crying
After 20 hours still crying
After 2 days still crying
I will never stop crying this is one of the saddest animes I've ever watched it is just so sad T_T dammit the maker o dc this anime why does he/she have to end it this way
I watched this anime within 3 days which made it sadder because I didn't have enough time to recover from the deaths of the characters and death after death kept on coming and every school day was a nightmare I was thinking of this anime while the teachers keep on nagging to do things
The most characters I liked were Lubb,Tatsumi and mine and maybe kurome this is just so sad T_T
Btw I like animes like this although they make me cry a lot and are hard to find I still love them.T_T
Sorry for all of this writing I just want to burst out all my feelings because I am very upset I am not stopping to cry.T_T T_T T_T T_T T_T
May 9, 2016 12:54 PM
Jan 2016
Your post made me feel better about the ending T_T
poomtheloom said:
I watched this anime during two days period when I was sick and could not work. Back problems. Yes I am that old :-) I am not casual anime fan.I enjoyed this anime. English is not my first language, so I apologize if someone feels offended.

1. Akame GA kill has it all: love, hate, revenge, friendship,war. Just like real life.

2. In this anime they showed us that evil characters have feelings and needs. That flamer guy had loving family and he would do anything for them. Can we condemn persons need to be loved? Even if this ice general was sadistic person. She loved that boy tatsuMi. Not many TV shows or movie show that side of villains. Even a moster needs and feels love.

3. Life is not black or white. There's no absolute truth or lie. Life is full of gray areas. That show has some of it. Yes empire was rotten, but was cleansing worth the price? So many good people perished. Somebodys worthy goal is others nightmare. There is allways evil. Life is not sunshine and happiness all the time. That I learned fast.

4. Love conquers all. Despite the war tatsuMi and Maine felled in love. Even when life is hard, people still need others for support. Tatsumi and Maine both knew that they could die. Despite that they enjoyed those moments together.

Now those were just few things I liked. There were somethings that were not right about this anime.

1. Anime was short. I believe that some of characters did not get enough screen time or backstory, like wave or that angel dude. Character development was lacking. Amine was rushed out, maybe thats way.

2. Anime and Manga did not were same. Anime was to different from original source, Manga. I have never read Manga myself, properly but I have read Internet forums. When it comes to Manga I prefer hard copy. Actual paper copy to be precise. I really dont like when movie or TV show is totally different from book example. I am not of fan of e-manga or books. So if anybody knows good Internet page for Manga Reading let me know. This anime peeked my interest for Manga. Usually this doesn't happen.

That was all. I do apologize for messing some of the names but I have have bad memory for names. Also country were I live has no good or any Manga stores, so getting hard copy is diffcult. I am definitely downloading this anime.
Zahra-chanMay 9, 2016 12:57 PM
May 12, 2016 11:49 PM

Feb 2015
Even if i tried my hardest i don't think i could make a worse final 5 episodes than this pile of shit. Even though i liked it up till episode 18 or 19 this ending is gonna be all i remember.
May 15, 2016 4:09 PM

Jan 2016
OMG…Brutal ending… Probably the most brutal i have ever had.And fuck.. Tatsumi did die.. I’m still shocked by all this.. (think i gonna read the manga as well) Esdeath reunite once again with Tatsumi..HA.ha..ha…ha (seriously start to cry) Beautiful..
And even Leone.. she is strong, taking what 10-12 bullets...Why you have to die as well.. AAAHHH I SAID NO MORE DEATH... Fuck im sad now..
Again.. Brutal ending.. but at the same time, quite sweet.(acceptable ending even tho)

Well 24 Intense ass episode, Now thats a season. Its sure been a long, Emotional/epic ride. For this anime
Akame ga kill! (sorry just a notice for my self xD) Its have been very much excitement, It has never dropped my interest, Didn’t have any “calm/slow” episode except for 1 or 2 that i thought was just some ish slow, its just been an intense time all the way, even from the start.

Animation~ It always surprised me, all the fighting scenes have been amazing. Same goes to the background, Just gorgeous, Really love the details they had, Every landscapes was just beyond beautiful.
Story~ There is no words. Brutal, Sweet, Hilarious moments where I’m just dead, Loving, Bloody, Extreme, And so on. Just Amazing how it hooked me after episode 1, And didn’t realise the time after checking it 4 am after episode 12 i think. Feel they didn’t waste any time on this anime and thats mostly why its so intense. but still love that way!
Character~OMG LOVE EVERY single Character,The Night raid, The Jeagers, Some enemy’s
Some had the DEEEP character development and some didnt that i might feel disappointed about. We did Some Extreme Loco character, That where i don’t wanna see no more, but very amazed by them all. Every character really where passionated by something and every one had that small thing, that made me just love em all the way. Beautifully done i most say.
Well what else..Enjoyment ? just read and see how i feel about it… There i no words and this is diffidently one of my favorites!
Overall rating i give it a 9.4 (9/10) i would recommend this to a few right away.

O thanks.. for reading xD
Dead_By_HeartMay 19, 2016 5:02 AM
cause MAL is doing there job for once.
Jul 5, 2016 7:33 AM
Nov 2015
Endting should be edit , i think will be better more than this, happy end it is good ,Esdeath dead oh i don't like this, she is supporting but the event of story , i think she is main, haha her dead after Tatsumi dead😒
Jul 12, 2016 5:25 PM

Jul 2016
I agree with some of the posts here. It wasn't hard to guess which character was going to die next even though I haven't read the manga. Just got tiring to get to know someone just to see their death short after.

Also, I disliked the way Leone died. She deemed herself obsolete and hoped for a reunion in the afterlife so she took her own life in a back alley. hmm. Just...no.

This anime was hard to watch all the way through.
Jul 16, 2016 8:14 AM
Mar 2016
I want to share something in mind, does anyone remember the "Eye" thing that sees the future? It may only seem to be a "Relic" that sees the enemie's future attacks and what Tatsumi thinks as the "Hidden ability" the "You can see inside the CLOTHES stuff (I was in the same face as Tatsumi on that time, too though) carrying on, Najenda left and Akame took over, she even said that she will bring it to someone who could "USE" it, Najenda might have found the right person for it and mastered the "Eye" and unlocked the "REAL" hidden ability, that can foresee the "FUTURE" it might sound crazy and long for an "EPISODE" and "SEASON" but this might be it, the whole time that the episode brought us made us forget about that "Relic." Sorry for the idea, but it just bothers me to think of that relic seeing futures, and the word "Hidden Ability" and only the true user being chosen can awaken it. So it might be that this whole episode starting with Najenda took off and went to the Revolutionary Army, while letting Akame take over her spot as Captain, was nothing but the "Future" that might happen if they proceed in the way it shows us.

What do you guys think?
Jul 20, 2016 4:21 PM

Jan 2008
Leone's death got me more than Tatsumi's.
Jul 22, 2016 6:42 AM
Jul 2015
I am disappointed from the ending actually.

Also in my opinion Esdeath and Tatsumi together would have been not a bad ending if they would have lived Esdeath would have gone against the empire. But I wanted Mine and Tatsumi together too and I think they should have died together or flee away like Akame in the end.

Mine's, Tatsumi and Leone's death were very disappointing for me though but yeah its an anime will not run according to what you want.
Jul 27, 2016 5:56 AM

Apr 2009
Finally it's over.

White Fox ga Kill.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 27, 2016 9:30 PM
Jul 2016
this anime was doing good until like ep 18 or 19 smh
Nobody knocks off old tony!
Aug 12, 2016 3:23 PM

Dec 2009
It's a decent ending, but they went overboard with all the deaths.

I was kinda expecting Esdeath to hit the dust after last episode, but having Leone die needlessly like that was very unnecessary if you ask me. Instead of taking away the gun from the Prime Minister, she just stood there taking all the bullets. All of my why. If she can still walk through town for a few hours afterwards, why not try to seek help with those wounds? It's like she was totally fine with dying. I mean heck, even Akame didn't seem to care too much.

That's really my main beef, besides Esdeath's way of losing the battle being a bit of an asspull. She could have at least moved out of the way during the time freeze, but she was too 'confused'.

Also, wasn't it already known for a while that Najenda was part of Night Raid? Esdeath could have reported that a long while back, so that's either plot convenience if she didn't or a plot hole.

Like many, I agree that the anime series kind of lost its way around episode 18-19 when they went full-on anime original. The story was rushed to conclusion way too fast and many characters' deaths were unnecessary. Still quite a fun watch, but it could have been more special in the way they tied things up in the end. 7/10.
Sep 5, 2016 11:15 PM
Jul 2018
I was accepting this show good until leone died in the most stupid way after survive all that shit that happened before, geez..
Sep 13, 2016 9:53 AM

Dec 2014
I actually enjoyed this anime up to a certain point. Esdeath was my favorite character. She was strong and a good leader despite being a sadist. I soo ship her and Tatsumi and I think the way she died was fitting because Tatsumi wasn't the main character after all. Overall, I think it was worth the watch.

I have small reviews for almost ALL anime I've seen. Unlike any regular MAL page you've seen.

Ever wondering what I've watched and what I think about it? Check my List out below!

https://myanimelist.net/animelist/Iam_Jermaine
Sep 15, 2016 10:36 AM
Dec 2014
I watched this anime because I remember seeing it mentioned a few times here and there, and because noticed that the VA of one of my favourite character in a game I am currently playing also voices Akame. But I did so without ever bothered checking reviews or even the sypnosis to see what it's about. After finishing it last night, those are some of my views:

- It's pretty gory, but still a Shonen at it's core.
- I have no idea why Akame is the title character. She might be the last two standing amongst the Night Raiders, and took down the "final boss", but didn't come across as a major character.
- Most characters fall into your typical anime cliche, with little deviation from it.
- I don't mind the high casualty count, but most characters were not given enough development. The "Introduction -> Flashback -> Dead" formula is used a bit too often, and death flag pretty obvious.
- I do not mind some humour between some of the tenser moments. Between. I notice that they do it during a bit too often, and at inappropriate time. If I had to name one thing that bugs me the most, it's probably this.
- Pacing feels a bit odd.
- I usually don't like psychotic/sadistic character, but kind of gets away with it Esdeath because other than the Hero of the North, she only mistreated no-name characters, and often villainous characters on screen. Usually you only see her killing characters who are trying to kill her. And they also show you how well she treats her subordinate. The problem though, is that it is implied that she is very keen in torture, so it feels like they purposely avoided showing her more unsavoury side to make her more likeable.
- I don't need to be reminded all the time that the Pumpkin power up whenever Mine is in a pinch.
- Budou - the commander in chief - was pretty disappointing. For all the hype, Esdeath probably could've turn him into shish kebab without even resorting to her trump card.
- (Some of) the Jaegers were the only antagonist to be humanised. Most of the other baddies were pretty exaggerated in their behaviour.
- On the other hand, some of the sob stories on the Jaeger side seems a bit forced. Well, I won't hold it too much against the series, I can see that they were trying to pits grey (Night Raid) against darker grey (Jaegers).
- Can't say that I am very satisfied with the reason given for Akame and Kurome having to fight one another to the death.
- I do feel like they managed to tie everything fairly well in the end though. Well, Leone probably didn't need to take that many bullets (or even need to take any if she'd moved in faster), and I am not convinced why Akame had to pull a "Dark Knight" ending.

Overall, I think it was alright. I don't think it was that successful at doing everything it set out to do (emotional deaths, ambiguity between good vs evil etc.), but it wasn't bad either.
AxBattlerSep 15, 2016 2:29 PM
Sep 20, 2016 9:18 AM
Aug 2016
LEONNES DEATH WAS FUCKING BULLSHIT! WHY DIDNT SHE GET MEDICAL ATTENTION!?!

Anyway this ending was kinda decent, Like I said Leonnes death was bullshit! I would have rather they'd stuck to the manga, instead of coming up with its own ending, they should have come up with an original arc for the last 5 episodes, and make sure it's epic enough to close this season with a bang! Then we could get a season 2 based on the ACTUAL ending of the manga, as I LOVE THIS SERIES!

Episode: 6/10

Whole series : 8.5/10

It has some poor writing and bad tone shifts, but I love the story, animation, characters, music, the theme of morality and the whole aspect of just about ANYONE CAN DIE! This series calls for a remake, the manga is ending soon, I hope they decide to remake it.
KazumaKuzuryuOct 7, 2016 7:30 AM
Oct 30, 2016 1:48 AM

Feb 2013
I actually liked this ending for the most part, it was fun to watch. Everyone pretty much died, as expected. Esdeath's ....death was kinda dumb though. Not only did Akame pull some random powerup out of nowhere, but she was also somehow able to counter Esdeath's freeze time ability, which made no sense.

I personally liked that Esdeath got a *happy* ending though, she was a fun character and much more interesting then Akame, who imo was one of the most dull characters in this entire show.

Also Leone dying was pretty sad, but I actually liked how she died. Getting killed by the fat cowardly minister, something nobody would have ever expected, including Leone herself. Her biggest weakness was her cockiness, and she paid for it in the end sadly.

But yeah, as for the rest of the show, it was pretty good imo. It was an entertaining watch to say the least. Nothing special, but it was still really enjoyable when it came to the action and characters, with their crazy/unique abilities.

7/10
Shape430Oct 30, 2016 12:11 PM
Oct 30, 2016 1:08 PM

Apr 2013
What-the-fuck? So Leone can't even dodge a bullet shot by that fat fuck, are you freaking kidding me? That was total bullshit, she just died because "herp derp, everyone dies in the end, lul" Holy shit, this is triggering me so hard. First anime where I'm seriously lost in how to rate it...
Oct 31, 2016 4:17 PM

Nov 2015

- They give Esdeath the OP power of stopping time... How to nerf that besides the one day restriction? Let's make her use it and not kill Akame because she may or may not have seen something in the background... Really? I mean, really? That was stupid AF.

- Esdeath trying to look romantic and deep while dying and destroying herself along with Tatsumi's body... what the actual fuck?

- And of course... they could not leave leone alive could they? They had to give her a pathetic death. Seriously, the author of this wanted it to be edgy as fuck by killing everyone except the girl who has her name on the title.

- This show pains me, not because of the feels but because of how edgy it tries to be.

The level of edgy and dramatism skyrocket in this episode to facepalming levels. Lots of unnecessary deaths, excessive drama over meaningless things or things without sense. I'm sorry but this really pains me.

This show really needs a treatment to make it better. Something like Akame ga Kill: Brotherhood? jaja no really, a reboot would be perfect and this time following the manga... and removing useless fanservice.

6/10
Some episodes where 7-8/10 (first episode) and other episodes were even 4. This last episode is a mix of 6 for the fight and 4 for the edgy moments. I'm so sorry.

Akame ga Kill was not the anime it could have been, or the one I expected it to be.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Gator said:
What-the-fuck? So Leone can't even dodge a bullet shot by that fat fuck, are you freaking kidding me? That was total bullshit, she just died because "herp derp, everyone dies in the end, lul" Holy shit, this is triggering me so hard. First anime where I'm seriously lost in how to rate it...

I know the feel.
Too much BS. One thing is having the guts to kill a character, and another is this.
You know the worse part? We didn't even get Leone's backstory!
HumbertoZeroOct 31, 2016 4:28 PM
Oct 31, 2016 11:41 PM
Oct 2010
HumbertoZero said:
[size=113]
This show really needs a treatment to make it better. Something like Akame ga Kill: Brotherhood? jaja no really, a reboot would be perfect and this time following the manga... and removing useless fanservice.

Read the manga. it is somewhat better than the anime.
Nov 1, 2016 7:39 AM

Nov 2015
Thrall said:
HumbertoZero said:
[size=113]

Read the manga. it is somewhat better than the anime.

Yeah I might give it a chance. I already know where it deviated from the manga (I recognized it while watching and I got surprised when I actually was told the point of divergence) but I'd still read it from the beginning.
Pages (28) « First ... « 21 22 [23] 24 25 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 6, 2014

1213 by deanglz »»
Aug 27, 3:29 AM

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

removed-user - Nov 9, 2014

612 by C10udzTheWeeb »»
Aug 9, 4:00 AM

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 24, 2014

430 by Rizsen »»
Aug 7, 11:26 AM

» Worth watching while being spoiled?

Ghost_Davo - Jul 14

39 by did4375 »»
Jul 26, 6:31 AM

» What displeased you so much? ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Jul 6

52 by Joichi_joestar »»
Jul 24, 5:53 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.