Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 »
Dec 9, 2016 9:44 AM

Oct 2007
ssmith14377 said:

Yeah that all makes sense. But Why does Victor act differently towards Yurio than with Yuri. Victor is actually a very a very interesting guy and more manly and complex than originally thought. That's why I wanted to hear him narrate. And it is interesting to see how he wants more than just gold medals and to be on the ice. But does he really I mean really have romantic or sexual feelings towards Yuri and does Yuri actually love him too. Cuz Yuri said that he bought them just for gifts and that he just wants Victor to be Victor. IMO they won't get married or anything and I think Yuri will not win gold it would take a miracle for him to win the gold. I just want to know why Victor grabbed Yurio'a face like that and gave him that smile. Maybe I'm reading to much into things but I think there's a lot more to Victor that we don't know. So I am reallly hoping for a season 2 and more episodes about Victor. I mean he is like the second main character. Overall great show.

Victor said loud and clear that he is in love with Yuuri!
He said (ep10 beach ep4 flashback): "Yuuri gave me Life and Love, to me who never fell in love before, he gave me a brand new world".

(from here it's "I THINK..." of course)

As for Yuuri. The "gift" or the "lucky charm" thing... just by looking how nervous he was when he found the jewelry, it's more than obvious than he knew waht he was going to do! Seriously, he bought " wedding rings" not just rings! He was nervous all the time!
And he asked Victor (we didn't saw that part, but it's obvious) to do the exchange ring, in front of the Sagrada Familia, at the ring finger!!!!!!!
Victor was very surprised, looking at his hand all the time until the "it's a luck charm" and then looked at Yuuri's nervous and embarassed red face. And said something like "ok, we don't need to think about it, let's do it like it was a lucky charm" and took Yuuri's right hand (look at Yuuri's left hand trembling slightly) and did the same.
Yuuri's was really wild with the rings exchange! He probably still think that Victor will leave him soon but that ring is something he can keep all his life, and it's Victor who gave him (even if it's Yuuri who actually bought it)
Yuuri is in love with Victor, but probably somehow still in denial (maybe to protect himself if/when Victor will leave him/be back to Russia).
But Victor saying that it's an engagement ring, and that the mariage will be after the gold medal may impact Yuuri a lot! Since Victor have a total faith in Yuuri winning the GPF. Basically, Victor said to Yuuri that he want stay with him. (He used "ne Yuuri?" (isn't it Yuuri?) at the end, who is mostly used when you already know the other person is agreed with you)

Victor said that Yuuri gave him Life, I think it was really want he wanted to say. Victor (before coming ot Hasetsu) never look happy! His smiles and winks always looked forced. Even in his appartement (ep1) he was in his sofa in the dark part of his appartment and the sunlinght didn't come to him. That's subjective, but it looks like he was very depressive. During his dance with Yuuri at the party, he looks so happy (and Yuuri also).
So Yuuri really give him Life and Love!

I guess the preview about Victor is Victor being so alone, before coming to Hasetsu, probably between the party and Yuuri's "Hanarezu ni soba ni ite" dance.
And the preview about Yurio may be when he watch Yuuri's new "Eros".

As for Yurio, I absolutely don't understand this stupid kid! I can explain some part in each episode, but nothing in a whole.
Do he like or hate Victor? Yuuri? Victor/Yuuri as a couple?
At the end of ep9, it seems that he accepted Victor/Yuuri relation (love or coach ?no sure about it) because he was conforting Yuuri (and gave him russian katsudon) saying he couldn't do his best because Victor was not with him.
But in ep10, he speaks very bad about Yuuri (even if I know he speaks very bad about Yuuri mostly when Victor is around)
I think Victor is like a brother (and his idol even if he don't want to accept it, he didn't reject it in ep2). We know now that he arrive in Saint Petersburgh at 10 and he was very alone, but Victor was here, so they were together for 5 years already. He probably hates Victor for leaving him without saying anything (and as it was said before, almost ending (not official yet) his carreer.

But Yurio seems to change his mind every episode, and that is not even a tsundere level!
He looked sad watching Victor/Yuuri's joyce at ep8, but very angry after the kiss on the shoes (and on the lips also, but that part may be because Victor said that Yuuri will win in Russia)
So Yurio is a great mystery to me!

I have been shipping VictorYuuri from the beginning, and was sure about their mutual love at ep4 (with a short period of doubt at the end of ep9)

[EDIT] I want to see other's reaction about the rings! Mostly Yakow, Mickey and Sala! I guess Michele would be very happy about it ^o^ (and it may give ideas to Emil also!). But also Minami-kun, Leo, Guang-Hong and of course Yuuri's parents.
amayihDec 9, 2016 10:10 AM
Dec 9, 2016 9:55 AM
Dec 2015
Mirorin said:
The episode was a little off-key in mood here and there, but I guess with this I'm much more convinced they're official as a couple. Sexual or platonic love, I lean towards the latter.

They met at the banquet though? Guess Victor lost that dance battle lol.

I fking love Phichit. Just sayin', this damn selfie-taking cutie.
What part of it is platonic love? I swear we're not watching the same show
Dec 9, 2016 9:58 AM
Dec 2015
ssmith14377 said:
seika_e said:
why am i the only one stuck on the victor and yurio scene...i never understood their relationship

I know me to. I mean Victurri is great but why did Victor get so close to Yurio. I mean Victor is 10 years older than him but who knows I hope they touch on that more. I think they will because they made a very smart and creative episode and it linked other episodes together and tied some loose ends but also kept some open. I feel the creative team for this show is good and I expect more great things to come. And So I hope there is a season two because I have a feeling that Yuri won't win gold. I mean look at the next preview Victor was back with his poodle and looked gloomy. So will Victor compete again and will he compete against Yuri and Yurio or is Victurri a real thing. I wanted to hear Victors perspective so I'm so happy that they did his narration. I hope they do an ova on just Victor as a skater and what he really wants to do with his life. Oh man the feels
Victor got angry at him for talking trash. If you watch closely his hand is shaking while grabbing his chin, that gesture was a way for him to shut him up, simple as that
Dec 9, 2016 10:17 AM
Dec 2015
ssmith14377 said:
SleepyPancakes said:

I believe the last scene explains why Yurio was always infuriated with Victor's actions. Yurio was very envious of Victor's professional skating career and aspired to be a top figure skater like Victor, only to see him drop his entire career to coach Yuri. Victor had everything going for him, he was winning championship after championship (which was what Yuri always strive for), and he doesn't understand why Victor would turn all that down.

Though Yurio believes Victor dropped his career to coach Yuri (and hates Yuri tremendously for that reason), this episode showed that Victor was always discontent with his life off the ice. He felt empty; he had no life no love outside of skating. Which was why he felt compelled to break out of that endless cycle and thought that coaching Yuri would be a great place to start.

Yurio is very disappointed in Victor's choice of dropping/holding off his career. Yurio thought that Victor was like him where his life was solely dedicated to competing -- which links to Obatek comment on how they are both alike, they are just ice skating soldiers/machines to say the least-- only to be proven wrong.

Yeah that all makes sense. But Why does Victor act differently towards Yurio than with Yuri. Victor is actually a very a very interesting guy and more manly and complex than originally thought. That's why I wanted to hear him narrate. And it is interesting to see how he wants more than just gold medals and to be on the ice. But does he really I mean really have romantic or sexual feelings towards Yuri and does Yuri actually love him too. Cuz Yuri said that he bought them just for gifts and that he just wants Victor to be Victor. IMO they won't get married or anything and I think Yuri will not win gold it would take a miracle for him to win the gold. I just want to know why Victor grabbed Yurio'a face like that and gave him that smile. Maybe I'm reading to much into things but I think there's a lot more to Victor that we don't know. So I am reallly hoping for a season 2 and more episodes about Victor. I mean he is like the second main character. Overall great show.

The smile Victor gave Yurio was a mocking smile, he was also trying to hide his anger. Please stop reading too much into it, Victor could barely hold himself back from kicking Yurio's sour little ass. Victor LOVES Yuuri. How in the world isn't that clear? The reason he left to be his coach it's because he fell in love with him at the banquet
Dec 9, 2016 10:19 AM
Dec 2015
I hate Yurio, he's probably the only character I hate in this series. That kid deserves a spanking
Dec 9, 2016 11:57 AM

Nov 2015
JJ's girlfriend though. She's literally the hottest female character I've seen (appearance-wise). Just...dayuuum.

Congrats to Yuri and Victor on their engagement though. I lol'd hard when Phichit announced their marriage. My favorite episode so far. It solved so many mysteries lmao like how Victor even got the idea to become Yuri's coach. That was hilarious.
Dec 9, 2016 12:27 PM
Dec 2016
Like seriously?? People STILL question whether Victuuri is real or fanservice?? There is no such thing as fanservice as far as I've seen with YOI, nothing like in animes such as Free! or KnB, where all you get is clearly fanservice!!

What do people need more to "confirm" it? I mean, seriously, kissing is not enough, confession is not enough, ring exchange is not enough. Do you guys want them to make out right in front of your eyes?? LOL
Dec 9, 2016 1:00 PM

Aug 2016
kono_baka said:
Do you guys want them to make out right in front of your eyes??

... actually yes.
Dec 9, 2016 2:10 PM
Jul 2016
Jonouchi-Katsuya said:
Cat_S said:
Am I really the only one that has been shipping victuri since episode 1? The first scene is Victor skating alone for Yuuri and he's smiling. I didnt even knew their names and I went "oh boy is this going gay even before the opening". Watch that scene go full circle I'm calling it right now)

It will be either:
1) yuuri and victor skating together to "stay close to me (duet version)"
2) only victor skating to said song while yuuri is watching

And the OP with that song "dancing on the blades you set my heart on fire"
The ED song is also lovely and pretty damn romantic/motivational.

Just...the whole feel of it and how everything keeps being connected with previous events the forshadow is strong as hell nothing that happens is random and out of place. I wasn't surprised with the kiss I already knew something huge was going to happen. I wasn't 100% ready for actual engagement plus a major plot twist which is great the creators actually caught me with that.

Episode 10 might be a filler but jesus christ...it changed everything, as soon as I heard Victor gasp with drunk messy Yuuri in his arms my heart hurt so much it's deeper than I thought and I'm in such a state of "wow".

Keep being negative or trying to be edgy for lols this anime is beautiful I don't even know if something this good is going to happen again I don't feel like watching anything else right now YOI destroyed my filthy casual watcher ass.

Also, the creator tweeted that the YOI universe is a safe place for us and it's the only thing she's going to defend until the very end to keep it that way.

I love everything about this anime and you negative fucks are not going to change that.

No you aren't. I was reluctant to believe it would happen though until episode 3 though. Mostly because I have been fooled so many times.

That's true while I knew it was going to happen I had always a tiny bit of doubt, but you know what's funny? I would always started changing my mind after reading some non believers comments and posts. Negativity is too strong.smh

I just wanted to add that I'm using YOI to come out as Bi to my mother so far she's taking it fine. She's 63 and doesn't really understand why but has some negative bias from all the crap she gets from her tradicional christian parents/friends, but god...she adores yuuri and victor we talk about it everyday it's cute!
Dec 9, 2016 2:57 PM
Oct 2016
Ah I loved Viktor's narration this ep it was so good.
After episode 9 I jokingly said to a friend what if they do get married and their first dance is a paired skating routine at the end of the season.... and now the proposal actually happened and I really want my fantasy to happen even if its unlikely!
Either way I'm so made up for Viktor and Yuuri and can't wait for the competition next week, it's gonna be super intense \(*^▽^*)/
Dec 9, 2016 3:34 PM

May 2014
This episode, as well as that wonderful special ed were just pure gold! A really great change of pace and I actually found myself getting a little sad there at the end, knowing it'll all be over in two weeks ;_;

Otabek and Yuri's unexpected friendship was funny as hell too, and I was so happy we got Viktor narrating an episode.

Also, I really do love Chris so I'm happy he got some screentime this ep. Absolutely loved how they used "Intoxicated" as his theme. Ups the sass even more.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 9, 2016 3:37 PM
Dec 2016
I need to hear more discussion and theories about the Yurio and Victor scene!! I'm so curious about that one. I have my own little theory, but still confused and not sure what to think, and nobody else seems to be thinking what I'm thinking. Can't wait for the last two episodes to tell me more about Yurio especially, he's my favourite and his motives are such a mystery...

Like many have said, the reason for his anger might be because Victor is quitting... but I recently watched some early episodes, and (correct me if I'm wrong) Yurio kind of acted like he wouldn't care if Victor quit. I remember him saying he wished to get Victor's coreography for himself if Victor retired. How would Victor even compete if he was coaching Yurio, anyway?... Well, maybe he was only thinking Victor was taking some time off instead of completely retiring, idk. But he also denied wanting to compete against Victor in ep 10. Could be lying, but he didn't really seem like that to me...

And for my theory, I'm thinking Yurio might be having feelings... for the other Yuri. Wouldn't that be a plot twist? Came to my mind when Yurio was walking away from Victor and Victor thought, "Yuri, you might not realise this, but many others besides me got their L words (life and love) from you". With that, did he mean Yurio? I also think it's cute how both Yurio and Victor are reminded of Hasetsu when looking at the sea. (Was Hasetsu the place where Yuri lives and all three were together? I can't remember)
If my theory is true, the reason for his anger of Victor and Yuri's relationship could be explained with jealousy. Opinions? Sorry for such a long comment.
Dec 9, 2016 3:49 PM
Sep 2015
Meanwhile, I was expecting Victor to make an entrance

Dec 9, 2016 4:34 PM
Apr 2016
ilver said:
I need to hear more discussion and theories about the Yurio and Victor scene!! I'm so curious about that one. I have my own little theory, but still confused and not sure what to think, and nobody else seems to be thinking what I'm thinking. Can't wait for the last two episodes to tell me more about Yurio especially, he's my favourite and his motives are such a mystery...

Like many have said, the reason for his anger might be because Victor is quitting... but I recently watched some early episodes, and (correct me if I'm wrong) Yurio kind of acted like he wouldn't care if Victor quit. I remember him saying he wished to get Victor's coreography for himself if Victor retired. How would Victor even compete if he was coaching Yurio, anyway?... Well, maybe he was only thinking Victor was taking some time off instead of completely retiring, idk. But he also denied wanting to compete against Victor in ep 10. Could be lying, but he didn't really seem like that to me...

And for my theory, I'm thinking Yurio might be having feelings... for the other Yuri. Wouldn't that be a plot twist? Came to my mind when Yurio was walking away from Victor and Victor thought, "Yuri, you might not realise this, but many others besides me got their L words (life and love) from you". With that, did he mean Yurio? I also think it's cute how both Yurio and Victor are reminded of Hasetsu when looking at the sea. (Was Hasetsu the place where Yuri lives and all three were together? I can't remember)
If my theory is true, the reason for his anger of Victor and Yuri's relationship could be explained with jealousy. Opinions? Sorry for such a long comment.

I think he's simply angry at Yuri and Victors relationship because it made Victor forget his promise to choreograph a routine for him and made Victor travel to Japan to coach Yuri rather than continue guiding him.

We see early on that Victor does critique Yurios routines and likely guides him to some extent. But then at the banquet Yuri comes in, beats Yurio in a dance off and entrances Victor with, essentially, his sex appeal. Victor loses focus on his skating career, and ends up travelling to Japan without fulfilling his promises to Yurio.

Yurio travels to Japan to chase him up and here's where things take a turn for the worse for him. Not only does he lose in the exact same way (Victor is entranced by Yuri's sex appeal) but with what we learn at the end of episode 10 the entire competition could have been nothing more than Victor trying to bring out the Yuri at the banquet that swooned him, without really caring about Yurios presence at all. Look how desperate Yurio was to dance Eros- he knows exactly what will happen if Yuri skates that routine for Victor.

I found it interesting that Yurio actually bonded with Yuri only when Victor was no longer present. I think he's mainly angry at Victor. Angry at him for forgetting his promise, angry at him for being distracted by Yuri, and angry at him for what he potentially views as a farce at Ice skate Hatetsu that he never had a chance of winning due to Victors bias. I think he insulted Yuri to Victors face solely to get a rise out of him, and it seemed to work.
IanamusDec 9, 2016 4:38 PM
Dec 9, 2016 4:59 PM
Mar 2014
ilver said:

I personally think Yurio's behaviour stems from a selfishness to be the best and have Victor teach him. I mean, technically Yurio is sort of seen as the "next Victor" to the people of Russia. He has a fan club, won big in the junior division and people were saying he would be the next big champion.

I think Yurio somehow got in his head that if/when Victor retired he would train him and help him become the best of the best. I feel Yurio almost felt entitled to that. Victor promised him a routine, but it's obvious from his demanded prize at the first skate-off ("Come back to Russia and be my coach") that Yurio wanted more, almost expected that the great Victor would pass on his knowledge to the next best candidate (him).

But then Victor flies off to coach Yuri instead and I think that made Yurio lose it and become super jealous. He probably didn't understand why Victor would throw everything into a skater Yurio saw as sub-par compared to himself. I really think that Yurio twisted his thoughts into a, "If I beat this pig, Victor will see that he was wrong to train him instead of me and will come back to Russia after the Grand Prix and train me like he was always meant to". But then Victor changes and Yurio starts to doubt this idea. And then, the cherry on the cake, Victor shows everyone the rings, and I think Yurio knew then that Victor wasn't coming back, that he never planned to be his coach, and that he never stood a chance of getting what he wanted.

Enter the beach scene. Yurio finds Victor admiring his ring, claims that he's "dead" and insults Yuri for good measure. I think his line was basically saying, "You've disappointed me in every way possible, so I'm going to beat that person you gave up everything for to prove that you're an idiot for ever thinking it was a good idea." It's immature and very selfish, but Yurio's always kind of been that way and needs to learn a bit of humility, that everything isn't always going to go his way, and that just because you're the "best" at something that not everyone has to drop what they're doing to please you. It's why I'm hoping he doesn't place in these upcoming finals, but finds consolation in Yakov, Lilia, his friends and Otabek (whom I also don't think is going to place for the exact purpose of showing Yurio that winning isn't everything; rather, having passion and fun is far more important).

Just my take though.
Dec 9, 2016 5:28 PM
Dec 2016
@Ianamus @CarrotSaysYum Yeah, your explanations sound pretty believable to me, that's probably what's going on...

I'm still wondering about what Victor thought about the L words in the beach scene though. Or am I the only one who thinks that was related to the conversation with Yurio? Or that it's anything important?
Dec 9, 2016 7:11 PM
Aug 2012
For reminder,Yurio is 15 years old ! 15 YEARS OLD!
Remember how rebellious you guys can be at that age,and if something doesn't go your way,you just get boom!

You just can't expect Yurio to be considerate ,it is what he is ,immature.Time will do the reform.

P/S:I don't think I need to say about the RINGS & DRUNKARD cause all my mind were spoken on the internet already XD
Dec 9, 2016 7:31 PM
Dec 2016
ssmith14377 said:
SleepyPancakes said:

I believe the last scene explains why Yurio was always infuriated with Victor's actions. Yurio was very envious of Victor's professional skating career and aspired to be a top figure skater like Victor, only to see him drop his entire career to coach Yuri. Victor had everything going for him, he was winning championship after championship (which was what Yuri always strive for), and he doesn't understand why Victor would turn all that down.

Though Yurio believes Victor dropped his career to coach Yuri (and hates Yuri tremendously for that reason), this episode showed that Victor was always discontent with his life off the ice. He felt empty; he had no life no love outside of skating. Which was why he felt compelled to break out of that endless cycle and thought that coaching Yuri would be a great place to start.

Yurio is very disappointed in Victor's choice of dropping/holding off his career. Yurio thought that Victor was like him where his life was solely dedicated to competing -- which links to Obatek comment on how they are both alike, they are just ice skating soldiers/machines to say the least-- only to be proven wrong.

In that particular scene, I feel that Victor saw a bit of his old self in Yurio. He understands Yurio's desire to win and compete, but at the same time, he knows that if he explains why he chose to coach Yuri or to leave Yurio will not accept his reasoning (for life and love). Yurio is young and has no thoughts on life and love at the moment. Victor does not appreciate Yurio degrading his student and grabs him out of impulse, but knowing Yurio won't accept his explanation, he just ponders at him with a bittersweet look. Something along the lines of "Oh you young Padawan, you will understand (life, love) one day. I understand your thirst to win but no need for such petty words." Honestly, Victor had such emotionally maturity and physical control in that scene that I cannot even. I would've slapped Yurio and all hell let loose if I were in his shoes.

Yurio's frustration is understandable. Yurio hates loosing and that personal competition with Yuri deeply wounded his pride. With Victor as his coach, he would of undeniably excelled further than Yuri. To Yurio, Victor has lost his privileges as an ice skater (for not retiring honorably) therefore Yurio doesn't treat him with the respect he did prior to Victor coaching Yuri.

Note: When Yurio kicks him in the back and says Victor Nikiforov is dead, I think it was a metaphor for Victor Nikiforov, the ice skater (RIP to his ice skating career). In addition, with Yurio lighthearted compliment on the scenery, it shows that Yurio finally accepts Victor's decision to stay off the ice (though he still doesn't understand why) and that he will not bring it up anymore.

Though Yurio is a very hot-tempered teenager, I'm surprised he is a very forgiving person. (He gave Yuri his precious pirozhkis, didn't hold it against Victor that he forgot his promise to choreograph for him, and lets Victor do as he pleases with him though he still complains about it from time to time).

As for Victor treating Yurio differently than Yuri, I don't think Victor ever treated Yurio with any malice. Victor and Yurio have been under the same coach for awhile now and I think they had plenty of opportunities to get to know each other. Their relationship had been a friendly, yet professional one. However, Victor's only introduction to Yuri before arriving in Japan was his striptease at the banquet. Ultimately, Victor gives more attention to Yuri because he, is first and foremost, his coach and second, because of curiosity (he's still trying to get to know Yuri better). You have to admit Yuri wasn't the type to open up to someone immediately and it took a lot of effort for Victor to get Yuri to do so. In regards to their relationship, I like how the anime keeps it open for interpretation. So let people believe what they believe, there is no harm in differing opinions...well that is until you hold it against someone. As for me, I don't mind it swinging either way.
Dec 9, 2016 8:15 PM
Mar 2016
SleepyPancakes said:
ssmith14377 said:

In that particular scene, I feel that Victor saw a bit of his old self in Yurio. He understands Yurio's desire to win and compete, but at the same time, he knows that if he explains why he chose to coach Yuri or to leave Yurio will not accept his reasoning (for life and love). Yurio is young and has no thoughts on life and love at the moment. Victor does not appreciate Yurio degrading his student and grabs him out of impulse, but knowing Yurio won't accept his explanation, he just ponders at him with a bittersweet look. Something along the lines of "Oh you young Padawan, you will understand (life, love) one day. I understand your thirst to win but no need for such petty words." Honestly, Victor had such emotionally maturity and physical control in that scene that I cannot even. I would've slapped Yurio and all hell let loose if I were in his shoes.

Yurio's frustration is understandable. Yurio hates loosing and that personal competition with Yuri deeply wounded his pride. With Victor as his coach, he would of undeniably excelled further than Yuri. To Yurio, Victor has lost his privileges as an ice skater (for not retiring honorably) therefore Yurio doesn't treat him with the respect he did prior to Victor coaching Yuri.

Note: When Yurio kicks him in the back and says Victor Nikiforov is dead, I think it was a metaphor for Victor Nikiforov, the ice skater (RIP to his ice skating career). In addition, with Yurio lighthearted compliment on the scenery, it shows that Yurio finally accepts Victor's decision to stay off the ice (though he still doesn't understand why) and that he will not bring it up anymore.

Though Yurio is a very hot-tempered teenager, I'm surprised he is a very forgiving person. (He gave Yuri his precious pirozhkis, didn't hold it against Victor that he forgot his promise to choreograph for him, and lets Victor do as he pleases with him though he still complains about it from time to time).

As for Victor treating Yurio differently than Yuri, I don't think Victor ever treated Yurio with any malice. Victor and Yurio have been under the same coach for awhile now and I think they had plenty of opportunities to get to know each other. Their relationship had been a friendly, yet professional one. However, Victor's only introduction to Yuri before arriving in Japan was his striptease at the banquet. Ultimately, Victor gives more attention to Yuri because he, is first and foremost, his coach and second, because of curiosity (he's still trying to get to know Yuri better). You have to admit Yuri wasn't the type to open up to someone immediately and it took a lot of effort for Victor to get Yuri to do so. In regards to their relationship, I like how the anime keeps it open for interpretation. So let people believe what they believe, there is no harm in differing opinions...well that is until you hold it against someone. As for me, I don't mind it swinging either way.

Very nice intellect. I'm 19 so I guess I don't reallly see it as Victor looking at Yurio as a child who doesn't know life yet. I just thought there were deeper feelings there. But what you said makes sense. Thanks for the input.
Dec 9, 2016 8:22 PM
Mar 2016
Angelbeam19 said:
ssmith14377 said:

The smile Victor gave Yurio was a mocking smile, he was also trying to hide his anger. Please stop reading too much into it, Victor could barely hold himself back from kicking Yurio's sour little ass. Victor LOVES Yuuri. How in the world isn't that clear? The reason he left to be his coach it's because he fell in love with him at the banquet

I can see that. I just don't know if I can truly believe that Victor will marry Yuri. He was pretty serious in the last episode at least more serious than he has been. Like I said we saw a different side of him. I think he's more interesting than Yuri now but that might be because we already know a lot about Yuri. I don't know. This episode tied some loose ends but opened up even more.
Dec 9, 2016 8:29 PM
Mar 2016
amayih said:
ssmith14377 said:

Victor said loud and clear that he is in love with Yuuri!
He said (ep10 beach ep4 flashback): "Yuuri gave me Life and Love, to me who never fell in love before, he gave me a brand new world".

(from here it's "I THINK..." of course)

As for Yuuri. The "gift" or the "lucky charm" thing... just by looking how nervous he was when he found the jewelry, it's more than obvious than he knew waht he was going to do! Seriously, he bought " wedding rings" not just rings! He was nervous all the time!
And he asked Victor (we didn't saw that part, but it's obvious) to do the exchange ring, in front of the Sagrada Familia, at the ring finger!!!!!!!
Victor was very surprised, looking at his hand all the time until the "it's a luck charm" and then looked at Yuuri's nervous and embarassed red face. And said something like "ok, we don't need to think about it, let's do it like it was a lucky charm" and took Yuuri's right hand (look at Yuuri's left hand trembling slightly) and did the same.
Yuuri's was really wild with the rings exchange! He probably still think that Victor will leave him soon but that ring is something he can keep all his life, and it's Victor who gave him (even if it's Yuuri who actually bought it)
Yuuri is in love with Victor, but probably somehow still in denial (maybe to protect himself if/when Victor will leave him/be back to Russia).
But Victor saying that it's an engagement ring, and that the mariage will be after the gold medal may impact Yuuri a lot! Since Victor have a total faith in Yuuri winning the GPF. Basically, Victor said to Yuuri that he want stay with him. (He used "ne Yuuri?" (isn't it Yuuri?) at the end, who is mostly used when you already know the other person is agreed with you)

Victor said that Yuuri gave him Life, I think it was really want he wanted to say. Victor (before coming ot Hasetsu) never look happy! His smiles and winks always looked forced. Even in his appartement (ep1) he was in his sofa in the dark part of his appartment and the sunlinght didn't come to him. That's subjective, but it looks like he was very depressive. During his dance with Yuuri at the party, he looks so happy (and Yuuri also).
So Yuuri really give him Life and Love!

I guess the preview about Victor is Victor being so alone, before coming to Hasetsu, probably between the party and Yuuri's "Hanarezu ni soba ni ite" dance.
And the preview about Yurio may be when he watch Yuuri's new "Eros".

As for Yurio, I absolutely don't understand this stupid kid! I can explain some part in each episode, but nothing in a whole.
Do he like or hate Victor? Yuuri? Victor/Yuuri as a couple?
At the end of ep9, it seems that he accepted Victor/Yuuri relation (love or coach ?no sure about it) because he was conforting Yuuri (and gave him russian katsudon) saying he couldn't do his best because Victor was not with him.
But in ep10, he speaks very bad about Yuuri (even if I know he speaks very bad about Yuuri mostly when Victor is around)
I think Victor is like a brother (and his idol even if he don't want to accept it, he didn't reject it in ep2). We know now that he arrive in Saint Petersburgh at 10 and he was very alone, but Victor was here, so they were together for 5 years already. He probably hates Victor for leaving him without saying anything (and as it was said before, almost ending (not official yet) his carreer.

But Yurio seems to change his mind every episode, and that is not even a tsundere level!
He looked sad watching Victor/Yuuri's joyce at ep8, but very angry after the kiss on the shoes (and on the lips also, but that part may be because Victor said that Yuuri will win in Russia)
So Yurio is a great mystery to me!

I have been shipping VictorYuuri from the beginning, and was sure about their mutual love at ep4 (with a short period of doubt at the end of ep9)

[EDIT] I want to see other's reaction about the rings! Mostly Yakow, Mickey and Sala! I guess Michele would be very happy about it ^o^ (and it may give ideas to Emil also!). But also Minami-kun, Leo, Guang-Hong and of course Yuuri's parents.

Yeah I don't know maybe this is a really a yoi anime. I hope they uncover more things in the last two episodes. The marriage thing. I don't know. Victor was smiling but it didn't look very serious. This is my guess. Yuri will place in the top three but I don't think gold. And Victor will announce what he will do cuz finals will be over. And Victor will most likely compete against Yuri if Yuri continues to skate and if there is going to be a season 2 at all.
Dec 9, 2016 8:41 PM

Jan 2014
I can't believe there are still people trying to deny their romantic relationship.

Victor and Yuri are in love.

They love each other.

They kissed.

They're engaged.

DO LGB+ CHARACTERS HAVE TO HAVE SEX ON SCREEN FOR PEOPLE TO GET IT THROUGH THEIR THICK SKULLS?

Idiots aside, I love this anime so much. I honestly thought it'd just be queerbait at first but I have never been so happily surprised in my life. Hopefully since Yuri on Ice!! is getting good ratings that other anime will follow its lead and stop with queerbaiting too.
Dec 9, 2016 8:47 PM
Jun 2016
Jotakak said:
I can't believe there are still people trying to deny their romantic relationship.

Victor and Yuri are in love.

They love each other.

They kissed.

They're engaged.

DO LGB+ CHARACTERS HAVE TO HAVE SEX ON SCREEN FOR PEOPLE TO GET IT THROUGH THEIR THICK SKULLS?

Idiots aside, I love this anime so much. I honestly thought it'd just be queerbait at first but I have never been so happily surprised in my life. Hopefully since Yuri on Ice!! is getting good ratings that other anime will follow its lead and stop with queerbaiting too.

I think alot are like me :> they WANT it it, but are still unsure :> I'm leaning at thsi point to it beint 40% engagement, and 60% victor's proposing to Yuri a sort of :> I know you want it, so I'm putting you on the spot ;>
Dec 9, 2016 9:15 PM
Feb 2010
I swear this anime shows us #nohomo moments. It's just #bromance
like...

Yuuri's "Who am I dancing for? I know who. I want to become most beautiful woman who seduce a man. I’m the only one who can satisfy Viktor. I’m the only one in the whole world who knows Viktor’s love"

Love confession on National TV

Their kiss on National TV too

Their "Pls take care of me till I retire" and "I hope you'd never retire (cuz I want to stay with you forever -- whispering, only me who can hear it I swear)"

Also...their "lucky charms" rings, that they have to put it on their Ring finger, on Church...lmao..(why Church? whyyy? LoL)

Yeah...#nohomo, bro... #nohomo ╮(╯▽╰)╭
Dec 9, 2016 10:19 PM
Dec 2016
CarrotSaysYum said:
ilver said:

I personally think Yurio's behaviour stems from a selfishness to be the best and have Victor teach him. I mean, technically Yurio is sort of seen as the "next Victor" to the people of Russia. He has a fan club, won big in the junior division and people were saying he would be the next big champion.

I think Yurio somehow got in his head that if/when Victor retired he would train him and help him become the best of the best. I feel Yurio almost felt entitled to that. Victor promised him a routine, but it's obvious from his demanded prize at the first skate-off ("Come back to Russia and be my coach") that Yurio wanted more, almost expected that the great Victor would pass on his knowledge to the next best candidate (him).

But then Victor flies off to coach Yuri instead and I think that made Yurio lose it and become super jealous. He probably didn't understand why Victor would throw everything into a skater Yurio saw as sub-par compared to himself. I really think that Yurio twisted his thoughts into a, "If I beat this pig, Victor will see that he was wrong to train him instead of me and will come back to Russia after the Grand Prix and train me like he was always meant to". But then Victor changes and Yurio starts to doubt this idea. And then, the cherry on the cake, Victor shows everyone the rings, and I think Yurio knew then that Victor wasn't coming back, that he never planned to be his coach, and that he never stood a chance of getting what he wanted.

Enter the beach scene. Yurio finds Victor admiring his ring, claims that he's "dead" and insults Yuri for good measure. I think his line was basically saying, "You've disappointed me in every way possible, so I'm going to beat that person you gave up everything for to prove that you're an idiot for ever thinking it was a good idea." It's immature and very selfish, but Yurio's always kind of been that way and needs to learn a bit of humility, that everything isn't always going to go his way, and that just because you're the "best" at something that not everyone has to drop what they're doing to please you. It's why I'm hoping he doesn't place in these upcoming finals, but finds consolation in Yakov, Lilia, his friends and Otabek (whom I also don't think is going to place for the exact purpose of showing Yurio that winning isn't everything; rather, having passion and fun is far more important).

Just my take though.

Great input! This sums up Yurio's personality quite nicely. His immaturity and selfishness is appropriate for his age. At times, you forget he is the youngest out of the bunch and hasn't had the time emotionally develop. He is a great foil character that highlights Yuri's strengths and weaknesses (notably Yuri's low self-esteem).
Dec 9, 2016 10:36 PM

Jan 2010
!!!!!!!!!!!!!! All my dreams have come true!!! By far the best episode!!! Oh gosh, that ending!!! I'm literally in tears right now XD
"Do you have any idea how stupid we are? Don't underestimate us!"
-Gintama
Dec 10, 2016 1:39 AM
Jan 2011
I. Can't. Suppress. My. Screams. of. Happiness!!!

I ALSO DARE ANYONE TO DENY VIKTOR/YURI AS CANON NOW. HA HA HA YES I'M TALKING TO YOU THOSE BLIND PEOPLE WHO KEPT SAYING THIS WAS QUEER BAITING!
Dec 10, 2016 2:24 AM

Sep 2010
dinokip said:
kono_baka said:
Do you guys want them to make out right in front of your eyes??

... actually yes.

but of course we do ;P
Dec 10, 2016 3:15 AM

Jun 2011
Mirai-Nyan said:
So they were not really engaged,
I hyped for nothing lol
although I'm not Fujoshi but I'm really in love with yuuri victor's relationship <3

Soooo... you are just going to believe those Chrunchy subtitles which have been notoriously mistranslating every instance where Yuri has said something ambiguous in an attempt to just soften people to him on his relationship with Victor? Regardless of imagery? And what the receipt said?
The anime community in a nutshell.
Dec 10, 2016 3:28 AM

Apr 2009
I think even scene like that wouldn't convince "bro army"
Dec 10, 2016 5:31 AM

Dec 2012
It was a refreshing episode with several funny moments :). Good job for the rings, now I'm waiting to see his best performance.
Dec 10, 2016 6:42 AM

Aug 2015
Jonouchi-Katsuya said:
Mirai-Nyan said:
So they were not really engaged,
I hyped for nothing lol
although I'm not Fujoshi but I'm really in love with yuuri victor's relationship <3

Soooo... you are just going to believe those Chrunchy subtitles which have been notoriously mistranslating every instance where Yuri has said something ambiguous in an attempt to just soften people to him on his relationship with Victor? Regardless of imagery? And what the receipt said?

It was not about subtitles, I actually have some Japanese and There was nothing really said neither by victor nor Yuri being in a serious Shounen Ai relationship.
When all of them were at the restaurant and Pitchet-kun said what he'd said, Victor was just trying to encourage yuuri before the competition.
Ara Ara~
Dec 10, 2016 7:26 AM

Sep 2014
I feel like a lot of people are underestimating the conflict in Victor and Yuuri's relationship. Yuuri constantly has to justify his own actions because he doesn't want to get *too* close to Victor out of fear that he's aiming too high and that Victor only flirts with him to encourage him. He doesn't want to be left alone once he retires. All signs point to Yuuri loving Victor, but he still is confused about what romantic love feels like. The rings implied that he wants to go further, but he doesn't want to over-complicate his life, so he awkwardly rationalized the purchase.

Meanwhile, Victor is probably scared for very similar reasons. Since he has been pining for Yuuri since the banquet, and Yuuri often pushes him away, he probably feels like his feelings are one-sided too. He could feel like he is being used just so that Yuuri can improve his skating enough to win the GPF. I believe that Victor told Yuuri back in episode 9 that he doesn't want him to retire because, after that, Victor feels like he won't have a role in Yuuri's life anymore.

Basically, everything in canon has pointed to their feelings for each other being canon, but they aren't together yet like I've seen so many people assuming. They are just both very confused about how the other one feels due to Yuuri not remembering the banquet. Their relationship development is all out-of-sync because Victor became Yuuri's coach assuming that Yuuri was more familiar with him than he actually was.
RariettyDec 10, 2016 7:29 AM
Dec 10, 2016 7:28 AM

Apr 2008
Victor's reaction to Yuuri drunkenly asking him to be his coach is everything. *crosses fingers forever for a second season!!!*
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 10, 2016 7:44 AM
Apr 2014
I thought Yurio's voice is familiar but I didn't bother checking until this episode.

Damn, no wonder I kept on saying this Yurio sounds abit like Ikuya from Free Starting Days.

I like when episodes contains Yurio. Lol.
Dec 10, 2016 7:59 AM

Feb 2016
Nope, not falling for that bait.

Next is the finals. I truly hope, they've got the budget for the art, animation, EVERYTHING, like in the first three episodes.
All people have their own sh*t tastes, therefore, there are no sh*t tastes, since everything is equally sh*t.

A VERY LOGICAL
PHILOSOPHY
Dec 10, 2016 11:12 AM

Feb 2015
Quality wasn't the best as usual (compared to first episode), but this was really relaxing and my favorite so far. At one moment I forgot that I'm watching sports anime. xD I love how characters feel so real. Wish there is less fanservice though.

Dec 10, 2016 12:31 PM

Aug 2013
This show has gradually evolved into a homosexual romance story, which I find a little jarring, given that I started with the impression that it's going to be a lot more about ice-skating than what has been shown so far.

That said, I'm still somewhat enjoying the chemistry between Yuri and Viktor.
Dec 10, 2016 2:31 PM
Dec 2016
Rarietty said:
I feel like a lot of people are underestimating the conflict in Victor and Yuuri's relationship. Yuuri constantly has to justify his own actions because he doesn't want to get *too* close to Victor out of fear that he's aiming too high and that Victor only flirts with him to encourage him. He doesn't want to be left alone once he retires. All signs point to Yuuri loving Victor, but he still is confused about what romantic love feels like. The rings implied that he wants to go further, but he doesn't want to over-complicate his life, so he awkwardly rationalized the purchase.

Meanwhile, Victor is probably scared for very similar reasons. Since he has been pining for Yuuri since the banquet, and Yuuri often pushes him away, he probably feels like his feelings are one-sided too. He could feel like he is being used just so that Yuuri can improve his skating enough to win the GPF. I believe that Victor told Yuuri back in episode 9 that he doesn't want him to retire because, after that, Victor feels like he won't have a role in Yuuri's life anymore.

Basically, everything in canon has pointed to their feelings for each other being canon, but they aren't together yet like I've seen so many people assuming. They are just both very confused about how the other one feels due to Yuuri not remembering the banquet. Their relationship development is all out-of-sync because Victor became Yuuri's coach assuming that Yuuri was more familiar with him than he actually was.

Awesome insight. I can definitely see how their relationship is progressing out of sync because of Yuri forgetting about the banquet experience. In a way, I like how the anime isn't afraid of portraying how vulnerable their relationship is, which is very true and relatable in new and budding relationships.
Dec 10, 2016 2:42 PM

Feb 2014
From Yuri and Victor's proposal to Yuri and Otabek unusual bonding, it was a fantastic and hilarious episode. The whole scene of Yuri and Victor of being together and wearing their proposal rings made the episode priceless. It was super sweet and beautiful.

Phitchit was being the typical fanboy of Victuuri

Chris being Chris

Victor's narration was nice for a change

Yurio made a friend for the first time

That ending left me speechless

I love drunk Yuri

10/10
Cartoons and anime is my reality.
Dec 10, 2016 4:15 PM
Apr 2016
Ianamus said:
ilver said:

I think he's simply angry at Yuri and Victors relationship because it made Victor forget his promise to choreograph a routine for him and made Victor travel to Japan to coach Yuri rather than continue guiding him.

We see early on that Victor does critique Yurios routines and likely guides him to some extent. But then at the banquet Yuri comes in, beats Yurio in a dance off and entrances Victor with, essentially, his sex appeal. Victor loses focus on his skating career, and ends up travelling to Japan without fulfilling his promises to Yurio.

Yurio travels to Japan to chase him up and here's where things take a turn for the worse for him. Not only does he lose in the exact same way (Victor is entranced by Yuri's sex appeal) but with what we learn at the end of episode 10 the entire competition could have been nothing more than Victor trying to bring out the Yuri at the banquet that swooned him, without really caring about Yurios presence at all. Look how desperate Yurio was to dance Eros- he knows exactly what will happen if Yuri skates that routine for Victor.

I found it interesting that Yurio actually bonded with Yuri only when Victor was no longer present. I think he's mainly angry at Victor. Angry at him for forgetting his promise, angry at him for being distracted by Yuri, and angry at him for what he potentially views as a farce at Ice skate Hatetsu that he never had a chance of winning due to Victors bias. I think he insulted Yuri to Victors face solely to get a rise out of him, and it seemed to work.

I couldn't agree more.
I think Yuri is angry at Victor. Angry at his relationship to Yuuri and angry that Victor is cheering on Yuuri for gold, like he believes more in him than in Yurio.
Angry that he still likes Yuuri and is rooting for him despite all that.
And for me, Victor's reaction was all anger and nothing more. That smile was the kind he gave Yuuri when he tried to skip practice, the kind of smile that he hides behind when he's taking none of your shit and you're gong to go down.
It was a great scene. I love some Yurio chracter development :)
Dec 10, 2016 5:22 PM

Oct 2009
Trance said:
JJ's girlfriend though. She's literally the hottest female character I've seen (appearance-wise). Just...dayuuum.

Sala and Mila are freakin steming hot too.
I have to say this as a bisexual; this anime visually pleases me a lot. Victor is incredible beautiful, Yuri looks rly good without his glasses, I just wish they would show the girls a tiny lil bit more ^^ Mila reminds me a lot of Yukina from Koutetsujou no Kabaneri, an athletic redhead, it just seems Yukina was more of a "cool" character type.
Dec 10, 2016 5:24 PM
Apr 2016
I came to this anime for fanservice and I got exactly what I wanted. Enough said.
Dec 10, 2016 6:15 PM
Oct 2015
Yessssss!!! I have been WAITING for this!!!!
Dec 10, 2016 6:21 PM

Dec 2008
I knew that they were going to do something like this but I didn't expect it to be this crazy...

Stripper poles? I'm out, LOL
Dec 10, 2016 8:31 PM

Jun 2013
Russian Yuri's so savage, he wanted to call his fans ugly. Good thing, his coach restrained him. Then he gets angry when someone else calls his fans ugly. Hahah. Well, no fucking duh, he's clearly the most beautiful girl in this series.

I wish Russian Yuri was the MC, Japanese Yuri is boring the fuck out of me. He's such a stereotypical shoujo character doubting his ability, acting all timid and he needs to be bitch slapped. The only time I liked him was when he got pissed and angry at Viktor when Viktor asked if he had a girlfriend. I want to see more attitude from Japanese Yuri and stop being such a stereotypical, submissive doormat.

Usually, "cool" guys like Otabek annoy me when they're seemingly out of place but he's actually really refreshing considering that 90% of the cast act like a bunch of prepubescent girls who got their first make-up set.

They're engaged now. How nice. Watching this would be a waste of time if Viktor and Japanese Yuri didn't have a scene of them blowing and anally fucking each other.

I also think it's funny that the people saying they don't see any BL or yaoi in it aren't even gay/bisexual, etc. I'm gay and I see the gayness in it.
臭い-
Dec 11, 2016 3:47 AM
May 2016
I really feel bad for yurio
Dec 11, 2016 12:36 PM
Feb 2015
I hope they finally become fckin canon, because this ambigiou wording is gettin on my nerves, jesus christ, it's frustating.
Dec 11, 2016 1:59 PM
Nov 2016
I'm surprised no one is talking about Phichit's reaction to the rings.
 I thought it interesting how he didn't even ask if they were a thing but jumped straight to the conclusion that Victor and Yuuri were engaged...
I mean that would be a pretty strange conclusion to come to if Victor and Yuuri had just a platonic Coach - Student relationship right?
Dec 11, 2016 2:23 PM

Apr 2016
The end of this episode is hilarious, it brings the story in a new light, its music is great and totally on point.

Maybe the highlight of the whole show.

I guess a lot of love stories began with this kind of "I got drunk and then ..."
Pages (9) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yuri!!! on Ice Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 19, 2016

289 by RGreatDanton »»
May 21, 9:49 PM

Poll: » Yuri!!! on Ice Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 12, 2016

206 by RGreatDanton »»
May 21, 9:00 AM

Poll: » Yuri!!! on Ice Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 5, 2016

386 by RGreatDanton »»
May 21, 8:48 AM

» Movie got cancelled ( 1 2 )

Hickykissy - Apr 18

57 by LaGata7 »»
May 6, 5:36 PM

» Mappa's insane missed oppurtunity...

jotasui - Aug 10, 2023

17 by Niko_himari »»
May 1, 11:40 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.