Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Apr 29, 2020 1:28 AM

Sep 2019
I'm not fond of watching natori getting attention but I'm not against it either.
May 21, 2020 2:01 AM

Nov 2014
So young Natori was a cooler Natsume, huh?
Jul 4, 2020 7:26 AM
Aug 2018
SolitaryGray said:
Ah, so much cuteness, I could die! :D
They do remind me of Izaya, Shizuo from Durarara as well.

Sameeeee. They are the first to come to ny mind when I saw natori and seiji together. I guess its the hair. Even seiji almost has the same eye color and uniform from young izaya!!
Jul 4, 2020 7:29 AM
Aug 2018
Okay, I never thought i needed this episode til i watch it. They both so cuteeeeee. Reminds me of shizuo and izaya from Durarara!

I think they'll make a good friendship if things were a little different!!

And now im really curious on that lizard thing on Natori, i just hope its not that bad.
Nov 23, 2020 9:58 AM

Apr 2016
Pisces05 said:
Okay, I never thought i needed this episode til i watch it. They both so cuteeeeee. Reminds me of shizuo and izaya from Durarara!

I think they'll make a good friendship if things were a little different!!

And now im really curious on that lizard thing on Natori, i just hope its not that bad.

the DRRR similarity ... It's probably coz the same studio?

Also regarding the lizard, which is supposed to be an ayakashi, not much has been revealed about it yet in the manga but I'm pretty sure that we'll get to know more about it later .. just like how there was a small flashback regarding Natori's glasses.
Feb 8, 2021 1:58 AM

Feb 2012
It was nice to see some background story for Natori and Matobe. At least I preferred this to the last couple of episodes, which were more ordinary youkai of the week, the kind that was fine in the first season, but now I've grown to expect more. And yet this was just fun to watch as background information, I don't really have expectations that this was relevant to an overarching plot, even if over the seasons there have been changes here and there. It's not like the progress is the most important part of the series.

Quite rare for any series not to feature the main character at all in an episode.
Jun 5, 2021 4:17 PM
Dec 2019
I can really relate to Natori atm. The overall theme of Natori trying to find his own path, yet feeling lost and unsure of what to do hit me close to home.

This episode also made me wonder of Japan has similar situations as in the west regarding sasquatch sightings, but instead of squatch people think the see a youkai out of the corner of their eye.
Jun 12, 2021 9:01 AM

Jan 2021
I’m happy we got see Natori's past.
May 17, 2022 10:17 AM

Feb 2020
Pretty interesting backstory. It was nice to learn more about Natori and Matoba's past.
May 23, 2022 12:51 PM
Nov 2020
Whoa so they both been exorcists for a long time. I want to know more about Seiji. Why he uses both youkai's and humans just to get strong youkais. He must have his own story.
Aug 26, 2022 8:15 AM

Jun 2022
SolitaryGray said:

Same here! ^^ These two in this episode reminded me of Shizuo and Izaya and this was the point I decided to share here. I also liked this episode so much, because I like Natori, but Matoba didn't arouse my affection before... Before I watched episode 8. It was very interesting to know backstories of both characters and from now on I like Matoba as much as Natori. Natori's life and himself changed from that days, but I think Matoba changed much more... I really like how this only one episode refreshed the whole series of "Natsume Yoojinchou" for me. And it's always nice, when your attention is not only for one character (I like also Natsume and Tanuma).
Bittersweet.
Dec 25, 2023 9:57 AM

Dec 2010
While it stand very well on its own, but it's also one of the most significant episodes in the whole story. By getting Natori's first-hand experience we have a 100% confirmation that he's actually a relatively good guy and that he would never betray Natsume if he learned about the Book. This is a matter that was left in a vague limbo from the very start, since no matter how many times he helped Natsume we could never really tell what was going on inside his head.

Also, 15% of the watchers hated this episode? I can't really wrap my head around this.

Senchiro said:
Just imagine what natsume sees in that kimono
I bet that he either sees as much as Matoba or maybe even more. I'm not sure if the show really goes for this message, but great power, while often sought after by people ready to pay big price, often comes to kind people who don't really ask for it.
MeritasDec 25, 2023 10:01 AM
May 15, 11:19 AM

Jan 2017
Reply to SolitaryGray
Ah, so much cuteness, I could die! :D

First off, I'm so glad they adapted this chapter, gives us more insight on Natori and Matoba, how each of them started on their own paths, why they think the way they think, and also, their attitude towards Natsume.

I think it's kind of cute how Natori shares the same style as his mentor( glasses and the hat).
(?)

The voice acting was nice for the high school versions of our exorcists.
But, everytime Natori said something in a serious tone, I couldn't help but laugh because I keep remembering Katsura(same VA, anime - Gintama)scenes.

The kimono: I am just waiting for Natsume to go to one of the meetings so that we can see what he sees, but then again, don't know how many years it will be to see it in anime as it has not been shown in the manga yet.

OST: New track while Natori says goodbye to his mentor was nice.

Backgrounds: Amazing backgrounds just as seen throughout this season. :) I especially liked the park scenes. The statues in the background in Natsume Yuujinchou add greatly to the atmosphere of the show.

Oh, and seeing that last scene animated made my day! Seiji trying to look at the world through Natori's glasses :)

Loved this episode!
@SolitaryGray OMG yes!!! I've been looking for your comment. The whole time I was thinking look at them, that's literally Izaya and Shizuo. The animators obviously had a type (the same studio as Durarara). I'm so glad I wasn't the only one who thought that :D
"Anime is trash and so am I."

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | watch anime online
May 15, 11:23 AM

Jan 2017
Reply to cafekun
It's nice to see izaya and shizuo's past
@cafekun LITERALLY
"Anime is trash and so am I."

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | watch anime online
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Natsume Yuujinchou Go Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 1, 2016

89 by shippidge »»
Mar 17, 6:13 PM

Poll: » Natsume Yuujinchou Go Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 13, 2016

134 by Meritas »»
Jan 2, 11:30 AM

Poll: » Natsume Yuujinchou Go Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 4, 2016

152 by Meritas »»
Sep 29, 2023 7:54 AM

Poll: » Natsume Yuujinchou Go Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 20, 2016

68 by Cieling_phan »»
Jul 19, 2023 1:30 PM

Poll: » Natsume Yuujinchou Go Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 6, 2016

60 by Nurularifin »»
May 23, 2022 12:52 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.