Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Oct 6, 2016 3:48 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Pretty much a flashback and reflection episode between Naruto and Sasuke.

Yeah I kinda figured things would be like that with everything they've been through. Those pokes to the forehead though and the hands..I remember that from the manga.
Stark700Oct 6, 2016 4:15 AM
Oct 6, 2016 4:44 AM

Feb 2013
So many feels.
The fight is over and Sasuke acknowledged Naruto.
Oct 6, 2016 4:57 AM

Sep 2013
Great episode and the war between the two rivals is finally over. A rivalry that lasted 17 years is finally finished. Now it's time for the series to wrap up.

Though this series is not in my Top 20, I am definitely not ready for this. The manga and anime has been a part of me for almost half my life.

I thought the flashbacks dragged on for far too long. The episode was pretty much 80% flashbacks but I can forgive them in this case. The recalling of the past events added more emotion to the conclusion of Naruto and Sasuke's final battle so that's good. I also appreciated the nostalgia trip and the use of the older OST so the flashbacks weren't bad, just really really long.

Anyways, this show has been phenomenal the past couple episodes and I'm very glad they are throwing everything they got into this.

4/5

Oct 6, 2016 5:24 AM

Dec 2011
This was a good episodes and i don't mind some filers to see the after fight to get a better conclusion..
Oct 6, 2016 5:37 AM

Jan 2015
Can't believe it' ending. Been watching Naruto for longer than 10 years, will really miss it.
Oct 6, 2016 5:39 AM

Jun 2014
What a trip down memory lane. I usually despise seeing all these flashbacks that we've seen a million times before, but this time it was understandable. It was great to see how far these two have come after all this time. And of course, there was the end with their blood representing the Unison Sign (and the destroyed statues' hands doing the same thing), which I found very cool when I saw it in the manga. Pierrot has done a great job (surprisingly) of doing everything to make these final episodes amazing. All of these anime-original additions that they're throwing in have really hit home, I don't have any complaints about them for the most part.

TehSnawn said:
I thought the flashbacks dragged on for far too long.

Agreed, but if my memory is correct the double episode ended about halfway through chapter 698, and this episode adapted the rest of that chapter. So I think this episode was handled quite decently, especially considering they only had half a chapter to work with.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

MAL is literally just anime Twitter as its own website lol.

Oct 6, 2016 5:59 AM
Jul 2018
They did an amazing job with the end of shippuden..
Oct 6, 2016 6:07 AM
Jan 2016
Normally I really hate such obnoxious flashbacks, but this time it was... Alright. They dragged on for a little too long, but since it's the end, I think I can forgive it.
Oct 6, 2016 6:30 AM

Apr 2014
The last three episodes have been the best episode in the franchise. The staff did a phenomenal job with the little material they had.
Oct 6, 2016 6:42 AM

Dec 2014
Really emotional episode, Even teared up over the course of the flashback.

All those emotions, All those waves of nostalgia that ran through me when the Naruto montage started playing, The moment I saw kid Naruto saying "I'm gonna be the Hokage" and the short scenes from all the arcs, I remembered all the years I spent watching Naruto, It's been a long long journey to this point hasn't it?
My favorite scene was the one which shows Naruto and Sasuke standing alone and then with every cut it showed more people around Naruto and till the end which symbolizes all the bonds he's made over the years. I don't know, That really got to me. It's amazing to see how far that random ostracized kid has come. Naruto maybe be a dumb idiot, You can go ahead and call him a generic protagonist as well but to me he was always an inspiring character who never let anything stop him from getting the things he wanted. I would be wrong if I said he wasn't an influence on me while growing up.

It was nice to see Sasuke finally acknowledge Naruto as well, He's come a long way as well. Sasuke was too embarrassed to cry in front of Naruto xD
Unison sign was great.

Somehow they managed to coalesce everything that Naruto has achieved over the years into those flashbacks and it was actually great, Truly job well done Pierrot.

Given that the title of the next episode is "Naruto Uzumaki" which is the same as chapter 700, Does that mean the main story will finally end next episode?
Oct 6, 2016 6:59 AM

Jun 2012
if they didn't produce countless flashbacks/fillers all these years, this episode's flashbacks would be perfect.

Instead, it just felt slow.
Oct 6, 2016 7:36 AM

Jan 2016
good comments, I agree.
Sasuke basically saw the anime in first person hahahaha
Naruto did make it clear, but we don't care, Sasuke! <3
I can't believe I forgot the arms thing from a manga spoiler, soooo much more impactful than the actual 2 fingers unison sign I was thinking of.
hurry up Sakura! hahahaha
(Sasuke never stop talking about severing bonds to the very end emo little shit c:)

Oct 6, 2016 7:43 AM

Feb 2016
This episode man *tear*
These past episodes were just amazing, the way they did this episode bought back all the memories since the beginning.
Definitely an episode i wont forget.

Oct 6, 2016 7:45 AM

Jan 2008
Itachi still saving the day again despite dead.
Oct 6, 2016 7:50 AM

Apr 2014
Naruto and Sasuke are about to die. But somehow, they survive. In memories, Sasuke and Naruto experience their lifes. Sasuke acknowledges Naruto as a friend and cries. This was very emotional. In the end, both had lost their arm with the last attack and now, they're friends. Great.
Oct 6, 2016 8:13 AM

Oct 2015
Honestly I had been hating Naruto Shippuuden for the last few years because of the constant fillers. And now suddenly they ended it all in 2-3 episodes, which is amazing. I think the fight was well-made, just like this episode. I am glad they made an episode for this, because it was easier to relate those emotions than in the manga.
I am looking forward to the last few episodes. If it's going to be good, I am going to forgive for the vast amount of nonsense fillers. Don't get me wrong, I used to like fillers too, but I just lost interest, I wanted to see the final fight.

By the way, does anyone know how many more episodes will the anime have? I know this is was the 698th episode in overall, and they will probably end on the 700th just like in the manga, but I just want to be sure that they won't start a random filler season for money. That would really be an ending-killer.
Oct 6, 2016 8:25 AM

Oct 2012
tkrisz2 said:

By the way, does anyone know how many more episodes will the anime have? I know this is was the 698th episode in overall, and they will probably end on the 700th just like in the manga, but I just want to be sure that they won't start a random filler season for money. That would really be an ending-killer.

Well...looks like the next couple episodes are filler then they're adapting the remaining light novels before the final chapter
Oct 6, 2016 8:26 AM

Mar 2014
Love it! It was so full of feels! Those 3 last episodes really tells me to to forgive them for those evil useless filler arcs.

I recently learned that the anime will keep going because they going to adapt some light novels (which are good news since I love the Itachi's one).
Oct 6, 2016 8:27 AM

Feb 2012
That was really emotional indeed, but as someone said above if they didn't overused the flashbacks until this point, it would have been perfect.

Still looking forward to see the aftermath of this all.
Oct 6, 2016 8:27 AM

Apr 2012
That was one hell of a feels train!
At first I was like; Aha filler/flashback!
But I didn't mind it after all.
Especially the scene showing the bonds Naruto made and the OST playing and Sasuke losing it. They got me.
Oct 6, 2016 8:34 AM

Apr 2012
Nerorex said:
tkrisz2 said:

Well...looks like the next couple episodes are filler then they're adapting the remaining light novels before the final chapter

The novels are being adapted like the Rock Lee anime.
So they are not included in this.
Next week's episode will cover chapter 699 of the manga as well.
Oct 6, 2016 8:47 AM

Jul 2013
Was it just me or did it look like naruto and sasuke were 3DCG when they were lying on the rock talking?
"There comes a time.... when a real man must stay and fight.... When a true friend's dream... is laughed at by someone.... Luffy is not dead, he's going to be the Pirate King someday I know he will!!!..... and that is one thing I will never let you laugh at! NEVER!" ~Usopp
Oct 6, 2016 8:59 AM

Mar 2016
Some Parts of this episode felt so evangelion-like, especially in the beginning

Oct 6, 2016 9:07 AM

Apr 2014
Ichigostar234 said:
Was it just me or did it look like naruto and sasuke were 3DCG when they were lying on the rock talking?

It "looks" like it but they weren't 3DCG. Not gonna blame you for thinking that because the characters were perfectly on-model in this episode.
Oct 6, 2016 9:17 AM
Oct 2007
WAAAAAA!!! Wished they had use this quality on more episodes often. The end is finally getting nearer. Looks like we are back to normal budget next week.. The flashbacks were perfect for me in this episode.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 6, 2016 9:24 AM

Aug 2008
Is only me which hated this episode? I didn't felt the emotion all talk.
The spider is watching
Oct 6, 2016 10:22 AM

Apr 2016
soooooo, Finally Sasuke gave up. Hm, does it all now undo? Naruto's idea is sweet, but actually everyone else should hate it.

the three last episodes are the best of all imo.
Oct 6, 2016 10:36 AM

Jun 2016
Good episode,liked the flashback this time,can't believe naruto is ending.
Oct 6, 2016 10:38 AM

Aug 2014
Both Naruto & Sasuke are done of themselves, and finally Sasuke have acknowledged Naruto.. They lost their two arms but now they're good as a new souls!! ^.^
Maloween 2017
Main Candies
Oct 6, 2016 10:52 AM

Dec 2012
Please don't tell me I was the only one who noticed that fucking bad CGI the entire episode lmao. The terrible art in conjuction to the random ost mute just... I dont even know what Pierrot is doing at this point anymore
Oct 6, 2016 10:58 AM

Apr 2014
tirafesi said:
Please don't tell me I was the only one who noticed that fucking bad CGI the entire episode lmao. The terrible art in conjuction to the random ost mute just... I dont even know what Pierrot is doing at this point anymore

There was no CGI genius. Even the staff had to come out and say that.
Oct 6, 2016 11:07 AM

Nov 2011
Askorti said:
Normally I really hate such obnoxious flashbacks, but this time it was... Alright.

Yeah. Normally i would hate flashbacks too,but this time they felt appropriate.
Oct 6, 2016 11:07 AM

Dec 2012
Z4k said:
tirafesi said:

There was no CGI genius. Even the staff had to come out and say that.

You're telling me that art style was actually hand made? rofl
It looks 100% CGI. If it was actually drawn, then I'm amazed at this call lol
Oct 6, 2016 11:19 AM

Jun 2015
Great episode I shed a couple of tears. Setting Sun is my favorite track and they hit me with it at the beginning of the episode so I had to cry. It looks like they gathered all the sad tracks into this episode. I'm not a manga reader so this is all new for me

I waited the whole episode for this shot. I've seen it before at the time the manga ended but I have to say it looked better in the manga

Niveen_SleemOct 6, 2016 11:28 AM
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Oct 6, 2016 11:26 AM
Oct 2015
Even if the scene on the rocks was drawn or not, it was f***ing ugly
I don't even know if that was low budget or high budget xD
Oct 6, 2016 11:51 AM

Mar 2016
It is a happy ending for both characters...

Oct 6, 2016 12:14 PM

Apr 2010
Omg, their arms got cut off? That's kinda shocking for me as I haven't read the whole manga yet. D:
Oct 6, 2016 12:32 PM

Aug 2013
This was better in the manga tbh. Looks like they used up half the budget for this episode on the fight last week.
Oct 6, 2016 12:35 PM

Jun 2014
Well they did a great job animating this! The flashbacks had me crying like crazy.

Its been a long 14 yrs and a lot of those memories brought me back! I'm still not ready for this to end!
So glad that I'm not a huge manga reader, because the manga readers WHINE WAY TOO MUCH and have to RUIN every adapted anime for the ANIME ONLY WATCHERS!
Oct 6, 2016 12:43 PM

Aug 2014
For some reason, it's just unbelievably difficult to comprehend Sasuke's feelings now after all those episodes. Also, the last scene shocked me.
Oct 6, 2016 12:58 PM

Apr 2010
That last part where they are lying in a full body angle feels like awkward to me...
Oct 6, 2016 1:26 PM

Apr 2014
finally... Sasuke acknowledge his feelings to naruto
Oct 6, 2016 3:12 PM

May 2012
I really enjoyed this episode. Sasuke is my favorite character, so to finally get his thoughts and perspective on Naruto and the whole entire story was a great emotional experience for me. All the music choices were great, and seeing all those flashback scenes with their original animation was a great way to see just how far this series has come. This pretty much closes the book on the whole Naruto/Sasuke conflict, and now both characters can finally move forward with their lives.

I wonder how the anime will continue now that the main conflict of the story is over. We have about two manga chapters left of material to cover, but I guess we'll be headed back into Fillerland judging from the preview of next week's episode. I hope we won't have to wait too long to see those final two chapters animated, and I'd also like to see Naruto Gaiden get animated down the road as well. All in all though, I'm satisfied in terms of Naruto content for the foreseeable future. My greatest wish for this anime was for it to do the Naruto/Sasuke fight justice, and it accomplished that as far as I'm concerned. It sucks we'll have to wait to see the true conclusion of the Naruto story, but I am grateful to Studio Pierrot for giving me these three amazing episodes. Gotta take the good with the bad sometimes I guess?
"No matter how much of a genius one is, in front of the Uchiha name, they're just ordinary people." - Sasuke Uchiha

Oct 6, 2016 3:42 PM

Feb 2012
Simply beautiful. Well done, Pierrot.
If you want to know where this is from, send me a message.

Oct 6, 2016 3:56 PM

Mar 2013
Itachi.
Sasuke Crying.
Bakarayo!
Usuratonkachi.
The feels.
The Bromance.

Beautiful episode.
Oct 6, 2016 5:07 PM

Apr 2014
Wait, where did they lose their arms? Don't remember seeing it happen. Probably is me not paying attention.
Oct 6, 2016 6:24 PM
Sep 2016
I believe the final clash between Naruto's Rasengan and Sasuke's Chidori led to them losing their arms @Milk_is_Special
Oct 6, 2016 6:34 PM

Apr 2014
SilentAnime said:
I believe the final clash between Naruto's Rasengan and Sasuke's Chidori led to them losing their arms @Milk_is_Special
Lol, I already forgot that shig happened xD
Oct 6, 2016 7:46 PM

Jan 2014
I'm so happy Sasuke and Naruto were finally able to connect and express their feelings after years of watching them chase after each other with misunderstanding after misunderstanding. These last few episodes were the best. Sasuke finally acknowledging Naruto and breaking down brought tears to my eyes. The symbolism with them losing their arms but being on the statue hands doing the "unison sign" was genius.
Oct 6, 2016 8:40 PM

Jan 2015
This episode was all right. I actually didn't mind the flashbacks this time. The aftermath of their fight was better in the manga though.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 7 Discussion

Alicia3000 - Sep 1, 2009

25 by Haru_2806 »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 177 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Koko-Bear - Sep 9, 2010

71 by KoniginElle »»
Yesterday, 9:03 PM

Poll: » Who was truly stronger at the final valley?

TASM18 - Sep 29

20 by -Dxpo- »»
Yesterday, 6:14 PM

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 479 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 13, 2016

125 by PokefanPT »»
Yesterday, 12:07 PM

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 6 Discussion

Mad - Mar 30, 2007

37 by Haru_2806 »»
Yesterday, 8:26 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.