Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Jul 11, 2016 12:40 PM

Oct 2014
Kirigiri50 said:
I wonder where Togami can someone tell me where he is and Fukuwa? I think they show up in this anime to help Naegi,Kirigiri and The survivors In later episode

Fukuwa's fate is revealed at the end of Ultra Despair Sisters (She alive, don't worry). Togami I don't really know. Maybe he's on another place?
It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; What is essential is invisible to the eye.

But does the heart have the right perspective?
Jul 11, 2016 12:43 PM

Jun 2016
Thievery said:
Kirigiri50 said:
I wonder where Togami can someone tell me where he is and Fukuwa? I think they show up in this anime to help Naegi,Kirigiri and The survivors In later episode

Fukuwa's fate is revealed at the end of Ultra Despair Sisters (She alive, don't worry). Togami I don't really know. Maybe he's on another place?

Yeah I just hope Togami show up in this series I like him alongside Kirigiri,Naegi,the new character that I like now are Kyosuke Munakata and Chiza(Too bad she die)

Jul 11, 2016 12:44 PM

Apr 2013
what's with that retarded score, 8.55, and episode was utter garbage, not sure what I liked less, how they turned it into a shounen crap with Despairs fighting Hopes or the fact that entire organization was taken down in a few mins, with heavy forshadowing

and this is coming from someone who likes the series and bothered to buy the games
Jul 11, 2016 12:47 PM
Nov 2015
Hot damn, Danganronpa 3. Going off to a good start - the pacing at some parts were a little slow, but overall it's engaging and catchy.

I loved how they tied the DR2 cast as part of the remnants of Despair at the start. Believe it would be more relevant at the Past version of the anime.

In order of appearance -

Kazuchi Soda: Mechanic of the Monokumas.
Teruteru: Manufacturer of the Monokumas?
Gundham Tanaka: DespairMon Master.
Fake Byakuya: Spy/Agent.
Sonia Nevermind: Queen of the Monokumas.
Mahiru Koizumi: Photographing Sonia ruling over them Kumas.
Hiyoko Saionji and Ibuki Mioda: Performers.
Izuru Kamakura: Ultimate Secret Weapon.
Mikan Tsukumi: Ecchi Yandere Nurse.
Fuyuhiko: Yakuza Boss of the Kumas.
Peko Pekoyama: Bodyguard of Fuyuhiko.
Nekomaru + Akane: Fighters.
Junko Enoshima: Crushed like a boss.

Chiaki is missing obviously, and I'm not sure where Nagito is.

That OP is creepy as hell, with the premonitions of how they might die. Suspect that some of them will be played straight while others will be subverted.
Jul 11, 2016 12:49 PM

Oct 2014
Sylicas said:

He's on that spin-off game "Super despair girls"
It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; What is essential is invisible to the eye.

Jul 11, 2016 12:52 PM

May 2016
Am I the only one who thinks that Chisa isn't dead and thats some form of a decoy? she played too big of a part in one of the trailers, plus they didn't do the fuzzy screen thing yet they did with the guards?
She also looks a lot like naegi : they both have brown hair and hazel eyes plus simiar face structures. I feel like there is a lot missing about her character and if she truly is dead then they haven't handled the first episode properly in my opinion.
Jul 11, 2016 12:55 PM
Dec 2010
Thievery said:
Sylicas said:

He's on that spin-off game "Super despair girls"

Yeah, and the 4 kids in front of him are the "Warriors of Hope" from that game (minus one). Love all the tie-ins to the previous games.

Chiaki's definitely going to be an interesting case in Zetsubou-hen.
Jul 11, 2016 12:55 PM
Jan 2012
Monokuma sounds a lot younger. To me that's a dead giveaway that it's Monaca behind all this. Great episode. Kinda hurt my heart to see the Danganronpa 2 cast like that :/

I don't care if it's a new VA they still probably made it sound younger for Monaca.
ImaginBreakerJul 11, 2016 1:00 PM
Jul 11, 2016 1:00 PM

Jan 2016
so the old guy is behind this new survival game, right?
Jul 11, 2016 1:01 PM

Dec 2013
HOLY SHITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

I WAITED, AND WAITED AND FINALLY IS HERE FFS!!!!! And man, that was a good episode.

We got a little information on the personality of the FF members, and well... They are assholes. Welp. Except Bandai, Great Gozu, Mitarai and ofc Miaya because she doesn't give a shit about everything lol

I thought that Monokuma would explain the rules of the new killing game before the first killing happened, but oh well, he will do it in next epi, I think.

also fucking hagakure, he isn't in the killing game e_e' Anyways... The killing scene of Munakata and Naegi in the op was godly, btw.

The beginning with the remnants was epic, but Nagito, ofc, is always the best <3

5/5.
Jul 11, 2016 1:11 PM

Oct 2014
Ryouri said:

We got a little information on the personality of the FF members, and well... They are assholes. Welp. Except Bandai, Great Gozu, Mitarai and ofc Miaya because she doesn't give a shit about everything lol

I thought that Monokuma would explain the rules of the new killing game before the first killing happened, but oh well, he will do it in next epi, I think.

What loveable danganronpa character isn't an asshole at first, or at least gives a negative first impression?

And it's gonna be a kill or be killed situation, according to the wiki. No more trials.

Jul 11, 2016 1:13 PM

Feb 2015
first of all, i feel kinda empty for this sequel because they didn't make the adaptation from the second game which is irritating tbh to me. i didn't play the game but...i just feel empty cause i feel like if they just cut many important stuff. but overall episode, i still like it and i'm happy to see the old faces back again on the screen. really makes me happy but damn.

y'know what. for anime watcher only, did you see that death in the end coming ? because i'm just literally got fucked up after i saw that scene. when the bloods were dropping from the ceiling. i thought it was probably her head but actually it was way worse than that. look at her expression. she was crying. like, that scene was fucked up for me seriously. i didn't see that coming and that suprised me well. i really like that twist.

and now we are back to "killing eachother" game again ? really ? lol, is it really gonna be another that kind of game until the end of the show ? well, either way i'm okay with it but i more prefer new stuff would be coming in the future.

looking foward for the next episode.

Edit: another reason why i feel empty. That lady who just died in this episode, she said she was a teacher from those students in the second game isn't it ? if they made the adaptation from the second game, i would be more emotional and got fucked up more seeing her death.
YizelTroJul 11, 2016 1:30 PM
Jul 11, 2016 1:20 PM

May 2016
Tevens said:
first of all, i feel kinda empty for this sequel because they didn't make the adaptation from the second game which is irritating tbh to me. i didn't play the game but...i just feel empty cause i feel like if they just cut many important stuff. but overall episode, i still like it and i'm happy to see the old faces back again on the screen. really makes me happy but damn.

y'know what. for anime watcher only, did you see that death in the end coming ? because i'm just literally got fucked up after i saw that scene. when the bloods were dropping from the ceiling. i thought it was probably her head but actually it was way worse than that. look at her expression. she was crying. like, that scene was fucked up for me seriously. i didn't see that coming and that suprised me well. i really like that twist.

and now we are back to "killing eachother" game again ? really ? lol, is it really gonna be another that kind of game until the end of the show ? well, either way i'm okay with it but i more prefer new stuff would be coming in the future.

Are you an anime only? This anime is original so Chisa's suprise death can only be experienced here...It makes for a even more suprising troll if you watched the PVs of the anime that made it seem like she was going to be a important character and maybe even the mastermind, them BAM...dead...

Also, unlike the first 2 games, this one won't have trials to discover the killer or something...
HyperLJul 11, 2016 1:29 PM
You are not your body, you are your brain, the "self" that emerges from within it.
Jul 11, 2016 1:23 PM

Jul 2015
Here we go again!

This is gonna be good!
Jul 11, 2016 1:24 PM

Jul 2015
HyperL said:
Tevens said:

Are you an anime only? This anime is original so Chisa's suprise death can only be experienced here...It makes for a even more suprising troll if you watched the PVs of the anime that made it seem like she was going to be a important character and maybe even the mastermind, them BAM...dead...

Probably thought it was goona be like the first game where the first one who died was the mastermind.
Jul 11, 2016 1:26 PM

Dec 2014
Remants of Despair flashbacks!
Future Foundation members!
Naegi and Co is back in the game )hehehe killing game) ( つ•̀ω•́)つ
And Kodaka trolled us again with the first victim. Jesus Kodaka!
Really enjoyed the episode and welp this time the killing game is like Mafia/WW.
Could be interesting for the final chapter of Naegi & Co.

My guess für the mastermind is Monoca or the (theory) last remaining Junko AI.
Still there is some kind of traitor among the future foundation leaders. Because someone leaked the whereabouts of the island
Jul 11, 2016 1:27 PM

Jan 2016
Oh my god, the first episode was everything I hoped for and more! I'm so excited to see where the anime goes! ^^
Jul 11, 2016 1:27 PM

May 2016
terminador_2397 said:
HyperL said:

Probably thought it was goona be like the first game where the first one who died was the mastermind.

Well, the mastermind on the first game was the second to die actually (it was just someone that was disguised as the mastermind tho)...
You are not your body, you are your brain, the "self" that emerges from within it.
Jul 11, 2016 1:29 PM

Feb 2015
HyperL said:
Tevens said:

this is original ?! :o
not based from the game ? what the heck is going on ?
Jul 11, 2016 1:33 PM

May 2016
Tevens said:
HyperL said:

This anime is concluding what the first two games created...They decided to make it a anime because there won't be more stuff such as investigations, trials and executions like the two games DR and DR2...
Jul 11, 2016 1:35 PM
Jul 2012
I freaking love Monokuma but anyways they are back in this scenario as always.
Jul 11, 2016 1:36 PM
Mar 2016
Man, I'm not getting this , are these the same characters being cast from the frevious Daganronpa or is this an alternate version?
Jul 11, 2016 1:36 PM

Dec 2014
Kirigiri50 said:

Togami, Fukawa/Genocider Shou & Komaru are still in Towa City as far as we know.
Jul 11, 2016 1:39 PM

Jun 2016
MonoReaper said:
Kirigiri50 said:

Togami, Fukawa/Genocider Shou & Komaru are still in Towa City as far as we know.

Yep I wonder why They are not here to help Naegi Kirigiri and the others I guess. I bet the three will show up hopefully or just Togami and Fukuwa.

Jul 11, 2016 1:39 PM

Jan 2013
YAAAAAAAAAAAAAS MORE DEATH GAMES
Jul 11, 2016 1:40 PM
Oct 2015
Tusilos said:
I didn't expect that girl to die so soon. Though it was easy to predict she would at some point.

Oh fuck the hype.

Anyway, Monokuma says that it will be the conclusion of his and Makoto's story but comes back in V3?

Plz don't kill off Kirigiri.

V3 is an alternate setting, an alternate school, a different cast. I believe a whole different world from the hope's peak universe or based in the decades further future at least so yeah, it is the end of his and MAKOTO'S story.
Jul 11, 2016 1:40 PM

May 2016
Whoahoho said:
Man, I'm not getting this , are these the same characters being cast from the frevious Daganronpa or is this an alternate version?

Four of those characters (Naegi, Kirigiri, Asahina and Hagakure) are from the first Danganronpa, the rest of the future foundation people are new...
HyperLJul 11, 2016 1:47 PM
Jul 11, 2016 1:42 PM

Dec 2014
Kirigiri50 said:
MonoReaper said:

Yep I wonder why They are not here to help Naegi Kirigiri and the others I guess. I bet the three will show up hopefully or just Togami and Fukuwa.

Most likely they will show up later on. I doubt Kodaka just exiled them for the rest of the anime^^
Jul 11, 2016 1:46 PM

Jun 2016
MonoReaper said:
Kirigiri50 said:

Most likely they will show up later on. I doubt Kodaka just exiled them for the rest of the anime^^
MonoReaper said:
Kirigiri50 said:

MonoReaper said:
Kirigiri50 said:

Yep you got that right no way they sideline Togami and Fukuwa considering this the final of the entire series. Don t know If Komaru naegi will apear though.

Though Usami that pink bear that appear In Danganronpa 2 It said to appear In Danganronpa 3 so she definetly appear In later episodes I presume.

Jul 11, 2016 1:52 PM
Nov 2015
To anyone whose an anime only watcher: Please. Just do yourself a favour. Watch the games. I know they're long - but it's worth it. Or, buy them yourself, they've been released on steam.

There's only one traitor, so I feel like it'll be a lot of pointing fingers next episode tbh. They're probably going to blame the animator for being late (therefore he's suspicious) and the pharmacist maybe? She was barely in shot for any of the gassing scene, and we don't see her passing out. She has her little face mask, but I'm not sure how much good that would do.

I found it weird, re-watching the scene, I couldn't see the housekeepers body on the chandelier when everyone was waking up? But afterwards, I did see the splashes of blood before they noticed the body, so who knows.
Jul 11, 2016 1:52 PM

Dec 2014
I liked the episode so far...but I so want to know WHAT HAPPENED IN BETWEEN.... iS there anyone to read it all without playing the game
Jul 11, 2016 1:53 PM

Dec 2014
@Kirigiri50
Yeah still confused about Monomi. I mean Monokuma transformed her in this appearance/form. Usami was the original design of her so dunno why she shows up as Monomi. The only ones who should know about that form of her are Naegi, Togami & Kirigiri + DR2 cast.
If i remember correctly
Jul 11, 2016 1:55 PM

Dec 2014
ibraheem234 said:
I liked the episode so far...but I so want to know WHAT HAPPENED IN BETWEEN.... iS there anyone to read it all without playing the game

You can go and read the overall story/plot in the DR Wikis up. But it would pretty much destory the experience for the DR universe overall for yourself.
Jul 11, 2016 1:55 PM
Apr 2016
Chisa wa teacher in Hope Academy, probably she will appear in despair arc.

Komaru, Fukawa and Togami they stay in Towa City during DR:AE Epilogue.

I think that the next deceased will be Mitarai-kun, because him will appear too in despair arc.

Also I noticed that Hagakure don't have the bracelet and maybe him can be the key to find the traitor.
Jul 11, 2016 1:58 PM

Feb 2015
HyperL said:
Tevens said:

This anime is concluding what the first two games created...They decided to make it a anime because there won't be more stuff such as investigations, trials and executions like the two games DR and DR2...

so instead another game, they make an anime ?
first time i heard it. i thought this anime was based on the game.
Jul 11, 2016 1:59 PM

Jun 2016
MonoReaper said:
ibraheem234 said:

You can go and read the overall story/plot in the DR Wikis up. But it would pretty much destory the experience for the DR universe overall for yourself.

Maybe she use her monomi identity to be more recognise that way who knows/ Don t need to pal I already everything about danganronpa 2 so I undertsand everything that happening up to the current point.

I hope Usami/Monomi help the Future foundation during this difficult and life threatning times.
PrideRoyalIvyJul 11, 2016 2:03 PM

Jul 11, 2016 2:04 PM
Nov 2015
Kirigiri50 said:

This probably takes place around the same time as DR:AE which Fukawa and Togami were both in.
Jul 11, 2016 2:04 PM

May 2016
Tevens said:
HyperL said:

Yep...By the way the second anime, Zetsubou-hen, is also original, but it's a prequel to both games so that should be fun too...
Jul 11, 2016 2:05 PM

Nov 2011
What if Yasuhiro is actually the mastermind behind everything and only acts stupid to throw everyone off?

Probably a longshot, but that would be a fantastic plot twist.
Jul 11, 2016 2:05 PM
Nov 2015
Tevens said:
HyperL said:

Well, they are making another DR game but from what I've heard it'll be a whole new cast with none of the returning characters.
Jul 11, 2016 2:08 PM

Jul 2015
HyperL said:
terminador_2397 said:

Well, the mastermind on the first game was the second to die actually (it was just someone that was disguised as the mastermind tho)...

Oh yeah now i remember

Jul 11, 2016 2:09 PM

Feb 2015
I've missed this Dangan Ronpa atmosphere so much! Can't wait to see what happens, waiting a week for the next episode is going to be painful.
Tanaka leading his army of despair animals was cool.

Apr 2011
japaniMay said:
Kirigiri50 said:

This probably takes place around the same time as DR:AE which Fukawa and Togami were both in.

No, this takes place after DR:AE. Fukawa said in the end of the game that she was gonna stay in that city with Komaru. Most are assuming that Togami is also with them, but his whereabouts aren't confirmed.
Aug 2014
aahahaha why am I so dumb. Just like DR1, the cute waifu bait character who's close with an important character dies first.

I FELL FOR IT AGAIN. I feel bad for Kirigiri, Naegi, and Asahina too... they survived the first one, and then saw a second one before their eyes, and have to play the third one. Will those three make it out alive AGAIN? ;A;

Jul 11, 2016 2:10 PM
Nov 2015
bcruise said:
Eh, I guess Hagakure is part of the game then, if the OP said 16 survivors left it has to include him.

Anyone catch the Another Episode kids (save one) in the foreground of Komaeda's scene?

Yep, I noticed that too, the Warriors of Hope
Jul 11, 2016 2:13 PM

Jun 2014
Well at least it wont be a meh adaptation like the first anime was, i'm very excited to see where this one goes!
Jul 11, 2016 2:14 PM

May 2016
terminador_2397 said:
HyperL said:

Oh yeah now i remember

yep.........................................................
Jul 11, 2016 2:26 PM

Aug 2010
The start was amazing!!! MIKAN <3 KOMAEDA!!!! Kuzuryu actually looked BA!!!

Red blood in my Dangan Ronpa :O

Different Monokuma voice :(

Really loved Yukizome. She's adorable and her being SDR2's characters teacher was an extra boost. WHY DID SHE HAVE TO BE THE FIRST VICTIM!!!!!!!!!! NOOOOO D:

OP and ED were great. And the ep itself was intense!! Loved it
Jul 11, 2016 2:29 PM

Feb 2012
I really liked the episode but felt kinda lost lol. I've only watched the first anime and I watched most of a playthrough of the 2nd game a while ago but I probably need to refresh. I gotta read a summary or something.
Jul 11, 2016 2:29 PM
Oct 2015
HaXXspetten said:
Well I hope this made it clear beyond all doubt that you absolutely shouldn't watch this if you haven't played Danganronpa 2 first :s

Mioda's evil face looks crazy as fuck lol

Honestly they look more like monsters than people enjoying spreading despair, they look like they've all become retarded and are being controlled not using their own free will.
Pages (10) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Danganronpa 3: The End of Kibougamine Gakuen - Mirai-hen Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 5, 2016

472 by Nanashi »»
Jan 3, 8:01 AM

Poll: » Danganronpa 3: The End of Kibougamine Gakuen - Mirai-hen Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 22, 2016

236 by SaltyCookie »»
Jan 2, 3:12 AM

Poll: » Danganronpa 3: The End of Kibougamine Gakuen - Mirai-hen Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 1, 2016

284 by Nanashi »»
Dec 17, 2023 7:37 AM

Poll: » Danganronpa 3: The End of Kibougamine Gakuen - Mirai-hen Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 25, 2016

280 by Nanashi »»
Dec 12, 2023 9:46 AM

Poll: » Danganronpa 3: The End of Kibougamine Gakuen - Mirai-hen Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 18, 2016

499 by Nanashi »»
Dec 10, 2023 8:04 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.