Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (13) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »
Jul 1, 2016 9:33 AM

Apr 2008
4m4r03 said:
Darklight0303 said:

The manga started this month. This was not an adaptation
What do you mean by adaptation?

I mean there was no manga before this anime started. IT started with the anime and the manga came AFTER that
Jul 1, 2016 9:35 AM

Mar 2011
I was pretty entertained, deserves a 7 atleast.

Didn't except biba to use the white blood on Ikoma tho, now he and mume can grow rice together for a whole Kabaneri lifespan!... if they can even eat any of that rice is another question tho.
Jul 1, 2016 9:36 AM
Apr 2016
Darklight0303 said:
4m4r03 said:

I mean there was no manga before this anime started. IT started with the anime and the manga came AFTER that
So will the manga follow the Anime?
Jul 1, 2016 9:39 AM

Apr 2008
4m4r03 said:
Darklight0303 said:

So far it is. Only one chapter is out
Jul 1, 2016 9:42 AM
Apr 2016
Darklight0303 said:
4m4r03 said:

Oh OK, do you think that there will be a season 2??
Jul 1, 2016 9:44 AM

Apr 2008
4m4r03 said:
Darklight0303 said:

Oh OK, do you think that there will be a season 2??

I certainly hope so. There is potential still in here
Jul 1, 2016 9:48 AM

Aug 2014
I've lost count to how many facepalms I did make at this episode.

Animation - 8
Art - 7.5
Sounds - 7
Characters - 2
Story - 2
Enjoyment - 4

No Bonuses!

Overall: Yes it was great in Technical aspects, the animation was very good and the art was detailed both could've been much better though, the art could use more colors and creative landscape designs, the animation could use more movements, more effects, same for the sounds, OST wasn't very memorable, still good, liked the ED song.

Moving to the story it was very predictable, I dont care that much for plot holes, I care for ideas more, the ideas here were shit, nothing new just an action flick with zombies, no feelings, pacing is fucked up, i dont know what was good, except the first two episodes were decent so i would give the 2 points for the interesting setting and opening episodes.

About the characters, disliked all of them, the main villain is retarded, dumb excuses and motivation, little to no development, dumb side characters, I gave it two just because there are worse characters in other shows.

In terms of enjoyment the story being shallow and lacks any ideas,twists,emotions, and the characters being bad really affected my enjoyment, I enjoyed the animation though and looking at the good detailed art. So it gets a 4 here.

No bonuses because it doesn't excel at anything and the fact that it didn't take any risks with the plot makes me want to lower its score, but its called bonuses for a reason so i wont lower it anymore.

My Score: 4.3/10
Jul 1, 2016 9:48 AM

Jul 2012
-BN- said:
Duuuude am I the only one who totally loved the ending? I mean the score last night was 8.something. Now it's 7.79 .
I also totally loved the ending. I thought this was waayyy better than, say, Guilty Crown, so it's slightly upsetting to see the rating drop below that, but whatever. I don't care too much what others think, this series was amazing to me.
Jul 1, 2016 9:51 AM
May 2016
Darklight0303 said:
4m4r03 said:

it is a new project, no original works, so we cann't speculate from it.
In fact, it has a new project called collection verison moive in 2016.12.30 and 2017.1.7, it will cut some scenes and may be add a little new things(just a little) , we can see it again to figure out the crucial things . I think wit studio will add some explation
If they can make more money ,they will carry ou a season2 or new anime moive.From now, the bd sales just 6880,we can see the average sale per volume is about 6000+(the other merchandise make more money) .
In japan, 5000 will have season2, but wit studio have many profitable project like AOT, and they have many project until 2017 mid.
So the project is enough profitable to carry out season2 ,but the project is not enough profitable to make wit studio not do other profitable project to do kabaneri.
Jul 1, 2016 9:59 AM
May 2016
Phoebe3315 said:
-BN- said:
Duuuude am I the only one who totally loved the ending? I mean the score last night was 8.something. Now it's 7.79 .
I also totally loved the ending. I thought this was waayyy better than, say, Guilty Crown, so it's slightly upsetting to see the rating drop below that, but whatever. I don't care too much what others think, this series was amazing to me.
Phoebe3315 said:
-BN- said:

I very dislike the ending of GC, kabaneri is good , i think the rating is 8.2or 8.1 ,it's suitable.But 1????
are you fucking kidding me???
Jul 1, 2016 10:00 AM

Jan 2016
Holy shit that was bad.

2/10
Jul 1, 2016 10:06 AM

Sep 2014
brilliant ending. overall 8/10 because the rather weak middle part.
But the art, animation and OST is amazing. Keep it up studio Wit!
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Jul 1, 2016 10:25 AM

Jan 2014
valvravetruth said:
Jarjaxle said:
Yeah....Quite Surprising ending...and Somewhat BULL....how the Hell he turned back to NORMALl Kabaneri if there was just One Medicine? Unless Hunters gave 1 but quite not believable...WAIT!!! BIBA DID WHAT!? HE CURED IKOMA IN THE END!?

Well Ending was Quite Happy ENding...it was not best but find it agreeable at least. If only Takumi would be here to See it. T.T

Biba has the white serum given in this episode, its just that no one knows how he inject it to Ikoma. Well most likely between the fight somehow.

I think he fired it right before Mumei killed him, you know the part when he was shouting something like don't die yet and fight me (can not really remember)
Jul 1, 2016 10:33 AM
May 2016
Anlex said:
valvravetruth said:

Biba has the white serum given in this episode, its just that no one knows how he inject it to Ikoma. Well most likely between the fight somehow.

I think he fired it right before Mumei killed him, you know the part when he was shouting something like don't die yet and fight me (can not really remember)

yes, you can see the green light
and biba say :stand up ,ikoma ,fight withme
he wasn't idiot's saying but want white blood work and make ikoma wake up
Jul 1, 2016 10:33 AM

Jan 2016
The black smoke with Mumei looks really similar to a monster in Black Bullet. Wonder why the studio designed the monsters that way, especially the wings. I doubt it can fly.

Things were more interesting when Biba was introduced. Finally not a mindless villain. Good soundtrack. The ending was slightly rushed.

6.5/10
Jul 1, 2016 10:34 AM

May 2016
kamisama751 said:
Yeeeeees, this trainwreck is finally over and there is no sign for a continuation. Thank god.
Anyway, this episode contains unussually many mistakes. Maybe I put some effort since this is the last episode but I don't really know.

Mistakes count through the whole show: 97
Damn, I can't beat cinemasins.
Final score for this mess: 2/10.

2/10? Ouch! Get REKT Kabaneri...tho some of your points like "Muscle girl taked her cloths off for no reason" is just ridiculous...Man Jojo characters do fabulous poses for no reason, is that a flaw for you too? Heck even real life people do stuff for no reason, are they failures as human beings? And like, that don't have any influence in the anime whatsoever, so whats the matter really?
You are not your body, you are your brain, the "self" that emerges from within it.
Jul 1, 2016 10:37 AM

May 2014
VanishingKira said:
In all honesty SnK was way better than this series.

This started off mediocre then they introduced Biba's character and it become even more shit after that.

Honestly if it weren't for Mumei I would've drop this,either going to give this a 4/10 or 5/10 if being generous.

Mumei made the show worse imo.
Jul 1, 2016 10:44 AM

Nov 2012
Chickened said:
VanishingKira said:
In all honesty SnK was way better than this series.

This started off mediocre then they introduced Biba's character and it become even more shit after that.

Honestly if it weren't for Mumei I would've drop this,either going to give this a 4/10 or 5/10 if being generous.

I never said her character was good,I meant more cause of the sexual pandering of her character.
Jul 1, 2016 10:45 AM

Mar 2015
Not a big fan of the ending. I think the show had obvious pacing issues as well, and some plot holesl. Still a solid show. Can't forget Mumei's badass spinning back kick in episode 1 lol

8/10.
Je trempe mes cookies dans tes larmes.
Jul 1, 2016 10:49 AM

Jul 2012
Baka-Hiru said:
•How can Ikoma even fire his nail gun without using his left hand? *Its too disgusting, you really don't want to know what's happening inside his hand.
He's making use of a spring to operate it. Ikoma still his a bit of arm below his right elbow, so he was able to make it so when he straightens it the spring pulls the trigger.
Jul 1, 2016 10:53 AM

May 2014
VanishingKira said:
Chickened said:

I never said her character was good,I meant more cause of the sexual pandering of her character.

That's a worse reason to excuse this show.
Jul 1, 2016 10:58 AM

May 2014
kamisama751 said:
HyperL said:

2/10? Ouch! Get REKT Kabaneri...tho some of your points like "Muscle girl taked her cloths off for no reason" is just ridiculous...Man Jojo characters do fabulous poses for no reason, is that a flaw for you too? Heck even real life people do stuff for no reason, are they failures as human beings? And like, that don't have any influence in the anime whatsoever, so whats the matter really?

Jojo is comedic, but this not and humans are flawed.

Do you really think I gave that score based on the mistake list I made? Hell no, the list is for comedic purposes which should also increase the rate of people butthurting over something they don't like to see.
Mumei completely behaves how the show wants her to. The problems in the eary episodes where people don't want to be with Kabaneris can be prevented easil but they just throw in unneccessary salt in for dramatic purpose. Additionally, Ikoma is completely plot armored and no character got fleshed out. Not to forget that this show contains tons of inconsistencies (okay, this relates to the list xD) and so on and so on.

That's why I give this show a 3/10. This show doesn't know writing.
Jul 1, 2016 11:00 AM

Apr 2015
This episode was soo cringy DAMN.

Didn't like it tbh, way too expected it.

4/10 overall
Jul 1, 2016 11:06 AM

May 2016
kamisama751 said:
HyperL said:

Do you really think I gave that score based on the mistake list I made? Hell no, the list is for comedic purposes which should also increase the rate of people butthurting over something they don't like to see.
Mumei completely behaves how the show wants her to. The problems in the eary episodes where people don't want to be with Kabaneris can be prevented easil but they just throw in unneccessary salt in for dramatic purpose. Additionally, Ikoma is completely plot armored and no character got fleshed out. Not to forget that this show contains tons of inconsistencies (okay, this relates to the list xD) and so on and so on.

Oh, if your list is semi-comedic I guess is ok, and I won't deny the problems you pointed out now, they pretty true...
You are not your body, you are your brain, the "self" that emerges from within it.
Jul 1, 2016 11:09 AM

Dec 2012
Oh, this was a spectacular and cute ending!

A solid 8/10, and I hope WIT had fun doing the series >_<
Jul 1, 2016 11:14 AM
Apr 2016
Such a plot twist: Last shot Biba took was the white blood syringe. For whatever reasons.
Two final episode got me from 100% to 0,(1)%, unexpectedly. In the end it was just a show, made with zero message, justifying it's existence with violance, casualties, flashy battles and epic explosions. Through the final episode and after it I felt... extremely... insulted by what it turned out to be. Turned out it is just a shadow of a ,what, Guilty Crown? What ever, it was an another pitiful attempt at the market. Alas.
Re:formed
Jul 1, 2016 11:26 AM

Mar 2013
7/10 okay but not good at the same time. Some episode does feel rush and I wish they could have show more backstory about the origin of how it begin.
Jul 1, 2016 11:29 AM

Sep 2012
So I don't know why they put in a character with an American accent, but he was probably one of favorite parts of this show.

"It's a conversation through instruments. A miracle that creates harmony. In that moment, music transcends words." - Miyazono Kaori
"Laziness is the mother of all bad habits. But ultimately she is a mother and we should respect her." - Nara Shikamaru
"You think you're special? You're not. Everyone lies, everyone hides things... Nobody makes it through this life being completely honest." - Orihara Izaya
Jul 1, 2016 11:39 AM
Oct 2010
2nd season or movie is High likely..
because they could make save this series by killing ikoma, but they didnt do that.. which mean...

there are plan, but not enough budget yet..
after AOT S2 , it is possible WIT to start making a 2nd season.. because everyone already cooldown with their hate.. and who knows ichiro got fired!
Jul 1, 2016 11:49 AM

Apr 2013
Meh, this show went downhill since Biba's appearance and existence. He should have never existed and the show should have stuck with its original survival concept and episode 4 was easily the peak and best episode before it went mediocre. Still giving a generous 8 because I'm a nice guy and love the OST music and art and animation. Should have repeated episode 4s formula and just have different situations and locations.
Jul 1, 2016 11:50 AM

May 2014
CuteGuineaPig said:
So there is romance in the last episode or this is bullshit from the shipping fans

no romance unfortunately, I would have liked to see Ikoma and Ayame together. Ikoma only thinks of mumei as a little sister so that will never happen
Jul 1, 2016 12:00 PM

May 2015
Holy crap, the amount of hate for this finale. I can understand it, but at the same time, really? I, on the other hand, enjoyed this finale. The second half of this show was definitely weaker than the first half, though - fuck you Biba. But damn, I'm a big sucker for great OST and action. 9/10.

Jul 1, 2016 12:03 PM
Jun 2014
It was alright, the development was great, but I wish they'd make an OVA with them eating rice or something. There are gonna be films, but thats just summaries
Jul 1, 2016 12:11 PM

Jul 2012
LeFlower-kun said:
Meh, this show went downhill since Biba's appearance and existence. He should have never existed and the show should have stuck with its original survival concept and episode 4 was easily the peak and best episode before it went mediocre. Still giving a generous 8 because I'm a nice guy and love the OST music and art and animation. Should have repeated episode 4s formula and just have different situations and locations.
Episode 4 is probably my favorite so I would like that too, if it weren't for the fact that "episode 4's formula" is not exactly repeatable. It hinged on Ikoma and Mumei being initially rejected by the Kotetsujyo crew. If an attack like that happened again, Ikoma would murder that Wazatori so quickly and easily that it probably wouldn't be able to kill anyone first. It is fair to ask for more fights like what we see in the opening, but I don't think Kabane have many opportunities to get on the train and they are too easy to beat if everyone is working together...
Jul 1, 2016 12:28 PM

Jun 2013
that badass intro walk lol well this didn't really feel that epic like seriouslt is that it?
Jul 1, 2016 12:37 PM

Jul 2015
Ohhhhh finally, been wanting to see Ikoma fight all week, too bad he don't look nearly as cool as he did at the end of the previous episode. That was one awesome final battle, and it ended so fast. I find it quite fitting that Mumei be the one to finish of her brother, especially considering all the crap he put her through. Ultimately a happy ending, though considering how many people were killed and all, it does feel a bit weird, and a bit too quick but I can look pass that considering the situation... Ah well, 8/10.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Jul 1, 2016 12:46 PM

Nov 2011
first 4 episodes: 10/10
final score: 7/10

i'm disappointed.

GET DROPBOX HERE!
Bonus space for you and me with this link! Now 500MB per referral, up to 16GB from referrals alone.
Jul 1, 2016 12:53 PM

Apr 2013
Mumei ruined this shit for me, I can't believe people were actually comparing this trainwreck to AOT.
Jul 1, 2016 12:58 PM

Feb 2015
A pretty dissapointing ending imo just because of that ending. if Ikoma died, i would probably said "an okay ending overall" but that ending just doesn't make any sense to me. his heart wasn't even shining and yet he survived.

put that aside, there are 2 thing which bothers my enjoyment. first is the appearence of Biba and second is the ending from this episode. Every since Biba appeared, everything felt weird to me. probably because the character relation between mumei and biba and ikoma were really hard to understand for me or more like it was very werid. but overall animation and soundtrack, imo it was superb but sometimes the action went into another level which i can call it "absurd/unlogical" well, i know this is a fiction but this show meant to be taken seriously right ? yet they made something very unlogical suddenly and moreover without any explanation before or after. For example : DAT beam from a certain episode.

other than that, i think the concept of Kabaneri and Kabane, Soundtrack and Animation are interesting and superb imo. really entertaining to watch for that points. i think this anime has a really great potential if they didn't make it look very similiar like SnK. if they put a new idea, fresh original story plot, probably this show would be more better than this imo. and probably it would be a little bit more better if they didn't show/make biba in this show. basically, what i'm trying to say that Biba is the core/the main reason why this show looks bad in most people eyes. 8/10 for me, but not solid. more spesifically 7.9/10

This show is a hit in the first 4/3 episode but it went miss after biba appeared.
if you dislike this show you need to blame the person who made biba character.
Jul 1, 2016 1:00 PM

Mar 2011
Just above average. 6/10.

Men are props on the stage of life, and no matter how tender, how exquisite…
A lie will remain a lie.

Jul 1, 2016 1:01 PM
May 2013
Darklight0303 said:

Biba never hated Ikoma. He wasn't angry with him for showing up in Kongokaku. He was excited even happy in a way. Because he was proving everything he knew wrong.

Curing Ikoma was meant to allow him to fight one last time but then he got angry because Ikoma was not getting up fast enough while he was still standing. Alternatively maybe he wanted to reward Ikoma for emerging the victor instead of letting him take the easy way out and die together with him in the end.

Biba didn't have any plan beyond killing his father and destroying Kongokaku. You see him wonder what to destroy next demonstrating the lack of foresight.

His well paved road ended at Kongokaku.

"What should I destroy next?" I don't think he was actually looking for something more either. He's been driven solely by the thoughts of revenge and knows not how to carry on now. He's still beset with demons despite having achieved his goals.

Given the short glimpse of a happy child riding with his father, I don't think Biba was inherently evil, he became so along the way; he probably had the same ideals as Ikoma in the beginning before the betrayal. He seems to have a grudging respect/liking for Ikoma.

Yeah, injecting Ikoma with the serum allows himself a chance to fight Ikoma (face his demons) and if he himself emerges the victor, he might feel a sense of worth in surviving. He probably realises it is not a likely outcome and that death is the only end for him. He wasn't even mad at Mumei for her act.
Jul 1, 2016 1:08 PM

Jan 2011
I honestly think it would've been better if Biba had not been a bad guy and just represented a more extreme way of going about surviving. You would've still had the character foil shiz they were going for and perhaps characters would've developed better. But then again it would've prolly still been rushed. I dunno, like Tev said I enjoyed the first part a lot more than I thought, and the snail pacing and time wasting of Re: Zero made me get behind this one by like the second or third episode. I'll admit I still liked it even when the colony came into the picture and I found the SOL ep surprisingly enjoyable. Biba seemed pretty cool when he popped up though it was almost obvious where he was going. The part specifically caused a change in how I felt about this show. Biba's antics didn't shock me, they annoyed me. I kept feeling the sense of urgency slipping and being replaced with the same vibe you stick your head in the back of the fridge right after you take in something and go "But wait? How...? Eh...""
Jul 1, 2016 1:09 PM
May 2013
HyperL said:
kamisama751 said:

Oh, if your list is semi-comedic I guess is ok, and I won't deny the problems you pointed out now, they pretty true...

Oh. just for comedic purpose eh? (not that I didn't think it was comedic) I guess you don't want me to tell you where the flowers were then ;)
Jul 1, 2016 1:12 PM

Nov 2015
Good ending but rushes. I was expecting Ikoma to die but he survived. 7/10

Jul 1, 2016 1:31 PM
Dec 2013
That was alright. I mean I've seen worse endings but they wrapped it all up.
Might actually see a second season, which I may or may not end up watching.
Jul 1, 2016 1:39 PM

Oct 2015
What the hell are they going to do after this, I mean wasn't the whole point of the journey to get to that fortress of a city? I really loved the entire thing and I don't think this is a bad ending, I think its a season that didn't need to be too long because it really is just a zombie survival story in a train.
Jul 1, 2016 1:43 PM
Oct 2010
the score is nice... 77.7 i hope it stays like that....
LUCKY NUMBER that leads to lucky 2nd season ^^
Jul 1, 2016 1:45 PM
Oct 2010
mcrider said:
What the hell are they going to do after this, I mean wasn't the whole point of the journey to get to that fortress of a city? I really loved the entire thing and I don't think this is a bad ending, I think its a season that didn't need to be too long because it really is just a zombie survival story in a train.
^

re take the aragane station..
looking for mumei cure...
surviving..
find out whats behind the kabane virus..

that's plenty for this kind of setting, not
Jul 1, 2016 1:51 PM
Apr 2011
Wasted potential. The premise is good but the writer relied on cliches and stereotypes. This is the only anime that I watched this year and it was disappointing. Oh well at least Mob Psycho 100 won't disappoint.
Jul 1, 2016 1:56 PM
Mar 2016
Damn...some things were a bit predictable but it was a satisfying ending for the anime. A lot of questions still don't have answers so hopefully the manga will be made to answer some of them. I just wish that there was a second season scheduled or even have rumours about one.
Pages (13) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Koutetsujou no Kabaneri Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 23, 2016

408 by Ricky16 »»
Sep 16, 9:55 AM

Poll: » Koutetsujou no Kabaneri Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 16, 2016

394 by Ricky16 »»
Sep 16, 9:29 AM

Poll: » Koutetsujou no Kabaneri Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 9, 2016

525 by Ricky16 »»
Sep 15, 11:16 AM

Poll: » Koutetsujou no Kabaneri Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 2, 2016

395 by Ricky16 »»
Sep 15, 11:11 AM

Poll: » Koutetsujou no Kabaneri Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 26, 2016

368 by Ricky16 »»
Sep 15, 11:10 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.