Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Konosuba: God's Blessing on This Wonderful World! (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Jan 24, 2016 6:50 PM

Sep 2013
Kazuma constantly keeps calling her stupid and making fun of her really low intelligence and shallowness.
But Aqua doesn't act like a retarded person.
She acts like a normal girl from this generation.
Plus her being sexualized like that's the only good thing about her lead to my point that:

the whole thing is the author's social commentary and fetish on belittling those types of girls.

Guess some girls made fun of him/her, dumped him or something.

Thoughts?
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jan 25, 2016 12:45 AM
Nov 2015
You just wait, Aqua only gets more derpy as the story goes on.

Btw she is rather retarded, she can't even be compared to a goddess as she is probably dumber than most humans.
Jan 25, 2016 2:24 AM
Oct 2012
I think you're taking a slapstick comedy way too seriously tbh.

Pretty sure this was written for the laughs... not some deep symbolic expression of the author's psyche.
Jan 27, 2016 2:17 AM

Apr 2011
There is no such thing as bullying Aqua too much.
Jan 27, 2016 3:01 PM

Mar 2013
You are overthinking this.
Jan 27, 2016 3:19 PM
Mar 2014
Kazuma died trying to save someone (even if it was useless, LOL) and Aqua literally laughed in his face. Then he risks his life getting chased by a giant frog and she just stands there and makes fun of him.

Aqua is arrogant so his response is warranted. I find it hilarious how they constantly bicker and shit talk each other.
Jan 27, 2016 3:21 PM

Jan 2015
Lol just wait Aqua really earns her low intelligence points.
Big Order (TV):great anime or greatest anime?
Feb 3, 2016 1:31 PM

Jul 2013
trust me she has no real redeeming qualities except being useless for the most of the time. not even that, sometimes she even makes things harder than they already are.

all the other girls at least have some redeeming quality, but she? nope, just annoying at this point.

go on! bash her harder!
current LN reading:
Death March kara hajimaru isekai kyousoukyoku
translated here
for those who are interested in other forums about animes, check randomc.net, reddit.com/r/anime and forum.animesuki.com
Feb 3, 2016 1:43 PM

Jan 2012
Lol.
At the end of episode 11 (End of volume 2) , you will realize just how much of an idiot she really is.
Feb 4, 2016 1:17 AM

Mar 2009
MC's kind of a dick, yeah.
Feb 4, 2016 2:00 AM
Jul 2018
This is a comedy, don't look into it too much.
Feb 4, 2016 3:33 AM

Dec 2014
I believe aqua deserve that much. She just irritates him so much. Learning magic tricks instead of powerful spells.... I mean Come on
Feb 4, 2016 4:30 AM

Jun 2011
Not really she always makes things harder for him.
Othinus
Touma
Pairing

http://hestia.dance/
Feb 4, 2016 6:29 AM

Jan 2016
KirbyRawr said:
Not really she always makes things harder for him.

yeah she is the worst in kazuma's party
Feb 4, 2016 10:12 PM
Jun 2010
Don't forget, Kazuma actually goes out of his way to face off the orcs to protect the girls from the cliche of fantasy hentai *cough* even if the result was not what he wanted.
Feb 4, 2016 10:51 PM
Apr 2012
Every anime in human history is about girls belittling and making fun of boys. This is one of the very few anime where it's the other way around. If anyone is bothered by it, I recommend, watching literally any other anime that exists. =D

I love Kazuma's honesty. Very refreshing.
Feb 5, 2016 12:33 AM
Jan 2013
Nope it's a parody of the Twgok Keima- Elsie Dynamic.They do argue and biker a lot, but that does not mean that they hate each other.They do help each other when needed,so I wouldn't call it abuse lol.
Relationships arent about being a perfect yes-man.

Feb 5, 2016 1:28 AM

Jan 2016
I can't wait to see people's reaction when they see episode 5.
Feb 5, 2016 3:41 AM
Jun 2010
lol. I want to see the chapter where Kazuma trade team members temporarily animated XD
Feb 5, 2016 6:16 AM

May 2009
He treats this slut too kind
Feb 6, 2016 1:45 AM
Jan 2013
Cr7_vi_Britannia said:

besides of the author be retarded, he should probably be a nerd, loser, otaku, who rarely spoke and had contact with people of the opposite sex, as well as a masochist who loves being beaten by imaginary girls or waifus 2D, or probably he ended up cutting his hand on a blank sheet of paper, or he slammed with your head on a copier machine.
Speaking about blank sheet of paper, she have an amazing resemblance to the development, personality and developments of the generic heroines that are totally blank and null, he probably should use the copier machine, that he hit his head to make hundreds of copies these generic heroines, he just has the work to think in a name to each of these copies of generic heroines, that were made.

Chill dude.

Ture,there was a point where anime always hard the hero getting kicked around and bullied.(no thanks to Evangelion)

But in recent times(2010ish) its no longer the case.At least the hero's is no longer flamed,(even worshiped)'.
And the whole "only betas will want this".It's actually the feminists complaining about the Aqua abuse lol.

And didn't this anime do what you wanted?

Feb 11, 2016 12:32 PM
Feb 2015
ichii_1 said:
Kazuma constantly keeps calling her stupid and making fun of her really low intelligence and shallowness.
But Aqua doesn't act like a retarded person.
She acts like a normal girl from this generation.
Plus her being sexualized like that's the only good thing about her lead to my point that:

the whole thing is the author's social commentary and fetish on belittling those types of girls.

Guess some girls made fun of him/her, dumped him or something.

Thoughts?

the author IS a girl, and straight

You probably should watch more episodes, Aqua isn't just stupid, she's arrogant, rude, lazy and selfish. And the MC-Aqua dynamic is pretty funny, as both of them insult the other mercilessly, it's not just one person beating on another.
Feb 11, 2016 12:42 PM

Sep 2013
RaiZero said:

I saw it, Kazuma is just a edgy kid who didn't get his way and has tantrums.
Keeping Aqua in a cage and not even helping her.
Stealing and selling that hero's armor and bullying/threatening his teammates.
Feb 11, 2016 3:15 PM

Jan 2014
ichii_1 said:
RaiZero said:

He is just your usual depressed,disappointed teenager you can find anywhere in real life...he is not a hero,he is not an exceptionally good person and he is not a "nice" harem protagonist...

This anime is a parody and Kazuma does an excellent job at being a parody of your usual "hero" character...JUST LIKE SAITAMA OF ONE PUNCH MAN

Stop trying to make him worse than he actually is,he is not a villain or hero,if anything he is an anti-hero
Feb 11, 2016 4:19 PM

Apr 2014
I believe you have not read the novel...this is nothing compare to the three of them do to him.
I don't want to spoiler so yea, let's leave it at that.
Feb 11, 2016 4:37 PM
Oct 2015
ichii_1 said:
Did you watch it properly (as in actually pay attention)? Kazuma did offered some help but Aqua flatly rejected it because she wanted the reward money so badly.

ichii_1 said:
It's a sword, not armor. Also, the man himself had said that he'd grant one request if Kazuma won the duel. Kazuma simply took his reward there. It's not stealing because it'd be Kyouya who took Aqua from Kazuma had the duel ended differently.
Feb 11, 2016 7:22 PM
Jan 2013
ichii_1 said:
RaiZero said:

Cause heaven forbid our protagonist is not Jesus Christ or a prefectly sympathetic shinji ikari clone.
God forbid he has a human personality.

Feb 11, 2016 7:40 PM

Jan 2016
ichii_1 said:
RaiZero said:

that Mitsurugi himself did said that he will do anything if Kazuma wins. Kazuma threatening Mitsurugi's party member is a just action because they said that Kazuma is a coward although the real coward is that Mitsurugi that is a Level 37 swordmaster challenging Kazuma with a sword fight by using his Demon Sword Gram while Kazuma is only a Level 6 adventurer that use a short sword.
and also
Feb 11, 2016 8:51 PM

Jul 2015
ichii_1 said:
RaiZero said:

LazyLuong said:

Maledict said:

Lmfao, so it's completely fine for 80% of male leads in every anime ever to frequently get smacked or even abused by women for nothing at all, but now that Aqua is ''treated as an item" (which she is not) it's suddenly a no-no.

Like their stupid little riot would affect anything anyway.

The irony is the line:
She just acts like "a girl," or more accurately, an over-the-top facsimile of how a cliché otaku might describe "that 3-D bitch, looking down on me."

People fall into repetitive buzzword bullshit with these heroines:
''Waifu is Cute"

Do you complain too much? (or not enough?)
Cr7_vi_BritanniaFeb 11, 2016 9:00 PM
Feb 11, 2016 9:36 PM

Sep 2013
@RaiZero that makes more sense then the way the anime portrayed it.

Ryuutobi said:
ichii_1 said:
Did you watch it properly (as in actually pay attention)? Kazuma did offered some help but Aqua flatly rejected it because she wanted the reward money so badly.

She was traumatized cause no one helped her when the alligators attacked (even thou they said they would).

Cr7_vi_Britannia said:

Maledict said:

[color=red][b]Lmfao, so it's completely fine for 80% of male leads in every anime ever to frequently get smacked or even abused by women for nothing at all, but now that Aqua is ''treated as an item" (which she is not) it's suddenly a no-no.

Do you complain too much? (or not enough?)

Alot of people complain about the girl on guy violence.
Why is this guy and girl abuse not even an issue for you when you don't tolerate girl on boy? sounds like double standards all around.
Feb 11, 2016 10:21 PM
Oct 2015
ichii_1 said:
Ryuutobi said:

She was traumatized cause no one helped her when the alligators attacked (even thou they said they would).
They would've helped her had she not rejected their offer to pull the cage & run away together.

ichii_1 said:
Why is this guy and girl abuse not even an issue for you when you don't tolerate girl on boy? sounds like double standards all around.
No, we don't mind. That's why there are no thread like this one in subforums for those generic shounen animes where the MC gets abused by the girl(s). It's you who first made the complain, we countered that with the fact that we never made a fuss about those countless male abuse before you ever bring this up.
Feb 12, 2016 4:43 AM

Mar 2013

Watch again carefully. They offered to run away together. She rejected because she want $$$
Attacking the Alligators is out of question because all of them are all low level and it will contaminate the lake with blood.
I mean, they are having trouble against friggin frogs. You expect them to be able to fight Alligators?

What if his team help her out without her consent?
She will go back to lake after getting out of the cage and become Alligator's meal for the sake of $$$

You're just looking a way to blame everything on Kazuma.
Kazuma is a huge jerk and lazy guy but you're grasping at straw here.

we never made a fuss about those countless male abuse before you ever bring this up.

Actually, there are people who make a fuss about it but they are the minority.
Almost non-existent but there are people who complains.
fateoffateFeb 12, 2016 5:01 AM
Feb 12, 2016 5:22 AM

Jan 2016
I don't know why many people didn't like Kazuma. Is it because he seems to be bullying Aqua by his actions such as telling Aqua an idiot or something. I want to remind everyone that Kazuma is not that bad because when they arrived to that world although he already realized that Aqua is somehow useless and idiot he didn't leave Aqua behind and let her into his party.
And also can't wait to see people reaction when they saw episode 6 because I think that after that many people will start pitying Kazuma instead of Aqua.
Feb 12, 2016 9:32 AM

Mar 2013
people will start pitying Kazuma instead of Aqua.

I doubt it. They will find a way to blame it on Kazuma.
It's impossible talking to people like this.
Feb 12, 2016 9:35 AM

Apr 2014
Aqua is the character I hate the most from KonoSuba thus I'm glad when she's yelled at or made fun of
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 13, 2016 10:42 PM
Jul 2013
yeah that was not cool

she's still a girl no matter how stupid aqua is

but i also understand that that just her role nothing we can do about it she's the clown of konosuba
Feb 14, 2016 5:58 PM

Dec 2015
I agree. KonoSuba is a show that passes off degrading and insulting treatments of females as comedy, and tries to justify it by various means. In a way, it's worse than shows like Shokugeki, because those don't bother to justify their sexist scenes. KonoSuba though, is appalling in that matter. In fact, in episode 5, Kazuma calls himself someone who supports gender equality, which is obviously untrue. He's making fun of the feminist movement and I simply cannot stand a show that tries to drive such political messages through so-called comedy.
Feb 14, 2016 6:04 PM

Mar 2013
CherryLover said:
I agree. KonoSuba is a show that passes off degrading and insulting treatments of females as comedy, and tries to justify it by various means. In a way, it's worse than shows like Shokugeki, because those don't bother to justify their sexist scenes. KonoSuba though, is appalling in that matter. In fact, in episode 5, Kazuma calls himself someone who supports gender equality, which is obviously untrue. He's making fun of the feminist movement and I simply cannot stand a show that tries to drive such political messages through so-called comedy.

did you watch this show just so you could decry it as patriarchal propaganda?
Feb 14, 2016 6:08 PM

Dec 2015
fst said:
CherryLover said:

Did you quote me just so you could sound all righteous and cool?
Feb 14, 2016 6:52 PM
Oct 2012
CherryLover said:

No, they quoted you to show how shallow you are.

First, this show is written by a woman. Second, every character overturns standard fantasy tropes. Far from being "degrading to women", this show implodes such male fantasies.

Third, this episode should have explained things to you. Kazuma may be annoyed with the members in his party, but he understands them far better than anyone else does.
Feb 14, 2016 7:23 PM

Mar 2013
CherryLover said:
fst said:

Truthfully, it's all I can say since any sort of rational discourse on the topic at hand is either above your level or inconsistent with your agenda.
Feb 14, 2016 10:30 PM

Jan 2016
CherryLover said:

seriously why does everyone is saying that KonoSuba is a show that passes off degrading and insulting treatments of females. Is is because of Kazuma is always calling Aqua an idiot or useless. It is true that Kazuma sometimes seems perverted and all but he is always is thinking about his party member and always help clean up the mess that his party members did. Also everyone said that they don't like this story because Kazuma always bully Aqua or something but I think that is just because haven't seen how much trouble Aqua will bring to their party.
And Kazumais not a bastard like all you think if he is such kind of a person then he will definitely kick Aqua out of the party when he saw how useless Aqua is.
RaiZeroFeb 14, 2016 10:33 PM
Feb 14, 2016 10:59 PM
Nov 2015
In a market where 99.9% of harem shows are filled with Mr nice guy and Jesus- kun type MCs, Kazuma feels like a breath of fresh air, he isn't dumb and can actually think for himself while also still maintaining the fact that he isn't hero and just a teenager with its set of flaws that comes with it.
Feb 15, 2016 3:33 AM

Mar 2013
I think Kazuma is written as a boyfriend material for the author.
She is probably sick of the usual white knight protagonist.
Feb 15, 2016 7:07 AM
Nov 2015
CherryLover said:

I lol'd

I bet if Aqua was a dude instead, you would perfectly fine with him being abused and mocked all day.

Feminists in the end of the day are nothing but hypocrites.
Feb 15, 2016 7:13 AM

Oct 2015
Asking to kazuma hater: so what would you do if you swap with kazuma...?
Feb 15, 2016 7:45 AM

Oct 2014
"Cute is justice" thread, huh?

Revvie-chanFeb 15, 2016 8:37 AM
Feb 15, 2016 9:14 AM

Dec 2015
A_Little_Birdy said:

I lol'd

I bet if Aqua was a dude instead, you would perfectly fine with him being abused and mocked all day.

I would be fine if he deserved it. But Aqua didn't. She doesn't deserve all the abuse that thrown at her by Kazuma.

Dedy_Wicak_Sono said:

Treat his companions with the respect they deserve? Is that a rhetorical question?
Feb 15, 2016 9:26 AM

Jun 2014
CherryLover said:
A_Little_Birdy said:

I lol'd

I would be fine if he deserved it. But Aqua didn't. She doesn't deserve all the abuse that thrown at her by Kazuma.

Dedy_Wicak_Sono said:

Treat his companions with the respect they deserve? Is that a rhetorical question?

That's the thing. Aqua is stupid and on top of that she's arrogant. She doesn't deserve respect.
Akatsuki_NinJun 18, 2017 3:46 AM
Feb 15, 2016 11:42 AM
Mar 2014
Aqua gives as good as she gets. Have you forgotten how cruel she was when talking about Kazuma's death in episode 1?

Insulting a guy = totally fine

Insulting a girl = OMG misogyny!!11

Why the double standard?
dirtyuncleFeb 15, 2016 12:01 PM
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo! Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 2, 2016

226 by fillelio »»
Oct 9, 7:09 AM

Poll: » Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo! Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 27, 2016

280 by Pjackreznick »»
Oct 1, 5:54 AM

Poll: » Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

-Karoshi- - Jan 12, 2016

392 by Pjackreznick »»
Sep 27, 9:26 AM

Poll: » Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo! Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 16, 2016

424 by VincentSmokey »»
Sep 26, 7:28 AM

Poll: » Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 9, 2016

373 by BatataSozinha »»
Aug 27, 5:29 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.