Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Feb 14, 2016 12:52 PM

Jul 2013
EDIT APRIL 11TH: This thread has now been changed to a pre-anime release discussion; the old topic is from pages 1-13.

SPOILERS IN FOLLOWING COMMENTS

There was an article that was publish around the time after Comiket, which contains interviews of Tanaka, Kai, and Itaru Hinoue.

Here is the translation, provided by our good friend Usuzumiiro: (EDIT: I've replaced the original translation with the better one; again as provided by Usuzumiiro)

As you can see, they say that 'the direction sometimes turns back', for example 'go back to episode 3'. So this to me looks like they are working with omnibus format.

It was also revealed that Tanaka and Kai aren't actually writing the script themselves, but they are providing script assistance and supervision. The actual script writer has not been announced yet, so they refer to him/her as 'Scenario writer A'. Although, on a later page, Tanaka clarifies that he has a big role in this project. This is a good thing and a bad thing. Good, because Kai and Tanaka don't have any experience writing script for anime format, so we have an actual script writer doing it. Bad, because we don't know who it is at the moment, and we don't know how much control Kai and Tanaka have over what is included.

Post your thoughts.
sanata50lbsbApr 11, 2016 2:38 PM
この世界には。。。秘密がある
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (60) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Feb 14, 2016 2:21 PM

Sep 2012
Some quick thoughts:

a) To me, it also seems like he's talking about the omnibus format. If so, that's a very good confirmation because it was something that was worrying me, and obviously it was vital for the adaptation to even work well.

b) The scenario person only having experience with comedies and moe shows does worry me a bit though, and heck even he was surprised to have been picked for this project... it makes me think of weird things that I'd rather not.

c) Not sure what to think of Tanaka not being the scriptwriter, but hopefully his role is big enough that he can control what's going to happen to a decent degree. But it poses the question: if neither of them are the scriptwriter, then who the hell is? Hopefully it's someone who's competent at least...

At least I'm glad to hear from someone associated with the project itself that they are working with the omnibus format, that's one problem out of the way! Now I want to know about the episode count, though we probably won't get any news on that front for a long time.
Feb 14, 2016 3:06 PM

Nov 2014
That foreshadowing about the omnibus format makes me hopeful.
The Scenario writer being of the "mainly comedy and moe" type does not.
Feb 14, 2016 3:14 PM

Jul 2013
Here is the bit about Tanaka's involvement taken from a later page:
ーーところで、お話をうかがってると田中さんは「脚本協力」といいながらも、かなり深く今回のアニメに関っているような気がするのですが……。

田中 / Tanaka

深く関わっているかと言われればそのとおりですね。どういう意味においてなのかは、後々発表されると思います。
If you ask if I'm deeply involved, then I'll have to say the answer is yes, I am indeed. In what way I mean that will be announced soon I think.

Also, Usuzumiiro has provided another translation for the main interview with some fixed grammar issues if you are interested:
この世界には。。。秘密がある
Feb 14, 2016 3:15 PM

Sep 2015
Hopefully the scenario writer does well- I'm always open for the chance of a new guy making his debut.

Looking forwards to the possible omnibus format- as long as it doesn't get TOO repetitive, it should be fine. Hopefully they find a unique and mysterious way of showing the audience the change occuring (I remember a user here said something about showing Kagari tracing the lines of the tree or something) so that it's not a total "Wait, wtf?" Show.

As always, thanks for translating Usuzumiiro!

Feb 14, 2016 3:23 PM

Aug 2014
The scenario guy having mainly worked with "comedy & moe" is a pretty weird choice, but whatever. Atleast the common route will turn nicely, I guess? Atleast the 99.9% confirmation of it being omnibus is good to hear. I'm quite curious about who the scenario writer is the most...
Feb 14, 2016 3:27 PM

Jul 2013
Snappynator said:
The scenario guy having mainly worked with "comedy & moe" is a pretty weird choice, but whatever. Atleast the common route will turn nicely, I guess? Atleast the 99.9% confirmation of it being omnibus is good to hear. I'm quite curious about who the scenario writer is the most...

At this point, as long as it isn't Hideyuki Kurata (Grisaia's) then I'm fine.
この世界には。。。秘密がある
Feb 14, 2016 3:35 PM

Sep 2014
I think they are talking about not being able to make any major changes after the storyboard is submitted, as opposed to a VN where they can change whatever they want until the voice recording begins, not about omnibus.
There is no sanity here, we are madmen engaging in usless folly.
Feb 14, 2016 3:41 PM

Mar 2013
Tanaka also states that he "doesn't think that much will be changed from the game"

There's also news about a new version of a Rewrite game.
Kai describes it as being "a rewrite of Rewrite" with new CG. He says it's to make the direction that's difficult to understand more clear.

The quote:

Question:
ーー『Rewrite』の新しいバージョンが出るというお話があると聞きましたが……
(I heard news that a new version of "Rewrite" will be released......)

Kai's response:

「『Rewrite』をリライトする」という感じで、わかりにくいと思われる演出を明確にしたものをWindows版で発売する予定です。当時、事情により封印されていたCGも解放される予定です(笑)。

Also for the guys / fellow Lucia fanboys, in the new Rewrite game release Hinoue mentions a possibility of Lucia's shirt scene, being in her underwear instead. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

ルチアの、シャツを着てるシーンが下着になってたり……。

I'm hoping they add it, if not:

この妖怪め…何度背後に立とうが俺はこの川原から立ち退くつもりはない。逆に俺が貴様を追い払…なにその顔? 
ああ…前回失礼な事して、俺に睨まれたモンだから気に病んでるのか?心配御無用。男子高校生は傷つけられるのは慣れっこッス

Feb 14, 2016 3:57 PM

Jul 2013
Usuzumiiro said:
Tanaka also states that he "doesn't think that much will be changed from the game"

This here is quite promising. Then again, that has nothing to do with what may be cut from the game
この世界には。。。秘密がある
Feb 14, 2016 5:29 PM

Jul 2013
Another quote from the main writer

脚本 / Scenario guy

先ほども言ったようにキャラクター、それと原作の空気を再現することです。でも、「これダメかな?
ロミオさんに怒られるんじゃないかな」と思って書いたものが意外とオッケーだったりすることありましたけど(笑)。
Like I said before, reproducing the characters' and the atmosphere of the original.
But I thought when I was writing some things 'This is no good, is it? Won't Romeo-san be angry with me?', but he surprisingly gave the " OK" to me (*laughs*)

I think it's good that he's considering what Tanaka thinks when writing the script. So that in itself is a good sign.
この世界には。。。秘密がある
Feb 14, 2016 6:33 PM

Nov 2014
Usuzumiiro said:
There's also news about a new version of a Rewrite game.
Kai describes it as being "a rewrite of Rewrite" with new CG. He says it's to make the direction that's difficult to understand more clear.

A remaster, a remake or an updated version of the game, huh?
Feb 14, 2016 9:16 PM

May 2014
Not sure about the guy seeing that he mainly works with moe and comedy. Will need to see what works he has done in the past 1st to judge, just hope he doesn't stuff it up but glad he's considering Tanaka when writing the script. Now just need to hear the episode count.
Feb 15, 2016 9:42 AM

Jun 2014
I think I know who is the scriptwriter of the anime.
Yuniko Ayana, she only works on comedy/moe and she worked with Tensho(Motoki Tanaka) on Kiniro Mosaic
Feb 15, 2016 9:50 AM

Jun 2014
btw sanata50lbsb, could you please give me the source to the interview translation or post it all here ?
Feb 15, 2016 10:09 AM

Jul 2013
zaydgh123 said:
btw sanata50lbsb, could you please give me the source to the interview translation or post it all here ?

Both the interview and the translation are inside the spoiler links in the first post :)
この世界には。。。秘密がある
Feb 15, 2016 10:25 AM

Jul 2013
zaydgh123 said:
sanata50lbsb said:

Both the interview and the translation are inside the spoiler links in the first post :)

I read all of it but from where did you get the:
"深く関わっているかと言われればそのとおりですね。どういう意味においてなのかは、後々発表されると思います。
If you ask if I'm deeply involved, then I'll have to say the answer is yes, I am indeed. In what way I mean that will be announced soon I think."
"?

That was from a different page, but from the same interview. Usuzumiiro translated the whole thing, but found that the first page (the one I provided) was the most useful. Then, after a second re-read, he found that quote from Tanaka on a different page. I can post that picture where that quote came from if you'd like.
この世界には。。。秘密がある
Feb 15, 2016 10:30 AM

Jun 2014
sanata50lbsb said:
zaydgh123 said:

I read all of it but from where did you get the:
"深く関わっているかと言われればそのとおりですね。どういう意味においてなのかは、後々発表されると思います。
If you ask if I'm deeply involved, then I'll have to say the answer is yes, I am indeed. In what way I mean that will be announced soon I think."
"?

That was from a different page, but from the same interview. Usuzumiiro translated the whole thing, but found that the first page (the one I provided) was the most useful. Then, after a second re-read, he found that quote from Tanaka on a different page. I can post that picture where that quote came from if you'd like.

ohhhhhhhh he translated the whole thing? where can I find it ?
Feb 15, 2016 11:11 AM
Jul 2018
This seems quite interesting with the format that they're going to use, at the same time regarding on the scenario writer, Hmmm... might take a look and see for the time being. But still, I'm quite open minded with these things.
Feb 15, 2016 11:34 AM

Jul 2013
zaydgh123 said:
sanata50lbsb said:

ohhhhhhhh he translated the whole thing? where can I find it ?

The whole thing is divided between those pages you just posted. As for the Tanaka quote from earlier, I think Usuzumiiro said that it's on the Lucia page.
この世界には。。。秘密がある
Feb 15, 2016 11:43 AM

Jun 2014
There is a Lucia page? damn I'm starting to feel like I'm living under a stone.
so where can I find it
Feb 15, 2016 12:19 PM

Jul 2013
zaydgh123 said:
There is a Lucia page? damn I'm starting to feel like I'm living under a stone.
so where can I find it

It's inside this one:
この世界には。。。秘密がある
Feb 15, 2016 1:00 PM

Jun 2014
I thought you were going to lead me to a fanpage where the translation of the thing is there ;-;
Feb 15, 2016 1:02 PM

Jul 2013
zaydgh123 said:
I thought you were going to lead me to a fanpage where the translation of the thing is there ;-;

Oh, you wanted a translation of that whole page? Usuzumiiro only gave me that tiny bit, because he thought that was the only thing worth noting on that page. Though he told me he'd be giving it a more thorough read of it soon (he gave me quick translation the first time)
この世界には。。。秘密がある
Feb 15, 2016 1:09 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
I don't think there is any other way than Omnibus to possibly make an anime adaptation of Rewrite so this shouldn't exactly come as a surprise if it turns out to be true. Still it's always nice to hear some pseudo-confirmation of it
Feb 15, 2016 1:15 PM

Oct 2012
Good that's one down (well, it's all but confirmed at this stage), now just for the episode/season count.
Feb 15, 2016 2:41 PM

Mar 2013
What I translated was mainly the conversation on the Kotori page I did quickly in reply to a message, because that was the only one I thought with enough beneficial information worth translating at the time, then sanata posted it for others to see because he wondered why nobody has been talking about it (I was busy with translating some parts of Sakura no Uta as a test).

Any other quote that isn't there, is any quote I thought was helpful when looking at the other pages briefly when replying to sanata. For example, on the other pages, they are talking about the names of some characters being place names (like '此花'), A-san's thoughts after playing Rewrite, "Tenshou's Yoshino love", the atmosphere of the game, jokes and general things about the game that I didn't think many would care about or just go "tl;dr".

Some of it is blurry, but if all of it really needs translating for curiosity sake I'll probably do it once I get home (I'm on my phone) starting with Lucia's page (it has a bit of things I find interesting), since they imply the length of the script for the first episode there.
There isn't that much talk about the characters themselves, despite the pages having them on it.

Some interesting things from that page in the meantime:

脚本 / Scenario guy

脚本ってだいたい1話ペラ80枚ぐらいなんですけど、『Rewrite』の場合初稿で130〜140枚ぐらい書いてて、たまに100ぐらいだと、今回少ねーなという感じで感覚が麻痺してます(笑)。
そこから削っていくんですけど、やっぱり削がれるのはまずギャグシーンですね。
The script for a first episode is around 80 sheets of half-sized papers worth (booklet-sized), in Rewrite's case I wrote around 130~140 draft sheets, sometimes I wrote around 100 but thought it wasn't enough this time, and my sensations still began to cease (*laughs*)
I began to trim the script, thinking I guess it should be some of the gag scenes that I cut.

田中 / Tanaka

Aさんから「ギャグが削られちゃいました」という話はよく聞きました。
I heard from you A-san that you "trimmed down the gag comedy" many times.

脚本 / Scenario guy

まず自分で80何枚かまで絞って、
あとは「監督お願いします」という感じで (笑)、毎回凝縮しています。
だから「薄い」とは思われないでしょうね。
First I squeezed the script down to 80 or so papers, and then was like 'please, please director' (LOL), and 'condensed' the script each time.
So I don't think anyone will think the content is "lacking".

田中 / Tanaka

そうですね。内容が薄いということはまずないと思います。
Yes, agreed. I don't think the contents are lacking at all.

Question:
ーーところで、お話をうかがってると田中さんは「脚本協力」といいながらも、かなり深く今回のアニメに関わっているような気がするのですが……。
-- By the way, I hear that while Tanaka-san is said to be doing 'script cooperation', I have a hunch you are actually deeply involved with this anime this time around......(?)

田中 / Tanaka

深く関わっているかと言われればそのとおりですね。どういう意味においてなのかは、後々発表されると思います。
If you ask if I'm deeply involved, then I'll have to say the answer is yes, I am indeed. In what way I mean that will be announced soon I think.

〜〜
ーーなるほど、期待しておきます(笑)。それと、アニメとは直接関係ないのですが、『Rewrite』の新しいバージョンが出るというお話があると聞きましたが……
-- I see. I'll be looking forward to that (*laughs*). Also, it's not really related to the anime itself, but I heard news that a new version of "Rewrite" will be released......)

魁 / Kai
「『Rewrite』をリライトする」という感じで、わかりにくいと思われる演出を明確にしたものをWindows版で発売する予定です。当時、事情により封印されていたCGも解放される予定です(笑)。
It will be like a rewrite of "Rewrite", and clear up the parts of the direction that are difficult-to-understand, and is planed for release on Windows. Back then, due to some circumstances some CGs were sealed away, but they will be 'released' in the new version (*laughs*).

(Don't these guys laugh too much?)

樋上 / Hinoue
ルチアの、シャツを着てるシーンが下着になってたり……。
Like Lucia's scene with the shirt being in her underwear instead......

魁 / Kai
だから、抑制されていない「本当の『Rewrite』」が見られます(笑)。
As I told you, it won't be suppressed,
people will be be able to see the 'real "Rewrite"' (*laughs*).

〜〜
ーーではそろそろ、最後の締めのお言葉をお願いします。
-- Now then it's about time we give our final words for the closure.

脚本 / Scenario guy
Keyさんという常に業界の先端を行くブランドの作品に参加できたことが光栄であると同時に、ファンのみんなさまの期待に恥じないようなものをがんばって作っています。
お楽しみに!
To be able to participate in a work by an always masterpiece-making brand like Key is an honor and at the same time, I'll be making this with best efforts not to disappoint all the fans.
Please look toward to it!

田中 / Tanaka

現場に『Rewrite』の全容を把握している人が結構多いので、わかってない状態で作るということは、避けられていると思うんですよ。
原作から大きく変わるようなことはないんですが、わきまえたものにはなるかなという気がしています。
Because the number of people that grasp the whole picture of "Rewrite" here is quite a lot, I think making it not understanding it is evading the job. I don't think this will be that much different from the original, however I feel that it will be realistically tuned / I think you will be able to tell the differences.

魁 / Kai

『Rewrite』の世界観、キャラクターが凝縮されていて、ゲームよりも短いながらもしっかり楽しめる、そんなアニメになると思います。
より深く『Rewrite』を知りたくなったらゲームをプレイしてください(笑)。
While being shorter than the game, it will 'condense' the world view of "Rewrite" and its characters, and be very enjoyable. I think it will be that kind of anime.
If you want to get into "Rewrite" more deeply, please play the game (*laughs*).

樋上 / Hinoue

『Rewrite』、すごく。もえ(萌え/燃え)。られそうです!早く観たい!
It seems "Rewrite" will be very moe!
I want to hurry up and see it!

(She uses 'moe' as two words. The second being "burn")

Of course it's going to be shorter, but I got a bit of a bad vibe from the way he said that...
While I expect the atmosphere of the adaptation to be a little different, and shorter than the game and also some things scraped from it, I sure hope they aren't making it just to make the game more popular since a new version also seems to be coming out sooner or later.
〜〜
By the way I doubt it's Ayana Yuniko, because that is a girlish name, and 'A-san' refers to himself by "僕", which would be kind of weird for female to use for an interview in real-life... Not unless it's a male, using a female pen name. Ayana is also doing the composition of "Shoujo-tachi wa Kouya o Mezasu", which is based on a VN not out yet written by Tanaka (though he doesn't really have a connection to the anime AFAIK).

tl;dr -- sorry.
UsuzumiiroFeb 16, 2016 9:14 AM

Feb 15, 2016 3:49 PM

Nov 2014
Usuzumiiro said:
Another bit by Kai:

『Rewrite』の世界観、キャラクターが凝縮されていて、ゲームよりも短いながらもしっかり楽しめる、そんなアニメになると思います。
より深く『Rewrite』を知りたくなったらゲームをプレイしてください(笑)。
While being shorter than the game, it will 'condense' the world view of "Rewrite" and its characters, and be very enjoyable. I think it will be that kind of anime.
If you want to get into "Rewrite" more deeply, please play the game (*laughs*).

That's a nice way of putting things. Totally inspires confidence.
Feb 15, 2016 3:51 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
This indeed is something interesting, seems the bar is raised a bit, I dont want to hype too much, but if they really do follow omnibus format, then they will hopefully include romance and everything else... and given enough time and budget, it can really became something worthwhile of being considered an adaptation.

Hoping they adapt this well:
Feb 15, 2016 4:57 PM

Mar 2013
VerunaBles said:

That's a nice way of putting things. Totally inspires confidence.

Even in the original Japanese, it came across as a bit 'yeah, OK then...' :D
Hopefully he means before the anime comes out and not because he secretly thinks the anime won't compare to the VN.

Updated my last post with a bit more rough translations. That's all three columns of the interview with the page with Lucia on it done now. Once I finish a bit more with my actual work with SnU, I'll post some more at home.

Next I'll probably do Shizuru's page.
3rd column which is kind of interesting:

脚本 / Scenario guy
僕としてはまず元のキャラクターがあって、それをうまく広げることができればいいなと思っています。
For my part, firstly I will take the original characters, expand on them, and if I pull this off well it will be great.

魁 / Kai

キャラクターたちが進化しているという感じですね。よりかわいく魅力的になっていると思います
Like the characters are going to 'evolve', that kind of feeling.
I think they will be more cute and appealing than ever before.

脚本 / Scenario guy

監督も含めてみんなさんノリノリで意見を出してますよ(笑)。
Everyone including the director is giving their opinions all in high spirits (*laughs*)

田中 / Tanaka

キャラクターについては結構はっちゃけているところもありますね。
『Harvest festa!』のような雰囲気もちょっとあります。
The characters themselves have quite a bit of a merry side.
There's a bit of atmosphere similar to as was in "Harvest festa!" as well.

魁 / Kai

『Harvest festa!』はあらゆるしがらみから解放された話なので、キャラが生き生きしていましたしていましたしね。
"Harvest festa!" was a story where they were set free from all of their hurdles, so they were very lively and vivid during that.

樋上 / Hinoue]

篝がめちゃくちゃ可愛かったです。
Kagari was extremely cute.

The last column of Shizuru's page:

脚本 / Scenario guy

尺の限り可愛いくしたいです(笑)。
As far as the length allows, I want to make them cute.

魁 / Kai
アニメの尺はゲームと違って本当に厳しい。
Unlike the game, the length of the anime is very strict.

脚本 / Scenario guy

サービスカットなんかも色々といれたいんですけれど、サービスといえばゲームのほうですが、なぜおっぱいエンドにCGはなかったのかと(笑)!
I want to put in some fan service and such, but speaking of fan service, it's about the game, but I'm wondering why there wasn't any CG in the Oppai End (*laughs*)?!

樋上 / Hinoue

発注がなかったからです(笑)
Because there was no order to put any in.

田中/ Tanaka

発注しなかったからです(笑)。
どう考えても発注する必要がない(笑)。
Because I didn't tell her to put any in (*laughs*). No matter how you look at it, there wasn't any reason to tell her to (*laughs*).

脚本 / Scenario guy
残念(笑)。入れたかったシーンということで言うと、「このギャグ削りたくないな」と涙を呑んだことが何度も……。
That's a shame (*laughs*). There's been many times I can say where I wanted to put a scene in, and 'I really don't want to scrap this joke' while chocking my tears down.......

魁 / Kai
だいたい涙を呑むことになるのはギャグ要素ですね。
Generally-speaking chocking down your tears is a gag element itself.

Next the part (2nd) contains the quote I gave to sanata about A-san reproducing the characters and atmosphere. The first column is largely about the character names.
〜〜
Didn't want to make a new post just for adding that bit...

zaydgh123 -- You're welcome.

For anyone wondering why I'm copying the original text then roughly translating it is for two main reasons:

1.) For people who can read a little bit of Japanese, who want to try and analyze the original to read that instead, but their Japanese isn't good enough to copy it down themselves.
When translating an interview, it's important to try and keep the tone of how they speak and 'render' a similar effect in English without making it sound too weird or changing the overall meaning, because otherwise, hints will be missed. It's important to analyze how they speak.

2.) For Japanese learners here that may want to use it for research or reference purposes. I will usually always do this on Western forums.
UsuzumiiroFeb 16, 2016 5:57 AM

Feb 16, 2016 5:17 AM

Jun 2014
Usuzumiiro, Thank you very much for the translation!
Feb 16, 2016 8:06 AM

Jun 2014
Usuzumiiro said:

田中 / Tanaka

現場に『Rewrite』の全容を把握している人が結構多いので、わかってない状態で作るということは、避けられていると思うんですよ。
原作から大きく変わるようなことはないんですが、わきまえたものにはなるかなという気がしています。
Because the number of people that grasp the whole picture of "Rewrite" here is quite a lot, I think making it not understanding it is evading the job. I don't think this will be that much different from the original, however I feel that it will be realistically tuned down.

if what he is saying is true then Rewrite will be one of the best shows of this year, tho I don't really get what he means by "realistically tuned down"
it kind of makes me worried
Feb 16, 2016 8:53 AM

Mar 2013
It's as close as I could express it in English without changing his words too much.
He's basically saying to expect you will be able to tell the difference between the two, despite him saying he doesn't think there will be huge changes, basically he's trying to say it will be as good as it can get for an adaptation. "Tuned down" as a translation wasn't in such a negative expression that the phrase gives off, just that as an adaptation, it will not have all contents of the game of course even if some different things will be added.

In other words, you'll be able to tell it's Rewrite still.

Here's some more from the Shizuru page (most of the second column):

魁 / Kai

ネットでは結構考察ありましたね。
「瑚太朗は何歳?」とか。
There was quite a bit of speculation on the Net.
Like "How old is Kotarou?" and so on.

田中 / Tanaka

自分は把握した上で書いているので、迷うことはないんですけど。
Since I wrote it on top of understanding it, I didn't lose my way.

魁 / Kai

ロミオさんは物語を作る前にガチガチに設定を作ってから書き始めるほうですか?
Before making the story, did you rigidly create the setting and then begin to write, Romeo-san?

田中 / Tanaka
設定は必要なものしか作らないですね。話を作っていくときに、それに応じて必要な設定を埋めていくみたいな感じです。それで、結末を最初に決めます。結末までの流れを作っておかないと、途中で伏線も何も入れられないので。
I don't create the setting anymore than what is necessary. I 'fill up' the necessary setting accordingly whenever I write a story. Then I decide on the conclusion first.
If I don't make a natural flow until the ending, I won't be able to drop any foreshadowing in the middle or anything.

魁 / Kai
なるほど。
I see.

田中 / Tanaka

設定をちょっと適当に作る傾向はありますよ。だから設定を忘れちゃったりするんです(笑)。
設定よりも話の筋書きを重視していることになるんですからね。
設定を重視している人も多いし、そこは人によって違うとは思うんですけど。
I have a little bit of a tendency to create settings half-heartedly.
That's why I seem to forget the setting (*laughs*).
Rather than the setting, I pay more attention to the synopsis.
I think there's many that put great importance on the setting, but I think that changes between different people.

脚本 / Scenario guy

先ほども言ったようにキャラクター、それと原作の空気を再現することです。でも、「これダメかな?
ロミオさんに怒られるんじゃないかな」と思って書いたものが意外とオッケーだったりすることありましたけど(笑)。
Like I said before, reproducing the characters' and the atmosphere of the original.
But I thought when I was writing some things 'This is no good, is it? Won't Romeo-san be angry with me?', but he surprisingly gave the " OK" to me (*laughs*)

田中 / Tanaka

Aさんはアイディアマンで、いろいろ提案してくださるんですよ。
それで採用されたものもいっぱいあります。
A-san is the idea man and suggests many different things. There's much that can be adopted.

Here's some of the first column of the page with Shizuru on it.
The rest is about names. Other than the name parts, most of the interview on this page is done now. The first bit was continuing from Akane's page, so I'll be doing that next if anyone is interested, then we can put it all together.

樋上 / Hinoue
原作のほうで戦うシーンもあるから、それがアニメで動くのを早く観たいです。もともと『Rewrite』は女の子の戦い、バトルを描きたかったというところもあるので、特に楽しみにしてます。でも、もう動きを見る限り安心してます。
In the original game there's fight scenes, I wanted to hurry up and see the animated version of it.
Originally, "Rewrite" was a battle of the girls, and I also wanted to draw battles, so I'm looking toward to this in particular.
But now from what I'm seeing of the animation, I am now at peace of mind.

田中 / Tanaka
バトルシーンもかなりまとまった量があるという印象ですね。この会議に入ったとき、「バトルはちょっと控えめでいきます」みたいな話があったんですよ。そのつもりでいたんですが、実際は全然多かったですね(笑)。
There's the impression there's quite a lot of battle scenes arranged together. When I entered this meeting, there was a discussion about 'cutting down on the battles'.
We intended to leave it as that, but it turns out there wasn't that many really (*laughs*).

魁 / Kai
確かに最初にそう言われましたね。
Certainly you did say that in the beginning.

田中 / Tanaka

僕の感覚ではバトル少なめというと、2、3話に1回ぐらいなのかなという感覚だったんですが、1話に2、3回はあるかなと、それは多いほうだと思うんですが(笑)。
In my sense, few battles would be like one battle per very 2 or 3 episodes, but actually on one episode two or three would be quite a lot I think (*laughs*).

脚本 / Scenario guy

バトルはやはり、ルチアさんと静流が、がんばってくれてますね。
You're working hard on the battle with Lucia and Shizuru as expected.

田中 / Tanaka

バトルといえば、ゲームではなかった新衣装も結構あるんですよね。
あっ、そういえばルチアの新衣装が
いたるさんデザインなんでしたっけ?
Speaking of the battle, there's quite a lot of clothes in the anime that weren't in the game. Ah, speaking of which, wasn't it you that designed the new clothes for Lucia, Itaru-san?

樋上 / Hinoue

デザインをいろいろしました。ルチアの戦闘服もそうなんですけど、ゲームにはなかったけどアニメでは必要な衣装などデザインしているんです。
I designed many different ones. Like Lucia's combat uniform, I'm designing a lot of clothes that I think are needed in the anime that weren't in the game.

(plz, nekomimi Hinoue-sama~ nya~~~)

〜〜〜〜
I just wanted to hurry up and post this bit because of people worrying about the comedy parts and of course the main man.

Ending at Chihaya's page going on from Akane's page:

ーーやっぱりKeyと言えば、日常のシーンやギャグは外せないですからね。
-- Speaking of Key, of course they won't remove the every day life scenes and jokes after all.

脚本 / Scenario guy

ストーリーにはあんまり関係ないんですけど、やっぱりこれは入れたいよなというのがいっぱいあるので……。吉野とか吉野とか吉野とか(笑)
It doesn't have much to do with the story, but there's definitely many things I want to add to the anime..... For example Yoshino, or Yoshino, oh and of course Yoshino (*laughs*)

田中 / Tanaka

監督も吉野を出してくれとよく言っています(笑)。
The director also says to bring out Yoshino a lot (*laughs*).

魁 / Kai
監督の吉野愛はハンパないです(笑)。
The director's love for Yoshino is staggering (*laughs*).

田中 / Tanaka
𠮷野は、必要ないと思える瞬間にまで結構いたりしますね。
Until the moment Yoshino is not needed, there's quite a bit of him.

魁 / Kai

なるべく群像劇として複数の人が何かをするようにしているというのもあって、ゲームでは1対1で話しているような場面でも複数人が登場することが多いですね。
仲間意識を強く持たせるというのも気を付けているところかなと思います。
To ensemble the cast as much as possible, a number of people will be doing something, in the game in the scenes where you are talking one-on-one with others, there will many times a number of characters will appear.
I think of this as a way of carefully strengthening the friend companionship between the characters.

脚本 / Scenario guy
ヒロイン同士でもいろいろ会話をして、オカ研の仲良し感も出していきたいですね。
The heroines have various conversations with each other, and I want to bring out the 'chumminess-feeling' with the Occult Club.
〜〜
ーー 始めてアニメの現場に入られた魁さんとしては、実際に作業に入ってみていかがでしたか?
As it being your first time entering the scene of an anime, how does it feel being involved in the operation, Kai-san?

魁 / Kai
ちゃんとまとめることができるのかなと思っていたのに、実際まとめることできているということに驚きましたし、世界観をズラすことともかく、『Rewrite』がちゃんとアニメになったというのを、実感できています。
Although I thought 'can they really put it together?', I'm shocked at actually seeing it come together, seeing the world view shift is one thing, I can now see the realization of "Rewrite" actually becoming an anime.

The next column is mainly about A-san's thoughts after playing Rewrite, the last column is about Kagari being cute and more moe, and lastly what I already translated.
I'll be editing my post soon with it.
I haven't had the time to read Chihaya's page properly yet, but it seems to be mainly about settings, though I saw one interesting thing from Tanaka while reading about my man Yoshino.

田中 / Tanaka

だから、設定が本編とちょっと違ってもいいかなと思っているんですよね。もちろん、ガラッと変わってしまってはダメなんで、なるべく整合性がとれるように調整はしているんですが。それを気にしすぎると、
わかりにくくなってしまいますからね。そのバランス感覚をだいぶ意識してやっています。
As I said, I think it's OK if the setting is a little different from the original.
Of course it's not OK if we change it beyond recognition, but we are coordinating it so that it doesn't lack consistency. If you worry too much about it, it will become too complex to understand. I'm very aware of the sense of balance.

UsuzumiiroFeb 16, 2016 4:55 PM

Feb 16, 2016 9:07 AM

Jun 2014
if thats the case then its great.
I just hope and pray that this would turn out to be a good adaptation
Feb 16, 2016 9:11 AM

May 2014
I hope this will be good
I havent seen a lot of anime with this kind of formantt
Just Kimikiss, wich was ok, and Yosuga no Sora which was fantastic
"I lost all of what you could call feelings of love. They weren't sealed, so they can't be released. They weren't broken, so they can't be fixed. That which is lost, cannot be recovered." Shiba Tatsuya
"There are no regrets. If one can be proud of one's life, one should not wish for another chance." Saber
"No matter what happens, no matter how crazy things get, I'll always try to restore balance." Korra
"It's madness to let others take what's yours and accept it blindly." Baatar Jr
"Instinct is a lie, told by a fearful body, hoping to be wrong." Zaheer
"Partner in crime, partner in time" Chloe Price and Max Caulfield
Feb 16, 2016 12:01 PM

Jun 2014
oh Lucia will have a combat outfit? I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE IT
Feb 16, 2016 12:30 PM

Jul 2015
zaydgh123 said:
oh Lucia will have a combat outfit? I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE IT

They sure know how to hype people. I hope they deliver a good anime.

I don't think the condensed version that they are talking about is a red flag by itself, but it brings down hopes since it seems some funny moments of Rewrite are being targeted as unnecessary. Things like
may be included as discarded material.
Feb 16, 2016 12:40 PM

Aug 2014
I'm designing a lot of clothes that I think are needed in the anime that weren't in the game.

Well this has my interest now, I'm curious what else they are going to add.
Feb 16, 2016 12:45 PM

Dec 2012
Oh thank God.
Now i just need the hear the episode count... 50 pls?
Lol ok hopefully atleast 26.

still kinda worried about that script writer though...
Kotarou_Feb 16, 2016 12:54 PM
Feb 16, 2016 6:46 PM

Nov 2014
More clothes(?)

That's good. Now Kotori won't have to buy copies of the same clothes like everyone does. Hopefully.

More Yoshino.

If it means Kotarou gets to troll him more, then I'm glad. Also, Yoshino song. Please.

脚本 / Scenario guy
ヒロイン同士でもいろいろ会話をして、オカ研の仲良し感も出していきたいですね。
The heroines have various conversations with each other, and I want to bring out the 'chumminess-feeling' with the Occult Club.

So then more Occult Club stuff? This one I'm most excited for.

田中 / Tanaka
As I said, I think it's OK if the setting is a little different from the original.

Hm......I wonder what this means....
VarunaBlesFeb 16, 2016 6:51 PM
Feb 16, 2016 6:56 PM

Jul 2013
[quote=VarunaBles message=44768644]

田中 / Tanaka

Hm......I wonder what this means....

It is coming from the man himself.. Maybe it'll be a good thing; who knows? Though, I'm curious too as to what he means by that.
この世界には。。。秘密がある
Feb 16, 2016 7:13 PM

Nov 2014
sanata50lbsb said:
It is coming from the man himself.. Maybe it'll be a good thing; who knows? Though, I'm curious too as to what he means by that.

Hopefully it's a minor thing.
Feb 16, 2016 11:09 PM

Dec 2012
Damn this hype is killing me lol
Feb 16, 2016 11:46 PM

Jun 2014
I'm expecting them to change a little bit of moon and how the routes connect but I don't think they should change Terra's finale, its perfect
Feb 17, 2016 1:12 AM

Jul 2014
"comedy & moe" scenario writer hopefully means they'll respect the length and good bits of the common route, unlike Grisaia which had 96% of it surgically removed, and only the bad comedy bits left in, spruced up with 17 anime original pantsu shots.
Feb 17, 2016 2:54 AM

Nov 2014
Red_Tuesday said:
"comedy & moe" scenario writer hopefully means they'll respect the length and good bits of the common route, unlike Grisaia which had 96% of it surgically removed, and only the bad comedy bits left in, spruced up with 17 anime original pantsu shots.

A shame since Kajitsu's common route was fun as hell and Yuuji was an awesome troll.
Feb 17, 2016 4:21 AM

Mar 2013
Before I post this, sanata, can I ask that you put in red in big letters on the first post "SPOILERS!", because I know some anime-only viewers will be lured by the topic's title...
〜〜

答えにくいかもしれないですが、ズバリ今どれぐらいまで脚本は進んでいるんですか?
It may be difficult to answer, but exactly how far has the script processed so far?

魁 / Kai

「いくつかある山場のうちの、いいところまで行っている」とだけ言っておきます(笑)。
'To some of the good parts, during a few of the most critical points', and that's all I'm going to say (*laughs*).

ーーちなみに、Aさんはゲームの『Rewrite』をプレイしてみてご感想はいかがでしたか?
-- By the way, after playing "Rewrite", what did you think about the game, A-san?

脚本 / Scenario guy

Keyさんのことだから普通の学園ものではないだろうなよとは思っていたんですが、あんな宇宙規模の大変な話になるとは思ってませんでした(笑)。小鳥、ちはや……とシナリオを順にクリアしていくと、そのたびに死ぬ人が増えていくなと。
だんだん地球規模で死んでいくんですよね(笑)。
Since it's Key and all, I expected that it wouldn't be a normal school life kind of thing, but I didn't think it would turn out to be that cosmic-levelly serious (*laughs*).
I cleared the routes in order; Kotori, Chihaya and so on...
Each time people dying increased.
Gradually, there's people dying on a global scale (*laughs*).

魁 / Kai

だんだん滅亡に近づいていく。静流シナリオが一番死にますよね(笑)。
Gradually they are closing in on their ruin. People died the most in Shizuru's route (*laughs*).

脚本 / Scenario guy

ほとんど生き残れないですからね(笑)。これをどうやってアニメにするんだろうと思いましたけど、監督が
構成をやってくださるということなので、僕はそれに合わせて穴を埋めていければいいかなと思って。
Really, there's almost no survivors (*laughs*).
I wondered how we would make that into an anime, but the director is doing the composition, so I think all I need to do is go along with him and fill in any holes.

〜〜
ーー樋上さんから、みんなさんに言いたいことはありますか?
-- Do you have anything to say to everyone, Hinoue-san?

樋上
そうですね… あっ、絵コンテを見させてもらったんですけど、篝がとってもかわいかったです!
もうすごいかわいくて!!
Hmm... Ah, you let me look at the storyboard, but Kagari was so cute!
I really mean soooo cute!!

脚本 / Scenario guy

それは監督の意向もありますね。最初から「篝はかわいく!」という意見があったので、その辺もシナリオで意識して書いています。
The director also thought the same.
From the start, he thought "Kagari is so cute!" , so I'm writing the scenario with that in mind.

樋上 / Hinoue

萌えですよ、萌え(笑)。
Make her moe, so moe (*laughs*)

脚本 / Scenario guy
もちろん、みんなかわいく書いてはいるんですけど(笑)。
Of course, everybody is writing her so that she looks cute (*laughs*).

樋上 / Hinoue

あと、ゲームのオープニングを作ってもらったときには、監督さんがキャラデザもやってくださったんですけど、今回は違う方がキャラデザされてるじゃないですか。
で、その野中さんの作った動画集を見せてもらったんですけど、これがすごいかわいかったんです!
これはイケる!!と思いました(笑)。
髪の毛の動きとか女の子の仕草とか、その動きがすごくよくて……
もうアニメ『Rewrite』は大丈夫!(笑)
いろんな意味で・もえ・です!!
Also, when the director made the game opening, he also did the character designs, but this time a different person is doing the designs.
So, Nonaka-san showed me the collection of animation she made, and I thought this is really cute!
'This will work!!' I thought (*laughs*).
The movements of the girl's hair, and their gestures was so well-done......
The "Rewrite" anime will be fine now! (*laughs*)
In many different meanings, so moe!!

魁 / Kai

ああ、萌えだけじゃなく・燃え・のほうもね
Yeah, not just moe, but rather 'moe' too.

(Explained before. When written as '燃え' it means "burning", but in the anime world also like a emphasis of regular '萌え')

〜〜
That's Akane's page done now. The rest was done above.
UsuzumiiroFeb 17, 2016 4:33 AM

Feb 17, 2016 4:22 AM

Jul 2014
VarunaBles said:
Red_Tuesday said:

A shame since Kajitsu's common route was fun as hell and Yuuji was an awesome troll.

Quite right, at least we got the running cadence, that was something.
Feb 17, 2016 5:20 AM

Dec 2012
Usuzumiiro said:
樋上
そうですね… あっ、絵コンテを見させてもらったんですけど、篝がとってもかわいかったです!
もうすごいかわいくて!!
Hmm... Ah, you let me look at the storyboard, but Kagari was so cute!
I really mean soooo cute!!

Hm... Does she mean the storyboard for the OP, or the first episode? Cos if it's the first ep, that might mean we get Moon at the start like some people suggested.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (60) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Rewrite Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 20, 2016

168 by Karva1 »»
Jun 19, 8:17 PM

Poll: » Rewrite Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 23, 2016

200 by Karva1 »»
Jun 19, 7:48 PM

Poll: » Rewrite Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 2, 2016

482 by Karva1 »»
Jun 19, 4:56 PM

Poll: » Rewrite Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 24, 2016

294 by AyanoKiru »»
May 25, 6:38 AM

Poll: » Rewrite Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 9, 2016

329 by AyanoKiru »»
May 25, 4:12 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.