Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »
Jan 25, 2016 10:57 AM

Nov 2014
NorthBayAnime said:
Luciberi said:

no it's not plausible. there is 0% chance of that.

There is a .1% chance so it is plausible

I don't think you know the definition of the word ''plausible''.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 25, 2016 11:12 AM

Jun 2015

Yeah, tomorrow is ur birthday..u scrub.
Jan 25, 2016 11:13 AM

Jun 2014
A lot of revelations popping up with Eto not being the OEK the highlight. Nice chapter.
All credit goes to Sacred.
Jan 25, 2016 11:17 AM

Mar 2014
Woah that is some revelation !!!

Looks like Eto is ready with her own OEG and I really interested about his organisation V.
Jan 25, 2016 12:56 PM

Jan 2010
Kensai-Serazu said:
Imagine if Arima is the one-eyed king.

He is

I want to believe
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the
Jan 25, 2016 1:01 PM

Jan 2015
So I just watched a certain review and it was made known to me that V is not just some sub society of ghouls working in the shadows but some world dominating Illuminati shadow government type shit, fucking POTUS, Prime Minister and Chancellor all that shit.

I am genuinely confused so can someone confirm if V is to have any power outside of Japan or if that is all speculative.
Big Order (TV):great anime or greatest anime?
Jan 25, 2016 1:33 PM

Feb 2014
what was that unnecessary marriage speech? jeez.
arima, furuta, v and yoshimura. hmm! that means clowns are with v, too?so eto is not OEK. kaneki is waiting for something. and what is up with his hand. by the way takizawa is on his way. poor hachiko lol
well.. i was thinking arima was independent in his own way. how disappointing. he is an another man of an another foundation. what is new about him? maybe the OEK? sheesh..
its getting boring and boring as ishida keeps on not answering our questions but making more and more questions. what is wrong with him? where is amon? who is kanou? who is OEK? what is V? what is Arima? What is Kaneki thinking? where the hell is Rize? Is hide dead? Just Who is that Furuta guy? Uta is really a villain or not? Anteiqu is still alive or they weren't even in the manga from the beginnig, they were our dreams, huh? what happened to yoshimura? by the way what is up with kaneki's right hand? jesus christ, who the hell is washuu and what am i going to do with his wife?!!!! jeez. so many questions but not answers. this mangaka doesnt know a word called "balance". you have to answer some of them in order to increase them and keep readers interest ALİVE, man!
EustassKiddo !
Jan 25, 2016 1:58 PM

Dec 2014
'what was that unnecessary marriage speech? jeez.'
How is arranged marriage strange? Wealthy families often have arranged marriages, nothing new.

I don't understand how he's failing to 'keep the readers interested', I'm suspecting that your attention span might just be narrow.

The rest of the comment...don't know if I should laugh or cry.
Jan 25, 2016 2:06 PM

Apr 2014
Lmao I suggest he becomes Ishida's editor since he knows how good storytelling should be done.
Z4KJan 25, 2016 6:01 PM
Jan 25, 2016 2:33 PM

Apr 2015

Great chapter btw.
Jan 25, 2016 2:39 PM

Oct 2014
ftsyzc said:
arima, furuta, v and yoshimura. hmm! that means clowns are with v, too?so eto is not OEK. kaneki is waiting for something. and what is up with his hand. by the way takizawa is on his way. poor hachiko lol
well.. i was thinking arima was independent in his own way. how disappointing. he is an another man of an another foundation. what is new about him? maybe the OEK? sheesh..
its getting boring and boring as ishida keeps on not answering our questions but making more and more questions. what is wrong with him? where is amon? who is kanou? who is OEK? what is V? what is Arima? What is Kaneki thinking? where the hell is Rize? Is hide dead? Just Who is that Furuta guy? Uta is really a villain or not? Anteiqu is still alive or they weren't even in the manga from the beginnig, they were our dreams, huh? what happened to yoshimura? by the way what is up with kaneki's right hand? jesus christ, who the hell is washuu and what am i going to do with his wife?!!!! jeez. so many questions but not answers. this mangaka doesnt know a word called "balance". you have to answer some of them in order to increase them and keep readers interest ALİVE, man!
As long as you've been reading this manga in sure you know by now everything has a purpose. Antikue has been shown numerous times throughout re. You know washuu has been around awhile right? And uta is presumed to be an undercover agent. Also not revealing answers gives people more to discuss and make theories on (no matter how absurd they may seem) and not revealing things more often keeps people excited to read the next chapter.
Jan 25, 2016 2:44 PM

May 2015
I refuse to believe that this OEK is still alive. As much as I'm loving the manga, it's pissing me off that we don't know anything about the MC. There's so many unanswered questions...
Eto's speech was nice tho.
Jan 25, 2016 2:55 PM
Sep 2014
Kvothe51 said:
NorthBayAnime said:

There is a .1% chance so it is plausible

I don't think you know the definition of the word ''plausible''.

I'm just trolling for the luls
Jan 25, 2016 3:17 PM

Jan 2016
Can someone rescue Hinami?

Kaneki...Ayato...Eto...anyone? ;-;

"...ahh, you're really wonderful. I like you. Oh, of course Mari-san is the first okay? I won't give up on Mari-san being my legal wife."
Jan 25, 2016 3:21 PM

Jan 2016
-Zetsumei- said:

Furuta will save her
Jan 25, 2016 3:28 PM

Jan 2016
I feel like Hide or Amon will pop up soon.
Jan 25, 2016 3:43 PM

Mar 2015
inb4 there both with V
Jan 25, 2016 5:53 PM

Oct 2013
-Zetsumei- said:

If Ken doesn't save her I'll get really disappointed
Jan 25, 2016 6:30 PM

Apr 2014
XD Am i the only one who finds it funny how lax furuta is?! Dude did a neck turn with his hands on his hip to arima.
Jan 26, 2016 1:43 AM

Jul 2014
ftsyzc said:

Reading the manga would help...
Jan 26, 2016 2:09 AM

Aug 2008
Haven't been following the discussions but correct me if I'm wrong:

- The first OEK is pretty much confirmed dead, chapter 56's name revealed that
- Kanou is a dawinist, he wants all human dead
- V wants equilibrium
- Arima is either from V or just doesn't give a fuck
- Amon is probably the playstation guy
- Kaneki is suppose to be the second OEK, who crushes V
- Furuta is a V agent

“The impossible could not have happened, therefore the impossible must be possible in spite of appearances.” 
― Agatha Christie
Jan 26, 2016 2:25 AM

Nov 2014
- Kanou is a dawinist, he wants all human dead

Not necessarily.

Amon is probably the playstation guy

When was anything along those lines implied?

Furuta is a V agent

It's still unclear what the specifics of his allegiance are.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 26, 2016 4:29 AM

Dec 2015
Furuta is the best character ever.
"I'm not gonna die, I've got a cat that's waiting for me at home"

Jan 26, 2016 6:01 AM

Dec 2014
SleighBells said:
Not the best yet but surely the most interesting character introduced in :re.
Jan 26, 2016 6:06 AM
Mar 2014
Where did it all go so wrong...?
Jan 26, 2016 6:47 AM
Jan 26, 2016 6:55 AM

Aug 2015
SleighBells said:

That's fucking rigth! <3 <3 <3
Jan 26, 2016 7:08 AM
Jul 2018
SleighBells said:

At the very least, he is close to the best. Dude just have that swag and it's so hard to hate on him even though he is probably responsible for Kaneki's misery. Reminds me of Uta.
Jan 26, 2016 8:48 AM

Dec 2015
For those who don't like Furuta (poor you).

Agent-Phrank said:
SleighBells said:
Itori is the best character ever.

Fixed.      

She's cool, too.

Jan 26, 2016 9:32 AM

Mar 2014
Eto's speech and the whole setting seemed kind of ominous to me, hopefully nothing happens to her because she is a fairly interesting character (even though I didn't like her at all before).
Jan 26, 2016 12:28 PM

Jul 2010
It would make sense that she wants Keneki to be the King. She let him eat part of her (RC Cells) so he can become complete.

My theory is that CCG is going to somehow find out about Keneki's plan to save Hinami and will either kill her or come close and then Keneki will truly transform.
Jan 26, 2016 1:15 PM

Dec 2015
SleighBells said:
I have a theory about that, if anyone of you watched Harry Potter surely know the relationship between Harry and Voldemort, if you don't know I'll explain it below.

Basically, Voldemort was somehow linked with Harry's mind, he could feel his thoughts and reading his mind (not completely thò), that said, I think there could be a similar situation with Eto and Ken and the Kagune Kaneki "inherited" could be the "link" between them.

Btw it's just a theory, I don't think it is what Sui has in mind but we'll see.

I'll repost this, it's from mid-december more or less.

Jan 26, 2016 3:19 PM

Oct 2009
Kaneki shouldn't be king of anyone. He's too selfish. All he thinks about is himself. That's the whole reason Touka went berserk on him back in TG. His entire inner monologue in chapter 53 was about what he wanted and how everyone else can fuck off. Eto just wants Kaneki to become king cause she's yandere for him.

Jan 26, 2016 3:22 PM

Apr 2014
MEsoJD said:
It would make sense that she wants Keneki to be the King. She let him eat part of her (RC Cells) so he can become complete.

My theory is that CCG is going to somehow find out about Keneki's plan to save Hinami and will either kill her or come close and then Keneki will truly transform.

Kaneki Potter is merging with the one eyed voldemort. The final battle draw near.

lucjan said:
Kaneki shouldn't be king of anyone. He's too selfish. All he thinks about is himself. That's the whole reason Touka went berserk on him back in TG. His entire inner monologue in chapter 53 was about what he wanted and how everyone else can fuck off. Eto just wants Kaneki to become king cause she's yandere for him.

You think its bad Kaneki is selfish??
Jan 26, 2016 3:37 PM

Oct 2009
Didn't say that was "bad." I'm talking about whether or not Kaneki would make a good king.

Jan 26, 2016 3:37 PM

Oct 2015
starburst_stream said:

Great chapter btw.

You see Tokyo Ghoul :re follows story of manga not anime. And i beleave that shachi is normal ghoul not one-eyed.
And ftsyzc you can find most of the answers in manga.
But to the Chapter. Arima is probably with V och my god. I can already see Chibi new video Arima is one-eyed ghoul. And eto well she never said that she is OEK so yeach.... Chapter 56 The second KING ... Kaneki please.. Yeach i really see kaneki joining Aogiri Tree after all he should still save eto.And ehm.... Aogiri Tree Good guys .... someone ?
Jan 26, 2016 4:52 PM

Apr 2014
lucjan said:
Didn't say that was "bad." I'm talking about whether or not Kaneki would make a good king.

Oh! Yea i agree with you. Kaneki needs to satisfy his desires.
Jan 26, 2016 6:20 PM
Jan 2016
Omg, so I was thinking over who the one eyed king could be and all of a sudden it hit me in math class! What if it's Uta!? At first I didn't believe it, but when I thought about it for a minute it actually could be him.

For one Uta has constantly been shown eating eyeballs, and in one of the last chapters of Tokyo Ghoul when the big reveal happens that he is a clown he's muching on an eyeball while sitting in a very king-like pose.(Also, I think it was Itori, a clown, who first brought up the one-eyed king to Kaneki, right? So there's that connection too.)

Another hint is the fact that he always has his Kakaugan showing, well we know that somehow Uta has a way to semi-permantly(he states that it does fade in a couple of years) tattoo ink into his skin and what if his joke to Sasaki about having his sclera of his eyes tattooed black isn't a total fib. What if he has only one Kakaugan eye and had the other tattooed in to appear like he has both.(Tokyo Ghoul Re: chapter 36 Uta says "this is a tattoo" as he points to his right eye)

In the end, we don't know much about Uta's parents or origin, but this got me thinking.

Feel free to add to this or contradict me!

(And, seriously, what is up with Kaneki's hand at the end of this chapter?)
Stephanie524Jan 26, 2016 6:23 PM
Jan 26, 2016 11:52 PM
Nov 2015
I figured it out, Hide is the OEK.
Jan 27, 2016 2:43 AM
Jan 2016
BlackBuddha said:
lucjan said:

With that hand I rly dont think he can satisfy himself anymore ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jan 27, 2016 2:48 AM

Dec 2014
Lex3er said:
BlackBuddha said:

With that hand I rly dont think he can satisfy himself anymore ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I imagine he can create more friction with that hand for better satisfaction, although if he doesn't like it, Eto is always there to help. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jan 27, 2016 4:08 AM
Dec 2015
Why is time "precious" to Kaneki (opening in p1 and closing chapter page marking the calendar); one can only assume it is the time running out to rescue his little sister and this seems to tie in with Kuro Uesagi's brief appearance and the discussion on Cochlea reconnaisance.

One-eyed Ghouls are a bit like Space Marines in WH40K and the gene seed...it seems Ishida is prepared to crown Kaneki as the OEK (which seems likely since he pans straight to Kaneki just as Eto declares the OEK is "not me").

I also had a stray thought - the old Washuu dude that is the director of CCG - he looks positively ancient; he must have more of a historical role in this 100 year conspiracy that we haven't been shown yet.
Jan 27, 2016 8:13 AM

Oct 2013
If Kaneki turns out to become the new OEK, Root A would be a major foreshadowing
Jan 27, 2016 8:15 AM

Oct 2013
Stephanie524 said:
Omg, so I was thinking over who the one eyed king could be and all of a sudden it hit me in math class! What if it's Uta!? At first I didn't believe it, but when I thought about it for a minute it actually could be him.

For one Uta has constantly been shown eating eyeballs, and in one of the last chapters of Tokyo Ghoul when the big reveal happens that he is a clown he's muching on an eyeball while sitting in a very king-like pose.(Also, I think it was Itori, a clown, who first brought up the one-eyed king to Kaneki, right? So there's that connection too.)

Another hint is the fact that he always has his Kakaugan showing, well we know that somehow Uta has a way to semi-permantly(he states that it does fade in a couple of years) tattoo ink into his skin and what if his joke to Sasaki about having his sclera of his eyes tattooed black isn't a total fib. What if he has only one Kakaugan eye and had the other tattooed in to appear like he has both.(Tokyo Ghoul Re: chapter 36 Uta says "this is a tattoo" as he points to his right eye)

In the end, we don't know much about Uta's parents or origin, but this got me thinking.

Feel free to add to this or contradict me!

(And, seriously, what is up with Kaneki's hand at the end of this chapter?)

Uta doesn't look like he is 200+ old
Jan 27, 2016 9:38 AM

Feb 2014
Nuvviveji said:
'what was that unnecessary marriage speech? jeez.'
How is arranged marriage strange? Wealthy families often have arranged marriages, nothing new.

I don't understand how he's failing to 'keep the readers interested', I'm suspecting that your attention span might just be narrow.

The rest of the comment...don't know if I should laugh or cry.

im not talking about the arranged marriage, im talking about what am i going to do with this??? there are much more important things in the manga, man!

every arc, tons of characters appears and i dont even remember their names. what is wrong with me? or the characters are just simply too much? even though, there are really some deep characters and they want much more attention by mangaka. i dont want some unnecessary characters who are going to die in a few chapters ANYMORE. enough is enough. really.
and its just personal comment. i dont need to be an editor to tell something is good or bad.

jeez. i dont want to forget hide but its happening now. please tell me, if im gonna forget him and not be happy when he appears in the manga, whats the meaning of disappearing of him? i love how ishida doing things but really, ENOUGH İS ENOUGH.
EustassKiddo !
Jan 27, 2016 10:47 AM

Dec 2014
ftsyzc said:
ENOUGH İS ENOUGH.

Arcanix said:
We're all going to end up in hell. sigh...
I can see why you'd think that...
Jan 27, 2016 11:53 AM

Jul 2014
That whole chain of comments is just too cute. I'm going to bathroom to slice my wrists. Brb...

When the people reading this manga are going to get to enter either hell or heaven or whatever the fuck is there. God is going to tell us. "I'm sorry child, but that fandom was way to moronic for me to make a difference anymore... You're all just going to go in hell."

It's going to get to a poor bastard that did nothing wrong in his life and god is going to check his list and he's going to see that he has read Tokyo ghoul. That moment he's going to throw his ass into the flames saying : "I've only read a few comments on reddit and mal. There is nothing left for me to do with the exception of this. I understand that you may not be a complete retard, however i can't stand looking at the forums you visited anymore and i can't afford to let someone that is a complete retard into the heavens... He may infect everyone with his stupidity."
ArcanixJan 27, 2016 12:02 PM
Jan 27, 2016 12:07 PM

Sep 2012
and if the OEK is hide???
just kidding.
I want something to happen, i don't care what, but something interesting. I'm pretty bored...
Jan 27, 2016 12:34 PM

Nov 2014
rorcual said:
and if the OEK is hide???
just kidding.
I want something to happen, i don't care what, but something interesting. I'm pretty bored...

You've gotta be kidding me
Jan 27, 2016 1:07 PM

Aug 2013
it was revealed that Eto isn't a king. it was also revealed that Arima and Furuta have some connections with V. Scarecrow appears yet again. some backstory/introduction for new characters(which is never a bad thing). and some character depth to Matsuri and Urie.

if this is boring to you then stop reading the fuckin' manga already. I am pretty people who are bored with recent developments are anime fans. and they don't even have an idea what this story is about.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Chapter 76 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 14, 2016

110 by almightybismarck »»
29 seconds ago

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Chapter 75 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 7, 2016

111 by almightybismarck »»
9 minutes ago

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Chapter 74 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 23, 2016

102 by almightybismarck »»
23 minutes ago

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Chapter 73 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 16, 2016

103 by almightybismarck »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Chapter 72 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 9, 2016

124 by almightybismarck »»
Yesterday, 8:37 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.