Forum Settings
Forums

What makes psychological anime so 'psychological'?

New
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jan 27, 2016 9:12 AM

Apr 2010
TheBrainintheJar said:
EfiChan said:
Overthinking? It really shows all the complicated train of thoughts, and not just one thought. And even though it can be seen in other genres. here you see it more. I didn't watch much so I'm most sure

How do you show complicated trains of thought?

If you ever watched death note for example, you should know. You don't know just the end of the train (their decisions) but how the they got to it.

Here's a part from Death Note for case you didn't see
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_EXopqjz6-o
In 1:00 He's thinking about what to say for 20 whole seconds.
in 2:17 he's starting to show his train of thoughts for more than a minute.

Isn't if OVERthinking?

Jan 28, 2016 1:42 AM
Jul 2015
TheBrainintheJar said:
noodleeater21 said:
How it differs from slice-of-life, romance and drama anime? Much more interesting aim in the story and more intense. You just can't stop seeing the extreme distress and emotions that the characters are facing. Also tends to be deeper and darker.

Distress and negative emotions are also present in cheap Slasher films. What's so psychological there?

Psychological tends to focus deeper on those things and whats going on in the person's mind.
Jan 28, 2016 12:03 PM

May 2015
EfiChan said:
TheBrainintheJar said:

How do you show complicated trains of thought?

If you ever watched death note for example, you should know. You don't know just the end of the train (their decisions) but how the they got to it.

Here's a part from Death Note for case you didn't see
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_EXopqjz6-o
In 1:00 He's thinking about what to say for 20 whole seconds.
in 2:17 he's starting to show his train of thoughts for more than a minute.

Isn't if OVERthinking?

Wow, I'm impressed. It's rare people give you such examples.

I wouldn't call it very psychological, though. It shows a train of thought, but it's mostly "if this, then this. If that then that.". It shows Light's stress but doesn't delve too deep into it. It's mostly to build tension. I'd say NGE's inner monologues are better. They explore emotions. Death Note is a bit of an elaborate chess match.

noodleeater21 said:
TheBrainintheJar said:

Distress and negative emotions are also present in cheap Slasher films. What's so psychological there?

Psychological tends to focus deeper on those things and whats going on in the person's mind.

I agree, but these aren't just distressing thoughts. Good psychological stories show a variety of different emotions. If not, it's incomplete.
WEAPONS - My blog, for reviews of music, anime, books, and other things
Apr 15, 2016 8:32 PM

Jul 2015
Zapredon said:
Here are top psychological anime according to MAL rating.

http://myanimelist.net/anime/genre/40

Never thought Death Note is a psychological anime.
How the fuck isn't Hunter x Hunter 2011(Chimera ant arc mainly) up there for Psychological anime
Sup...
Apr 15, 2016 8:33 PM

Aug 2008
SenpaiJay98 said:
Zapredon said:
Here are top psychological anime according to MAL rating.

http://myanimelist.net/anime/genre/40

Never thought Death Note is a psychological anime.
How the fuck isn't Hunter x Hunter 2011(Chimera ant arc mainly) up there for Psychological anime

Huh? HXH Chimera Arc isn't psychological. I don't see any psychological in it.
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Apr 15, 2016 8:34 PM

Oct 2015
Psychological anime for me is anything that makes you mind work a lot. There's of course the whole emotional thing going on, but along with that should come this weird sort of logic that'll make your brain explode. You get this sinking feeling, like the anime is dragging you down into quicksand.
Apr 15, 2016 8:50 PM

Jul 2015
Zapredon said:
SenpaiJay98 said:

How is the Chimera ant arc in HxH not?
Sup...
Apr 15, 2016 9:12 PM

Aug 2008
SenpaiJay98 said:
Zapredon said:

How is the Chimera ant arc in HxH not?

Because there's nothing psychological about it.
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Apr 15, 2016 9:56 PM

Aug 2015
What makes psychological anime "psyhological"?

Go for some psychology classes in your school or ask for a psychologist about the lessons within psychology and understand what you learn, apply it in watching anime (especially the ones within "psychological" genre), and then say
"DONE! That was some mind-blowing psychological anime that I have ever watched!"

Okay, that one aside... Shows within this genre is merely about delivering certain stories that focuses more on the character's human behavior and mental processes on a certain situation rather than following its storyline by the process of putting you, the viewer, into that kind of situation through the minds of its characters.
Frankies_MonsterApr 15, 2016 10:07 PM

Apr 15, 2016 10:48 PM
Jun 2015
Psychological anime are ones that focus on the mindset, emotions and internal struggles of characters. When its a major focus of the anime it usually gets the psychological tag.
Apr 16, 2016 1:55 AM

May 2015
Quinaxalite said:
Psychological anime for me is anything that makes you mind work a lot. There's of course the whole emotional thing going on, but along with that should come this weird sort of logic that'll make your brain explode. You get this sinking feeling, like the anime is dragging you down into quicksand.

That's not psychological. That's just a puzzle. Psychology is dealing with people's personalities and perspectives, not giving you a difficult puzzle.
Apr 16, 2016 3:21 AM

Nov 2015
I've said this once before and I'll say it again, 'psychological' is the tag used for anime that try to be deep or complex; regardless of whether they succeed at that or not.
Apr 16, 2016 5:05 PM

Jan 2016
If an anime delves deeper into the human psyche?
Apr 16, 2016 5:48 PM

Oct 2010
Trance- said:
I've said this once before and I'll say it again, 'psychological' is the tag used for anime that try to be deep or complex; regardless of whether they succeed at that or not.

Too bad it's as false now as it was before.
Apr 16, 2016 7:11 PM

Jun 2015
Psychological: Fucks with character's head (Deep).
Dementia: Fucks with YOUR head (2deep4u).
Apr 16, 2016 8:51 PM

Nov 2015
jal90 said:
Trance- said:

Disprove it. If this definition doesn't work for any 'psychological' anime, I'll change it.

Too bad you still don't know how to debate.
Apr 17, 2016 1:38 AM

Oct 2010
Trance- said:
jal90 said:

Disprove it. If this definition doesn't work for any 'psychological' anime, I'll change it.

Too bad that was not your conclusion, I don't need to disprove a point you didn't make. You said that they were all picked because they tried to look deep or complex, whether they effectively do or not is only a consequence, not a defining cause. You are the one who needs to prove that this is the criterion used and your observation isn't accidental.

Learn how to argue, kid.
jal90Apr 17, 2016 1:43 AM
Apr 17, 2016 2:41 AM

May 2015
jal90 said:
Trance- said:

Too bad that was not your conclusion, I don't need to disprove a point you didn't make. You said that they were all picked because they tried to look deep or complex, whether they effectively do or not is only a consequence, not a defining cause. You are the one who needs to prove that this is the criterion used and your observation isn't accidental.

Learn how to argue, kid.

Philosophical depth doesn't equal psychological depth, though. Mushishi tries to be profound, but it never tries to give a deep psychological portrait of its characters.

You need to define 'depth' before you use it like an insult.
Apr 17, 2016 9:57 AM

Dec 2015
TonyTheme said:
4blaze2it0 said:
This is actually subjective as different anime affect people in different ways but to me Baka to test and Bokusatsu Tenshi dokuro-chan made me feel shitty inside..
This is true, but I think something like a work's genre is separate from your subjective experience. A melodrama centering around a small family with a ongoing war in the background may be unintentionally hilarious, but it still isn't a comedy. It's like how The Room's director tried to retroactively portray the movie as a comedy after its panning.

4blaze2it0 said:
There are a lot of shows that have extensive internal monologue (Steins;Gate, Shigatsu) but aren't really psychological while stuff like shinsekai yori gives absolutely no insight into the MCs head whatsoever and yet has that 'psychological' tag attached to it..
Do the extensive internal monologues touch on deep seated insecurities or fears that warp situations and influence the character's actions? Are these states of mind the narrative thrust? Or are they more about conveying thoughts that reflect the current situation they're in?

I think that tag for Shinsekai Yori is misplaced.

With Shinsekai Yori it's probably because of the freudian themes. The explanation about their cantus is typical Freud.
Apr 17, 2016 1:01 PM
Apr 2013
When there's truth that helps you understand how the mind works and why people act in certain ways, that's a good psychological anime
Apr 17, 2016 1:11 PM

Nov 2015
jal90 said:
Trance- said:

Learn how to argue, kid.

Look at my signature; it's talking exactly about you.

@TheBraininTheJar mentioned Mushihi. That's a good example. Is there anything 'psychological' in that anime? No.

Then you have, say, Tokyo Ghoul. Is there anything psychological about that? No.

But you have, recently, Joker Game! and it surely had some psychological tricks played in the first episode during that 'joker game'. And then also in the second episode, when the spies basically tested the main character psychologically.

Thus I prove that any anime with a 'psychological' tag either actually touches a few psychological themes or is simply a - supposedly - 'deep' anime.

Your turn.
Apr 17, 2016 1:16 PM
Mar 2015
Any anime that tries to make you think about something or puts mental pressure on its characters forcing them to question their thoughts/actions is a psychological anime.

The only exception I have seen to this is kuuchuu buranko which is a psychological anime because it is about a psychiatrist treating psychological disorders.
Apr 17, 2016 1:20 PM

Jul 2015
Too many emotions, or the emotions of the characters have a lot of screen time(?)
Apr 17, 2016 3:09 PM

Oct 2010
Trance- said:
jal90 said:

Learn how to argue, kid.

Look at my signature; it's talking exactly about you.

@TheBraininTheJar mentioned Mushihi. That's a good example. Is there anything 'psychological' in that anime? No.

Then you have, say, Tokyo Ghoul. Is there anything psychological about that? No.

But you have, recently, Joker Game! and it surely had some psychological tricks played in the first episode during that 'joker game'. And then also in the second episode, when the spies basically tested the main character psychologically.

Thus I prove that any anime with a 'psychological' tag either actually touches a few psychological themes or is simply a - supposedly - 'deep' anime.

Your turn.

Too bad that your premise was "the criterion used for the tag psychological is that the anime has to try to be deep or complex", nor "the anime has to deal with psychological themes". Changing your premise in the middle of the discussion is cheating, sir.

The problem with asking for examples or counterexamples is first and firemost that this doesn't tackle the main issue, you don't prove a cause by mentioning an effect that can either be correlation or consequence (dealing with a psychological perspective would usually bring a feeling of depth and/or complexity due to the inner intricacies of this perspective). And the second is that the premise you've set here is ambiguous enough. I could mention Perfect blue as a quintessential psychological anime that does not try to be particularly deep or complex but instead focuses on twisted perceptions and ambiguity through a subjective narrator. Same thing with Garden of words, which does not say anything specifically complex or deep but tries to capture an emotional route. But then again, in your "trying to be" definition everything can apply potentially since it's a matter of personal perception.

I'm actually giving you too much of my time considering the tone of your previous answers, so feel free to choose if you want to have a civilized discussion or either keep the aggresive low quality baiting you've tried so far.
jal90Apr 17, 2016 3:51 PM
Apr 17, 2016 5:34 PM

Oct 2015
TheBrainintheJar said:
Quinaxalite said:

That's not psychological. That's just a puzzle. Psychology is dealing with people's personalities and perspectives, not giving you a difficult puzzle.

I don't mean a puzzle exactly. I mean stuff that's thought provoking. It's the opposite of genres like slice of life or simple fighting shonen series.
Apr 18, 2016 1:47 AM

May 2015
Quinaxalite said:
TheBrainintheJar said:

I don't mean a puzzle exactly. I mean stuff that's thought provoking. It's the opposite of genres like slice of life or simple fighting shonen series.

You can be thought-provoking philosophical concepts and still not be psychological. Medabots explores the concept of weaponry but it's not psycological
Apr 18, 2016 4:12 AM

Nov 2015
jal90 said:

Too bad that your premise was "the criterion used for the tag psychological is that the anime has to try to be deep or complex", nor "the anime has to deal with psychological themes". Changing your premise in the middle of the discussion is cheating, sir.

Your comprehension skills are very bad. My later clarification that an anime has to fulfill these two conditions to get a psychological tag doesn't defy my original assertion. Those two conditions were:
a) The show actually touches some psychological theme.
b) It only has to be 'deep' either as a ruse or truthfully.

If a show fulfills the premise a), then it's automatically 'deep' because it touches a subject of much academic importance. For the premise b), I guess it's self-explanatory. A good example is Mushishi and Tokyo Ghoul; Mushishi is actually 'deep' whereas TG tries to be - yet both get the tag 'psychological'.

Now see if this fails the original definition: "An anime either has to be deep or pretend to be deep to get the psychological tag''.

Perfect Blue and Garden of Words are also deep. Your average joe will argue about Garden of Words that literally nothing of value happens in it; the relationship dynamics between the main characters in GoW demand some attention from the viewer.
Apr 18, 2016 4:14 AM

Jun 2009
Just a guess but I think it's the psychologicality.
Apr 18, 2016 4:27 PM

Oct 2010
Trance- said:
jal90 said:

Your comprehension skills are very bad. My later clarification that an anime has to fulfill these two conditions to get a psychological tag doesn't defy my original assertion. Those two conditions were:
a) The show actually touches some psychological theme.
b) It only has to be 'deep' either as a ruse or truthfully.

Nice redefinition of your own premise. Why do you expect me to conform to something you've changed in the middle of the discussion remains a mystery. I'll quote your original post again just in case:
Trance- said:

This only covers point b as far as I'm concerned. Lol at you attacking my comprehension skills for not being able to predict such a heavy transition in your premise.

But hey, whatever. Let's focus on this if you want.

Trance- said:
If a show fulfills the premise a), then it's automatically 'deep' because it touches a subject of much academic importance.

Explain that, please. Where does such academic importance lie.

Trance- said:
For the premise b), I guess it's self-explanatory. A good example is Mushishi and Tokyo Ghoul; Mushishi is actually 'deep' whereas TG tries to be - yet both get the tag 'psychological'.

Mushishi didn't get the tag "psychological" though.

Trance- said:
Now see if this fails the original definition: "An anime either has to be deep or pretend to be deep to get the psychological tag''.

Your original definition is still under the burden of proof. Did you miss my point about correlation and causation?

Trance- said:
Perfect Blue and Garden of Words are also deep. Your average joe will argue about Garden of Words that literally nothing of value happens in it; the relationship dynamics between the main characters in GoW demand some attention from the viewer.

Of course it demands some attention from the viewer, my condescending friend, but the depth and thoroughness of the relationship are told in a simplified and embellished way, so that the film becomes ultimately a raw exposition of emotions. Perfect Blue on the other hand does have depth if you want to consider the background satire as something deep, but it's in the subtext, not in the psychological tag. The psychological tag is there to conduct a thriller through a subjective point of view. This is not like Serial experiments Lain where we get complicated structures and philosophical concepts through the perception of Lain, it is a story of confusion and ambiguity over dissociated realities. A character who can't differentiate what is real and what is her imagination. Simple as that.
jal90Apr 18, 2016 4:36 PM
Apr 18, 2016 6:47 PM

Oct 2009
When it has MindFuck moments basically :V

Apr 19, 2016 1:23 AM

Nov 2015
jal90 said:

This only covers point b as far as I'm concerned. Lol at you attacking my comprehension skills for not being able to predict such a heavy transition in your premise.

But hey, whatever. Let's focus on this if you want.

"Anime that are deep, or try to be deep''

Point a): Anime which actually touches some psychological themes.

Later I asserted that an anime which touches psychological themes is by default 'deep'.

Redefinition? I think not.

Explain that, please. Where does such academic importance lie.

Psychology has academic importance(?)
I emphasized this part simply because you could have rebounded, ''So every sci-fi anime is deep too?''. An anime that touches psychological themes can only do so as long as it remains in the sphere of reality. Sci-fi, obviously, delves into the territory of 'fiction'. There's 'science' but that is only a plot device. But anime that do utilize psychology to their advantage have, what I term, pure psychology.

Mushishi didn't get the tag "psychological" though.

Sorry about the wrong usage of Mushishi. But it's still relevant. Relevant as in, if we're trying to define 'psychological anime' as anime that deal with the 'psyche' (emotions and thoughts) of characters, then Mushishi would be psychological too. And so would be Sakarasou.

Now you'll say that I asserted that if anime= deep then it only follows deep=psychological. Nope. All psychological anime are deep (or try to be deep) but not all deep anime are psychological.

Of course it demands some attention from the viewer, my condescending friend, but the depth and thoroughness of the relationship are told in a simplified and embellished way, so that the film becomes ultimately a raw exposition of emotions. Perfect Blue on the other hand does have depth if you want to consider the background satire as something deep, but it's in the subtext, not in the psychological tag. The psychological tag is there to conduct a thriller through a subjective point of view. This is not like Serial experiments Lain where we get complicated structures and philosophical concepts through the perception of Lain, it is a story of confusion and ambiguity over dissociated realities. A character who can't differentiate what is real and what is her imagination. Simple as that.

Complex =/= deep
May 1, 2016 12:07 AM

Mar 2015
Ok, I am confused too.

Kokoro Connect is psychological anime or not?
This salad is salty favored
May 1, 2016 12:34 AM

May 2015
Was it implied sci-fi can't be psychological?

I really hope not.
May 1, 2016 12:38 AM

Nov 2015
TheBrainintheJar said:

I really hope not.

Absolutely not..
In fact as far as I'm concerned I think most sci-fi tend to have some psychological elements in them..
May 1, 2016 12:45 AM

Jul 2014
Psychological shows leaves you with a scar in your heart afterwards or just generally messes with your head and logical reasoning.

Like: Psycho-pass, Evangelion, Gakkou-Gurashi! or School Days.
May 1, 2016 12:46 AM

Apr 2016
Psycological Anime are when the characters in the Anime are in a psycological situation. "What do you mean?" I hear you ask, well take for example Mirai Nikki/Future Diary, the characters are in a Death game which is very psycological, to make this psycological you would add realistic ways that the characters react for example how Yuki is always so scared, if you were him you would be scared too right? exactly! That is what seperates psycological Anime from non-psycological Anime.
(I am not 100% sure if this is correct, this is only what I saw in common between the psycological Anime that I have seen)
May 1, 2016 1:15 AM

Feb 2016
Pullman said:

Not really. It's more about the show focusing on the psychology of its characters and giving us insight into what happens in their head instead of just following them around and showing us what they do. You'll typically see a lot of inner monologues and sometimes there won't even be any secondary characters because all the show needs is the one MC and what's happening inside their head. There just happen to be a lot of psychological works that are set in some kind of extreme situation since those scenarios lend themselves to generating interesting inner conflicts, but there's also psychological shows in very mundane settings.

Pullman, since you are an anime moderator, can I ask a question? I was just curious why Madoka Magika was categorized in the psychological genre. Because I felt like the progression of events and plot twists make the anime more psychological rather than the inner conflicts and thoughts of the characters. Can you explain more of the definition? Thanks!
A retard is trying to prove his point, thanks.
May 2, 2016 8:54 AM

May 2015
GesuYarou said:
TheBrainintheJar said:

I really hope not.

Absolutely not..
In fact as far as I'm concerned I think most sci-fi tend to have some psychological elements in them..

Not all sci-fi but a lot of sci-fi does.

Sci-Fi's psychology can be hard since it's often about how certain changes in society will affect us psychologically. How successful a work isn't relevant - it's a big aspect in many.
May 2, 2016 9:01 AM

Nov 2015
TheBrainintheJar said:

I did mention the word 'most' tho..

Sci-Fi's psychology can be hard since it's often about how certain changes in society will affect us psychologically. How successful a work isn't relevant - it's a big aspect in many.

Not only that but the way despite all those changes in their environment, the human brain and its way of reacting to situations never changes. The only difference here is how they deal with situations that are unknown to the people of today (and in a lot of cases they don't know how to deal with those situations themselves)..
May 2, 2016 9:04 AM

Feb 2016
i wood say that any anime that makes u think a lot is psycological
example is death note ^w^
Charley-chan desuuu :3 hachimemasu
May 2, 2016 9:26 AM

May 2015
GesuYarou said:
TheBrainintheJar said:

Not only that but the way despite all those changes in their environment, the human brain and its way of reacting to situations never changes. The only difference here is how they deal with situations that are unknown to the people of today (and in a lot of cases they don't know how to deal with those situations themselves)..

Our reactions to things do change. Two people who are born into radically different environments will develop radically different psychologies.

Sci-fi stories' objective is to guess how these psychologies work. How do the differences in environments produce a different mind?
May 2, 2016 9:41 AM

Nov 2015
TheBrainintheJar said:
GesuYarou said:

Our reactions to things do change. Two people who are born into radically different environments will develop radically different psychologies.

Sci-fi stories' objective is to guess how these psychologies work. How do the differences in environments produce a different mind?

The only reason they would react differently is because of their environment. The changes in society is superficial.

However the basic instinctive reaction will probably not change for the next couple of millenia. It's been ingrained in our DNA.
May 2, 2016 2:39 PM

May 2015
GesuYarou said:
TheBrainintheJar said:

The only reason they would react differently is because of their environment. The changes in society is superficial.

However the basic instinctive reaction will probably not change for the next couple of millenia. It's been ingrained in our DNA.

Sure, but if one person is born into a society where everything is given him without effort and another has to work for small things like food and shelter - they'll develop radically different viewpoints.

Sci-fi creates new environments that express some ideas and should explore them.
May 6, 2016 10:50 AM

Jul 2014
For me, it's when it makes you question a lot of things going on in the anime.... simply an anime that makes you think further into it, to a deeper level. I guess xD
. . . . . . . . . .
DO NOT touch my rice. . . . . .
I'm Asian. . . . . .
May 6, 2016 11:30 AM

Feb 2015
A large focus on exploration of the character's psyche, duh. Take Evangelion for instance, the quintessential psychological anime, and it's obsession with Shinji's psyche with little care for the plot or other aspects of the title. Sure, it may have used extremely antiquated methods of examination (Freudian psychology? Come on...), but it was still the primary focus of the series.

Same goes for stuff like WataMote, NHK (characters trying to conquer their fears of social situations), Kaiji (characters just trying to conquer their fear), etc.
May 6, 2016 6:05 PM

Feb 2016
Well for me, a good psychological anime would make me think hard in the series, and a great one would make me think about the world and social issues around me.
May 7, 2016 12:32 AM

May 2015
raenydays said:
For me, it's when it makes you question a lot of things going on in the anime.... simply an anime that makes you think further into it, to a deeper level. I guess xD

Deep thinking is often philosophical. While they can go hand-in-hand, it's important to distinguish between psychological and philosophical. Psychological deals directly with the character's psych, their personality, how they came to be what they are and so forth.
May 7, 2016 6:11 AM

Dec 2015
I agree with @Pullmann . But I think there should be some "problems" - not some happy slice of life setting. Could als be called "philosophical" if there were no problems but if it was more like slice of life and showing the thoughts of the characters.

I'd be more interested in how you'd define "horror". Most people say they they need to feel some fear. In my opinion only the characters need to be in a setting where they feel fear. (This also could be a bit psychological the characters thoughts were described.)
May 8, 2016 11:43 AM

May 2015
Luthandorius said:
I agree with @Pullmann . But I think there should be some "problems" - not some happy slice of life setting. Could als be called "philosophical" if there were no problems but if it was more like slice of life and showing the thoughts of the characters.

I'd be more interested in how you'd define "horror". Most people say they they need to feel some fear. In my opinion only the characters need to be in a setting where they feel fear. (This also could be a bit psychological the characters thoughts were described.)

Horror is a story element. It's, in general, a conflict between a weak character and a much stronger entity. The horror comes from how we don't know exactly how powerful that entity is, how it works and why it does what it does.
May 26, 2016 1:24 PM

Nov 2011
Ehhhhh I feel like this thread don't give a proper and satisfying answer IMO ...
Well,I've been thinking psychological anime was mostly about Mindgame for years, I'm pretty sure I'm not well placed to give a proper definition of psychological.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» Best anime of 2024 so far?

Fukoku - 30 minutes ago

4 by E-Satie »»
2 minutes ago

» Anime peaked in 1998

Iron_Leopard - 7 hours ago

19 by SaiteiDaOrette »»
5 minutes ago

» What cartoon did you come to learn was actually anime

JaniSIr - 5 hours ago

11 by AddaeAkono »»
5 minutes ago

» Saddest Anime Character Deaths

Henrique-Senpai - 1 hour ago

5 by JoySeeker »»
30 minutes ago

» How does MAL ratings system work

Aryan-0_0 - Dec 27, 2022

18 by WWWalter »»
43 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.