Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 »
Nov 3, 2015 8:15 AM

Jul 2014
I need that oppai jacket. It doesn't matter that I'm a girl. I need that xD
And Saitama gets C grade, while Genos get S grade? xD
Damn, I'd be so jealous if that happened to me xD

But Mask-sama <3 In love already with his hotness :D
Nov 3, 2015 8:15 AM

Nov 2011
Episode that, as before, is able to enter into the narrative all that is needed to close the circle. Fun, addictive, evolution of characters and a lot of good action topped by a spectacular choreography. It only takes a "Lucano". Seriously, Saitama receives, although not at center stage, an additional "step" analysis in its idea of a hero, the same happens with Genos but otherwise, he will have an "upgrade" of power more than anything else. In both cases the result does not change, like the "step forward".
Nov 3, 2015 8:28 AM

Sep 2011
cloud2313 said:
Loved that bit about how Hero association got formed because of Saitama.

Dont think that was ever mentioned in teh manga

It was, though
Nov 3, 2015 10:33 AM

Apr 2013
Pretty mediocre so far outside of muh animation.
Nov 3, 2015 10:56 AM
Jul 2009
freaking amazing..
yes it has its flaws.. but its so awesome you just dont care..

10/10
Nov 3, 2015 12:14 PM

Jan 2015
geralt said:
Seems like every episode discussion follows this pattern:
1. Person A states they didn't find the episode enjoyable and implies the series is overrated
2. Person B criticises A's general taste
3. Person C also criticises A's opinion
4. Person A is annoyed at the fact of not being able to express himself/herself without being attacked and so complains about the fanbase
5. Person D agrees with A and starts whining about OPM fans wanting a circle jerk instead of a discussion
6. Person B and C state giving a negative opinion in the forum and then not expecting to be criticised is silly
7. More redundant discussion about who's worse
8. After ages a mod finally cleans this mess up
9. A week later, rinse and repeat

This is too accurate.
Nov 3, 2015 3:04 PM
Trickster

Jun 2011
Good episode. I liked the Hero Association testing, that was fun.

I really want that Oppai sweatshirt.

Fights are really where this show shines, and it was very well animated.

I think my only real complaint is that Saitama needs more of a personality. He seems a little bland to me.
Nov 3, 2015 5:29 PM

Jun 2013
This episode had too much epicness. From the test, to the fighting, to the realization that mosquito from second episode had some fucking wicked speed. Also, digging the shirt.
Ad Astra Per Aspera
Nov 3, 2015 5:58 PM

Mar 2013
I think this was my favorite episode so far XD
Nov 3, 2015 6:11 PM

Dec 2013
Todd_ said:
I think my only real complaint is that Saitama needs more of a personality. He seems a little bland to me.

That's the point
Nov 3, 2015 7:18 PM

Apr 2009
I was so damn excited to see saitama popping his gum all over his face and genos going "SENSEI!" for some reason, it's a shame that they chose to show it from the back? since you see it from the front in the manga and it's super funny. i think i just love that scene because it so represents saitama and his attitude
Nov 3, 2015 8:15 PM

Apr 2014
G_Spark233 said:
Todd_ said:

That's the point

It doesn't make it any better.
Nov 3, 2015 10:05 PM

Dec 2013
Z4k said:
G_Spark233 said:

That's the point

If you don't understand the point that's not really the shows fault.
Nov 3, 2015 11:08 PM
Feb 2012
Z4k said:
G_Spark233 said:

That's the point

I have a feeling the makers were going for the story with extremely OP main character as a joke where every side character has amazing fight scenes and Saitama just shows up and spoils the fun with one punch.
If you try overanalysing it you could say they're going for a story where side characters have deeper character than the main, who's the most bland person in the story.
I mean he literally did slightly difficult gym workouts and became the strongest ever.

But that might not suit your taste and that's fine, really.
I don't know why people are arguing when we watch animes to have fun.

"Why do you not like the things I like? Your taste is crap." -close-minded person
Djinn247Nov 3, 2015 11:56 PM
Nov 3, 2015 11:58 PM

Apr 2014
Ichigo247 said:
I don't know why people are arguing when we watch animes to have fun.

Considering the large population of angsty and/or edgy teenagers/young adults on MAL I think you'll find this is actually a minority view around these parts.
Nov 4, 2015 12:43 AM

Sep 2013
G_Spark233 said:
Todd_ said:

That's the point

i thought it was pretty obvious he was "intended" to be bland.
Z4k said:

But it does for me, its a very refreshing change from the hot blooded/cool/emo MCs. just watching his deadpan face is enough to make me chuckle.
Nov 4, 2015 2:04 AM

Jul 2015
RinFTW said:
But it does for me, its a very refreshing change from the hot blooded/cool/emo MCs. just watching his deadpan face is enough to make me chuckle.

thumbs up to this....

He is unique, that's for sure. and base on its great reception, there is nothing more to add.

I remember, the original manga, it had horrible drawing, but it was so good, unique, and entertaining, that I'd finish that series, and it is a very popular manga, even if it's like a doodle from a 4 year old. That's got to tell you something.

Anyway, people always has something they don't like about something, no matter what. Proven and tested, no matter how good the series is, be it a masterpiece. just gotta learn to let them by...
Nov 4, 2015 2:10 AM

Jul 2015
.. and sometimes, some 'd want to get a rise on fans...

they get a thrill from those... I don't know why. I'll check on a psychology textbook for reference...
Nov 4, 2015 2:23 AM
May 2013
That fight scene was the best animated sequence I have seen in my entire life. The animations for OPM are superbly done. I recovered my password on this account just to rate it a 10/10 and comment.
Nov 4, 2015 2:24 AM
May 2013
animeBee1ver said:
RinFTW said:

thumbs up to this....

He is unique, that's for sure. and base on its great reception, there is nothing more to add.

I remember, the original manga, it had horrible drawing, but it was so good, unique, and entertaining, that I'd finish that series, and it is a very popular manga, even if it's like a doodle from a 4 year old. That's got to tell you something.

Anyway, people always has something they don't like about something, no matter what. Proven and tested, no matter how good the series is, be it a masterpiece. just gotta learn to let them by...
I remember the drawing was weird too, but looking back at it now, it looks very good. I mean, have you seen stuff like this floating around, https://twitter.com/myuutasu/status/660601192574140417/photo/1.
That alone shows how genius this mangaka is. He can picture all of those animations in his head and draw it out.

EDIT: Nvm, after a bit of research I found out that there was a web-comic of OPM, so I'm assuming you're referring to that.
azndaviddNov 4, 2015 2:33 AM
Nov 4, 2015 2:28 AM
Jul 2018
animeBee1ver said:

they get a thrill from those... I don't know why. I'll check on a psychology textbook for reference...

Nothing to do with "thrills". Wouldn't do for us all to like the same would it?
Lots of people are talking about how Owarimono is AOTS, but I happen to think it's the weakest and most drawn out of the series so far.
That's just how it is. Different strokes for different folks

On topic: I'm a bit gutted about it only being one cour. I'd really like to see the recent team Blizzard vs team Saitama section animated (and the bit with Genos, Sonic, Saitama and Fubuki before that).
Nov 4, 2015 2:46 AM

Jul 2015
Sangaz said:
animeBee1ver said:

Nothing to do with "thrills". Wouldn't do for us all to like the same would it?
Lots of people are talking about how Owarimono is AOTS, but I happen to think it's the weakest and most drawn out of the series so far.
That's just how it is. Different strokes for different folks

On topic: I'm a bit gutted about it only being one cour. I'd really like to see the recent team Blizzard vs team Saitama section animated (and the bit with Genos, Sonic, Saitama and Fubuki before that).

"sometimes, some..."

azndavidd said:
I remember the drawing was weird too, but looking back at it now, it looks very good. I mean, have you seen stuff like this floating around, https://twitter.com/myuutasu/status/660601192574140417/photo/1.
That alone shows how genius this mangaka is. He can picture all of those animations in his head and draw it out.

EDIT: Nvm, after a bit of research I found out that there was a web-comic of OPM, so I'm assuming you're referring to that.

yup, that one. but good clip though. the sequencing from the manga was no doubt brilliant...
Nov 4, 2015 4:19 AM

Aug 2014
geralt said:
1. Person A states they didn't find the episode enjoyable and implies the series is overrated
4. Person A is annoyed at the fact of not being able to express himself/herself without being attacked and so complains about the fanbase
5. Person D agrees with A and starts whining about OPM fans wanting a circle jerk instead of a discussion
6. Person B and C state giving a negative opinion in the forum and then not expecting to be criticised is silly

Sad but true...
Nov 4, 2015 5:27 AM

Jun 2015
i wonder what'll be the last ep of this.
Nov 4, 2015 6:12 AM
Feb 2012
I love how the Manga didn't have the punch test and they only added it to anime as a reference to DBZ.
Nov 4, 2015 1:13 PM

Jun 2008
Saitama please don't destroy all the equipment x)
Nov 4, 2015 4:30 PM

Jul 2012
This show grows on me after each episode. The animation is freakin' amazing.

I love that these two are living together now 😂 Genos and Saitama together are great to watch 😁
Nov 4, 2015 6:03 PM

Sep 2013
lol, I get the point of this now. As always said in business, "You can have the greatest product in the world but if you don't market it, no one will buy it."

Saitama has zero marketing potential especially compared to Genos. Just compare their art style.
Nov 4, 2015 7:43 PM

Oct 2015
Hidayat246 said:
Ahhhhhhh That's a cool detail! Aw. Loving this series
Nov 4, 2015 8:11 PM

May 2015
geralt said:
Your daily dose in EVERY "MAINSTREAMED" anime's discussion thread
Nov 4, 2015 9:04 PM

Oct 2008
Now I know one of the side-weakness of Saitama...okane! (MONEY!)
Another awesome excellent episode!
This anime is one of the most perfectly executed action animation scenes!
Did i just heard Urahara voice? and miyano mamoru voice also??!?
very hilarious on the physical exam! Saitama jumped and his head made a hole on the roof of the stadium! (vertical jumping)
I like Genos! He's a very cool and composed character!
6/5!!!
matias067Nov 4, 2015 9:09 PM

Nov 5, 2015 5:43 AM

Nov 2013
Perfect episode. The fight was eye candy and respected the drawing style of the manga.
Nov 5, 2015 6:06 AM

Aug 2015
-Must buy that Oppai Shirt
-LMAO at Saitama for failing the essay part
-Dat Orgasmic Genos action scene though
-and LMAO,Money matters for Saitama
Nov 5, 2015 6:33 AM

Mar 2015
I have a question: Saitama says he is a hero just for fun (hobby).

So does he actually have a job? In the flashback he surely did. But in the recent episodes he doesn't seem to work.

How does/did he pay his rent (before Genos bribed him with rent money?)?

Anyone got an answer?
Nov 5, 2015 6:35 AM
Jul 2018
Helenus said:

So does he actually have a job? In the flashback he surely did. But in the recent episodes he doesn't seem to work.

Anyone got an answer?

You know how to question anime? You just don´t.

But seriously, i don´t know. Maybe his savings?
Nov 5, 2015 6:55 AM

Apr 2013
Helenus said:

Anyone got an answer?

Even in the flashback with the crab, he didn't have a job and in fact was going to interviews so I don't think he ever worked actually (which explains why he felt like Hammerhead and him were similar in a way). As for the rent, it's gonna be touched upon later on, but there have already been some hints about it.
5 main aspects I base my ratings on:
1. Did DramaEnthusiast make a thread about it?
2. Is it better than Breaking Bad?
3. Did MellowJello recommend the shit out of it?
4. Has it caused a (very entertaining) shitstorm on MAL?
5. Is it actually good?

Scratch the fifth point, it's not very relevant...
Nov 5, 2015 9:30 AM

Sep 2011
Helenus said:

Anyone got an answer?

That was answered in a Q&A
This is not actually a spoiler, you can open it. Just for space reasons

Veldin461Nov 5, 2015 9:38 AM
Nov 5, 2015 10:46 AM

May 2014
Dat shirt though. Ah man the action scenes are amazing, I just love it when Genos starts getting serious. A shitload of explosions. It's so nice to look at.
Nov 5, 2015 1:57 PM

Jun 2013
Fucking Saitama man he's amazing!!! holy shit that duel was epic
Nov 5, 2015 3:58 PM
Aug 2007
Good fucking Lord, this show is amazing... I don't remember ever being this excited to watch each new episode.

I love how the main character is so OP but no one knows about him apart from one person.
Nov 5, 2015 4:01 PM

Sep 2011
Raitei said:
Good fucking Lord, this show is amazing... I don't remember ever being this excited to watch each new episode.

I love how the main character is so OP but no one knows about him apart from one person.

3 persons. you forgot Dr.Genus and Sonic xD
Veldin461Nov 5, 2015 4:04 PM
Nov 5, 2015 6:27 PM

May 2014
Haha, you gatta love the walking om this guy xD after "training" in the valley
Nov 6, 2015 12:36 AM

Jul 2009
I love the episode :)

It's amazing how Saitama pretty much exceeds all of physical examination with ease.

Snek is funny as hell. AS usual get's one punched XD

I love how when Saitama get's serious, even without impact, it pretty much destroys its surroundings.

Who the hell is this Amai Mask. Sweet Mask?! lol

Not to mention, Saitama is jealous of Genos's popularity and all. And lol Saitama is against Genos leaving in his apartment, as soon as he saw that money how can you refuse XD

Can't wait for the next episode!!!
Nov 6, 2015 12:44 AM

Aug 2015
wow. the last time i've seen a thrilling fight in anime are : Ichigo Vs grimjow, Natsu Vs zero, And Kaneki vs yamori, but FUCKKKKK THOSE FIGHT DOESN'T MEAN SHIT COMPARE TO SAITAMA VS GENOS, THE BEST FIGHT EVER ! FUCKKK I CAN'T WAIT FOR EPISODE 6.
Nov 6, 2015 1:35 AM

Dec 2012
I laughed to many times xD
The tests at the association were hilarious, Saitama is totally underrated. Saitama vs Genos was amazing especially the end, when Saitama gets a bit serious. Madhouse made a great animation.
Nov 6, 2015 10:18 AM

Jul 2014
And thus Genos Waifu is born.
You non manga readers will find out sooner or later but [spoiler] Genos basically ends up doing all the housework, in a pink apron[spoiler]
Nov 6, 2015 1:28 PM

Aug 2014
Dat Saitama vs Genos fight was epic, laughed quite a bit at the heroes reaction when Saitama just destroyed everything xD
Nov 7, 2015 2:51 AM

Aug 2015
Boy, I was looking forward to that fight, and it did not disappoint. Heavenly.
Nov 7, 2015 8:11 AM

Jul 2013
Saitama vs Genos was great and a display of their abilities.

And the animation is simple great.
Nov 7, 2015 8:39 PM
Jul 2018
That was awesome, the exam was great to see and I’m looking forward to see what they’ll do as heroes. As usual the fights are badass and holy shit Saitma’s almost punch there was terrifying. Amai Mask or whatever is really shady though.
Pages (9) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Punch Man Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 29, 2015

588 by Pullups4Days »»
Jun 28, 4:48 PM

Poll: » One Punch Man Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 22, 2015

372 by Pullups4Days »»
Jun 28, 4:23 PM

Poll: » One Punch Man Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 8, 2015

347 by Pullups4Days »»
Jun 28, 1:15 PM

Poll: » One Punch Man Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 20, 2015

988 by KediTime12 »»
Jun 16, 11:44 PM

Poll: » One Punch Man Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Truth4Lies - Oct 11, 2015

476 by Jiborjas »»
Jun 11, 10:42 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.